Welp, another studio bites the dust. At the cost of losing Motiga, Perfect World has also shut down Runic Games...

Welp, another studio bites the dust. At the cost of losing Motiga, Perfect World has also shut down Runic Games, the makers of Torchlight and recent game Hob. Is something afoot with Perfect World that they've closed two studios so close to each other?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/VXUkb
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Only furfaggots say this memeword.

Torchlight was shit

What lead you to that conclusion?

That's where I heard of Runic. Yeah, Torchlight was forgettable, like WoW with Diablo 2 gameplay.

Furfags saying it

Furfags say "the" and "what" a lot too, better not use those words user or you're a dirty furfag. This is stupid.

They want to pursue the "online games as a service" cancer.
archive.fo/VXUkb

Anyone here play hob? Looks kind of forgettable

As a service instead of a product? The fuck does that even meme?

Pay monthly subscriptions to play a single continuously updating game.

I have not tried Hob, I don't mind TL1&2, and still play TL2.

Take the worst aspects of an MMO, maybe a sprinkling of how we all now live in the Cloud, with a healthy dash of
and there you go. Software (and gaymes) as a Service model.

Hob is one of those atmosphere over substance games like ICO. It looks great and is reasonably well done but nothing groundbreaking. Seemed to do pretty well in sales as well but being purely singleplayer I guess it didn't fit into

Since Runic is dead you should absolutely pirate it.

HOW ABOUT FUCKING NO.

This shit right here.

Fuck chinks.

Kinda sad Torchlight 2 wont get anymore love. Its Diablo 2 with WC3 graphics. Awesome game that deserved more recognition.

It means, open your ass wide, faggot, because all gaming companies are now gonna fit all their dicks in that tiny butt of yours at the same time.

IIRC Runic thankfully finished most of the big support and fixes, I'm happy they even managed to get a loonix port along with the editor. I wished they implemented a better controller support but considering the budget and their size of studio, I'm a happy customer of the game. I bought it directly from them at the time. It is sad that the studio is now gone, not just for the games but what it means.

A double A studio getting killed off by jewy chinks and by the MMOG\microtransactions and SaaS cancer.

Fucking hell, haven't even gotten around to playing Hob yet.

Disgusting but not surprising.

Well thanks for the input, fag.

Fucking hell. It's still better for Runic to die than to see them raping Torchlight even more than it was already with that android game

This. The game is finished and has nice mod support. I just want Diablo 2 classes modded into it and I would be fucking happy.

That game's netcode fucking killed it for me. Me and my mate couldn't play for more than 20 minuts without session breaking desync.

Tencent owns playerunknownbattlegrounds right?

me too, user, me too.

dubs confirm that 47e1b5 is a faggot, as well as a >(1) and done shitposter

those fucking chinese jews are also share holders i think it was that of (((discord))) too.
good thing i don't play anything from those 3 company examples, except for a few unreal engine games ;_;

TL2 was nice, but damn the mods just don't look as if there were any effort to feel natural.

it's funny how shitty the knockoffs are though

WHELP
as if you knew what the word means

Don't know man, the not MountainBlade one looks capable

Kill yourself, fucking homosexual dick licking faggot.

ICO is just a pretentious Hamelin no Violin Tamaki where you can't even abuse your girl.

Nice IP hopping there, goon.

unreal engine 4, yes.

What the fuck? The Torchlight series was decently fun, even if the art was ass. Nowhere near as good as PoE, but I always played it when I was out at sea with no internet for PoE.