Lootboxes are evolving into their next form

And this is only just the beginning, what will the future hold?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/7I9WO
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Las_Vegas_shooting
twitter.com/hechimabushi/status/927167519529484290
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

LOL

What is social score? Why is a black major giving me orders to view lootboxes in WWII?

EA is full of some slimy social engineers.
Its a wonder that they're still allowed to do this.

Watching other people gamble and waste their money is fun. I don't know how that makes you a cuck.

Have tripple A publishers actually ever thought about trying to make good games for once?

Your progress/rewards are limited by the work of others. Literally Marxist

Someone else might do it and then the suits will just tell the devs to copy those mechanics into the new game and they'll think of a way to monetize that.

Because he's OP, and thus a faggot. It's only natural he would think buying lootboxes is having fun.

Wow, now you get literal Pay to Win.

I hope that only stays in shooters.

Good, the videogame crash can't come soon enough

The only reason I know what a lootbox is is because I took the time to research it. From what I've seen the only way to encounter them is to have a monumentally shit taste in games, so what's the problem? Dipshits deserve to be scammed.

Everything they perfect in the market will eventually be used against you by the government proper.

Because it'll effect you too, in the end. DLC didn't used to be common, but now every game tries to nickle and dime you with cheaply made dlc that obviously could've been in the base game. Loot boxes are even cheaper and more bullshit than dlc. Hope you're looking forward to having a virtual slot machine that you use real money for, in every single game five years form now. All because you were too lazy to fight it when it's happening in the shitty AAA games.

Can't wait to see the torrent of journalists praising it with shit like "Why lootboxes are great for video games".

WE

I remember hearing the same line about season passes the first time they showed up in a game, now its hard to find a new release that doesn't have a season pass.

Fuck no. Raising people's standards is the last thing they ever want to do.

WUZ

TODDZ

archive.is/7I9WO

You don't understand, user. People love hats and other cosmetic items. Look at how much money fuck, I don't know. GGG and path of exile? They sell lootboxes, I think.. If we implement loot boxes, even if the actual game doesn't sell well, it might still make a profit thanks to loot boxes. It could save a game series you love from dying. It's a good idea, believe me.

fuck you now that you said it it's going to spread isn't it

So realistic.

We've got bigger issues than niggers, at the moment.

The fucking what now?

Don't forget the patent for a system that basically lets you one-click buy your killer's gun directly from a killcam for real cash money.

OY VEY HOW ECONOMICAL

It's too late.
League of Legends already has this in a way, as proven by some faggot some while ago. Buying champions led to you being queued with better players in your team while the other team conveniently had a bad player on your supposed lane, so you'd end with an absurd score and think "Hey, maybe I'm good at this game and I should buy more champions"
Who's to say other games aren't pozzed already? I doubt most ASSFAGGOTS isn't riddden with this bullshit by now, and I'm left wondering if even cosmetics would lead into a similar system.

Also, I can tell you for a fact, if you stop playing league of legends for a pretty long time, the first match after coming back always puts you against glue eating retards, so you keep playing.

So, are we in agreement that anybody who actually buys this is a piece of shit imbecile?

This is beyond shit and Activision needs to die, but it should never have been a quesrion on whether Cawadoody We Wuz II was worth buying. One of the original annual cancer FPS franchises ever worth buying?

Will normalfags ever stop buying into this crap?

Man I'm glad I dropped out of any and all assfaggots years ago.

Even if they didn't it's as simple as making a bot farm to buy and cancel this shit constantly and use edited data to fool investors.

If the people were giving reviews and opinions like "THIS GAME HAS RIGGED MICROTRANSACTIONS, DON'T BUY IT, I'M REFUNDING RIGHT NOW" "BOYCOTT GAME X" "DEVELOPERS, REMOVE THIS AT ONCE OR WE DON'T BUY THEM GAME" then it would work.
I know, I am unrealistically asking for too much out of dumb shit normalfaggots with "wow! if I pay for this gun/item/character I will own!" mentality.

It makes me really wonder what the hell is wrong with people, those shekel grab schemes exist because they really seem to enjoy falling for this miserable shit.

Maybe they want to display their tolerance, consolidation and respect for the semitic people by doing it.

They're like birds, gazing at glimmering objects in the grass, their first instinct is to dive headfirst to grab it as fast as possible.
No thought behind it, nothing. They just rush straight ahead and try to catch it.

Shoo shoo digit jew.

THE GOYIM KNOW
SHUT IT DOWN

They are just mindless NPCs doing what they are told to do.

No. Vidya is now taken over by the same people who run Hollywood. People with no talents beyond marketing. They treat consumers like addicts, knowing normalfags will buy vidya anyways, so their job is to make each retard spend more and more on each product. They don't care about the quality of a game since their metrics say, rightly, that it doesn't matter. Faced with two piles of shit, people will buy one anyways.

Anyone remember when that suit wanted to charge people a dollar for every reload they did if he could? This is probably the closest thing he can get to it. Honestly I can't be mad or surprised, this is a pretty smart way to make a ton of money. And despite numerous warnings, these retards keep feeding this company to the point where things end up like they do now. Now Sony is looking to get it's cut of the pie with even more microtransactions.

