Games gooks never play

What's some niche western games/ganeres that the Japs have no experience in? I'm visiting a buddy in Japan soon and want to blow his mind with superior western games that have little to no traction in the East.

The David Cage anthology

Actually good cRPGs

Good ones

Gooks are Koreans.

Shut up zipperhead.

there are no Koreans,they are all undercover chinese

this would be because there aren't any

This confirms it. Must be like garlic to vampires for riceniggers.

wat

RTS/RTT is the only genre worth a damn that the Japanese don't play or make better than the west.

Strategy games.

Give him Warcraft 3, HoMM 3 and Medieval 2 Total War.

thousand land and grimgrimoire were more creative than any western games in the genre at least

Classic FPS'es for PC (1995 - 2007)
>>13750447 what these niggas said
Mount & Blade (not western)
Grand Strats
Autistic / spreadshit simulators (e.g Rule the Wa/v/es, Steel Beasts)
5th gen FMVs

Yeah, i think that's about it

I'd start with STALKER, honestly. Asians in general don't gravitate towards FPS games the way Westerners do.

thank god they avoid the first person shitter genre. stalker is already also very popular in japan but good job showing how little you know about video games.

That's because they get motion sickness way worse.

They play cheapass Counter-Strike clones with shitty graphics and a shit ton of microtransactions.

Lots of my jap friends play COH.

Unless its got something with the IJA in it.

some metacritic top games that have not aged badly like
GTA V
Portal 2
Skyrim (with loli mods)
Minecraft
DIshonored
Crysis
even indie like Braid, Spelunky and Undertale are good.

OP wanted to impress his Jap friend, not make him wish Japan could return the favor from Hiroshima and Nagasaki

Say hi to Superbus for us

Gooks=Koreans
Nips=Japanese
Chinks=Chinese

Learn your derogatory vernacular you uncultured swine.

He could give him Panzer Corps with the IJA mod so they can delight in removing gooks and chinks.

Thank you for instructing the plebs quasi-Satan.

Technically correct but people have always used Gook as a catch-all term.

I'm fairly sure you're trying to ruin a friendship.
About the only two i'd even consider, is Portal 2, and Crysis. Only consider.

OP, this is what i'd do. I'd look for games with quirks. Also, Japs tend to like dungeon crawlers. Rogue was a bigger deal over there then here from my understanding.

Now as i said, Portal 2 i'd consider because portals are a twist. I'd also consider space engineers. It's basically minecraft but space ships. Best looking voxel game i know of. Hellion is another space games which might be better, but you need to understand the game yourself before showing. Kenshi might also be a game to recommend. Okay i swear that's the last early access shit.

Here is the list i'd focus on from my steam library (kind sad now that i think about it)
Warhammer40k Dark crusades
Super hot
Uplink
elite dangerous
factorio
Kerbal space program
Hacknet
TIS-100 (furthest stretch)
Postal 2
antichamber (LSD mind fuck)
Legends of Grimrock
Witcher 3
Prototype 1 (only thing i like about this is the cutscenes, likely should just ignore.)
Darkest dungeon
Tropico3 (not 4, haven't played 5, no reason to do 1 since you got 3, 2 is a reskin of 1, but has it's own quirks which might make it worth it.)

—
Multiplayer focused,
Crawl
Broforce(never actually played it.)

Anything that takes skill

All AAA Garbage.

OP should show his friend Subnautica instead.

Fair enough, although it is basically a techdemo with a OK game attached to it.

No, maybe and hell no thanks to the autistic fanbase!

Are you talking about recent games and shit that is still played?

Diablo2 or Grim Dawn,
Doom with tons and tons of mods. Sperg for an entire evening with all the shit people has made for it
As I already mentioned said Subnautica
Europa Universalis 3 or Hearts of Iron 3
Styx master of Shadows and Styx shards of Darkness
any Sudden Strike just to show him how balls to walls Western RTS can go
Rayman Legends (maybe)

I hope you realize one of the most popular video game franchises in Japan is in fact Call of Duty.

I only know homm3 has 2hu mods

I need more context to know which part you're talking about.

Not so sure sure about rayman but the rest sound good. id also append DukeNukem3D with mega ton edition. I haven't played with the Duke3D source port yet but Holla Forums seems to like it.

If he is into old games and science fiction themes, Alpha Centauri and Master of Orion 2, please.

Oh yeah forgot about that
Atleast i could say that the CoD fanbase over there aren't obnoxious

Gook = Koreans or Viatnamese (basically any asiatic that fought US GIs after WWII.

Gone Home.
Dragon Age.
Life is Strange.

stop that right now

Well those are perfect examples of western games nips have never played, arent they?

Wolfenstein 2, Mass Effect Andromeda and Mario Odyssey are killer games, OP.

Here's an interesting thought. Get him to play MechWarrior 3 or 4 and see what he thinks about the West's take on the mecha genre.

see

Cry all you want but those are games westerners love but the nips either don't care or laugh at those games. At the very most the jerk it to the DA1 girl who was super emo and was totally not a rip of of Lulu from FFX.

Normalfags aren't people. Golems have no souls.

They have no soul but they do control your hobby. Sorry you had to find out this way.

might also want to throw monoliths mech game in the mix. I hear everyone that remembers it, likes it. It's very much inspired by anime.
Shogo: Mobile Armor Division
Can be found on GoG

With recent I mean not older than 3 years. When it comes to older shit, wait until this evening. I am in the middle of weird thing called work.

What would he needed to have included for you two to realise that he was joking?

It didn't seem like he was joking.
Not enough hyperbole and smiley faces.

Those are games journalists love

but i was not
inb5 dingdong bannu

I dunno, divinity os 2?
Most western games now are shit and would just bring you dishonor.

just make him play some old games he couldnt run in his phone

Shenzhen I/O

I don't know if Japs are into this game, but it seems like they would be if they knew it existed…

good bait

Shogun 2
He will laugh at the terrible Japanese and cause great dishonor to the west.

I hope I'm misunderstanding you

The bait is the fact that despite being a Nazi, Mario is wearing a gold star for some retarded reason. And yes, I know that 100,000 kikes fought for Hitler and one was even his bodyguard.

This is a progressive and tolerant board user, nazis are not welcome.
I'm on my phone and the thumbnail looks like a ponyfag pic, maybe he saw the same thing.

That cat loves his blins.

Wow look at this autist, should have i elaborated my post more so it won't bother you?
Listen, i'm not denying that the Nips have shit taste when it comes to shooters, what i'm trying to say is that the nips who like CoD isn't as obnoxious as they are in the west

what are you? stupid?
Plus the image itself looks fucking cringey as shit doesn't help

They were of mixed breed though

How about you leave this thread and come back after you're done sucking Nip cock.

Are you braindead?

He probably doesn't even play the games he shits on because they're not approved by his Nip overlords.

cuckhurt
weebdork.

good ones

A lot of japs seem totally ignorant of Western games in general. Remember when Arino didn't know what Doom was?

I'm gonna need a source on that, but I could believe it. The reason they probably don't play many shooters is because their slanted eyes make it hard for them to aim.

RTS
Stealth (real stealth not that action-cinematic mgs dogshit)
FPS, especially arena shooters
Actual RPGs with story choices

So is that a "yes" to STALKER?

Metro 2033?

But actual gooks play rts a lot. Gooks are Starcraft champions, for fuck's sake.