Games With Quantum Mechanics

What are some games with parallel universes?

Other urls found in this thread:

track4.mixtape.moe/mtjhye.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The fuck does SM64 have to do with this, exactly? Is chan usually this autistic?

Having sex with your mother is a game in and of itself, so here vagina can be considered a "parallel universe."

Radiant Historia.

GTFO "Henry".

Every game that allows saving.

That isn't how it works user.

Who?

That game was a piece of shit, faggot. Get out.

Motherfucking Chrono Cross

Are we being raided or something? What's with this influx of goon tier baiting?

No, really, that game was a piece of shit, but go ahead and continue living in your bubble believing it was good.

At the very least, it wasn't as bad as Sticker Star and Color Splash.

Zero Escape and Dragon's Dogma are the only two I can think of, unless the dreams of Bloodborne or simulations of SOMA count.

planescape and the smt games use layered universes, which i guess isn't the same as parallel universes.
steins;gate has them if you consider LNs to be games.

Most games on the N64 that are 3D most likely.

i only got ending 5 in 999, should i try again, does it get gud?

There's a SM64 TASer by the name of pannenkoek who coined the term "parallel universes" when referring to the out-of-bounds areas in SM64. In his infamous "Completing Watch for Rolling Rocks in x0.5 A Presses" video, he used a crazy amount of speed to go to one of these out-of-bounds areas in order to reach a certain area without having to jump. The video blew up into a meme for being super complicated.

Quantum mechanics is magic. Also consciousness and God and time travel. Did you know that when you shoot a radioactive cat in a box it's both dead and alive until you open the box? Whoa.

FIFY

Another example would be the generation 1 Pokemon Games, while Glitch City and the like may not resemble Mario 64s so-called "Parallel Universes" it comes from the same problem. The game loading up data from older position/tile data that was not properly cleared.

you can't even get the good ending the first time through. Yes you should try again

Any source engine based game. If you fly 2048 units outside the bounds of any map you'll find ghost copies of the same map along all X/Y/Z axes

Does LoK: Soul Reaver count?

You've made some absolutely awful posts my friend. Allow me to give you some criticisms just in case you decide to continue posting here.
jk you're a fag with reading incomprehension and autism and I took the bait seriously never post again

Does second sight count?

Actually until you open the box there's an infinite number of cats inside of it. There's also an infinite number of insides of the box, but only one outside.
When you open it, the box turns inside out so that there's only one cat and one inside, but an infinite number of boxes. Since what used to be outside of the box was the rest of the universe, those infinite number of inverted boxes now contain an infinite number of universes. When all of those boxes each finish opening, there's no more inside and everything becomes outside, and now you have an infinite number of new universes with identical open boxes, and in half of those infinite universes you have a dead cat and in the other half you have an alive cat.

But none of that tells you whether the cat that's still in our universe is still alive or not. So it's all useless philosophical bullshit that isn't worth a god damn.

Care to back that up? How did you establish the claim that an infinite number of cats and infinite number of boxes exist? Did you somehow magically invent a method to unobserve an event or did you simply pull that shit out of your ass?

No, it's the single universe.

The funny thing is that the entire point of the cat box thought experiment is to show that the principles of quantum physics don't apply at the macroscopic level and how ridiculous it would be to even try to do so, but most people end up taking it at face value and go "THE CAT IS DEAD AND ALIVE ZOMBIE CAT I'M SUCH A NERD BAZOOPLE"

I've detected a contrarian faggot.

The first endings you get in 999 are kind of abrupt and shit on purpose. You're meant to explore all the decision paths.

Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon

Bioshock Infinite

GET OUT THIS IS A COPENHAGEN BOARD.

What's so contrarian about not believing something that is blatantly unverifiable? If you were to say that gravity pushes two objects away, even if wrong that would be possible to test to see whether it is true or not. But how the fuck would you empirically show not only that there are different universes but also that the number of them amounts to infinity? It's like if I said that the universe is permeated by an infinite number of demons, all of which are undetectable and have no physical effects on the universe. For that you would most likely call me a retard, which would be completely justified, because what I claimed means fuck all, yet somehow it is supposedly different when it affects your shitty sci-fi concepts.

