Harvest Moon

How about a Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons/Stardew Valley/Rune Factory thread?

It's been quite a long time since I've played a HM game. Last time I can remember would be A Wonderful Life back in 2007-ish.
What game would you recommend to get me back into the farming genre? Doesn't specifically have to be a HM entry.
Back when I played A Wonderful Life, I remember really liking the relationship aspect, so I'd prefer a game that has some great character development and great waifus.

Other urls found in this thread:

xseedgames.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Last console HM was Animal Parade right? Maybe with the switch doing well Story of Seasons will hop over to that.

Story of Seasons for the 3ds may be a good place. There's also Rune Factory 3 and 4. You can also emulate Rune Factory Frontier and enable a cheat to fix the Runey System. It can single handedly ruin the game.

Animal Parade is OK. Lots of good ideas brought down by a few bad ones. No clue if emulation gets rid of the sliwdowns though.

Stardew Valley would be m suggestion for you.
Some cute waifus, funy animal farming, wish there were more animal types though.
Planting and harvesting is calming, though I do think watering takes up way too much energy, also some of the harvest time lenths are odd, and some plants that should be multi-harvest but aren't.
I is great game, I am actually a farmer and love this game, they did some research, but not alot on plant and animals and their production. But that is a HUGE nitpick on my part.
Overall a great game! You can tell alot of love went into it.

I've tried emulating DS games, but I have a shitty computer, so I doubt I'd be able to emulate RF3. But I do have a 3DS. Should I buy the RF3 cart or go ahead and jump up to RF4? Which would be better for someone who hasn't played the RF series?

I wouldn't mind trying Stardew Valley. It seems like it drew a lot of inspiration from the older HM games. How do the waifus and character development stack up against the HM series?

Stardew Valley is great if you want to play around with a farm, but its characters are lacking. They are far too modern and "progressive", and while they aren't pointless collections of wacky anime tropes like in later Rune Factory games, they also aren't much of anything at all except for maybe one hobby and a lot of daily routine that they like to talk about. I think Haley is the only one that develops a little bit in her events. Mostly they are like normal Harvest Moon characters, but too "real" to be interesting.

Its combat part can also be annoying, because you can easily spend 5 minutes whacking blobs in complete silence, then suddenly hear a really good music track play once for like 30 seconds, and then go back to desolate silence again.

Rune Factory 1-3 emulated somewhat easily even on my old laptops, though they would often slow down to a crawl when there were too many 3D models on the screen.

Just play Harvest Moon 64 or Stardew Valley. The sad reality is that the vast majority of the games in this series/genre are crap because the developers seem to have stumbled on a fluke for the good ones and never really understood what made those compelling games.

RF is best played sequentially. My advice is to get yourself an r4 chip, around $25, and use that to play the first three roms on DS… and every other ds game as well.

Get Starjew Valley on PC. At least you can pirate mod it.

As for Harvest Moon, how will new games be made without second screen?

Same way as all the non-DS games?

If you want fun mechanics and waifus play rune factory.
If you want a change of pace, play stardew valley, the core mechanics are okay, the waifus suck but it's decent.
You can safetly ignore any of the games on the 3ds unless you like grinding and collecting, since that's pretty much all those games revolve around. The waifus/husbandos are okay, but none of them really stand out to me and come off as somewhat sterile.

It depends on what you're wanting. 3 has better characters, writing, and music and you can go pretty much anywhere from the get go(though you'll most likely be killed by the high level monsters in certain areas if you go there too early.) To see the characters in 3 complete their arc, which is a requirement if you want to marry one of them, you have to perform requests for them via a bulletin board or your mailbox. The only thing that annoyed me with the game is to progress in the last story dungeon you have give certain vegetables to statues, which is kind of a pain if you didn't bring the exact vegetables in the dungeon with you, but that's a very minor nitpick.

