Free to Play games

What are the best f2p games currently?

I'm surprised that SC2 is now f2p… what is Blizzard thinking?!?

Only up to point goy.

also:

Getting the sheckels of the whales of the ASIAN COMMUNITY through microtransactions.

All games are free user.

^

blizzard's desperate attempt to inject players into the sc2 multiplayer

kys marketer

Why do we not already have monthly matches with Holla Forums or /k/ in World of Tanks? I feel like we should be engaging someone in honorable tank warfare on a regular basis.

More like into downloading their botnet client. That alone is enough.

Blizzard fucking killed it.
God fucking damn I'm depressed. Why is Blizzard simultaneously evil and incompetent?
It was a slow poisoning over the last 4 years for SC2 into the final spike being driven through the heart.

Fire Emblem Heroes

There's a lot to be upset about with SC2, and I mean a lot, but why is this specifically the final nail in the coffin? The first campaign, a limited version of the co-op mode, and all multiplayer is going to be free, but you can't access ranked until you complete ten normal matches. An influx of F2Ps should just be easy fodder for the low ranks, and probably never seen in the higher ranks.

Its Blizzard's equivalent of "open borders, refugees welcome" being enacted. People who can't speak English will arrive to the community in droves, people who don't care about the history of the game, not to mention Blizzard having the "justification" to throw even more micro transactions in (the fact that they would ever do that to SC2 disgusts me, but this will lead to true despair in terms of that), the quality and general skill of the community will both decline, and on top of all this, most of them won't even stay long; they'll just be there to fuck everything up for a bit, and leave once the place has been so fucked that its formerly recognizable "baseline" of quality is all but nonexistent.

Project reality
Paladins
Dirty Bomb

Anyone that actually liked Starcraft wouldn't have actually bothered buying 2.

But they still play Brood Wars

Not true. Every StarCraft fan was incredibly hyped and full of tons of hope for 2. It really showed in the incredible custom maps being made at the time. The esports scene was also having an organic boost from it all as well. Wings of Liberty wasn't a bad game. But Blizzard mismanaged it and ran it into the ground with every shit decision they made, culminating with Heart of the Swarm and Legacy of the Void. Every single thing about those two games are absolutely horrible, and they still used the Wings of Liberty engine as well, adding nothing of any real value there.
Anyways yeah, I remember when StarCraft 2 was new. For the first 2 years, I was having consistent fun with it. I don't regret playing Wings of Liberty even with its numerous flaws. I do regret what happened to it and I definitely regret HotS and LotV though.

Yeah, and when 2 came out and they learned bliz will split the game into 3 parts, not all the fans liked that.

Yes. You're correct.
After people learned what they did, that's when a lot of fans started to move away from SC2, but it was still good during WoL's lifespan, despite sketchy practices, which unfortunately went from that to full-on jewery.

Sounds like atypical Blizz cuckolding until people fucked off to moba shit.

Mabinogi

At least try to fit in, shill.

no more room in hell

he couldnt even get a regular community

I guess you can call it that.
Game was good though at the end of the day. It didn't live up to the original mind you, but it still had high quality content and a good community somehow. Though it evaporated almost immediately after HotS. Blizzard made the wrong choices at the worst time possible and lost everything in the process

I honestly highly reccomend people to try mabinogi. One of the very few MMO's out there that don't feel like a WoW clone and still has a half-decent population.

Why wouldnt blizzard make it F2P? Its been out long enough for them to milk it off of anyone else to buy it. Anyone else that hasnt bought it will not buy it.

nope

Blizzard hasn't been the same since 14 or 15. I jumped ship from that company when WoD ruined MoP kits, and they literally said only attention whore streamers that are hot with big tits will get access to Diablow 3's new power creep 3 years ago. Holy shit, it's been getting worse.

It never even had a community because the last two expansions were shit.

I had a friend who was one of the best west coast brood war players. He stopped playing RTS because of how shit easy SC2 was in beta.

fucking nintenjew

Can someone explain the flaws of SC2 and how Blizzard ruined it with the expansions? I keep hearing this not just on imageboards but by those "pro-gamers" who ditched it after awhile. I've never played Starcraft 2 myself but I've played the first one and warcraft 3 so I'm kind of familiar with the game mechanics. How did they ruin it? Did they fuck up the balance or something?

Pirate and emulate old games or go back to >>>/cuckchan/

I'm not sure about casual play, but from what I understand the SC2 pro scene was thriving for awhile with a South Korean Meca of all of the old BW players that didn't drop the game after the initial release. People were getting better daily and each tournament was becoming more high stakes than the last. Eventually some of the pros realized they could make more money by moving to America and destroying everyone here rather than playing against people better than them. After that the skill cap peaked off and people started getting worse and with player skill went the viewership. Blizzard is also known for not allowing anyone but a select few to host tournaments which Korean coaches from all of their games say hurts interest for players and viewers.

