Kirby Battle Royale

It's out in the EU now, what do you EUanons and 3DS pirates think of it? Will we see competitive Kirby come up?

Will we see 3ds emulator to actually play it without buying outdated nintendo console?

Lol no. I want to see more pixel kirby games anyway, the 3D style isn't that great.

Come on user, the 3ds has a massive library and is hackable.

This. Triple Deluxe and Robobot felt like a 1:1 clone to each other, except you had a different gimmicky power

I'm currently installing it, actually. I thought the demo they handed was nice enough, so I can't wait to experience the full game.

Not the first time this happens. Dreamland 1 and 2 are clones, and so are every GBA Kirby game plus Squeak Squad.

HAL just reuses assets a lot to keep costs down. I mean, Nightmare in Dreamland, Amazing Mirror, and Squeak Squad all used the same sprites amongst themselves.

That said, while I've enjoyed Kumazaki's Kirby, I would like to see them experiment with more artstyles and gameplay methods. However apparently the latest 3DS games have been testing to see how people like Kirby playing in 3D, and are supposedly leading up to a full-fledged 3D Kirby, which would be phenominal.

Also looking at gameplay footage, parts of Battle Royale seem very RPG-esque, I'm surprised there still hasn't been one when HAL has experience with the genre (Earthbound) and Kirby seems like an absolute fit for the genre, with copy abilities and deepest lore.

No

By the way, boy, would you look at that huge gap difference between the launch dates of EU/JP and NA. T-thanks, NOA!

Good thing I have modified my 3DS.

It's fucking kirby, what do they even need to change other than menu text?

I mean the polish and stuff was still good, it was just "more of the same" and one of the games felt plenty long to 100%, I just couldn't bear doing it again on another game

Played the demo, it seems pretty good. Hard to believe this and in Japan Girls Mode4 /Style Savvy 4 is one of the last Nintendo games to get a Miiverse community that will only be around for less than a week.

The first question should be, would competitive Kirby suck or not suck?

Isn't KBR technically 3D gameplay? Viewed top down, Kirby can move in any direction and jump vertically up and over obstacles?

Gotta change all that Euro English to Burgerland English, and add memes.
Apparently the reason is NoA thought it would get lost in the crowd with all the other games this holiday season.
What's utterly bizarre is that NoE gets both Kirby and New Style Boutique 3/Style Savvy 4 (retail release) in November while having Mario Party:The Top 100 in January, while NoA gets MP:TT100 this month, a digital only release of Style Savvy 4 on Christmas day (only revealed this week) and Kirby in Jan.
Fuck, it's weird inversion of previous Kirby NA/PAL regions releases, I wonder if PAL regions will even have enough of an online presence until the NA release?

I swear that HAL puts the bare minimum effort into these games. Don't fix it if it ain't broken or something like that, right?

pretty much yeah. Kirby has been doing pretty much the same thing for decades aside from the spin offs.

Yes, but when I say a full-3D Kirby game, I'm meaning main series, not a spinoff like this and the other one that I can't recall the name of were.

At least HAL puts polish into their games unlike Game Freak. Full 3D at 60 FPS, with no objectively bad games like Pokemon X/Y.

pokemon and kirby are very different beasts. Pokemon has been trying to fix itself since day one, but the only solution they have tried is to just add more and more and more, while kirby only selects a few abilities for each game, you don't have a massively growing list of abilities and gimmick side games dangling off of it. Kirby is very tightly designed, hence not fixing it when it's not broken.

How does it feel having terrible taste? All the Shinichi Kirby games were great. The only reason people can't get into them is because they can't handle not having something faster paced like Super Star when that's not what any of the Shinichi Kirby games are supposed to be.

And the Shinichi Kirby games are an absolutely flawless art direction that's still unmatched.

While the game design is an issue, I'm more harping on Game Freak for releasing buggy and completely unoptimized games (A turn based RPG that can't 3D most of the time and can barely have 24 FPS), and is more willing to do the absolute bare minimum since they know it'll sell regardless.

I don't care if its pretty, Dream Land 3 is objectively boring compared so SS.

Everything is boring compared to ss :^)

>Also looking at gameplay footage, parts of Battle Royale seem very RPG-esque, I'm surprised there still hasn't been one when HAL has experience with the genre (Earthbound) and Kirby seems like an absolute fit for the genre, with copy abilities and deepest lore.
I assume you haven't looked at Team Kirby Clash Deluxe. It's a short, yet a great boss-rush game that has the characteristics of an RPG, such as finding stronger weapons and leveling up. Try it out.

Isn't that the Kirby Monster Gunter game? I'm presuming that turned out good?

I mean, it does summarizes to "HIT IT UNTIL IT DIES", but what RPG game doesn't revolves around this?

Let me guess. It's automatically shit just because it has free but microtransactions scheme on it? Easily bypassed by downloading a specific plugin for the game and tweaking with the plugin to get unlimited Magic Apples.
Besides, I think it was good, again. You can have some fun with it if you do different combinations and coordination of your team, and recruit others Kirbys around the world through online (just as CPUs still, not that you can actually have online coop), which I thought it's neat. To give you an idea, spoilers, but but you get to fight Shadow Dedede from TP that was apparently fused with Dark Mind from The Amazing Mirror. Even its background theme music was fused between Masked Dedede's and Dark Mind's themes as well. Assuming you have read the spoilers, If you're curious over the music that I'm talking about, search King D-Mind's theme. Not posting the music because also spoilers and plus excuses to post cute blob penguin.

Admittedly the line between normal Kirby games and spinoffs is a bit blurry, it helps that HAL has made every Kirby game except Epic Yarn. Would have thought this would count as a main game.

Yeah there's obvious spinsoff like Pinball, Star Stacker/Avalanche, Block Ball, Dream Course, etc. Does Canvas Curse count? Or it just a standard Kirby game designed with a touchscreen only interface?

The hardest thing in all of kirby is beating the fucking bomb clone kirby on the hardest difficulty in triple deluxe

fuck

Are you talking about some Wii games I've never touched or what the fuck

So what kind of game is this supposed to be? webm?

Competitive Kirby is just fucking Smash.

When I said clones, I meant how both has the same feeling, same controls and same engine to handle physics and theses stuff. In other words, Dreamland 2 shares the engine from Dreamland 1. Of course, I didn't meant that Dreamland 2 is a rehash, so sorry if that came out wrong.

Canvas Curse features a new gimmick control, but it's still a mainline because it features the same content all the other mainline Kirby games have: reach to the end, get copy abilities, clear this bonus room to get more score and lives, boss per one world/stage, minigames and others.

Now even fucking Kirby have a Battle Royale game? What are next? Mega Man Battle Royale? Call of Duty Battle Royale? I am tired of this fucking Battle Royale trend.

image source?