GAYMEN LAPTOP THREAD

LAPTOP THREAD

Hey Holla Forums, Whats a good gayming laptop or at least a quality one that works well and doesn't look like thrown up crayons?

pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B01DT4A2R4/?tag=lapninj-20&th=1
pcpartpicker.com/
pcpartpicker.com/list/7KNZ6X
pcpartpicker.com/list/DKVgKZ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

kys

It seems you have trouble reading there pal.

Alright OP, how much money are you willing to burn for this laptop?

My budget is around 1k to 1.5k anything more and it will be too late. I'm getting it for my brother for christmas.

ASUS ROG series are pretty good for the money if you're not willing to shop online. Especially since with those you have a range of options. You can save a few hundred on those if you get a TN panel over an IPS for example.

What do you value the most OP?
Portability/Battery Life?
Horsepower?
Decent built-in screen?

This. ROGs are bulletproof and worth the dosh. Stay the fuck away from msi as much as you can. msi is an autism magnet with shit build quality and design.

The thing that would be best if it works better than most decent laptops out there,so pretty much the battery life and horsepower, and doesn't have the obnoxious logo plastered on the top.

pick one

Woah nigger you're asking for a fucking hell of a lot

If you want decent performance you'll have to drop battey life
If you want decent battery life you've sacrifice performance
If you don't want gaming aesthetic you're shit out of luck because most business-class ultrabooks lack dedicated GPUs for all but the highest-end models and even then they're way overpriced for the specs in comparison to gaming-class ultrabooks

As long as you know that a $1000 laptop won't be as strong as a $1000 desktop just go with the recommendation here and make sure it isn't win10 at least.

Fucken hell man, well I might check out the ones you rec'd right now to see what my options are.

Yeah I see that now, if you don't mind me asking. Out of the ROG series which is the better one of the lot? Because I have no clue the differences are besides size.For reference i'm retarded when it comes with tech stuff.

My advice would be for minimum specs would be a 3ghz quad core , 8 gigs of ram, and at least a 1050 ti. If your budget allows go for a cpu with hyperthreading, 16 gig memory, and a 1060 and up. Also know that all gaming laptops have lousy battery life so this is more like a portable desktop replacement then and energy sipping school/work laptop with 10+ hours of battery life.

This. Asus ROG is pretty competitie in terms of price and specs. Any beginner filipino e-sports faggot starts with this model

I hope you have fire insurance user.

I would say "Kill yourself" if not for you getting it for your brother.

If your brother can't understand that gaming laptop is a retarded idea, just get him the cheapest Alienware or whatever and be done with it. He'll be happy, you'll have saved time and effort, and you won't have to kill your brain trying to make the best out of a doomed situation.

Embedded technology is improving, but the reality of it is that the power to swap out old parts for new parts makes a gaming desktop better. Moreover, even if the parts have similar specs, you have to keep in mind that thermals are important - it's way easier to cool a desktop than a laptop, simply by virtue of it being larger and more spread out!

Kill yourself immediately.

You're the one trying to fit in, you're getting more people against laptop gaming than for it.
Go to cuckchan, or get a switch.

topkek
What's your budget OP? I'll help you out, but I sincerely suggest you build a computer instead; you also shouldn't have made a thread about this.

Wait for Raven Ridge

Honestly not worth it my dude, with the price you're gonna spend for any decent-tier gaming laptop you could get a desktop with even better specs including a decent monitor

I say this as a laptopfag

As someone who has both an okay laptop and a decent desktop, go for a desktop. Its really cost effective, more suitable for gaming, and cooling won't really be much of an issue. But if you absolutely HAVE to, follow 's advice

Im retarded with tech stuff dude.

Grape kun doesn't deserve that.

Yeah I decided on choosing on one of the laptops of the series. But thanks for the reassurance that it's a good choice compared to other stuff out there.

There is a fire extinguisher in my house so if anything there wouldn't be a problem.

I ain't that messed up man, I want to get him something that would last him the full 4 years and not give him a migraine on how slow it is.

You just wanted an excuse to use that image didn't you?

I mentioned my budget in one of my posts already, it's 1k-1.5k. I made a thread about it because there wasn't one like it and any similar thread would ignore my post.

Can't really wait dude, I need to get it before christmas.

I have considered getting him a computer but i'm so tech retarded I don't know what to get him if the parts aren't on a list.

Umm, I can get 6 hours web browsing and listening to music with my gaming laptop, and it's battery has died somewhat. Do you even fucking install gentoo?

