/ogc/ Racing Games General - DO NOT DRIVE THIS VEHICLE Edition

With bonus AC DLC + Unlocker
mega.nz/#F!6YFzBJ6B!1GdosyDl2qU4Tbl2H7jUSg

steamcommunity.com/groups/AutoGamesCoalition

Other urls found in this thread:

ogc.wikia.com/wiki/OGC_Wikia
bestbuy.com/site/logitech-g29-driving-force-racing-wheel-for-playstation-3-and-playstation-4-black/4223000.p?skuId=4223000
youtu.be/-MfVOlLmOkw
forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51628-Jack-Spade-Custom-FFB-Files
nicoblog.org/pc-games/forza-horizon-3-complete-region-free-pc/
discord.gg/hXmJrJr
trippteamdownload.servegame.com:100/RFACTOR1/
promotions.newegg.com/nepro/17-7446/index.html#p=18
blog.beamng.com/the-coast-is-clear/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Let the OGC thread of the century COMMENCE!

The AC DLC is up to date and werkz. The unlocker is in the Ferrari folder.

I've successfully install all mods for rFactor that I wanted to, but failed to setup FFB to feel right so I just gave up, I guess I'm going back to AC, if only there were weather effects or at least night ;_;

PCars 2 my nigga

I wish I played on PC so I could just hack the gibson and get free games. I'm dying to play PCars 2 but I really want to wait for it to come down in price first.

Can't run it… but God do I wish I could.

You have no idea how hard I hunted for things to put in the OP. I'm not even in the steam group and I'm pretty sure it's defunct as fuck.

Now that I mention it, I should've put the wiki in the op. ogc.wikia.com/wiki/OGC_Wikia

The copypasta OP from the wiki has a dead mumble in it. How do we make /ogc/ great (again?)

anyone played dirt 4? Did they managed to fix their game or is it still shit?

Also, would steering wheel make a difference on handling? I am using some old xbox 360 controller, it's good but, there isn't really much of a difference between keyboard and controller when it comes to steering it. Acceleration makes some difference though

Could have been worse and linked the discord.

If there is ever a racing/horror hybrid game I expect this exact text to show up somewhere as a crucial plot point

I was thinking about a game like that yesterday, could take place in the mountains desu.

Both are dead. Either way what we do need is a game to play on the 17th for a gamenight with Holla Forums.

gran turismo

for real it could be a sim that's easy as fuck to get into right away

rFactor is really the only option.

It took me like a week to understand the basics, that wouldn't work at all, and don't just call me a retard because it's one of the most new player unfriendly games released in the early 2000s.

GOTY
I couldn't play more than 5 minutes. The characters can't stop talking. Why do every current year game have that shitty writing full of Whedon quips?

Genuinely curious, what didn't you understand?

The controls were off-putting immediately, then when I went to remap them I saw literally 100 things I didn't understand, it was extremely disorientating and almost made me quit the game entirely, I can guarantee you if it were a game night thing everybody would feel the exact same way, especially people who have never played a racing game in their life.

not even the red skyline can save a shit game

We have an FPS preset variant of rFactor just in case. Can't decide what to use in it though. VTCC, Historic GT, GT3, DRM?

GT3 for sure, the absolute best.

VTCC probably has the best balance of controllability and mainstream appeal.

VTCC. I love GT3 but putting random anons in high powered RWD vehicles is a recipe for disaster.

Do people still play Live for Speed?

Of course not, everyone knows the best skylines are blue.

It'll still be shit.

Crazy french assholes actually burned a 206 shell.
;_;

Is it out? Better question Is it cracked? It has an offline mode this time right so it should be possible.

Can i use that AC Unlocker to unlock the last two dlcs ? I own the rest

Not out yet just the demo afaict, cracked depends if the rumors about some SP functions still being locked being online are true and whether they're using a new DRM scheme or not (seeing AC:O it might happen)

Who makes the best shifter?

I have the G29 shifter but after finally starting my driving lessons I've come to learn it's a slushbox and not at all as notchy or as direct as a real manual. Is Fanatec's shifter worth the extra money or would I be better off getting the Thrustmaster shifter?

I have the TH8RS, it's great.
Never tried fanatec though.

I have G29 one as well, but from what I've read there isn't that much of a difference between Fanatec and Thrustmasters one so I would go with Thrustmaster.

bump

Yeah you can pick and choose from the files and then apply the unlocker afterward

Be advised, the unlocker works just fine online and everything, but it broke the shit out of my Content Manager.

