"Demoday Panic" edition
Resources
>>>/agdg/
>>>/vm/
Links
>Wiki: 8agdg.wikidot.com/
>Beginner's guide: >>>/agdg/29080
QUARTERLY DEMO DAY SCHEDULED FOR NOVEMBER 11TH
Polite reminder that the wiki exists, you are encouraged to contribute to it if you can (even if it's just your game page)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.blender.org/manual/en/dev/modeling/meshes/editing/vertices.html#remove-doubles
pixellogicbook.com/
blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?290760-SubSurf-applying-in-Objecs-with-Shape-Keys-(to-use-in-BGE)
blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?396688-Addon-ShapeKey-Helpers]
hastebin.com/lacoyapupi.cs
xgm.guru/forum/showthread.php?t=26088
chumba.ch/chumbalum-soft//forum/forumdisplay.php?s=033505b2129fa3c13865d2caced6f90d&f=7
a.pomf.cat/mjjxdk.ogg
blender.stackexchange.com/questions/16602/color-faces-with-wrong-normals
unity3d.com/get-unity/download/archive
unitygem.wordpress.com/shader-part-1/
en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Cg_Programming/Unity
wiki.unity3d.com/index.php?title=Shaders
trainmilfsgame.itch.io/love-on-the-peacock-express
irrlicht.sourceforge.net/docu/classirr_1_1scene_1_1_i_camera_scene_node.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimax#Minimax_theorem
wiki.polycount.com/wiki/BaseMesh
wiki.polycount.com/wiki/Limb_Topology
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digit_ratio
8agdg.wikidot.com/last-dawn
thesaurus.com/browse/party
youtube.com/watch?v=vMSHBRI3skQ
8agdg.wikidot.com/wiki:tumblr
blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/saraford/2008/04/18/did-you-know-you-can-use-f8-and-shiftf8-to-navigate-among-errors-in-the-output-window-197/
msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/y740d9d3.aspx
jp9000.github.io/OBS/sources/windowcapture.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

is it time to die, anons?

nah, it's time to sacrifice entertainment/imageboard time.

I don't understand this shit beyond that it's iterative error. I just implemented the least repetitive version of it I could find. This algorithm single-handedly made me switch to 32 bit. I guess my game will require a 386 now.

YOU CAN DO IT

I just realized furrygrowth got released 2 weeks ago. I always visited his site to remind myself not to end up the same and now he actually finished the game after 9 years.

Is there a good way to make trees that are semi-low poly but don't look like indieshit?

I have no idea why I made this in JavaScript

The indieshit looks mostly come from hard edges, as long as you shade and texture any low poly model properly it usually looks fine

wew looks pretty good though

Other than that it looks good.

To be honest, that's an intentional effect, like how when a boss explodes there's a huge slowdown to emphasize it more like here at 3:01

Indieshit tries to look like it has limitations even when it doesn't follow them all the time. Good retro art stays within limitations consistently but tries to hide them as much as possible.

The work of one who consorts with beasts is made by two or four, if you count the business department people, user. Plus they created the Humble Bundle and a few other smaller games, ending up like them before the release of Furrygrowth wouldn't be all that bad either.

Not yet user
Push forward!

Is there a good example of a low poly forest that isn't indieshit? Not too many retro games have them unless they're like 95% 2d pictures in the distance in a area you can't get to,

Don't know if embed floats your boat, the trees even respond to nearby explosions

I noticed they are mostly or all are evergreen trees. Which seems to be a theme with late90s early 00s. Like Warcraft, dungeon seige, etc. It works but I also am trying to get a variety of trees going so I can make scenes like this. Stuff like runescape , syro, etc usually just has a solid ball with a leaf texture. It seems theres nothing between that and how modern trees are done though

Was the second dude in from the beginning or did he came in later? For some reason I thought it was just one. Anyways you're right, and now that they even finished furrygrowth it's really about time i finish a game too.

You could take a look at modern LOD trees are done, especially the step between full model and 2 billboards in a cross.

anyone else start to panic at the thought of working on their game?

Lekker man, ziet er goed uit. Fancy 3d-effect, doet me denken aan Ikaruga. Ik zou wel aan je kleurenpalet werken, wat de power drops lijken verdacht veel op kogels en de kogels zijn niet echt extreem merkbaar. Geef de kogels een meet contrasterende kleur, terwijl je de power drops een meer blauw/paarse kleur geeft.

Friendly sage for non-English

I think if I keep going like this I might actually kill myself

How y'all doing? Any tips to fix your sleeping pattern so that I don't wake up in the middle of the night?

your language sounds so funny to me, i think i can understand most of it.

This is my progress on the game for demo day. Unfortunately I had to work on a homework assignment for a few days, leaving me no time to work on this, but now that's over.

Stay up late one night, might need coffee, and go to bed at a reasonable time. Might want to listen to music, or a podcast of some kind so that you wouldn't let your brain overthink stuff.
Fall asleep at a reasonable time, then, and train yourself to wake up to an alarm. That's what I do, wake myself every morning with an alarm, even if I have a day off. After so many years, I can sleep through a nuclear blast but get woken up by my phone vibrating.
As for waking up in the middle of the night, that's more rough, just might want to tire yourself out more beforehand. Again, podcasts and such help to fall asleep, since you won't let your brain think about stuff that keeps you up.
or at least that's what works for me.

>push onward anyway because if I force myself to sit through the initial boredom it becomes fun again

Have you tried just forcing yourself to repeatedly wake up at selected hour no matter what (have some bloodcurdling alarm far enough from the bed to make you get up) and then going to sleep when you get tired, but NOT earlier than about 7 hours before waking time? I never had much problem with sleeping but this always helped when my sleeping pattern started drifting forward.

Trust me user, Dutch is not a fun language to learn. Understanding is a different matter, we have deep Germanic roots, including Latin-based languages and English plays a large part is it too. This makes it easy to understand, but hard to spell and speak properly. Plus, most of us sound like we are choking when we speak Dutch.

Work out hard and take a shower before bed. Make sure your bedroom isn't too warm.

the awkward moment when agdg threads turn into self improvement threads. why did they get banned on pol?

Honestly what is anyone's excuse at this point to not finish their game?

What if you already finished your game? Can you just relax since you're no longer a nodev?

The mods are shit. Mark's a big fag and an embarrassing leader, but at least he tries to appeal to Holla Forums. Imkampfy never addresses his shortcomings or talks to Holla Forums.

Any way to flatten a surface in Blender that doesn't require me to use the Flatten Brush? If I use flatten it just starts deleting faces, and if I select single edges and bring them forward to remove the indentation it just ends up looking weird.

