Anybody else notice a huge influx of normalfags to pc gaming over the past 5 years?

Anybody else notice a huge influx of normalfags to pc gaming over the past 5 years?

You can thank a combination of Steam and PC MUSTARDRACE XDD memes for that

I began noticing it when the MLG shit was becoming a meme. Then the same kids whom that meme was making fun of migrated to pc to feel above the consolefags

As opposed to absolutely no normalfags swarming to any other platform?
Barring xbone and ouya I guess

Steam made it easy, for better and worse.

There was already normalfag majority on console back when xbox and ps2 released

I blame reddit

Reddit couldn't possibly be responsible for ruining another thing, could it?

Come to think of it the next generation of consoles will be dead in the water if they don't have integrated streaming services. How many faggots watch people YT, and how many would be streamers are there?

PC's always been the Western games platform so it's always been normalfag central

Current gen already has streaming integrated into the consoles. You just click share on the PlayStation controller and then click on which platform you want to stream to. Seems like the Xbone probably has a similar streaming setup.

Because of whichever of you fucking faggots wouldn't shut up about PC being so superior to console and everyone wanted to be cool like you dark internet "wizards".

YOU HAVE ONLY YOURSELVES TO BLAME

Blame Sony and Microsoft for making this generation of consoles so weak that even a modestly priced PC can run circles around them.

I'm guessing the account value adds up the games' full price, but you can buy them much cheaper in sales, bundles, and whatnot, so the number may be off by far.

It's almost like consoles are fucking shit now, and everyone knows it.

LOL.

If I were fucking Ranma in girl form, and while fucking her, she gets splashed in warm water, what happens to my dick?

Assuming? Presuming? Sorry, Inglesh feils me.

Why not use your $5,000 video game machine to google if that's what that stat is?

You become Siamese twins connected at the dick

Doesnt change much the fact that he spends a very large amount of money on 5500 digital games that he barely touched.

Ha ha, joke's on you, my PC is an outdated piece of junk!

That is what happens when consoles fuck up really really bad.
At a point even general consumers become apathetic to cons and lackluster titles and PC often has the ability to try before you buy, humble bundles and steam sales etc.

>anons keep shilling the "mustard race meme" wich is not that far off the mark anyway

Xbone is dead and $ony is next, Nintendo will survive (i don't know how but they allways have pulled through in the past so it's stupid to think they will die now)
and now that the current kings of the hill are dying out Atary came back from the grave to re enter the market and Sega has been acumulating power like crazy latelly, if the competition starts thining out the may just come back with another console

trips of truth
not posting a "check'em.jpg" is why you were denied those quints

They'll always infiltrate nerd shit

Most of this is mainly a Western thing though - there's still a very healthy mid-level range of developers in Japan, and the SJW shit is exclusively a foreigner thing.

The influx start around 2005, alot of cancer became PC gamers because of the meme box and steam

The cancer praising console garbage like Bioshock was definetly the most obvious sign we were already compromised

Sweat counts as warm water so you'll find out anyway.

HOW, WHY?

you know right the solution is to Not play videogames

being a retard normalfag with lots of money does that to you

They weren't kidding, such a waste of money.

People have learned that you can make money from playing games on the internet. So yeah, of course there's an influx.

No, but they certainly take a slice off the handheld market.

By the way, there is another noteworthy PC advantage that you didn't mention: much greater backwards compatibility lets you play tons of older games that are often much better than its modern counterparts, pic related. And whatever a modern system won't run natively may be emulated or virtualized.

more like Ten.

Most people in general who obsess over the PC nowadays are normalfags. "Your console sucks because our version of Assassin's Creed has better graphics". Honestly who fucking cares? It's all garbage now.

Oops xD time to reinstall Deus Ex

Too bad I only have Human Revolution xDDDD

More precisely, they slice off bits of the cancerous normalfag portion of the handheld market, which is probably at least part of why handheld consoles still get so many good games - all the normalfag money is in cellphone shit, so more of the shovelware heads that way.

HR is not bad, but the original is still better.

Why do you care?

You dont browse reddit on a console user.

Is this a satire?

is this your first day on imageboards?
fuck off whereever you came from
>>>/treblinka/

Did I bothered your booty?
DBZ is normalfag trash and being allowed by mark here only makes it worse.