Not only is this inherently gambling, their behavior is going to get the government involved and ALL of this shit will be listed as either illegal or require gambling regulations/taxation. We’re fucking winning.

This is an entirely new level of “You don’t own nothing, goyim.” This is you NOT OWNING ANYTHING (watching someone pay real mone for digital guns) not owning anything (paying real money for digital guns). YOU… YOU… DOUBLE KIKE.

Actually, no; it’s three layers because it’s not real money. Federal Reserve Notes are piece of cloth that have no intrinsic value.
TRIPLE KIKERY.

I just want it to end. I want it all to go up in nuclear hellfire. I want post apocalypse, so we can hunt down all the people who deserve death without repercussion.

Oh shame!

Remember that if martial law is declared–or we have another Carrington Event, or there is a even just localized upheaval–it is up to you to know the names and addresses of your local jews (and nonwhites) so that you can do what must be done. Because you can’t fucking rely on the police or military to do it.

Give an inch and they'll take it to a mile that you can't predict.

These liberals’ hubris will be their undoing. Self-driving cars are a “success” because they never test outside of California weather. They can’t drive in snow, fog, heavy rain, or on unmarked roads. Electric cars are a “success” because of treasonous government lobbying and subsidies, as well as never being tested outside California weather. Li-ion batteries HATE the cold. The little California bubble they all live in will pop very soon.

Remember that with minimal effort you can turn tf2 boxes and drops into internationally recognized currencies
Something overcuck or any other game doesn't have.
t. sold a super rare shiny weapon for decent-quality paper with numbers and faces of famous people on it

Turns out once you remove all religion people don't become brain surgeons or astronauts, instead they worship a corporate entity and believe in black cats crossing the road as a premonition.
lessons to be learned.

Like in Vanquish?

You're too optimistic. There was a push for regulation and it fizzled out fairly quickly.
The legality of lootboxes question is already falling out of the short attention of normalfags. It's going to become the norm in all AAA games, just like DLC, season passes, preorder locked content, and other cancerous shit. Anons tried having the lootboxes are/aren't gambling debate here and most here went full "no step on snek!", as if laws regulating anti-consumer business practices are inherently a bad thing because gubberment.

Gaming is fucked, well AAA gaming at least. Normalfags seem to begin losing interest in videogames now and kids don't give a shit about videogames either.

No wonder these games keep losing players, they think this makes people want to play harder, but since they're targeting normalfags with this, they'll just straight up quit.

Fucking genius, great job you dumb assholes fucking hell this is fucking retarded.

Do they seriously think people will play their shit game if they LOSE all the time? fucking hell

Seriously, even the normalfags are wising up to this shit, they're targeting whales at this point.

This is mobile phone game strategy and they're losing players on giant budget games, it doesn't end well for them. The more cash they spend the less return they get, and they can't get returns on low budget games in the first place because they've set the standard pretty high for photorealism, so while an indie can get away with it, they can't.

This whole microtransaction business is a method not for making money, but for SURVIVAL. Think about that. That's why every game AAA has to have some sort of money grab that targets long term players, they're not selling enough to make bank, that's how bad this has gotten for them.

And they've dug themselves a grave long term, just do as you do and speak out against their practices and don't buy their shit. If you're somehow working for these people don't try to make it better if you can, make it WORSE. That's the point they're at right now, they can only go down from here and they know it.

this comic came out in 2005.

What else could they make with this goddamn game other to come up with more cancer? Its the same shit we played in 2003.

Even if the game was fun to play I doubt Norm L. Faggot would bother wasting time to grind out all the microstransactions when he can back to the other skinnerbox he already spent hundreds of hours on.

When it comes to loot boxes, consumers literally are addicts.

The whales will provide. They made Destiny highly profitable despite being a shitshow and they're doing the same for Destiny 2 despite it selling about quarter as much and Destiny 2 reuses a ton of assets. They are continuing make games profitable regardless of playerbase fluctuation, something previous games could not. That's good for investors.

Complaining about lootboxes is racist and misogynistic you alt-right scum.
Saying lootboxes are bad is like raping a beautiful womyn like me.

Unless its clearly broken that any retard can succeed with just copying the fags gear is pointless if you don't understand what he is is doing why he is doing it
The retards will just go out and unknowingly buy the low-mid level shit because they got rolled over by some faggot using it

It doesn't matter if they play, it matters is if they buy. You know how Steam makes bank on sales and you often hear about people with giant libraries of games they'll never even try let alone complete? Same principle. You hear how people rushed through Destiny 2 and got to non-existent endgame quickly. That's why Destiny 2's active playbase suddenly dropped off. All those people still bought the game and many of them bought loads of microtransactions. The playerbase will spike for every major DLC and fall again. Then during every major DLC they'll have larger promotions for all microtransactions and lootboxes and make record profits again.

I missed this but surprised we have that many lolbergs still, would have thought between fascists, natsocs, and even the commies, they would have outnumbered the lolbergs.

What a brilliant, bright future we have in store.

I don't think you read the full OP, when they cough up the money to buy the gear they then get intentionally matched against worse players so they can win more easily.

