Team Fortress 2 Vintage: After Spook X edition

Recent news

TF2V, what is it?
TF2V is a "pre-mannconomy" version of TF2 without the visual clutter and bloat. The only QoL additions is Pyro's airblast and the Engineer building carry. As well as additions of stock gamemodes such as Payload, KotH and Arena

Downloads
moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage

Mirrors:
Mega mirror: N/A
Torrent: [Could use one]

TF2V GIT REPO
github.com/TF2V/TF2Vintage

WHERE ARE THE WEAPONS?

Development is focused first on bugfixes, If/when that's all done then focus on weapons can be started. However weapons needed to be coded from the ground up, so unless you want to start that for us then don't ask for something not on anyone's radar right now.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!AuJgSL6Z!9TatZzJMuSVXUKyRWXbCYq4CWQIUaD-NPmMVCeGIzbo
mega.nz/#!BqISUDRB!AINJuuTt4dV4tSuiPwH_ws6u8VsaGzri-grpfGF2aLM
mega.nz/#!IrJHyJiK!-U9fLMW4hTgCFBaYh9xPIWWjx-TmjNXy-C3O09UDjd4
bir3yk.net/forum/topic_179/.
developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Command_Line_Options.
bir3yk.net/forum/topic_180/.
moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage/news/aww-heck-fellas
mega.nz/#!6AlBGRhT!k0LskvVcXpoXHRlraDTNm5hh0b06uZTEVyFRwvsfDS8
mega.nz/#F!6NVRhaQB!2TQbUYKimjdHsuegzLbdJQ
gamebanana.com/maps/45633
github.com/tf2vZgok/tf2v-Zgok
github.com/NicknineTheEagle/TF2-Base
github.com/bachingo/TF2Vintage
moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage/downloads/team-fortress-2-vintage-v293-full
moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage/downloads/team-fortress-2-vintage-v293
mega.nz/#F!tSxnzarJ!25P26JlX7ZOdE8x_ZE6FrQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Here is how to install revemu on windows, i.e. make it no-steam. Technically this needs to be done once by the guy who releases TF2V for the next version, so that the game will be standalone and run out-of-the-box. But anyone can do it. I have shit upload speed.

What you need:

1. Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer from steam. ( Just in case: mega.nz/#!AuJgSL6Z!9TatZzJMuSVXUKyRWXbCYq4CWQIUaD-NPmMVCeGIzbo or mega.nz/#!BqISUDRB!AINJuuTt4dV4tSuiPwH_ws6u8VsaGzri-grpfGF2aLM

Hash: 3bb2e73-d2d220-698-8376cd-1abbcfa-6781-0ad7f3e )

2. TF2V from OP.

3. Revemu package: mega.nz/#!IrJHyJiK!-U9fLMW4hTgCFBaYh9xPIWWjx-TmjNXy-C3O09UDjd4

In case the link goes down, here is the original source: bir3yk.net/forum/topic_179/. Gonna need full package from 27.04.2016. Then an update from 20.01.2017, it's a single dll, goes into game root.

Start by placing tf2vintage folder in Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer, instead of sourcemods. Now Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer can be renamed to anything and placed anywhere, I will be calling it game root.

Optional: fire up the game to make sure everything works by creating hl2.exe shortcut and adding -game tf2vintage. See first pic. You won't need that shortcut after this, you can delete it later.

Extract revemu to game root. Second pic is how it should look like.

Shut down steam and fire TF2V.exe.

That's it, make sure everything works.

You can look through rev.ini. But here are the most important things:

ProcName=hl2.exe -novid -noborder -game tf2vintage -steam -silent /help

Your startup parameters. I added -novid (skips into movies) and -noborder (borderless in windowed more, makes no difference in fullscreen). More details: developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Command_Line_Options.

PlayerName=Anonymous

Self explanatory.

Everything should work as expected. Only no-steam servers will show up in server browser. They also need to have no-steam in sv_tags, if I'm not mistaken.

Hopefully I didn't fuck up. I won't have time to test linux client anywhere soon, so somebody else should do it. Ask here for any advice. Linux revemu: bir3yk.net/forum/topic_180/.

