Which Pokeballs are your favorite ones?

I personally like the OG Poke and Ultra ones the best imo. I like catching all my legendaries in Ultra balls, and using regular Poke balls for everything else. Moon, Luxury, and Cherish ones also look pretty cool though.

Its iconic simple design is still one of the best. In the anime, it was used to contain a Darkrai, Latios, Latias, and Regi trio. Also in the anime, they can contain very powerful pokemon like Cynthia's Garchomp and Steven's Metagross.
I don't like the red protrusions. I also don't like its middle child status of being between the Poke and Ultra balls. It's like, "why even exist?"
A great design that's the closest thing to a Black pokeball you'll get from the original Gen I pokeballs. In the anime, it was used to catch Mewtwo and Deoxys by force. In the Sun & Moon games, they're used to contain the Elite Four's pokemon, Cynthia's pokemon, and Anabel's legendaries.
An ugly purple design with pink protrusions that looks like a Venonat. But it does have the Greatest reputation out of all of them. In every game, they are always the best at capturing pokemon, but only a precious few exist.
I like the army camo design. I just don't like the muddy special "release effect" when you send out a pokemon.
An ugly yellow-black design with an ugly red V. I also don't like how it's associated with weak low level pokemon.
It's missing the orange III on the backside and feels unbalanced because of it. It makes it look weird from a top view perspective.
A cool and mysterious looking design. Its release effect of crescent moons looks pretty cool too.
It seems abstract because of the 4 red teardrops and yellow protrusion. Probably the best Green pokeball if you like that color.
The best of the pink and feminine pokeball designs. Not so great for male pokemon, but excellent for females. The release effect of hearts is also pretty feminine.
A gray ball with 6 ugly blue protrusions. It also has a reputation and association for fatass pokemon like Snorlax.
A disappointing pokeball that's not as cool as the anime Pikachu's pokeball. The big blocky lightning bolt just looks clunky by comparison.
A pokeball logo on a pokeball is both redundant and lame. There aren't even a lot of good National Park pokemon to begin with either.

A very minimalistic pokeball design that looks very clean. Minus FireRed and LeafGreen, this ball is available [gen 3 and up] in all the main handheld and GameCube games. Making it almost as common as the Poke/Great/Ultra balls in stores.
I don't like the line of black and yellow circles. Repeat also doesn't sound like a word that signifies uniqueness or importance.
I don't like the kitchen timer aesthetic or the big red protrusion. The release effect of clocks looks cool with Dialga or Celebi though.
The shitty brown and green coloration remind me of actual crap. The release effect of brown dust makes it look like it's farting too.
I like how it looks caged with the black protrusions. The release effect of white webs is also one of the best effects.
It's pretty cool how it feels like an actual splash of water with a lone waterdrop jumping out the middle. It also has the most aquatic release effect and is perfect for water types.
Gold, silver, black, & red colors make it look high class, but the protruding silver rim is a slight letdown. The release effect of gold lights is perfect for the wealthy 1% out there.
An ugly mish mash of pink, beige, blue, purple, and weird shapes. Not a good color combination at all.
The bold blue and yellow design looks very comic-book-like for some reason. The release effect of tornado wind also looks badass.
A great ghoulish design all around, but the missing green circle on the backside makes it look unbalanced. The release effect looks viciously evil and is great for intimidating-looking pokemon.
The ruby and black applecore design is pretty badass. It's highly associated with rare event pokemon with unobtainable moves, abilities, shinies, and legendaries. Like V-create Mega Rayquaza for example.
< Park Ball
It's not actual pokeball that can hold pokemon, so it doesn't really matter.
I like Musharna, but not enough to use a pokeball based around her. The smoky release effect is kinda genie-like, but very pink.
The worst protrusions of all, and the plain black circle on the back just looks out-of-place. The release effect is very cybernetic and cool though. It's most associated with powerful beast pokemon, but has the worst rate out of all the pokeballs. A potential .1x for nonBeast pokemon that's even weaker than the regular Poke ball.

Thousands of pokemon get traded via wi-fi everyday, and sometimes you can get some really great pokemon in some really crappy pokeball designs. This thread was the result of me just thinking about which ones I personally liked or hated the most.

