Fallout thread

About to start Fallout 1, anything I should know before I begin? Is the GOG version the best one?

I think I'll make some kind of high-agility gunslinger cowboy that uses pistols and gets lots of VATS perks.

Other urls found in this thread:

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Caesar
kickstarter.com/projects/atomrpg/atom-rpg)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This just makes my head hurt

Yeah I thought the system was in the older games, this combat is pretty boring so far. Is it better in 2?

I have no words.

Nevermind I'm retarded, apparently VATS is called targeted attack and I shouldn't have taken fast shot.

A chinese post apocalypse would have you hunting down radioactive dogs to eat.

Know that it's a shallow low-content game with bad controls and bad mechanics that doesn't live up to the hype.

It's mildly better in 2. For once thing, ammo type actually does something in 2. You can also do a bit more with unarmed combat. Still a bag of shit though.

Tactics > 2 > 1 > BOS > NV > 3=4

You can stop trying, Todd.

Sweet christ. A plus trolling, I got to admit.

You shut your whore mouth.

Ammo type means exactly jack and shit in both Fallout 1 and 2 beyond "works" and "is shit" unless you mod it due to a bug. Just don't use AP, ever.

no

NV is trash
Tactics is a masterpiece.

Wrong.
1 > 2 > Jagged Alliance 2 > Tactics >>> NV >>>>> BoS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 3=4

You are objectively wrong about NV
Tactics is fun, but not a masterpiece

Getting warmer.

Nah it's pretty spot on. Tactics was a better game than NV, unless of course you meant 2 > 1

Hiroshima Simulator VR.

Pathetic

F2 has better gameplay and exploration.
F1 has better story and writing, I can give it that.

I don't really see a difference in gameplay between 1 & 2, but the meme writing sets 2 lower for me tbh. Also I set NV pretty low and it is better than BoS which isn't saying much.

New Vegas >*

That would be SMT lad

1 is better than 2 for most non-mechanical reasons. 2 is mechanically superior, but filled with some silly shit that needn't be there and New Reno was sort of silly as well.
NV's story, worldbuilding and so on are objectively better than Tactics, even with the non-fleshed-out Legion. Tactics has the advantages of being properly isometric and having decent mechanics (pinched shamelessly from JA2) but is SHIT storywise. I consider them to be in a dead heat overall (Tactics had a ton of shitty perks too, whereas the amount of objectively shit perks in NV is honestly fairly low). Calling POS better than NV is just absurd, though. FOBOS was absolutely wretched.

Shoo shoo NMA goblin

Invest in sniper rifle, and aim for the eyes in VATS, works well. Also make sure your intelligence is above 5 or you are retarded and people cant understand you. It locks you out of quests.

If you're going to shine the troll on at least be funny and recommend he dumpstat intelligence and pump endurance and charisma.

Skip 2, it's the Bordermemes of Fallout
Nevermind, bordermemes would be right up your alley.

We know it's you Todd, you fucking manlet

A reskinned JA2 is still much better than NV. Going from turn based to an aRPG is downright retarded even if "MUH STOWY" is better. Granted, if Obsidian had more time they'd probably go back to the old Fallout formula but you can thank Bethesda for that.

Reworked

Rerolling now, I think I'll do this instead. Is high charisma worth it?

Not trolling, whats this ammo type bug and should I fix it?

Charisma in FO1 is USELESS, just go high int high speech, new speech options are given by INT not Charisma, as it should have been.

Join the Midwestern Brotherhood of Steel, rid the wasteland of all the SCUM.

Also, another strike against Tactics - if you actually play it like a proper BoS chapter (no fucking ghouls, muties or deathclaws) and keep Barnaky happy it's considered the evil route. Also also Barnaky is a bad guy for some reason because fuck you. Also also also FUCKING TALKING HAIRY DEATHCLAWS WHY.

Yeah, no, you broke Hanlon's Razor within 3 posts, you aren't fooling me. The AP bug never got fixed because fixing it fucked with ALL ammo for some damn reason and honestly the best shit doesn't need AP ammo.

CHA is the optimal dumpstat in both FO1 and FO2 (unless you really want a posse in FO2 or have very low STR and need Sulik/etc along to packmule shit for you).

I don't like you.
Different ammo types do jack shit. Just play it as is on your first run. If you had fun and want to play the game again, then apply some patches.

I actually do have somewhat decent charisma that I can easily raise for more companions with these babies. I love playing Fallout 2 with an entire possy consisting of my man Sulik, Cassidy, my boi Lenny, Goris and Pariah

Anything close enough?
inb4 real life Africa

Personality-wise he's fine but fuck he's almost useless otherwise.
I see you like to live dangerously.
When I went charismatic I usually opted for Sulik, Vic (or Skynet later on) and Cassidy. Or K9, Robodog and Dogmeat for shiggles

Why live

Every time I go to Reno I have Lenny stand by the car for my entire stay in Reno, can't have it stolen you see? But then they steal it on the first day right in front of Lenny

I'm pretty sure I can already do that in Fallout.