Materialism was a mistake.

you need to fuck off from imageboards.
>>>/neogaf/

How was that moving the goalposts you dense retard

This is getting cute.

Me too friendolini, me too.

Judaism was a mistake

more like since 2007 really.

The mystique of PC gaming is becoming less massive now with low profile video cards capable of at least pushing medium that can be slapped into any decommissioned workstation.
The barrier for entry has dropped immensely.
Not to mention by either by laziness or discipline the hardware requirements for most games have been going down.

More like the last 10 years but yeah, windows XP and 7 really reduced the skill requirement to keep a gaymenPC running while $400 builds became viable.
This is also a factor.

I have said it before and I'll say it again, if PC gaymen never got any easier than the DOS days we would have less dumbing down in vidya.

Yea, I just browsed Linus tech tips channel, and man are the comments awful. Looks like the hardware geek XD market has a big cash flow from these idiots. But whatever, we don't live in a good society anyway so what can you expect from a garbage culture.

I remember before I got out of highschool there was a few people that always spouted mustard race meme shit. I finally asked one why, did he have some fucking SLI 1080 setup or something?

He didnt know what that meant and told me he owned a xbone

Anybody else notice a huge influx of shit threads to Holla Forums gaming over the past 5 years?

And that's why all these normalfags keep shitting up this board.

Because he's not a corporate slave wasting money like you.

Stay mad, niche shit still exists despite all the normalfaggotry and shit like WoW and Crysis existed and pandered to normalfaggots way before Steam.

I own a Windows 3.1 desktop for DOS gaymin. You don't actually miss port configuration, you just think you do. Trust me.

Oh shit you're right. I have been wasting my money on food and clothes.

WEW

fify

What is she saying?

Jesus christ how young are you

Yes, but who cares, play video games and bully the shit out of faggots who pretend too.

I assume you started playing PC games 5 years ago then, you newfag scum, get out

That's undeniably true. inb4 oy vey

Nvidia reported sales of 20+ million GTX 9 series gaming laptops as of the last quarter of 2015 to the first quarter of 2016. Gaming laptops aren't fucking cheap mind you. This is just a taste of the potential influx of normalfaggots. Especially since the rise of normalfag tech channels like LinusTechTips has made normalfags realize they can now just stick a GPU in their shitty Core 2 duos and play some modern games. Its a side effect of computer parts being able to scale down better now as well as the fact that development in the graphics department is also slowing down.

It's bittersweet, because it also shows the PC market has a lot of life in it

it's almost as if dumbing down technology so that retards can use it will result in retards using it

Jesus Christ. He has multiple games on there that he could pump 30 hours of fun into and he does jack shit.

Back to Holla Forums pajeet

Back to Steam, GameZard

Well, you could. Most consoles do have web browsers now.

pay attention to the one on the bottom.

either the one on the top is older, or doesn't count certain DLCs that the bottom does.

The curse spreads

i like how carmack is several skintones lighter than everyone else, making it clear that he is the basement dwelling programmer kid

Your dick moves from her butthole to his butthole. Not a difficult concept.

Huh…? You weren't doing her in the butthole? What are you, some kind of FAG?!

I like how Todd is standing infront of everyone else with a bit of a gap and still comes out smaller than everyone

Gee it's almost as if the cancer from 2007 has metastasised.
Shit like Day Z didn't help, it was PC only, maybe still is, and drew normalfag attention. Now PUBG is.

Gaming as a whole is fucked. Meaning PC is the future because it's the only way to play all the old games that were good.

How do you think Valve got as big as it has?

It started with steam but you could say they have been coming in since the introduction of graphical user interfaces any brain damaged nigger could figure out.
They really picked up the already great speed they were pouring in at with the PC MUSTARD RACE XD memes and the current consoles being so bad not even consoletards want to touch them.

All the good niche games and genres are also there.

more like "When ancestral memory kicks in", tbhfamalam

As I got older I realized a couple things

You just buy a console if it’s got one of those 3 locked down forever and just don’t spend it on shit you’ll like less. I bought a switch because I knew Zelda and Mario would grab me harder than some 20 random indie trash games I could’ve tried out instead.