4 has better combat, a much bigger world, the ability to play as either male or femaleno yuri though, and you're allowed to customize and develop the town because the MC is a prince/princess. The characters and story aren't as interesting as their counterparts in 3, but they're not bad. The one thing that irks me about the game is that a character's arc only comes to completion via optional events that involve them and several other characters. This isn't a bad idea at all, but the problem is that these quests, as far as I can tell, trigger randomly. This means that you have to go to every single area of the town and talk to every single character, every day, hoping for the off chance that one of these events, likely not even one of the ones you want, to start. That being said, someone might have found a way to alleviate this problem by now. I recall hearing about if you save on a certain day then reset the game over and over it increases your chances of triggering these events, but I haven't tried it out myself yet.

And If you want the shittiest version of everything, download the Farming Valley Modpack for Autism Blocks.
Surprisingly it does make for a good agricultural focused Minecraft Server, but as far as emulating the game genre well… it really doesnt.
I'm using it for a /ck/ crossover Minecraft server in hopes of bringing some activity to that board.
Also, visit /ck/, it's a good board that deserves some attention.

Never played Rune Factory or Story of Seasons. How are they compared to Harvest Moon? What do they have that HM doesn't?

Story of Seasons is just Harvest Moon after Marvelous lost the rights to use that name in the west. Rune Factory is a grindy action-RPG that also has crops and animals shoehorned into it.

no uaifoos?

There are waifus user

I haven't played Story of Seasons, but Rune Factory adds dungeon crawling and RPG mechanics to the games.

The early games are like Harvest Moon with action RPG stuff shoehorned in, but the later games are like action RPGs with the Harvest Moon stuff shoehorned in.

Yes, there are waifus.

Even the first Rune Factory is just a very basic action game first, you probably wouldn't even notice farming if your character didn't live at a huge farm like in Harvest Moon or FoMT. You barely have to use your farm at all, since most of the progress is gated by the mayor demanding that you plow X squares in each new cave before you are allowed into the next one.

Waifus are okay, but don't stack up to the average RF/HM waifus. Still, you'll probably find one you like. The blue haired one is my personal favourite.

what are the best SoS and RF? I played the Super Nintendo HM and Friends of Mineral Town for GBA.

RF3 according to most.

I suppose the good thing from jumping into 720p is more screen real-estate. The question is weather or not the UI will support controller shortcuts for ease of access in menus. I'm thinking more RF than HM.

I think a fair amount of people skipped Magical Melody because of how uguu kawaii it looked, but I think after 64 one of the better HM games.

Pretty neat to have an antagonistic rival character who if you want can marry.

As you can see in the third picture, the locations with the H mark where you can live in this version. Your first house is free, but each spot offers different benefits/downsides, including soil quality and plot sizes. Further into the game you can purchase the other plots of land.

Magic melody is almost a throwback to the old school hm's, even going so far as to put in the old waifus. It actually probably has some of the best mechanics of the series.

ha

L I T E R A L C U C K O L D G A M E

DON'T TEMPT ME SLANTS, IT'S STILL NOT A GOOD GAME

I'm playing trio towns right now.
it's alright, but not the best harvest moon game.
I'd say Tree of Tranquility/Animal Parade was my favorite one.

Issue with stardew is that the characters are incredibly flat, the combat which basically takes up half your day is incredibly shallow, and it much too quickly falls into a rut. They have an antagonistic force, that just kind of exists putting a weird tone over the entire game.

Yea the player was going to be able to choose between helping the corporation or rebuilding the community center, but that ended up being scrapped so now they're just sorta there.

I've never played Stardew Valley but what's wrong with it? The art style looks crisp, aside from the character models

It's shallower than the games it apes and the characters aren't great.

Niggers

someone please post the obligatory image of Monica from Rune Factory 3

No

I'm still on Rune Factory 2. So fucking slow. Then it's RF3 then 4.

Right now I'm playing Rune Factory 4. It's weeb as fuck and the characters have exaggerated personalities but they have personalities and fucktons of dialogue so going around town each day doing the meet and greet doesn't feel like a colossal chore. The game has conversations where characters will chime in with their opinions on what you're talking about, and special reactions to whatever is going on in the story. Characters will tell you what kind of gifts their friends like and if you give a shitty gift they'll give you an idea of a better gift to give next time. It's probably the only HM style game that I've been hanging around town until the late afternoon just getting the most out of each day rather than sitting around with my thumb up my ass in order for an event to happen or a shop to open up.