Just scored an G29 to replace my DFGT
OOOOOYYYYYY VEEEEEEEYYY

Well, i'll just stop using Content manager

Ya it's kind of a give and take

It's a good wheel at least!

Why are new cars so shit and boring to drive? Test drove a 17' Civic SI and it was garbage. Interior, the steering wheel, the shifter and the clutch pedal all feel cheap and garbage and the drive felt really safe and boring. Test drove a 18' VW GTI and it was a lot better than the SI, but felt boring and the steering wheel is real thin, thicc steering wheel are better. I dunno.

I think I found the key word here.

How did you faggots get my garage statement?

Just pour corn syrup on it.

There's a 10h demo on Origin.

reset

Free demo? Because all I see is them trying to shill Origin Access.

I hate this. I have a friend with a '16 Ford Fusion, and even though the door panels are plastic, you can feel that the whole door is like a tank just by touching the plastic. Meanwhile in my '03 Beetle you can tell just by touching panel that they would cave in with zero resistance whatsoever if they were ever hit. Modern steering wheels are what annoy me the most. Every modern car I've driven feels like I'm using some cheap video game steering wheel with zero FFB.

Noice
Yeah it's definitely it, these new cars are so jam packed with safety features it takes away from the fun of it.

I'm not American.

Holy shit, best way to describe it. Truly though these new cars suck. If I was in power I'd de-regulate car manufacturing.
I've driven a mk6 GTI extensively to compare it to the mk7 GTI and the difference is night and day. MK6 has a nice thicc steering wheel and is more fun to drive and looks nicer.

Most modern cars have switched electrically assisted steering. Compared to the old school hydraulically assisted systems they lack a major amount of road feel, Porsche has some pretty good electrically assisted systems, but for the most part they're all basically exactly how you described them, like a cheap video game wheel with no FFB, because the wheel is literally not giving any feedback as to what's going on between the tires and the road.

Why has it become like this

I like my driving my mom's avensis wagon, but I hate it at the same because exactly that. The steering is so numb, I feel more of the road from my lower back than I do from the wheel.
However I can't hate it, it's such a comfy car to drive on the highways and it's where I learned to rev match smoothly because the last 3 gear are so long.

Wait to see what kind of Black Friday deals pop up.

Yeah it's on Origin Access.

I've been waiting for a few months for it, hopefully will be able to get a good deal. I'm more concerned that the best entry level options come with issues, the T300 seems to break down often and has poor customer service, and the G29 is inferior in terms of technology from what I understand. I've only used a friends' G27 for a little bit before, so I don't have much of a reference point, but considering it was cheaper and came with a shifter, the new models make me wish I had more alternatives. Just kind of surprised at how limited and undesirable the options are for the average non-enthusiast consumer.

As someone who owns a G29 i can say that i am extremely happy with my wheel. But you're right, it is behind the others in terms of technology, but it's that older technology that makes it that much more reliable than the others. I'd say anything around $250 is a pretty good deal/price for a G29, it's a solid wheel with a really nice set of pedals. It dropped to somewhere around like $200 on Amazon Prime day, hopefully it will do that again on black Friday.

That's good to hear. I read everywhere on the internet that i should get a T300RS however it's expensive as fuck and almost everyone was shitting on the G29. My G29 should be arriving soon, is the VTCC still going?

I feel like most people who criticize G29 never even tried one, the only legit criticism is that it's overpriced which it is, that why you should get it on sale and the other thing is that it's repacked G27. That's true in a way that G29 isn't a big improvement over G27 and it's using the same technology, but it's still an improvment over G27 I feel. It's funny how the same people who criticize G29 are praising G27.

Huh?! What is Amazon Prime day, was it recent? Can't believe I missed the $200 deal. Guess i'll be price watching that this month. Black Friday is the 24th, hopefully I can remember.

It's a special day of sales that Amazon does once a year, it's kinda like black Friday but for Amazon Prime members only. It was like 3 or 4 months ago I think. It was a hell of a deal on the G29.

Damn, the G29 price jumped to $299 everywhere ($282 at Amazon), it was like $230 at Best Buy a month or 2 ago, and 250 on Amazon. Is it just going to get worse before Christmas rolls around due to high demand?

Ah, I didn't know about driving FFB wheels back then, that's good to know.