My PS4 is in the closet since I’m done Nier and am waiting for KB3 to come out.

PC I mainly use for multiplayer games because paying for online is gay. Tried playing the bayo port on it but my graphics card is too shit and all cards are super expensive right now.

Almost tempted to get in that monster hunter world beta tho. PS+ is such trash but World looks so much fun.

I think him just fucking owning that makes me more angry than anything else.

Phones are also giant tumors.

See all of those yellow LEDs? They wouldn't notice.

To each their own but goddamn, you own yourself alright.

you can thank the "DUDE MASTER RACE LMAO" meme that bled over into reddit really fast.

There are many elegant PC cases out there, such tacky shit is inexcusable.

I don't know what the big fucking deal is. The normalfags had long since infested console gaming and most of your games on PC are going to be console ports anyway.
Indie games? But a good number of indie games are pozzed shit.

So what exactly about "PC gaming" are normalfags invading?

Plain black box is the only acceptable case style.

Every single PC exclusive player I have met has been just the absolute biggest normalfag possible. Even the ones from here.

I met one guy here on Holla Forums who used to be a big fan of classic Konami; Contra, Castlevania and stuff. Cool guy. Good taste.
Just last month, he bought a gaming PC. Straight downhill. He never talks to me anymore, he just plays ultra normalfag games all day like CS:GO and Rust and I don't even know the names of them, they're so gay, I don't keep up with normalfag game titles, couldn't tell you.

A couple weeks ago, there was a thread that asked people to post a screenshot of the top 10 games they had the most hours in on their Steam libraries. 9/10 were Dota 2, not an exaggeration.

Does buying a good PC make you a shit eating retard?

Yessir, and its the reason I jumped ship while I still had the chance. PC is a dead platform - thanks to Steam (like I told all of you faggots from day 1 while you were still sucking Gabe's cock) and Reddit's inability to stop being fucking gay.

Consoles do still have normalfags - but they're not the reddit-tier maymay spouting normalfags for the most part. As long as you avoid Destiny and the like, you're not likely to run into leddit.
PC is contested with an overwhelming about of furries, bronies and reddit (which constitutes as both) to be a playable platform anymore, especially for online play. With everything going to steam, there's really no reason to continue with it.

I have an One and a Switch, both of which I enjoy immensely.
Live has probably the best playerbase out of the three big platforms

Somebody never had to deal with 3rd worlders playing in Internet cafes spamming their languages in chat. Casuals came in simply due to gaming PCs being as easy to afford as consoles and most games being adjusted for toasters instead of higher end rigs.

Maybe some people only appear to have good taste because they can't run anything newer?

Oh, no. Plain beige, white, or grey are fine too.

That's because befriending anyone on imageboards is an activity only autists engage in

Of course, and the AAA companies are dumbing down all of their games to accommodate the normalfag's casual gaming desires.
WoW is the biggest example of this.

Playing shitty normalfag games is the opposite of autist. Reread what you just wrote, it's stupid.
Who am I supposed to play games with? It's either Holla Forums or literally reddit, there is nothing in between on the internet.

OR MAKE REAL FRIENDS IN REAL LIFE, FAGGOT

Never mind, I'd rather hang out with redditors online than make IRL friends.

They were shit eating retards to begin with, all I did was emulate GC and PS2 games.

For about a half decade, I had to rely on a laptop because my parents replaced the main PC with a Macbook.
I spent half a decade playing on a GTX 450M and a Celeron processor.
You know nothing of pain

You haven't been looking at it then - it looks like hot garbage that has more in common with Western shit than video games.

where the fuck have you idiots been?

I actually was planning on blowing about half of my enlistment bonus getting my dream PC, delidded i9-7900x, 1080ti, 64GB of ram, 2TB SSD, 1440p 144hz monitor etc but then I realized I don't actually play much games anymore and got a $1,000 laptop with a 1050ti instead.

What the fuck am I gonna play that needs more than a 1050ti to max out? PlebG? Generic clanfag survival multiplayer game? Lootbox cancer game(of which there are several now)? The only new game I've played in a long time is Divinity: Original Sin 2. Eh, gaming is pretty shit now. I need a new hobby.

Mine has also a fixed handle at the top. So grills are more spread out.

At least ASCII roguelikes are safe yet.

