Meta Thread

In regards to the increased bumplimit:

I decided to keep the status quo, at least until Codemonkey fixes the memory leak since some anons with toasters running Windows 98 have problems browsing threads with over 300 posts. When this issue is fixed, I may start a trial of 350.

Another issue is that some people on the team worry about generals having too much of a dominate presence given the current climate. This is another factor in which I decided to delay the bump limit increase.

Other than that I haven't noticed that many issues other than the usual; Some anons get baited into politically derailing threads, too many people trying to bait Holla Forums with the Wolfenstien threads, platform war faggots, the occasional shitty threads that take a few minutes to delete, faggots who accuse every thread about a modern game of being a shill, and some other minor issues like CSS being broken.

Other than that it's the same as usual.

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/v/res/13723519.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So has anyone been watching Garo: Vanishing Line?

Someday user

Someday…

When is it time for the next cake?

Oh wow, it's almost like nobody is going to use /vg/ or even /vr/ for that matter because of the fact that it's "dead" so they refuse to go and make it have traffic and the whole "make your own board" meme that's been used to shut down complaints.

I say you ban all posters for one day and see what happens

No more cake, too expensive.

Wait, we have a /vg/?

Then buy cheaper cake.

nah

We don't wanna BAN generals, the issue is that we don't want Holla Forums to become /vg/, which is why this brings up the issue of if it'll turn Holla Forums into /vg/

start moderating sony threads more often, warn-ban people who shitpost in them to hide the threads. It's impossible to discuss video games because a handful of faggots get upset about some of them.

if possible, make all threads with general in the title (including gg threads) autosage so they stop taking up so much page 1 real estate

Quality of threads has been going down in a vertical line

I can make you cake for free!

Could you please keep the blizztards contained in a single blizzcon thread? There doesnt need to be a thread for every single reveal blizzard makes.

Who the hell do you think I am user? Some kind of cake monster?

Yeah, but it's inactive.

Agreed. It's clear that reddit/facepunch/TRS/pol/leftypol/goons/boogeyman of the month is to blame. I say we should ban all people under suspicion of having originated from cuckchan (also known as 4chan)

That's funny because /vg/ talks about more videogames than Holla Forums.

Do you want endless generals here or do you want boards other than the top 5 used?

Cakeboy please.

No it hasn't, you're being mellow dramatic.

It's just a few threads that sadly gets the attention of faggots, we had them to back in the day. the shitran guy comes to mind.

lies

PLEASE BAN RITUS ON SIGHT

RITSU

If we tell you that quality went down then quality went down you ugly jew.

Well yeah, but that's not saying much since cuck Holla Forums is a fucking joke nowadays.

Humility works wonders, I'd rather not get involved if I don't have to. Sometimes it's needed though.

I haven't had any issues talking vidya other than a few threads, and usually I just delete the console faggotry when I see it

Guess you better put a link to /vg/ on the top of the page and institute the no generals policy of 4/v/.

Ironically I checked a few days ago just to see how bad it was and it was only just barely worse than 8/v/.

You're full of shit and you should kill yourself for lying.

generals are allowed

You could be less strict about locking duplicate-topic threads. The more you lock threads about a specific topic and redirect the traffic to threads about a more general related topic, the more generals there will be.

Yeah, Mark, can you make the average poster less of a retard? That would be great.

Mark wants the goyim to come to his board, not /vg/, hence he lets the generals stay, as he creates competition

This is true, but mark has no power over that. in fact he welcomes the refugees. It's more PPH. Its just business, goy.

The only thing Mark can do is ban avatafags and tripfags like ROB or Ritsu.

what you can do mark is allow appeals to bans. The rules are vague, and mods do whatever the fuck they want. I've seen bans simply for telling (((inifnity)))fags to fuck off back to cuckchan and reddit where they recruit (they shill their paid discord here). One of the mods who plays with them bans negative comments low key. Same with overcuck back then.

I think an appeal mechanic like in cuck-chan would be a good addition. But I guess that's too much effort for hotpocketeers who do it for free.

Jew, if newfags weren't so new they would be confident in being newfags because they would have seen that you've been here since the beginning and be relived they can be better than you.

nigger did you see how many fucking wolfenstein threads there were the other day?

It's not my fault the same empty screeching about weeaboos and goons make up a ton of posts on both sites.

Anything that says otherwise is clearly damage control.

Please contain the blizztards in a single blizzcon thread. Theyre making threads for every single thing blizzard says or does

I don't care about the new Wolfenstein so my eyes sort of glazed over them. A week ago there were a lot of horror-related threads that got redirected to a general, mostly recommendation threads I think.

here's the current catalog of both us and cuckchan.

Notice how we have less shitty memes, and more actual content in the OPs. We also get rid of shitty one sentence threads more often and there's some quality shit bumped to the top.

I didn't say anything about the quality of OPs you dense faggot. Can you read?

Let us be very, very clear
Mark's priority is PPH and more people seeing ad for revenue, not the quality of the board.
Hence generals and low quality threads are allowed

That just means you have a minimum quality floor so people don't realize it. If you go overboard of course people would complain with clear evidence, you sly jew.
You fish the the fish in the pond, but you don't overdo it, or they won't reproduce and you won't get any new fish.

You may not care about it, but it was a bit of an issue. Hell I thought it would've been another Undertale situation.

Not even that, I'd like the generals to stay as they don't cause any issues. Granted I've had run ins with the Splatoon and Webm generals about things in the past, but we negotiated and had a solution in due time.

(((you)))

There is literally nothing wrong with prioritizing pph over quality posts. You wouldn't want a good userbase like /tg/ would you?

My priority is isn't only PPH.

also

The fuck are you on about? I delete a decent amount of those every day.

Read /metav/ you jewish fat fuck

No such thing exists.
They won't see it unless they post in those 30 minutes, contrary to popular myth.

What I'm saying is I don't think you can worry that Holla Forums is turning into /vg/ when you're actively corralling all discussion on a topic into a single thread.

Undertale took over the catalog because too many people liked it too much, I don't think that's comparable to Wolfenstein at all.

Please report more console shitposters and I'll keep an eye on those threads if a derail is attempted.

also

I will not be doing this since there is no reason to do so.

reports for those threads are frequently dismissed or ignored. start idling in the threads.

Things are fine now, no reason to have multiple threads on fucking Wolfenstein of all things.

you got evidence to back that up?

Why are 4a.m generals allowed, then?

They have NOTHING to do with videogames.
Why do you allow faggots like Ritsu to have circlejerk avatarfagging threads that have nothing to do with videogames?

stop the fucking presses

They're containment.

Well yeah, we dismiss those. but is he talking about console war faggotry, or something else.

making multiple reports and seeing no deletions or response in general. start here:
8ch.net/v/res/13723519.html

I've reported tons of threads because over half of it became nothing but shitposting and they've been ignored.

Bruh. They literally have a board here, an irc, a cytube and several discords they regularly use. t. one of three posters on the board they refuse to use because they forgot to astroturf it to make Ritsu look good

why don't they just implement the option for paginated threads

Yeah, I'm taking care of the sony thing now. Keep in mind what you report is also important.

How about limiting all of the shit like the talk about Wolfenstein, We Wuz Assassins fucking up, and mention of Activision's lootbox patent to a singular "Politics General"/"News General" or "/vpol/"/"vnews/" thread?

Could you confirm this post, then?
I suppose it gets a pass since Nintendo is both a console manufacturer and a corporation, but I would have thought it was obvious that the OP of that thread was intentionally baiting Nintendo fans to defend their platform.

or you can simply ban Ritsu and all those faggots in one fell swoop
They have their own board, an irrc, their own discord. They don't need to shit on Holla Forums with their shit.

you can't have the "No Tertiary threads" and the "No Generals" rules at the same time. People will have nothing to post. You have to understand that it's either/or

the politics behind video games are allowed to be discussed.

I don't see any reported posts in that thread, I'm taking care of it now however.

