What do you think of Fire Emblem?

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=NnNemokPEIQ
thecrusadergrant.blogspot.com/2017/09/conquest-map-design-review-part-5.html
archive.is/fwEaZ
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1188566266
boards.libre.io/threads/fire-emblem-heroes-after-1-8-update.294820/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Go back to fucking reddit if this is the best you can do.

I don't go to Reddit.

Only FEs I've played are 7 and 13. What other games are worth playing? Is Echoes worth my money?

Langrisser is better.

If you enjoyed 7 try 6 or 8. 6 is Roy's game if you want more Elibe, 8 is in a unrelated universe. If you liked Awakening try Fates. Birthright is basically Awakening+ and Conquest has a laughably bad story but some of the best gameplay in the series. I haven't tried Revelations but I haven't heard good things.

Echoes is worth it if you're fine with the game being a bit easy, and a lot of the maps are bland. I enjoyed the story and characters and also the gameplay (last FE I played was Conquest so I welcomed an easy game) but it's a divisive game. English dub was phenomenal.

As for the rest of the series I recommend 9, 10, 11, 12, 4, and 5.

Very fun. I should play it again sometime.

It's shit except for the waifus.

Been playing New Mystery again. Just got Katarina. It's pretty fun so far. I like the map design.

I guess 8 and 6 would be good places to move to if you liked 7. After that you can either pirate 9 and 10 if you want more interesting maps and a darker story, or you can do Shadow Dragon/New Mystery fantranslation if you want to see Marth's story. Echoes is okay but it really shows its age.

What? why not just wear pants

For muh dick.

Good for waifus.

Fates and awakening are trash and their overexposure in warriors, heroes and smash are killing the series. A shame, cause echoes shows that good fire emblems can still happen

Used to be a great series before it got turned into a waifu simulator.

Honestly I still have hope that the Switch title will be great. Even the Japanese fans hate Fates' story.

Was good until 10. Rapidly declined, hit its lowest at Fates and Heroes. Climbed back to almost decent with Echoes. Remains to be seen if it will go back to good or not.
I'm playing Fire Emblem 7 right now hilariously enough. Must be the 4th time I've done it if you include going through ENM, EHM and HNM before this one

I thought the japs were why fates was getting pushed so hard

It gets pushed because the waifus and husbandos are popular.

I'm grateful that it absorbed all the cancer and focus so that Advance Wars can rest in peace

I'm also glad that Metroid absorbed all the cancer, leaving Wario Land to rest in peace.

That's a very optimistic way to look at things, let me try:
I'm grateful that monster hunter, street fighter and pretty much every capcom ip is going to shit so that Megaman can rest in peace…

It's not working.

Terrible example user

No no no. That's not how it works. Here;
I'm grateful that capcom went full esports with Street Fighter because that means Darkstalker can rest in peace.

I played a bit of Sacred Stones on GBA and it was pretty dull.

I don't understand. I love Urushihara too, it's a match made in heaven. Yet I never got past several first missions in der langrisser.

I'm grateful that MonHun and esports absorbed all the cancer at Capcom so that God Hand and Viewtiful Joe can rest in peace.

God hand was resting in piece since day1.

A single female ruinned the whole thing for eveyrbody else

And I'm glad they haven't tried to dig the corpse up and fuck it, even though I would have liked to see Gene in Marvel.

Fucking seriously?

I never said Marvel Infinite.

What about a TvC 2?

I think Fire Emblem needs to be given out to western developers and be remade by someone who made games like age of wonders, heroes of might and magic or magicka.

Not by current year capcom. I love TvC thought. Bought it on release day.

>given to (((Western))) developers

>(((Western))) developers
JEWISH GAMES, BEST GAMES!

Truly the best waifu

If had to choose from any western dev I would have given it to either CD projekt red or Larian studios, guys who made divinity 2

Echoes is good
it also has best girl

Is it worth erasing the fan translated version of If/Fates?

Yes, very much so
Even fanslated that game is an abomination. Shit localization was just the cherry on the diarrhea cake that was Fates.

You are aware that Parodius has a lot of classical song remixes?

Jews are egotistical kidfuckers.

They should never have abandoned sprite based graphics.

I haven't played an FE game since the gba one a million years ago. I tried picking up Awakening and since I had experience with SRW and FFT I picked hard and classic.
I guess I'm really fucking bad at FE. Seems like the only unit I don't have to baby sit is Frederick and everyone else needs to hunker down in a defensive position and hope they don't die in 1-2 hits every turn. For the life of me I can't understand the point of the pegasus knights because they are made of paper, do average damage but only after their second hit which gives the opponent a chance to counter in between and their movement is only good on very specific terrain.
On the other hand, classes like Myrmidon and the shapeshifter just seem ridiculously overpowered. Sometimes it feels like I should be rolling out with way less units than the game says to simply to minimize the chances of casualties but then all my exp would be going to the same 4-6 people.

Granted, I'm only 6 hours in, but I have been getting my dick stomped and not losing a party member in a map is almost impossible without multiple retries for me. How to get good?

Playing Path of Radiance now, it's pretty good.

