Remakes

What are some games that could really use a remake?

None, make new shit.

Oh

Fallout 4

E.Y.E in UE4

Ys 1 and 2

Zelda 2, but don't do anything to change it. Just market it as "The Dark Souls of the 80's" and you'll get retards proclaiming it's the second coming of Christ because of its moderate difficulty and charming graphics.

In all reality, I would like to see just a few things changed in the game, and it could easily be my favorite Zelda.

They did get remakes for PC and PSP. Strangely enough I didn't like those as much as the PCE version, which is weird because I played the remakes first, so it isn't nostalgia or anything like that.

How about a Super Mario Sunshine remake that follows the direction of 64 DS and uses the engine of Odyssey?

Ye, the PSP remakes are pretty and have nice music (no less than three OSTs for each game) but it lacks that flair from the PCE versions

kys

Skyrim

Just do what they did for Brandish 1 with The Dark Revenant but for Brandish 2.

Never ever. Ys V remake when?

UE4 might work but lets be honest. They would fuck it up in an instant.

FF15

Hopefully they’re working on it now alongside CS4 since 8 is out.

Stay the fuck away from Faxanadu with your remake bullshit.

They already did that.

This post pretty much sums up why you should stay away from the NES and remakes. You want to imagine how pissed off some of the anons would be if they remade pic related?

Oh boy, if I had the money to snag the Gimmick IP….

Faxanadu was a product of its time and its art was a product of the system's limitations. What made it special was the restrictions it had and how it worked within them. To remake it would be to completely remove everything that made it special.

You would make a worse game because Gimmick is perfect.

Lots of unique titles on the Amiga among all the garbage, but many just didn't pan out too well in terms of execution. Weird controls and weird UI decisions in general.

Transarctica comes to mind as a title with a very interesting premise but ended up being cumbersome, unbalanced, a bit too simplistic in some aspects and at times a little too cryptic with what you needed to do to progress. The kind of stuff you'd expect from that era of computer games.
The game itself is sort of an on-rails strategy game, with trading and exploration. And by on-rails, I mean you're the conductor of a fuckin' train in a snow-covered wasteland where coal is currency, fighting against some union monopolizing on the railways, engaging in combat with other trains and trying to figure out what's going on.

they already made Deathwing in UE4. not sure if shininess was its major problem

Fuck off, a new main Xanadu game is more important.

Well if you look at EYE's models and textures you'de see that pretty much everything is made out of shiny metal in many of the levels. If somebody decided to remake the game I'de hate to see what they do with that.

If they could fix the bugs and use the physics engine from chain reaction it'd be perfect. And maybe update the Vinyl editor too.

Also with how games are these day, would you trust the current owners to NOT fuck up a new game? Remakes are popular for a reason.

with my limited knowledge of the UE4 engine, I believe the material properties can be changed for luster. so, even if they make everything out of metal, they can adjust the luster property in-engine for the material reflection to not be overbearing.

Te problem is do you think whoever developed the remake would be smart enough to do that?

You should remake games that had potential, but didn't quite make it in execution. Maybe remake Drakengard with less janky gameplay.

I was assuming you were talking about Streum themselves. the current pool of devs, probably not. mods can fix it, tho…..

Nothing, remakes are cancer.

Oh yea no if this game gets remade I wouldn't expect anything good to come out of it so naturally Struem wouldn't be behind it.

I think Ys V got remade on the PS2 already. Not that the west has seen it, nor does that version have a translation patch.