I tried, and it ended up with him being semi-Bui.

I've made reports on the OP saying 'This thread is a fucking mess' multiple times when they've fallen into Holla Forums screeching about whatever boogeyman Imkamfy set up this week.

But then they'll just ban evade and spam the board meaning Mark has to actually do something.

Speaking of which, why is eeriefag not banned on sight? He may as well be a tripfag, he constantly uses an avatar and never gets banned for avatarfagging.

That's probably why then, report the posts themselves rather than just the OP.

Which means I'd have to file a report for half a thread sometimes.

I'm not saying squelch the political and news discussions, but keep it limited to a thread or two.

So what will it be mark?
What excuse do you have for 4am generals? For non-vidya LOL threads, for non-vidya webm generals , and for all the shitty threads and low quality bait threads plaguing the board since Neogaf exploded ?

The only reason you'd keep them around is for PPH at the expense of board quality. It's that simple. Prove us otherwise and get rid of the trash already.

Don't you see the double-think?

People who want talk about X get shouted to take it to a general. I say fuck generals, who cares if we have 2-3 Wolfenstein or MVCI or whatever threads, less chance that all will be derailed by shitposting and they will all die down eventually. Speaking of recent events, I woke up to see a mention of classic WoW servers but it's been impossible to find anything about them because it's been drowned out by other shit / discussion in the huge general. Had people been allowed to make a separate thread ot'd be more useful.

So long as the OP has more than one line it's perfectly fine.

Christ, OP was shitposting heavily in the thread too. What a disaster of a thread.

Yeah, it's best to catch that shit early. but sometimes some threads are irredeemable like that Sony VR thread. It's a good topic to talk about, but the OP is a fucking retarded fanboy and ruined the thread.

dead

deleted

bumplocked

deleted

For the love of G-d, mark, get fucking /fit/!

Have Nintendo send more cakes. An to be honest, the problem isn't the shills, it's the inelegance of their shilling.

no u

It's always too late.

Not always user

he is

Your VR thread was shit
Eat a dick shill

That's bullshit. It's been too late since 2010.

The OP itself was fine, I'd like to talk about how sony made the best VR platform when both Facebook and Oculus fucked up as well.

I swear I'm not sure what's worse, this or the political derailing shit.

they continue to do it every fucking morning.
Just gas them all on site, or even easier, delete a 4am when you see one. If they create another ban.
continue banning until they get tired of vpn switching.
it will be autism vs autism but in the end you'll win.

Fuck off back to plebbt or whatever hole you crawled out of.

this is a good example of the type of console war posts people get away with because the mods don't care. thanks for the example.

Now that the main issues have been addressed

Did you play Cuphead Mark? Did you enjoy it? how about hollow knight? What's your GOTY so far?

It's called desperation, just let them fucking be so they won't have an autistic fit.

Attentionwhores never leave. Sure you can ban them until Mark stops shoving cake down his hole, but they'll keep going.

How do you reach that fucking conclusion?
It sold more?
Probably the only metric kikes like yourself care about.

Top tier shit lad

does saying this hurt you enough for you to derail another thread? gonna hop id's now?

It just works so clearly it's far better than anything else. And since it's cheaper you don't have to worry about having to replace the system every year :^)

I am the bringer in of light - among the elders I dwell. Now hear me, man.

Seven times I croak, eight times they rise, seven times they croak, seven times they fall.

You look into the glass at your own reflection. You will laugh as all delusions fall away. In one eye another universe, in one hand; the seed of infinity.

Hear a scream and an explosion in that order, before the next solstice I will become manifest.

Yes, I liked Cuphead a lot. Didn't get that far though since Odyssey has been eating away my time. I also liked Ruiner, Battle Chasers, Speebot and A Hat in Time.

I have not played Hollow Knight however.

As for GOTY I'd say either Sonic Mania or Mario Odyssey since they're both extremely good. Yakuza 0, Nier Automata, Nioh and Ys 8 were also great. I got Ys used so don't bully

Overall I'd say it was a solid year.

PSVR has more upcoming games than the other two. When someone mods in Ace Combat 7 VR into PC and Gungrave VR comes to PC then I may consider getting a Vive.

I'd normally delete that post, but this is the meta thread and I wanna use this as an example of a post to delete.

>>>/facebook/

Heres your (You)

you're also witnessing how he perpetuates a derail:

I'm not convinced this isn't more than one person, but there are typically numerous IDs in any of these threads that the quartet of autistic shitflingers derailing these threads.

Why though?
This is the video games board, what does removing threads about any single game accomplish as far as encouraging video game discussion?
Let's also not forget that shit like /ksg/ #3371 was only made possible by /vg/'s existence in the first place.
Threads about any individual vidya will die down on their own, sending them to a fridge only results in an empty table and a nasty-ass fridge.

Seriously though, the only grudge I can see being acceptable is the one against Microsoft since they're the ones who introduced bad shit like shtity DLC and Paid Online.

Are you fucking serious?
I guess you really can't spell marketing without Mark.
I hope Kim bombs Jew York first

Uh, Microsoft just made those practices success, everyone else did them first.

A jew, through and through. Is there a specific name for your kind of incompetence?

The OP doesn’t say anything about removing generals.

Well having grudges or allegiances to corporations is fucking stupid. Either way you're gonna get kiked, and the best way to play the jew game is to not play at all.

Yeah, I would speculate that it's a small group of shills who try to stir shit up. Regardless as I've learned through my own personal experiences and looking at Acid Man, the best way to deal with these people is to judge them based on the post rather than treating them as shills.

I don't think generals are an issue here. People who wish to talk about a game will do so. That's kind of the point of Holla Forums. It's not like other video game threads get less attention or anything.

Splitting Holla Forums and /vg/ was a bad idea and only shipped away dedicated discussion away from the main board, just to get rid of cancerous MOBA generals.

Keep in mind Sega Channel and Satellaview existed back in the mid-90's and were literally a monthly charge so you could play roms that only existed for a short time before you lost them.

shills imply they're being paid for it, I stand by the belief 8ch/v/ is just too small to shill on. It's mostly just people who get very defensive about PC gaming in particular.

And you have an allegiance to weebshit, only playing weebshit on Sony and Nintendo platforms. Go figure why this weeb-led board is so shit.

it's just an opinion as I can sympathize with people who hold a grudge against the Xbox brand for personal reasons. I'm not saying anything in regards to board policy.

wtf i love 4chan now

oh boy, you are mistaken. Regardless, they don't have to be paid. They could be a competitor, a bot, or just have grudge against Holla Forums.

I genuinely enjoy your company, Holla Forums

hey mark,
what sort of anti-spam mod tools do BOs currently have and does Holla Forums have an excuse for being a spam-filled cesspool?

so designate /vg/ as a containment board for pointlessly overactive and shitty communities and allow most generals in Holla Forums. requires a bit of setup but ultimately, problem solved.

judging from my own experience, they mostly have a grudge against people like the crt user (who does do a lot of shitposting in emulator threads), saturnfags, sony fags, people who raise concerns with pc gaming, etc.

Just observed patterns.

Holla Forums is always a fucking spam filled cesspool of disappointment.

Go back to neofag already

I do too user…

You want to hold hands and receive headpats?

I can see the signs.
First it's "generals are too dominant"
Next thing you know the board falls to halfchan quality because they won't let you talk about any single video game due to that being /vg/'s purpose.

Would be a point if we even had "overactive and shitty communities" like 4cuck did back in the day, but we don't so I don't see any reason to do anything about generals at this point in time.

Kill yourself my man.

True, but the technology improved over time. Like I wouldn't mind Xbox Live Gold, Playstation Plus or Nintendo Online if they weren't mandatory to play online with other people. It's such a jewish marketing tactic that works but is highly unethical.

We have the same tools as everyone else.

Neofag is dead tho :^)

Oh got, that fucking hip fetishest,

Outjewed

I still find it humorous that you're trying to pretend to be a reasonable voice of reason after all the threads you've shat up.