You're not bad. Its meant to stomp your shit in until you take advantage of the grinding mechanics they've put in the game.
The map design in that game is shit too. Anyways yeah, expect it to be hard. You're correct in using Freddy, he'll get you through the early game. Its often the case in a lot of hard modes on Fire Emblem games that the jagen will save your ass, use him to weaken enemies and finish off the kills with people who actually mean something (your avatar who quickly becomes broken, Chrom, or someone else). Sumia is pretty shit overall, don't bother with her. Now someone else on the other hand… she's pretty damn good, better in every way to Sumia. All of your early game units will be shit though, except for Lonqu, Avatar, Freddy and Chrom. There's probably someone I'm forgetting too, but those will be the ones you rely on the most if you're a normal player
Once you're past that and get some levels and equipment you're basically downhill, save on some optional missions way down the line that are hard as fuck (but decently designed).

All that said: Awakening a shit. Soundtrack was pretty godly though.

Hard in nu-Emblem isn't hard more than it is tedious.

I wish this had been more widely spread at release. Wasted so much time on hard.

I'd play 1-6 if you want something moderately difficult but enjoyable.

They are all shit and pretty reddit-tier. The only SRPG that gooks have made that was good was .

I tried playing Awakening and it just pissed me off. 90% of the game was figuring out who needed EXP and who needed relationship boosts and it completely ruined game flow.

There were instances where I had a good strategic match for the enemy (better weapon triangle, archer vs. flying, armour breaking unit) and I had to completely ditch the plan in favour of levelling a weak unit or getting two units to hurry up and bang already.

I'm sure veterans know of optimal strats to level everyone and who to pair with who to still be good tactically but at that point its a level of micromanagement I can't be fucked with.

never heard of it

Shame, because I'd love to see Fire Emblem's battle sprites and portraits look like hand drawn HD anime.

I've tried at least 5 games for a bunch of different consoles and they're some of the most boring shit I've ever seen.

The characters all look the same. The world is bland as fuck. The story is anime-tier. The combat has no fun whatsoever.

I liked it a lot when it wasn't about waifu bullshit.

An alternative could be to use the same techniques as the fighting game guilty gear, they pulled it off fairly well.

I enjoyed shadow dragon, handled the avatar better than awakening at least.

what's the context for the first one?

it's dead

I love it. Awakening and fates are pure hot garbage, and it's mostly nami komoru's fault and partially our faults for spreading gay memes like marth is girl. Echoes was actually pretty good though, only since komoru's grubby fujoshi paws weren't touching it.
I would love to be able to say I hope the same won't happen to more games, but unfortunately warriors sends a pretty fucking clear message.

3 (second book is far better), 4, 5, 6, 8 (pretty easy but still fun), radiance games, and echoes.
I haven't played nu shadow dragon/mystery of the emblem, but they looks pretty bad.
if you can get a cia for free, why not. Otherwise, it's much better than fates/awakening

guys…

guys

Guys.

Guys listen

I have the best ide

guys listen

I have the best idea ever

guys

I'll put a SINGLE STRAP

guys

a strap

I'll put a single strap
guys listen here

I'll put A SINGLE STRAP… on my LEFT tit

until they fucked pretty much everyone's designs
>BEDMAN

We need to meme komoru to death somehow

You played one of the easiest ones.

A fundamentally flawed series that combines two aspects that do not work well together: highly unique characters + permadeath.

Try Langrisser II. It's basically the same game, but with higher difficulty and without the branching pathways. It's been fully translated into English as well.

nigga what?
That's one of the best parts about Fire Emblem

I actually do not know what to say to you besides "git gud"
Nigger, if you don't want your characters to die, fucking strategize. Sure sure, rng all that but there are *many* ways to mitigate the chance of death and move your troops in a way that lets you flank the enemy without risking harm. A tactical rpg is probably one of the easiest genres.
Why?
All you have to fucking do is think, nigger.

I am good and I do strategize. Doesn't always prevent lucky criticals from forcing a restart though. The combination of the two aforementioned attributes means feeling the need to always play without losing units. It also reduces strategic depth by taking the tactic of sacrificial play off the table.

It is their purpose to die in my stead.

The fuck you mean? Sacrificial play in 100% possible and sometimes even necessary. I never liked prepromotes, but then I realized I could take away all their weapons and they become dodge machines/bullet sponges.
You shouldn't want to lose units either way. It's pretty fair in that regard

No it doesn't. It just increases the value of a sacrifice by that much. There are people who are willing to sacrifice characters if its too much for them.
I lost Erk and didn't restart after an exceptionally long chapter with a ton of item management.
And critical hits by enemies are incredibly rare when they don't have crit-boosting weapons (read: almost 98% of the time) to the point of being statistically insignificant. I had a pegasus knight crit… against my armor knight. Only enemy crit I've experienced in the game so far in my current playthrough.
You should strive to lose as few units as possible in an SRPG though. That's the ideal goal. Fire Emblem and really any game like it adds a lot of high-tension moments to the game, and rightfully so. No matter how screwed you are in the game, aside from a few anomalies, you almost always have the chance to win a chapter with smart play unless you've forced yourself into a literally impossible scenario to win. Not to mention that not only does the RNG go both ways, but more often than not its actually favorable towards your units, since you have a lot more control over which units of yours get which weapons, which ones get statboosted, and the fact that you get to choose your starting formations. The enemies usually have greater numbers but that's to be expected with a static AI and made up for by their overall low stats too.
Basically Fire Emblem is mostly skill-based and RNG is more often than not in your favor and controlled by you and your play for the most part. That isn't to say that there aren't unlucky moments, but they either A: are very rare (the genuine unlucky moments where you played as well as you could and some dude's 1% crit rate screwed you over) or B: common as hell, but entirely your fault for being a retard (well how was I supposed to know that going up against a 7-damage, killing edge myrmidon was going to get me killed when my unit only had 21 HP! He only had a 30% chance to crit! Bullshit!!!)