Stardew Valley has some cute events but for the most part the town is a ghost town. Most of the people living there can't stand it and don't have anything to say to you. As for raising friendship there's no mention of what people like anywhere in game, you just have to trial and error everything or download the cheat sheet. And you can only give 2 gifts a week to each person so good luck doing it legit. I think Stardew Valley is a really great game if you want to be a landscaper and design a cute little ranch but it's worse at just about everything else.

Stardew Valley sucks ass, what the fuck happened to Bokuju monogatari as a series, they literally peaked on the Game Boy Advance and then took a sharp nose dive. Here's hoping that against all odds Story of Seasons Switch isn't bad.

There's a steady incline between Harvest Moon and Friends of Mineral Town, each new title feeling like it built off of the last, it wasn't a fluke but something hit the development studio like an a bomb.

Lacks character, has a lot of fat, feels like it just copies Harvest Moon and doesn't really advance it, the visuals are cringe worthy, not a single character is interesting, I'd have to play it again to get a real idea but it's just not the real deal.

So… which is worse, Starjew, or an Autism Blocks Modpack based on it, being played by a Great Value™ Pewdipie?

(checked)
those trips won't save you user
It's not a Rune Factory thread until someone posts it

fml fam

Starjew is fine. It's not great and you can see the taint of sjw indie shit but functionally it's very similar to HM.

What monsters should I be raising for the Pet tournament? Trying to do the first year without rescuing Diras so I can actually win the fishing tournaments, so I only have access to monsters from his dungeon and earlier

Pretty sure that's Selzawid from Rune Factory 4

It's better than most if not all Harvest Moon games.

Rune Facotry 4 is the pinnacle of all the series. Stardew Valley ain't fucking shit.

At least they're trying to fix the art.

Frontier would have been the pinnacle of it weren't for Runeys

What was Frontier like?

agreed, i kinda wish they remade rf1 with updated mechanics from rf4 and new additions here and there. rf1 had the best waifus and frontier just added more on top of that.

Also, was Oceans any good?

oceans was a disappointment. it's a dungeon crawler and the farming aspect of the series got culled.

I'd love them to remake RF1 and 2 in 4's engine so I can go back and play them, I made the mistake of joining at 3 so it's hard to go back.

To be honest, that's more palatable to me than normal Bokujou games that are all farming and no dungeon, but I can see how that'd be a pisser.

it plays like your standard Rune Factory game, except time moves slower and freezes inside buildings, allowing for more relaxed gameplay or longer dungeon crawling sessions. you don't have to be a speedrunner anymore to play efficiently

the art, music and girls are probably my favourite in the series too

Runeys add this completely random bullshit micromanagement though, and basically stops you from playing on you don't do it. Crops don't grow, relationships don't build, RP runs out faster.

Easily fixed with codes on an emulator or modded console though.

Best girl locked behind worst game

*if you don't do it
I need some sleep

I've heard alot of good things about it, I really ought to emulate it sometime.
This is my exact problem with Hero of Leaf Valley. I hear the PSP version is the better version, but I hate the updated visuals. It makes me just want to play the original, regardless.

Even if you can stomach the graphics in Hero of Leaf Valley, the walking speed is fucking atrocious add that to slow turning, a shit perspective and dodgy controls and it's a pain in the ass to play. Pity since there's a lot of good in the game, just stuck underneath a shit experience to actually play.

Alright, I'm looking for a time sink.
Which one has the most complexity and amount of things to do? Only games of this genre I've played are one of the gameboy harvest moons and can't remember anything about it and viva pinata and I've been looking for more but not wiki hugging autism

Oh, that's simple. Okay Dwarf Fortress. Intuitive, relaxing, and hours of fun.

Made me check what thread I was in. Thanks.

Best RF game, but ruined by the stupidest mechanic ever.