You're wrong and an annoyance, so much so that you no longer remain anonymous at how blatant your Sony shittery and subversion is.

I usually ignore threads about games or topics I don't care about.

Neither do I.

fair enough

so I take it dysnomia is just wildly incompetent then

either that or he doesn't have enough team members.

attempted derail, post more screenshots of people you stalk

>>>/resetera/

It's "melodramatic" you fucking kike.
t. grammar nazi

Disregard that
I misread that adjective

Read nigger read

I heard you like Karaokee

fugg

fugg youuu

You have no fucking idea. I go to Holla Forums sometimes, but fucking hell is it a disappointment. Apparently Jim still moderates that place as well and really does a number on the place. Bans about anyone for posting "dost".

At this point they'd do us all a favor if they nuked the place and gave it to an entirely different group of mods.

Maybe, I was invited to a Karaokee bar last week, but couldn't go due to the shitty weather. Maybe I should sing Live and Learn if they have it.

READ A BOOK NIGGA

Did we actually see a permanent increase in anons after that halfchan neoFAG fuckup or did they all fuck off again?
Was there an actual noticeable increase in shitposting and bait threads while they were here?

Didn't a fuck ton of mods jump ship from Holla Forums a year or two back?

what the fuck is a dost?

a slight increase I think, we'd have to ask Codemonkey.

We still have a higher number of posters than usual, might still be too soon to judge if they are permanent

do you think he is even capable of bringing anyone on board that isn't a hebe spammer? there is a sticky begging for vols. already recommended some antispam measures and already met with spammer defense force.

in comparison, Holla Forums is mostly fine. most of the threads have actual discussion. am I supposed to believe this is the result of manual moderation then

was going to correct as well, then saw you are already getting shit on. nice.

test to determine whether image is cp or not.

The Board Owner quit since Jim was cracking down on pedo shit.

Goddamm, you're so fucking blatant and sleazy.
Its pretty pathetic

Any ETA on that memory leak fix then?
Some threads could really use the post limit increase

Mark:

Alliance or Horde?
This is important.

The irony is that the bullshit "dost" just causes anons to spam more out of spite.

I'd be worth doing, particularly if he could give us a breakdown over the whole period.

Yeh, I suppose it'd be a good thing if ~10% stayed if it was the least cancerous 10% and they lurked for a bit.

Yes.

Stop posting CP then nigga.

I don't think they're a problem as long as they lurk and learn.

AHHH KILLPEDOSHIT TBH

t. Holla Forums

The only correct answer is:

I just want Inifnityfags to get BTFO'd

I never understood /asmr/, and I'm a complete degenerate that comissioned Eltonel a good amount of money for Vivian to fuck a Mountain.

have you been to webm thread lately?

Oy vey it's important to keep the service alive.

Is it snowing yet?

$70 isn't a good amount of money for a commission of that quality, you got a steal on that because eltonel is a cool guy

post the mount & blade one from like 9 months ago, you know the one that really gets under your skin.

Are we talking in the >>>/gts/ sense or just someone named Mountain? subtle hint to post said image

When she whispers into a single independent ear, I get this sensation that starts from said ear and goes all the way down to my fucking foot. It's like her voice is stabbing me or something.

by "still moderates", I assume you mean "does fuck all". and you are saying he hands bans for people arguing that some hebe shit falls on the red side of dost correct?

wanting to enforce dost is the opposite of being the pizza delivery man.

suggestion: one big webm cyclical where duplicates are pruned. it's not like each thead is any more than 10% different than the last anyway.

Literal, she's a giant and putting the peak of a mountain in her vag

Mark was a mistake

Nope. Have they been causing issues?

We're talking in the >>>/gts/ sense

Probably, but I'm gonna keep giving him money since someone needs to keep my fetish alive. Maybe I'll just have someone else give the idea and I'll modify it a bit.

Eh, to each their own.

This is a good idea. Let's do this.

Certain sounds are enjoyable and help you relax, coupled with whispering it can help you relax, much like ambient sounds of waves crashing and wind.
Start by entry tier shit like someone reading a story and such before going to sleep, though if you're not a person with insomnia or extreme anxiety you might not see a reason get into it.

I just wish /asmr/ wasn't the unholy breed of /cow/ and /facebook/

that's like curing cancer with AIDS

You should know how much of a bad idea that is.

Let me let you in on a secret. The only difference between here and there is the inferiority complex you and other migrated anons share about having made the "right" choice. Your leadership of the board is non-existent. The only thing you're steadfast about is allowing barely-relevant political shitflinging because muh gg.

make a better suggestion. containment board?

here's the image by the way.

depends,but if by issues you mean than half the thread isn't even webms anymore and on par with a youtube comment section then yes

Much appreciated.

This is what the jew overlord is doing to our Viv.
Why of all things this?

>>>/cuckchan/

I'll have to look for myself sometime.

Because I'm a horny bastard.

4u
Just a reminder that Sony will never love you back.

But a fucking mountain?

Is the entire net shitting itself? Holy shit.

Reminder that >>>/4am/ and >>>/late/ are a thing. In contrary to halfchan, we don't have to allow everything or accept shit surroundings just to have a certain general.

Holla Forums doesn't have any revenue. Have you been in a basement for so long that you have forgotten what Autism bux are?

Then explain the entire content of >>>/irc/ . The leaked chatlogs and all recent scandals are spelling it out very clearly: 4chans rules are neither just nor consistent. Yotsuba was so shit that even Vichan as it was 2014 has blown it out of the water. Furthermore, the entire staff hates large portions of the user base. This goes so far that they try control the overall attitude and what board culture is acceptable.

>

boards for webms already exist,the only option is the nuclear option and that just leaves this place without webm threads

here you go mark, now you have a good profile on the derailing shitposter. You'll frequently find these images and other reused ones (he has a very small reaction image folder it seems) used to derail threads and antagonize people talking about platforms he doesn't own, ultimately shitting up the board.

That sounds like some cuckchan faggot talk, this is Holla Forums Holla Forums /mark/, everything is allowed except shitting on Nintendo.

Yes, and I wanna commission him again to make a /fit/ Vivian and a /fit/ Erin sharing a dildo shaped planet and using it as a dildo.

Either that or I can ask him to just have them use the entire country of Japan. I'm not sure yet.

Yes, but the issue with 4am is that it's bumplocked and the thread itself is practically dead, additionally it should be deleted after a few hours.

You also forgot no console war threads.
until one is derailed by offtopic autists who go for it

Sounds more like you're a retard to me

>implying that Japanese isn't the language of vidya
you don't belong here, normalfag

Are you retarded? The board shits on Nintendo all the time, and for legitimate reasons too. Hell even I shit on them when they fuck up.

If I hadn't moved because off GG threads getting deleted I would've moved only because of the larger webms with sound. Seriously, back there they're posting 3mb webms with no sound
Also they can't redtext

I think I got that from a Spider bite, I'm not entirely sure.

What's wrong? You can't learn Japanese user~kun?

I guess we should have a German learning thread because Gothic is best with the German voice overs and their six million different simulator games? Shut the fuck up you stupid faggot. Weebs are the reason why imageboards are shit.

I like Mark.

ftfy

Lax moderation is better than overmoderation, I don't mind the way it is right now. LOL threads can stay tbh, I have more fun with them than the majority of vidya threads here. I sort of miss filename threads, they'd at least generate some funny OC once in a while, but they're banned now for whatever reason.

You'll never get your ten dollars back.

or emoji shit posting 👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good shit go౦ԁ sHit👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌shit right👌👌there👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good shit

When did they bring back emojis?

anyone have a spine to share with this faggot?

The only excuse the gook-lovers ever have. Nuke them again.

The rules for this board are nonsensical, not comprehensive, and enforced at whim. There are numerous unwritten regulations enforced per thread or per user or per "thing I don't like." How can you begin to argue superiority on the basis of rules when that very subject is in such a shambles here?