Which makes it that much more bullshit when they do happen. Those 1% crits man, fuck them.

Frankly, random critical hits have no place in a strategy game anyway.

Loved the GBA games. Don't agree with the direction it's gone.
The latest 3DS game abandoned waifu stuff apparently, but also ditched the weapon's triangle.

Tell us more about your inability to strategize.

Also, don't tell the newfags that every FE after 6 cheats behind the scenes to make things easier for the player.

but user, its a remake of FE3 which didn't have the weapon triangle originally

Because it's a remake of the 2nd game in the series.

>>>/suicide/

Sorry, I am not a weeb.

But shitposter-san, how can a ttrpg with very clear western influences set in primarily-western inspired continents/lands/empires be weeb?
you're on the money with fates/awakening, though.

A spearman stabbing someone. It was just an appropriate animated attack for using in reference to FE. This is a nice animation in pic related but does not fit the style. I dearly would have liked to see FE continue to push it's animations but the trashed them in favor of garbage 3d chibi shit, the jarring downgrade in quality when I played FE9 still stings.

Their design fuckups are nonetheless rendered REALLY well. I would have loved to see FE elevated to that level of smoothness and detail.

Eh, that's really not a good reason. If you're remaking an old game, then you should use the opportunity to polish up the mechanics that weren't present or weren't fleshed out in the original. Leave the story alone, leave the maps alone, but add a bit more polish and expand on what's there if needed.

The weapon triangle and supports (thinking of when they remade FE1 here) are core mechanics of the series. Something that every fan knows about and expects.

Awakening only works as a eugenics simulator. Breed children in such a way that they have optimal skills and stats.

So I found a meme video from a while ago about FE7
It includes a preachy bit about how "there never was a golden age of FE, this waifu shit was throughout the whole series because of le ironic shitpost look at these two pixels of cleavage" and all the comments agree except for a tiny unpozzed minority.
hooktube.com/watch?v=NnNemokPEIQ

The Fire Emblem community is fucking dead.

That's a gif of the Armsman from Dark Age of Camelot using a polearm special attack. The cloak has a guild heraldry on it. I wonder who made it

Except they polished an absurd amount of Gaiden already. One key difference is that it didn't have a weapon triangle and they balanced around it. Its different because Gaiden was a very different game from most of the franchise. Its almost considered the "black sheep" of the franchise that the original team experimented a lot with. I'm fine with them not introducing an entire core, literally fundamentally game-changing mechanic into a remake of a game that never had it

Actually its wrong for me to call them unpozzed; more often than not they reveal themselves to be partially pozzed, but not tolerant of this dude's total bullshit

God, people like this mongoloid make me want to go out and murder someon

trips and I might

Why would you show me this. Who finds this kind of video funny.

I don't know the answer to either of those. I saw it pop up in my recommended and decided to click out of morbid curiosity.
Needless to say I regret everything

This is the kind of shit Common Core combined with the net causes.

Titania is not for lewd

Every night she pleasures herself thinking about how she wants Greil to ram her. In Radiant Dawn she starts looking at Ike lustfully, as he starts to resemble his dad more. Knowing she can do nothing about these feelings she regularly visits the male brothel.

A series with plenty of potential but each entry has some sort of fault that prevents it from being perfect, usually it's the story. If ISIS could just combine the best parts of each entry and make a fire emblem game to end them all I'll be grateful. I don't mind the waifus at all I just want everything else to be good.

A nigger of excellent tastes

This is not okay.

I don't the waifufaggotry as much as others, probably because Awakening was my first FE, but casual mode and phoenix mode need to go.

casual mode doesn't even matter because honestly if you lose a character you are going to restart the fight anyway(if you aren't retarded)
If you are role playing then let em die whatever. The only thing about casual that sucks is that it's just easy with

I think it's a shitty version of Advance Wars and it's never gotten any better. Not even waifus could save it.

Has anyone made romhacks of the 3DS games without Treehouse localization cancer yet?

Yeah, it's called play the Japanese version

Very good series that has had ups and downs. Play a few entries on different consoles and decide for yourself. Unless you care about story, I recommend Fates Conquest and Shadow Dragon.

You should learn it to play all Japanese games.

This makes absolutely no sense, user. Tedium is slogging across FE4's fuckhuge maps, not coming up with a strategy to get through Conquest's late game.

It seems like what I've always thought holds true: people who don't like Fates are bad at Fates.
Awakening gets no excuses though, the maps are shit.

You're just figuring this out now? Serenes Forest has become the Doomworld of the Fire Emblem community–a fucking circlejerk of pozzed up SJW faggots.

There are plenty of games that will never get translated.

Criminally underrated comment

topkek
Conquest had pretty solid map design, but NOTHING ELSE REDEEEMING ABOUT IT AT ALL ABOUT IT
It still had the fanservice pandering and waifu-simulation
It still had the shit writing and mediocre characters
The class balance and unit balance was still shit, with royals, corrin and maybe 1-3 obvious units being broken and everyone else in the
cast being buttfuck awful
It still had the cancerous pair-up mechanic (though the balance is improved from awakening)
The localization was pure cancer in every single way

Birthright had a story that was better than Conquest's sheer hot garbage, but that's really not saying much. Map design was much flatter and game was more casualized overall though.