If I delete them and refill the holes the UV map breaks completely.

Nevermind I was using smooth, not flatten

Smooth shouldn't be removing anything. Have you turned dyntopo off?

Where's and what's that

It's telling me to go the options panel to find it but there's nothing there called like that
At this point I'm starting to wonder if I'm just fucking retarded and the fault isn't Blender's

It's in tools. Dyntopo automatically subdivides the mesh you're sculpting so you can add more detail as you zoom in. Smoothing shouldn't remove vertices.

What said.
Although dyntopo also removes faces, depending on the settings.

Dyntopo was off, I'll turn it on and try it out

If it's off, then no vertices are deleted.

I mean it happened, dunno what to say

Obligatory

Yeah I don't fucking know, sculpting in blender seems to just randomly disconnect faces and edges randomly on my model

Are you sure they're connected and not just two vertices that happen to be near each other?
Sculpting without dyntopo only deforms.
Maybe you do some funny stuff with modifiers?

That seems to be what it is, I was just testing it now.

Model isn't mine, I downloaded it, so I didn't know. Is there any way to connect edges and vertices that overlap automatically?

Go into vertex mode, select the vertices you want to modify, W, R. You can use the properties or F6 to adjust the distance.

Yeah… There's a lot that are disconnected. Enough to make it impossible to do it by hand.

automatically:
docs.blender.org/manual/en/dev/modeling/meshes/editing/vertices.html#remove-doubles

careful with the merge distance.

It tells you how many it connected.

Remove doubles doesn't seem to be doing anything and I can't use the decimate modifier because I have shape keys

Do you have the vertices selected? Have you adjusted the merge distance?

kind of interesting that way.

I can't find an option to select merge distance, I only have a button with "Remove Doubles" and there's no settings

You aren't exactly familiar with Blender, are you, user?
The settings for your current operation can always be found on the bottom left or be brought into the viewport with F6.

I've stayed away from it up until now because I honestly cannot understand its interface at all.

This seems to work but It again forces me to select all the vertices which will take me ages.
Fuuuuuuuuuuck

It is hard to find good trees for some reason. I'd recommend getting some good bark textures and some leaves you can place on a single texture. Make the trunk, and then the leaves are just double-sided planes. You will want LOD and even a drop to billboards at a point when creating a forest.

You can use C or B.

Also go into wireframe view. It allows you to select vertices through surfaces

You're welcome. Now time to blackout.

user, you need to kill yourself with kindness, because if you don't then who will?

Still need to redo the vest, but how do these tools look now?

anybody else here ever have to make a quake mod for a hw assignment? Like jump boots?

Just bones, proper topology, and nice weights.

>select all verts
just use A in edit mode…
Of if u mean "all" of a part of your mesh, then toggle the "limit selection of depth buffer" off, and use C (circle select) or B (box select).
Or, use the different select menu options (inverse selection, side of active, mirror selection, etc).

I'm getting an odd issue for specific animations when I import into unity from blender.
The issue is animations that have a slight rotation of my hip/chest bones. So, it'd be like, slightly tilted over to be "leaning" into a run; which is removed in unity when I import from blender.
When I import into unity, a "leaning" animation is set to stay fully in an upright position, without any tilt I had in the animation within blender; which is odd.
Here's things that I know are not causing the issues:

Funny thing is that I can "fix" it by just importing my model with only that animation.
As the "first" animation/pose upon exporting changes all the following animations listed after in the action editor (so, say my t-pose is first, it keeps all animations upright, if my "leaning run" is first, all my animations have that "lean"/rotation).
I'd prefer to be able to just import all my animations at once, so if u anons have an answer lmk, but if not i'll just do the janky method.

sounds like your missing some keyframes on those bones. but if that is not the case… then you can import animations separately by (after importing the blend file into unity) ctrl+D and duplicate the animations off the blend file and move them into a separate folder(or leave them there) then delete and re import the same blend file with new animations and repeat the possess.

I made a thing. I hope you like it.

Also, someone posted PDFs of this in the last bread:
pixellogicbook.com/
Link has free PDFs of each chapter.

You can reset your sleep cycle using your food cycle. Just pull an all-nighter without consuming anything except water, then eat a breakfast in the morning and continue with your day as normal. I've done it a few times myself and it works miracles. Also, remember that breakfast is the most important meal of the day because that is what prevents your sleep cycle from drifting later.

Those are trips user, keep up.

don't listen to me i'm retarded

if you figure it out please share i'm having the same issue now if a bit different. seems unity has a nasty fucking habit of filling out your animations with extra fucking key frames. even if lets say you want a crouch animation to play on top of other animations just moving the pelvis down and bending the back a bit will inherit key frames from somewhere the fuck else.

is godot any good yet?

It's like poetry

Fukyu Duin?

How are these titties?
General-shape-wise, I'm aware there's no nipple on the big ones

Should I make them droopier?

Posting from my phone because mark banned me for telling people to stop derailing threads with pol shit. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother posting on threads outside of /agdg/

I think the nips need to be a little lower, other than that it's fine.

a) nice a solid 9 out of 11
b) depends if your are going to animate them at all. current sag seem appropriate but are they going to jiggle while xer runs? (i don't want to assume your OC's gender)

It's impressive, honestly. I'm curious how you did it, are you using shape keys?

It didn't have shape keys for tits, so I just made a new one and started using the sculpting tools to get them bigger

It's not great but it's alright.
I'm trying to use one model for every main char I have. So far I only thickened up the thighs, enlarged the breasts and added a shape key for pregnancy.

Gonna do ass, height, arms etc later

If you're hoping for a seamless import process then fuck no.

Ok so I fixed the issue… sort of.
So instead of importing the fbx file, I just imported the .blend file, and all my animations were correct.
So the issue is definitely my FBX export setting in blender, and I'll mess with those so I can just export using the FBX exporter as it's a way better workflow than using a single blend file.

yeah, myn kept trying to start at -1 which is odd, but other than that it's all normal.

Humm, I'm not getting any of that.
Though, i do all of my animation blending + curves in unity so doing that blender side may be causing issues with the model exporter/importer (u may need to mess with the blender fbx exporter settings).

small looks correct, but larger looks like they're on an old lady or some giant breasts.
They need a bit more perkiness on the top of the breast to look natural (roundness, look at the fourth panel in linked .jpg).