CURRENT SERVERS
Dev user's server

There's not an update patch for 2.9.1?

grab 2.9.2

Devanon was supposed to makea lite version but he didn't he needs to start making lite versions without any map folder for any bugfixes

People said they would be shilling this on the official TF2 community or something, any news?

I have no clue. I didn't hear that. Some people from time to time bring it up. But Never seen any thing recently.

I did suggest at one point people upload videos to the community hub for exposure

Well, I'll check the server later I hope.

bump

anyone up to play?

when did someone decide to add weapons to this? whats the fucking point of of going through all effort of making 2007 tf2 if you're just gonna add the weapons back in. why not just make a tf2 server with a no cosmetics plugin then?

the end goal is pre-mannconomy TF2 and has been for awhile now. Where the fuck have you been? probably circlejerking in the TF2C discord because they still seem to think that

Actually, it seems like the current narrative is that it's either A: TF2C without the DM or B: Jury rigged variant of TFPort. They literally cannot comprehend the idea of a third flavor of TF2 existing.

wew

Anyone up for playing?

I'll join a bit later, who wants to play?

2 PEOPLE ONLINE GET IN HERE

I'll hop on a bit later today.

4 PEOPLE ONLINE

Someone needs to shill it on the TF2 community hub.

There was an attempt but I don't think anyone feels like playing today.

Is there a post?

Oh no, I just saw a group notification and I jumped in

They like hats and alt guns too much too play. Plus it's too difficult to install for the majority of people who play tf2.

where do i enter the ip address

open console type "connect " with being the UIP address

Or right-click favorites and slap it there

Small bump.

ded game

we'll play come friday or something.

bump

why're we not doing anything again?

I usually wait for msm to put up a notice via steam group or discord. I'd wait a couple more hours, game usually start rolling at around 3PM PST.

bump negated

Alright fucksticks let's play

fine jeez

only 5 people in come on

nope nebermind :DD

FUCK YOU WE'RE PLAYING ANYWAY

GET IN YOU FUCKS.

3 PEOPLE ON, GET THE FUCK IN OR I'LL REPORT YOU TO POLICE FOR BEING A HOMOSEXUAL ON THE INTERNET

gonna hop on

You guys dont know what you are missing. Heres an idea: Rather than trying to play TF2V by ourselves with 3-5 people we should be stomping the shit out of pubs and reddit

nah.

Come play vintage. we've got 8 people so far on.

But m-muh artstyle!

I'm okay with not having to be reminded the dead ringer exists

dead ringer got nerfed into the ground

so did everything else. the problem is retail tries to cater to 6s

4V4 ON THE SERVER, GET IN NOW OR MISS FUN

was fun ffor the short time we played. Thigns are winding down. Unless I can get devanon to come incognito into that SMC discord or I do so we won't have coders. Still if Vintage is gonna quietly pass away it's better it does that than die from faggotry and drama

I'll try to get the games going on Friday and Saturday, but if people start to quit because wew nogames it's gonna keep dying until it's dead. The matches that we've played so far were miles better than in base game because the semblance of balance is there and you could tell what's gonna happen when you faced somebody faster because there aren't many weapons, thus not much variation. I'd like to keep that going, even if it's gonna be 4v4 on weekends only.

Also, mark my words, the second this mod releases non-stock weapons will be the second it dies - some players will quit because of this and with population this low it'll be fatal. We gotta have as many games going as we can before this happens.

We still need to fix bugs. adding items is HL3 time away

I hope that you're right, but only devanon can say this for sure.

I think we need to get it done on a single day per week around a persistant time. 'Sometimes fridays, sometimes saturdays maybe later maybe early' throws a lot of people off. And then mention in OP the exact time.

a-anyone want to play some video games?

I'm up for a game.

Fuck you.
sure

we've got 5 players if anyone wants to join

Come on in we've got 3v3

Bumping. I've been throwing around the concept of a content update for this month, and I'm considering doing something e-sports related as something small that would add some interest in it. I've also started throwing around another concept with some of the other developers that isn't sticking as well as I thought it would. Trying to decide on what is the best course of action to get more heads outside of Discord.