Basically why would I want to slog through Fates Conquest with all of its flaws for some good maps when I can go play other, better games that actually do the other aspects of Fire Emblem right and have good map design? There are literally dozens of other games that I could play right now. Even if you value map design to be the greatest thing in an SRPG (and it is indeed important), Conquest gets a 7/10 on it because while it is good, it isn't great either.
there is so much wrong with your post that I can't even begin to describe it all.
Basically feel free to kill yourself and donate your corpse to NoA so they can still make profit off you by auctioning off your body parts

I wouldn't mind that if the writing was anywhere good at all. Corn is the most pussy bag of tropes, a real shit MC, and all of the S links are just as bad. At least in awakening the cast was more likable, and memorable, and the MC wasn't the main character.

Nigger even the waifu sim is shit
>best outfits DLC locked

Not my fault you're an EOP

Played Echoes? IMO that game did everything Fates wanted to do but better. Even the simpler battle mechanics were way more enjoyable than anything Fates offered.

Jim is sending your IP and post history to the FBI

Every FE game after Radiant Dawn besides Conquest is a step downwards objectively.

Fates also has Dindu Nuffins (Hoshido) as if tumblr made the game.

I loved advance wars for the grunt units. I wouldn't mind a medieval advance wars.

People who started playing FE in Awakening thinks FE is that when it's exactly NOT that that who plays FE expects…We expect very challenging strategy where every action is carefully thought, is a game where you have to carefully manage resources, personal and actions, that makes for a outstanding strategy game like radiant dawn. THIS is what FE is all about. Not fucking waifus, well, it's not that is bad, but don't take away the strategy side (the most important part)…

Is this your first time posting here?

Didn't some game that was basically medieval Advance Wars come out a few months ago on Steam?

nigger do you know how IDs work?

Formerly decent games that are now both trash and censored. Not worth bothering with.

I think Fire Emblem kind of lost a bit of flavor when it decided to switch to 3D models and CG and trying to appeal to the average gamer nowadays but Echoes sort of returned a little faith in me.

But its a shame there will never be a game with best girl in my opinion or even so much as a cameo with the way they're just adding characters to rosters of new games based on how popular they were from the previously released FE game. Minus Lyn of course

Not really just one game user, once you learn japanese you could play many games that catch your interest

I agree with you for Path of Radiance, but Radiant Dawn looks really nice on an emulator all res'd up, I forgot how much better the animations got during their short foray back on consoles.

I want to use Jim as a night light because he is a glow-in-the-dark CIA nigger.

I still enjoy it. Series has had its ups and downs. Mystery was my first FE game, and I enjoyed it a whole lot, but it sucked ass being "that kid" who played a series nobody ever bothered to look into because Squaresoft RPGs were dominating on the SNES (with the exception of Illusion of Gaia and Link to the Past).

Now that I'm a grown-ass man, I still like the series a whole lot. And as much as people hate it, I think Awakening is a great game, and it was a nice way to get people interested in the series, especially the SNES games. I don't care what brings fans to the series, but I'm happy to have them here now.

Good series which like all things have slowly turned into garbage. Also eliwood is a faggot

This is like saying that we need refugees to increase our population because it's declining
I'd rather have a smaller, quality community I can look fondly on than one that I have to regret being a part of.
The only thing I felt Awakening did right was the soundtrack and presentation. It was an incredibly polished, gold spray-painted turd that drew everyone in More importantly if they're "fans" like the ones here

Then it'd be better if the community just slowly deteriorated with dignity to be perfectly honest.

Made by the same guys that did Starbound.

Why do you fags show up in every Fire Emblem thread? Go away, nobody needs you. Camilla and Tharja are shit too.

I dunno I've always like 9/10's aesthetic. I do miss the sprites.

Oh shit, it's a talking corpse.

Can't they just mix sprites and the new version and just have it so you can switch between both when you want?

Sprites aren't coming back, and with the Switch game they'll probably be gone from the maps too.

Is there a bigger dindu than Hoshido?

You're not wrong, but Fire Emblem was on its death bed before Awakening. It feels nice to enjoy the series without being beholden to emulation, imports and shitty translation patches, and see the series get the love that it has been deprived of for so long. I don't know if I agree with the community deteriorating with dignity, because there's really not much dignity in "dead gaem XD".

I still love the series, and I'm willing to stick with it through thick and thin (even though I really, really disliked Fates). I think the worst indignity that the series can suffer is if it becomes a victim of its own success and falters to misdirection as a result of that success, to the point that it becomes a parody of itself in the same way that Final Fantasy did. Going from something as masterful as IV to the trainwreck was XIII was an affront in every conceivable way.

There's so much untapped potential in the older games. Nintendo is the king of rehash, I'd be perfectly content if they took the old games, gave them modern-day Nintendo polish (sans shitty tutorials) and re-released them. Playing Mystery or Geneaology with the presentation of Awakening would be the stuff of dreams.

lol, no it wasn't. Both of the DS FEs met Awakening's benchmark in sales.

I hate this meme and the people who use it to legitimize Awakening casualizing the series. Fire Emblem 12 sold well in Japan and the only reason it wasn't brought over to America was because NoA never advertised Shadow Dragon and left it fend for itself in terms of sales, which did poorly.
That would be worse than Fire Emblem 12's presentation.