Even Dwarf Fortress has been spoiled by >>>/reddit/
Is there anything that can be done to reconquer what once was ours?

Try the Crysis series, and The Witcher 3.

Not really. I guess they're all using some virtual console like Steam or something.

That's retards for you, they think they'll just get more quality software instead of cancer.

LP/Streamer culture is probably a bigger culprit.

Most celebrities tend to be the tools of kikes in the end. They always use them to fuck over culture.

5 years? It was normalfag central ever since Baldur's Gate 2 came out.

Nah, at least in Yuropoor, the boom it around 5 years ago.

Here in Japan, the PC has been normalfag central for decades.

Oh look cuckchan is here with their faux stories and owning shit consoles with no games.

Because the PC port is still trash and I just mentioned I have a toaster.
I mean it won’t it’s coming to Xbone too. If it ever comes to PC it’ll be like a 2 year wait so I’m not bothering. They asked him about a switch port too and they said “they just want to focus on getting the current version out first”.

So yeah

Also
It isn’t I’m just support the industry and don’t even pirate garbage
The fuck are you playing on your PC, undertale?

Whatever, as long as it's still aluminum and not shit plastic.

See this is the thing about PCs and “normalfags”. 90% of PC gamers are barely gamers. They boot up their toaster, play dots for the rest of their life, and that’s all they ever play. Sales are getting better but PC versions are STILL usually console ports no ones playing anything but fucking pub whatever or league. Not to mention no one wants to spend money as a result unless it’s fucking skins or loot boxes.

Believe it or not PC helped phones create these cancerous AAA practices that we see today like “Games as a Service”. Everyone wants the mobs bucks.
MOBAs fucking suck.

Remake the "Post your most played games on Steam" thread if you think I made that story up. See for yourself. It really changes your perspective on this place, to know the guy who's pretending to hate normalfag games most likely plays them for thousands of hours.

I'd say anyone who has a Steam to begin with is pretty much a normalfag by definition.

Even if its true its nothing but anecdotal evidence.
Most people on all platforms are fucking garbage tier normalfags and most normalfags consume only Call of Duty and Sports shit.
It doesn't stop PC from being the best platform to play games on if you're a hobbyist since you can play anything from autistic simulators to weebshit.

Meanwhile we just had this faggot admit he owns a Bone

I don't know a single gamer in real life, who doesn't use Steam to some degree. I know it's popular to shit on, but the service is pretty convenient.

No, most play "video games" but the vast majority are faggots who feel the need to piss and shit on every decent community. TF2, Planetside 2 (and Planetside 1 during its final years), Counter-Strike and countless others. Unreal 99 even has an over-representation of normalfags and internet cancer.

ALSO WANT TO POINT OUT THAT BEING A FURFAGGOT OR A BRONY DOES NOT DISQUALIFY YOU FROM BEING A NORMALFAG, IT ONLY MULTIPLIES THAT CANER THAT YOU ALREADY POSSESS

You sure?

Hey i got an HD7850 for $50 in 2014 and that thing could run anything i threw at it, last demanding game i tried was Dark Souls 3 and i got like 45 fps on high, i sold it to upgrade but that performance for the price was incredible

definitely not. Console gaming has a lot of audiences, namely the least normal of all: weebs.

The only weeb scene in PC, largely exclusive to PC, is doujin releases which 8/v/ decidedly rejects by and large.

-t. the one guy who makes comiket threads bi-yearly

It's digital only, at which point you might as well just pirate, and that's even if it had anything but Western censorships of games.

Which is a shame, because shit like Rosenkreuzstillete and Scarlet Symphony are great, and if more stuff like that came out the PC could really thrive. Sadly, as is, it's basically the eroge/MMO/Western platform.

Funny how that works
I wonder what all of these have in common

You don't even own a rig do you?

Ok lad enjoy your Monster Hunter World community.

You couldn't even list me 10 decent modern computer exclusoves even if you tried.
Not because they don't exist, but because you don't know about them.

Like I said before as well, enjoy Monster Hunter World, I'm sure you'll love it and its community.

In recent years, even games I buy outside of Steam are digital only. So that is kind of a moot point. But Steam having so many censored games is a legitimate gripe, though. That aspect of it is complete bullshit.

