Best Morrowind mods

What are, in your opinion, the best mods for Morrowind ?

best I've found so far has been uninstall.exe

nigger

There are so many good mods for Morrowind it just depends on what your tastes are. If you are using the GOG/Steam version I would recommend the Morrowind Patch Project that takes care of a lot bugs in the game engine, and adds new features that were not possible before. There are also some patch mods that clean up minor errors in scripts, quests, and dialogue which help a lot too. In addition there are some quality of life mods that adjust weapon accuracy, faster move speed, mana regeneration, and passive wildlife that can help smooth over any of the dated features that Morrowind still has.

There are some graphics replacer as well but I think they are all hideous. They are a collection of different textures and art assets made by different people without any cohesion and clash terribly with each other. Most of the textures are so noisy and overly detailed that they pull your eyes away from more important objects rather than blending into the background and setting up the atmosphere. These super HD textures also look quite bad on low poly models were it was obvious it was never made for it. Many of the dark elf heads look ridiculous while all the human heads look like they were ripped from some model from a fashion magazine. The only graphics mod I like is the water color mod which took every texture in Morrowind and applied a lite, and subtle water color effect to everything. It keeps the same aesthetic look while freshing it up for modern audiences.

Personally I prefer to play Morrowind vanilla mostly and I have been using OpenMW which has been pretty great so far.

OpenMW

..1>>13725482
Yeah, the graphical mods aren't the best. The quality of life and weapon mods are where it's at.

Why are you playing Morrowind when you could play Skyrim™?

Cause I already have skyrim, please Tod, I don't want to buy it again.

I can tell you which one I didn't like, though most people seem to recommend it. Darknut's Greater Dwemer Ruins. It's an attempt to make the final dungeons in the main quest line longer and more complex, which is a great idea. It just isn't that well designed, though, and it changes Dagoth Ur's voice to something very generically evil. There's quite a few unpredictable, inescapable death traps, largely because spell effects like levitate and the intervention spells are disabled. So, what will happen is that you'll fall for a trap, die, reload your save, and never fall for it again.

welcome to the board, newfriend

I agree with you 100%. I feel that many dungeon content mods in Morrowind are given rave reviews but when you play them they suffer from lots of bad design decisions. I recently played a dungeon mod called Nchardamz, Skyrim Style Ruins and it was pretty miserable. It was just a collection of small crapped corridors and with arbitrary placement that did not feel cohesive at all. There were also some random Dwemer enemies sprinkled in that didn't add much to the game play. It had a few gimmicks in it like an elevator, some floor traps, and scripted doors that required you to have an item in your inventory to open but it was not enough to make playing this tedious mess any fun.

That is another thing that is found in some modded dungeon mods is that they keep putting in these cheesy "gotcha" moments like the forced instant death traps, or having key quest items hidden in a place the modder thought was clever but the player has to go into the construction set just to find it. These are not good design decisions and just make it frustrating to play.

That is not to say that there aren't good dungeon mods though. Dagon Fel Well is one of my favorites as it has simple design and focuses on lore and world building instead. They did not place any forced instant bullshit traps nor did they hide key items only treasure instead. It was a lot more fun, and that is with multiple play throughs too.

I think there is a misconception with the modding community that having a large and convoluted interiors makes it "epic" or good but that doesn't mean anything if it does not provide good game play. A simple interior with better content which provides the level design with context goes a lot farther than simply vomiting out a tangled rats nest of endless corridors like a randomly generated dungeon in Daggerfall.

You should already know about the Project Tamriel mods(Tamriel Rebuilt, Skyrim HotN, Province Cyroddil), even in their unfinished state they're really fun to explore. Another good mod I came across is Loot Well Urned, it adds randomized loot to the urns in ancestral tombs and adds a large urn at the end of all of them with really good loot that's tailored to the family within each one. It makes tombs worth the effort of exploring them, works with OpenMW as well.

The reason why those dungeon mods are applauded is because of random generation. The majority of Morrowind dungeon mods released on Planet Elder Scrolls were created using a tool called Genmod which procedurally generated flat dungeons devoid of detail.

Less Generic NPCs is a good one. Gives each of the NPCs in the towns their own character and personality so the world feels more realistic.

I like to consider myself well aware of Morrowind mods, but I never heard of any of those. Must be something ancient?

Depends on which one of those mods. Some are just cringe with one girl talking about feminism.

I always recommend Tamriel Rebuilt, Skyrim Home of the Nords, Province Cyrodiil and Sotha Sil Expanded.
Though, with the exception of Sotha Sil Expanded, these come with a caveat. They're not exactly finished so just marveling the landscape is 50% of the things you can do.

Seriously? I must've missed that.

It's a nitpick, but a nitpick that has to be mentioned. Not all lgnpc mods are the same quality and some have small blunder moments. Generally people recommend the Redoran stuff.

Think she is somewhere in the sadrith mora area but it's like the witcher. Some weird ass moment that complete rips you out of the game but in general its all fine. Its good to keep an eye out for bullshit like that Assuming I am talking about the same thing the other user is talking about and not remembering something completely wrong

Well, shit, I need to be more observant. Is it just the one girl or have you guys noticed anyone else like that?

LGNPC is okay, but I don't think it's a really great one. Not enough in the way of quests, and a couple instances of spelling errors here and tehre.

well your first mistake is not playing openmw on the optimal platform

Oblivion.