Seriously, unless you are going to be in a semi-off the grid situation, then just get a laptop with fucking amazing battery life and build a desktop for your bro. Setup a way he can remote desktop like with a steam link to his desktop from his laptop. You save money, he gets desktop power, and his battery life/sleek design.

I'll give that some heavy consideration seeing how it will work with budget I made. Only downside is the computer part with not knowing what get and all.

me too man, me too, I feel what you feel

I got a laptop last night that has Windows 15inchs screen 7, 3.0ghz processor, 8gig ram and 1tb of space. It was 300$ and works great. I got it as a back up to my PC or for when I travel to see family. I think it's and HP brand. Looks good too.

Windows 7 15' screen***

That rules out pretty much every gaming laptop, especially those in your price range.

I'll kill you with my bear hands.

Well as doomed as this thread seems user I maybe able to help you for I was just so happened to be researching for a good gaming laptop as well, But the downside is I haven't been able to find one because with all of the reviews of them breaking within the month and all companies raising there laptop prices by 50 to 100 for black Friday

How so? I had a shit laptop last me quite a long time. What makes the high powered ones not last?

If you have at least 3 that stick out as good options. I would be grateful to hear them out.

Former Asus G73 ROG owner here.
Don't buy a gaming laptop, you're getting the worse of both worlds.

Compromised cooling, shit tier power delivery and locked bios for no OC. No user replaceable parts without voiding warranties and limited usually shit customer support. Locked to one screen, usually higher resolution than what the GPU included can reliable push out and garbage processors. Then there's the laptop downsides, extremely limited expandability, limited if not nonexistent battery life, garbage bundled software you're stuck with if you want to control the nonstandard gimmick shit like rgb and terrible inputs like chicklet keyboards.

They're heavy and cumbersome, barely portable and with no battery life. Too heavy and short lived to be a good laptop, too loud, hot and limited in ports and expansion to be a good desktop.

Don't be an idiot, get a desktop and a cheap laptop.

Its a simple as look for the specs and hardware/software you want in a laptop, then go find a reasonable price for it.

I have a toaster desktop and a toaster notebook.
I need a notebook upgrade since I process a fuckload of data and I want to get a better desktop to finally play some vidya.
I decided to get a gaming laptop to kill two birds with one stone, but after reading this I'm not too sure right now.
Will I waste my money if I get a gaming laptop? I need a new notebook after all.

Thanks for the concern man I'll try give it some thought, I still have a long ways to go before I actually go purchasing. The only problem is what I need to get within my price range for a desktop.I also don't know what the fuck I need to get to build the damn thing.

You make it sound simple man but with me being retarded I can't really see which one is better than another.

2)Acer Aspire E 15 E5-575G-53VG Laptop, 15.6 Full HD (Intel Core i5, NVIDIA 940MX, 8GB DDR4, 256GB SSD, Windows 10)

amazon.com/gp/product/B01DT4A2R4/?tag=lapninj-20&th=1

Price:$549.99(or at least it was this price before they raised it)

That's what I've been doing but you also need to go through reviews to see the complaints such as fragile screens,Keyboards stop working the laptop is DOA etc and the company refuses to pay to fix it even if it is in warranty and hell sometimes they get caught selling used laptops as brand new

Don't get a gaming laptop unless you have too, The only reason I'm trying to get one is because I don't have enough space for a desktop>If you have at least 3 that stick out as good options. I would be grateful to hear them out.

I wish I could get a desktop like you user but I can't

Wait you could get a desktop if you wanted user? Why didn't you say so , I should be able to help

Your main focus is 8gigs of ram (all that is needed for modern gaming unless you do video processing and shit skip to 16gigs) 1tb of space is pretty much the standard now for storage space. As for cpu and gpu make sure the processer is somewhere between 2.5-3.0ghz of cpu speed and for gpu (video card) you want 2-4gigs of processing.

As for a desktop PC, you can get a perfectly fine gaming pc for like 500$ nowadays with the same specs as listed about for a laptop. I am sure you anons know that getting and looking for anything with "gaming" attached to it will be for bloat effect and overpriced garbage. What means are you purchasing this? Online or are you physically going to a store? do you mind if its used/refurbished? What do you want it to look like? What do you want it to play? Is atheistic as important as function?

That laptop is overpriced garbage

I want >>>/neofag/ >>>/cuckchan/ niggers to leave please.

You have to go as well.

no you
>>>/neofag/
>>>/cuckchan/

I realized that but that laptop was based on my budget and it's stats, And I don't now OP's price range

No, he does NOT want anything pre-pascal if he's getting a gaming laptop at all. Before that all the Nvidia mobile GPUs were cut down POS that had only the name in common with the desktop models and were lucky to be half as fast as the equivalent.