I take that back. Some of them still have the OPTION to buy a physical copy. But it costs extra and serves no real purpose for me. So I choose to buy digital copies, even when presented with the option of buying a physical copy.

They're all outdated and overrated shit?

Boring, graphics were its only high point

Better than the average game, still only worthy of a couple playthroughs

Possibly the most overrated series since Call of Duty

Servers are no longer officially supported

Good WWII shooter, average game overall. Servers have not been officially supported for a long while.

I fail to see your point, faggot. PC is a dead platform, overrun by bronies and tumblr. "Social" gaming killed it, and it continues to rot away every single year, more and more.

PC gaming is not dead. And you act as if AAA games are the only games worthy of consideration. They most certainly are not.

Looking over your posts, you sound a lot like a self-hating furfag.

Rosenkreuzstillete
Scarlet Symphony
Scarlet Symphony 2
Megamari
Chelsea-san wa 7 no Majin wo Bukkorosanebanaranai
Nightmare Sphere
Gensou Shoujo Taisen: Kurenai
Gensou Shoujo Taisen: You
Gensou Shoujo Taisen: Ei
Gensou Shoujo Taisen: Yume
Doukutsu Monogatari

There's 11 for you.

I can't wait for that steaming pile of shit to bomb. Maybe if we're lucky developers will finally learn that designing games with the West in mind is a mistake.

Even doujin shit gets physical releases, however limited. Hell, the only 100% digital only thing that comes to mind is Doukutsu, which was freeware. I don't think any games I've ever bought are digital only, and not for lack of spending money on the hobby of late.

I don't understand this mindset at all.

I think it was anons failing to understand the problem wasn't the consoles themselves but the overwhelming amount of plebs in them, so they thought that if they moved all those faggots to PC consoles would die and gaming would be saved but what really happened is we haven't had a good game in years because they killed the PC.

That could smash you neck. :^)

I7 with a GTX 760 with a water cooler and 16gbs of ram.
The card is the shit part and any decent upgrades to it are beyond 100. Especially in the current card market. I’m not satisfied with Bayo running like shit post intro on anything but low-medium settings.

I’m a purist and believe in playing things “as intended”. So I can’t suffer 60 FPS games are 45. That’s poverty. Which is ironic considering the master race jokes.

Kek, and you call others normalfags.

Not an argument
Killing Norks by throwing them at each other is great fun.

So more than most games out there.

This proves you only heard about it after all the Witcher 3 shilling

Official doesn't mean shit on PC, the sooner you realize that the sooner you'll take that cock out of your mouth.
We just had a Gamenight with community servers, but you were probably too busy ranting about casuals to even give it a go.
EA still hosts servers through Origin and there are still community hosted servers

You are again misinformed and still sucking corporate dick.
Servers are still officially supported and theres already a backup incase it ever goes down.

My point is that all these franchises went to shiy and became overrun with normalfaggots the moment they hit consoles.

Having a couple of autists shitting up your precious community because it got a PC port is nothing compared to the waves of normalfaggotry that hit these franchises once the CONSOLE COMMUNITY? got to them.

Social gaming killed consoles back in 7th Gen.

Truly delusional

Pleb tier shit
But thats expected from a Monster Hunter grindan autist.
Oh my sweet summer child
You're going to get overun by console normalfags and you're going to like it, this is mainline now, deal with it.

I'm sorry you live under a rock and need E3 to hype you up games.

You're either a really bad liar or you have some severe fucking issues on that rig

And they all play ASSFAGGOTS, Overwatch, or PUBG.

Also adding because the least pleb-ish of the plebs on consoles jumped ship consoles are basically hell on earth, you can see it in how cancerous the few faggots who claim to have a console and aren't baiting ITT feel like they're mentally unstable or some shit, the kind of people who praise the witcher and bayonetta. It's even worse than it would otherwise be because now that big companies like EA, bandai namco , ubisoft and so on are cashing in on this new majority they found on consoles it's slowly seeping into PC too (although that's not really a loss because with PC being already dead and the last to die gaming is already dead anyway).
The situation is so bad you can hop into gamefags/IGNorant/some other casual forum and they'll be telling you the newest pile of trash is indeed trash, and those places happily took in things like halo, gears of war and mass effect.