God, you people are dumb.

And what do you suggest thast we could do?

Bump the thread and join the servers and shit, what else?

nigger you better be joking

Not really. Imagine having a 6s mode and highlander mode available with all the content compatible with TF2V. It would be great to have something to get more attention to the game outside of a dozen anons on a knitting forum.

I'm probably gonna steam ahed myself and try to head into the SMC discord this week. see if I can get someone to help fix at least the cart overtime and the hill issue.

TF2C tried that ages ago mate. During my digging they tried to hock it to the comp scene and got laughed out. everyone who dare criticized it was a troll. Guy ran back to fagpunch where they consoled him.

They did? I mean there is some things they supposedly did and didn't do. My idea was to only add it as a side thing, not actually make it a focus and have it one of those "oh neat" things.

I got bored and did digging. VERY early on the original creator tried to pan that shit as "esports" TF2 and got laughed out.

No use catering to shit.

It's probably for the best that this mod isn't associated with compfaggotry anyway. Those niggers don't give a shit about vanilla tf2 to be with.

Does anyone want to play?

Try Fridays and Saturdays, those are typically your best bet for people playing TF2V.

Catering to TF2 compfags would largely go against your original goals for this mod.

Gonna try to head into SMC discord tonight problem is since we have no coders it's gonna seem like idea guys. I mean we've had people help attempt stuff even people who've helped compile the ill fated V3RC1

fingers crossed

moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage/news/aww-heck-fellas

I-is there a european server?

Nope. Someone has to make one. We have a leaf with BR tier ping that plays just fine though

I tried pingtest to the ip in the op and it says 209 ms. I don't think that's gonna be playable at all tbh

Bilbo plays with us with a ping of sometimes 999 as a scout.

And he uses it to his advantage, the fucker.

Still funny watching him pull a goku

That's the average ping of everyone, you'll be able to play fine.

I didn't know about this. I quit tf2 when it turned into F2P. This is interesting.

Come swing by tomorrow evening, we play games at weekends regularly and chances are there's gonna be a game on Saturday as well. Aside from those matches, TF2V is pretty much dead, but they're well worth the download.

Forgot about that. The matches typically start at around 10 PM UTC on Friday, though there could be delays. Saturday is around the same time. Hope that clears things up.

Just like to let you people know, the internet company has royally fucked up and is blacked out for the entire county for the past five hours, knocking the server offline. I don't know when it'll be fixed, but hopefully it should be up in time for Friday night.

yeah rip

I'll host a listen server if it won't be up in time. It'll be painfully horrible, but more or less playable.

Pre-mannconomy as in all major class unlocks or just stock with new maps?

The maps and equipment that don't drastically change the class role (sword and board is one that's been said that will never be added) and balancing/tweaking for others done by the dev, presumably. It's going to be a long time until it's implemented assuming TF2V lives for that long so just enjoy it as is.

Posted about it. Devanon is being a defeatist about all this and I'm trying to power ahead but that issue with goycord has fucked mty attempts over

When do you anons want to play? It's Friday and you should never be busy on a Friday night, unless you're a normalfag.

I'll play with you whenever you want user

How about in one hour at 6 PM EST?

sounds good

JOIN NOW THERE ARE PEOPLE PLAYING

I'm coming.

I want to go get beer first.
Soon though.

2v2 come play anons!

hardcore 4v4 now niggas

7v7 faggots

11 people bring more bodies

where can i download cp_vanguard

we're off it. On Koth_Viaduct now

I wish I had recorded that Koth match. That was fucking intense

Good game

Don't worry, all matches on the TF2V server are automatically logged and recorded for your later use. I archive all replays on Sundays typically.

How come it takes so long to download the maps?

do you have the latest version of tf2v user?

Alrighty.

mega.nz/#!6AlBGRhT!k0LskvVcXpoXHRlraDTNm5hh0b06uZTEVyFRwvsfDS8

Here's a preliminary link for the time being. I'll up this in the end of the week file as well when Sunday rolls around.