You can play dumb all you like, but anti-Nintendo gets the regulatory hammer far more often than anti-any other platform.

I agree, the webm support is one of the main reasons I stayed.

No, newfags and normalfags are.

Christ, I'm so happy Obama is out of office. However whenever I see that shit I always think of him saying "Emoji". I hope I never have to hear his voice again. As whenever I hear it, I hear both disappointment and bullshit personified.

They can't even post more than one image per post. Even if we assume the user quality to be the same, Holla Forums wins by a pretty large margin if you don't mind the slower PPH

So you're retarded?

agreed. anti-japan attitudes are used for cucking the board.

emojis make me think of niggers too

The PPH is fine honestly, Like it's not as slow as say 420chan or 7chan where it takes bloody days to get a reply.

No, it's faggots like you.

Fuck off Myers

go to bed, mark, its already 02:24

Obama isn't just a dumb nigger, he's a dumb nigger that promised change but all he did was make shit worse.

Lad shouldn't you be complaining and derailing threads by:

-Stating M&B has shit combat
-Stating S.T.A.L.K.E.R is shit
-Stating Western games are all bad
-Steam is all of PC
-PC has no exclusives
-PC only has ports
-PC players are always begging
-You don't own anything thats not on Disk
-Saying all PC ports are shit because they're not meant for the platfrom
-Exclusives in a time where all console inputs and gamepads are the same are justifiable
-There are no PC classics
-All PC classics are shit
-All PC owners only play ASSFAGGOTS and MMOs
-PC games don't run on my 2012 laptop
-Complaining about emulation
-Stating Saturn emulators don't exist

Get to work, those threads aren't going to get derailed by offtopic platform wars by themselves you know?

It's the afternoon user. I should ask some friends if they wanna meet up in the city tho. A dinner to make up for last week would be nice.

Y-yes

Hey Mark, how come we still have "avatarfag" rule 8 when 4am is not even being moderated anymore?
That was its sole purpose and much like you it has failed in every regard.

All you have to do is filter weebs if you don't like them, it is not rocket science.

Easy Mark, don't embarrass yourself more.

Fucking rekt

How does Burning Rangers run on the Saturn emulator? I wanna give that game a go.

we're getting there though,slow and steady ever towards oblivion

Weebs are shitposters. I'm not talking about people who play japshit games despite how garbage 99% of them are, I'm talking about the faggots who berate anyone talking about western games and who's only response to their shitposting is "goon" with an anime picture I have seen twelve million times. There's nothing video games about learning a language. If jap learning is okay, then I guess we should have Russian learning threads because there's a lot of Russian games too, but of course that would NEVER fly under Big Jew's rule as he has a bias for japshit games as that's most of what he plays.

4am threads are bumplocked right a way and it is usually one faggot who avatarfags. I actually posted in the one last night and it wasn't that bad, it is almost completely pointless. Those are some sad anons

Kaz, I'm already a demnon.

Trust me, no it wasn't.

It's funny how 4am is supposedly "containment", but all it does is attract these faggots that will then shit up the rest of the board til next 4am. I think 4am threads should be banned outright.

M&B needs criticism because the sandbox aspect of it is lackluster as fuck, pure and simple. The combat is solid and good, though. It's like you never played multiplayer and experienced intense team combat.

mednafen has pretty intensive requirements but it would be your best bet.

this is a list of topics you actively derail or is it some sort of vengeance you're trying to achieve?

Aight.

Then why don't we just bumplock all shit threads instead of deleting them, eh?

There, problem solved for you.
As for making threads that are based around western games? Make better threads? Report shitposting? I have made countless threads on western based games and have never had this problem, maybe once or twice but just report them and or try and make the thread a few hours later.

Disappointed

BITCH SHUT UP
don't tell him the secret

Decently enough

You don't get to feign ignorance

I don't know, tradition maybe?

We're not though, our PPH is a solid 250-300 every day. Would I like things to improve? Yes, but the issue is that the Infinity Next project was such a huge failure, and that HW was slow to give the site over to Codemonkey so we went on for two months with a broken site, and it drove away a fuck ton of people.

What Codemonkey needs to do is somehow bring back those smaller communities, the question for him is how he can do that?

Are you underage?

And GG should be moved to their own board as actual discussion never happens in those threads, jap learning should be moved to their own board as that has nothing to do with video games and general threads have their own board called /vg/ but whatever, might as well have them here, 4am and webm should be banned because it's just shitposting, but who gives a fuck anyway because there's no discussion to be had on this board on anything but some meme weebshit of the week and the bottom of the barrel already rot away and this garbage board is what's leaking underneath.

regardless of whether or not 4ch has better rules on paper (in your opinion), their core audience can't be effectively moderated into being less retarded. that's not to praise 8ch users, considering Holla Forums and a solid third of Holla Forums users are clinically retarded. the point is that 8/v/ rules work within context. you don't have to regulate morrowind players like you do skyrim players, if you get my drift. this unfortunately falls apart on some other boards.

using a blanket term to vilify every group member based upon a few assholes is always a valid tactic, yes? good goy.

it's his commission money nigger.

filesize is not large enough

so what is it? Justification for derailing all threads that have to do with topics you don't like?

weak shit, norton easily fended that off

Just because it's his money doesn't mean I can't question his taste you double nigger

Nice mini donut, fag.
Nah

The problem with GG threads is that it details to off-topic trap/milf/porn posting and non-vidya political discussions that would normally be on Holla Forums.

List what you personally think are shit threads?
So far 4am and LOL threads are the obvious.

it is essentially a general chat thread, and should be on auto-sage

GG isn't allowed on Holla Forums anymore though, so double negative?

Would you recommend it over Yabause?

mark do u like farts?

DELETE THIS HERESY

significantly, if the game is running stuttery or noticeably poorly the first time, close mednafen and reopen it.

Got it, guess I'll change my Retroarch core then.

You don't have to care about that and it's not what I'm talking about.
I personally like the LOL threads, but if Holla Forums would want them gone, I could see why.

But can you tell me one reason why we have to house a group of niggers who took over 4am and use it as their blog now?
That's a pathetic excuse Mark's pulling out of his asteroid sized ass every time.

The non-vidya discussions are not vidya related and can go to another board.

That doesn't mean GG should talk about non-vidya politics.

Deflection, deflection, deflection. You gook lovers never have any excuse and are all (1) and done shitposters who can only state something you heard from someone else, and will ignore all the flaws and shit in the jap video game industry like the mass migration to gambling games and mobile, microtransactions and on disc DLC with glee but I guess it's fitting because you gook lover sub-80 IQ subhumans love consistency and doing menial shit, with all the jap cartoons being 90% filler bullshit and JRPGs being grinding and the same story since the 90s.

Exactly. That's my issue as well.

What happened last week?

If only I could get my Dualshock 3 to work with SSF. I'm honestly not sure how it compares to playing it on the real thing, but it just worked well enough when I ran it last time.

I love this excuse, same one he uses for not enabling the bumplock icon. Or he wants to obfuscate the arbitrary bumplocks.

That is a very good point, Ristu, like ROB poster is probably a mod/vol or "friend" of Mark. This Marks board by the way, he has stated it multi times.

I stopped paying attention to GG after it became eceleb ridden and muh PR.

You DO realize you're on a Japanese image board, right? Yes the Japanese industry has issues, but it's nowhere near as terrible as the Western games industry. For every Cuphead or Titanfall 2, you'll get 100 David Cage games or Wolfenstein's. The Japs have issues as well, just look at Konami and Capcom. No one is defending their shit, the difference is that the Japs have good studios like Falcom and SEGA (not sonic team) who DO put out good content and are praised for it.

Like I said
You don't get to feign ignorance

what's the point if there's no extreme angle and/or buildings and humans to show the scale? It just looks like she's normal sized and fucking a sharp rock.

Now you're wearing a tinfoil hat, I never liked Ritsu at all. The cunt was always ban evading and was always shitposting. I hope the faggot burns in hell.