How so?

Google runeys. It's an incredibly tedious system where you get bonuses or penalty's to farming.

You have to balance the ecosystem of these floating spirit things. There are four types in a linear food chain, meaning eventually they will die out completely unless you micromanage them; except the way you manage them is tedious as hell and takes a lot of time. You can't just do it from a menu, you have to physically run around sucking them up with a vacuum thing and redistribute them manually. And you have to go to a specific place in town to even check the town's distribution.

The whole town has them distributed, not just your field? Christ.

Yeah, there's like 10 or 12 "sections" of town that have their own ecosystem.

Sounds like it would just be an unfun nuisance normally, but hellish with a timer going off while you're trying to do everything else.

It's a shame because the game does everything else so well. I dunno what they were thinking.

That was the impression I got elsewhere. Ah well, not like I'm anywhere near done with RF4 yet anyway.

Friends of Mineral Town has a lot of nice elaborations on mechanics introduced in previous games, but unfortunately it pisses them all away on having not ending or final evaluation. The developers (not Marvelous by the way, this was outsourced to the freelance development studio TOSE) completely missed the point and effectively made a non-game.

Yeah I went back and gave Magical Melody a full playthrough a while back to try and give it a fairer evaluation than when I first played it and it pissed me off. While it was a definite improvement over A Wonderful Life and perhaps one of the better games in the series overall, I would still characterize it as severely flawed.

Like AWL, it was similarly tedious as hell thanks to the sim tendencies the series had been developing. The Notes were a poor substitute for a proper end-game evaluation and were basically an early example of the shallow Achievements shit that is now a plague on modern games. I appreciate the goal direction they managed to provide but they're still not that focused, and the fact that you have to look up exactly how to get some of them or perform tedious work guessing wildly hoping to get lucky and stumble across one is just bad design.

Magical Melody has this huge problem of everything happening as slow as possible. The pacing just isn't very fun. Nothing exemplifies this better than the unskippable cutscenes in the game which often have little more than a short sentence of dialogue–yet you have to sit there for minutes watching your character very slowly perform these series of pantomimes to express themselves. I honestly don't know what they were trying to do with those—simply irritate the fuck out of the player?

The agonizing amount of time it takes to pick up, pull out, and put away your items for no reason is one of the biggest pace-killers to me. There's also shit like needing to drag your horse around SLOOOWLY with reins in the winter if you want to get it out of the barn without the other animals, or the amount of time it takes to fully charge a gold tool, or even how long it takes you to dismount your horse and begin walking normally again. While these seem like rather specific gripes, all of these simple things add up to affect the overall pacing of gameplay.

The tediousness of basic item management is probably the biggest issue. All that shit adds up so quickly and just makes performing routine tasks a big slog. It's funny too because the rotating item picker thing was a great idea but it was complete wasted on their terrible choice of item usage speed.

Also those long animations whenever your farmer gets fatigued or tired. What the hell, seriously.

Jesus stardew valley is complete fucking garbage holy shit. All of the routine things to do are ridiculously tedious and all the characters are fucking garbage and even worse to talk to. Why the hell does it take half a fucking day to water 10 plants?
Also
>ROTATING PIXEL ART
What were they fucking thinking holy shit. I'm going to have to fuck about with emulators to find something else that's at least decent.

Rune Factory 3 emulates pretty well, just gets a little weird with the voice clips.

Motherfuck.

Jokes on you, you have to finish part 2 (or come really fucking close) to get further then 3 hearts.
And then waiting for the random even to trigger part 3 if you want the good weapons.

Did anyone ever make a patch to fix DS Cute's English version?

Well it's a problem that stuck around. I think the only game since FoMT that had an ending was AWL. So while I definitely agree that it's a flaw, I don't think it's that big of a deal by comparison.

For anyone looking for recommendations, play HMDS. It's very underrated. Retardedly buggy, but really pretty fun, decent writing half the time.

Yep, it's just going to be hanging on my list forever tormenting me.

