PC-98 thread

What are some of your favorite PC-98 games? The only ones I've gotten into are the Farland Story strategy RPGs, mostly because they're some of the few games that have been translated into English. They're a lot of fun if you're into the genre.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/fmtownsmary/status/925912630543376384
mega.co.nz/#F!F59WkSqQ!quGKSFIswBgv0rxAAaF8Pg
mega.nz/#F!SgYmDLJC!12Feh-o_B9Fv1pWXtU2fJw
mega.nz/#F!jIgkXQDY!hE3FQNWl77DkzKErGdz35g
fullmotionvideo.free.fr/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1621
romhacking.net/translations/3159/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Tell me there is a qt beast woman too.

Just fuck a dog, dude. They're free.

In what universe?

Do they not have dog pounds where you live?

Steam Hearts is best.

Wish I could find a PC-9800

There's still an adoption fee.

I tried playing Steam Hearts, but the frame rate ran at about 10 fps on the emulator I was using. I probably just had the settings wrong.

Supposedly you can buy them for real cheap in Japan, but the shipping cost is insane.

I can afford it, I just cant find a place to purchase the wondrous devices.

Try fromjapan. I had one then wished I saved up more for a X68k or FM Towns instead because it's game library is pitful in comparison.

There's an emulator for it, that's how I play the old PC-98 2hu games.

pc98 threads could use a op copypasta
twitter.com/fmtownsmary/status/925912630543376384

How about you fucking kill yourself nigger?

also, download links
mega.co.nz/#F!F59WkSqQ!quGKSFIswBgv0rxAAaF8Pg
mega.nz/#F!SgYmDLJC!12Feh-o_B9Fv1pWXtU2fJw

Were you using anex? When I played The Screamer I had to go into the system tab in config and fiddle with the speed.

Don't use anex anyway, it's shit. Use Neko Project 2 fmgen

T O U H O U

how about you fucking tell him that

OP, go play some Rusty, it's a Castlevania clone that ups the challenge to 11.

>you can't learn Japanese

I really wish there was some organization proactively hunting down rare shit like this for dumping and releasing. I'd donate a few bucks out of every paycheck.

Holy fucking shit, tumblr is legitimately cancer.

I swear they sell repros, if not it wouldn't be hard to make a massdrop.

Are people really bad at electronics/hardware in general? Just get reproduction or make one.

Team work?
Make a script that would auto-set everything up like it's done on lutris.
Flatpack for extra fun™

user, Tumblr is own by Yahoo. What you capped was Twitter owned by CIAniggers.

Yeah, I was using anex. I'll try fmgen.

It's disheartening how few people know about the Neo Kobe collections. They're basically solving exactly what you're complaining about.

Here's a link to the main PC-98 collection: mega.nz/#F!jIgkXQDY!hE3FQNWl77DkzKErGdz35g

Here's a link to the thread: fullmotionvideo.free.fr/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1621

Top tier shit user

Is there a guide to play Snatcher and Policenauts?
I'm fairly sure they both have translations for the PC-98, but they're impossible to download and even worse to translate.

I couldn't even run them on an emulator last time I trued.

romhacking.net/translations/3159/

We need to Nuke Cali, I know there are plentyvof people there fighting the good fight, but its pointless now, it has to be done.

Ren needs to visit the HG offices and houses

Since this is the ancient weeb PC game thread, I should remind everyone that doesn't know about TRON to research it if you ever want another reason to hate Microsoft to death.

>[1984] TRON (The Real-time Operating Nucleus) is birthed in a lab at Tokyo U. It's an RTOS, has an open architecture that allows you to twist it into pretty much anything you want (seriously; the kernel doesn't even have any source code, just documentation and guidelines for writing your own kernel - which allowed companies to tailor the entire damn OS to whatever hardware they had instead of the other way around, ideal for embedded chips), a tiny footprint and response times that can be brought down to microseconds
>[1985] Many companies start adopting their own flavors of TRON for industrial and commercial use and the first BTRON (Business TRON; the PC fork) PCs start coming out
>[1989] The government of Japan is unhappy with being Microsoft's bitch, so they give Matsushita [Panasonic] a contract to eventually replace all of their Microsoft PCs in schools with their shiny new PanaCAL ET BTRON PCs
>The PanaCAL ET, in 1989, had a RTOS, could display moving color video in a separate window and had dual-boot compatibility with MS-DOS despite having a 7 year-old Intel chip and 2MB of RAM while MS-DOS computers using the exact same chip at higher clock speeds and with 4MB of RAM couldn't even run more than one application at once - it essentially blew everything Microsoft had the fuck out
>[1989] Adoption of TRON personal computers is killed by a US Trade Representative (working under the (((witch))) who later negotiated NAFTA for the US) who said that said adoption constituted "potential and actual market intervention" and threatened Japan with economic sanctions if they didn't immediately and unconditionally abandon their plans to switch their school computers to BTRON

And that, my children, is the story of how Microsoft threatened to break Japan's legs if they stopped paying their protection money and the reason that the most promising advancement in personal computing since the GUI hasn't seen the light of day for 28 of its 33 years of existence.

They don't. Also the PC-88 version of Snatcher isn't worth playing anyway, it doesn't have the ending chapter.

At least we have a shot at prying it from their cold, dead hands in 2021.

Many unis use *BSD, so does Sony because of it.
fug, even Sega did when making SuperH kernels.
Nothing worst than a lawsuit with no funds.