I had that thought every now and then. But I though it was Smokes who's on the vol team, who was not once banned for avatarfagging.
Something has been going on in those threads for a long time now.

It would be better if the lewd posting is kept to at least a minimum as long as it's related to videogames and that Holla Forumsitics should be removed.

I don't blame you.

Japan has 99 problems, but games aren't one.

Mark why are you giving him (You)s?
Its obviously a shitposting goon trying to stir up East Vs West bullshit

bump locks are often arbitrary I've noticed. I think that catalog reliant threads like generals/recurring threads should be bump locked as they attract their own posters that persistently look for them to frequent.

what?

The issue with japs is usually when they try to either make games too simplistic or they try to cater to the western audience. Final Fantasy XV is a good example of this.

Because I wish Karen was around.

I don't remember doing any such thing.

The rules are retarded. I won't even go down the entire list, but rule 1 was violated dozens of times during the weeklong NeoFAG cyclical that you made. By not enforcing the rule, it might as well not exist. It just becomes another unspoken exception to the stated policies, like the bumplock 4AM gets on a daily basis.

Mark, this isn't a Japanese imageboard you fucking goof, it is an American imageboard designed after a Japanese imageboard. Stop replying you are an embarrassment of a BO.

Then ban him.

Who knows what goes on behind the scenes, probably is a jewish operation.

Cancerous can't even begin to describe

Why are you jumping on the titanfall 2 meme?

That's the problem when AAA Japanese companies try to appeal internationally. I've never played XV but heard praise for it, but it could be shill praises for all I know.

catering to western audiences is the biggest mistake ever made. Microsoft's shill campaign during the 7th generation worked but I'm happy to see Japan recover. Looks like Capcom won't make it tho.

generals aren't competing for recognition. Small threads like xbox, hellsing, .hack, team fortress, atari threads floating around in the catalog do. If anyone wants to find a general, all people who frequent or are looking for said general will go to the catalog. People don't look for niche topics, they stumble on them, which is where the first page comes in.

generals survive on their own, and will be remade once they 404. No name threads like collectan/buyfag threads die in a week and get made every other month.

Nigger Mark defends PSVR because it has Endless Summer, No Heroes Allowed and a game that shits on a franchise so hard that it rivals it fucking mobileshit game.

What do you think?

we're trying to keep general threads from pushing other threads off the board, all that would do is increase the frequency with which generals push other topics away.

The rule purose is to cull shitty oneline threads from a certain group that was doing it on halfchan for years. Instead of banning anime reaction images or the topics or ban them as not vidya like halfchan does thanks to the dumbed down judgement system, the behavior as such is banned. In short: Don't post stupid oneliner bait thread with OP's like "Now that the dust has settled…" and you are fine.

To that I add that we had a recent spike and experience slow growth. Another problem is rampant sexperversion repulsing people. A lot could be done by not recommending people porn boards.

Word of mouth like HW did. /cow/ is only here, because Hotwheels went to their channel as soon as he has heard that Katsu pulled the plug.

Yup. The typical underage faggot likes his edgy super soldier games financed and marketed by the biggest kikes in the world.

SA hates anime and Japan, because they are bunch of smug gammafag losers and anime reminds them that they are also pedosex.

Pic related.

Mark is technically right. After all, we are run by 2ch/5ch. Furthermore Anime literally comes with the territory. Every bigger Imageboard has anime reaction images and threads about shitty ass Otaku stuff.

Are you going to blame "the v clique :^)" next?

no. They won't affect surrounding threads. The last thread in the catalog hasn't seen a post in almost 2 days. It'll affect those threads once you make a new one.

Forgot my pic. Here, have 5,

The Japan gaming scene is funny in the sense that you'll get really quality games one minute and then get waifu simulator 2.345. Japs have, as they always had and always will, shit taste.

It's not a meme, it's a good game. Buy it from a russian CD Key dealer. The multiplayer is bloody amazing.

Yes, the doxing rule was violated during the NeoFAG generals. We allowed the exception.

But I don't have a PSVR. I do wish No Heroes Allowed had subs though, they ruined the voice acting and localization of that game.

I'm in the same boat, but we can both judge the game by watching gameplay and knowing about the mechanics, and the game looks mediocre at best.

I don't know how deep you had to shove your hand up your ass to pull that nonsense out.
Rule 8 was, specifically because of 4am, modified to ban avatarfags.
Now that 4am is not even moderated anymore it's useless and only serves the vols and not the board anymore.

Yeah, they also prefer Part 5 JOJO over Part 4, which is something I always found to be very odd.

Be careful user, he's a disabled veteran.

There is so much wrong with this sentence. Enjoy you're hydrostatic equilibrium

But if its a good game the. That w

oh no,anything but that;won't somebody please think about the children

It's not useless, 4am is dead and is easily ignored.

Oh? is all the text in Japanese? last time I checked it is in English. I mean, if you want to LARP all the power to you.

I haven't gone near a GG thread in over 3 years. Just thread reminder too that Mark is an actual newfag and so are a lot of you. So get off that high horse.

No they fucking don't
I've bumped near death generals countless times which was enough to get the attention of lurkers and get discussion amd posts going to the bumplimit.

Most lurkers don't go further than the top page of the catalog and bumplocking them would only kill them, just like the random E.Y.E general that popped up yesterday.
Kill yourself

The concept of a webforum was not a unique idea, there were BBSes and just normal forums before it. Imageboards like 2chan never did anything actually original, this site was originally made by the white man and is now operated by another white man, besides that it's pretty clear you know jack shit about western gaming (obvious considering all you play is weebshit, something you yourself have said) by defending mediocre titles like Titanfall 2, you could have pointed out something actually good like Elex which was an action RPG with tons of content made by under 30 people in a family house in Germany on a shoestring budget, not dumbing the game down one bit and pissing off every numale "journalist" for not having level scaling and being hard as fuck, but you don't even know about it because you are a weeb and don't care about actually hard core games.
I saw you in the Dystopia game night once and you were easily the worst FPS player I have ever seen with literally no aim at all. A 10 year old Slav on a laptop with a broken mouse and laptop with 300 ping could beat you.

As a weeb, it's a guilty pleasure of mine.

You know how Japs have a hard on for Italy and France.

The only thing I fear about Japan is them outright abandoning consoles and going only on mobile.

So if people were breaking rules in that thread, and everybody was ignoring it, that's all right?
Don't let pedo spider or homoko hear about this.

Source on 2nd pic?

Where the fuck is the rest

Welcome to the entire board of Holla Forums, it is "Marks Circle Jerk & Friends". This gets stated every meta thread.

REEEEEFUCK THIS SITE

Mark please, we have a whole thread about such a thing on Page 11 right now.

where did I say certain generals shouldn't be bumplocked? Those threads I listed aren't generals and are all about an immediate subject.

You might as well embrace it. Mobile will output twice as much "content" for half the price so your dopamine addled sub-80 IQ weeb brain will love it.

Honest question but why do GG threads still exist? Anytime I go in there it feels like its just waifu-faggotry and attention whoring. Any affect the movement could have had was made long ago and there is no reason to keep a general dedicated to it.

And every thread it's "well, they could get mad, so you better suck it up and bend over"

The very same reason why 4am exists, apparently.
Mark is afraid of autistic revengeance ala bui.

and because Big Jew is too much of a pussyfooted faggot to take action.

My IQ is 95 and I am a NEET diagnosed with by ny doctor autism.

I could've mentioned Elex, but I haven't actually played it. So mentioning it would also be lying. Also Titanfall 2 is a solid FPS with great movement mechanics and a nice fast pace. It's fun.

Probably because I had no idea how to play the game since it was my first time picking it up.

A platform is only about what content it provides, and it seems like PSVR is providing more content then Vive and Oculus right now.

its so marks friends can hang out together.

Cuckchan refugees have upset the balance of autism

Why do we need to delete them?

Because Jews hate change.