It's in my top 2 favorite franchises and I'm glad it's still alive.

More like tumblrization with some 4cuck on the side. SJWs infest the fandom with Fates being friendly to them (see the Innocent Nippons VS Foul Baka Gaijin and faggotry).

Nothing is appealing about awakening's artstyle, or any of it's visuals.
Honestly, besides further development of supports, there really isn't much else. And even then, NoA will fuck that up without a doubt.
They already tried remaking mystery, and it was pretty damn mediocre gameplay-wise, and just strange visually.
Echoes is an anomaly that has only come from the fact that komoru wasn't in, and I don't think I can trust her to stay away from the rest.

FE has had its fair share of dindus, but hoshido takes it further than literally everything else.

I know tumblr and weebs appreciates the dindu kingdom.

I've been playing the mobile game for a while now. Effie is my waifu. I want her to crush my dick with her ironclad kegal musscles and give me death by snu snu

jesus christ.
well, it treats the characters better than warriors, that's for sure. Nice to have the whole different artist thing, lots of styles I recognize
Awakening/fates have hardly produced many characters of merit, but effie manages to be one of them
why can't cherche get more attention she's the only fucking good girl in awakening that's human

She can fucking crush bolders. You are but a baby to her.

I think she would make good waifu material in that she is really dedicated to fitness so you know she has disipline. She is definitely amazon teir tallness and strength. Physical intimacy would be intense for sure. Snu snu jokes aside she could wreck you if you weren't ready for dem legs.

Only a closet homosexual or cuck finds muscles attractive.

You both need to go back

Alright, reddit spacing aside, you're either delusional or shitposting. /fit/girls are god tier and you have to go back.

No woman has a need to have muscles.

once again, reddit spacing aside, that would only paint me as insecure. Why the fuck would I respond to that. "oh no I'm not gay I'm super straight I've pleasure so many pussies, I-I'm actually a super chad"
Could you be any more gay?
Shit, nigger. Woman don't have a "need" for a decent ass, lingerie, or maid outfits but doesn't stop me from finding any of those attractive. Any decent human being should strive to be fit, or at least slim.
Shit, if we're going by "need" that one 600 pound fat fuck proved he didn't need fucking health or a job. Welfare gave him everything he needed and modern medicine pulled him out of every heart attack he had.

sage for offtopic.
You need to put more effort if you want more (you)s

Heroes is a nice time waster, as long as you don't spend anything on it. I still need to get a +atk Effie and a Hector to complete my armor team.

Hector dies in a blaze of glory and eliwood is still a faggot

He dies slowly in the arm's of eliwood's son like a total bitch

seriously, what the actual fuck is wrong with both of you. They're both good characters and a massive part of this is the fact that they are friends as well as how their bond of friendship is strengthened throughout the game. How could both of you miss the point so fucking hard it actually pisses me off

My post was a joke.

you've earned the (you) on this one, you cheeky cunt.

Die

Now you're just chimpingout.

Muscles are repugnant in women. And a woman who hasn't inherited being a fatty (see Niggers and Beaners) can be not fat at all by eating right and laying off the Ubers.

If you're intending to annoy me, It's starting to work.
This is certainly so if they basically just pump themselves with testosterone or go too hard at the gym. When they have mannish bodies, they do in fact look pretty gross.
Though when both slender and muscular, they look great. Whether it's in the thighs or abdominals, it looks good.
You don't have any real evidence or dare I say, substance, to your "argument". All you've done is say "ur a gay cuck lol" and "muscles are gross ewww"
but by all means, keep bumping the thread. Who knows, actual discussion might take place eventually.

What seems to be the problem?

Do not think that the posting of lyns sexy bits will warrant anything more than a slight smile and an eyebrow raise
you will cease these heretical activities immediately

Post more? Okay.

It just ain't natural.

Why do people have such a boner for Lyn?
Florina is best girl in every way.

Eli is already a faggot, so he might as well just suck dick and be a full homo.

florina is a good girl.
but farina is better
Eliwood is a competent fighter and an excellent protagonist, no matter what shitters like you say.
How many people can claim to have fucked a dragon

Maybe I'm missing something here, but throughout the whole game I didn't find myself liking any of the lord characters.
They came off as really dull and uninspired.
Everyone else ranged from "meh" to "I wish these guys were the main chracters."

Also,
Thank fuck for Hector's strength.

Lil tidbit called supports, the glue that holds the characters together. Granted I understand if you didn't get to all of them, it isn't exactly super easy.
At the end of the day, it's a run by run basis. Everyone bitches and moans about eliwood and lyn being useless, but my lyns have somehow managed to consistently outshine even my hectors in certain situations. Hell, eliwood himself has turned out useful in quite a few runs, even with his late promotion.

His son gets it worse in FE6. Roy actually has really solid stats, it's a shame he's stuck half the level of the rest of your army until the last map (or last 4 if you get 100%)

it's a bit annoying, yeah. Before his promotion he has to be kept away form alot of big bads, since the rest of my units are usually 20/5-7 by murdock. But when he promotes to master lord, he arguably becomes one of the most powerful FE units of all time. Specially since he gets access to the sword of seals, which is by far one of the strongest FE weapons of all time.
I came the first time I got it

Shit taste confirmed

I have no interest in moeshit for waifufags.