So, you've never played it?

Monster Hunter's essentially been console exclusive to begin with, the problem is that it's Western normalfags that would be overrunning. That said, it probably will bomb since even among the people who actually own a PS4 here the best I've heard from MonHun fans is cautious pessimism, while the Western audience Capcom is going after with it only buy what they're told to buy by the GameStop/journalism alliance, and while I can't see the former firsthand, from what I've seen of the latter they're only putting in about the level of effort they put in for the Devil May Cry Westernization, and we all saw how that turned out.

Thats exactly my point, your favorite franchise will be flooded with normalfags way before it even reaches the PC audience.
They buy Call of Duty and Destiny in droves they will surely buy this, if anything to give it a chance.
You're fucked, deal with it
Yeah, killing monsters to craft better shit to kill monsters with isn't grind.
Recycling the same same missions isn't grindan, no sir.

Enjoy getting triggered by being able to walk while using consumables and frame cancelling attacks.

What's wrong with beyerdynamics? The pair I use for music production monitoring has been great in terms of flat frequency response

Again, has nothing to do with consoles vs. PC, it's just the fact it'd be flooded with Westerners.

Again, because that's what they're told to do by their handlers.

Oh absolutely, whether World succeeds or bombs, Monster Hunter's probably dead. This is far from the first time I've seen a franchise I love die.

After you get out of the tutorial ranks, basically every fight is a boss fight. The only grinding is gathering shit like rocks or bugs, and generally once you're out of the beginning you tend to get those thrown into quest rewards anyway, so that tends to get mitigated rather well, though I'll agree it's needless bloat and should be replaced with spending more time on the fights.

My point is that all these franchises went to shiy and became overrun with normalfaggots the moment they hit consoles.
All of those franchises were already extremely mainstream genres when they were pc exclusive. You really couldn't pick a worse example.

Messed up my spacing

Exactly, Burguer console normafags will love it, you just keep proving me right.
But you really are pretending to be Japanese if you think the Nips are any better.
How does it matter? The fact remains that thousands of Japanese buy tripleAshit and that said shit is top seller even in Japans isolated domestic market.
I bathe in your tears

Nah
Plus the fact remains that once they went to console they dumbed them all down gameplay wise and the new audience ate it up.

Stop posting that disgusting piece of shit.

No

I doubt they will, they haven't been told to.

We're not, are you kidding? For christ's sake, this is the same country that produced shit like Kingdom Hearts and Code Geass, both of which are getting continuations while we're still waiting on sequels to things like Kaiju Busters and Shin Mazinger.

Which shit are you talking about? Because if you mean Monster Hunter, it only sells well on handhelds, it's always bombed on home-based platforms.

They will, believe it
This has enough depth and brand name for them to get them into it, a premise that appeals to normalfags plus marketing and enough good PR for the small western following to feel safe enough to buy it.
Shit, it has enough brand name and PR to appeal to most Japanese fans of the series.
I'm glad you're self aware
Destiny and Call of Duty
The PS2 games bombed?
I'm pretty sure Tri on the Wii also sold pretty decently.
Their bread and butter has been handhelds for a long time sure, but success on home consoles isn't anything new for MH.
They also have the Switch to go back to if this one fails which it won't just by the buzz alone

What is "modern"?

Yes, Steam is the new normalfag destination because the current generation of consoles was a bit a of a flop all considered. Frankly the last generation was really carried by giving plebs easy access to multiplayer, now Steam and matchmaking in PC games does that instead. Plebs don't care about dedicated servers or DRM.

3-5 years

Again, I've yet to meet anyone who has anything positive to say about World. Anecdotal, to be sure, but when the only place I'm seeing anything positive is shit like YouTube comments where it's known that shills abound, it's hard to give it much credit.

We do have a Westaboo population, unfortunately. That said, the only time Western shit is chart topping is on initial release, and that if there's literally nothing else new around that time. Still higher than it ought to be though for sure.

By reasonable standards, they did quite well, but Capcom was never pleased with the numbers it's done on the TV consoles, especially when compared to the handhelds.

Switch is also a TV console though, only Westerners see it as a handheld.

