Discuss

Discuss.

Why should they be transparent and fuzzy?

I don't get it.

t. Tyrone

In the image on the left, it looks like the monster is behind bars, in the other one it looks like it's in front of bars.

Maybe OP means we shouldn't imprison monsters?

?

I don't understand.

You're not focusing on the bars.
If you look outside of a screen window, you don't see the screen. It's just a fuzz.

Someone please tell me what the fuck is going on.

How fucking high are you user

What are you doing, user.

You have a very… "interesting" concept on cells… my young black friend.

OH I GET IT
Like when you focus on monster, your eyes automatically "adjust" to see monster like in right pic while games show everything like left side because you can't fucking emulate eye adjustment properly in videogame because there's no ability for such advanced eye movement tracking

A screen is wire thin, retard.

>>>/cuckchan/

>>>/oven/

OP is making a poignant statement on the nature of the homo sapiens nigerius subspecies and their rate of survivability in captivity. They have been observed to attempt to engage in same-sex reproductive acts, which the OP has taken special interest in observing and eventually experimenting with presenting his mate as a potential breeding partner for one of these homo sapien nigerii.

>>>/cuckchan/

Czech

Das rite fuck prisons and laws and shiiiiet

Fuck, you probably like chromatic aberration and vignette too, don't you user?

What OP talks about is seen a lot in photography, drawing, art, etc…

Your eyes adjust to the monster, not the bars, so the bars look like that. In anime for example it happens all the time that a fence around the main character face simply disappears, but it doesn't look weird while watching it because our brain has the capacity to look at things like faces and then disgregard everything else.

In videogames is everything a bit weird because it is a 3D space that is not really like reality and your brain can't do their tricky shits because it is not 3D so developers maybe should do this stuff by themselves, but developing something like this is hell if you don't want to make it cringy or terrible.

Iron prison bars don't have that effect you retard. They have large gaps between them, small meshes and frontyard fences don't. Fucking idiot.

I meant that is a 3D space but the screen is 2D so your brain can't do the tricky shits.

I'm sleepy

I understand what you're going for but unless you have a really good coder any attempt to do this in a video game is going to have the enemy blurred 99% of the time while the player tries to find the magic angle that has their crosshair not touching the iron curtain, back wall, stray table, or the infinite number of other small props that will slosh their camera.

You really should be focusing on them since the bars are the only things between you and a nigger.

the effect is jarring when you do notice it, and pretty hard to unsee once you do. Considering the repetitive nature of vidya, it is likely the player will spend more time on the uncanniness of the bars than its intended effect.
Besides, your brain naturally blurs out things like fences, computer graphics don’t need to as long as it isn’t too distracting.

OP example is retarded but not getting the fucking point of it is even more retarded. Of course it doesn't look like that but you get the fucking point of focusing on what's behind. You have two eyes so by their distance if you are close enough your brain can actually amplify what's behind the bards and disgregard the bars themselves.

An experiment you can do right here and now anons. put one finger between your eyes and at like 50cm or so from your face (20 inches for murrikans). Then look directly into the finger for a while, focusing on it.
Then after that try to look at the screen, at this message, that should be behind that finger. You will find out that you can read the text behind it perfectly even though the finger is in the middle because your brain just takes out what's behind.

If you refuse to integrate then fuck off, we don't want you here.

It's not a bad idea, but is basically what I was thinking. It could work well in VR if the technology existed to track where you're eyes are looking so that the focusing properties of vision could be emulated in some way, it would be quite immersive. Unfortunately, that's just not possible, and even in a first-person game, the latter of the previously mentioned posts said it best: there's too much shit that could be in the way of what you want to look at.

I've been past prison bars and they don't work like a fence or a mesh. They're still visible, they don't blur and fade from sight. At most they become choppy. Fuck up, fucker.

I can perfectly understand why you went to jail user, no need to keep confirming it.

Since the fence or textures on a jail cell are a single 2D graphic, it’s really just an alpha mask imprinting on the cone of a camera. You wouldn’t even need to use CPU memory.

School trip. Saw your dad though, he was wrestling with a chap named 'Bubba'. Don't know why they were naked. Looked like he was losing pretty badly.

what the fuck is this thread

what about horizontal bars?

Some low effort cuckchan shit. Just check my dubs if I get some.

Then Hhw the fuck are you supposed to know the enemy is in front of or behind the bars in how they should be you fucking retard?

>>>Holla Forums

Ok, sure you can do it in doom, but you can shoot demonic fruit in a forest in the basement of an office tower with a modded BFG that fires homing plasma balls of death during a time stop while you have an ammo regenerating aura. You can do anything in doom, even slopes. Show me a non-VR, recently released vidya that does it, and I'll be impressed.

ftfy
IMP DINDU NUFFIN

Unimpressive.

>>>Holla Forums

You are in no position to send anyone to Porky female benis with your cancerous one liners!

Don't you have denb /jp/ to revive? :^)

Neither are you a position to send anyone to the 2hu autist community. This topic could have been pulled off so much better than with a oneliner foolz post that is obviously against the rules. Well, obvious to people who have lurked enough on cuckchan before the exodus to know how such low efforts OP look like.

okay

(checked)
HE WUZ A GUD BOI

you tried

If you tear your enemies they win.

LOL

But the thing with that argument is that anime isn't 3D either so you can't use it as an exempt case.

Just admit that you wanted to use that pic and talk about chink TV

Very nice. now Learn to sage.

What if I wanted to upvote the thread?

Congratulations OP, you've fallen for one of the classic blunders. One of the most well known is not lurking more, but one of the less well know is never post an image for your OP more interesting than the text.

/jp/ can't get alive soon enough. You should return to it and invite more people before you become totally cruddy.

In the absence of any other context, the image on the left looks exactly the same whether it's from the perspective look in at the monster, or looking out at the monster.

The image on the right just looks like the rendering engine borked.

Imagine being so butthurt you fail to quote correctly.