Not even close.

Holsety (wind magic)

Narga is even stronger which has identical stats but gives you +20 SKL, SPD, DEF, and MDF.

Then there's the Double Bow in Radiant Dawn that gives you 22 MT and +3 STR. It has a range of 1-2. You can also enchant it to have infinite uses. As for the GBA games, the Garm from Sacred Stones was better. Despite not having a 1-2 range, a lot of enemies could could attack you from afar and those guys can easily be killed with a hand axe. It also has 30 uses unlike the Sword of Seals/Binding Blade which only has 20 for some stupid reason.

I've played every GB and DS fire emblem game, but I still don't know what these stand for.

No, I meant casualization. I don't give a shit about garbage localizations. Quit being a faggot, reddit spacer.

But you're right though. Casualization and gameplay being ruined are more important than localizations being ruined.

Might and Weight. The weight one should've been easy to figure out.

lol game stats are not an argument

Lorewise I think the FE6 legendary weapons are the strongest.

Not entirely the case. It was (at least in part) because the vast, vast majority of the Club Nintendo feedback to Shadow Dragon was lambasting the game for being a step down from its (Western-released) predecessors in every way (which was accurate), so NoA figured that people simply didn't want the sequel to it.

The whole "saved the series" argument is 100% bullshit though. The target was par for the series and the series was without (much) marketing since 7, so literally any other game in the series given the same attention would easily hit the target. Not to mention Awakening had better timing than any FE release since 7 in terms of the life of the system. It had the good fortune of coming out while a lot of people had 3DSes while having few worthwhile games for them. In comparison, Shadow Dragon was one of the DS's swan songs (and had terrible word of mouth) and Radiant Dawn came out right after most core gamers gave up on the Wii.

I kept hearing Shadow Dragon as being shit from the majority of the FE community (before it turned to complete cancer). What exactly is good about it?

In-game stats are an argument; one just has to account for stat/number inflation between games which is tedious as fuck

Shadow Dragon suffered mostly because of its presentation and graphics, were were terrible. Why the fuck would you use prerendered 3D sprites on a DS platform after beautifully making 2D sprites on the DS?

Same thing for Echoes, it's a bit too faithful. That and the Gaiden chapter requirements are stupid because nobody want to kill off their units.

Mechanically, Shadow Dragon is pretty decent, and as a remake of FE1 it's very faithful. The music is pretty good, too.
It's just so faithful to the original game that it comes off as bare bones compared to everything between their release dates.
There was also this

The game had around six or seven new units added to the game as bonus characters, but aside from Frey (who is not available on any difficulty above the lowest because he's gotten during the tutorial) you had to deliberately kill off the majority of your army just to get them.

They sound more like insurance characters than bonus characters if I recall correctly. I'm vaguely starting to recollect something now. Didn't their names spelled out in a sentence end up mocking the player's skill? Or am I thinking of another game?

Nah I must be thinking of another game; could've sworn there was a fire emblem game that did that though.

Those were different. If your army ever fell below 15 or so units, you'd get a bunch of generic units with names like "Loser" or "Rejek". They'd cycle through a lot of names like that, so eventually you'd end up seeing them all.
The actual bonus characters were only unlocked if you did the side chapters featuring them, and the side chapters were only available if you had 15 or less units when you got to that point in the story.
Funnily enough, the generic "Loser" units counted towards this total. You could miss out on bonus characters simply because you recruited somebody in the last chapter and neglected to kill off "Loser" characters to keep the total at 15 or less.

Thought about writing an FE campaign for tabletop once. The idea of the campaign would be to build the story as you go based on your mission's success or failure. Instead of cliché FE mission types like rout and sieze there were optional objectives like steal wyverns or targeting commanders within X turns. Or in case of an escort dying your objective would be to retreat while the escort's army turns against you. There were also factions that were hostile to your forces as well as the enemy's and if you slay enough enemy captains then the hostile neutral's commander would call a cease fire so you team up to destroy the enemy army. And maybe those units join your army later.

However, stats of ally and ememy units were a bitch to calculate and track. I'd have to code a program that's FE without the map. At that point it'd be better make an entirely new FE game.

What a great picture

I've played the gba games and awakening. What's a top 5 list to play of the series?

Play anything from 4-10
1-3 is good if you don't mind clunkiness and >dated graphix
Everyone's top 5 will vary but they almost always include it from 4-10, and less often from 1-3.
My personal list
1. Fire Emblem/Blazing Sword
2.Binding Blade
3. Sacred Stones
4. Radiant Dawn
5. Path of Radiance
Though I haven't played FE4 and FE5 yet, but those are very very good games.

Thanks, Friend.

Should I restart because I didn't play it that way? And produced child units with probably not the best parent pairings?

It also came out in Japan in that 2010-11 time period when the 3DS was announced and NDS was on the way out. Add in NoA translation time and could have been out when the 3DS was released in 2011.

user, I get it. It's okay to be bad at Fates. After all, it takes a special kind of bad to only think a handful of units in Conquest are good.

My top 5 are
FE7
FE8
FE5
FE14C
FE11

They offer a varying degree of challenge but the latter 3 are arguably the hardest entries in the series besides FE12 but that one's just frustrating challenge that forces trial and error on long maps.

You don't need to breed based on who makes the best children together. I just paired everyone up based on character.