Trying to export my model I get this error.
Where can I find my modifiers so I can delete them?

in export settings just click, "don't apply modifiers", it's in the "Geometries" tab for the FBX exporter.
Matters what format you're exporting to, but FBX is best if u have any animations/blendshapes/etc.
Also, to find modifiers, then click the mesh in object mode, and click the wrench icon in the panel to the left below the scene hierarchy.
Also, use the blender docs :^)

woops…

What if there are no modifiers there and I can't disable them in the exporter

OK
So I fixed FIXED the issue.
Seems I need to select "Key All Bones" in the FBX exporter settings so the non-keyed bones for posi/rot/scale doesn't apply between different animations.
Guess you were right, in your initial post but not for the animation itself (checked there), but for the exporter settings.

Then u have some other meshes with modifiers (be it on different layers, or hidden as a sub-mesh).
Find the meshes, and disable/remove the modifiers.

also try exporting just the "selected objects" (in exporter settings), and u can see if those objects selected are getting an error or not; then u can find the specific object with the issues.

What tricks do you guys do to prevent burnout and destroying other facets of your life like college?

My model seems to have a bunch of these collision modifiers
However when I go to the physics tab and click on "X Collision" while having everything selected, nothing seems to happen and they're not removed

what do

nigga u gotta start jewgling stuff before u ask here kek
Ok, go into the scene hierarchy, and navigate to the mesh, then open up the sub hierarchy with the + sign (left of mesh name), and open up the modifiers sub-hierarchy (wrench icon, with the + to the left); then right click the collision mods to open the options menu, and select delete.
rinse repeat for each

Yeah that's what I did, I googled, I followed what they told me, and the thing just comes back.

Original game had fire, water, ice, and motion tiles, and they were passed with fire extinguisher, life preserver, skates, and suction boots, respectively (not unlike Chip's Challenge, which had flippers).

However, is there a "better" item than boots or a fire extinguisher? It seems off-theme, but I'm okay with using it if I have to.

I also have a Magnet to pull objects, and a Curse/Jinx item that prevents you from collecting objects, but I don't know if it should be a skull or a lightning bolt

that's not what i told u, re-read what i said, use the scene hierarchy

There's too much stuff in my hierarchy I can't even find it fuck

u can use the crappy search bar for the scene hierarchy (upper right corner of scene hierarchy).
look up, "collision", and then just delete them using the same process as I outlined (right click and delete in scene hierarchy).

Didn't even notice there was a search bar there

I did it but they just seem to come back at random, don't know why

I think having a giant weight would be a good replacement for suction boots. Bucket of water instead of fire extinguisher maybe? Not sure about that one.

Actually I could have roller skates for +speed and a weight for reduced speed as well.

Fire extinguisher is "tacky" but I mean my aesthetic is all over the place aside from "light fantasy(?)"

odd, humm, I'm not really sure user.
maybe try applying the modifier instead, and trying to export again.
Although… why can't u export with fbx and just select the "don't apply modifiers" in the geometries tab?

Can't apply the modifier because it has shape keys
Also I'm not exporting as FBX, I'm exporting as JSON, long story.

ok…
duplicate model, delete shape keys, apply modifiers, and copy shape keys to duplicated model w/modifiers applied.
done
Before u do the copying of shape keys though, make sure exporting works… so:
duplicate model, delete shape keys, apply mods, export to see if it works. if yes, then copy shapekeys from original model w/shapekeys using guide below.

guide on copying shape keys:
blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?290760-SubSurf-applying-in-Objecs-with-Shape-Keys-(to-use-in-BGE)

also, u can just use this addon:
blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?396688-Addon-ShapeKey-Helpers]

Tried deleting everything and applying it and it does export.
I'm gonna try doing your thing.

When you say "Duplicate" you mean Shift + D?

yah

The addon doesn't seem to appear in my addon list, so I'm just gonna go the complicated way

Aaaaand this happens when I apply the modifier

Alright nevermind, I've got a backup of this without all the shape keys that exports. Guess I'll just go back and remake them in that fuck it

Fire extinguisher!
Mine on left, theirs on right

It's never easy, is it?

Yours looks better if I'm being honest.

What kind of game are you making?

the right one is better as an icon

I don't understand

Sounds like direction isn't updating when it should

everything is generated when you click,, so one shot should be completely, 100% unrelated to another, yet somehow they're dependent on the last one

Looks impressive. What libraries did you use and how long did it take?

Trust me user, Dutch is not a fun language to learn.
That's not what that means, Dutchfag.

record a video I wanna see this

these "games" are shit and should not be in the thread

Looks like the same baiter appears in all recent threads… Well, at least he tries to stir up shit differently each time

Great post

Well, turns out my desktop was running a version of OBS like 2-3 years out of date, the new one is pretty slick and actually works with my even older laptop which is rad.

Anyways, how do these fires look?

It looks like a typical fire. :^)

fires don't look like that, ever seen a fire? it burns shit into ash which creates smoke and it's fucking hot and whips around fast too.

ID trips demand video, post.

Flashes gray when I fire

hastebin.com/lacoyapupi.cs

Acts the same way if I have multiple cannons, too

is billboarding dead? obviously everything had to useit back before 3D hardware took off, but I liked the look of it. Seems like people just see it as an inferior version of 3D models and nothing else. And trees don't count, nigger.

use your imagination

Took about three weeks using THREE.js, and Tween.js for the camera movement in the intro. Background objects were made in Blender and reused as chunks for how long I deemed fit, whereas the final cavernous area is actually just a torus constantly rotating around itself to give off a looping effect. The simpler geometry for enemy and player models could be made on the spot using THREE.js itself, with the exception being the player ship.

no, shadow warrior 2 still uses billboarding, you just have to have a keen eye for it

It's dead

ok it's dead, if anything it's probably better to just pack more detail into the skybox

Maybe I'll just hide for a while and pretend I wasn't here for demoday

I guess the question is that if I build a world while learning to model and draw, could I eventually piece together a proof of concept with UE4 blueprints? Also alternate question: could I piece together an entire 3D platformer with blueprints alone?

I'm sorry for asking this shit

Workin on the berserk fists next, primary rapidly throws out punches that ends with a haymaker after enough punches thrown, the fists sap health with each hit landed, secondary is gonna be a lunge that instantly throws the haymaker if you collide with an enemy.
Once the weapon is done I'll implement it as a mechanic where you have to build rage up before triggering it as a temporary power

Is this a .wad or a fully fledged game?
Either way, I've seen you posting your stuff here for awhile and I'm excited to try out a playable release. Lookin' good, user.

Just a big gameplay mod, overhauls the combat and tweaks the monsters. I got plans for the playable characters I've been working on for future standalone games, but I gotta finish GMOTA first.
Also I made the punches better.