I wonder if we'll ever get a fallout game again were we can play as a ghoul, not counting mods of course.

Has anyone tried out Killap's Fallout 2 Restoration Mod? It adds a whole slew of content and fixes, it's pretty dope, adds the abbey, and an entire new section with 3 new companions.

Yes. Wouldn't use it for your first time through the game, but it's nice (one of the few good things to come out of NMA).

2 can be fun, but it's rough at the start, and when it comes to the first 2 fallout games you gotta savescum like a bitch.

Does it add in an option to be myrons little slut?

It ain't my first time in the rodeo pardner Just wanted to see if I was not the only one to utilize it.

Myron, baby, Myron!

Seriously Kys for wanting to sleep with that grease boy

Not really. The only time I ever savescummed in FO2 was when I was being an ass and doing the SanFran trick.
Pic related

No bully. It's for character development. Besides, hes a good chemist for jet on the road. I bet you faggots always choose cassidy and marcus

Last time I tried it I think it crashed the game? Some dialog with Myron was bugged anyway. But yeah, it does from what I remember. Restoration project is a must-have and it's a great mod, first playthrough or not. It adds depth and new stuff.

This Jack Frost always disturbed me with how erotic it looks

This is almost up there with the pedo RP autist who drank from the toilets in Little Lamplight for "character development".
I generally just parked him somewhere convenient and occasionally used him to make super stimpaks. He's pretty awful in every other way.
Marcus is sort of bro-tier but he's really terrible for a number of reasons.

I demand to know more.

You got my interest. Tell me more about this pedo.

Christ now I wish I had saved the caps. Some guy RPed a pedophile in FO3, followed the Megaton kids around like a creeper, got to LL and fixated on the one little girl, got to the toilets in LL and drank himself into rad poisoning death because it was RP. Someone must have the screencaps of that, it gets posted from time to time. I'll look around a bit.

I vaguely remember something like that but I wish I had caps of this.

Found it on fucking FunnyJunk of all places. Predates 8ch.

Oh yeah. That brings old memories back.

It's still possible, you know

Consider the following: Take Fallout 3 and replace every instance of the name "Enclave" with "(Midwestern) Brotherhood of Steel". Turn the Lyon's Pride into their own thing, too, because fuck that. Is Fallout 3 now vaguely interesting?

Note the "Enclave" power armor in Fallout 3 being really strongly modeled after the Midwestern Brotherhood of Steel power armor from Fallout Tactics, too.

Try harder, I can still make out the letters in my original pic.

Except it doesn't make any sense now, user. Which would make it fit right into FO3, now that I think about it.

We've got a live mutie here, boys.

where's that mod list for fallout 3?

I don't give a shit for the Enclave, they all died at Navarro and the Oil Rig, the end.

Fuck you FO3 for bringing them back from the dead

nv i mean

Old jpg screencaps have a certain look to them that I can't perfectly recreate, but here's one at 80% quality

Throw out the intended reading of Fallout 3, as well. Who says the nation expending their greatest military assets and personnel to civilise the nightmare land that DC has become are the bad guys?

kek

It's gotta make more sense than the Fallout 3 we have. Except… where's Washington DC? Oh, fuck, that's a big issue of geography.

How about this, DC is a wasteland since it was bombed to shit, groups of violent tribesmen and mutants are pushed to the old DC wasteland due to the advancement of the Midwestern BOS, DC becomes a battleground for all the several tribes, some more peaceful than others.

The player can pick either tribe or join the BOS in wiping out all the tribes or just assimilating them to expand the BOS.

That's just how I would see it.

That's because fags save them, post them on kikebook, save them, post them elsewhere and repeat it for like 10 iterations until jpgs become unreadable and pixelated to shit due to constant recompression.

This is why you're weak and still a casual, you're not willing to go the extra mile and make yourself stronger, even if that stronger is by sucking a nerds dick for your next fix. It's all about context and improvement.

It crashes the game when you talk to myron? That's an uninstall for me right there. He's usually one of my main companions.

Go home Holla Forums.
You're the user who doesn't use buffs in combat aren't you?
Agreed. Such a boring character.

No, it fucked up the dialog with him and sometimes caused crashes last time I played, some year or more ago, but I think that got patched already. The fag forgot to put brackets somewhere so it fucked with Myron's dialogue. Go check on the forums, they are actually a strangely active community for a 18 year old game.