The argument was most often that having lootboxes regulated by state or country gambling laws would allow the government to control the content of the game. The counter argument is that business model =/= content. Then the argument is that business models have a direct effect on the content of the game. So my question is this: What positive effect on the content of a game do lootboxes have?

I didn't even notice he was black at first because I was so surprised that there are achievements for watching lootboxes being opened.

Please tell me this isn't real.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm… /ourdevs/?

So there is P2W system that is in reality not P2W. You are paying for better items but in reality it means you will eventually get matched with low level noobs that will destroy your game.
Hell it means for progressing without paying you will get raped in the ass solely for having any good items, skins or whatever.
We can also be sure more developers are using similar system.

Me not giving any money to games with paid loot ever again. Unless it has some trading, stable economy and shit.

Well, in the campaign you get saved by a female french spy. I know there was some but I'm not sure the one in the campaign is based off any real life version since her name doesnt' match any of the known ones. I guess more accurate than black nazi's.

This is very good. Activision makes horrible fucking trash and no sane person will play their games + normalfags will understand sooner how shit like this is devil's idea.

Normalfags already shit on lootboxes, such decisions by AAA devs will only speed up the crash

What the fuck.

So how long until weapons and items are handled like Counterstrike but with real money via in-game currency? I could totally see a F2P FPS or ASSFAGGOTS coming out in the next five years that let you pay IRL small change to upgrade your weapons in the beginning instead of earning them later on - have most weapons and accessories cost literal pennies (maybe a grand total of $0.15/round on average) but give the players options to drop some serious dosh for certain weapons/skins/taunts/etc. and reward them for doing so with a cash-back program and bulk discounts along with constant, long-term rewards for heavier spenders and a small cash bonus (based on how much you spend and your perfomance) for winning the match so that players are incentivized to buy items to win so they can save money on more items later. This seems like it could be a very efficient treadmill.

Regulation can't solve this, it's the same as regulating piracy, no one actually involved is unhappy about this, neither the person producing the content or the person consuming it (if people are unhappy about it, then they just wont buy it). It'd be a victimless crime and you're forcing other people who don't believe in your value system to follow it. Only when people are taught to have some self respect will companies like Activision stop rolling in money.

Though, I really feel like that video is stretching it, the dastardly part of the patent is engineering the matchmaking to condition people into buying micro transactions, sounds like all Activision is doing in this case is taking loot boxes, the skinnerbox system in session based multiplayer games, and trying to make it more social. It's silly and asinine, but it's not fundamentally evil.

So?

other MMOs did that shit already, when a player obtained a rare item from a lockbox, there was a message all over the channel/server
"xXxNaruSaskeF466ster888xXx obtained Sword of Thousand Fuckyous skin" and such

In states with gambling regulations children aren't allowed to gamble and it's a 21+ thing becuase kids are stupid and fall prey easily to predatory business practices like this, turning them into future whales that will bankrupt themselves for skins. Those are your victims. A meth addict doesn't have to be unhappy with consuming meth to be a victim of addiction. You can say adults are stupid too, but that isn't going to make people remove the AoC or literally any other age restriction based purely on "maturity". The point is that there's a much less likely probability of becoming addicted at older less impressionable ages.

Wew lad. Pirates and priate distributors are not giant public companies milking you for every shekel you have. They are third party entities. If regulations were put in place, AAA companies would be forced to comply or face major and expensive lawsuits. They can't just hide behind 7 proxies.

The oldest of the 4 Warner Brothers was also born in Poland, and yes they were Jews.

I thought there were only two Warner brothers and one Warner sister?

It's worse that that. Kiketivision filed another patent for overlaying the targeted transaction on your screen during the killcam so that you can buy it in-game in the heat of the moment.

I fucking called it too, when everyone was discussing ways it could possibly get worse, I knew they were going to push the impulse buy by encouraging you to either buy the weapon the guy who killed you was using - or buying an item that provides a defense from the weapon they are using.

This is far from the bottom of the barrel. They're just getting started. Next up, DISCOUNTS! Limited time offers! Bundle and Save microtransaction packs! Keep the fucking pressure on.

And after that… credit lines! This one might be a bit tricky, but I'm sure there's a way to allow the cattle to purchase microtransactions and in-game currencies in the heat of the moment with a differed payment plan which only charges your credit card a portion of your balance with the company each month. This also allows Blizzard/Whoever to charge their own interest rates on in-game currency… so that you can pay interest on game purchases which you made with a card that you have to pay interest on.

Quadruple kikery!

those libcucks are trying to grab our digital guns!

Holy shit I know we have gone beyond parody and satire for quite some time now but I still need to adjust.

Can you argue your point without pearl clutching, also surely it's a good thing retarded parents are losing their money?

Perhaps i'll see something more Jewish then this game. Probably not though.

You underestimate the Jew.

it's not sustainable.You don't even have the power to force laws on the majority. And even if you did, all it would take is for someone else to have more power than you and then you're fucced. That's why we (or used to, before people started using the law to push their business or personal agenda) base laws on universal axioms like property damage.