USDA certified 100% pure autism

Pokeballs come in a variety of sizes and shapes

tfw major Balltism and can't use anything but Pokeballs and MAYBE Premeirballs on special Pokemon

Luxury and Premier for the ones I like the most.

I've always preferred Goodra's balls.

Premier balls, especially for shinies (though i'd use a master ball for legit ones)
Net balls, because bug is my favorite type

Classic red. Mainly because I want all of the balls to match and certain mons (most starters, fossil mons) can't legally be obtained in anything else.

I try to catch everything with either premier ball or the classic red. Any other poke ball is gaudy.

I'm just about there same except legendaries have to be in premier balls.

it would be nice if you could change the ball your monster is in after you caught, even if you lose the original ball (so no infinite use of the master ball, i guess).

That was fast, good work user

Yeah, I can relate to that. My starter is always in a red Poke ball, and so are the other pokemon I catch very early on. I think it looks nice how they all have matching designs, so I start to use the standard Poke ball for everything afterwards. Plus, they're super iconic and always inexpensive in every game.

But for legendaries, I always go with Ultra. In the anime, they were pretty badass in how they caught a Mewtwo in Pokemon Origins and a Deoxys in Pokemon Generations. The Master ball couldn't even catch a fucking Whiscash.

*skip halfway into the video*

i havent really played pokemon since diamond and pearl, aside from mystery dungeons. its kind of blowing my mind how gorgeous this looks.
i think we had luxury balls back then, but wow that thing is sweet in 3d. its like some kind of fancy chinese dinnerware. it feels like the moon could come out of that thing and suck my dick.

cant you just take the thread seriously?

How big are they?

no

master ball has the best fucking design you autist
The purple color immediately reminds you of luxury (because, purple represents royalty, even in the bible) and the pink protrusions signal at it's power (pink = red [color symbolizing rage or compassion] + white [color symbolizing order or tranqulity])

Nah, it looks like undies on a pokeball

No, considering this thread belongs in /poke/ or whatever board they have.

Fuck off.

maybe its majin venonat

The only good balls are regular and premier, with luxury at a close third
Also the master ball is for mewtwos only
Everything else is hot garbage

I loved using the Luxury Balls to catch pokemon I knew I would use on my team. Quickball was also an often used ball. All my legendaries were caught with ultra balls. I never used the other balls much. They were time intensive to get sometimes and didn't have significant difference in their catch rates to be worth the investment.

ACTUALLY
There was the dream world in gen 5, which allowed you to use your own balls to capture dream world pokemon, so the fossil mons can be in any gen-5 ball.

I know this because I have a case of crippling balltism and can't allow my pokemon to be in standard pokeballs

Go suck your mom’s cock back on newgrounds.

what's with his accent?

Off yourselves.

sure
no

The noose is waiting for you.

hes the soviet test master, thats whats up. his accent sharpened from punching too many belligerent students in the balls.

I really want to use regular poke balls for all of my mons simply because I feel like I'm cheesing using balls that increase catch rate. Also seeing that one or two great or ultra ball in your team of regulars grinds my autism gears.

Hate how they changed Timer and Repeat balls in the recent gen. And Quick Balls to a certain extent.
I made a quick guide of what they all look like in Sun/Moon (except Poke and Great). Older ones mentioned in case they change next gen.
Nest: Green flash, some white smoke/dust (used to be green energy while the Poke's sprite faded in from yellow/orange).
Luxury: Golden flash & shiny sparkles
Premier: Golden flash (used to be red)
Repeat: Orange flash and yellow arrows spinning around a'la the recycle symbol (in past games, used to be an orange flash with black balls with thick yellow boarders flying out)
Timer: Red flash and clocks (IIRC, used to be a white/grey flash with a red clock overlayed)
Net: Blue flash and white web/net lifts away (or casts over when withdrawing).
Dive: Bubbles
Dusk: Purple flash Dark cloud swirls (used to be purple flash and purple/black "lumps" of energy flying away)
Heal: Pink flash
Quick: Blue flash with a blue spiral/rings around the Poke (used to be a blue flash and a blue/yelllow spinny thing IIRC)
Fast: Blue flash & blue sparkles with some focus lines
Level: Blue flash then rainbow colored sparkles (no idea what it used to be)
Lure: Blue flash and splashes of water (the splashes of water a lot more subtle compared to the dive ball)
Heavy: Blue flash then grey hexagons
Love: giant pink hearts
Friend: Green flash & green circles
Moon: Blue flash fades to yellow moon cresents
Safari (transfer): Green/Brown flash- with some white smoke/dust kicked up.
Sports (transfer): Green Flash with a Net like the Net Ball.
Dream (transfer): Pink/Purple cloud
Ultra beast: Dimention explosion thing.