I said ALMOST. (Turning tricks for Mynon to get your Jet fix is nearly as nasty. Nearly.)
I just don't need them. The only really crazy-good chem is probably Psycho and the addiction/withdrawal symptoms for it suck hard. Mentats are useful OUT of combat at times, but the only time Buffout's worth a damn is when you're trying to force doors and shit (and you don't have the implants/power armors yet).

Oh. When I play my next playthrough in a few weeks to a month i'll check it out.

Tbf, myron is kinda cute, and it's kinky.
It's also nowhere near as nasty, pedo stuff is wrong and gross
Only because you're a casual who doesn't know how to minmax properly.

You don't even need to minmax in FO2, but I have rarely had a problem that I needed chems to fix. ESPECIALLY if I pick Gifted.
Dumping Strength is generally not a great idea. I usually start it at 5. Does fine, you get the implant and power armor by the time you really need more strength on hand in a more permanent fashion. Small Frame will nick your carrying capacity a bit if you pick it, so don't dump strength and pick Small Frame.
Agility should absolutely never ever be dumped. I baseline at 8 minimum, that's if I go both Small Frame and Gifted which take it to 10. If you don't want to use the incredibly broken Gifted, start at 9, pick Small Frame anyway.
Luck can be dumped but it results in bad times (or hilariously bad times if you took Jinxed). I don't dump luck because I like the Sniper perk. Go 8 to start if at all possible, get the +2 luck Zeta scan from the one Hubologist, and take Sniper at 24. Have fun faceraping everything with Gauss Pistol/Rifle.
Intelligence you only dump if you really want to play a stupid character. Otherwise, start as high as possible. 9 Intelligence is not irrational if you can get the statpoints for it by dumping/choosing Gifted.
Perception is kind of nice, but not critical. Starting value of anywhere from 5 to 7 is fine.
Endurance I usually go anywhere between 1 and 4. HP is alright and all but being able to murder shit in the first few turns is better. Usually if you're in a situation where you need gobs of HP something has already gone really wrong/you're under-armored/both. That said, 1 Endurance to start makes for a really challenging run through early game, so use discretion.
Charisma is the prime dumpstat. I never take it higher than 6 AFTER Gifted and the blue memory module and the mirrored shades. Dump it completely if you want to just solo. Barely matters. Keep in mind that the kickass combat implants slash your charisma score a bit if you max them (worthwhile trade, IMO).

Oh, keep in mind the Gain Foo perks. Don't use them for EVERYTHING, but a few are worth it, depending on your situation/build.
Worthwhile perks are Awareness (there aren't many other decent perks at that level), Better Criticals (makes shit blow up REAL good), Sniper (Slayer if melee, Slayer's ridiculous and you don't need uber luck with Slayer), and a handful of others I can't remember off the top of my head. Crits are godly in FO2 especially, having a good crit rate when you snag the .44 Mag revolver turns you into an angel of death, and when you get Gauss weapons later you can oneshot shit a lot of the time with Sniper and good LK.

As for combat tactics, targeted shots are your friend. Eyeshots are great for crits. Deathclaws you shoot in the legs first, because their AI is dumb and if you cripple their legs they try and run (which they've suddenly become really bad at). Most robots/machines become completely helpless if you shoot their sensors.

I hope I didn't screw up on the stats. I wanted to play a character more gifted in speech/jewing to get through situations rather than just becoming death.

Played Fallout 1 but it was years ago, so i am rusty and forget viable things etc. Going to play through blind.

Lockpick is a better tag than Doctor, honestly. Lockpick is stupidly useful. But Small Guns and Speech are solid picks. CH is excessive even for a diplo character, but you do you, it can still get through the entire game without much of an issue I wager.

(noice)
Like said, skills like lockpicking and sneak are far more useful than doctor (with a Doctor Skill of 60-80%, you can get successful heals almost every time). Also, Inteligence is very important because apart from defining how many skill points you get every level, it also gets you access to more dialog options.

You've ruined the fun by making it so sanitized user. You're supposed to minmax within the confines of your build, not like this. Not like this.

Play a stupid character with 1 int.

wat does this mean
I've run a number of different builds and the hands-down most ridiculously good but still-fun one was the posse gifted gunslinger. It's impressively difficult to make an unplayable build in FO2, really.

Anyway, traits to stay away from:
Bruiser is so bad. So, so bad. You do not want to sacrifice action points.
Heavy Handed is something you only do if you dumped luck. Maybe. It's really crap otherwise.
All the others are either conditional/for RP purposes/fun or actually good.

if you really want just utter fucking cheese roll a high LK unarmed Gifted Jinxed character and watch enemies literally kill themselves. It's funny for a gimmick playthrough.

See having a gimmick or a special skill is better, like a gifted gunslinger, but how you were explaining it before was just
Which is dale, sanitized and stale. The best builds find a way to make themselves OP within the confines of their inception.
I've done the jinxed playthrough which was fun as fuck i'll admit. I've still never actually played a proper retard playthrough tho.