Well so long as there's something like a single player mode then it will be possible (see Simcity offline saving). Also where the hell are you guys finding a demo? It's not on Origin.

Regulations to accommodate shit heels who can't drive worth a damn. So they need to have all these nannies to keep them on the road, but they'll fuck up even then and hit someone, either a car or some asshole walking along. The worse thing is that this shit getting mandated by governments so car makers aren't even free to go make some 90's base level civic any more.

Logitech G27 steering wheel swaps when

I was already mostly decided on a G29 but your input actually made me decide to go G29 all the way. Now I just need to get lucky on Black Friday.

I need a simcade with good customization but Gran Turismo 4 doesn't emulate right and I can't find anything good on PC. I was given a copy of The Crew for free but it doesn't seem very good.

Noticed Assetto Corsa was finally on sale on the PS store here in the US. I was expecting the FFB to be some sort of massive revelation based on how much everyone is always sucking that game's cock and all and slamming PCARS , but I don't know if it's because I have such a good base setup and use the Jack Spade tweaker files or what but it doesn't feel any better than PCars 1 to me in the FFB department. But sweet sassy molassy, I gotta say, the physics are fucking mind blowing compared to PCars 1. It feels so good to be able to just hang the ass end wayyyy out and not have to worry about having a 99% chance of completely fucking things up. Definitely really digging the physics. All I've gotten to play with so far is the FXX K on Barcelona since the main game is still downloading, but I'm happy with my purchase.

I really like PCars and I think it's gonna stay as my goto game for when I want some online racing, but I think AC is gonna be my new Hotlap girlfriend.

What about any of the Forza games?

Can I actually play any of those on Windows 7?

I was in the same boat as you. Tried GT4 but it just ran like shit. Then I found this hidden gem game, it's called Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3. You only race on the highways there but, the level of customization is even higher than in GT4 and there's a lot of cars. It's a little repetitive though. Still fun to blast through highway's of tokyo since they're modeled after the real highways.

That car is blue in both games with the only difference being that the stripe is yellow as opposed to red in UG2, look at the drag/drift tutorials in both games faggot.

WE'RE GONNA MAKE OGC GREAT AGAIN AND WE'RE GONNA MAKE HALFCHAN PAY FOR IT

I just saw this SÉBASTIEN LOEB RALLY EVO - SPECIAL EDITION game on humble bundle, is that shit good? How is it compared to those Codemaster Rally games?

Nigger that's the tutorial Skyline, the black one is the player's story intro car that crashed into shit, both are different cars. Notice that the Skyline in the story intro doesn't have stripes.

Steam reviews say it's wheel unfriendly apparently.

I guess it's not worth looking into it then. Searched it on some torrent sites and turns out the game is 26.78 GB.

Anyone playing Automobilista? Looks kind of fun, is there a way to run cracked servers? If so maybe we could play it and make /ogc/ great (again?)

IT IS HERE

Have fun user.

What games are you gonna be playing with it?

Hope you haven't gotten one yet cause the G29 just went for sale at Best Buy for $200.
bestbuy.com/site/logitech-g29-driving-force-racing-wheel-for-playstation-3-and-playstation-4-black/4223000.p?skuId=4223000

Oh, and the shifter is included for free. This is seriously one hell of a deal.

The G29 is just a slightly better version of the G27. The G29 has better encoders in the wheel and a much better brake pedal than the G27, other than that they're identical.

Less buttons on the shifter, of which you have to buy separately.
Literally identical pedals, don't even try to tell me they are different.
Wheel looks like a child was given the reigns of button placement.
Costs MORE than the G27, and they didn't even bother to give you a belt driven wheel to give you incentive to pay the extra premium.

I don't think so Mr. Shillington.

I've owned a G27 and now a G29. The pedals are different.

The buttons were moved to the wheel, and there are more of them now, and the brake pedal has a piece of rubber in it that creates resistance as you apply pressure to the brake pedal. LOL, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Worth looking into

Congrats user, welcome to the Fun Club

I love that car! It's nice, OR AT LEAST IT WAS UNTIL THE 100000000000000000000TH TIME JESUS CHRIST FIND ANOTHER MEMECAR TO PUT ON EVERY GAME COVER AND STOP MAKING IT THE BEST CAR IN EVERY SHIT GAME

Downloading all NFS games up to rivals.
Gonna rate em, i know that /ovg/ loves sims more, but i want to have some fun driving idiotic cars that make me look like a total fag in a big and sexy city.
Which should i play first?
I have only played mw2012, hot pursuit2010, nfsu and u2 and undercover.i tried shift once, was fucking awful, tried to be a sim but it just doesnt have the physics, it is not a NFS game, its an actual simcade, not what i want(though i love simcades)

The hot pursuit games were really fun back in the day, and so was High Stakes, I also use to love NFS 2.

