Released 6 months ago

what went wrong
I love this game

That is what you get for not living in glorious Rooland, the AU/NZ servers are consistently full and if RO2 is anything to go by they will be for years to come.

it's buggy as fuck, has like eight maps, and players only ever vote for two of them (hue city and hill, over and over, for fucking ever). instead of working on the campaign mode and adding bots they're working on the ANZAC shit which admittedly is cool since everyone's raifu will be in it, but their priorities are totally fucked since the largest problems, in order of importance, are
-pitiful lack of maps
-bugs (they've been doing well at removing them but there's still bizarre shit like mantling then teleporting back to the obstacle or falling through the planet)
-lack of bots, which means if you're not jumping into a server that has at least twenty people - which is 95% of servers now that everyone's bored - you're not able to even dick around let alone "play"
-STILL no fucking fully customizable controls for flight, which means no matter what you're going to be at least awkward if not useless in the sky

in fairness the mapping community is making some pretty good shit (firebase georgina is fun as hell) but it's not happening fast enough and the company is only now starting the mapping contests that made RO2 playable. they need campaign mode and bots almost as bad as new maps though

The main things they need to fix is:
Separating the jump and mantle keys so you don't get stuck in a long mantle animation when you expected to jump.
Custom inputs, I want to fly but refuse to use anything but my HOTAS and pedals.

As for maps there are plenty of great user made maps, you just need to find a server that actually uses them.

Shitty SJW devs is what went wrong, fuck off with shilling your shitty game

did you try the Australian update on the CTB?

Nope.

It needed another two beta waves at a minimum, they released way too fucking early. Even so, it had a better launch than RO2's, and RO2 didn't pick up a playerbase until 9 months after release. Judging by steamcharts it looks like RS2 is headed down that way too.

That said, I still enjoy RS2. It's definitely flawed but I've spent close to 200 hours so far. I wish RS1 wasn't fucking dead, I thought it was a better game compared to RO2.

The game is great fun, but map variety is definitely the biggest weakness. Hue is a great map, but after 50 rounds playing it every other round it really gets old. They really should just be focusing on pumping out new maps until we have 11-12, and maybe improve old maps to make it so people actually vote for something other than Hill and Hue.

I actually think the old multiplayer campaign system is a lot better if only because it forces at least some map variety

Also, I really miss the old cover system. It was one of my favorite parts of the game

I dunno man. I take solace in the fact that the game has a more active playerbase than Lawbreakers, so at least I can hop on and play with someone. But what and said I basically agree with. I can only play on Hue City so many fucking times before I have to take a break from the game, and I can't stand Hill. I still have a lot of fun and I enjoy the game, so I'm looking forward to the ANZAC shit, but I hope that the game gets fixed and get more QOL shit.

There's also a lack of guns and teams as well. I think Tripwire should've tried to add more classes and factions. MACV/SOG and South Vietnamese come to mind immediately. The game is so small and repetitive, so I stopped playing after a short time. I've been looking at updates, but nothing really gets me excited to play it again at the moment.

That steamchart is brutal. Not surprising though since the developer is full of lazy cunts who rely on the community for map releases. Darkest Hour will always be the best RO game.

Suck too though because the DH community is almost dead. Too many braindead faggots moved to RO2 which compared to DH plays like a fucking CoD game in comparison.

It looks boring as hell. RO2 was shit, and Rising Storm even more so. This just looked like more of the same shitty trend.

They couldn't even nail the vietnam theme down. The whole game is a shitty reskin of RS1. It was so lazily done the game still has all the problems when it was released.

The only redeeming part of the game for me at least, is running around with a double barrel shotgun and RPG'ing Hueys. Other than that, the game is absolute shite.

I've played RO2 with japs. Pretty good experience

Agree.Still the fact is in the hands of the modder and mapper to make the game playable is witness of the completely ineptitude of Tripjew.
I still don't understand how they made a game like RO

Some people enjoy playing the same three maps over and over, but it ain't me

custom maps, bro

darkest hour is my shit. I need to play it more. just wish I had friends interested in this.

I loved playing the realpanzer server until for some reason it suddenly died off. The tank combat in Darkest Hour with the realpanzer mod was the most satisfying tank combat I've ever played. Games like Warthunder don't even hold a candle to it. Such a shame the DH community is so much smaller. The mod is better than R02, RS1, RS2 by a country mile.

RO2/RS1/RS2 play like battlefield/CoD compared to DH and RO1. RS2 is still 1/10th of the game that DH is. Lots of players that are used to twitch shooters (CoD battlefield) can't stand and don't have the patience for DH because of the gun sway, recoil, slower pace etc. If only these faggots just played the game for 30 minutes they would realize how superior the game is.

RS2 I still think has less than 2-4 tanks. Meanwhile DH has like 20-30. It's crazy. They even have the fucking hellcat that you can use to flank king tigers/ heavy german tanks. God damn I love DH and I wish more people would play it.

Art source please.

They made a (zhitty) map for halloween and 2 guns but not the Halloween Zeds, lazy cunts.

Flooded market. Online games spread too thin.

Tripwire.

I've wanted a vietnam game for a while, fighting through dense foliage, setting traps and ambushing gooks, attacking outposts and stealing intelligence from right under their noses. It all seems really cool but when I watched the gameplay footage it just looked like generic a multiplayer shooter set on a tropical beach.