Kill yourself, kike.

How is Wasteland 2?

Drink paint thinner, nigger.
You don't even deserve that (you).

Wasteland 2 is… flawed. If you can snag it for cheap, go ahead I guess, but I just was not having anywhere near as much fun with it as I had with old Fallouts and the first Wasteland. YMMV.

If you're serious about getting into this game, and you're not just trolling, then get used to failing a few times. It's not a shooter with "RPG elements." It's an RPG. If you're not used to the genre you are going to fail A LOT until you learn.

Don't forget to save in multiple slots.

Oh god this. Yes. Also, unless you want to do an Iron Man run save before you travel between major locations. Some random encounters (and some special encounters, depending) can absolutely fucking ruin your day.

fallout, fallout2,>>> fallout New Bugginess/ chestbreach vids > wasteland 2 >>> capital greenshitty filter (pointlookout and mothership zeta were awesome, but thats it) >>>>>> Fallout 4: bio blackops modern warfare shock

Come on, 4 is at least marginally better than 3. They both have vomit-inducing writing and aren't RPGs but at least the combat is tolerable in 4. 3 doesn't really have anything going for it.

friendos quick poll:
fallout 2 or a STALKER game? already have new vegas if that makes licking for me easier?

Why settle for one? Try them all

What's wrong with project Nevada?

if i can only go for one, which one should i settle for?

speaking of mods, whats the Holla Forumserdict on requiem / ultimate skyrim for the elder scrolls 5? makes the game hardcore, and a little more challenging, but is the game redeemable?

and for the skyrim fans here, anyone excitrd for beyond skyrim?

Isn't the GOG version/Bethesda re-releases based on the European versions where you can't kill children?

Try to find torrents based off the original US .isos.

Play Fallout 1 before 2. If you like the exploring in NV go with STALKER, if you like the role playing go with Fallout 1.

Well Near A Tomato was actually decent post apocalyptic game. It was one of few times we actually saw post apo world that didn't get its shit together. Pretty much of instead of struggling to survive a struggle for a reason to keep surviving.
Besides that:
Dark Souls and pretty much every other Souls game.
Tokyo Jungle is what you want for your answer.
SMT was already said but still there is that.
God Eater and Code Vein?

Problem is Japs and other Mongoloids like to throw apocalypse like Western media like to use ancient civilizations. One giant plot device for them to do stuff that is essentially magic. Sometimes developed nicely but more often nothing interesting is done with it.

Same question.

lol, what is with this insistence that criticism for the original isometric shitheaps must come from modern Fallout fans? You understand the original games being bad doesn't preclude the FPSs from being shit too, right?

Is there a reason the Fallout 3 logo is on the NV box art?

fallout 4 is a bioshock game written by bioware that got rebranded fallout mid development cycle

Really nigga ?
Because NV really is Fallout 3 if you consider the story and the lore of the series, the team that worked on the game, and compare it to the other modern Fallout games. NV is the only one worthy of even being considered a predecessor to the originals

lol what is with this insistence that games which are liked by people who like a certain genre must be bad because children have gotten older and pretend to be fans? You understand that games don't just get worse because you like the little noises Mario makes when he jumps, right?

So what you're saying is it's some autists desperate futile attempt to omit and butcher reality in favour of their own opinion of what they think of as canon.

Face reality, FO3 exists and it's not NV, sadly for all you FO1 and 2 blowjobbers it's better known and more playable than both the earlier iterations too.

I'll just nb that with: All Fallout games are retarded.

You paint me as retarded Wojack but:

That would mean it was set before the originals.

So is Fallout 3 though

You forgot to take that POS Fallout 3 out of the Main seires dumbass.
Shit wasn't much better than 3 and just because it was made by a bunch of the original guys doesn't mean it was good - just look at Raven Software, no one is defending their crappy CoD games because they made awesome shit like Black Crypt, Heretic, Solider of Fortune back in the day, so fuck off with the Obsidian meme.

Don't you mean successor? I agree that it is more of a worthy followup to the originals than 3 was, but come on man.

Does someone have that edit of image 1 where Mr. House is presented as the exception?

Also, leddit ruined my meme by fucking up the punchline. I was looking for the original because it wasn't in my computer.

It's debatable whether the people caesar killed were innocent. Whores, prostitutes, pimps, communists, and NCR are NOT innocent by any margin.

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Caesar

Gotta break a few eggs

Post-apocalyptic ISIS aren't heroes.

He is only president in name.

It was a low effort meme yet leddit still managed to make it worse.

But that's not Joshua Graham :^)

What you said is too retarded to understand.
1) Joshua Graham is a single person not a group.
2) Joshua Graham is part of the Legion.
3) What the hell is that suppose even mean?