Before I managed to craft sprinklers I was watering 50-60 plants a day and feeding/maintaining my farm grounds. All that before midday, don't know what you're doing but it sounds like you're going full retard.

The only thing that might take a while is preparing and planting new crops every season.

Magical Melody has an ending too.

I replayed 64 last year and

1. Holy shit the translation is abysmal, and what the fuck is up with the text formatting, its all over the place.

2. Holy shit the time goes by so fucking fast, days are only about 5 minutes, nowhere near enough time to both take care of a decent sized farm and do off-farm stuff.
Like even just like using about 1/6th of your usable land will take you your entire day to water/harvest, even with upgraded tools and the horse's bag.
Way better to just have a small patch of crops than to have an actual big farm.

And don't forget about Frontier's loading screens
Jesus Christ, i'm playing RF 3 and it's such a breeze being able to go anywhere without any loading screen.
Also, subjective point, i prefer the waifus on RF 3 than the ones on Frontier.

user, you can buy a genderchanging option so you can have the purest form of love, it's not perfect but it works

It's exactly enough time as you need. You've just gotta git gud and learn to prioritize. Once you get the greenhouse you have all the time you'll ever need for agriculture.

Post the link to the mod please?

Mod nexus has a pile of portrait mods but for some reason they leave out most of the characters you can't romance.
There's also a monstergirl ranching mod for this which is great. For hugs, not fugs.

Stardew Valley is hollow and souless. It took me a while to realize it because I was in denial, but after you've played it for 2 hours you've experienced most of the map and its just going to draw out the experience. Farming is a chore, talking to people is a chore, events are a chore. Everyone is emo and doesn't want to live in Stardew Valley. The writing is abysmal. Late game there is nothing to do with your gold because the developer just stopped working on the game once he became rich.

He could have hired people to add more content but that would cost him profits so NO. In 2 years all his new patches have done are 1) port the game to new systems 2) add controller support 3) plans to add limited multiplayer. In other words no story or new gameplay mechanics for the single player experience.

The only thing I kind of enjoyed were the dungeons with the mining and there are ARPGs that do it better. As someone who has beat StarJew Valley, I suggest not wasting more than a few hours on StarDew Valley or you will regret it.

Harvest Moon fan here (of the actual good games in the series anyway). I still haven't made it to year 2 so I could be wrong, but so far my experience has been just the opposite. Very pleased with this game, I think it picks up on many of the good points of the Harvest Moon series before Marvelous lost their mind and decided to crap out shitty sims every 6 months.

I thought it was cool too but it's a collectaton trap. Come back and post your thoughts in this thread again when you're finished with the game. The late game peters out and lackluster make for a bad taste in my mouth when I remember it. At some point in year 2 you'll realize it's the same exact stuff as happened last year and you've experienced the whole game. All of the older Harvest Moons had more memorable characters, events, and stories.

Good example of hollowness: some characters like the Wizard and the guy in the sewer, and the dwarf in the mine were just totally forgotten about after he made them. He just lost interest in making his game and so the characters are placeholders. Don't make the mistake I did of wasting time giving gifts to the dwarf, befriending him does nothing!

This was my experience as well. Even though I played Stardew barely a year ago, I can barely remember a single character whereas I can remember even the names of old HM/RF ones.

The only good thing about stardew is the fact that it got a gog release for easy pirating and doesn't need an emulator or handheld to play it.
The gender swap and better portrait mods are essential though.

How are those benefits? An emulator isn't at all hard to acquire, and a handheld is a plus.

Handhelds costs money and I'm too much of a wageslave to afford one plus I'm computer illiterate so there's always some problem with the emulation. Like when I was trying to play Ace Combat on a ps2 emulator and it would slow to a crawl every time there was a cloud in view despite my computer doing a decent job of running everything else I play.
It's just comfort, affordability, and preference, really.

Story of Seasons, now with furries.

Looks more like a Yuru-chara thing than furryism. So, it's still completely disgusting, but in a pandering, tourist-whoring sort of way, not a sexual way.

Also, there better be some Stephanie Leeds soon.