Rivals is a waste of space. Even as someone that likes his open world more like Burnout, I hate it. The landscape feels very devoid of life compared to MW2012. The boost mechanic just makes me sad at how pathetic it feels.

Its a large collection on rutracker
I still want to see how shit rivals is.
And i am a person who enjoyed MW2012, wasnt a NFS game though, but was very fun.

Well who am I to stop you then? Have fun. Also yeah, I liked MW2012 too, sparse in single player sure, but it has its moments.

Can I have your DFGT?

24h of Hankook in 2 days.

Bleh. Thanks for the heads up, user!

Oh boy, they're releasing New Mexico for American Truck Simulator today. For $12.
Complete game in 2054 goyim, For just $599.99.

OK?

I'm implying that they'll release one state every year for $12 nigger.

Was thinking of grabbing Driveclub today, is it decent? From gameplay vids I saw, it looked pretty good.

And just to clarify, I don't actually believe this to be the truth. I'm merely expressing my dissatisfaction with the fact that we probably won't be seeing the full extend of America in the American Truck Simulator, and merely a handful of states.
I felt like I needed to explain this properly since your post comes of as pretty damn stupid and yet smug.

I legit didn't quite get it. I was expecting to see Train Simulator levels of DLC on the store page.

What racing games have the best cities at night? Cities at night? Cities at night.

G29 user here
CLUTCH IS HARD, FUCK IT

It's pretty much sold at this point, i am looking to recover some of my loss by buying the G29 with it, sorry user. Also i'm in fucking Brazil. G29 was expensive as fuck

Sorry to hear you're not really getting your money's worth BR Bro. Rekindles my worry that splurging on a T300 will not live up to my expectations.

Obligatory: NFSU and NFSU2. You only ever race at night on those games.
I like that too, I almost bought nfs 2015 just because it had my favorite setting: night city in light rain.

DriveClub is fantastic, as long as you accept it for what it is. It isn’t trying to be a sim racer, and it is a 30 FPS game. It is best compared to the Project Gotham series in how it feels to play.

That won’t be for some people, but it’s great at what it is.

Haha just drive with an auto clutch until you feel the need to have more control. You don't HAVE to do big boy mode straight away.

I'll keep going with auto-clutch for gt3 cars for now

Man oh man, I am loving Assetto Corsa for drifting around in. Marlboro sent me a code for a $25 gift card today i don't smoke, I just always sign up to tobacco companies for all the free shit and I spent it on the season pass and the tuned RX-7 in the Japanese Car Pack is fucking amazing.

So close to some bitching digits.

I'll take it.

Have you tried learning on something shittier?

I'll try My summer car

AC is great and there are tons of great mods for drifting and regular racing, but if only there were a night mode and a few weather effect…

What game were you doing GT3 on?

How?

AC

Ah nice. Some of the GT3 cars on AC are also pretty squirrelly and challenging on default setups. I think the Audi R8 GT3 is one of the best balanced performance-wise. The Ferrari I think was the other one that was very easy right away. BMW and AMG are slightly more difficult on default setups, and a couple of cars like the Lambo are difficult on default setup.

Go to all their different websites and make accounts, then just stop by them every now and then and see if they're giving anything away. No exaggeration, my room is filled with free stuff from them. Everything from portable cell phone chargers, to Zippos, to headphones, to tire pressure gauges, to multi tools, to bluetooth speakers, to little magnetic camping lanterns, to just everything imaginable. This is the second time this year I've gotten a $25 e-voucher for a pre paid visa card. It's fucking insane all the free stuff you can get.

(Checked)

Oh shit nigger, can you give me a list of all the sites you've signed up on? I fucking love free shit.

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME MOTHERFUCKIN AESTHETIC MY NIGGERS?

Checked, and LOL'd that you were able to salvage these digits

Any tobacco company's website you can think of. Marlboro always gives out the most free shit though.

What are gud games to throw a small lan party with your normalfag car friends? Something that would run on a laptop and can be played with a keyboard.