Does anyone want to play in 30 minutes?

Maybe.

I'm hopping on rn fam.

GET IN THE SERVER FUCKBOYS, WE'RE GOING DOWNTOWN

Making a video at the moment, give me about 30 minutes to an hour. Hopefully you guys will still be there by then.

GET THE FUCK IN THERE IT'S A GLORIOUS 2V1

i hate this

we're playing viaduct if you wanna join anons

No one cares. It would be sad if you fuckers weren't so patheticly hilarious.

ebin :DD

Pretty good 3 hours. I don't think anyone's up for another game tomorrow though, right?

Just like to remind people that don't use Discord that the replays are now available for last week. Download them here: mega.nz/#F!6NVRhaQB!2TQbUYKimjdHsuegzLbdJQ

To use, simply boot up TF2V, then using demoui or demoui2 select the demo to load.

bump.

So I set up a new normalfag containment server. Giving some people mod to keep things under control if this issue crops up again where I lose access to my account.

I feel like the population is dying, and I am blaming the maps on it

people burn out and that's fine. In any case I got into the SMC group and the word is out there

What's wrong with the maps? I mean I know I'm running pretty vanilla, but what seems to be the problem? I've thrown around some ideas for content but almost all of them were rejected.

It gets a bit boring if it's always vanilla maps, having a run with custom ones like mariokart etc once in a while wouldn't hurt

No, fuck right off, minecraft/mario maps are utter cancer. If anything, maps that were added later in the game that aren't complete shit should be played, not maps that 13 year old furries play on.

calm the fuck down. You have to realize custom maps aren't just meme maps. custom means made by someone from the community.

Shit like the ghosts of the past map pack is a good example. Its custom maps that were made for the game and meant to be played. The problem is people expect a fastDL server for it so yeah.

would be nice to play shit like CTF_Mach again or CP_Aqua

I would put the map packs on there if I had a FastDL server to work with, but unfortunately I don't. It's why we're stuck with the vanilla stuff right now.

Pretty sure you can set one up on the same server as the server. From what I've learned source has a very shitty limit for filesizes and fastdl just is a work around for it. Either way we've had people download maps from the server before. FastDL just doesn't make it excruciatingly hard.

You know base is fucked when in order to get people to play things that aren't DM, they have to use the dumbest OC to try and reel people in to play.

gamebanana.com/maps/45633

MSM you triple nigger where is the latest version of the TF2V source code I spent the better part of yesterday fixing bugs and shit and I realized some of the problems i was having are because the git has a deprecated version

what are the plans for tf2v

the one in the OP is the latest can you not push updates to it?

My repo is considered non-functioning due to the massive issues with the coding.

Pretty much TF2

The base code is identical to the tf2c base you started with that hasn't been updated in over a year. Even if your repo is a fucking mess you still managed to fix a few things.

also just to clarify i want the source 2.9.2 was compiled off of, where the spy mask, cloak bar, etc. where fixed sage for doublepost

Devanon needs to up it.

Or are you using my git and not the main one?

the one from Zgok is heavily broken

I can't even access your branch anymore. I'm using the source code that's in the main branch, which has none of the changes made over tf2v's lifetime

github.com/tf2vZgok/tf2v-Zgok

Here's mine. Dunno why you can't access it. Also everything you listed is from my broken build that was the ill fated v3RC1 build. A lot of the fixes devanon has made have been to just the models and the like which requires no rebuild of the binaries.

Don't know why either. Anyway thanks user i'll be sure to look over this and see what you did with various different things

I tried to alter the airblast.

My build is extremely broken and I tried to do something simple like remove the GRN and YLW code from the game.

it probably wasn't the best idea to go around altering typedefs and deleting things. I mostly want to look at what you did to save me some time in fixing some things. Do you happen to have a list of all the key fixes you made?