My only hope for a good farm sim right now is /agdg/
Unless Rune Factory comes back

…Actually, I may have another option for you guys. It's called Ryuutama, and it's the easiest, most comfiest Tabletop RPG ever to come out of Japan. It's geared towards travel and exploration(As-is a GM could run a Made in Abyss campaign no problem, except for the lack of PC Lethality), but a few mechanical tweaks and you could absolutely run a comfy town simulator. I was actually going to make a thread on /tg/ in a bit here.

Interesting idea, but you usually want this kind of comfy game for single player because its something you can play anytime you want as much as you want.

Oh, right, What about Atelier Annie: Alchemists of Sera Island, fo NDS? It's more Crafting focused, and follows a linear storyline, but it's got a similar comfy feel to it. Alchemists are competing to Renovate an island into a tourist hot-spot, and to marry the prince/princess. The MC is a layabout girl who's initial motivation is to "Marry Up" so she can stay in bed all day. The English title keeps the Japanese voice acting as well, so it's basically a subbed jrpg.

from all atelier games i played that one was the only one i really didn't like

Sadly looks too late to get a physical of it.

I've got a PDF of all the stuff for it, if you're interested.

Do you guys remember this one? I still have it for Wii but the up ressing on the Wii U is a nightmare on it. How's the PC port?

Will XSeed ever remember this IP exists?

I think this game was my last rental. I remember renewing it a couple times because I wanted to get to the end but was really only allowed to play games on the weekend and Friday nights. Even then none of my friends wanted it to be the game we played when we hung out, even though they loved Pikmin.

Money and PS2 emulation I can understand, but everything I've heard about Stardew makes it sound like insultingly bad garbage. DS emulation at this point is literally just "run it and it works" so go play Rune Factory.

This was made by Cing and published by Marvelous, no idea what XSeed is but they had nothing to do with it.

Fuck no, they made it into a waifu simulator and casualized the rest of the game mechanics, NAMELY FARMING.

marvelous is xseed

see: xseedgames.com/

In what way? Please elaborate.

I think you are confusing it with Rune Factory. Do people here even play the actual games, for fucks sake.

So, again, no one who has anything to do with making video games.

Why not? Premise sounds funny, think I will try it.

Holy shit anons make up your minds. Is Rune Factory worth dropping Stardew Valley for or should I stick with it considering I'm almost through 3 seasons already?

Are you enjoying RF? If so, keep playing it. If not, try something else.

If you have a hacked 3DS just download and try it.

Is HM: Tale of Two Towns worth playing?

Any one in particular I should be trying?

From personal experience, I've had a hard time getting into Rune Factory 1 or 2 because of playing 3 first, which makes so many great little interface improvements. Furthermore, Rune Factory 4 improves on it a lot as well, and makes it hard to go back to 3. In short, the later you go, the overall better the game itself, but it makes it very difficult to "backtrack" later and try the earlier games which is kind of a shame, because in RF4 there's a little gallery where you get to look at fanart of the series with narrations and commentary from the characters themselves, and since I only know the 3 characters I end up feeling like I missed out on a lot of lovable goofballs

Rate my main save. Around 400 hours played on this one last I checked

what

Did you just never leave town and keep buying/crafting stat up items or something?

My God, it's the ultimate autist challenge run

How

wew/10

After beating the 2nd arc you unlock the ability to freeze your level or freeze your skill gains at any point in the game using prince points, even in new saves which allows for some fantastic challenge runs if you want some seriously masochist-tier difficulty. Hard difficulty Rune prana was pure bliss on this character let me tell you. I've been trying a playthrough where both your skill & level gains are frozen - essentially limiting all form of stat boosts except food and runeys from farming but it gets very tricky past obsidian mansion. I don't wanna get into detail how that one even works

tell us.

That still requires you to beat bosses though doesn't it?

New saves included. You beat RF4 on a normal character first which will unlock a variety of new orders you can use with prince points on any character you wish - this includes freshly made brand new saves which also have these abilities unlocked right off the bat. Right after the tutorial on a new character you're given just enough points to freeze either your level gain or skill gain, there are more orders than this but I'd rather not spoil it to those who haven't completed the 2nd arc.