How would you stop people from selling games to children? Would you require a license to sell videogames? Would you require that every time someone sells a game, they have to report what they sold, the address, date of birth, and full name of the person they sold it to? How would you even describe the predatory practices in question so that it's not a coin toss whether or not what a company does is illegal? How would you define a framework for this to be expanded (you'll have to as companies move to new techniques of tricking the shit out of people)? How will you stop that from then becoming a weapon for lobbyists? You're comparing a brick and mortar industry which has been largely unchanged for what may be thousands of years and has some form of regulation baked into almost every modern civilization, to videogames. Which have been around for probably fifty years, and don't even have a medium of regulations, hell they don't even exist in physical form. Most of the people in public office have probably never even played a game so who is even going to make these regulations?

Morally it's the same, antipiracy is publishers saying that two voluntary parties transferring data to eachother shouldn't be allowed to do that. Here you're saying that two voluntary parties transfering data to eachother shouldn't be allowed to do that, you could get bent out of shape over the fact that this involves money while piracy may sometimes not directly involve money but if you do you're missing the point that this is still a gross invasion of peoples' personal lives. You're also saying that as if regulations haven't been the number one tool that international companies have used to hold their monopoly vs new businesses for the last two hundred years.

it has chain reactions that cause other other problems in society that aren't worth letting it happen in the first place. like jonestown sure you had a bunch of retards drink the koolaid and die but now you have the cleanup and trying to encourage others not to stress your emergency service budget doing similar retard things. my buddy has gone to casinos that have fucking suicide checks in the hotels and are relieved to hear you're smoking weed in the room and not killing yourself

Wahrlich. Ein Jude unter den Juden.

To double down on that, make weapon/item acquisitions reset after a certain point. Maybe make a game around some sort of short episodic theme and then every time a new episode comes out make players grind for new kit or just buy it outright. You could also tie in an element of randomness to it - if someone gets a legendary item or something from a crate and then kills you with it, you have to pay more to get it versus a more common item. And of course, you still need to have lootcrate-only items to keep people buying lootcrates. For even more shekels, set up some sort of in-game auction house and take a percentage commission on top of adding a subscription service that offers subscribers a discount on item purchases.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that lootboxes are gambling and should fall under the same regulations as other gambling types.

That his is gambling as well and should be regulated too. I don't give a fuck what excuses come up with, lootboxes are predatory bullshit that benefits nobody but the company and we are allowing them to raise generations of gambling addicts and whales. Call it pearl clutching if you want but this shit is fucking wrong on so many levels.

you can at least exchange baseball cards with others, no such thing for lootboxes

With gambling there's the chance to leave with more money than you had. There's no such chance with video games.

Casinos actively hunt down people that count cards. You can't even hedge your bets because those kikes do not want you to win. Might as burn the money, more chance of accomplishing something that way.

Regulation is not the answer. You're going to have to police videogames like nothing you could even imagine to have a hope in hell of being able to catch even a slim minority of these cases. It'll be incredibly expensive, incredibly invasive, and more likely than not, it's going to target the totally wrong people because "lootboxes" isn't specific or exhaustive enough to make actual laws out of.

Just give an AO rating to any game that includes lootboxes and microtransactions. Problem solved.

Damn. That'd be devastating.

You have to be an adult to gamble, so I fail to see why games with gambling shouldn't be subjected to the same shit. If they want to kike it up they are free to do so.

Can you argue any age restriction gambling laws without bringing up muh children? What I want is equal application of existing gambling laws to this form of gambling, with the added side benefit of making shit like lootboxes untenable for triplayyy. They should not get to sidestep the law.

Don't need to. When lootbox shit is rated 21+, either it will stop, or the stigma around higher age ratings will be forced out. I highly doubt the latter will happen.
That takes some working out and deliberation. Being able to pay money for the uncertain outcome of recieving goods and/or services. Buyable fake currency that allows you to this should fall under this as well. Being guaranteed to receive some goods and/or services with the probability of more/better goods/services should fall under this. I can't give you a perfect definition off the top of my head. A proper defintion will be refined by the edge cases that are brought up and whether or not the arguements for or against them being gambling are stronger.
Nothing can be stopped from becoming a weapon of lobbyists. The only way to do that is to go full ancap, which would only make predatory practices like this worse.
If I put porn in a videogame, it is pornography. Pornography has existed for just as long if not longer. Putting it in a videogame does not change what it is. If I put false advertising (lying about a something in a trade, something people have been doing since before snake oil salesmen or any equivalent phrase existed in any langauge) in a game by lying about say, the stats of a purchasble weapon or the probability of a lootbox drop, is it suddenly legal because it's in a game and not a 30 second blurb commercial or on a physical product packaging?
See other illegal or regulated business practices such as false advertising. The medium is unimportant, like with free speech. What's important here is the business practice.
People like Scalia.

Way to entirely dodge my point. I don't care that they're morally similar to you. You said it can't be regulated in the same way piracy can not be regulated, and that is false for the reason I stated in the post you responded to.
How so. We make it an illegal business practice. Target the companies, not the consumers. Nothing good comes from targeting the consumers anyways.
I'm sorry the whole world isn't ancap enough for you. What your saying here is that regulations are inherently bad because they can be misused. You like your guns? You gonna listen when some liberal faggot says people shouldn't have guns because they can be misused?

That's already happening. GTA Online does this all the time.

Been happening for a long time, just about every thing that has microtransactions run discounts and limited offers.