Oh and you guys will have a playable demo of this update come demoday, no playable Doomslayer, sadly, but Blaz is also great.

user, you could make a more shitton times more fun game as your coding/dev learning project by making a clone of boulder dash.

m_cannonBall.transform.position = m_fireSpot.transform.position; m_cannonBall.GetComponent().m_vel = GetFireAngle().normalized;
there's your problem. Look closely at which object's position and velocity you modify.

If you don't count trees, then I guess you won't count particles either.

I think EDF uses billboards for enemies at large distances, which is part of why they can have so many of them at once.

Morning, lads.

Morning. I hope you're going to have a productive day. Demo day is soon.

Thanks for the reminder and encouragement. Time to get off my ass and AGDG!

What are you working on?

Is there any reason to switch over to Game Maker Studio 2 if i'm already using GMS?

Haven't tested it much on the programming front, but as an art guy I've found that its tiling editor is objectively superior. GMS2 has built-in autotiling features, which is having the ability to "paint" things like cliffs and paths rather than placing all the tiles individually. Using it makes constructing huge RPG maps a lot more efficient and less time-consuming. It's for this reason alone that we plan to switch to GMS2 for our project once we've made a bit more programming progress. It just has a handful of features that are so powerful we'd be shooting ourselves in the foot not using them.

A codefag who's spent more time in GMS2 could tell you better though. If there was something in it that was undesirable you could still make use of the powerful level editor by making all the rooms in GMS2 and printscreening them into backgrounds that could be imported back into GMS.

Nothing. He is just coming here to blog.

FFT clone.

Any of you art guys ever use Aseprite or PyxelEdit as an outside sprite art program besides the regular GMS2 sprite editor?

GM's sprite editor is fucking garbage. Can't speak for GMS2. I know it has some neat animation utility, but using it still seems redundant if you're already fairly literate in better, more powerful image editing software.

I personally just use photoshop for everything. Never heard of PyxelEdit, it seems interesting.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.
Maybe I'll make demo day after all.

Making a Max Payne map

I figured out how to add weather

I use both. Aseprite is fantastic for character sprites and animation, since I switched from an ancient version of Graphics Gale I haven't looked back.
PyxelEdit has a really useful tiling function that lets you "build" a level on your canvas, edit individual tiles and have them update real time. Keep in mind it doesn't work for isometric stuff with an offset grid, but for sidescrollers or top down stuff it's extremely handy.

Never used the GMS sprite editor since it seems like an afterthought. I'd imagine it's really janky to use.

Actually I'm aiming to have most elements of Supaplex available for demo day, if I can. The game I'm cloning (SubTerra) was actually designed to work with most games of that genre, in addition to Chips Challenge and a few others.

What do you mean by this?

I probably phrased that poorly, I meant a grid that's not square. Isometric tiles (and probably stuff like dimetric?) adhere to a diamond shaped grid so the tiling function doesn't work very well since the program is set up for square tiles.

Thanks for the quick rundown. I'll definitely check out both when I get back home. The guy who was telling me about Aseprite earlier says you can compile the source yourself instead of throwing down shekels for it. But from what I understand both programs are fairly cheap.

No problem.
Yeah you can compile it yourself, I think someone in /agdg/ did like a year ago for an older version. But it's like $15 if you buy it. I think PyxelEdit was about as cheap on humblebundle one time, I don't remember when I got it though.

Do those american helmets look right? One is meant to he plain Kevlar and the other is draped in camouflage. Ignore the straps and heads, they're there just to provide context.

That's a shame. I'd like to have one that works with isometric, since I'm working on an iso test project right now.

The flames are mediocre and static, yet servicable. Flames should be dynamic and almost fluid, flickering and dancing about

!!!

I'm not a military person, but for the average joe like myself it looks fine.

When unadorned, it's a bit rounder and taller. The flatness comes from camo.

The protrusion covering the ear is a bit different shaped too, a bit more round than the real one.
Minor details tho, not sure if its even worth the bother of fixing them to be honest.

Thanks for that. Not knowing why some examples were flatter and some rounder bugged me the whole time. I always get paranoid when modeling utility items. That I'll change some detail that has a proper reason for looking certain way, but I'll just deem it as random.

I tried to base it on this photo. It's probably just a different model but I'll check more examples to make sure it's not camo again.
As of now I'm just doing it for fun and practice but I'll probably use this in the future so no point in cutting corners, especially on something so simple.

Woooo! You're back! People asked about you. Please post places we can find you and add your thing to the wiki pretty please

Here's what I am basing it off of. If I was trying to stay true to the original, I think it looks accurate. But I agree that in general the animation could be better. I basically made it out of different little pieces and cobbled them together each frame

I'm not seeing it, user

But again that's just using billboards as inferior models. Not for their own sake.

you mean graveyard
anything that gets released is tantamount to a zombie

the fuck is this even supposed to mean

Yes, you could. Blueprints is powerful enough for that.

Managed to export my model as a JSON, apparently the exporter was just fucking broken so I had to get into the code and wrestle with python for a while

I figured out how to import a model from 3dsmax into Max Payne 2. It wasn't very straight forward since the only documentation I found on how to do this was on some Russian website. It took a bunch of fiddling to finally import and have collision.

I also had to figure out on my own how to make it into a prefab since that wasn't explained. Apparently most of the more complicated objects in this game were made this way.

Always thought Max Payne 2 had really solid documentation

Also can anybody help me with this? Blender inverted all my faces, and selecting everything and presing CTRL+N doesn't seem to invert them

help

I'm not really into gamedev, but I'd like to help. I can translate some shit for you if ya want.

Would giving him boxing gloves be too cheesy? I think it would be fun.

It looks like fire just fine, but if you want the fire to look more dynamic, change the sprite so it goes from having 3 wisps merged into 2 or 1 and back.

It doesn't explain everything. Like I have a ton of questions I only really got answered by asking people. Like how to spawn weather or the nuances of the level editor.

Learning how to do this sort of thing really helps more in the long run since I don't have to worry about wasting time making complex shapes with booleans like you normally would. It's also only possible to do via 3dsmax 5.1. It can't be done in any earlier or later version of the program. Nor can it be done using milkshape. (Which can only import/export character/weapon models)

I mostly use Google Translate. There is this this one tutorial I found on importing models via milkshape that's slightly confusing reading via Google translate
xgm.guru/forum/showthread.php?t=26088

select the mesh, go into edit mode, press A (select all), and then go to the Shading/ UVs tab on the left side menu; select "Flip Direction" under the "Normals:" part
select mesh, go into edit mode, press A, and press space (open dynamic context menu), search "flip normals", and click it

probably sounds like it would be a good modding resource for others, and it may be a good idea to do some documentation if you want to get serious about modding that game.
U could start a page on the wiki, like "max payne modding", and post your resources, tips, and such things.
Though there may be some type of wiki already out there for the max payne modding scene.