Some codes for cars in Forza 3 that I'll never use:

MJT4V-G6FRX-3TRRM-M2FTT-WCMPZ

FK7H6-XK3VJ-WMC7K-PYJVG-RPYQZ

ReVolt
There was another RC racer that was pretty good
and pretty hard, but i can't remember the name. It was more like a simulator actually

vvvvrrrrrrooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :3

Flatout 2 runs on my craptop with no problems, so it's a good candidate

Mario Kart 64/double dash should run on toasters

I DIDN'T NEED MORE REASONS TO HATE COTA

REEEE
And it was their black friday one, well no more chances at Best Buy.

I knew I should have checked this thread a few days ago…

So are there any good cheap racing wheels at all? I noticed some that are only 30 bucks, but they are probably absolute crap.

The wheel needs to have FFB, force feedback, to actually make your driving experience feel the road while driving. Ergo G27, G29, thrustmaster etc.

What about 900 degree rotation?

All those wheels are the equivalent of a 1980s Daytona arcade machine but take out all the fun and quality.
If you're gonna get a decent wheel, you need a couple hundred bucks up your sleeve.
I recommend the G29/G920 because it's the cheapest "good" wheel, even though the shifter is shit. I've been using it for a year and there hasn't been any serious problems other than a bit of squeaking. If you're cashed up, get a Thrustmaster, I heard the pedals are a bit nicer, the shifter is really good and feels real and you can mix and match wheels.

Used to be big into vroom games when I was younger but dropping hundreds now seems unreasonable.

I've been seeing some really negative reviews for the Thrustmaster T300 on Amazon, like not working after a few months, customer service nightmares, etc.

Christ, really? I heard it was a somewhat reliable piece of machinery. Well that's a shame and narrows down the choices of wheels, makes it easier to choose, I guess.

Yeah fair enough, it's really up to your tastes. Shit's expensive these days, especially accessories like these, don't even get me started on the racing seats designed for these wheels. But if you are going to play racan you should at least get a controller with analog triggers.

Yeah, I'm hoping it's an extreme minority or something, since I'd like something that compatible with PS3/PS4/PC. Although…we might not see a GT7 in this console generation given how long it took just to get from GT6 to GT Sport?

You should probably just get a G29 in that case.
But my shifter's 1st, 3rd and 5th are broken, you have to slam in into gear sometimes, but taking off the leather covering the internals helped with it. This is probably just because I have a rough driving style, you should be right if you're not crazy with it.

I have a Xbox 360 controller that I played some Grid with. There's some super cheap no name wheels like the "Acme STI" but they are probably crap. I have an old Logitech "Formula" racing wheel, but I haven't used it in about 8 years, it's picked up by Windows but I don't know how well it will work since the cable is really fucked up.

Assetto Corsa makes me forget that I'm in the middle of qualifying or practice, and makes me stop caring about lap times and instead start just sliding around the track for fun.

user what did you do….

This happens to me sometimes.

At least you looked good doing it.

COTA 24H shitfest is live, gents

And the live chat is fuckin lit

i played dirt rally with a ps4 controller first, and i can safely tell you that with a decent FFB wheel setup it's a completely fucking different game. like, it went from "decent but hard driving game" to "genuinely physically exhausting rally sim".

the force feedback will actually transmit data to your hands and arms like a real car vis a vis torquesteer, feeling when you're losing traction, that sort of thing. the game by default has programmed in things like preloading the clutch or building boost pressure, shit like that. it's fucking 10/10 and it's honestly, now that i've got a logitech g27 setup, my favorite racing game of all time.

Can confirm everything this faggot said. I went from PS3 controller to G29 and it was truly the Dark Souls of playing the same game with different peripherals.

And COTA chat is still ridiculous

What's your favorite engine note? Personally, I love n*3 engine configurations way too much.

That's because of overzealous electromechanic steering assist. In most (good) cars they're set to give you more feedback when driving hard.
Another way to get more road feedback is by using fatter tires.

sage for myself posting fucking constantly

stream link pls

youtu.be/-MfVOlLmOkw

This may be considered cheating but I think the old Ferrari 3.0 liter F1 V12's had the best engine note of all time probably. I had the audio from vid related on a CD back in the day and I'd drive around in my car listening to this at max volume like a massive autist.

I'm more of a fan of the F2004

That's my second favorite. Those V10s had an amazing sound but came up just short of the V12s IMO. Both were ear porn though, and both are what I picture in my head when I think of what a race car should sound like.