This is ultimately what I want. Gambling laws range from being illegal to 21+. It won't stop anyone from buying anything but Vidya would be forced to set new age ratings above 18+, destroying the age rating stigma of 18+ games and thus creating a push for greater creative freedom from developers that have high rated games and are shooting for that 17+ mark. Alternatively, and most likely, they cut that lootbox shit out. Another possibility, though the most unlikely, is that it starts a wave of reforms that loosen gambling laws. May not necessarily help vidya, but there could be less harsh regulations on gambling across the board.

haha, no.

What happened in Vegas?

Wow, really? en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Las_Vegas_shooting

Do this bit by bit because there's just too much to talk about to hit every point with any amount of depth, and not end up rambling.
Do you mean introduce a state law to rate it 21+ ie. incorporate ESRB into state law, or adding it to the list of things that classify something under ESRB 21+/AO as it is now?

What does the shooting, using guns that were already illegal, have to do with gambling regulations? I thought you meant there was something to do with gambling regulations changing there.

It would have to be state law. The ESRB is backed by the games industry itself which will of course cut corners for itself far easier than any lobbying would. Game companies would send state gambling commissions, that already monitor gambling, information about their game. They wouldn't be required to actually play games, just look at all the ways real money can be spent in a game as listed by the company getting their game checked. The ESRB doesn't play games either.

That doesn't bring in quite enough shekels though. A mediocre game you can pay to make less mediocre is better than a good game right out of the box.

gambling is implicated as a cause

How much further can we go? I cant even imagine how this shit will evolve 10 years from now unless the government crack it as a form of gambling

No… you don't want to piss people off with limited licenses just yet. After all, once games go all digital - and all systems are x86 based - there's going to be zero reason to not have everything forward compatible. How are you going to sell shitty new games if people can just play their old stuff? How are you going to sell remasters if you don't cut people off from their entire libraries every 5 years?

The obvious answer is limited license purchases. You buy the game once for $60, and then require customers to pay another $5 for each game every 4~5 years in order to renew their licenses.

If Sony were smart, they'd funnel some of their profits back into either rebuilding Sony Music - or buying a shell company as a diversion - then licensing their music and assets from themselves - at which point they can deny a renewal of those licenses. Which means they're not authorized to renew the user licenses on games you previously bought, forcing you to either abandon the game to oblivion or buy the "Remastered" version.

Don't actually go and give the kikes more shitty ideas, one of them might be reading this thread RIGHT NOW

dubs for truth

I see you are a disciple in the ways of the shekel.

this guy is the same class of asian as ProZD. don't they sound alike?

It was always about money, but it used to be that customers were smart enough to only give their money to fun things, which made fun a requirement for profit. Not anymore.

Merely by the shooting happening there, or are you suggesting there's been evidence that the shooter was a heavy gambler?

There's a difference between a little text buried in the constantly scrolling chat log, and actually seeing the loot box being opened in full 3D with the sparkly special effects and fanfare, as if it were your own, but it's not.

If you frame it right, not enough people will be pissed off. Make some action game with 8-week or 12-week "episodes" with different settings (think Timesplitters) that are basically a hub world, an infinite set of progressively generated instances/zones, a few hard-ish endgame raids with high-end PvP gear and then arena combat that allows gear from all episodes. When one episode ends, don't cut it off, but push your support to the new content. Let people still play the older stuff but basically remove the incentive to do so by adding new tiers of PvP gear every time you release a new episode. People will buy PvE gear to earn PvP gear.

if you have taste you are safe from this

Goys, how about…loot box games? Buy our game for the cheap, cheap price of 10 dollars, and you just MIGHT get our AAA epic, meme-filled, inclusive, woman-empowering game for 10 dollars! If not, you'll still get fantastic rewards like a voice track, or a song jingle, or one illustration or wallpaper! You might even get a hilarious feature like Big Head Mode or Rainbow Blood mode, for only 10 dollars!
But don't worry, if you purchase the physical version, you'll have this very same fun, thrilling roulette!

Konami really didn't know what they're doing, the whole vidya industry is turning into a giant pachinko parlor and they're checking out.

You just described GOG Pinatas.

Is this how the crash will happen? A few whales commit suicide after running out of credit and the whole industry falls?

For God's sake. At this rate, casinos in Las Vegas and feathernigger casinos will have "family-friendly" casinos where they'll plop children and teens to gamble for skins and weapons, and send them to their accounts.

Oh God, please don't tell me that's already happening.

This is going to make the mad money on the screamers.

My younger brother used to always pick whatever character I would beat him with in fightan vidya after I won with them, resulting in a situation where I would have to travel the entire roster to avoid playing the same character against each other which I've never liked for some reason.

Very early on before everything was made by giant publishers it was both about making money and making something they could be proud of having created. This was when the people running the company were designers themselves, now the ones running it have marketing and finance backgrounds so they care about nothing but revenue, its all garbage to them regardless.

Welcome to gatcha shit except with just pozz, literally aping Japan at this point.

I guess this was the whole idea of pushing gaming into mainstream and declaring "Gamers are dead". Just to open it up to jew the fuck out of people,

That's literally what kikes do, destroy, subvert and kike.