I've actually been steadily reposting shit I've found on moddb. Some of which I only found via archives and links that are now dead.

The Max Payne modding scene used to be huge and had a lot of overlap with the Half-Life modding scene. (The creator of They Hunger/USS Darkstar apparently even had a page devoted to it) but entirely vanished due to the fansites that used to host this sort of stuff going down. It's hard to even find evidence that there used to even be a community in the first place. It's similar to a bunch of other games like F.E.A.R used to have a pretty big modding community that also went the way of the dinosaur.

I wanna make my own tutorials albeit I'm mostly just figuring stuff out still.

Looks fine. Maybe the error's with your perception.

For some reason this didn't work for 5 times then it suddently did.
Dunno, thanks

Nigga you need glasses

Holy shit that's a lot of text and a lot of runet/modeling jargon. The first guy replying says he'd read this exact text about 6 months ago, so this might be easier if I look for the "original" tutorial.
Found this forum on the MilkShape 3D modeling software, since the guy explaining it is talking about it:
chumba.ch/chumbalum-soft//forum/forumdisplay.php?s=033505b2129fa3c13865d2caced6f90d&f=7

I'll let you know if I find anything that resembles this tutorial, otherwise I'll go ahead and try translating it.

I get the gist of it, it's just awkward reading it

For future reference Flip Normals is in the "W" (Specials) menu. So the keyboard shortcut is W->F. Shortcuts are essential to using Blender efficiently.

I've long given up on ever doing that

dude get the fuck out with that shit wtf

i wrote a thing in openmpt
a.pomf.cat/mjjxdk.ogg

Somethings off aesthetically, but I cant quite figure it out…

Yo, Ive been struggling to find good rips, ended up having to rip them myself. Mind sharing?

Yeah I don't know, it seems like I can't just point all my normals out.

Even if I use "Recalculate Outside", the result is exactly the same as "Flip Normals". I dunno if I'm doing something wrong myself

Use the "Make Normals Consistent" in the dynamic context menu.
Or, u can color faces with wrong facing normals and display normals to manually edit them if the above doesn't work.
Guide/info:
blender.stackexchange.com/questions/16602/color-faces-with-wrong-normals

I fixed it manually, thanks tho

The enemies' movements immediately made me think of that. Sounds interesting.

Those assets are actually all hand-made by myself. Though they're obviously Mother-derived (and I will admit that I had a good deal of Mother 3 tiles open next to me while I worked) they're not carbon copies and I'd rather keep them for myself until the game is released. Sorry. I scoured Google to find my references, you're best off looking in places like starmen.net.

What is immediately apparent to me is that the character is a bit too tall. I'm more used to bodies in the Mother stye looking more squat. It doesn't look half-bad, though, from a stylistic perspective, so if that's what you're going for the next best way you can improve this sheet is to make the character's walk look a little less stiff. As it stands it looks like kind of a board bobbing up and down; you could easily fix this by adding some more lateral swing to the arms. Have them arc out a bit. That extra swing will give your figure a good deal more intent and direction, it communicates the action better. See pic related for an example of what I'm talking about, it's a simple walk for a character in my project.

Normally I'm all for goofy shit, but I want to make the Doomslayer's berserk fists an actual threatening state for the character, give the player the feeling that they're decimating shit while in this enraged state. So no boxing gloves.

Could always add goofy ass boxing gloves and a DING DING sound, along with punchout sound effects to another project of mine I plan on updating after I get this GMOTA update out.

Thanks for the tips. Ive been struggling with walking cycles (mostly north and south) for a while now, but now that you pointed it out I can see what I can do to improve it. Thankfully, Im still at a stage where it shouldnt be that much work.

And one of the things that also looked off to me was her color scheme. I think theres a lack of contrast, so Im gonna throw a red flower on her.

At first they were the 32x32 squat style, but after some issues regarding the engine I was using, namely that everything looked way too fucking small, I decided to re-do what work I had done but a bit larger. Pic related.

But when it still looked too fucking small, I said fuck it and decided to keep them tall.

Oh, impresive. I guess Ill have to keep on making my own tileset at least for the time being.

someone make a ultra realistic mech simulation game tbh

If it's "ultra realistic" you can just leave out the mechs entirely.

how about drown your self in aids instead my friend tbh

then make it.
nobody really knows what u want, only u do, and they won't fulfill what you actually want in their endevour of making an "ultra realistic mech simulation game".

but you can totally read my mind before I even made up my mind though

Is there anyone here who know Cg very well? While trying to customize this CRT shader I feel like I've gone down a rabbit hole and there's no turning back. I really wanna add halation and blur to really tie the look together but I haven't got a clue and there seems to be extremely limited resources on how to write shit in Cg.

Regarding the color scheme on the other character, I actually don't mind it. I think you could benefit from using less bold lines on the details of the clothing. As a rule of thumb I try to only use solid black lines on the contour of the sprite (disregarding facial details), and use a darker iteration of the clothing's primary color for actual inner details. So in places like the top of your character's boots, on the edges of their torso and the bottom of their shirt, try using dark blues instead of blacks. It might help make it look less visually cluttered.
That sprite on the bottom looks fucking great. What's your project, user?

If you were anonymous, how would they know?
Check and mate.

Some redditor or other cuckold might be lurking here and snitch on us.
Discriminate against our entry, not us.

I know, I'm just shitposting because I don't want to work on my game right now

I'm too lazy atm to help with shaders so I'll give u stuff to read.
most of the unity shaders out there are in cg
there's cg docs, and plenty of tutorials out there on writing cg shaders.
here's a few links
unity3d.com/get-unity/download/archive
unitygem.wordpress.com/shader-part-1/
en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Cg_Programming/Unity
wiki.unity3d.com/index.php?title=Shaders

trainmilfsgame.itch.io/love-on-the-peacock-express

Progress on rouge commander, the ground troops now shoot you. You can't shoot back yet, though. Also, game over's are not implemented yet.

Thanks man. I'll give this stuff a read. Just trying to understand what functions and stuff I have available. I've been trying to "port" Cg shaders I've found elsewhere into Unity with little success so hopefully I can get a better grip.

ok, so thinking about this (in hindsight), you can fix this via selecting the "Key All Bones" option in the FBX exporter animation tab.