I think its fun but has gone down hill.

You know what I missed in Awakening? Characters that weren't the primary cast but still got a special conversation with a boss. That Validar faggot was so generic and forgettable that they didn't even bother fleshing him out outside MUAHAHAHA I'M EEEEEEVIL!
Cormag wanted to murder Valter for killing his brother, Jill had that awesome but pathetic conversation with Ashnard, Stefan killed that one Swordmaster boss for thinking he was hot shit. They don't even matter in the grand scheme of things and if they die, they don't get sidelined, they die like another soldier, but it fleshes them out greatly.
Nergal looks like a generic villain at first, but you find out he was buddies with Athos, they lived among dragons, and that he was the father of Ninian and Nils if you get the best ending, making him look more human than someone plotting to destroy/enslave the world.

Nergal is one of the best villains in vidya tbh
You can empathize with him but you can't sympathize for him, which is very hard to pull off in vidya without turning it into a
Rather than

Yup, too much of that and it looks like dindu muffins.

Proof that eastern devs are infallible like weebs try to make them out to be.

Exactly

Well fuck me sideways but I think this all the proof I need for how shit Eastern devs can be.

Also
Etc.

its unfortunate because at the end of the day so it still gives me chills even though the whole thing is utter cancer
They've disgraced the instrumentals of the franchise.

effie is god damn boring, i like that she's motivated in her effort to protect elise, purpose is cool and all, but all she talks about is goddamn heavy lifting and how much she cares about elise. theres no nuance or explanatory dialogue despite the deathly simple goal she has, shes just a less plump, more stupid version of camilla who likes elise instead of corrin

Somebody took their time and autism to make a review for every map in Conquest and determined it to be pretty middle of the road in terms of FE map design
thecrusadergrant.blogspot.com/2017/09/conquest-map-design-review-part-5.html
archive.is/fwEaZ

for shame, user.
she's just cute. She unfortunately, is still one of the better characters in that shit game.

You can thank NoA for that

Isn't that just something that was added by the (((localizers)))?

They are incorrect about a number of maps, though. Some faggot on a blog isn't an authority on map design quality, anyways.

Also this
Conquest map design is not as great as everyone thinks, the same with it's mechanics, they are overpraised by newfags.

I'm not saying he's an authority at all, but he did offer generally good justification and arguments for most of what he posted.
What maps was he incorrect on and why?

#FE is a good game.

Why?

What people fail to realize is that awakening brought in alot of tumblrites because you can play shipper with the other characters.

I think most know that.

That Smash Bros is an amazing advertising tool for Nintendo.

at least now I know its so irredeemably shit that an abortion would've been too good for it

but of course. What do you think Marvel vs Capcom is used for nowadays?

I posted that as a joke, one second of searching a booru. #FE was a solid game, it's fine if you hate the story but the actual game part is great.

I'd argue with you but I've never played that shit so I'll defer to your likely garbage opinion on that

I think the thing that Conquest succeeds in isn't map design but enemy design. They don't hesitate to fuck around and give enemies all sorts of skills and kickass gear and then chuck them at you. There is a lot of enemies worth capturing due to this as well.

Most enemies in fire emblem are under equipped to deal with the player. Fates is constantly chucking new dangerous enemies at you and forcing you to adapt to each one.

you must not have played Lunatic+ on Awakening. Overpowered enemies doesn't automatically make a Fire Emblem game good.
You are correct about there being generally weak enemies in Fire Emblem games though. "Enemy design" equates to giving the enemy OP skills and gear. its like saying
"if I make every enemy in this game a boss-tier opponent it sure will make the player think a lot more!"
and while that's technically true, without good map design to go with it it just ends up being tedious as you're forced to always resort to your strongest units and combinations, often-times turtling and abusing chokes even more than you should. It becomes speedrunner-tier autism and you can't even use fun characters anymore because they end up completely unviable. Its just
worse yet, it compels grinding as well
Needless to say, min-maxing in a game where levels are so RNG-based in terms of stat increases… its not fun to imagine or deal with. Enemy strength has to be appropriate, enemy design has to be chosen carefully to fit the map. The ideal way to beat Fire Emblem is to successfully complete all side objectives (be they chests, rescuing a village or an NPC, or in a map while avoiding death, distributing experience well among units, being smart with item management, having strong combat sense, and all done in a timely manner as well.
Having boss-tier enemies would make balancing all of that shit very hard to do. Fire Emblem's combat isn't something active like Dark Souls or some ARPG. Its turn-based, grid/tile-based, slightly RNG-based, and stat and numbers/based and item based.

What are your hopes for FE16?

Death.

Reminder this series is gachashit now and the next games will use Heroes as inspiration.
On the plus side, the kikery can never get as bad as it does there.

Don't tempt it.

The old games were too hard* and the new games are too easy. The rng kills all desire for me to learn any indepth strats.

*too hard for a 12 year old me. Got up to the last mission and all my units were too weak.

but user
the games almost always give you an OP endgame unit as insurance, there's a reason the cast of characters is usually so large in these games
Also
it can be frustrating yeah, in some of the FE games more than others, but generally its in your favor.

I'll have to see. This is a strange platform for Fire Emblem to be on (a console/handheld hybrid) so I have no idea what route they'll take, if they decide to go with full on 3D shit like PoR and RD (good) or if they decide to fuck it up with some other style or some 2.5D shit like Awakening.
I just hope its written well and the main cast of characters is lovable, the plot is intriguing and the map design good
That's all I need, basically I just want a good Fire Emblem game.