I see plenty of trash in the catalog that should never be there, you can't tell me the quality hasn't gone down.

whoa, stop being a sony shill mark. You'll upset this guy: and he'll derail your thread.

Because it gets filled with non-vidya political discussions and off-topic lewd posting. I don't think GG threads should be deleted, but you should moderate them.

So is Midair, which is a high skill FPS similar to Tribes that came out in early access only a while ago. It's a game made by 3 Australians and is easily my favorite FPS of the year.
Not an excuse what so ever. Anyone that has played FPS for over 20 hours could pick it up. All you have to do is pick a class and shoot at people, it's the easiest shit ever and very little of the game even needed pure skill.

I thought you were refering to rule 7. As far as I concerned, the avatarfag part was in polace for a long time and not due to 4 am threads but because of characters like Revyfag. Are you also aware that avatarfags are not the most popular people here?

You are truly living under a rock. Stay relatively innocent, user. :^)
I wasn't talking about hanky panky like >>>/u/ , >>>/monster/ or >>>/hentaiporn/. I was talking about shit like >>>/zoo/ or >>>/vore/

Pic related. If this place, lets say, gets bought out by the Trump Organization tomorrow, my argument still stands. Imageboards have been from the beginning and will be for the foreseeable future the home of the a large swath of Western anime fandom. You will see smug animu girls. Whether you like it or not is fucking irrelevant.

All I am saying is the posts in those threads are practically always off topic and have nothing to do with the thread they are posting in.

They're probably bumplocked.

Neofag arrived and brought all the old, worn out memes that exist only to clog up the catalog.
Man I would be rampaging with thread deletion and bans if I was on the mod team.

Meant to reply

They make wandering goons, cuckchanners, redditors, and Neofags upset. Such as

It's hilarious that they're still getting blamed and raged at by journos and sjws for their own failure to realize that they're pushing society further away from the left due to their own fuckups.

I know right? That's why we give them a whole thread every day to blogpost without so much as a slap on the wrist.

I already stated how to filter weebs, but imageboards aren't a religion or cult. No matter what you say rabbi.

And now you know why GG threads still exist, pure attention whoring and muh PR.

I thought neofags went to resetera or whatever.

see,it's the matter is not that i live under a rock the matter is that you live under the same rock with me without even realising it

They're just a bogeyman at this point. If someone comes in from cuckchan and they learn how to post, good. The main problem with cuckchan is the fact that the staff running it is corrupt as hell; the userbase is a bit shittier than Holla Forums but there are a few boards still worth going to there depending on your interests. Most of the posts I see people overreacting about aren't even that bad; there are times where I can understand people flinging shit, but it never really makes sense most of the time because it's just five (You)'s telling the user to go back to wherever and they pretty much never do. It's just ruining post quality and a lot of people seem to be overreacting over the slightest shit and giving into paranoia due to the concentrated astroturfing and shitposting going on.

Board quality was going down even before NeoGAF started burning. Most people find the humor here too "edgy" simply because people say nigger casually, and that tends to ward the thinskinned faggots out.

I usually only get an assmad storm of (You)'s for posting about this topic since it goes against the current idea most people have, but I believe it's still an important piece of discussion that should be brought up if we're talking about Holla Forums since it's the biggest piece of drama happening right now

someone arrived and started making the same shit threads we got rid of over a year ago and neogaf is the only place that made a big move.

maybe it's best you stay out of the mod team :^)

Reported for racism.

Dude, its literally some faggot cuck who lives with his parents named Ritsu and maybe two or three more anons who are just as pathetic in that thread. Delete the threads? I agree they should be deleted, but Mark once again is a pussy.

Oh okay, I usually lurk most of the time so I don't pay attention the internet drama and if I do, its pretty passive.

FUCKING FAGGOT CIANIGGERS

Sure thing

Wheres that PSVR content Mark?
Does it have flight sims and Rollerscoaster builders yet?
The only thing that looks promising on it is batshit insane game where you fight aliens and its not even tied exclusively to it.

when's the last one? From a month ago? Some general. When's the last webm thread or gamergate thread? fullderp or spacestation 13?

Then you won't see half of the users. With your sperg record of (((15))) you are not in a position to give out advice to how to ignore shit either.

The do have a established culture since 10 years by now, no matter what you say, r/the_donald or wherever from you have crawled into Holla Forums. Do you think I don't see such shit? Think again! I have studied that issue out of neccessity, because I was nuts enough to do all the Holla Forums threads for >>>/irc/. The issue of newfag migrations from reddit popped up very often on #janiteam.

He started in 2010…
What a coincedence, eh?

So, do newfags really not know how to use imageboards and or catalogs anymore? You just hide the threads you don't want to see anymore? done, problem solved, keep the threads you want to actually discuss up and not hidden. What the fuck is going on.
Then filter it and make better threads.

What you haven't seen is that once there was one there was many. And the people worth talking to left and these niggers get to stay.
Let this be an example to anyone who values their threads. Bully niggers like him and do not allow him to settle down anywhere.
It's like a fucking virus that eats you from within.

Do you understand what a general is you retard?

And you are shitposting, filtered.

Please no

Yes, I agree bully the shit out of them if you have too, but more moderation is never the answer.

Ace Combat 7

do you understand what a recurring general is you derailing shitposter? Shouldn't you be trying desperately to gather my (you)'s in other threads? It worked so well last time.

you do know that hiding threads doesn't make them disappear from the catalog. There's a reason you bump threads, its to get page 1 views. We had someone else say they bump generals to do the same. Try being a litttle consistent. Being genuine will do you good.

I'd like to argue against the newfag argument by saying that newfags are rather important to the longevity of a board. Users can't post forever, and most of my friends I met through gamenights no longer even post here because post quality has gone down so much. Most people are just shitposting about going back to whatever website, too; I value discussion a lot more even if the person takes a little while to become smarter. They'll get laughed at and they'll learn how to post better, or they'll just quit and decide Leddit is nicer and safer for them. Back in the days of 4chan this shit was common knowledge.

A good chunk of the posts on this board are just shitposting and it's hard to maintain good discussion if everyone keeps baiting and then everyone else keeps falling for the bait. Again I'll point to my point of the people who value good discussion just up and leaving because of the place getting so bad; it's a thing that happens but it's not really noticed because of how an anonymous community works.

ERASE 4AM THREADS AND LET RABBIT THREADS COMEBACK

НЕПРАВИЛЬНО

kill yourself

Mark delete friday night threads they are gay

well memed my friend

Sorry, my coffee is done, I am going to go do actual shit and play video games.

It takes them off the catalog from your browser until you clear your browsing history, what the fuck are you talking about? Is English your first language?

Fair enough, I lurk most of the time. Good luck I guess?

Are languagethreads allowed if they do not appear that often? Also Mark, does consistent reporting work out? A larger text box to file a report would be nice too.

Thanks, user. I've been trying to post good posts in threads; if I shitpost, it's a funpost with OC that I try and make to bring some laughter to the threads. Otherwise I just post in threads with sometimes autistic walls of text to try and contribute to discussion. This site has been my home ever since 2014 and I'm not going to just sit back and watch the culture get turned on its head by a bunch of shitposters who don't understand the importance of post quality.

my mistake, I mistook the way the catalog loads for not hiding threads. It shows threads that are hidden regardless until it reads the appropriate information in your cache.

BAN 4 AM.

Its literally just head tracking with a bunch of isolated missions.
Fucking VTOL is what Steel Battalion Heavy Armor wanted to be
Mark I…

Literally nothing wrong with rabbit threads as long as its at the end of the month
Touhou is vidya after all

I firmly believe you don't save these for shitposting purposes.
I think you're just an autist with low porn standards.

Rabbit threads might as well be allowed if 4am is allowed. Ban rabbit threads, then ban 4am threads.

Why don't you move to the touhou threads then?
Or could it be that even they don't want you there?

I HOPE I'm wrong.