Again all I attempted to do was delete the references to the 4team mode in the coding. I got it to compile but the end result was a completely fucked build. You'll also find (maybe) the groundwork for an attempt to make a different airblast more in line with TF2 live than TF2C's "realistic" approach. I wanted to tie it to a convar so servers could toggle

Ok I found the source code for the binaries tf2v is running. Turns out tf2v is currently using binaries from tf2classic 2.00b4 but now I can finally start fixing shit at least

Godspeed, nigga.

this tbh

Not like we'd try and hide it.

Best of luck, would like bug fixers to focus on PL because issues.

Also talking to some guys from the SMC discord they said old TF2 code shits the bed badly on the 2013 framework and suggested if we can't get shit to work to port what we can to the TF2P code and go from there.

The problem is that the tf2v git doesn't have that version of the source code in it user. Anyway i'm trying things out now and i'll post if I get anything really good working

TF2P is open source you can grab it off of github

github.com/NicknineTheEagle/TF2-Base

Nobody fucking cares about TF2C asstart. We're here to play vintage. Leave your girly epic drama out of it.

Who wants to play?

In like four hours, sure.

I'm available.
I just downloaded TF2V, and the fact that the only server has no players is pretty sad.
Completely empty.

Fuck it.

JOIN THE SERVER NOW, WE'RE GOING TO PLAY VIDEOGAME
GET THE FUCK IN HERE, TWO PEOPLE SO FAR

We 3v3 now let's go

FOUR PEOPLE ON THE SERVER, GEDDIN NOW YOU GIGANTIC HOMOS

SOUND IS BROKEN
Some sound effects are missing, at least on ganoo loonix

try snd_restart

FUCK

Wanna start it up again?

maybe tomorrow night Gonna play some barotrauma

Does anyone know if you still need to change Source 2013 MP to a beta build, or was that exploit patched? There's 4 different beta builds available but some of them seem redundant

Any niggas here wanna play later?

I would like to play even now.
The problem is that we less than 10 people, there isn't much sense in playing at all.

*with less than

You don't really mean that user, do you? It's always fun playing with you guys.

I'd love to user

I'd like to play with you user.

I'd say games with at leats 8 people (4 vs 4) are good enough.

JOIN FUCKERS

9 people in game right now

people left for food. Down to 6.

Thanks for the fun today anons. I'll try to get something small out for you guys while I work on something bigger

Will we ever get a server with low ping? It feels like every player is always 2 seconds ahead of you, playing from the future.

when some can. We've had hosts come and go.

bball is pretty fun tho tbh

Not really.

you've never lived lad

Not as fun as prophunt, dodgeball or even surf.

Only niggers like basketball. So how typical of alhablaster to make a niggerball server

im not a nigger and i like it. what does that make me, a double nigger?

Yes

Any of you up for TF2V in like two or three hours?

sure

GET ON THE SERVER AND PLAY SOME FUCKING VIDEOGAMES

I'll be on it a bit. I'm still tweaking some things

1 player get in here

A FULL FOUR NIGGAS, GET YOUR ASSES IN HERE

Server replays are now available to people to use this week if they want to watch a bunch of bullshit.

Download's the same as the other ones.
mega.nz/#F!6NVRhaQB!2TQbUYKimjdHsuegzLbdJQ

F I V E

make it six nerds, i know there's another one of you out there

(checked)
Anyone going to play later?

Gotta wait until friday night.

ALRIGHT NIGGERS I'VE GOT A TREAT FOR YOU
i fixed some shit

Changelog:
+Fixed payload hill log errors: payload cart will now conform to uphill and downhill logic on pl and plr maps
+Fixed end-of-round scoreboard not updating after every round
+Disguised health for spy can now be replenished at healthpacks
+Spy will no longer grab the current health of dead players (1 hp)
+Hud now displays disguised target (WIP)
//HACK: added temporary payload overtime logic. Rollback check only occurs on overtime. if check is true, 5 seconds added to timer.
+Added experimental airblast: TF2C's stock airblast does not immobilize players on blast, causing conflicting velocities. This airblast will function more in line with the live version of
TF2. in order to access this experiemental airblast use the convar "tf2c_airblast 2" to activate. In order to reapply the default airblast use "tf2c_airblast 1" instead.
//NEEDS TWEAKING AND DEBUGGING//
Known bugs:
-After completing waiting for players phase, player may immediately begin moving.
-Spy will consistently select the previous target for disguising if no player of the chosen class exists on the enemy team
-Spy does not cycle between enemy members of a single class
-Dispensers do not restore cloak
-Dispenser trails are visible on cloaked spies
-Spy health does not decay when damaged