This is actually funny as to how horrifically incorrect, cancerous and bullshit its become.

We are beyond parody.

So now they have Activision employees infiltrate the game and get better items in front of everyone.

You don't want to know the answer.

t goy

TF2 isn't an improvement you nigger loving cuck.

Good goy you're at the top of the food chain.

Your younger brother didn't have access to a credit card.

No.

The same "people" that buy fidget spinners, Overcuck and Minions t-shirts. The resource known as soulless cattle isn't going to change anything at all during what tomorrow's few historians will call an Era of Decadence.

Want me to post the old 8/v/ steam group's screenshot featuring a couple dozen hardcore \v\ros playing Fallout4©?

Support the (((video game industry))) and remember to preorder limited edition lootboxes while you're watching esports.

But if you use the govmint to force others to do something instead of convincing them to change, thanks to more regulations which the kikes certainly won't avoid, you'll fix everything that's wrong with the video game industry.

Stop overestimating the willpower of shabbos goyim. You'll see GAMER GIRL streamers along with youtube ecelebs who literally dindu nuffin opening lootboxes while asking for donations and you'll have their fans come to Holla Forums after (((someone))) unironically links the thread in a youtube comment or on twitch just to post stuff along the lines of "Greetings from Germany. NTRLORD1337 isn't that bad he may be 300 pounds and does nothing but exist on welfare/twitch donations and open lootboxes, but I know the guy and he has a big heart :)".

If anyone was wondering, 4 hour campaign.

Remember when CoD set in WW2 was good and was built around its singleplayer?

why don't they just make movies?

no? it was always built around trip wire enemy spawns, erratically behaving AI that spawned in infinitely and a few gimmicky set pieces. 1, 2 3, 4, 5, 6-12 all have very similarly designed single player campaigns. They really haven't changed much.

Big deal, goystein has 4h cutscenes and 2h of gameplay.

You think that's bad? Wokenstein 2: Electric Boogaloo and the Nu-Cuck Loss Edits is also 6 1/2 hours long. 3 1/2 hours are cutscenes. A journo said 6 hours is impressive.

Ahahaha oh WOW.

Activision is rubbing right up against internet gambling laws here.

Humble monthly works in a similar way ($12 monthly subscription for a bunch of "mystery" games) but at least they reveal the main game in the bundle before you subscribe. It's pretty much the same idea as loot crate.

test

The next step from "this game is doing it" is to "this industry is doing it." There you go.

The Germans on the western front in CoD:WW2 use the Soviet PPSh-41.
Wew lad.

Because a movie costs $12 to see in theaters and $20 to buy on disc and own forever. A game costs $60 initially, plus loot box profits.

Your WebM quality is pretty low due to VP8/Vorbis, here's an example of what you can do with VP9/Opus via ffmpeg. Normally I'd go for a lower resolution at these bitrates but I wanted to get more of an apples to apples comparison. I used -speed 2 to encode a little faster too but the quality loss versus -speed 1 should be minimal.

Hey, that's pretty good. How much time it took you to render?

With the -speed 2 setting I was just under a real time encode, so like 7 mins or something. Would have taken longer if I had kept the video at 60fps but OP didn't do that either so again was matching like for like.

All you have to do is to use two-pass encoding, jesus christ it's not rocket science.

…when micro-transactions became the thinking man's fetish.

the problem is that its gonna infect games that you like too because $$$

they don't care if the numbers drop as long as trust fund kids blow hundreds of bucks on lootboxes

No one would give a shit unless they were someone ultra famous.

>Tfw tf2 did lootboxes right and literally everyone else is incapable of being a shithead about it

Pretty soon it'll just be on par with how the old Korean grinding games went. I remember playing this really, really fun game. S4 League iirc. Super fun gameplay, skill based third person shooter with some kind of crazy sports theme.

Fuckin absolutely amazing until they added cash shop items that would literally make it impossible for someone to win against you unless they also had those items. The game died shortly after.

A way to do loot boxes in a reasonably uncorrupted way is to have all the possible loot be of roughly equal value, with approximately the same chance of appearing. And if the loot boxes cost real money, then none of the items should give the player a tangible advantage over other players in competitive gameplay. But then people wouldn't have any real incentive to buy them, since there wouldn't be a stupidly slim chance at some ultra-rare dildo. That's why people buy them in the first place. It's like playing scratch offs.

retard.
The way you do lootboxes Good is you have the stupid benis dickfuck glowshit while still having a plain alternative to it obtainable by players, I mean even now the TF2 Team doesn't Totally do it as well since they were made to add cases and shit with limited cosmetics the somewhat upside to this is like 99% of case cosmetics are awful and or Low Value.
An Unusual Strange Professional Killstreak Decorated Skin Scattergun is not needed to enjoy tf2, but retards with too much money can PAY to try and get one.
They even have ALL the mvm tours playable for free.

Isn't that was CoDWW2 is doing? I thought all of this "watch people open loot boxes" shit was a vehicle to get people to buy more lootboxes of cosmetics.

Pretty sure there's limited weapons

Must be true because of the quads. Shit, I thought it was just making your guns purple.

I don't know about CoDWW2, but there are already lots of games with lootbox items that give huge advantages to players. Especially in the Freemium Korean MMOs. They totally embraced the lootbox idea.