Okay, so you've beaten the 2nd arc on a normal save and have unlocked the post-game prince orders that come with it. Now we create a new save which is also given these orders. Great! Now you've gotten yourself stuck with a perma level 1 character unless you choose to deactivate that level freeze order so what now?

A few ways to gain RP, HP and other stats:
Leveling skills - your skill tab plainly states what you will gain every time that skill rises in level, it will take much more grinding and effort to get anywhere but it is the main method of raising stats. Raising skills past 99 for those which allow it will continue to raise all stats except for RP I believe. You sort of cap that stat out after a certain point.
Runeys - whenever you harvest crops there is a chance it will either leave a vegetable spirit or a glowing orb. The veggie will permanently raise your stats by a tiny amount while the glowing orb raises your skill levels (if they aren't frozen with the skill freeze order)
Medicines - raises a single stat by a tiny amount similar to veggie spirits. Very expensive, difficult to mass produce yourself until you're late in the game
Food - temporary buffs. Extremely valuable due to the fact that a level frozen character has hilariously low health pools without chugging a billion heart drinks.

Beating the game as a level 1 is simple enough. Make up for your low health & stats with some creative use of consumables, upgrade your armor/weapons carefully, farm constantly and of course raise your skill levels as much as possible. It is difficult but not impossible. Freezing both level and skill gains however…

Well for starters you will have around 30 hp, around 50+ rp and other stats in the single digits. Can't level up so that max RP won't change ever and for that matter most of your other stats won't budge either. You're stuck with extremely rare medicines (which you can't ever make yourself) or the slightly less rare runeys that appear while farming. With runeys half of them will be worthless due to the fact that the glowing orbs raise skill levels which you decided to freeze and the veggie runeys are already rare enough as it is. You will have to grind and grind a whole lot to get even the smallest stat gains.
A mix of RNG, constant usage of food, patience and severe autism should make arc 1 possible with this character. To avoid damage it is recommended to git gud using the right shoulder button dash ability because one shot and you're probably dead. As for dealing out damage you will begin to do zero damage to monsters around obsidian mansion. To counter this you will have to find (or buy) some stat raising foods and more importantly find weapon/armor that gives crit chance. With crit chance you can bypass armor causing full damage. Charging up a staff's spell also seems to do great damage so you still have options at this point. Magic spells & rune abilities cost too much rp and are mostly unusable. Weapon abilities are also locked behind a certain skill level so you cannot use anything except for normal attacks + dashing around.

There is a lot more to it but I hope you get the idea. RF4 is a fantastic grinding simulator that never stops being fun and the devs really put in a lot of work to make these creative playstyles possible. God bless em and god bless autism

Turned out to be a bit long with my lousy formatting. Have a cute ghost to compensate

Shit, that's pretty great. Should make replays fun. Would make you pretty reliant on townsfolk as teammates I imagine though since you wouldn't be able to recruit most if any monsters though? I seem to recall you needing to be above monsters in level to recruit them. Which would make the monster tournament impossible to win most likely, but then it IS a specialized playthrough.

go away

Behind HM64 this is probably my favorite of the series, but jesus the time management is so horribly flawed. You'll end up with IRL hours of nothing to do while you wait for a reasonable hour in game to go to sleep, since you sleep based on stamina lost during the day.

Too bad you have to choose between decent framerate (GC) or best loli waifu (PS2)

PS4 rerelease plays just fine.

Too bad they don't have most of those PS2 on PS4 games on the Japanese PSN. I'd rather not support Natsume or deal with their shitty translations.

yeah but it's a farming rpg I don't think it matters very much

it does when the game is already retarded snail pace

Why did nobody tell me you have a milf mom and adorable imouto in the newest game?

earth is gay

emulation doesn't really take computer literacy.

Go fuck a baby tbh

You want him to fuck you? That's pretty gay.

