Kingdom Hearts

What's the best way to play Kingdom Hearts 2? Original consoles? Emulated? PS3 port? PS4 port?

Other urls found in this thread:

crazycatz00.x10host.com/KH/kh2_patches.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Forgot to put in "Kingdom Hearts thread" in the subject line, whoops

The best way is to play Kingdom Hearts 1 and Chain of Memories first so you will feel better when you finally finish Kingdom Hearts 2.

Well yeah, but what system?

Not the PS4 port since it is the most expensive of them, if you have a PS3 you can get that one but if you have the original console just get the final mix version on that or emulate.

PS4, hands down. Zero load times, 60fps with patches that fix *most* things (KH2FM Luxord fight is a bit broken, but unless you're trying to speedrun it shouldn't affect you). PS3 Version has abysmal load times that actually can get you killed when activating drive forms, and is generally buggy. Emulate 2FM if you're not willing to invest the money.

If emulating 2FM, there is a translation patch you can apply, as well as one for remastered music.

Don't listen to that asshole, KH1 and Chain of Memories aged way badly and the gameplay feels like running in molasses.
Make sure to play the final mix version of kh2 as the added difficulty setting is really the only way to get a challenge out of the game, and also adds plenty bosses.
Keep in mind the PS2 emulator works AMAZING for this game because of the coding similarities between it and FF12 i believe (the game they built the emulator on).

Also, fuck this guy.

40 bucks is hardly expensive for what, 3 games? Especially since they did such a good job porting them to the PS4. It'd be my recommendation, even though KH is shit

I played it on ps3, its the least expensive version, plays great, but the drive forms can take forever to load, so they can really screw you over during boss fights.

You want the final mix edition, that's for sure. I would recommend the ps4 version for 60fps if you already have one. I second , but would add watching 358/2's cutscenes after CoM. Most would argue that it spoils 2, but after doing it this way I found 2 hit a lot harder understanding the backstory. It's like if the Sixth Sense was nonsensical until you saw a side prequel that explained half the story, so the twist actually works. I feel like CoM, 358/2 Days, and 2 is almost its own trilogy due to how dependent each following game is to the previous one.

You can play 1FM if you want just to see how it evolved into the good gameplay 2FM provides, but if you don't want to, at least watch the cutscenes, it's the only one in the series that has at least a pretty good story.

It's 4 games and 2 shitty movies.

358/2 had good gameplay too, shame they couldn't be arsed to port it.
What a shitty fucking company, selling the same three games over and over and they couldn't even upgrade the one game that needed it.

Well fuck you too, guy.

The ps4 version is 4 games with cinematic versions of 358/2 and Re;Coded.

I'm not your guy, friend. :^)

Yeah fuck what I said, get the ps4 version, you will get the best amount of content when it comes to the price, 4 games 2 movies plus a pleasant 60 fps! Idk when or if the game will be on sale though. Are you going to get 2.8 too OP? DDD is pretty damn good too.

NO.
FUCK YOU.

Be sure to only play on Critical Mode as well for an actually fun experience. Beginner is piss easy and Standard/Proud involve unnecessary grinding. Critical makes you a glass cannon with extra starting abilities.

KH1 didn't age poorly, the Chain of Memories PS2 version did. play the GBA Chain of Memories, it's more enjoyable.

I believe the only bonus starting ability is Zero EXP for autists trying to play the game at level 1.

oh and Birth by Sleep is kind of lame, it has a massive grindwall early on in the game

I must agree with , unless you care about the absolute ass writing and what happens in KH3, I would drop the series after 2FM, you don't have to suffer as I have.

Most of those are only a problem if you're playing on critical mode, which i beat due to grinding autism

NIGGER THAT WAS ONE OF THE MOST FUN PARTS OF THE GAME
What the fuck is wrong with you?!?!

OP dont listen to this guy either, he has a chronic case of shit taste.

I liked the idea of flowmotion, but it broke levels, and needed more limitations placed on it.

Am I missing any? Those others are very helpful.

And I guess good taste is wanting a game where time travel breaks any sense of logic in storytelling and where pressing triangle wins the game. DDD is fucking garbage, and certainly not worth $60.