It always start with the "it's just cosmetic items, you retard" and then a few months later they add weapons variants and new weapons that you can't unlock via xp progression.
It happened in Black Ops 3 and Modern Warfare Remastered.

Yeah, about that…

CoD bleeds users since MW3 and this seems a desperate cashgrab to cover the lost ones: problem is CoD is still a big franchise, voting with your wallet doesn't work and there are enough fanboy to actually defend this insane bullshit.
For how bad it is to says,the best hope is people stop being naive fucking idiots and don't buy into it and get angry about it. Or,and we are scraping the bottom of the barrel, hope that it stays contained.

The only correct way to do lootboxes is to triangulate the IP of the transaction and then murder the buyer in his sleep.

black cats have been a thing for a while user, pagan poles used to throw black cats off bridges to ward off evil spirits, romans used to sacrifice black cats to the inferi and black cats were sacred to the egyptians.

but youre right about everything else, we have abandoned bibles and idols for corporations and economic Molochs

Black Nazis were perfectly legit, but only in Africa where they were recruited locally.

Back when GoG still stood for Good Old Games this actually wouldn't have been too bad a deal, the only shit games were part of a series collection bundled with something good.

No, two-pass encoding (which I used, not sure about OP) is not the fucking same as using VP9 and Opus you retarded faggot.

They tried, but the kike who own Hollywood were outkiking the newkikes, so they fucked off back to videogames. The best they can manage is to license the rights to their games IP to Hollywood for them to destroy in the interest of mass market appeal.

the retard masses and kids who enable this jewry deserve to be gassed

I became so numb

You realize there used to be unironic Overwatch threads here, right?

Yes, it is. Governments can sustain themselves through force for centuries.

Just vote with your wallet bro. Surely millions of normalfags will follow your example and starve those kikes to death.

Why'd you add in the yongyea shit?

"Vote with your wallet" was probably coined by some kike wanting to discourage negative discussion of his scam. Still, as loudly as we could yell from the rooftops about this shit, normalfags have to actually get hurt by bad market practices before they are dissuaded from making purchases. For every 10 people we convince not to spend 60 dollars on it, 1 guy will spend over 600 dollars on it. Even a complete piece of shit like Lawbreakers can suss out those people, no surprise the latest Call of Duty published by the masters of hand-wringing.

It's the same thing across all entertainment. They want to spend relatively less making products, meaning lower quality, or take any shortcuts they can, meaning pandering, SJW-bait, and anti-piracy. Less and less people go to see the latest Star Wars or buy the latest Battlefront game, but in turn they are charging nearly double for the same experience. Revenge of the Sith made 380 million in box office, compared to 936 million from The Force Awakens. But average ticket prices rose from 4 bucks to 10 bucks between those two movies. Meaning the market is not actually growing, only giving an illusion that Star Wars is bigger and better than ever.

They want to raise the price of games, but can't go past the 60 dollar price point set by consumers, since its still a pretty large amount. So they mitigate that into DLC, season passes, microtransactions, and now loot boxes. Pay 1.99 to gamble for a chance to get some digital item that will give you an ingame advantage over people who are stingy and only spend 60 dollars. And they are spending less and less on developing games, while making more from digital sales thanks to cut costs on distribution and third-party vendors.

And the best part is, they can mitigate the problem with redditors. Simply say "its optional, you can earn the lootboxes" and normalfags suddenly switch off the part of their brain that learned the hard way that Pay-to-win was bad in the last decade, and they go back to being good goyim. Grind for an hour for 100k in gta bucks, or spend 7.25 and get a shark card worth 500k.

All we can do is keep playing good games and let normalfags get burnt.

NichBoy and Hex just love loot boxes; they can't see what the fuss is all about…

I hate modern games

Lootboxes for costmetics are just as bad. It's a business model from F2P korean MMOs, only with the ability to buy things individually removed and added to a fully priced game.

Remember that games used to just have cosmetics you earned for free in game. Not something you paid extra money for.

The best thing you can do (IMO) is mockery.
People are less keen to buy, if it means they'll end up a meme about how people playing those sort of games are temperamental children who can't handle loss SO MUCH- they have to pay to win.
Make OC and spread it. Anti-advertising almost.

How about you remake that webm without the autistic music?

Not very imaginative. You buy the game (for normal game price) and get the opportunity to buy packs with ingame currency only. Or you get much more generous free currency/packs (like Gwent). Or you buy a whole expansion/season of new cards.

Keke at the blonde pretending to think

TF2 was just as bad, and I can explain why very simply. The character designs of TF2 characters were made in such a way that they can be identifiable at a glance, due to their silhouettes alone. Add on top of that all the cosmetic bullshit, the hats and so on, and it removes a core feature of the game.

OY VEY

Because it will never spread and evolve into something uncontrollable, until you start to be scammed.

Is this next level cucking?