I is make FTP thing work i are a lot of smart :)

Slow the background down, it should be slower than the foreground.
Other than that it looks good.

forward touching penises? pretty smart tbh

reverse heli attack from the flash days

Noted, i've slowed it down now and you're right, it does look nicer.

I remember that game, even though I didn't play it as much as some of the other games.

Luckily, this isn't in flash, its all in C. The game's size is still 162kb.

How do you make a good card game AI?

Shouldn't it be rogue commander?

One of my sprite sheets is like, 8-10 kb, because I decided to be autistic about the size and index it and shit

I ditched the jabs in favor of those absurd haymakers, I think this turned out for the better.

Does any one knows how to completely clear an UV unwrap in blender? I want to remove UV coordinates just for these two faces.

(checked)
U>Reset

This resets the coordinates, but does not remove them. Resetting is how i got the edges textured perfectly.

I might have an idea why your previous quick punches looked off. When the punch is thrown it goes off center when it reaches it's target. It looks good for slower powerful hit because it implies that the fist is like a heavy mace, it smashes and keeps going to the side because of inertia. This animation looks worse on lighter faster punches because they lack weight and therefore there not going to the side because of their power but because they're executed wrongly try punching very fast from the sides, it's hard and uncomfortable.

Embed related, the guy's fists are like pistons - they go mostly forward and backward, a little bit down and up, they always hit the same spot and they never cross his center.

i don't suppose anyone knows how move the camera in irrlicht, all i really need is a simple setPosition/getPosition
but i still don't really understand how this engine works.

Yeah, but unfortunately, realistic movements often look like shit for vidya. I mean for example, realistically if you fought with with a sword and shield, you would NEVER lower your shield as you strike out, you'd keep it up to guard yourself. But that doesn't look very good in vidya.
The jabs also lacked weight in general, and there wasn't much I could do with that. So I've ditched it all in favor of something more exaggerated, but ultimately with better feedback.

DId you look at the docs?
irrlicht.sourceforge.net/docu/classirr_1_1scene_1_1_i_camera_scene_node.html

would any modeller here want to practice doing a character in my game? using the default mannequin gets boring

yeah i did this class doesn't contain set or get position

Depends on the cardgame obviously, but generally you can start off with the chess method. You have a rating function that rates a given game state with a score, and then calculate every permutation of possible moves to pick the one that leads to the state with the highest score. This branches off into a tree and depending on the game it can quickly get very complex. Also depending on the game you have to take the enemy turns into account, read more here:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimax#Minimax_theorem

actually i just noticed it inherits from ISceneNode which does have those members

neat

o hai mark

Finished up some of the base walls, I guess. Various rounded corners (I can't do a hard outline because they might merge with other wall tiles), a one-time use dirt passage, a glass wall that allows lasers through, a star block and fragile wall (which can be destroyed by falling rocks or by touching the star), reinforced wall (two explosions to remove), an embedded wall (can contain "any" object at level start), and two exits

Oh shit, cool. Maybe I won't need to kill myself after all.

Sorry, I meant to include this line too:
var b = Instantiate(m_cannonBall);
So: here we have GameObject b based on the prefab m_cannonBall, correct?
Then, you set the position and velocity of prefab m_cannonBall:
m_cannonBall.transform.position = m_fireSpot.transform.position;m_cannonBall.GetComponent().m_vel = GetFireAngle().normalized;
But, m_cannonBall was not the result of Instantiate, so m_cannonB is not the object you have in your world.
It was 'b' that you instantiated into the game world. So, what you probably wanted to do is:
b.transform.position = m_fireSPot.transform.position
b.GetComponent().m_vel = GetFireAngle().normalized;

Silly question, but can you make a JRPG lateral combat system easily in gamemaker? I have no experience programing except for a few variables crap I did in RPG maker years ago.

fucking hell, how the fuck do i do this now? no, im not modeling the dick

model the dick

REEEEEEEEEE

edge loops that match with the groin,why do you need reference pictures? but even if you chose not to give her a feminine dick your going to need to give her a bulge and work around that having something there is important for the overall topology.

its a male character, if it was female it would have some extra booty

spending hours shaping the perfect male ass… what are you gay?

I wish the reference had diagonal view too

The player will spend a lot of time looking at that, im not trying to go full Metal Gear, but it should look accurate

step 1 should be widening the front and giving "him" a bulge. personally i prefer to work up form some base extrusion then cut the extra loops in as needed. but i'm just a nodev with like 5 abandoned projects under my belt.

fuck what was the hotkey for flipping one normal on Blender? got a few parts of the hatchecks inverted

Select the face in edit mode.
W-F

W-F?
you mean shift+W and shift+F? neither worked
I did manually clicking in the Flip Direction button which also does not tell the hotkey when you mouseover it

MODEL THAT BULGE
NOTICE THE BULGE
LOVE THE BULGE

aeon flux is ok tbh

No, just W and F. W should open the 'specials' menu and F should be the hotkey for Flip Normals. Your mouse needs to be inside the 3D view. What version of Blender are you using?

oh i see, i was trying with shift
but i was looking for a single button hotkey, i remember it having one

im using v2.79 btw

But I never left. I'm just really self conscious about posting my stuff. Sorry.

Hey it was not THAT hard in the end, now feet

What is this, WikiHow: the Anime?

An RPG Maker game. Just some regular fantasy adventure with a few twists that I decided to develop for a niche market on a whim.

Do you have any tips for giving black haired characters more detail? Outside of maybe using lighting.

Step 1: Learn. No need to reinvent the wheel.
wiki.polycount.com/wiki/BaseMesh

Im already on the hands dude

Of course you should make your own mesh you dingus, i am just telling you to learn character topology from artists who already went through that. You'll be in a world of pain once you start animating yours trust me, so at least read this: wiki.polycount.com/wiki/Limb_Topology

Oh, sorry

Morning lads.

Morning~

Yes, just use a single ring of highlights around the head to denote a bit of lighting. Something like the middle character in that sprite lineup in my last post. On characters with dark hair, it goes a long way in adding some extra detail.

Good luck user.

I could probably get some of the size back by linking libwebp and storing WEBP instead of uncompressed RGBA data and then running through the EXE packer to compress it. Although i'm unsure if i'm at such a threshold that

I spelled it wrong and i'm too lazy to correct it

How are the finger proportions?

inb4 ring finger longer than index means you're gay discussion

There is a correlation in regards to hormones:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digit_ratio
And this is relevant for e65cbf:

means higher testosterone, so it would be the opposite, longer index would be the "gay" configuration

My codefriend kept telling me not to code in useless shit like item levels and gore systems for the game.