NO FUCK YOU, crafting breaks the game so fucking hard it's not even funny.
Get 100 trash items, use them to make 10 lv10 swords, then make a sword and upgrade it using all lv10 swords.
Because you used LV10 items on all items, you get the max item level bonus that I believe was 800 damage, that shit alone is enough to one shot the first boss, and you can repeat on all equipment slots (for armor instead, though).

Later on with 8x metal (or whatever), you plot one of those all stats scales (or very high stats, don't remember) and voá-la, you get more damage from the fucking item bonuses than the base damage the weapon have. Reversed black apples and whatnot also break the game.

I beat the game before (all 3 endings) before fall (save scummed to trigger memories asap though).

Didn't even check how OP you can me the animals become, apparently is WAY more OP than you can ever get.

I was literally invulnerable to that last boss (black old dude ghost or something) thingy in the last dungeon and could finish him off super quick.

I didn't even go into 90% life steal on weapons.

most of the numbers must be wrong because I didn't double check
I damn fucking refuse to believe that the measly stats that you get from leveling can ever get near what you can get with 8xGrimoire Scale (which you can get before the end of the second chapter)

didn't click on me that you can't get anything besides the 10xlv10 bonus since your crafting is lv1 forever.
Now it might actually be pretty hard

At level 1 with no skills, would you have enough RP to be able to do those crafts?

Without freezing your skills the game is still doable and yes crafting is extremely overpowered I'd recommend anyone curious to read up about it on gamefaqs since they have some detailed posts on the topic. Sharance maze wasn't difficult either due to tenfold steel like you mentioned. The level 1 thing was mostly just to not have bloated hp so even with incredible gear you're at risk of dying but that's all there is to it. Oh yeah I forgot to mention if you freeze your level gain it prevents villagers and pets from leveling up too, your pets still seem to level up from brushing & raising friendship if you still want to use em though.

You can use some food to raise your max rp but after around level 15+ crafting anything at all costs you a few thousand rp so its not likely

fucking wew

fuccccccc

also, lookie that

That's a pretty gay boat.

My first HM game was Magical Melody and it was great. Made me buy and also play A Wonderful Life. Which was also great. Short hair redhead tomboy is bae even though I forget her name.

I was looking to see if they have any games on the 3DS because I spend a lot of time on planes and want something chill to do while I hope the brown guy next to me doesn't explode but all they have is this new autistic grid-based minecraft-looking garbage.

I would give my left nut for a Milf version of Harvest Moon

Nami

The series is called Story of Seasons now. The company that used to just translate usurped the Harvest Moon name for their own shitty ripoffs.

I'm talking about this shit

Yeah, ignore any new games called Harvest Moon, it's not the same series.

Why can't they just port MM and AWL to 3DS and stop being retarded?

Handhelds fucking suck. That's why.

I absolutely love the assumption always contained within statements like this that the Harvest Moon series was worth half a shit before the old split. The series had been in the gutter for nearly a decade, nothing of value was lost.

The last good Harvest Moon game was Harvest Moon DS

You have to go back

But user, we have to care about normalfags. Them watching us play Vidya is how we corrupt them and get non-autistic buddies for couch co-op, just like viewing public displays of faggotry is what turns you gay.

Why?

Coming up on the blacksmithing competition in Rune Factory 4, what should I be considering? I think the most high level thing I can make is the invisible sword, and I've made one I enhanced with a large number of Ambrosia's drops to make it do 50% chance of sleep.

I wonder what the villagers thought of when some loonie decided to stand in the town square from morning til midnight eating hearts in the rain

Why not just buy a copy or import? Marvelous is one of the few companies worth giving money.

Story of Seasons is pretty damn good, it felt like they wanted to take the series to a higher level of complexity with it, contrasting sharply with Natsume's casual abortions and Stardew Valley, which is decent, but nothing exceptional compared to previous entries.

I remember that game, good time we’re had playing it with my friend. Both of us really liked Pikmin, so there was that. I also like the kingdom expansion aspect and the need to prioritize what classes you bring along on certain expeditions. Most of the bosses were on point as well. Anyone want to tell me how the sequel on Vita was?