When you wanna put on a show but end up breaking a historic car in front of a huge crowd.

Goddamn it I gotta learn how to Black Friday with the best of the goys if I wanna get a racing wheel soon.

I might be a mad man, but I'm going to attempt to replay Burnout Paradise with it.

WHY

Does /ogc/ race anymore?

I really like Paradise.

I do. But not with /ogc/ because these fags don't race. Except my PCars 2 nigga. He sometimes races.

THAT BEING SAID- I'm open to starting a series or at least have some shitbox game night with /ogc/. We need to bring the legend back to life.

Buy me a lga1150 motherboard with a z97 or z87 chipset and I'll do whatever you want.

Tfw no simdad gf

What game? rFactor?

bamp

what comic book is this cute elf from?

i hope ghost games become actual ghosts

They will given Payback and maybe Battlefront 2.

Saikyou no Shokugyou wa Yuusha demo Kenja demo naku Kanteishi (Kari) rashii desu yo?

It'd have to be rF. You actually have to pay for anything else.

I guess you're right, but it's such a pain to set it up, especially the FFB.

I'm sure someone can upload some FFB settings to mega or something for everyone to use.

What about Live for Speed?
It can also run on a toaster and isn't a pain to pirate

I guess that's an option.

Raceroom Experience has a few free tracks and cars too…

That would be great and very kind!

How is Live for Speed? I never tried it.

In our Lite copy it has the FFB settings preconfigured IIRC. The standard version and the halfchan version are nowhere near as advanced as ours.

Well the G29/27 shifter is utter shit, if it makes you feel any better. I can't comment on the fanatec one as I'm not made of dosh, but the TH8A shifter is lovely to use. Plus you can make it a sequential stick if you want, or a handbrake.

Yeah but it's also more than double the price

Good and recent singleplayer racing games?

PCars 2 for career mode and racing against AI. Assetto Corsa if all you want to do is hotlap. If you're just playing with a gamepad then Forza would probably be good for you too.

Doesn't /ogc/ just use the /ovg/ stuff?

Yes and no.
The /ogc/ versions of rFactor are essentially a refined version of their rFactor Lite version updated using bugfixes and experience gained from the first two seasons of OVGT3. The first fix was improving the performance of the game using hex editing and parameters in order to be able to get more stability out of the game on higher end systems. If you remember your GT3 series history, this problem was big during Watkins Glen and after in S1. The second major refinement is the FFB systems being updated to the more modern Automobilista FFB settings based on feedback from the GSCE races in OVGT3S2. Lastly, the last major fix is changes to the control schemes used in OVGT3S3, and /radcorp/'s suggestion of an easy keyboard layout to introduce people without peripherals into the game easier was the last major fix. Some things have been added and cut in versions throughout the years like trackmaps, UI, spectator modes, liveracers and MoTeC support.
There are four editions of rFactor Lite designed for varying levels of mod compatibility from the smallest at 70MB compressed for total conversions to 150MB compressed for mods using lots of vanilla content. A server hoster version also exists at a tiny 16MB compressed.

So The (((Jew))) 2, will it be any good when we inevitably get it for (((free))) in two years time Or are they just going to recreate all the mistakes and more of the last game?

I hope it's good, but we'll see. I had fun with the first one after I got it for free. The vehicle-changing on the fly is sure to have some amusing glitches at least.

Picked Up PCars 2 and for the life of me I cannot get the FFB to feel right. It keeps feeling too artificial or sharp or something. I have it at Assetto Corsa levels of good in PCars 1, I wish they would've just left their old overly complicated system in.

The Crew was fun for a bit especially when anons managed to get a 69 Camero to do Mach 1 by firing it off a ramp at an airfield.

Try this my nigga forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51628-Jack-Spade-Custom-FFB-Files

Also, I agree that they should have left the very customizable system in

Well colour me surprised. Does /ogc/ have a wiki or anything I could grab these installs from? I only have the /ovg/ lite version.

Yes, but I'm not sure if it's in there. Have a root around if you like. ogc.wikia.com/wiki/OGC_Wikia

Any new arcade racers?
Last one I played was the new Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, and it was a 10/10 game for me.
Is Forza cracked on the PC yet?

Need more 70's and 80's racing games through the streets.

I think so, it's here on Nicoblog and all.

nicoblog.org/pc-games/forza-horizon-3-complete-region-free-pc/

Outrun?