This is what happened when he returned to devving after 4 months.

monsters doing a ballet impression.
smh tbh

I know it;s supposed to be one of those black triangle moments and it actually will allow for an element of stealth in game, something I never saw in an aRPG
but he expects me to tweak and balance this on my own which is kinda infuriating

Could anyone answer my question?

Or is it so stupid it doesn't even deserve a reply?

yeah

Autumn Willow dev is pretty advanced in GM. I don't work with it so I can't tell ya.

Oh…

I'll search stuff about Autumn Willow to see how it goes.

Thanks SHODAN.

what do you mean with lateral? you mean something like Valkyrie Profile dungeon crawling? or the combat in Tales of Eternia?

I fucked up. I meant Last Dawn dev…

8agdg.wikidot.com/last-dawn

I mean 2d side combat like most SNES games.

I want to make a combat system with limb location and cover for proyectiles.

I'll have to check. Thanks SHODAN.

This is my progress, you can now shoot back. I'll implement game overs later and make level one just this for three minutes.

can i drop commies out onto the other commies?

This. Where are the free helicopter rides at, 591z92?

How would you guys name a Mario Party clone without using the word "party"?

This feature is in the works. If you drive your helicopter over a still breathing commie, they will be captured. Then in the level end sequence, they will be dropped out of the heli if you haven't dropped them out of the heli during the level.

Orgy

What do you guys think of my state machine for a melee enemy?

Depends on the theme you use.

Bored Game?

:D

(checked)
By checking out synonyms for party.
thesaurus.com/browse/party

Is the helicopter going in circles or have the commies started to overrule laws of perspective?

Mario Meetup :^)

This could be used to make some really cool behavior based on whether the player is detected/undetected, but does an ARPG really need detection based on field of view? Sneaking seems like the opposite of action.

I think it's worth to try adding an action-stealth element as an experiment. I don't think anyone tried it.

But I only came to this conclusion AFTER he added the unplanned feature.

I told him to add shit like reacting to skills hitting them (like in the demo). I told him to replace the ballet with basic patrol routes (like Diablo monsters). I told him to use raycast in case there's a wall between the character and the enemy (like Diablo mod Beelzebub). He refuses to add this because MUH CODE.

And he likes them spinning around like retards.

Sneaking up behind knights in Dark Souls to backstab them doesn't count?

Sounds rather easy to do in GM, would most likely be a lot easier than modding RPGMaker to do the same.

Toys I guess, so, "toybox something"?

By ARPG he means diablo clones.

Pic related I guess. Otherwise, things are going well, I think. It's mostly reworking systems and moving shit around so I can "do" things

pulse rose at this post

flip normals doesn't have one, recalculate normals does.
ctrl+n
ctrl+shift+n

Kind of annoying, but at least I'm getting used to Blender and exporting .dae's

holy shit, you're right, thanks user
why the fuck does changing the stored prefab's values even work?

Why does unity let me do this to myself

Why would you ever use "billboards for their own sake" though? The whole point of billboarding is to create a performance-efficient visual that sacrifices graphical fidelity. Even real-life billboards don't face you everywhere you go.

Doki Doki Literature Club is half of those tags and definitely isn't pozzed. There's no need to make excessively broad generalizations.

I'm guessing the Instantiate method creates a copy of the object parameter and adds it to the level. When you modify m_cannonBall, these modifications show up in the next shot you take.
If you want to test this, replace your current code with
m_cannonBall.transform.position = m_fireSpot.transform.position;m_cannonBall.GetComponent().m_vel = GetFireAngle().normalized;var b = Instantiate(m_cannonBall);
(If this works, you could also get rid of the variable capture and delete the var b part, since you're not using it.)

I hate programming so much

ok, lets see…
choose your own adventure books are !realGame
see above
HAH, go insert your "gender politics" and "gender neutral bathrooms" elsewhere
rest are fine

DDLC is Ren'Py and doesn't have fags.

My current client is out of town and I am running out of commissions so here I am shilling my work, I made the mesh following the sketch I was given, my animation work is still a little sloppy but improving once I get a hold of IK stuff.

So, small commissions are accepted, props, simple meshes, simple animations, etc., my texturing is still not good enough to exhibit.

this is a horrible place to shill, the only one of us who has expendable money spent all of it on an anime abomination

A $2,000 anime abomination no less.

One of us had expendable money? You're right, though. If I could afford to pay the artfags enough that they'd be excited to work, I would.

Game Dev is gonna be fucking great next year.

Wait, did the file go through?

I downgraded my project to 2d because of the waiting also unrelated pic

I obviously wasn't referring to LGBT as not pozzed. Twine is pozzed too, although Free Cities Pregmod is nice. As for VN's, let's agree to disagree.

It says "File Deleted" here.

Check the YT video then, it doesn't let me post it again.

uninspired/10
needs more unrelated gears and pipes coming from nowhere
no idea of the size but if it is an scuttle bug it has no propulsion engine or means for take off. if it is bigger it lacks the intimidation factor, pic related

Man, I only made it following my client's design.

agreed.
thou to clarify they're not "pozzed". It's that they're not really video games.

u may want to try a different codec when encoding.
preferably use the older vp8 not the latest vp9 as there's widely varying support for the newer codecs.

I used the well known WEBM Converter, BTW, I can't believe that thing was made following the same concept art my client gave to me.

i use xmedia recode, works well

I'll check it, anyway, still shilling myself, need shekels and I have room for one or two small commissions.

hexapods have a particular pattern of walking that you are not fallowing. with 2 sets of legs stepping at a time. that is mimicked by most diy hexipods. this produces a triangle for a base that provides the most stability while really not being "all that" complicated.

in case vid does not embed youtube.com/watch?v=vMSHBRI3skQ

Oh well, maybe next time.

I'll take it

So I'm pretty sure that Twitter is better than Tumblr for blogging / building a following. For one, Twitter is #8 in traffic and Tumblr is like #52, so just in terms of sheer numbers and normalfag exposure, you're more likely to get noticed.

Twitter also seems more fluid and easier to use, and I seem to pick up followers just by commenting on whatever indie gamedev bots repost (eg, Looks nice!, etc).