(checked)
4am should be bumplocked to contain the cancer
Rabbit threads should be allowed at the end of the month for monthly 2Hu discussion

Anyway It's been four hours, and I'm hungry.

I think I'm gonna end it here. thank you for joining everyone.

That's some extreme butthurt. Over there. Good that this dialog is over, because I am filtered.

Well, Image boards are like MMOs. People quit them all the time and then come back. Your friends might also return now that the election cycle is over and some of the people who tend to pay shills are now on the run. The quality is OK in comparison to the toilet that is Ulilauta. We should reintroduce dubs checking. What the hell happened to that? I see stupid threads all the time.

You have >>>/jp/ for these. /jp/ needs a lot more posters. Why don't you have very active rabbit thread here?

They are still a /jp/ thing. This isn't 4chan were boards hate each other, because some losers from a IRC channel said so. Go lurk other boards from time to time.

Nobody needs that occult bullshit to discuss 2hu. We already having a 2hu thread on the front page. Here, check it out!

No, its more like I don't want to be there, /a/ is really bad, better than its cuckchan relative by miles, but still bad.

Touhou is more Holla Forums than /a/ though

You always are cakegoblin

Learn to spell, nigger faggot.

Get fucked, jew faggot.

I don't need to hate another board to not want it here.
And as you are saying, I can go to other boards if I want to partake in their kind of content.

Then stay in the touhou thread.

Should be engraved on your headstone you fat fuck

Learn to stop lying.

Sure, I'm just saying that Rabbit threads are Touhou threads.

Then order something, like you always do, you fat fuck. Some of us here enjoy the finer things in life, like making your own tendies and dipping sauce
12 GAME OVERS

And since we already have touhou threads, rabbit threads can stay dead. Glad we agree.

I was ribbing you for your ignorance. 2hu related shitposting is /jp/.

Make them on /jp/. You are bored out of your skull, because it is practically denb.

Some of these people were there FOR the election cycle. The board quality has just gotten so bad to where they've more or less entirely given up on the site, and this shit sucks. Good posters are being driven away because the status quo just feels like shitposting on top of astroturfing on top of paranoia and random flaming and baiting, and they're looking for a place with good OC and conversation. A lot of Anons are giving into thinking that it's the way things should be, too, and I've seen multiple people I know get rather pissy over really basic shit because it's not Holla Forums enough. Hell my best friend has just given up on imageboards all together because he's convinced they just attract shitposters and are more trouble than they're worth, even though this dude has damn great taste in vidya and owns 8/vr/

Dude actually still cares about his own board but he's given up on pretty much everything else

That looks less like Vivian James and more like the catgirls from Dominion Tank Police, but that's still p hot.

Yeah, but all I'm saying is that when the Touhou thread dies a Rabbit thread at the end of the month can replace it for more Touhou discussion.

This actually sounds like a fun idea. I'd be open to it.

Or, and call me crazy if you will, you just call it a touhou thread.
The very fact that you would insist on calling it a rabbit thread rings my bullshit alarm.

I dunno the idea of doing a monthly Touhou thread with a special theme sounds like a fun idea. Rabbit threads are kind of a part of the culture and I don't mind seeing them around, honestly. user's proposal sounds fun and mixes things up a bit by incorporating culture into discussion to make it less intrusive.

Ive come across that guy before. It's a damn shame it has gotten this bad. But, as the adage goes, dont forget, youre here forever. Dont scatter thier ashes to the heartless sea.

Rabbit threads aren't about Touhou. There are about saying rabbit at the beginning of the month. Avatarfagging as a Touhou character while blogging doesn't make it a Touhou thread.

Again the most we can do is keep posting. They're never going to stop shitposting so long as people keep giving them (You)'s but we can teach other Anons to stand against it. Getting mad at them is just giving them exactly what they want and I'm surprised so many people take them this seriously. I'd like to believe people here are smarter than that.

If you say so

I know I'm being the asshole here, and I wouldn't be opposed to giving it a try again. But for quite some time these rabbit faggots were being pretty obnoxious and annoying about it, leading to them being removed in the first place.
Having seen how 4am turned out in real time, I just don't want another one of those around.
If you faggots could manage at least that much, be my guest.

Rabbit threads just devolve into tewi and reisen porn dumps, with some /cringe/ faggots sperging out about muh magicks. Just make it a fucking 2hu thread, and be done with it. Or better, go to >>>/jp/, thats kind of why it even exists
Does anyone here even remember the split that created /jp/ back in early 4cuck, or is it just me?

I keep forgetting these were made by a 4am attention whore,
Shame

For that reason, why not have 4am banned also? If rabbit threads are banned, 4am should be banned too.

ban 4AM they have their own board >>>/4am/

I would be all for it, but Mark's go to excuse is "they'll be super mad at me and start spamming", which is funny because the rabbit fags, apart from once every meta thread, don't do shit after having been told to fuck off.
As another user pointed out, there might be a connection between Mark, the vols and 4am as it is right now.
deepest lore

Funnily enough the people on that board don't want them either.

That's the funny thing. Even if these fags get mad, Mark can just get tough and throw the book at them. It's obvious bullshit on how he banned rabbit threads while allowing 4am to stay. Why not ban both?
Maybe Mark is buddy buddy with the 4am vols after all.

Just try and tone down the smug nature. While it's fun when done right, if you use it all of the time it just kind of makes you get taken less seriously. Sure it's easier to just shit on people, but proposing ideas more intelligently leads to change, and that's what you're going for. I've posted in 4am and I've found it comfy enough, and I don't hate Ritsu; he's pretty damn autistic but I've played vidya with him and he has a good heart and a nice sense of humor. I can understand the hate for 4am though as the community tends to get a little fucky at times, but overall I just find it kind of nice to wind down with a late night thread. We're coming from two different points here so I'm not expecting you to go "wtf i love 4am now" or some gay shit, but I find it comfy enough. You got faggots like Wolfspider though who are fairly unbearable; if you've ever played Project Gorgon with Holla Forums back when it was a thing, he was a huge meme because he got banned for screaming about niggers in global chat in the game and then sent 19 emails in the span of 10 hours or so begging to be unbanned and he didn't even understand why he got banned in the first place.

Then if you visit the irc for 4am don't even get me started on the fucks like Willow who flip shit whenever you accuse them of being gay but constantly hit on people like Homoko and try and cover themselves up by violently shitposting to pretend it's just a meme. I can completely understand why people would want it removed, so I'm not like violently opposed to it being wiped from the board since there is a /4am/ board and the irc chat, which I don't really even participate in anymore. Hell, I don't really even post in the threads anymore aside from the rare occasion where I just want to check in and I have nothing better to do. If I'm staying up until 4 AM I just want to do comfy shit like play Dwarf Fortress all night with a good drink.

you are all equally cancer

that same change is easily undone by even one person, that's the thing

I'll tell you something. I would not give two shits if he were another user in the sea, but he can't do that. And since he chooses to carry the name that he knows people hate, he does so for a reason. It might be too autistically 4D chess related for me to understand, but having seen 4am before, during and after him, I want him dead.
His little "if I reply to everybody like a give a shit" shtick doesn't fly with me and neither did it with all the worthwhile anons who left because of people like him.

I really thought back then when the dick posting/gay posting started that we had hit the lowest low, but I was bound to be proven so very fucking wrong.
And that's why I'll be opposing threads that could end up just like it until I see proof that anons have their shit together enough to not let it happen.

If rabbit threads aren't allowed, a whole variety of other extremely tertiary threads should go as well. Not only because they are equally off-topic, but because they are many times more frequent.

>You have >>>/jp/ for these.
And if you're going to make this argument, well, there are dedicated boards for virtually every single topic discussed on Holla Forums, so unless you're saying Holla Forums should stop existing the logic goes nowhere.

The flaw in your argument is that in this example of rabbit threads, they are the ones who rely on the goodwill of Holla Forums and not the other way around.