The Telvanni town of Tel Mora is run by an anti male bag of bones named Dratha. Her town only has females in it and that npc is almost 100% in that village. The quality can be a little uneven because they had a large group of free fan writers so the quality can be a little uneven but for the most part it is pretty solid. One of the best examples of good writing was the nord smith in the Ald-Rhun fighters guild. His dialogue just gets you sucked in and he should be the standard for all npcs with custom writing.

Wait, Dratha is who everyone is complaining about? She's a feminist bitch even in vanilla.

I am playing the GOG version of Morrowind with an accurate attack mod and an ultimate and unlimited lockpick and probe mod. I had played through Morrowind before without mods but Oblivion and Skyrim spoiled me with their combat systems.

The accurate attack mod only applies to humanoid playable races and not to monsters. It can be challenging since enemy NPCs have perfect attack too.

What? So everything hits 100% of the time? That sounds really bad

The problem with accuracy mods like that is that they make the agility attribute completely useless. This heavily unbalances the game as Bosmer, Agronians, and Khajit become useless as they all had high starting agility at the cost of other stats being lower. It also makes the warrior, agility, and thief birth signs worthless as well since they all revolve around accuracy. forces you to go with a warrior in heavy armor with a large health pool as you can no longer evade attacks and must brute force everything. In addition to that many classes that gave skill bonuses to weapons no longer matter as you can hit everything with 100% consistency. The character/class/build pool shrinks significantly and thus you are railroaded into less role playing options and replay value. It may seem like a good idea but when you look into it, it ends up creating a domino effect of problems.

I'm sorry for your parents who have to deal with knowing they spawned an agent of decline.

You f*ckers are the reason I couldn't get into Dark Souls either, your cancerous attitude just pushes away people who actually have lives. Just because I don't spend 1000 hours reading wikis and books, doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to play the game.

That post is both ableist and elitist. We should absolutely be as welcoming to everyone as possible. To do otherwise is judgemental and it's this exact attitude that's stopping gaming from becoming the artform it was meant to be.

Good. Also, get good
You can't just waltz into a hobby and expect it to cater to you. You are the outsider, and have to conform to us.

Some parts are pretty shit, but honestly I really dug what he did with most of it. The biggest gripes I've got with it were his Udyrfrykte clone self-insert and the fact that he's a stupid faggot manlet Redditor like 90% of the community. Big fucking Dwemer ruins up Red Mountain way can play real nice with Great House Dagoth and a significant amount of personal fuckery to make Dagoth Ur not generically evil and have everything work properly together. Also Darknut's other mods are all shit and his graphical mods are the most shit, he should fucking neck himself for ever thinking he could make a good looking Morrowind texture.

You couldn't get into a video game not because you sucked at it, but because other people didn't take pity on you for sucking at it? Are you five years old?

I hated it. It's big, lore breaking and logically inconsistent.

I prefer big, the lore is almost completely silent on 90% of what it does and I've got no idea what you mean by logically inconsistent but I'm inclined to guess it's probably a non-issue because your opinions are shit and I hope you die.

No, it's terrible. None of the machinery in hte mod looks dwemer. Dagoth Ur in the mod is stupid and you know it.
It's also designed as a big "epic" dungeon filled with wacky gimmicks. It doesn't feel like a real place dwemer designed.

And it's too big. If I want big done right, I'll play Sotha Sil Expanded, not this trash.

Machinery looks plenty Dwemer, as I've already said I've done a ton of shit on my end to change Dagoth Ur back to the lore-accurate (more than Bethesda's own product, of course) Great House Dagoth standard, and it feels plenty like something the Dwemer designed. I really like the way it's not entirely together untouched and parts of it are basically fucked after all of the time it has been unmaintained. I'm sure Darknut wanted to fuck it up worse than he did and did want some "epic" feel but most of it comes across to me as being very plain Dwemer ruin that's big.
You'll look at your gaping asshole after Daddy Trainwiz bends you over for the thousandth fucking time, you stupid nigger.

Your opinions are shit, but I hope you don't die. Just leave this website.

Simpli Eric.

I'm the only person on this website and if you hoped anything bad would happen to me my life would be even better because God personally hates you.

best mod right here. just tried it, thanks user

Holy fuck I never thought I would meet people like you here. What's your reddit handle?

I glitched Morrowind to do the same thing when I first played it on the Xbox…when I was 10. I just wanted to kill stuff.

Now however, I understand that the combat was basically D&D and find playing through the game with the agility stat in tact is much more fun. You are as casual as the 10 year old me, how does that make you feel?

does openMW count?

Been playing MP morrowind with friends. My unarmed nord fighter after finding some dwemer pauldrons looks suspiciously like nappa from DBZ. But goddamn the MP thing is fun. We've been treating it like a D&D session.

The whole swath of Tel Uvirith Telvanni mods actually. They actually let you play a wizard that realizes true research and power lay beyond little things like ethics and morality.

Tea and autism, what more could you ask for?

Not just Dratha. It's been a while since I've played but LGNPC Tel Mora was incredibly weak. The population was split halfway between 'Yeah, men suck, we don't want them here' and 'I hate this place, I need to go jump on some dick'.

Shut your fucking mouth and buy it, you nigger piece of shit

OpenMW+MW Patch Project