Because scientists are discussing the possibility of them existing, you aren't allowed to think differently.

what happens if I "press start"?

I picked up a copy of The Rise and Fall of DODO a couple weeks back. God, it's a piece of shit.

But how can you press A only 0.5 times? You either press it or you don't, so it's either 0 or 1 lol

No, user. I made up that entire paragraph to sound vaguely like some bullshit a "scientist" might say when they're blaspheming against The Lord Our God.
I thought that would be obvious.

The principles of quantum physics do apply at the macroscopic level, it's just that every single particle in your body has to do the exact same quantum thing at the exact same time. It's mathematically possible for your entire body to quantum tunnel through a three foot steel wall without suffering any harm. You'd just have to wait a thousand million billion trillion years for the quantum RNG in every single one of your body's particles to roll snake-eyes simultaneously.

I really need a find a new community.

go watch the video and get educated

There are plenty of scientists discussing shit outside their field like that one biochemist that claimed quantum mechanics is proof of the afterlife. Whether the afterlife exists or not is an interesting question but it shouldn't be treated as if it has empirical meaning. Same goes to this, the Everett interpretation can lead to results but it shouldn't be treated as anything more than a tool. There are a shitload of models that are inherently flawed and we take them seriously but ONLY because they provide results. However claiming that we should take an inherently untestable hypothesis as the basis for reality and then trying to make evaluations on the very things that makes it untestable is in its very nature circlejerking over pointless concepts.

What baffles me the most with quantum physics is that you can observe it, but whenever you try to measure it, it goes back to normal

I was hoping for a thread about games where you travel to other worlds like in the paintings of SM64, or portrait of ruin, I should have known Holla Forums would be more autistic than that.

That's because that isn't what happens. The thing is that the act of observation requires interaction (for example light bouncing off of an object): at a macroscopic level the interference caused by observation is negligible, on an atomic level on the other hand it has pretty significant influence so you end up having to deal with probabilities upon probabilities.
And that is what is meant by "observation changing the result", the truth isn't that super amazing and so people try to paint this image of it being weird in the hopes that it baits people into looking into it. And that is the main reason why you should never trust Hollywood, pop-sci articles, celebrity scientists or "OMGGGG IM SUCH A NERRDDDDD" retards, this type of cancer is a plague on the sciences that never goes away.

What does CWC have to do with this?

What gets me about quantum shit is how it basically tells the rest of what we know about the universe's rules to go fuck itself. Scientists keep trying to reconcile quantum mechanics and everything fucking else in the universe (trying to get a Grand Unified Theory) and they can't for some reason and I'm kind of wondering why. Also, shit like "spooky action at a distance". What the fuck is this witchcraft.

Putting aside (1) and done.
It's a major plot point in Fate/Extella that parallel worlds exist and each playthrough your doing is a different one. The universe in game even has a trimming system in order to prevent too many diverging realities exist at one time periodically done.
Only problem is the gameplay is trash. Waifus are nice though.

half a press is pressing the button, but holding onto it. or starting a stage with the button held down and then letting go. The way M64 works is that it registers when you press, and then changes mario's state as long as its held, and the stage changes again when you let go. So its more like 2/3 A press, but whatever

Tales of Xillia 2 has the "Prime Dimension" and various "Fractured Dimensions". Beyond the latter being a source of torment to the main characters (sometimes showing better futures, or what might have been, compared with canon, or having them have to kill people they once knew and cared for), the latter leech energy from the Prime Dimension, and therefore the alternate realities have to be destroyed by Chromatus bearers (who can enter Fractured Dimensions and destroy the Divergence Catalyst, the dimensional core) to stem the flow of energy so the Prime Dimension can survive longer.