I mean I'll be using both, but probably putting main project notes on an itch.io page when it's in a good state, and post little updates to Twitter

yes but how many of these are bots?
the thing with tumblr is that discourages bots heavily so if someone is following you is probably a real person. (is also terrible for editorial corrections and for cataloging shit)
for you to see a post in tumblr it needs to be:
a) rebloged enough times into trendy where the staff can curate it
b) rebloged by someone you follow currently (there are still bots but if someone follows them is mostly on purpose)
c) targeted towards you directly which limits the scope a bot can spread before being detected

maybe i should start a marketing page on the wiki

Definitely include a list of useful hashtags by website. #screenshotsaturday is very popular on Twitter, for example.

Having an attractive avatar is more important than people think.

What in the hell is my codedude even thinking?

Something was missing from my Berserk fists, and after some talking over I've come up with a simple but effective solution

Are they supposed to be that strong? Seems like it's killing stuff in one hit? You could make it a risk/reward style of weapon where if you miss, you have a hefty stagger time that you can't attack and/or are slowed

Yes, this the Slayer's BFG tier weapon. The idea here is you'll have to build rage by damaging enemies with your other weapons, and once that's filled you hit a button and shift into a strong as fuck berserk state that grants you devastating punches, damage resistance, and life drain on hit for a short time.
I've just wrapped up the punching part and now I'm working on the actual mechanic of building energy to use it.

8agdg.wikidot.com/wiki:tumblr

I have a teddy bear render as mine and have received complains that I'm not living to their expectations

tumblr tags are only useful for searching and their search engine is broken

hello, i can be your programmer tonight

I'm feeling rough I'm feeling raw I'm in the prime of my life.
Lets make some games, make some money, find some models for wives.

Isn't twitter increasing their character limit too? I'd rather devblog on twitter anyway, fuck tumblr.

Since my knowledge of anatomy is so extensive that I actually know that humans have 4 limbs and one head, does it make sense to get a skeleton 3D model and model a character over it, so that I don't make some obviously wrong stuff? Especially on shoulders. I will also use a image background reference

sounds like it might help, but I'm not a 3d artist so I wouldn' t know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I say try it and post results

Morning lads.

import tax

I've been experimenting more with the CRT shader, and I think I'm getting closer to an effect that I like. If you zoom in super close you can see the RGB of the individual "phosphors", which is kinda cool. I should probably just call it done and stop wasting time on this though. I should be working on more important elements.

can't say i've ever done that, but if you think it might help, try it out. topology usually mimics muscle anatomy though so it won't be much help with that.

Just took 4 hours to do the hands!
oh this is going to be so fucked up when i put the armature and animate

Right there with you mate. how many days until 11/11? OH FUCK ME

i have my demo build ready, but this model is not part of it
good luck bro

THIS WILL MAKE THINGS FASTER

How does my life ring look?
Also new bread soon

looks round
tee-hee

Decent, but it also looks a lot like the umbrella corp logo from Resident Evil.

I usually don't like retro wank, but if you wrote that it's very cool.

wtf I didn' t know this.

I did literally yesterday google how to do that shit and I found fucking "ctrl+shift+F12" some bullshit like that.

>start new project in software engineering class

blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/saraford/2008/04/18/did-you-know-you-can-use-f8-and-shiftf8-to-navigate-among-errors-in-the-output-window-197/
And not to be condescending, but this is fucking useful as well:
msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/y740d9d3.aspx

Any of you lads have a free, Windows compatible screen recorder that isn't shite?

ShareX is working wonders for me, despite me having integrated Intel graphics.

Git gud, faggot.

i just use obs and crank the bitrate up

The extinguisher looks better than the source material because it is tidier in its colors and also better alludes to 3d space with the sticker.
I think you should use the same thinking with the life ring. You're one certainly looks tidier, but the source sprite looks more 3d likely because of the equally thin, curved white lines.

Thanks.

Oh yeah, forgot about OBS. Windows 10 isn't my choice on this machine. It's the year of Linux! Right? Gotta be one of these years… I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Thanks mate.

My PC had a clunky version from 2-3 years back, popped a new version on my laptop, much faster and sleek, good program.

Yeah, OBS is cool. Is there a way to capture specific windows/programs and not the full screen?

Are search engines blocked by your Internet provider or something?
jp9000.github.io/OBS/sources/windowcapture.html

literally has a capture window option

Not asking for spoonfeeding, but I figured it would be easier/faster to ask here.

Yeah, it turns out that's not what I wanted anyway, I used "game capture" and told it to focus on the Blender window specifically. I'm happy.

Oh I didnt write it, no way. I'm not nearly smart enough or knowledgeable on CRT technology to do that. All I did was take a shader written by Timothy Lottes(guy who also created fxaa) and ported/tweaked it to work in Unity and with the specifics of my project and how it's set up. Im extremely green to cg/shaderlab so writing something like this is way beyond my level.

Shouldn't that be naturally looping on the webm?

No, the animation is looped in Blender but the recording is just a slice of what I could capture in OBS. I'm not good enough to bother editing the video to match it up so that it loops properly, nor am I wasting the time to learn. Also, mp4 not webm, because again, not gonna waste my time on that stuff right now.

oh OK, I assume blender doesn't have a recorder itself, in Maya I use a Maya Software rendering and select the frames, it outputs as AVI and I just have to convert it, although the webm I made didn't go through so I had to upload to YT.

8ch supports MP4 (although it CAN be a little finicky about the audio codec in my experience) and there are free MP4 -> webm converters out there, I just don't have any fucks left to give about formats these days. "Does my shit post?" is about as far as I take it.

Well, for me it was a pain in the ass, I used FFMPEG which usually works but not this time.

Start writing up a new thread fam, one more should push this over to page 13

I've got the new thread ready

here are some references made by a furfag try to reproduce them in blender with each muscle group into its own 3d object.
for the hands and face use your own, those are complex shapes and is better if you see how they deform yourself. it doesn't matter if you are fat or a girl, you can transform these from male to female very easily.
you should try to avoid triangles but is not necessary, the important part is that you learn all the muscles groups.

once you do that, do it again but this time as a single object, do a simple box model with proper topology and sculpt the rest (search for the sculpting shortcuts).
all this should take you about two weeks tops. and is probably the fastest way to get good enough I know I did

after you have the shapes down just use a lattice modifier to superimpose them over your skeletons, regardless of size height or other bullshit.

ah shit, I was looking at Holla Forums for the thread by accident and didnt find it, so I made the new thread too early. It's here: and we can use it when this thread is ready to go

better to use something like zbrush for this

the goal of the first exercise is to identify the different parts that come together to form an anatomical correct body, and to practice on dealing with organic shapes

the second one, yes, could be done in zbrush or any other sculpting software