So is the gameplay still fine? Is this f2p thing playable or is it like W3: Reign of Chaos compared to Frozen Throne, that is, basically unplayable unless you love towers.

The game was doom from the start but they did a really good job in killing it first they hired a inexperienced dev in terms of multiplayer experience as lead designer called Dustin Browder, the guy only experience on RTS was CnC red alert, in order to make every "race" unique they made mechanics that made balancing all matchups across the board a nightmare, "Warpgate,Mules,Larva,making units automatically stack with each other creating what would be knowed as "death ball" among other. to add salt to the injury and how the lack of foresight The multiplayer engine that wasnt designed by people that understood how maphacks worked was very vulnerable. But even with all this bullshit what really killed the game was how long it taked the balance team to address blatant balance issues or accept feedback from korean pros. At the end of the first game WoL Broodloord infestor was the absolute most broken piece of shit ever and they didnt fix it until the expansion was out even thought zergs were winning most of pro tournaments and had a stupid winrate on both promatches and ladder.

Thanks. How's this f2p game? Did they balance it later or did they abandon it once they started releasing expansions?

good one too, but you will be carryin ga bunch of retards on your back most of the time and once you play through all the maps its over

Well in the SC2 arcade, Island Defense is pretty good. Starcraft 2 is pretty shit though TBH. I bought all the campaigns but only legacy of the goyed was a waste of money, with WOL being the best. Pretty sure the only one I paid full price for was WOL way back when it came out, can't remember. inb4 buyfag reee This:

Reminder for knowledge that all these games will be shut down without any warning, when all whales are gone and with playing these games you are just wasting your time.

How's dirty bomb nowadays

Don't you mean all games?

Long-time Mabi player here, don't fucking play this game. Nexon is the worst when it comes to Pay2Win and Mabi has gotten extremely over saturated and dumbed down over the years.

No.
Ps.Your choice of subs is garbage.

I'll give you a rundown. Let's start with the most basic one.
In both of these, the campaigns were so laughably horrible, so outright absurd in terms of story, dialogue and character changes that its just a joke. That's just concerning the "story" element of the mode. In terms of the gameplay, all the mission objectives and maps feel samey and are very unmemorable, save for maybe a tiny few missions in very unusual locales. I can't stress how much the story was absolutely ruined. WoL's story was dumbed down from StarCraft 1 immensely, made from a space epic to something like "Independence Day" but still fun as all hell. HotS and LotV's campaigns were just bad, period in every way
They added in new units that literally made the game unfun to play
These are literally game lengtheners that made the game cancer to play. I can't describe how much these actually ruined games for a lot of people and still do to this day, though to a lesser extent than they used to. They also nerfed everything fun in the game too.
They mismanaged everything in this department.

is right on the money with them destroying the NA/EU scene by allowing Korean imports with no personality to destroy everyone here
People like TLO and Huk and a bunch of other people who built up names didn't fucking matter
They also never bothered to support anything. StarCraft 1 is South Korea's Melee. StarCraft 2 is like… I can't even think of an analogy.
SC2's custom games were mismanaged with the confusing AF arcade system, and Blizzard I think also tried to do some "paid custom games" bullshit like Steam did with mods, I think. Its been a while. Oh, and they made the UI a lot more confusing and exactly the same as ASSFAGGOTS.
They completely lacked it. All of the expansion was on WoL's engine with very few changes. I can't think of a single worthwhile addition they made to this game in all of the expansions. When your game lacks the same amount of depth as your previous one, people will only put up with your shit before so long before they take off
They put a stupid amount of content behind microtransactions in a FULLY PRICED GAME
And not just 1, it was up to 3 FUCKING GAMES YOU HAD TO OWN
It disgusts me even to this day.

There's other shit I can't think of right now as I'm busy but fuck they really screwed up this game

I wish they'd remake this game and create a new engine for it, it's a solid game but the fucking engine fucks literally everything up nexon too

Only the first campaign is free to play. And if you already own that campaign then they give you the second one free. But the final campaign is still buy-only.

The only thing I remember from WoL is how fucking rage inducing the story became and didn't even check what happens in later campaigns.

Shit with free2plebs I might actually have a chance in hell at actually winning a match in this game.

When does this start?

It wasn't just that. Blizzard couldn't keep their grubby little mits off of it, and the community couldn't grow around the game with the constant changes.

Don't they hate us? Is that why you want to versus them?

*Almost all singleplayer games are free and some multiplayer games. Fixed that for you

FREE

I mean you're definitely free to pay (f2p)