Yes, that's what Bethesda's Fallout 3 is and that's why New Vegas is the real Fallout 3.

user, you know full well tribals are monsters.

Caesars Legion is 90% white, and based on Rome, not muhamada.

The institute managed to make the story to Fallout 3 make sense in execution. Does anyone have that screencap talking about how fucked up their objectives were in a way that they made no fucking sense?

So acting like mudslimes is ok if you have the right skin color? OK. There are plenty of White traitors that joined ISIS.

Only after Caesar trained them into being them for his Legion.

But user what do you mean, the legion is winning. That's as far from acting like a mudslime as possible.

user, your neofag is showing.

They lost the First Battle of Hoover Dam and it is up in the air for the Second Battle of Hoover Dam.
Mudslimes cucked a lot of places. Europe got pretty cucked.

And you have the audacity to call me a neofag user? What fun life must be without any degree of self awareness.

no you fucking retard, its an oblivion game with guns shoved in it

And have been winning since
It's interesting you never said "won", because they don't win, cause they're useless, which is how poland of all places took them down.

You give yourself way too much credit. Your point was shit. The tribals were already raping and murdering people for funzies and bragging rights. Caesar just showed the pieces of shit how to do it effectively by doing it to the other raping and killing pieces of shit. He himself says this, course you ignore that to try and make caesar the bad guy for being better and more organized at his job than others, cause you're probably a communist cuck that doesn't like ambition and effectiveness.

Do you think all of those countries have always been Muslim? They have won some battles. Why don't you join your White mudslime apologists in the media?

You gonna post a source that backs that up? Because user already posted with citation that they weren't as savage as the Legion until Caesar showed up, that all they had were skirmishes. You got evidence to back your shit up or are you arguing your stubborn inability to admit you were wrong and muh legion?

Dying of Cancer isn't winning.

Also, enjoy having your nation be cucked to death.

You're now derailing the thread with offtopic things. This will be the last (you) you get from me.

His plan is to save civilization. Unlike NCR, who are failing.

His own conversations say as such. When he talks about "playing at war"
They were already raping and enslaving long before he arrived, he was just more effective at it, hence why he's top dog.

Frankly, the only possible successes ncr has is due to intervention, like the bomb that we stop at mcarran, otherwise it'd work and boom. But it also shows the perfectly placed spy network.
Then there are the fiends harrying the ncr and even raping their snipers, who admit to working for legion.
The only way the NCR one the first time is because graham is an idiot, the ncr blew up a city to win and they still barely won, after blowing up an entire city and having a superior commander in the battle eg: hanlin
Everything has to come back to muslims with you cucks. Go back to prepping your bull and leave us alone without your erotic obsessions.

You really love sucking that cock from that old White Mudslime dying of Cancer.

You tried. Poorly, but you tried.

My entire premise was that the legion were conquering tribes that were not innocent. The admission from Caesar is proof they were raping, murdering and enslaving already, long before he entered the scene. None of them were innocent, Caesar was just better at it. He's being shit on for being the best in his field.

By your logic, you can't shit on someone for being the best at twerking.

My argument was never that he wasn't a piece of shit, just that he wasn't murdering innocents, which the tribals were not. He built an empire on slavery and conquest. Of course hes a cunt, but most great men who change the world are.

Hardly. Using horrific acts in order to stabilize and get rid of horrific acts is an entirely different premise.

You called tribals monsters yet you're claiming the people who turned them into actual monsters that are a thousand times worse are the ones saving humanity? You are an idiot. Just straight up a fucking idiot. Like every Legionfag that shits up New Vegas threads. Whatever, enjoy your final (You) from me and feel free to pretend you somehow won this argument.

The plan to save civilization is to use the total war tactics of savages to unify a balkanized region, along with creating single culture. Tribals have no objective, no goal, and commit monstrous acts without reasoning. Equating that to a unified states army is moronic. You cannot think past your own initial emotions.

Myron looks like Reviewbrah

People comparing the legion to isis always leave me confused to say the least
This is on par with you are literally hitler. There are other points to complain about them but instead these people just show up on every fo thread to shitpost

Apparently a little bit of rape, slavery and murder is okay so long as you're bad at it.
Unsurprising since your flimsy arguments have all been trounced.

Just play the fucking game you under aged cunt.

The Muslims were spreading like plague conquering the holy land and killing everyone else that is making a pilgrimage. Maybe try not just using the argument that they aren't ISIS because they are Roman or White.

Why do you avatarfag?
Why do you have such shit taste in Mongolian cartoons?

He didn't imply that at all, though.

He's been trying to derail the thread, probably because he's a bethescuck.

I guess that you one that argument.

(you)

What happened to

You disappoint me.

