Solatorobo

So I got around to playing this game, and holy shit it is getting shorter by the minute! I managed to beat Part 1 in less than a day. Dungeons don't last for more than 7 minutes, so you don't have time to soak in the details. What's more, the musical score doesn't fit the style of boss fights, especially the final boss in Part 1. I never really played Tail Concerto, so I didn't have any expectations going into this other than people saying it was underrated.

I guess I can excuse the lack of meat for the fact that it was a DSi-enhanced title, but one could argue that it'd have been better off 2D, or pre-rendered sprites. But of course, it's CyberConnect2, so they tried to blow most of the budget into the art style and graphics. Plus the world-building is poorly conveyed through the story, and you have to read about it by doing basic things repeatedly. Heck, you can technically miss the little manual they give you that records your general statistics in order to reward you with lore.

I may just be getting older, and my manchild brain might be maturing, but there is barely any wonder in this game. It all goes by so fast. I mean, even so, I can see why people enjoy this game. I'm probably only half-way through Part 2 already finding out how to descend to Earth.

Anyway, your thoughts, guys? I hope I'm not the only one that feels this way.

Other urls found in this thread:

desmume.org/download/
shikaver01.webcrow.jp/desmume_x432r/index.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I've been scared away from this game because I didn't want to be called a furfag. Is it good despite being short?

Just play it in secret. Hide in your closet, that's the whole point of handhelds.

Not really. It's got good environmental design and that's about it.

If anything it's overrated as a game, people just like the world/worldbuilding and are amazed it came out at all. Actually some of the anthology books they sold about the development had some details about the evolution of the gameplay and it got from more complicated to less complicated until it reached the way it released.
I think the merchandise and the books they sold about the world were more interesting than the game anyway. If they make another then maybe they'll learn from some mistakes.

There's no shame in liking solatorobo or some fuzzy ladies

You can also set your heart on the robots.

Good beat-them-up game.
It isn't bad, but it's rather easy with exception for final bosses for both acts.

Dude it comes with an exclusive soundtrack CD!

just once I wanted Red to call her mom

Don't play it, this game will turn you into a furfag and there's nothing you can do about it.

Just accept the Japanese furfaggotry

She is perfect

I don't want to spam the thread but you're god damn right she is.

I"m not saying that's exactly what happened but I'm not denying it. Either way play it. It's a 10/10 game

I played it to bully a furfag and it turned out to be shit besides being furry.

NO
You play this, I'll damn well call you a furfag, soon to be furfag.

And you. If you're not philotes, I bet you know him. Go back to your trash heap at >>>/furry/

Any advice on how to do this on linux?

Well, I knew the thread was gonna come to this eventually. It was fun, but I guess the retard sperg squad is here to make sure no one talks about video game or has fun.

I am just doing my duty as a member of the Imperium to stop you furfags from venturing out of your containment zones.
You know why you and your kind are sent to ghettos. If you want to talk about furry vidya, go there.

Will one of these help? desmume.org/download/

Nigger this thread is for solatorobo, it is the containment zone.

Tail Concerto is better. Anyhow, this series has a surprisingly autistic (the bad kind) fanbase despite of how relatively obscure it is.

It has a fanbase?

Yeah, furfags.

It's not. It becomes repetitive 10 minutes in. Your attack is throwing enemies and somehow they made it boring. There's like two minigames, racing and a couple of shmup sections, and they're so mind numbing after the first time you do them I felt myself falling asleep. If you're going to get into this for the story or the "lore", just look up a LP and skip to the cutscenes. You'd be doing yourself a favor.

Fuck off. These threads always go down the same road. Your first post is indicative of your intention.

I already know about desmume, but I want to upscale like in pic related.
I found a fork that allows you to do this, but it's all Japanese and as far as I can tell Windows only. I might be able to use WINE on it but I'd prefer a native version. Here's a link:
shikaver01.webcrow.jp/desmume_x432r/index.html

That's not upscaling, you are rendering the game at a higher resolution.

No you fuck off. Posting fan art of a game in its own fucking thread is entirely fucking normal.

No idea then, I'm not very good at emulating myself. Try the emu thread, maybe they'll know.

Oh btw, try Drastic if you have an Android device. A closed source emulator with steady development, great optimization and high res rendering. Pirate it with Lucky Patcher.

Would you?

for shame

Dahak is pure, and for cosplaying gurren lagann with.

kys Philotes.

He thinks every furfag that likes solatorobo is the attentionwhore from the Holla Forumsolafile circlejerk

And now he actually is here

Fug. I'll go play it alone then.

Dahak is incredibly pure, that's exactly why they'll only give you handies if you're in a loving monogamous relationship with it.

I ordered the collector's edition with the OST when it came out. Honestly, for a DS game it has beautiful artwork and great music despite having pretty simplistic game mechanics and not a compelling story. Not sure than many people would enjoy it. Never finished it.

fucking why? You paid so much for it, why not at least finish the damn thing.

I bought this game based on the hype. Did I make a mistake?

You made an investment at the very least. It's worth about 70 dollars now, if not more.

Because it was a shitty game tbh. I had better games to play.

FOVRE AND FOVRE

You aren't even memeing correctly.

It's an enjoyable game though somewhat on the easy side. It'll be pretty rare one day so I'd say you made a wise purchasing decision.

Yes. You did, when you supported furfag practices.

Disregard the halfchan retard. It's a fun game and you'll have a good time. Now get out of the thread before anything is spoiled.

It's fun, but at times I was getting annoyed with the low difficulty and using a D-pad for 3D movement.
How is the prequel Tail Concerto? has anyone here played it?

Too late, its in your heart already.

It's less furfaggy than klonoa

KEMONOBROS OUT

So what's everyone's favorite Dahak model?
Favorite island?
Favorite boss?
C'mon, let's talk about the game itself instead of how furry it is or isn't for once

This is exactly how I feel about Elysian Tail.