You want a 1000 or up, base model is 1060 I think. Laptops with it can be had as low as 800 but they're pretty rubish imo

Are you for real?

Woops, I meant 4-6

Thanks for that option man that fits right below my estimated budget so that means I can probably get a desktop that can play geams. Sorry I didn't mention I was able to get a desktop but it was an option that I had, I was iffy at first but with this I can probably make it happen.

For a laptop I was pretty much looking something that would run well and last awhile. Nothing to the effect of it being a powerhouse.

Desktop on the other hand I would love for it too look plain as possible but run well into its years,Impossible I know, But I don't mind where I get it be it online or instore, or even building it if i know what I need to get for it.

If there is a better alternative laptop that you know of I wouldn't mind hearing it.

Trying a little too hard to fit in dude. Keep on lurking.

I mentioned my budget before but It's around 1k-1.5k but seeing as I might get both I might make it higher now. I can atleast get the lappy by christmas

I pretty much am looking for a good quality lappy that would last and work well. I don't necessarily need a gaymen laptop. If you have options throw em at me.

user, I am warning you from now that even though I gave that as a recommendation don't expect it to run the latest AAA games or expect it to last long, Even I am hesitant on getting it with the problems I've heard from them, Like the wifi not working or the power button stops working after a year etc. Remember that this is a gamble and it would be way safer to get a desktop

I see, I'm honestly now thinking about the desktop more and more as a gift than the laptop. seeing the warning that people in this thread have been telling. I am already asking a lot out of you man ,Thanks by the way, but what's a good desktop setup to get? or if you don't mind telling me yours if you already have one that runs great for you.

I see, I'm honestly now thinking about the desktop more and more as a gift than the laptop. seeing the warning that people in this thread have been telling. I am already asking a lot out of you man but what's a good desktop setup to get?

Its no problem at all user, But go to this site pcpartpicker.com/ and it shall help you build a computer with your budget and parts in mind, but if you need more help you can always come back to this thread and ask.

>or if you don't mind telling me yours if you already have one that runs great for you.

I really wish I did user, My 2003 laptop died last year in an accident and I have been borrowing my family members computer when I want to post or use the internet, I have no space for a computer like the rest of you so a laptop is my fate but I can help anons like you avoid it and get something good to play vidya on

I will man, I will ask questions in till I actually make the purchase.
Your doing good job at it man, I appreciate the help.

Just buy a cheap tablet for portability, and a good desktop for gaymin

A thinkpad can run touhou just fine, what other games would you need?

I don't see how you could have space for a laptop but not for an ITX desktop unless you intended to use it on a bed or something, which is a terrible idea since they get hot as shit.

Hell they're barely usable in your lap, they'll fry your balls.

Also don't be afraid to go to >>>Holla Forums user, they're good people

You guessed correctly user, That's where I'm typing from now

I built up quite the immunity to the heat and I sleep with my legs hanging off the bed so that I don't accidentally knock it over when I go to sleep, Its not something that I want to do but I've gotten used to it.

Alright man, I will check them out every now and again to read up on what's good or bad.

I bet you defend prebuilt desktops as well

pcpartpicker.com/list/7KNZ6X

Will this thing work?

not bad, the only thing to worry about is thermals since you're packing it into an ITX case.

So should I just buy a shit ton of fans or what? I'm also worried that the GPU is gonna get throttled by the 4 core CPU

i5 and an X50 GPU
There you can play pretty much on Med to high plugged in and Low-Med on battery.
Better hope the one you pick out has an easy to replace battery when you inevitably overload it. Mr. I already Don't Know what I need

And before you say it
That's a funny joke

if buy a ton of fans, it sounds like a jet engine unless the motherboard actually revs up the fans under load which it should but it will sound like a jet engine during gameplay, your case should have some fans already and set up too with just putting the power into the motherboard.
the 4 cores won't throttle the cpu, single-core speed is more important in videogames ironically.

Also you can get a tiny USB powered screen for your ITX if you want portability.
There's ones that are reasonably decent.

what are you, 14? get a fucking desktop, loser.

Yeah yeah tell me something I haven't heard already in this thread.

Kys famicom.

typically if everyone is saying the same thing about a thread, it means something about it's quality

Personally I game on a laptop because lugging a desktop around to the various hotels I stay at for work isn't very practical.

I mean I have a desktop at home, but I can't take it with me.