Driver Parallel lines

I want to race in a gnu/car

Pretty much my car, OP. I'll die on it someday.
Hopefully on my way to work so I can at least miss just another shitty day at the office.

Hahaha mine too mate. 98 Camry with 170k on it, probably 5k over on an oil change, rear brakes just don't work. It's actually running fairly well despite being probably 80hp down. I just need to do the work on it but I hate wrenching.

Since the steam group is dead how about a (new)discord server?

I wouldn't be opposed to this

Technically they're from /ovg/, /ogc/ is worthless

just join the ovg one? the people who run it are ogc fags anyway discord.gg/hXmJrJr

How about no

/ovg/ is a dumpster fire, let's not kid ourselves

A real GNU/Car would be some low price high performance vehicle without retarded shit like entertainment systems made for german aliens by german aliens, and you'd be able to easily do some nfs-tier modding on it.
Kit cars are basically the vehicular equivalent of the GNU project tbh.

Yall wanna see a meltdown?

That's his problem, he bought a ps4 for GT sport and not wipeout omega colllection

Autism is a hell of a drug. I myself have OD'd on it quite a few times.

Can someone post a link with rFactor ready to go?

It's in the wiki

looks like /ogc/ race days imitate real life

The link in the wiki is dead

I have a z87 motherboard. Why do you want an old outdated one? Also stuck with a Haswell cpu? I'm looking to get a new motherboard probably in a year or 2 with the next intel cpu architecture "Ice Lake" because it sounds cool and is probably future proof for being the newest lga socket. Also to jump to ddr4, and to get that M.2 socket for the new ssd's that are 5+ times faster than sata III ssd's.

Still searching around for the g29, to no avail. Regret looms over me for not getting the Best Buy $200 + free stick shifter. Also that pic reminds me of that Dungeon Meshi cooking anime elf girl.

Why make the track so tight?

Ohh sorry, my bad, I didn't even check. You have it here though and all other things you will ever need for fFactor : trippteamdownload.servegame.com:100/RFACTOR1/

It's the cars that are too wide :^)

Black Friday is right around the corner. You'll probably get another chance then.

Woooow. This is why small roads in crowded cities like Monaco are so scary and dangerous. One crash there causes a massive pile up.

Its Black Friday week, time to search around for the elusive G29+Shift stick boys. Amazon is still expensive, and Best Buy thinks they can shill the wheel for $400.

I forgot I made a post already about the G29. Gotta take a breather!

Anyone playing F1 2017? Is it any good or should I just download 2013 again?

My motherboard died in a fire, and it's cheaper to replace it than it is to get an upgrade so soon.

Downloading colin mcrae rally 2.0, there are a lot of these colin mcrae rally games, which ones do you guys recommend I try first?

I played it for a few hours and had a good time. It genuinely challenged me but I'm not experienced in F1 to begin with. Tbh I uninstalled because too hard on realistic settings and moderate difficulty, so I'm not a good person to answer I suppose. It seems like a welcome addition to the series from what I've heard of the fans of it.

i suspect it won't drop, they'll just hold stock until black friday is over or raise the base price

2005 has a GOG version you can pirate (it was removed from the store) that works fine, only needs a widescreen patch.

What the fuck the wheel prices are going up

What is this? I was interested in picking rF2 in the next sale, but now seeing that they are selling cars, it's kind of off-putting.

(((They))) can't keep getting away with this!

It's so good of a car simulator it also simulates buying one.

Is Mario Kart an racing?

i should've fucking brought the t300 rs at 300 bucks
NOW I REGRET IT

Yup. Blur is better though.

Well, you're not wrong.

promotions.newegg.com/nepro/17-7446/index.html#p=18

Check this. Also check em.

yes

Anything worth doin. . .

i've actually been considering building something like this at home now that i have the space for it. you could probably get it down with about $30 worth of materials, and can likely go get a car seat for free from a junkyard

Why not this but with VR?

Because most vr headsets are doomed to be binned after a few years.

Why even live?

More expensive than a shitbox and plenty of track time.

PCARS 2 40% off on humble bundle

The car expert has spoken, cars with round lights are cute.

Round lights mean the car has a round pussy, and is the best candidate for fug.

but what about taillights that are round?
that also includes the twingo while we're at it

Round taillights are cute too, but only if it's one on each side. Double round are too cool for school.
Also twingo will always be the cutest.