No this was very intentional Birth By Sleep was immensely popular at the time of release and most fags thought it was the best thing ever until they realized FMs blow it out of the water and the major complaint was you felt like you playing the game 3 times in a row with little to no difference. DDD tried to evade this meme by forcibly switching you and even forcing you to make sure both characters complete certain segments at time to avoid this complaint. It felt janky as fuck but it certainly was intentional.

I never got 2.8, wasn't there supposed to be something like Ground Zeroes attached to it for KH3 as well? Also I wouldn't be surprised if SE released a super edition for the PS4 that combines 1.5+2.5 and 2.8 and sold that for $60.

2.8 has DDD, A glorified two-hour KH3 demo (it fills in details about what happened to aqua during her time in the realm of darkness and explains why Mickey Mouse is shirtless in KH1, not kidding) that shows glaring stepbacks from 2FM's design, and a "movie" (if you can call it that) about the stupid mobile game that isn't even finished yet. DDD would be the only reason for it being $60, but the game falls so flat and shallow that even then it's not worth the price.

Hooktube it if you want.

The story part (i.e the only important) is already completed. You get to witness the keyblade war then you wake up in bed with "it was all a dream segment" put for all intents and purpose the plot relevant details of X are all finished.

Then what was the Lauriam (Marluxia) update?

Completely unimportant side details about a character nobody gives a shit about and certainly won't be appearing again. (This is also known as fanservice)
Or did you think that Ventus being a Union leader was some sort of super important plot detail and not just pandering too?

You don't H A V E to grind, but your damage out put in 2FM on Standard/Proud is gimpy in comparison. Critical gives half HP and makes enemies trucks, but also significantly boosts strength. High risk, high reward.

I wish the gameplay autist could make up his mind sometimes.

Well, if you wanna hear my autistic theory, If future Xehanort had to time travel to Young Xehanort in order to set up making 13 clones of him, and if the goal is to prevent the keyblade war from happening, and if Ventus, who shared his heart with Sora to avoid certain death, is technically considered a version of Sora with the use of vague analogies littered throughout the series, then Ventus has to exist for Sora to time travel back to Daybreak town to prevent the Master of Masters from using Luxu to spawn the keyblade war. If that makes sense.

It was an exaggeration. If you want Critical's damage output at any given point in the story during Standard/Proud (proud especially), then you will have to be a higher level in order to meet the equivalency, it's just how the stats are scaled.

What the fuck are you on? Luxu's job specifically is just to wander around and record stuff with the eye, he didn't start anything. It's the other Union Leaders that got into a Lux race in order to spawn Kingdom Hearts for supremacy and all died because of it. Luxu did nothing wrong.

That doesn't make it necessary and plenty of people can have fun with Kingdom Hearts without needing Critical levels of output. Especially on Standard, and plenty of people get by on Proud. Unless they're bad at video games :^)

That does not mean you have to be overleveled to beat either of those modes, nor does it imply any difficulty cannot be beaten at level one.

I'll correct it
I worded/thought that out poorly, you are right, Luxu was just an observer.

KH3 when?

Just before or after Valve starts being a game company again.

KH3 does not exist.

ps4 for 60fps
but the game is total shit so dont worry

I'm betting late 2019. It'll have dlc and multiplayer.

Where's the link to that remastered music patch fag? I've been looking for one for ages.

Nah, man, it'll come out eventually. Right?

Sadly, I think DLC is highly likely, but
I don't even want to think about how that'd work in a KH game.

Fuck me, I lied. I meant dual audio.
crazycatz00.x10host.com/KH/kh2_patches.html

KH3 is why Newell hasn't begun developing HL3 yet.

358/2 days did it quite well, honestly. A lot of people forget that it's the only game with multiplayer.
Also, I could see it done with DDD, where Players just choose Riku or Sora to play as, and work to complete the game together.

It looks like there were a few HD patches in the works that were going to include the remastered music, but they're all from before the ps4 ports were announced, so they may have been abandoned.

You're right, I completely forgot about 358's multiplayer. I never got to play it, how'd it work?

