RUINER

I remember there being some excitement here about this game some time ago for being cyberpunk, though I barely hear anything about it nowadays. Was it worth a pirate? I can't tell by the videos if it's just a Hotline Miami clone or 2deep4u Polish kino.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/464060/discussions/2/2381701715732295013/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's very fun, it just died because of Cuphead and other high profile games around its release date. Give it a shot though.

pirate it and if you like it, you have mark's permission to buy it.

Somewhere in between really. The gameplay is fine and can actually be pretty fun when things start going really fast, the story probably has a lot more going on than its letting on but its told in a fairly good way particularly to the latter end of the game, and the soundtrack is hit or miss unless you like unironic vaporwave. I'd recommend it personally but it really is just a top down shooter with a really fantastically realized and well executed dark cyber punk setting. Also the guys mask is awesome

It's worth a purchase, faglord.

>buy it blindly goy faglord! I'm one of you
hello shill, i guess hiring polish shills is cheaper and they can even speak English.
What a deal!

Basically this.

Generally speaking your opinion is more worth a damn if you take your time to actually get good at the game and finish it in the hardest way possible, that way anything you have to say about the game can apply to both easy and hard modo instead of just for one-and-dump playthroughs

intro had a bunch of uncontrollable slow-mo that interrupts the otherwise slick gameplay. didn't give the rest of the game a chance because of how jarring the first 20-30 minutes were.

steamcommunity.com/app/464060/discussions/2/2381701715732295013/

Weapons-grade autism.

I found the game rather clunky, with some abilities feeling like a patchwork fix for bad design.
Aesthicaly speaking the game is good, but it fell short on the gameplay aspect.

Comparisons with Hotline Miami are kinda bad, because it plays a lot differently. I think it is worth a pirate and i didn´t regret the 20 goybux or so i spend on it. And the devs at least claimed they would work on future content for free.

Are you faggots fresh from cuckchan?

Go be a detective elsewhere, being impressed by the good kind of autism is commonplace here.

But user, having in depth thoughts about something and being able to write them down in a constructive manner is in our dumbed down society a sure hallmark for autism.

Fair enough

good shit

All his complaints are valid, it'd make a great editorial on some games media website. Ultamitely if a game could spur on someone to write all that its probably worth looking at.

It's pretty obvious it was being shilled here hard, threads full of (48)

I don´t get how anyone can have problems with fucking Nerve. He is the easiest boss in the whole game including Chief Watayama and the headhunts for fucks sake. Just deploy a kinetic shield, so he can´t use his special abilities, and then proceed to laugh at him when he desperately tries to keep up with your chain dashs. He doesn´t even have a range attack outside of his little meteor shower which you can easily avoid.

I really wish actual quality game critique wasn't mostly relegated to random corners of the internet, just a blog would be cool enough

game was shit

It can be fun and engaging, some bosses are well made, you can switch your upgrades on the fly between battles, the design is appealing, but it's completely unbalanced. Upgrades can go from the completely useless (the chain dash is impractical and inefficient) to the absolutely overpowered (You just upgrade frag nades and recreate the Syrian conflict, while swinging around your melee to win), and you can struggle with a bullshit bulletsponge and then later have a boss way to easy to kill. This single flaw kinda ruins it since one playstyle prevails against all instead of being fair with any way you can play it (except if the behavior of a boss forces you to use guns, I admit).

He probably spent more time writing that than playing the game.

I like the witch house but havent played.it

Would've been a classic if they had made it into a FPS instead.

confirmed for having played on normal

the game is a mixture of spectacle fighter and twinstick shooter, you can customize your own playstyle but you have to adapt to specific bosses
Mother for example requires you to dump everything you have into chaindash and slowmo, some other bosses require you to respec into stationary shields etc