Try again

Wow sherlock you sure cracked this case. I know this already from all my past posts and responses the only reason I asked is something that's useful/reliable. But useful laptop thread doesn't really catch eyes does it?

An sudoku off a bridge into a river with a cinder block tied to your ankle while drinking cyanide and shooting yourself in the head.

It sustains me. Go suck a dick

Whatever makes you sleep at night man.

Posting in a trainwreck thread.

Well the thread did its purpose, wouldn't really call it a train wreck newfag.

Is this a dubs thread yet?

I've used this site before when considering GPU/CPU upgrades and they seem to do quality research. Good luck in your search. As others have said, try not to overbuy. Laptop tech often gets outdated pretty fast.
www.hardware-revolution.com/best-budget-gaming-laptop-october-2017/

You're still here? I assumed you left by now.

Will do man, thanks for the help.

I assumed you'd taken my advice.

I KMS already but it didn't really solve my problem about getting a decent laptop.

i only own a gamecube, saturn and vita.

I owned a vita once, fun stuff.

Don't be an idiot and respond to him user user

You're gonna get Thinkpadded.

Gaymen.

He simply like so many others on Holla Forums so a thread he doesn't like so he is trying to derail it and when you respond to him you are only helping him when instead you should report him.

But enough of that, tell me user did you find anything good for your desktop yet?

True I must've gotten carried away with it. I did find one pcpartpicker.com/list/DKVgKZ
But i'm really debating with this one or the one that another user had made in this thread. I know for sure im going to get the

I am surprised at how much older classics run well on the cheap on sale laptop (A6-7310 with r4 graphics) I bought to replace another sub 300$ laptop I bought 4 years ago. Laptops suck in general and are a pain to repair.

Oh shit I accidentally hit enter while typing.
but my plan is to get the lappy first for christmas then get the pc later when I can afford it.
I ain't a new fag pal just bored as fuck. And honestly what's the point about lying about this stuff. I honestly don't know much but there are people on here who know more than me and I trust the opinion of the people on here than other sources.

That's good to hear user and I'm proud of you for building your own computer but don't you think buying a computer for 1400$ is a bit much? and getting a cheap laptop would be better than trying to get a gaming laptop

Yeah I was really debating that seeing as I might get both. I am leaning heavily on the one the user made. And the laptop you recd seems to be way better on my budget than I was expecting.

That would be for the best user

user I will warn you one more time, that laptop might have a lot of problems and it won't be able to run AAA games on highest settings and such. Are you sure that you want to take that risk? Unlike me you have the option to get a desktop and with that exact same amount of money it would be a lot more cheaper and efficient to get a another desktop that would still be miles ahead of that laptop

Cancer

havent used my ASUS ROG
7 months running now, since my new job offered me a laptop for work

maybe if i had friends who'd invite me to sleepover or some coffee shop hang out
i'd bring my laptop up to use for some entertainment at least

Yeah, you warned me about it once before. It's just I still have the idea of getting both stuck in my head, with one being a home thing and another being a on the move one. I might just get the desktop for him in all honesty now, seeing how it will be more beneficial in the long run.

You may be surprised, but you still don't know shit bout how much you can run.

I was going to shit on your for >gaming >laptop but then I realized that the thread was already long enough and lots of people probably already done it. I wasn't wrong. You deserve it all.

Ok, I'm leaving the thread for my own good. Holy shit.

Asus won't let you down. Bought one and it lasted 6 years before it broke from the sheer number of times I tripped over my dogs and dropped it onto the floor.

But they do. They don't use half-baked mobile variants of parts anymore. They use desktop grade parts now. The only thing you need to worry about is doing research because some laptops are built to handle the thermals of these parts better than others. Go be a pedantic fuck and post your anime blobs from shit series somewhere else.

Yeah everyone does it like they are the first to say it.
That people commented unoriginal comments? You are no different than everyone else on here man.

Who are you quoting?

I see, I will give that a look see but I might stand with my point that I'm going to choose a desktop now. Thanks for info though, I'm sure someone lurking here would appreciate it.

kill me

I think you should really only have a laptop if you need portable computing. I do a lot of work with mine at my job and a bit of leisurely browsing. I have emulators on here but I think I've only ever used them a few times. Ultimately I prefer to just play the real thing at home.

Get good battery life, a display resolution you like, and decent ram and cpu above all.

You made the right decision

What Asus would you recommend user?

If you want gaymen, any ROG will suffice. Built like tanks and look a lot better than most gaymer shit. Warranty and customer support is excellent also. ROG or not, Asus laptops in general are well built.