GIT: github.com/bachingo/TF2Vintage
you only need the bin files located in game/tf2classic/bin. make sure to back up your old bins first

If anyone is willing to mess with the airblast and tell me what needs to be changed that'd be great I wasted my weekend on this

YEAH BAYBEY

Is this the first V3 release?
who knows

devanon is offline at the moment so it needs time. We'll package the new binaries as stand alones and throw em on moddb.

make sure you include an upgrade package with just the binaries. It's not right to make anons download the whole package again, and it'll save headaches when people inevitable try to connect on outdated binaries

That's my plan. just a "lite" version for V3

V2.9.2 has all the fixes so we can just package it as v3 with a readme to instruct them what to do.

We'll hold off until the server udpates to the new binaries. Now we just need someone to compile your fixes for linux

you might want to hold off on V3 for a bit if possible. I'm going to be a bit busy for the next few weeks so I won't be working as actively on the project, but i'm trying to reverse-engineer the payload hud

Fair enough. I figured though any future fixes could be like 3.1, 3.2, etc

But we'll hold off if that's what you're asking

I definitely want the binaries to be implemented server-side so I can do some playtesting proper. I just want to make 3.0 a bit more grand after all the waiting that's happened

did you just compile the client dlls? or both server and client?

I agree 3.0 needs some fanfare but what and how big is the issue with that.

Still good shit mate. Thanks for taking time out to do that.

I always compile both when i'm testing things. Many of the classes in the source sdk have overlap with the server and client calls, and if there's any discrepancies the game environment often won't load

they're on the github if you need them

Ok so I tested it and it works. I checked for the spy mask issue devanon said existed in my build but it's not there.

What are we labeling this as 2.9.3 or what?

the mask issue had to do with the fact that the code on the repo for both the master and your branch is from a july 2016 commit to the tf2classic github. That build seems to have been a heavily indev build, and after looking at it they did a full rewrite of the mask class so as to generate random masks when disguising as an enemy spy. They also rewrote the weapon calls to accommodate loadouts. I worked off of the februrary commit, presumably the one they shipped 2.0.0b3 with.
2.9.3 sounds fine

righto.

I made a clip showing the two different airblasts back-to-back for anyone curious.

So which one is the original one we've run so far and which one is the new one?

Also talked to devanon dunno if he's updated the server. But 2.9.3 is now on the moddb I MIGHT package it as a FULL version alongside the patch so New people won't have to essentially download 2 things. But the patch is live and ready now

The first one is the tf2c airblast. Notice that the players can override the velocity set by the pyro's airblast, causing them to go upwards instead of away.
The second one is the experimental airblast

Second one looks nicer, more in line with the retail one. TF2C went with an "Realistic" idea for it and that's the result.

I might submit a fix to shorten the convars they have. Just so it's less to type in and to obviously distant us from TF2C

I'll pack up a full version when I get a somewhat stable set of binaries ready for V3. I've got to implement some of the other fixes I've done in there, like the file hashes.

did you make changes to the binaries? If so i'd like to see what you've done if possible. I didn't realized anyone else was touching the binaries at this point

Why would we use the TF2C version of airblast? Either the retail version or the new version from the Jungle Inferno update.

Because it's not so simple user. We've been using the tf2c implementation because that's the only one that existed in the code until now. The codebase tf2c is based off of was from before the pyro had an alt fire, so we can only guess. I'm trying to implement the old vanilla airblast but I need people to test it and tell me what needs tweaking

Right now I've got mostly content updates, I don't think 2.9.2 comes with the update for Jungle Inferno. I know V3 will have that definitely and the update for badlands.

please don't add the update for badlands, it removes the hiding spots from the map, which is fucking retarded. you didn't answer my question

I answered your question, no.