RO2 never had a playerbase. They scared off original RO players by never delivering vehicles and tanks they were promising for a year and then when the game died, they brought cancer with free to play. Sometime before that they stole community maps under guise of a contest and the only thing they changed was the cancerous prefix in the map title. RO2 was garbage and is garbage with crappy devs banning anyone voicing any dissent on forums. "Oh but there weren't that many MKBs actually made, I think." Permabanned for trolling. Fuck kikewire.

It didn't die "for some reason". 29th got access to game code and that's when they coded the current shitty layout you have with "action game" elements that make maps short, add very restrictive boundaries and got rid of large maps, including tank maps. Realpanzer didn't disappear, it got killed by 29th fucking with the code.

I don't know, maybe telling their entire community to go fuck themselves isn't good business sense?

The vidya bubble is growing so big it's starting to show.

Last time i played RO2 every server had bots and only autist killing them or was that retarded cawdude mode

Casuals took this game over

thank God Day of Infamy exists

Considering the shitshow of KF2
And that not including the shit with RO2.

dutchko

I won't argue against the fact that RO2 is nothing like DH, but it's still a decent game that keeps a consistently small yet strong playerbase. I mostly played RS1 because I hated facing a combination of staxis, German MGs, and the MKB.
Ro2 isn't a sequel to DH, DH is its own thing that I wish there was more of.

The only time I've seen action gamemode played was the few months after launch. S&D and the limited wave based spawning gamemode died a literal week after launch. It was such a waste of dev time and whoever thought to include those gamemodes deserves to be shot.
Similarly, skirmish in RS2 is stupid and I don't know why they thought to waste time making three different maps for it.

Day of Infamy is legitimately garbage, I cannot understand how they can take Insurgency and completely fuck it up. The assets are nice though

Millennial tears are delicious.

Cunt we kicked your asses pretty good.

Can we get more anime vietnam girls?

I'd rather have rhodies.

Im good with that too. Also, Rhodesian video game when?

I-I don't get it

It's dead Jim.

RO2 was one of the most dissapointing games ever along with Crysis 2, Battlefied 3, Saints Row The Third, F.E.A.R 3, Rage, Duke Nukem Forever, Skyrim, Portal 2 and Deus Ex.
It still barely has any content, the vehicle combat is still ass and barely used and the community went to shit fast.

Rising Storm and this sequel are the same fucking mess and Tripjew that shills its long term support has barely done anything to add content or update the games.
Killing Floor 2 is shit and the community maps that barely anyone plays are the best since the official maps are all shit and full of dead ends besides being small as shit and horizontal as all hell.

I won't even consider picking up another Tripjew game unless they make a UE4 RO with the complexity, content and game design of the first one.
Fuck em

why

Who's this strapping young lad?

I should have had listened to Holla Forums, maybe then i would be richer by 30$

If and when modders decided to work on that hunk of crap known as RS2. They pretty much have the foundation for slotting floppies in Rhodie style.

It's a pretty janky game, user, and it's dragging the Source engine into another year of hard work with very little behind it to justify a standalone game.
Insurgency did so much to distinguish the two different teams regardless of the lighting with silhouettes - Day of Infamy has this shitty filter that makes everyone look the same despite having completely different uniforms.
The gunplay is exactly the same with no improvements whatsoever, you have thirty different keybinds for weapon functions, you still can't vault over obstacles, the flamethrowers are hilariously worthless unless you can avoid getting shot for the 2 seconds of fire immunity your targets seem to have, and on top of that you have their shitty anticheat that sends tons of unrelated information to the developerthat you can't disable even if you just want to play co-op, something you could do with Insurgency.

when will they stop making fun of us

Art assets are a dime a dozen, user. Don't kid yourself.

why would they sell us mods as standalone games

how did we end up here

Private Pyle.

29th please leave

Fuckoff with your drama, DH is alright.

I imagined him as that bullied fat retard in the full metal jacket

Well, we started with Horse Armor, and COD selling mods as full 60$ games, and now we're here.

WHAT IS THAT?
WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?
a cake, sir
PRIVATE MARKSTEIN WHY DO YOU HAVE AN ENTIRE CAKE UNDER YOUR BED?
in case I get hungry, sir
or in case I can't find the other six cakes hidden around the room

Someone let retards on the internet and closed the crazy house down.

well considering they released it half finished and blatantly ignored every tip people gave them, then dragged their feet getting shit done only just now making a content update. Yeah, it's no surprise the game is dead. I had high hopes it'd be worthwhile until I realized they spent more time adding retarded cosmetics to the game instead of adding weapons.They promised joystick support for choppers, nothing, promised new maps, zilch, and promised proper optimization, song be is still a broken pile of shit.

They took all the goodwill they garnered and squandered it for a quick buck. And they legit think they will make a bunch of money selling retarded tattoos and shit. Maybe tripjew set the game up to fail so they could take the RO series behind the barn and focus all their effort into a new cashcow game or a MOBA.

Every server I try to get in is either completely empty or completely full.

I couldn't even connect during the open beta or whatever because of their fucky anticheat shit, so I said fuck it entirely then just played RS1 again until I got sick of everyone there and sick of remembering how much better RO1 was overall.

I sunk thousands of hours in RO: Ostfront and later got burned with HOS. By then I already knew TWI's increasing jewry but still got Rising Storm hoping for the best.
Not anymore. Fuck them

Divine justice