I'd expected a more competent version of how they're making it work in FFXV, since copying the same formula in all big games is all the rage. As for specifics,
Standard stuff that's made special because you can do it with friends in KH. Then you have the problem of where they're going to try and milk the fanbase. I'm thinking they'll take the approach of ME3 and offering the ability to play as characters you normally cannot. Putting a paywall behind the ability to play as FF cameos, your various sidekicks, org.XIII is how I would milk this for all its worth. They might not go full lootbox, but imagine something like dlc characters/stages for fighting games.

Basically the same as Missions in 358/2, except you've got every member of Organization 13 to play as, and if you have a girl playing with you, they'll always choose Axel.

There's multiplayer in FFXV? Huh.

Sounds about right.

I need to proofread my autismfests better.

It's not out until the 15th. Watch what they do with it, since it'll be a beta test for all their games going forward, good or bad.

It was hilariously broken.
There was a racing minigame that had you fly through loops and reach the end before the others, but a secondary win condition was to kill all other players, assumed they would pick up the fight and not rush for the goal anyway.
Well, you could get a skill to damage enemies by rolling, and since you spawned all clustered up, you could stunlock them all forever by rolling, and slowly chip away at their HP.
I almost ended some friendships over this :^)

If you just have only a ps3 and a decent PC I'd say its worth playing KH2 on PC for the patch that lets you play at higher frame rates even as high as 120. If you have a PS4 you probably just want to consider getting it on that console if you care about a framerate past 60 fps.

Wait what? I knew Critical mode would make you a two hit war machine and it gave you more abilities off the hop but I thought grinding would be more required the further up the difficulties you get.

It wasnt too bad honestly. Imagine if D-link's from birth by sleep made a return in KH3 as the excuse for a soul style player summoning system exclusive for people on your friends list. No splitscreen but coop shenanigans none the less, though if they let you into bosses they'd need to scale the difficulty for two players who presumably could 7 hit combo with optimized equipment and command decks which would not be easy.

That's the thing with critical, you get half HP and enemies do more damage, but you get the strength to back it. Fights go fast at the risk of getting 2-shot. You only get 75% exp from enemies, but the way the game is scaled on critical, it's actually more of an encouragement to learn the battle system rather than ruin the pace to grind.

Ooh, I'm sorry dont understand that design choice. I'd be down for the enemies doing more damage but you have the abilities to subvert them, especially for Birth By Sleep where its fairly fun to break combat. It seems like a weird choice to have a difficulty where the player is perpetually under leveled unless he decides to grind to hell.

Check out that video "Beyond the X Button" up above. You can grind more with any difficulty, but if you understand the battle system, you won't need to.

Emulated Nip PS2 Final Mix with English patch. Best fun. Minimal censorship.

Take my autism.

WHEN JEWS WALK AWAY

YOU DON'T HEAR THEM SAY

What happened to BBS?

There's too many keyblade weilder's in 3 for you not to be able to play other characters. I'll be really disappointed if that's the case and your locked to Sora's non-keyblade gimmick weapons and fucking near in game ad-tier disney ride attacks.

PLEEEEAASE
DON'T GAS ME
OY VEY

SHOAH'D AND racially CLEANSED

Sanctuary is a better song.

IS THE WAY THAT BEN GARRISON KILLS TONIGHT

dont let those Toy Story trailers fool you, they did the same with FFXV and Agito, its called a "Bull shot". look the meaning up. Abandon all hope.

Kingdom Hearts was never good.

Sonic was never good.

Silent Hill 2 was never good.

IT'S HARD TO WAIT FOR ROPE DAY

It's narrowed to 2 options:
It looks fantastic, with enhanced controls and UI. There are very little problems, like Kairi panties being censored. The game runs at 60fps too.
Problem being the UI taking 50% of the damn screen since you're up-scaling the screen size, not to mention that stretches some of the 2D sprites. But hey, Kairi panties are there.

You mean PS4, you fucking retard.

YOU'RE IMMIGRATING TOO MANY NIGS

This is the latest one I got. KHIII is going to lead to more crazy.