Also how does the new badlands update remove hiding spots? All I got in my changelog is that it makes some of the lamps noncollidable and the mesa cap to have a medium ammo on the porch.

the hiding spots are the lamp props, most notably on rollout, last and the room to the left of last.

So you just sat on the lamp props waiting for people at final then? What's the skill in that?

as with any hiding spot if you're not paying attention that's on you. The glass is see-through at last and the player has to be immobolized and out of commission to do it

Putting up a "Full" version with the fixes bach pushed as 2.9.3 I still need to package it but I'll be leaving the patch up to make it easier for existing players

good skill for spies.

In any case yeah Another reason I'm pushing a full is those following the mod will be tipped off to it and I can squeeze out an article too highlighting a weekend gamenight to celebrate the fixes.

Nope. Badlands is horribly balanced for attackers and needs fixes to help out the defenders. That's why V3 will have the updated map where it slightly favors defenders more especially in final.

An exploit is going outside map boundaries or the old bug where if you switched to spectator you could TK. A hiding spot isn't an exploit. This is on par with the retarded "fixes" I see from private server owners when players figure out how to farm content on specific classes.

But all of these hiding spots benefit the defending team more than they do the attacking team. The only hiding spot that's really useful for attacking is the fan at last, and that's only useful if the defending team is retarded and leaves the point open for a back cap.

What these anons said. The lamp on last allows a soldier or demo to stop poorly planned or rush caps. Under no viable circumstances should an enemy player be camping a point several caps back.

Not to mention it's not like the person is completely hidden. All it's going to take is that initial few shots from a soldier to alert the attackers to someone is up there defending the last point.

Not only that, the changes Jungle Inferno made actually made badlands less skill based if anything, since ammo is no longer an issue during midfights and theres less imminent threats when pushing last, just slower cap time

moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage/downloads/team-fortress-2-vintage-v293-full

right bach's fixes are now in full and patch flavor

bump

So there's a "mod of 2017" going on for moddb.

what does the winner get?

8v8 when?

Prestige. shitty little banner on their mod.

I dunno

how about tonight faggot

Any anons want to play some video games tonight?

Damn straight I do. Not right now, but in a couple hours.

I'm looking forward to it user.

server user can you turn on the experimental airblast for tonight i want to test it out

gibeo vames

ill be on this evening

Does it mean I only have to download and replace the bin folder or that I should overwrite everything except the bin folder content?

download the patch posted here
it should overwrite only the bin folder

Who wants to play? Today is Friday.

OKAY ANONS LETS PLAY SOME VIDEO GAMES
GET IN HERE OR FOREVER BE A NIGGER

HOSTFAG TURN ON THE EXPERIMENTAL AIRBLAST.

FOUR PEOPLE ARE ON THE SERVER

JOIN NOW FOR FREE RAPE

BACH
Sniper moves at full speed while zoomed in
Heavy sped up while spinning the minigun
Engi ran normally when hauling
A bunch of shit.

i know that's why nobody is playing i'm fixing it I swear. The movement class got fucked so I need to fix it up

Ok. Someone told me then so I'm just posting them here.

Thanks

You better fix it by the time Saturday games roll you faggot.

i'll have it fixed tonight faggot you better play video games with me tomorrow

I found the problem. Turns out the method i used for setting the speed of the player during the airblast kept resetting the player speed when they weren't being airblasted. It should be fixed now just give me a moment to compile and test it

even if nobody else joins I'll rekk u with uber medic MLG skills

ALRIGHT ANONS I FIXED IT THIS TIME
apologies for ruining the vidya today
Studies show i'm not the best bugtester, so bear with me anons.

Changelog:

Known bugs:

fugg :DDD

I fixed it, you don't need to change anything.
I'm spending my electricity and computer parts for your mod and don't get anything in return, you could be at least a little nicer.

you're a fag but we need you for weekends, so please keep being a somewhat decent fag

Uploading to moddb now as a hotfix.