Go masturbate to little girls, Satan. You are still assblasted faggot.

it's an overhaul mod that would collide with other mods posted in the pic, especially with JSawyer mod. On top of that nevada is more about shooting mechanics (sprinting, grenade button etc.) closer to CoD than rpg ones

New vegas > 4 > 3 > the other trash isometric

have a (you)

wow grampa, do think this is 2005 or something?

The enclave is still the most powerful and populated faction, even after losing ravenrock.
I believe we deal only with the presidential division, both in fo2 and fo3. There is absolutely no way for the enclave to be reduced to an oil rig and a refueling station by the time of fo2.
If you say that is silly for the presidental division to be relocated on the other coast, i agree. But to say the enclave should be dead, that's just retarded.

Tbh
NV>2>1>Tactics>3>4>Other shit

So how many times is Fallout 4 going to be released in the next eight to ten years?

swap 2 and 1 and we're good

It won't be. Fallout 4 has become increasingly unpopular, unlike Skyrim which is largely just shit on on imageboards. Skyrim though will get more rereleases on new console platforms.

I preferred 2 tbh.

This place is really a haven for pretenders.

Get a load of this retard. There is nothing secret about this place, and there never has been. The only one pretending is you.

Go small guns high luck.
Get sniper perk.

You can already do that in china.

People with a similar problem to (you) and him wore 'Spoiler Alert: Hilary Wins' t-shirts.

I played FO3 more than NV and I've played NV through twice. That some fags are so precious about this series concerning anything past FO2 is lolworthy, the whole series is fucking stupid and shoddily made, the complaints people level at 3 are hilariously weak as nearly all of them apply to NV and NV has many of its own problems to boot.

The first 2 are relics and not very good ones but I understand the aggro from having a series dragged up/bastardised by a group they don't like. However what would make the whining a tad more justifiable is if those people actually played any of the earlier games when they were relevant and wasn't a load of retroactive: "Looky at me I'm such an oldfag cos I pirated them off GOG last year" that we actually see.

I mean fuck, you complain about FO3 when FO4 exists? When does it stop mattering to you? When do you realise your precious canon is meaningless in the face of IPs changing hands?

Do it yourself you crybaby.

Would you say the same if it was YOUR favorite IP being butchered?

Without those criticisms, people would have sucked Bethesda's dick with FO4 like people did with FO3. Stop being a faggot.

I don't know whether to feel happy that I've helped people, or sad that I've spent so much valuable time on vidya. Speaking of…

My autism returns with a second gift! I did some playing around with the damage formula for New Vegas listed on the wiki, and found the exact points at which hollow-point ammo beats regular and armour-piercing rounds. Here's the short and skinny of it:

Neat. Thanks user. Think you could flesh it out to cover the Hand Loader permutations? I imagine it'll probably just be a matter of Hand Loader stuff being objectively superior at all times, but it'd still be pretty cool.

There are a lot of different Hand Loader ammo types. Any one in particular you're thinking of?

.308 JSP and .45-70 JFP mostly because they're the ur-endgame-ammo types more or less. Also, how does +P 9mm handload stack up versus the other common pistol calibers? (I really like Maria.)

SWC for 45-70, I mean. Fuck me.

Wait a sec I thought +P was the 9mm handload, not JHP. Fuck it's been a while.

Don't you have a Call of Duty to be opening Lootboxes in?

So far I have only played Fallout 3 and NV, back when it when it first came out I played a ton of Fallout 3 due to the basic fighting and looting gameplay being very entertaining. I didn't play much NV at the time since I guess I was burned out, but a few months ago I started a new game of NV after playing it for a while I found out about the Tale of Two Wastelands mod that lets you combined Fallout 3 and NV into one game.

Since I wanted items I remember liking from Fallout 3 I started playing that games content. the difference is night and day user. Fallout 3's writing is Dog shit, after going from NV to 3 all I wanted to do was go back to NV. The people in NV feel like they have stories to tell and most of them really do and that makes me give a shit about them. most people in Fallout 3 felt like boring exposition dump in comparison.
In an RPG the most important part is the writing since your talking to people all the god damn time. Fallout 3's writing is shit so that makes it shit. New Vegas Writing is great and that makes it great. every single complaint i'v seen against Fallout 3 is justified in my eyes.

God damn that mod is an abortion. Never take a smart story and mash it into a stupid story, the contrast between the two locations makes Fallout 3 look worse and drags down New Vegas. I guess at least it makes some people see how shit 3 is by comparison.

You are fucking retarded, full stop. You need to stop posting.

Anyone fall for the kickstarter meme for A.T.O.M. RPG?
(Shilling site goes here: kickstarter.com/projects/atomrpg/atom-rpg)

Done. Here you are:

Have my game set up like that, except the enemies can actually fuck me up pretty bad. Pretty fun for the 30 minutes it will run before crashing.