Woke/10, but really the consoles figured out 1 thing fast, having a vetting process of any kind mostly scares off bad devs. But mobile markets like the play store had no barrier to entry leading to people throwing ads and shit all over their game. And like a stream of hot piss, it trickles down, so when greenlight makes steam like those marketplace, the shit comes, and AAA shitters actually look at steam.

Ran perfectly in the intro but once I got to parodiso it shit the bed. I’m assuming it has to be the 760. Either way you see my point. I’ve been wanting to play a fighting game lately but sadly they’re all dead on PC too. Why are sales generally worse on PC? I dunno buts it’s probably due to that huge audience mostly being normalfags

They were never very deep games to begin with. In cods case you can argue it got even more complex as it became more successful and bigger on consoles.

Battlefield as well maintained its popularity on pc even with the simplified, console focused bc2. Additionally more complex doesn't necessarily mean its a better game.

Crysis has fine gameplay, it being a tech demo only is a meme pushed by faggots that never played it. It's just 'let's remake Far Cry 1 now that tech has caught up to our vision'.
100% Bullshit, the servers are still up right now. I literally just booted up UO and saw ~300 servers online.

That's at least two games you haven't even played but feel the need to lie about, I'd give fair odds that you haven't played the other three either.

Also the top UO server (at least the ones I can see, iirc it won't show ones running other patches) is running one of the old Zombie mods on a fucking mac server of all things.

Its not really a remake of farcry 1. Watch some of the presentations from when it came out. They used the phrase vini, vidi, vici ; i came, i saw, i conquered as the presentation tagline. It's meant to be a game about the ebb and flow between prey and predator. Farcry teased the idea but didn't realize it. Crysis also botched it hard toward the end and the game was at its best with the human enemies in the sandbox, but this was also underdeveloped. They used nanosuit nks like 3 times before never using them again.

Now granted there aren't many people actually playing (though I suppose it is a Sunday) but really if you actually had the game installed you'd know this so again you're a fucking liar.

I suppose remake was unfair but the term 'spiritual successor' is overused. It was the same devs and the same basic concept of mini-open-world levels on a tropical island and hunting faggots.
Yeh, Far Cry 1 was held back heavily by tech and the nanosuit was much better at making you powerful and weak at the same time.
Agreed, Far Cry 1 also tried the third act shakeup and memes aside I don't think it worked well either. I did enjoy the weird anti-grav section in Cyrsis though.

It was pretty but game play wise they did nothing with it. A lot of things in the game come off as being there just for the graphics, not for the gameplay.

Why the fuck do fags like yourself think a dedicated community of a couple hundred or thousand means its dead?
Reminds me of the faggots who play Titanfall 2 which has shitton of servers and countless pubbies but they state is dead.
No I see a retard with a decent rig who neither makes use of it or knows how to.

UO is more complex than any of the consoleshit CoDs.
And complexity doesn't matter if the base is shit.
Just like Starbucks
Not of the size of when it reached consoles no.
Bad Company 2 was good because it did its own thing and was essencially a more casual spinoff.
The supposedely "mainline" entries after that are nothing more but a shitty less polished version of that with not even an inch of the gameplay and scope that made the Refractor games so good.

Back to >>>/cuckchan/ with your Twitter memes

You've obviously never played FarCry on the hardest difficulty then, literally the only bad part of that game is the forced turret section thats completely out of place and takes 5 minutes to finish.

Its all about getting the jump on the enemy before they even see you and killing them quickly with burst fire before they even get a chance to hit you.
You can get the jump on them as well and they die quickly if you concentrate you fire on them.
Two shotgun shells or 3 Bursts of the G36 is enough to kill them.

Come on now, if anything Nork suits were some of the worst parts where you're forced to fight against bulletsponge enemies that jump to designated locations and don't have your level of A.I despite having a suit that nearly rivals yours.

I'd say it's more of an inability to capitalise on good ideas than graphics whoring, particular when you consider they made the same mistake in FC1: they knew they had to do something for a climax but made the classic mistake of shifting gameplay style instead (also letting the cookie-cutter aliens story change the gameplay). The ideal late game gameplay should be a non-artificial difficulty spike that forces you to use all the skills you've previously learned in combination. Perhaps also with temporarily locking off things you might have come to rely on, that's why (as you indeed said) the nanosuit norks should have been used more heavily along with some sort of hard anti-stealth counter. Since fags generally fell into using 1-2 suit powers and guns for their preferred style something that forced them out of their comfort zone would have been good also.