Warriors should've been inspired by Heroes, but instead they insisted it be different.

But for why?

Not blaming rng, but it made me not want to go full autist on the game.

Which one did you play user?

Honestly there's 14 days left I think. If you don't get her now there's always next October. Same for non-limited units, they will be back on another banner.

Don't they ban for that?

Blazing Blade on GBA.

For you.

Eons ago, IS had a lovely thing known as a "friendban", which they no longer administer. Those gifted with it are essentially off the radar, at the cost of only a few feather opportunities.

Tier 19 scrub confirmed

Yeah, maybe Fire Emblem isn't for you after all. That's the best one to start with so… rip
I can't blame ya, its just not everyone's thing. I mainly loved it for the characters, animations and plot. The gameplay was refreshing to me at the time and was outside of my skillset so I didn't mind bothering to learn how everything worked and how to actually play.

why are you fags playing cash grab mobile games

I don't put any money into the game. I play until my f2p status gets stretched, clear cache and do it again.
It's aright for killing 5 or 10 minutes on the bus or some shit.

It's just something okay to do on the side, not a full game. Plus I haven't spent a dime on it.
Also that guy said FE7 was too hard for him when he was 12.

So what exactly can you do with this, and how do you do it?

Two dimensional tits mostly.

If you want fancy shit like Sacred Coins, mod the .apk and it's basically just changing numbers. Everything but orbs can be altered, as they're server-sided. You can just use CE to change a unit or it's IV's if you want easier shit.

>FE6 Remake

>Some more gothic Is that the word? inspirations like the faceless of fates but not utter shit

So can I add units, and give them whatever skills for free?

How?

Not add, but replace. But for free, yes.
All units in the game have a specific ID tied to them. If you take say Peri's ID and replace it with Ike's ID, Every Peri in your barracks will become Ike. All units can be "morphed" like this, except Veronica, Bruno, and the Askr Trio.

Violating the Terms of Use.

For any of you FE faggots who like card games, there's a mod of all of the FE Cipher, the FE Card game, of all the cards translated on tabletop simulator.

Fun game.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1188566266

Any guide on this?

There's a thread over on the changed AlphaGamers forum about it. Most everything you'll need is in the OP.

boards.libre.io/threads/fire-emblem-heroes-after-1-8-update.294820/

I think I'll stick to being a good boy.

That update.

Why is Black Knight so cool Holla Forums?

His first appearance is so memorable, and his 1 on 1 duel with Ike was the best.

Play 4, 5, 9, 10, and 12. 6, 8 and 11 are a ring below.

It's gay but the girls are top tier

I have only played Awakening. I liked it a lot. I didn't get Fates because everything about the game looked like a shitty cash grab, and nothing I have heard about it post-release has convinced me otherwise. I haven't really played any of the old Fire Emblem games. I see that the marriage and child aspects are not a popular addition. Is this a hatred of mechanic in general or just the influx of newfags and weebs that it brought?

The love system has existed since fire emblem 4, and supports since 6 unless they were in 5, haven't gotten to it yet
It's really more of the latter.

The children can be good if done well (4)
Marriage was usually relegated to end-game endings for players after you supported with them and most people were happy with that. Marriage as an actual, forced and frankly crucial gameplay mechanic was where things started getting sketchy. There has also been nothing like the "barracks" in Awakening in any Fire Emblem game.
The fact that the avatar was quite literally a self-insert mary sue who could romance anyone they wanted also definitely contributed to the shipping phenomenon, the logical conclusion being seen in Fates with face-rubbing.
Awakening also had piss-poor map design, so many people saw this as a result of the money going towards the pandering elements. The fact that supporting also gives a very fast, very strong boost in power also made it a very high priority gameplay wise which contributed to the destruction of integrity among the characters. On top of this, many of the characters (looking at you especially, Severa, Tharja, and Peri) fit into weeb pandering archetypes with little depth to their character. Severa is the tsundere daughteru redhead, Tharja is a gothic/dark yandere, etc.
Not to mention the story and plot in Awakening takes a nose dive as soon as the valm arc hits that it never recovers from.
A part of Awakening that I didn't personally like (and I also didn't like that Sacred Stones did this either) was the grinding that was allowed between chapters, and the reduced linearity. This really contributed to the lack of focus in the story and helped make it feel like the "Skyrim" of Fire Emblem games.
The fact that you could also get so many supports so easily also cheapened the effect of them, and you could also find the bad ones much easier. Bad supports have always existed in the series, but they were uncommon and there was usually a limit on supports, oftentimes preventing them because you didn't see most of them without multiple playthroughs or reading a wiki.
Anyways, its not the mechanics themselves, its how they were implemented combined with numerous other factors and issues in the game. Looking at the issues in a vacuum is a pointless exercise because the issues don't exist in a vacuum. You have to consider the context, and the context as a whole points to Awakening being a disappointing game exacerbated by poor implementation of mechanics that had the appearance of strongly pandering to weebs and newfags.

I'm playing Echoes and I like it so far, but it feels like the weapon triangle isn't present? Also do I gotta keep the key items around like the axe and jail key?

That's because the weapon triangle isn't present.
Echoes is a remake of Gaiden which didn't have it.

Huh. Inderdastin'