I only use Tales Of Two Wastelands so I can play the DLC like the Pit, I always use the NV start, and take off for the Fallout 3 DLC at the end, It's kind of satisfying.

Tactics had brain-dead dialogue options. Exactly like Ford Model T paint options.

Making progress here.
I was getting absolutely slaughtered on my way to New Reno was was getting pissed.
I did everything as best I could up to that point cleared up the quests in Klamath, Vault City, Gecko, and The Den and I felt underpowered as hell. The I got a lucky encounter some Yakuza fighting with mobsters, they kill eachother and I walk away with a Sniper Rifle.

Went back to The Den and had sex with a hobo for $200 for a couple days and bought ammo then steam rolled all the way to Broken Hills.

Your special stats are garbage. Should have had a couple 9s or 10s and luck down to 1. At least, in my opinion. Luck is a useless dump stat and perception is of the most important combat skills. Doctor is a nice thought for a tag skill, but I prefer a more utilitarian skill like lockpick, science, even sneak isn't a bad choice.

Also, you don't know the true beauty of having ten agility. Shoot twice in one turn? Yes please.

Luck is a useless dump stat until you want to actually crit something which you need to do in order to do serious damage in mid-late game. Or get some spending money from gambling tables. Or avoid the exploding brahmin encounter which will fucking murder you. Or not get absolutely fucked by the Pariah encounter.
Luck is an extremely shaky choice for dump. I'd dump Endurance before Luck, Charisma before both.
10 Agility is nice but you hardly need to nuke Luck to do it, nor should you. As for shooting twice, that's nowhere near as important in early game as you seem to think, and by mid to late game you'll have secured BRoF and Action Boy. Early to early-mid shoot and scoot is perfectly viable against melee opponents, and against ranged opponents the bonus AC you get from shooting and applying the leftover AP to AC is amazingly helpful.

I wasn't going for perfectly optimized stats, I went in blind with the idea of playing a more passive character.

user you reposted the screencap about the Enclave from 3 that some other dude had already posted in this very thread.
Thank you for replying though.

That's… not even remotely the same thing as the average fallout game.

Sure, Fallout 4 needed more finishing, but was better than fallout 1 and 2, 3 and new vegans in terms of gameplay

Far Cry 2 is the closest thing you're gonna get, and it's a fairly flawed game.

Pity the game has fixed appearances for your possy. Imagine a whole squad in power armors behind you.

It's not as bad as you exaggerate.

You need to keep Endurance at least at 4 for a certain perk with extra hp, and some charisma grants you additional pack mule companions. Because they serve only a little more use than that.

Every time.

What do you guys think of Melee Weapons and Unarmed in New Vegas? I've done a lot testing in the past few days, particularly against deathclaws, and come to a few conclusions:
I want to love Melee/Unarmed, but the absurd stat and level requirements before you're actually a competent fighter leave me disappointed.

Melee It would work if guns weren't as common in NV as they are in the first 2 FO games. Where often random gangs would have 3 - 4 guys with spears or knives and 2 or 3 with guns.

Why does thew 1970 pic show western tourists?

Here you go.

Is it going to get better? Is it like Morrowind, where you need to do some preparation and go level up your skills before the combat becomes bearable and you aren't fucked in every situation?

I can not believe this.

You just have to play the game, user.
How the fuck did you end up in Junktown before shady sands? Are you retarded?

Just play Fallout 4, user.

I greatly appreciate your uppity dismissive attitude.

I just decided to explore and went south. I went the correct way the second time.

Only the bad can survive the wasteland, are you bad enough user?

You ain't bad.

In your first playthrough if you are going in blind you are probably going to lose because of shitty building. It's just part of the game if you feel underpowered it's because you did something wrong.

lmao

Made it to NCR and did the quest for the area involving Vault 15.

The only issue I have is if a group of enemies surrounds and targets me as long as enemies focus on my team mates I win the encounter.
After completing the quest I now have 12k caps and plan to either get into Westin's Ranch, or start looking for the other part for the car then go town to town and buy up Stimpacks with all the extra weapons I have.

4 EN is optimal and Lifegiver is nice but it's really not that difficult to get away with dumping EN once you've got decent armor. That said, even 1 CH gives you a single follower, which is fine unless you're an incorrigible packrat. Sulik is also absolutely brutal when you put a Sharpened Spear in his hands. Like, goddamn he will fucking wreck shit. When you get the Super Sledge he's an absolute god of melee (but he does really well with the .223 pistol if you're so inclined). That all having been said, take Gifted and Small Frame and you don't have to dump ANYTHING.

Melee is very viable. Unarmed is harder. For melee, you want to do Honest Hearts DLC as soon as you think you can handle it.

