ITT: Drugs in vidya

ITT: Drugs in vidya
Besides Jet in Fallout 2, what other drug in a video game is an important plot point? Bonus points if it's a real drug.

In Witcher, there's fisstech. It's a powder-like drug that people snort. In the first game, you have two major factions that you can side with, or you can tell them both to fuck off. In the third game, one of the factions, The Order of the Flaming Rose, shows up in the Redanian countryside in the Hearts of Stone DLC, where you find out that because you basically dismantled their organization, these former knights have gone rogue and now sell fisstech to get by.

Krokodil from Mother Russia Bleeds
Has probably nothing to do with the real thing since real krokodil is something like an even shittier version of heroine. The real thing also get its name because your flesh looks like its been bitten by a croc from it.

thanks for reminding me of this piece of shit game

do nanomachines count?

Lootboxes :^)

You've got Skooma in Elder Scrolls, which is an obvious one. As for plot relevance, Dead Rising 2/OTR plot heavily involves the production of anti-zombie drug Zombrex.

How is skooma plot relevant in anything but oblivion where you can absurdly OD on it and become sonic?

CHIM

Valkyr in Max Payne. It's a core plot point and you find out a lot of shit about it later on.
V for Valhalla.

There are some side quests relating to trafficking, so I considered that plot relevant enough. If you want the entire game to revolve around it, then it wouldn't be relevant.

Was that blue and yellow bastard using skooma to ascend? Must have missed that.

OP here. Can't believe I forgot this one.

In Morrowind your boss literally has a skooma pipe and you can find that he was taking large amounts of skooma and it's hinted that he got kicked off of his post due to that.

Does it have to be a mind altering drug?
If not Dead Rising 2.

what is that meant to be an image of
the only 'joy' i know about is from the We Happy Few game still in early access and guess what? price more than doubled for a fucking EA game after Gearbox became the publisher. Haha this is why i don't buy games

Is that supposed to be Pac Man's power pills?

i always thought skooma addict balmora weirdo is his alter ego so they dont suspect him of being imperial spy

Lisa: The Painful/The Joyful

Never played Undertale, sorry

He passes as a skooma addict by being a skooma addict. The only difference between him and J'Mal hiding down in the underworks is, his ridiculously high END, and possibly spooky Blades martial arts training, keeps him mostly functional even when he's fucked up.

V for Valhalla
V for Vlad
V for Valkyr

These motherfucking stoners in Gothic 1

>drug addict named JaMal
How did I never notice this.

It's called krokodil because your skin starts dying and looking scaly.

Galerians has you playing as a drug addicted twink that kills people. If you run out of drugs you die. It's a pretty realistic junkie experience.

Nah, when i jewgle it just looks like your flesh is falling off.

Nope, total skooma addict. he talks about it when he leaves for the capital. They wanted him there due to increasing tensions and his little habbit.

No it's a fact, nigger.

Lot of cock sucking in gas station bathrooms then?

I want a game all about that.

Far Cry 2 where you needed malaria medication to keep going.

Observer has those little blue pills you have to pop to stop going fuzzy.

I suppose Dorf Fort for all the booze you need to keep them stable.

Dude, swampweed lmao! Just blaze it so we can have a relationship and shit haha
Did Sleeper actually need them smoking weed? He didn't seem to get anything out of other camps using it

That David Cage game.

Not to mention that Salamandra, the organization you're hunting in Witcher 1, strong arm their way into the fisstech market to cover costs and influence.

Also Bioshock is an obvious example.

But you can already do it in real life, why do you need a game about it? Fag

The "health pipes" in Postal. Word of God is that they are crack pipes. I mean it's not that hard to notice since they just give you a huge burst of health at the expense of you having a heart attack and losing health later because you're addicted unless you smoke another one 5 minutes later

Shadow Hearts PS2 games make it clear that the "Pure" line of restoratives are drugs that calm the mind (which has the effect ingame of restoring sanity).

Flash, man! Wake you right up!

The Divinity series (Divine Divinity/Divinity Original Sin, etc.) has this plant called drudanae which is a powerful alchemical reagent and even more powerful habit-forming narcotic. There's several plots in the series revolving around drudanae addiction.

In Postal 2 you smoke crack as your main source of healing.
You have also access to catnip you can smoke to stop time.

U4 is a main plot point of SiN.

Hotline Miami's mystery pills cause the son to go berserk, kill the fans, then himself

anno 1701 hemp growing

Dealing alcohol is ludicrously profitable in Victoria 2.

Max Payne had a pill problem

Nah, he's a secret agent pretending to be a skooma head, and there is nothing implied when he leaves the game that he was even let go from the Imperial service, more likely he was just transferred. You're a retarded faggot like MatPat.

To be fair in the 18'th century hemp was something you made rope, paper, sacks and other useful stuff out of.

(checked)
Well liberated tovarish.

Joy

They said it helps them communicate with him, opening their minds to help them see his visions.

It probably lowered their mental defense so he could take possession of them.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games have a shitload of them that you use every time you head out.