They are asking to be here and not Holla Forums asking them.
Imagine it being like a visa for threads that actually give back to the board.
Holla Forums wouldn't cease to exist because it removed rabbit threads.

The few adapt to the many and not the other way around.
If /jp/ as a whole board is willing to have you and Holla Forums is not, then that's how it is.
You don't see people saying "there is a board for car games so go there!" because car games aren't that much of a niche that only 10 people take interest in.

Your argument would probably only amount to anons wanting LOL threads gone. But if you were to apply that to let's say webm threads, I'd have to tell you that they produce far more content and OC for the board than rabbit threads. So they have their visa prolonged for another amount of time while the rabbit thread's ran out a long time ago.

so who did Holla Forums fuck to produce this half oni daughter?

I dunno I've never been one to jump on people for shit like that. I've hung out with the guy and the way he's acted makes me believe he's actually genuine and just cares about 4am and likes to fuck with Mark. I can't really get behind wanting people dead for something like that, either. Killing people over shit like this seems to be a little too harsh. Again yeah his autism level is certainly high but I know him and he's not a bad dude at all.

I don't want him dead literally user. But the name, the "face" he puts on. unless he gets another kidney stone and bites the dust, that's fine, too

As I said, I wouldn't care if he'd been an user all along, but he won't do it, he can't.
yeah his version of it, obviously

Ah yeah that's true. He does have an awful lot of presence in the 4am threads, and, like I said I don't exactly hate them and like to check in when I feel like it. It makes sense that the threads would've shifted around him since he's so active and I understand that. I have trouble believing that he's actually corrupt or some shit and not just terribly autistic; he can't stand to watch or read an anime or manga with a single male character in it and he mainly just watches/reads yuri. He has some damn heavy quirks but I've talked to him on multiple occasions and I just really don't see that kind of deal in him. I think he's just gotten a bad reputation and people are looking at him in a different light or something because honestly I don't see anything really bad in him; the closest thing would just be his autism and even then I don't really mind that, because I'm kind of an autistic fuck myself at times. Not nearly at his power level, but I'm pretty autistic about some things.

It's still interesting to talk about this anyways and see exactly what people see wrong with him. It's eye opening and reminds me that it's good to look at things from another perspective and understand how others see things instead of just getting into some heated debate over differing opinions. A lot of people hate him so it's neat to sit down and have a civil conversation about the drama around it without any shitflinging.

And how do you think he got that? Could it be by attaching a name to himself and being autistic?
If I asked you right now what the first thing is you'd say if I mentioned Val, you'd instantly be able to reply that he's an autistic retard.
The thing about him is that he cannot be wrong. He is allergic to admitting that he has wronged. He'll brush it off with smug animu and he'll just stop replying to you altogether since you've seen through his "nic guy reply to everyone" shtick.

I'm happy that you're equating yourself on par with his autism, for whatever that's worth. But I'm through with him as long as he choose to be Ritsu.
I agree that it's better to talk things out, which believe me I tried time and time again in the threads as well.
But there comes a point where words don't reach the other side anymore because they either hurt too much, or they have more people on their side who have their back and whose voices are louder than yours.

It's not that they hurt too much. Most people here are thickskinned as fuck, and if people just have voices louder than yours it means they're just stubborn assholes who just want to shit on you for thinking differently. But yeah I don't remember much about Val at all, if I even heard about him. And yeah I think people just saw him in a bad light, especially after Mark went ballistic on him and a bunch of drama kept going on about him evading bans to mess with him or whatever or even just out of being stubborn.

Again I'm not really sure if I see that in him but to be fair he's one of the people who doesn't really like shitposting in the threads, as ironic as that might seem to you. He probably stops responding if you get a little too pissy because he probably just assumes you're there to shitpost. I mean at least I'll give him the benefit of doubt there. I think there's a valid reason for him to act like that from what I know of him, but, yeah, again, I'm not ignoring your words. Some people just get tired of interacting with posters who look like they want to start shit; hell even I myself tend to ignore posters that are getting a little pissy sounding just because they're generally bad news for the thread quality if you decide to debate them. Unless they're overwhelming the entire thread then I'll try and tell them to calm the fuck down and post something good to try and contribute if anyone is actually there to discuss things seriously. And yeah I'm not asking you to like the guy I'm just kind of explaining why I like him from the stance of someone who doesn't believe him to be a shitty guy.

It's almost as if I am disrupting his world, maybe in his head I am trying to take it over, by coming into a thread he took over.
I mean this shit writes itself.

And I won't shit on you for that. But equally I will try to let you in on how I see the issue.

It's quite the dilemma if not hating him requires me to have to understand him, which I never will.
Personas and egos simply have no place on imageboards.
They will always attract either like minded egos or a posse that feeds into the ego and makes it even worse by adapting its behavior.
He could do this anywhere else. His own board, an irc, in the fucking cytube for all I care, but he won't. According to himself he doesn't even browse Holla Forums.
Both Huey and he are people who had things go wrong in their life badly enough to feel a need to do this.
He could be a fucking saint outside of 4am for all I know which he isn't if you follow his life story even just one bit but it wouldn't matter in the fucking least. Because here you are nobody but the words you type down.

Ahh I see. I think it's more than that, personally. You should be contributing well to a thread, sure, but your main deal with him also comes from your own perception, as does my view of him. You can perceive him as a nice person in 4am or you can see him as a shitty faggot. Hell I knew him in 4am before I knew him in the irc and I didn't question anything. Also I don't really see why shit going bad in your life would make you have a need to act like that on an imageboard. I also doubt he thinks you're trying to take over his world; personally I've always taken a step back from jumping to conclusions about people, even ones I dislike. It feels like you're blowing it out of proportion a little, sure, from the person he is for you, I don't blame you for hating him, and no offense but you sound a little melodramatic over the issue. Like I can completely get hating him and hell even being fine with him dying, but sometimes you gotta take a step back and reassess what you know to try and figure the bigger picture out. It made a lot of sense at first, what you were saying, but it feels like you've demonized him to the point where you're looking at flaws of his that don't really even exist much.

Doesn't exist. It's just the goodwill of Mark, which is flighty and does not require cause to decide you are suddenly unwelcome. The rabbit threads were allowed here for two years, nothing changed about the threads, then they were suddenly forbidden.
You say that, meanwhile /ogc/ threads last for literal months if bumped because no one outside a handful of regulars post in them. It's rather the opposite of your suggestion, the thread is so small and slow moving that it never becomes an ever-present annoyance on page 1.
In case you hadn't noticed, I'm not arguing in favor of banning anything, because that never works in the first place. Mark wants as many users as he can get. He only suddenly develops a problem with it when it's Not Invented Here™ and he perceives a threat to his insatiable attentionwhoring. All I want is consistent and predictable moderation, an issue which Mark has been unwilling to discuss for the entire time he's had the board.
That's all I'll say on it. Mark's gone, and even when he's here all he can do is spout memes and tell you to go to cuckchan/make your own dead board if you don't like his utopian Holla Forums.

I wouldn't even call it utopian. His whole idea is anarchy and it's entirely uninvolved, yet the mods still ban for certain opinions from time to time. He's not a bad guy at all but he really shouldn't be board owner of Holla Forums of all places; he's actually giving INTO the astroturfing and accepting what it's preaching as the status quo instead of trying to fight it off so actual quality discussion can come back more strongly.

I though about that of course. But I've seen it happen in real time day in day out until the threads were barren with anons and overwhelmed with avatarfags.
He happily jumped onto that trend and he will remain as a person who did so in my book.
It's not that I am subconsciously hating on him for his flaws.
It's rather that I am using every bit of information he chose to attach to his name willingly against him.
He built up a blockade that prevents me from sympathizing with him as I could with an user and he did so with a smile on his face.
Therefore I will continue holding this position and opinion of him.
Nobhing bersonnel, kid

The issue with /ogc/ is the issue generals suffer from.
They're made by a handful of people for a handful of people.

Well, I'd be in favor of that, but I stopped believing in fairy tales long ago.