Not that user but my complaint about the Trigens is not that they're too difficult just that they're a bit boring to fight and feel like they've appeared out of a different game. They just don't mesh well with what Far Cry 1 did correctly (openish levels, pick your own route, tough enemies who feel as if they have the exact same health and guns as you). Again it was the mistake of a third act gameplay shift and letting the plot's 'mystery twist' that anyone with half a brain saw coming infect the gameplay.

The game succesfully paces that well though especially since the shooting is top tier.
On mission you're on a spooky decently open scientific complex killing or avoiding Trigens and Mercs that are killing each other, another mission you're goimg full Predator killing enemies one by one by approaching the decently sized levels in most ways you want.

Many times it mixes both up, in one moment you're fighting Trigen at night in the jungle while shitting your pants and the other you're headshotting Mercs on a outpost on the side of a mountain a few miles from said jungle.

Aside from a few moments it paces itself and mixes both styles of gameplay really well while giving you options no matter the situation.

I still remember shitting my pants when the villain throw you from an helicopter into a small island infested with Trigen and all you can do is run and sneak, its tense as fuck and it feels great when you get yourself a weapon in the next 5 minutes.

Also
We have IDs here faggot
How new are you?

Urethral sounding. Some people get off to it. most people just bleed and complain that it stings when they piss for a few days.

That and the fact that on higher difficulties it's almost up to luck whether you'll get through or not.

I liked the former, the latter just felt like a poor man's version of the merc hunting I'd done previously.
This also was good, I'm actually a fan of missions that remove your gear in games if they're done well.
I'll say again that, personally at least, I found fighting the Trigens to be repetitive once you'd found the basic tricks. On balance you're probably right that not having a third-act shift at all would have been boring and the game would have needed something to mix it up a bit. I'd look towards the Trigen levels I did like and even STALKER (specifically SoC) for how both used their non-humanoid enemies in specific, semi-scripted and less open situations. They would have worked much better if used sparingly and in specifically designed enclosed areas.

I'm well aware we have IDs user but you were directly responding to another faggot. I was concerned you'd miss the fact my ID was different and assume I was the user you originally replied to, it's a mistake I myself have often made in the past. Perhaps that was a bit of autistic overthinking.

Nah, normalfags? What normalfags?
**Seriously, are you retarded? "Did someone noticed common sense fact?"
normalfags were in vidya at least for around 12 years. Counter Strike, Half-Life, NFS… You may never noticed it until now, but some of the vidya were extremely popilar among normalniggers in those days.**

youre not wrong but youre a lowly thieving nigger to say something like that

Besides, I'm not talking about convenience, I'm talking about how you don't actually get a physical product.

I really liked Xenoverse 2. I wonder when it will drop to below 30 american dollery doos.

PC gaming has been effectively ruined.

Ironically enough I played those shitty games when I didn't have a good PC, mainly because I needed games to be playing with my friends, and haven't touched them at all since I got a good PC.
besides a very small amount of overcuck because I had to see what all the hype was about: its pretty shit

Just put a bunch of swastikas over it and normalfags will drop it.
We did it with pepe and we can do it again.

but that only caused pepe to become part of that kekistan shit

Not really, kekistan was started by a bunch of autists who wanted to turn pepe/memes into a sort of religion, and that eventually flooded into the normalfag-right.

Faggots can play their faggot games all they want as long as I still get my games.

5 years? They've been pouring in since Half-Life 2.

I'd wager it's more down to consoles becoming utter shit.

What you call normalfags have been around since CS was a mod where the fuck have you been?

I want halfchan to leave.

>>>/cuckchan/

Dean, get out.

I noticed that a long time ago user

Is this that machine Alex Jones told me about that the government uses to induce cancer?

As others have stated, it's mostly a consequence of the consoles shitting themselves.

And it hasn't just been the past 5 years, these are kids that grew up with the ps1/ps2/original DirectX Box/DirectX Box 360 and had nothing to play on once they stopped making games in lieu of "immersive experiences"

Minecraft and League of Legends are the cause of that.

They are good user. Have you played any of them?