Remember if the parents are different species, then the mother effects what Pokeball the baby will have in breeding. If both parents are the same species- then it's 50/50.

There is nothing to talk about regarding poke balls
What is there to talk about?

What do you think they taste like haha

Whatever fucking happened to that god damn GS ball?

this is the only correct answer in the whole thread. please guys refrain to this post please

It wasn't a pokeball at all so shut up

talking about venonats, user Ontan is still with me! Is a old photo but she got medals and is on my Sun game, I already used gold cap to buff her! just saying shes in good hands still!

i remember some people thinking the clockwork lolimon had something to do with that

You organize trades here?
I'd have figured the Poke threads were too rare, and a general would be unnecessary (not to mention Pokemon boards are dead).

Luxury balls go to shinies, premier balls I used to use for legendaries but ever since the dex nav I've used them on those pokemon.
Of the two I think I like luxury more for the value it gives a pokemon. Close second is the timer ball just because I really like the look of it.

Actually the male parent is supposed to determine the child's pokeball.

It's still too pink for my tastes. Both the 2 big pink bulbs and the "pinkish-purple lights" they give off when you send out your pokemon. Not very threatening on something like a shiny Rayquaza or something.
It reminds me of those games that humiliate you for picking the easy route. Like the pink suit in that Battle Kid NES game, or the pink ribbon in that Ninja Gaiden Xbox game. With no effort put in battling it whatsoever, the pokemon is then stuck with a purple-pink pokeball for life.

It looks really good on Mewtwo though. The "M" letter could also stand for Mewtwo, and he already has a purple color scheme anyways. In Pokemon Origins, (because of Team Rocket) test subject pokemons were horribly experimented on to gather data for the Master ball. And in The Uncut Story of Mewtwo's Origin, (because of Team Rocket) a lot experimental test subjects died and paved the way for Mew's first successful clone: Mewtwo.
An extremely fitting pokeball to use on Mewtwo.

And speaking of fitting designs, I think that the Luxury looks really well on shiny Rayquaza. As does the Moon ball on shiny Gardevoir.

Can someone explain this to me?

You're the only one implying it's bad.

Inaccurate, as of Gen 7:

And prior to gen 7, the child would always inherit the mother's ball. Since both species and ball are determined by the mother when breeding cross-species, you can't breed a ball onto a mon that can't otherwise be caught with that ball. You have to either start with a female in the ball you want or a male and breed it with a ditto.

Also, cherish balls and master balls can't be passed down and child mons are in regular red pokeballs even if their mothers are in one of those types.

The M is for Magikarp.

How about you just fucking kill yourself you faggot

I just like Premier, Heavy, Timer, Quick, Heal and Cherish all for the most obvious design and presentation reasons. Not surprised with my shit luck they fucked up both Premier and Timer in my eyes.

Dusk would be one of my favorites, but it's fucking ugly in everything but actual flair.

now I want an IRL pokeball
There are some cheap ones on aliexpress (0.97€/each during the 11.11 sale)
V
What material do you think pokeballs are made of?

Just wondering, haha

Game Boy cartridge plastic held together with cummies and string

This is the anime's answer, if you're really curious about it. They're made from a metallic sand-like substance, lasered and compressed into grayish metal pokeballs, and literally just spray painted to look red, white, and black. Mass produced in a huge assembly line.

The green pokeball.

Meowth is definitely a (((pokemon))), alright. Do you not see the japanese shekel he wears on his forehead?

There are several Oy vey episodes, actually.

That's Wario's underwear to you.