Dissonant Game Sound Tracks

What are the most dissonant and warped game OSTs you've heard Holla Forums? I'd say Drakengard 1 had a pretty off sounding OST.

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=JzNmb7If1tg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

anything silent hill

do we really need another fucking music thread

check em

yes

impressive very nice

yes.

CHU TENG

Drakengard 1's soundtrack is literally just remixed stravinsky and It's probably one of my favourite video game osts

if you're talking actual dissonent music in the technical term, Thumper is fucking made of it, it's a rythem game and this is only the backtrack of one of the levels, the full experience has you making most of the dissonance yourself.

the game's art is fucking metal

and for comparison, here's the full sound.

Sounds rad.

Evergrace has a really fucking insane OST I get dizzy from hearing it longer then 5 min.

the timbre is the weirdest thing about it, other than that it is very meandering

I think this one also counts.

I am baffled that this hasn't been posted yet.

If you want dissonant, look up ZUNTATA

dariusburst another chronicle ex's "opposition" is certainly warped.
hooktube.com/watch?v=JzNmb7If1tg
(are hooktube embeds a thing yet?)

I'm seeing more Hooktube embeds lately, what's up with that site?

lets you play youtube without the ads. some videos on youtube wouldnt load for me presumably because of blocked ads, but work fine on hooktube. just replace the "you" in youtube.com with "hook".

Hooktube embeds don't work unfortunately

Sonic forces looks great!

Said no one ever.

Most of the samples used in Off are pitch shifted to resemble frequency ratios that aren't in the standard western tuning system (what you see on the piano) which is why it sounds off but still is pleasing to listen to.

Great choice, know of any other music like this?

Oh hey! Nelward does this too

First thing that comes to mind for me is Silent Hill 1. 1 specifically, the soundtrack is much more deliberately atonal than the subsequent two games.

Yea this VN's OST was really unsettling.

then there's tracks like this one

I came into the thread thinking of Saya

This short song is generally posted whenever someone is talking about dissonance in VGM.

They should have put this song in the regular rotation, or used it as a launching point for disaster music.

True. People who give it honest praise are fucking nobodies.

This soundtrack is super interesting. Thanks for sharing.

I'm actually going to check this game out now.

oopswrongone

And finally, W2D's masterpiece. It's hard to choose a single song from Lisa, but this would be my favorite.

castlevania harmony of dissonance

I played 5 minutes of that game and thought "this shit is fucking retarded, im done"

CLOSE YOUR EYES
CLOSE YOUR HEA-HEA-HEAD

No one here remembers about Turgor?

Darius Burst's soundtrack is frankly a lazy, by-the-numbers pale imitation of the kind of industrial music Ogura made for G-Darius.

Most people haven't played it, and I don't know if Mushroomer's stuff is really "dissonant", it's the game's ambient sounds that make it feel that way. Maybe some of the tracks of the previous game are dissonant, but only in part.