Mini-ITX is superior in so many ways, better cooling, better hardware, easier upgrades, etc. The battery is so shit in a gaming laptop you wind up plugging it in wherever you go so may as well do a Mini-ITX build instead.

Weebs, even animal weebs deserve to get cucked tbh.

Thanks man couldn't have done it without ya.

Yeah I think i'm gonna get something similar to this. Thanks for the reassurance that it's good.

You are wrong sir.

I considered making a side desktop ITX build, but the real obstacle is carrying a monitor around, which when factored in, makes for a big package to carry around and i bet it looks kind of cringy once you set up an entire desktop in a public space

Should have saged, fug.
Anywho back on track if you seriously need mobility I suggest going for a ASUS ROG series laptop. They're built pretty well and aren't too shit. If you don't absolutely require mobility then I think it's better to just build a PC instead. R5 1600 + GTX 1060 or RX 570 is pretty much the most reasonable PC you can build at the moment. The R5 1600(x) is insanely good for both gaming, multitasking and workloads, while the GTX 1060 or RX 570 are very good for 1080p gaming and will last you at least 3 years. Also, the R5 1600 is an AMD CPU with a new socket, and AMD sockets last for around 4 years minimum, so the future proofing is there. AMD doesn't follow the Intel motto of "A socket change a year keeps the goyim in fear!" so you won't have to buy a new motherboard when their next series of CPUs comes out. I've never had a ITX build because I'm a Micro ATX fag for life and because micro ATX motherboards are the cheapest, but you probably will have to invest quite a bit in a case with a ITX build and airflow is going to be tricky.

That's fucking retarded. Where would you put the monitor? It's gonna take you at least 4 minutes to take everything out, plug in the cables, boot it up, have your fucking jet engine fans piss everyone off and then get kicked out and have to put it back together for 4 minutes and leave.

WIth the desktop i'm sure it is only gonna be used in home and maybe when traveling. I don't see the computer being used in a public setting though. But thanks for the heads up.

But seriously, Mini-ITX cases are getting far more compact than that cube

.>the real obstacle is carrying a monitor aroun
Look up GeChic 1503H or GeChic 1303H.

I think the smartest thing you could do is build a desktop for gaming and home use and buy a tablet with a keyboard case or netbook for word processing or whatever else while away from it. As everyone else has said a million and one times, gaming laptop battery life is shit.

In all honesty I think that's fucking retarded. 500 for the PC and then 200-300 for the monitor with 50 for some autism bag to carry it all in? Dumb.

Again, GeChic makes portable monitors. USB-powered with dedicated HDMI for video signal so no lag like a USB-only portable monitor that does video+power through the USB cable.

If you want portable gaming the laptop is a poor choice for many reasons and a tablet has no power.

Yeah, that cost 200 fucking dollars minimum.
Read, nigger.

Read, nigger.
Your "solution" is game at home with desktop only and use weak tablet/netbook for portability with no power for proper PC gaming. Proper portable gaming, not mobileshit or solitaire.

No, you cunt. I mean game at home, and do everything else while away from home with a proper portable device. And if we're talking games, windows tablets today can run a lot of old games with decent framerates. Portable gaming is retarded anyway. Your autism box that costs $1000, needs a power plug since it doesn't have a battery, takes 5 minutes to get all the cables sorted out and 5 minutes to pack it all together and is twice as big as a normal laptop with a bag is fucking retarded as well.

Addressed this already:
Anything with enough power to run proper PC games is gonna suck a battery dry really quick. The battery in a gaming laptop is all but useless.

You have to have a bag for a laptop. Some people have bags for tablets, yet carrying a bag that isn't much bigger than a laptop backpack is "muh autism bag". Of course you need a goddamn bag for anything portable beyond a certain size along with its accessories. Is carrying literally any bag for any device considered "autism" to you? For fuck sake, what a non-argument.

The price argument is far better, so let's address that. Set aside tablets and netbooks because the stated goal is proper portable gaming, not low-power shit. In the long run you're spending less on Mini-ITX than a Gayman Laptop anyways because what happens if you wanna upgrade? Laptop hardware is so fuck-off expensive you may as well buy a whole new laptop. With a Mini-ITX board you can plug desktop hardware into it which, in terms of CPU and GPU, is more affordable than laptop hardware.

Some ease of use is going to be sacrificed with a Gayman Laptop as well. As it's battery is shit, you're plugging it in at a destination so you're fooling with an adapter + cables and if you don't want to game on a trackpad you're plugging in a mouse as well, perhaps even a gamepad. A few more cables with a Mini-ITX build aren't a big deal since you're sacrificing time plugging things in with either option.