>not on skill but what you've won bought

Yes, this whole "Cosmetics don't effect the experience" shit is a sham. It's ultimate end is that you buy a game that only runs in 480p and can buy a lootbox with a small chance of "upgrading the cosmetics to HD 720p" and an infinitesimal chance of 4K. Even just skins can effect the probability of you being noticed in multiplayer. Cosemtics often directly effect gameplay and even when they don't, it's still part of the experience. When you buy a game, you're not buying the raw mechanics. You're buying the whole package: mechanics/gameplay, music, visuals, story. All these things come together to make the experience. People are arguing that because gameplay is unique to games, that it's okay to cut out other little bits. Imagine you're playing Devil May Cry, but Dante has a much shittier outfit by default ugly and boring. The only way to unlock what would be the intended outfit that helps set the proper badass tone for the game is through lootboxes. You see how this waters down the overall experience? You could apply this to everything: Weapons, enemies, the enviroment, etc. Paying for cosmetics isn't just a sign of future cancer, it is a cancer in and of itself.

Who honestly gives a shit? Just play the multiplayer and don't buy the extra shit. Are plebs really that worried about cosmetics that have no value outside of a game mode that they throw down shekels for it?

Pretty sure this is buying weapons, not skins.

Please learn how to encode in VP9. This quality is atrocious.

Video from twitter:
twitter.com/hechimabushi/status/927167519529484290

This here. Modern gaming is in a very dark place. Aside from just this nickle and jew stuff, the (absolute) state of game discs upon shipping ensures that you wont be able to enjoy physical games when the patch servers go down.

I hope our hacker bros are working on a way to patch the games when everybody has a jailbroken PS3.

Wew.

HOLY SHIT! YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS! NO WAY THEY WERE THAT FUCKING STUPID!

I might as well ask, can you drop loot boxes on afk players, and kill them?

Only if the killed player watches a cam of the aftermath with the option of buying whatever was in that loot box.

Do you mean Team Fortress 2, or Titanfall 2?

Titanfall 2 has loot boxes, they're called Advocates Gifts. You get them every couple of levels, or by winning in the 1v1 coliseum game mode. The only things you can get from them are camo patterns or icons for your profile, sometimes an execution animation. Can't buy em with real money, but you can buy most of the contents with the in-game currency that you get every time you finish a game.

It's an interesting situation, because while a lot of people are happy with how they are, some have clamored for things such as a fancier opening animation (there currently is none) or a greater variety in what you can get out of them.

pot calling the kettle black tbh

What am I looking at here?

Nothing new.

They should add a booby-trap supply drop.

Player losing a lootbox due to activision.

The ultimate cucking experience: you're in a backpack and you watch a black guy open your loot box in front of everyone.

most things up until this point werent so bad.
i wonder if ive said this before

im not sure why youre webm'ing this. this isnt something id be ashamed to give a view to, its informative.

That's basically every Asian Counter-Strike knockoff. Speaking of CS, that's kinda where I found that screencap in my earlier post.

Pleb

Oh is that what happened. I thought the guy running towards the box activated it before the one who called it opened the box.

Only because you asked no nicely.

*so nicely.

Christ, now he's trying to spread the infection.

There are fates worse than death.

You'd think they'd realize halloween is over.

I don't think it's just an isolated yet overwhelming population of normalfags that are doing this. I'm very sure there are anons who have done this especially if you looked in the Warframe threads or on Steam where 500+ backlogged games in a library is "normal". Especially when "support the devs", "vote with your wallet", piracy scare was in consumer culture.

What? Were you previously under the fucking assumption that the phrase was only used figuratively or something?

Well done faggot.

It's gotten to the point where I don't know anymore what I hate most out of season passes, lootboxes, and nintendo's gay little toys. The only games I can even stand to play now are the rare ones that give you the whole game right away. It's all there. No DLC, no toys, no lootboxes. Anything else, no matter how good it supposedly is, I just have no willpower to play it.

It was always used figuratively, even by that other user. "Pay 2 Win" in regards to shooters typically means that a player can use real currency to purchase a weapon that is significantly more powerful than common/free weapons, thus giving that player an advantage. However, said advantage does not guarantee that he will win every game with that paid weapon, though his chances of doing so are greater. A literal Pay 2 Win system would suggest that a player can simply pay money to outright win a game whenever he wants, which of course is completely ludicrous even in Current Year.

2018 will be the year of legal regulation against lootboxes.

I want to believe

Things like this can't live long thankfully, they're like cyclops babies.

This needs to stop.
**>captcha is qucks
wew**

That's the future, make the PtW fags the exemplars of their ethos and tempt/lure retards into buying into their shit to beat/become them. As usual it'l be retards and kids ruining their parent's credit.

I think that goes without saying.

Thatr's a new level of bullshit but YongYea is a dumb faggot that doesn't play video games.

He makes Destiny 2's shaders seem as bad a Battlefront 2's bullshit.

That's the most historically accurate thing in the picture.

Nani?!

all powered by the autism of rottenredditor

Annnnnd it's gone.

That guy needs to get into a fire.

That already happens in mobile games. Want to play? Wait 10+ minutes or play now for only 50 points, which just so happen to cost $1.99!

THIS IS FUCKING JEWISH!!!

I think it has something to do with the faggoty killstreak system. I think.

Fucking what!?! Tell me this is fake. Jesus Christ Activision your jew is showing.

Do people really think that introducing regulations in video games are the solution to this?

You poor, naive fool.

Nod an arguebend :^)