Mistakes you probably made:
1. You seem to think %50 is bad. That's actually decent for the start of the game. Learn to shoot and scoot - rats have shitty AP and it's pretty easy to make them waste them if you move strategically. Even in that cave.
2. You should go to the nearest town you see, which is Shady Sands. You wasted a ton of time fucking off directly to Junktown.
3. You can get the Overseer to give you more supplies, believe it or not.
4. Run from random encounters like that, early on. They aren't worth it. You should be able to outrun early radscorpions if you have as much agility as you say you do.
5. Use First Aid instead of blowing stimpaks. Even if your First Aid skill is low, just use it over and over again until you can't anymore. First Aid is fine for rat bites.

For the War Club?

AKA The Slayer of Gods. Upgraded, the War Club is absolutely absurd. Upgraded and with all the relevant perks and a bit of chem help it's BROKEN and will destroy absolutely everything.
Honorable mentions to the Thermal Lance, Super Sledge, Ripper and the upgraded Baseball Bat for early work. Melee is spoiled for good choices in NV, really.

Ah, so I assume this would be a Heavy Handed build. I remember loving the War Club, but I generally don't base builds around the DLC weapons because they're a PITA to obtain. I guess I'll make a Heavy Handed build and throw crits out the window this time, although it'll suck to miss out on all the free money from the casinos.

I absolutely love the sound the Baseball Bat makes when it connects. Most satisfying sound in NV.

Lmao, this encounter.
Walked out of it with robes that are OP.
I dont think the NPC had anything to do with the Master, it was just a lol so random refence to Monty Python. Made me laugh though when he exploded.

Got my car, and now I decided to kill Metzger, his fucking attitude pissed me off to no end. Killed him, but now the slaves are attacking me, I wanted to do a good thing.

Had a save before I decided to shoot up the place.

That happens occasionally, it's a known bug IIRC. I know I was able to kill the Slaver's Guild once without killing the slaves but I don't remember if that was with or without the killap restoration patch. Pretty sure there's a Ranger quest where you can whack the Slaver's Guild later on anyway without issue

Also
pic related
just sell your AP ammo when you find it, it's not even worth using most of the time

It ended up that not all the slaves attacked, just a few house niggas.

I hope this car was worth while, I trekked all over the place till I got that Wrench. My goal is finish up any small quests in the starting areas, Klamath, Gecko, Vault City maybe Redding, to try and get a few levels.

Dont know why people give Fallout 2 a bad rap, been throughly enjoying my playthrough.

Fallout 1 or 2 were always filled with small Monty python references or other movie/tv show jokes. If i remember correctly there were even MORE planned but they were cut out of the game due to time or just because they were unfinished.

Tokyo Jungle

I'm just baffled. You failed as both an RPG player and a normal player. No character, regardless of intelligence, would do this. Unless They were a supreme hedonist. Are you, or is your character, a homo?

You have the jsawyer installed. You should understand why it makes perfect sense for you to be assblasted by a flock of deathclaws.

underrated post

When did I say it's unfair? The whole point of my testing was to see which out of Melee and Unarmed performed better in clearing out Dead Wind cavern, and Melee proved to be far superior thanks to the Mauler special attack. Besides, JSawyer has little to do with this; if anything, it's BLEED's increase of limb and head damage multipliers that makes them harder to survive against.

Crushing it now.
Getting the GECK was probably harder than anything post GECK so far.

The fact that you can just pass a couple speech checks and steal yourself Power Armor is pretty game breaking honestly. If I had a steady source to getting ammo for the FN FAL I would be able to burst kill everything I come across in 1-2 rounds.

I assume once I actually have to start facing opponents with Power Armor will need a weapon the ignores armor.

Also why the fuck does Vic run away from EVERY fucking encounter ? Its absolutely frustrating, I gave him a Sniper, good armor and he still runs. Also, I cant stand when companions just dont attack, for what ever reason and just stand in place the WHOLE fight.

If you replay the game eventually, you can use the "Sfall" mod/script to give you control over your teammates in combat. This makes you incredibly overpowered, but you can enjoy it for a while

Vic runs away because he is genetically inferior.

Protip:
pistols and shots to the eyes kill anything and ignores armour.

Any way to get my companions into the Oil Rig without setting the whole base after me ?

I have managed to get and clear the third floor, both times though I lost one companion that I dont want to lose namely Sulik and Cassidy, the other two stupid shit Vic and Brainbot I could care less about.

Combat wise we can handle the Enclave, its just the AI making dumb decision that gets them killed, ie running into a fucking machine gun turret. Both Sulik and Cassidy both have power armor as well.

I wonder if dumping Vic (no power armor) and Brainbot would allow us to pass into the base undetected. Also, its weird but I swear the Power Armor set I gave to Cassidy is bugged sometimes, its like he gets hit for full damage.

Well made it to the end.

Fuck, the Shi are such an interesting group. I would love to see whast they did with San Francisco in years past for the lore of the series.