I appreciate your post

Are there any other fate games that continue this theme with good gameplay?

shit my ip reset

This is the only one who mentions it specifically as a plot point, though a large number of Fate works are considered parallel universes to each other in the overall lore. (Fate/Extra and Fate/Apocrypha are both divergent universes from Fate/Stay Night)
I wish any Fate games had good gameplay other then certain minigames in Hollow Ataraxia. They're actual games play have boring terrible gameplay and really should be a VN given the chance..

kek

This is the retarded shit the average normalfag (and the writer of Bioshock infinite) believe.

There are many different interpretations retard. That's just one of them and many scientists do think differently. Science isn't a democracy.

From what I understand, the reason QPUs are allowed is because the mario can build infinite speed, and the game only checks each quarter step to see if mario is in bounds. Since mario’s speed is larger than the game’s limits of tracking him, he is detected multiple times. Specifically, the amount of times he’s detected is his speed divided by a short integer (327267), also known as a PU.
And it’s not his speed being calculated, but his defacto speed. This is due to slope geometry slowing mario’s movement.
So if every 1/4 division of mario’s defacto speed is in a PU, then mario is allowed to stand in a QPU.
The reason QPUs are useful is it allows mario to teleport to different locations on the map. However due to the potential for QPU misalignment, these teleports can only go as far until mario hits a slope. But it’s just enough for mario to get to a position that would otherwise require an A press.

So for a game to have parallel universes similar to sm64 the player would have to build infinite speed, the collision detection would have to be a product of his speed, and the game would only check to see if the player was inbounds every quarter step.

No, simply enough to result in integer overflow for the collision detection. If it were a long integer instead of a short integer then he would need to build a speed of at least ten orders of magnitude greater, assuming the speed doesn't overflow at that point, which means that instead of 12 hours he would need to build speed for five whole days. So no, all that would be necessary is to be able to go faster than the collision detection can handle.

its hollow. i cant

Any RPG

This game is literally played by switching universes.
It's pretty fun.

Mathematics, that's all there is to it. They are running the numbers, figuring out formulas that can be models to how things in the universe work. It's what Einstein did and even currently his theories predictions are being proven by observations and experiments.

Do alternate time line worlds count? This became one huge mess by the end of the game.

Is it physically possible for your mom to come into your room right now and rape you? Yes. It is. Did your mother come into your room right now and rape you? No. She didn’t. This, however, has no effect on the PHYSICAL and therefore MATHEMATICAL possibility that it COULD happen. As such, there is nothing preventing the existence of a universe in which this DID happen. That’s the basis for parallel universe discussions.

I don't even need to read the rest of it to know that you have absolutely no fucking clue what you are even talking about.
Which is what I said, the models continue to exist because they give results. Newtonian physics is a nice way of looking at the universe and you can apply the calculations to a wide variety of things, but what I am saying is that it's still a model, not something that defines reality.
Never heard of him, is he some sort of musician? You know, kinda like Rammstein? Shitposting aside, you really couldn't have picked a worse example if you tried, but I get the point. The thing is though, that you are talking about something completely fucking different from what I was referring to in that exerpt.

There is an infinite number of universes where you have assburgers and zero universes outside this one where you don't. Sure, you would disagree, but there is no empirical method by which you could tell, you can only jerk yourself off to the hypothetical idea of there being at least one other universe where my initial claim isn't true. It's like talking about what kind of clothing God would wear, it might be a fun thought game to play with your friends but it is devoid of any actual relevance.

Learn what the fuck that actually means before posting stupid shit

But I already know about spacetime wavelength duality square inverse stoichiometry superpositon science graviton theorum

No shit, what's your point?

Haha hey remember that time they proved with GPS that relatively basically had no effect, and Google went to huge lengths to scrub the study because it conflicted with Einstein (a Jewish scientists) prevailing theory?
track4.mixtape.moe/mtjhye.pdf

It's pretty much a more conventional way of saying "completing the level with the A button held before entering it and without letting go of it". Holding the A button has different functions than tapping it in SM64.

hey, whats that absolutely bonkers rts where you are constantly hopping back and fourth between time?

sm64 "parallel" universes have nothing to do with quantum mechanics.

they have more to do with quantum mechanics than our "understanding" of quantum mechanics