G29 IS ON SALE FOR $199 ON AMAZON AND BEST BUY
It doesn't come with shifter, but its $240 with shifter on Amazon.
ALERT!

I just bought mine, not going to use until Christmas though to make it age well.

AC at $15 and PC 2 at $35 on steam too. Now I'm wondering if I should just get AC from OP or buy it. Is AC worth it to play online? Or am I better off just enjoying the game alone at a leisure pace?

Nevermind its just a DLC unlocker, I'll get the game on a website with DLC's for $13, better than $15 base at steam.

There is some fun to be had in AC lobbies, even if it's just a nordschleife trackday. Otherwise find some rated servers and the racing is ok. The singleplayer content is pretty bare if you're looking for career. It basically just gives you challenges for races and then you move onto the next thing.

BeamNG.Drive alpha v0.11 released just a couple of hours ago. Vids related.
blog.beamng.com/the-coast-is-clear/

that map looks sicc

That's pretty neat

Goddamn that's great. I wonder how much is left bfeore we the the release version. As a physics sandbox it's already more than I could have dreamed of.

Test.
Archive ready soon.

Which racing game should I buy?

Skyrim, it's the best racing game I have ever played. See that mountain? You can race it!

Project CARS 2 if you want a pretty decent career. Assetto Corsa if you want an awesome hot lapping game with a huge mod community.

F1 2017 at 35 too. PC 2 has a lot of dissent in the reviews, how do these two compare if I just want to scratch the sim-y racing itch?

AC is also tempting, I'm looking for that feel trackmania's rooms would have, best times, quasi-competitive, comfy.

That's a 10

Pcars 2 scratches all of the itches but might not be the specific medicine for every one. F1 is the cure for the F1 itch.

Bit the bullet on F1 since I imagine it has a more passing similarity to TM than PC 2. Will report back with fun-quotient.

Made a 400kmh 1300hp turbocharged nitrous rice box. It's the only car I've tried so far that can take the full 500kW nitrous without exploding the second you rev it. It's pretty easy to spot the point at which I activated it.

The new engine sounds are much better than having every damn car sound the same, but holy shit the new turbo sound is awful.

Bump. I got myself a 1060, would P.Cars 2 be a good benchmark?

Nurburgring Combined in the rain with 31 opponents will be. I get about 35fps at that start with my 1050ti. It'll probably not stress the 1060 much tbh. You'd probably get real smooth VR or 1080p+ definition with it.

I love BeamNG. I need to play it again, now that the update happened

Should I buy Automobilista? It's not super expensive now, I was thinking about buying AC for multiplayer, but with all DLCs it's just not worth it and my pirated version works just fine.

Beautiful webm sir

I forgot all about VR, are headsets still like 400+ bucks?

10/10

Depends where you are. In the US the oculus is $450 brand new, but my UK buddy says they're 350 britcoins there and you can sell the controllers to make it 250. There might still be some black friday deals up if you're interested.

How can we save /ogc/? It's dying a slow and sad death so something must be done, what can we play? RaceRoom Racing Experience is free, kind of, but is it any good? What games do you anons own?

Hope for better arcade racing games to come out.

Skyrim, one look and you will be racing for that refund button.

Preliminary Findings: P. fun, very F1, wow downforce, fuck monaco and its little bumpy track.

Also the career is neat so far, I like how tight everything is. Lots of audio feedback from the team, immersive pit, dickhead other drivers who hate their front fenders.

Yeah the career features are amazing. I love the immersion. I am simply too much of a shitter at F1 to play it.

This post made me feel pretty good

make an rfactor series

I'm up for rFactor or Assetto Corsa
rFactor would attract more anons since it's pirateable

AC is not that expensive now and you can pirate DLCs, or so I've heard.

The toaster I've been using can barely handle rF on DX7

You playing on a thinkpad or something?

Pretty much

Old SEGA employee found some files and decided to make a video about how Sonic R was originally going to be an F1 game.

But basically every sonic character runs faster than a racecar.

Can you feel the sunshine, but with Mika Hakkinen.

I have no idea what the fuck is going on in WRC2 class right now. Is Mitsubishi going to have another go at WRC?

PCars update is G O O D

Update: is still fun

preventing thread death

I'm looking for stuff to play on my shitty Linux laptop. Could you recommend some fun arcade racing vidya that can be played with a keyboard (preferably from 2005 - 2010 period) and has a good open world? Something in the vein of Burnout Paradise would be rad.