Also Bach I dunno how it'll impact it but I've been meaning to shorten all the TF2C convars for ease of remembering and to kinda scrub tf2c from the files as best we can. if I can get VS running again would you take a push to your git for the shortened cvars?

If you can get that shit working 100% then by all means go for it. I just don't want any more problems being made than already exist. It probably be a better idea to make a branch first though, and then it can later be merged if everything works alright

Shit doesnt work for me, when I try to get into the server I get prompted back to the main menu.

server user probably hasn't updated yet. We'll have to wait until he does that today

actually i can connect to the server just fine. did you replace your bin folder?

Did you throw it into the tf2vintage folder or the sourcetest folder?

I put everything in /tf2vintage/bin

I just re-downloaded the binaries and replaced mine. I'm still not having any issues connecting. Try re-downloading them, perhaps something was overwritten properly

I've gotten in just fine. I don't know how you're getting that issue.

Well, I don't know either.
I guess I'll have to re-download the fullgame some time in the future.

In case you want to verify, those are the files in my tf2vintage/bin directory
md5sum64e567b731cbde0b0eaccdca987c9104 client.dll4c7b36eee42616ebb0ecd37a9bd91bc7 client.pdbf6f59b6a9acd546af8737499b8394942 client.sof6f59b6a9acd546af8737499b8394942 client_srv.soa7534cb517dfdb37e63669f0c8fd3eba server.dll2d6ce6733f0e60da8b3b66e40d5de196 server.pdb84c0c750f2aa31357f99a0806401ce1c server.so84c0c750f2aa31357f99a0806401ce1c server_srv.so

hey user quick question: are you running linux by any chance?

Yes.
*insert RMS copy-pasta here*

Ok that's the problem. MSM was trying to find someone more experienced to handle linux binaries but i'll do my best. Give me a minute and i'll link you some binaries

Try these and tell me what happens
mega.nz/#F!tSxnzarJ!25P26JlX7ZOdE8x_ZE6FrQ

So uh, is the server fucked up?

what do you mean?

It seems the server wasn't updated or something and people can't join. That's what you guys have been talking about.

No, someone can't enter the server for reasons unknown while we can get in just fine.

Nice, it werks now.
The only current issue is related to the sound as I also pointed last week
The console gives a cascade of errors about missing .wav files

the reason that fine user could not join was because the linux binaries weren't updated but that has been resolved now.

glad to hear it user.

So…

Who wants to play?

i'll play with you user

4 PLAYERS JOIN FAGGETS

Thanks user

rip serbian?

it seems to be back up

Server is back

Now that the server is dead I fixed a couple things I noticed weren't working.

Fairly sure the main cause of that is the server being in the US.

I'm in the US and i was experiencing them as well. Either way optimization always helps

sorry for quitting this early, internet went out and there's some urgent stuff to do now

Updating as 2.9.3 HOTFIX #2

From now on I'll package linux and windows as one thing since the binaries are so small

Also bach just get rid of the TF2C airblast next update if you can. I think people agree across the board the one closer to TF2 is better.

It's not really a big deal to leave it in. Removing it won't improve anything and the new airblast is already enabled by default. If someone wants to use the TF2C airblast for whatever reason they have to enable it through Convars

Fair enough. If the new one is the default that works too

anyone wanna play ina bit?

It's been dead this weekend but if other anons chime in I'll hop on for a bit

I've been busy at work and the latest hot fixes seem to address a lot of issues.

WHO WANTS TO PLAY

2 people playing right now

>>>/radcorp/3822
so by the looks of this thread you got it all sorted out, right?

3 people

I hope you guys learn how to replace a bin folder by next Friday otherwise I'll be pouting alone in the corner with like 2 other people

I'll need to write retard proof instructions. I had hoped people would figure it out.

I don't want to make a full version of every hotfix

bump

We actually have less bugs than TF2C. Not to mention we're more active.

Are you talking about the player-base or the development?

Why has the thread been bumplocked?

Guess twice, dumbass.

there better be a new thread when i get back faggots or i won't post my fixes

Because (((Mark))) is a massive faggot?

Because it hit the bump limit, dumbass.

NEW THREAD