Xbox thread

I'm trying to follow this guide to mod my Xbox, but I can't get it to inject the Softmod Installer Deluxe folders, I have to do it one file at a time. This would be okay, but I can't rename folders to the proper names, so there's still a problem.
Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? Also, general Xbox thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/chtVn
lenkeng.net/Index/detail/id/49
videogameperfection.com/products/open-source-converter/
xboxdrives.x-pec.com/?p=list
amazon.com/Verbatim-2GB-USB-Flash-Drive/dp/B003O2S080
amazon.com/HDE-Computer-Drive-Interface-Adapter/dp/B008X8NK0I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Never mind, it seems that it suddenly Just Werks(tm).
Xbox thread anyway.

Never mind again, it seems it was a fluke. Any ideas short of "break the console" or "kill yourself" are welcome.

Man, the huegbox has some great games. Still worth owning the system.

Alright, I got it working but I have one more question. Do I use "Hacked Dash / Softmod Menu" or "Hacked Dash / MS Dash"? I'm assuming the latter, but I wanna be sure.

OP you're a lazy fuck

Here's something you'll never see again, and not just because TechTV is long dead. Can you imagine a major television channel putting on a show with a segment that advocates after a weaksauce disclaimer modding your console hardware - including telling you exactly what you need, the names of the components/software, and a general idea of where to find them.

The Jews and their army of lawyers would have a feeding frenzy.

Part 2 from the next day's show

Good doubledubs.
That being said, PLEASE SOMEONE GIVE ME A DOWNLOAD TO CHIMP. THE FIRST TIME I TRIED IT IT GAVE ME A LINUX APP INSTEAD, THE SECOND TIME I TRIED IT GAVE ME A NTSC/PAL SWITCH THING INSTEAD, AND 2.4 DOESN'T EVEN WORK WITH COMPONENT CABLES OR SOME SHIT. I BEG OF YOU, HELP ME

Update, I got it working but I think I fucked it up. While using Chimp, I thought A was to toggle options, like which partitions I want to clone. I only cloned C and E, the default ones. Did I fuck myself over on space?

Update again. Turns out it thought the DVD drive was still plugged in every time I got that far, so to make a long story short:
I'm at the end of my rope here, can I finally be spoonfed or do I have to just trial and error it?

The closest I got it to work
>at least I can now see that it's freezing on "loading" like yours is
>give up, bust out my XboxHDM with the eeprom burnt on the disc, use that with an old computer to format a bigger drive, plug it in and FTP some games
>shed a tear for wasting an entire Saturday trying to do it the easier way

Whens that emulator Microsoft promised?
archive.is/chtVn

Is this really cost effective? I completed my Xbox collection yesterday with my last 4 games. Meaning, games I like that perform best on Xbox, and the final batch was Brute Force ($3), Rallysport Challenge 2 ($2), Panzer Dragoon Orta ($10), and Black ($7). I'm not a fucking price encyclopedia or anything but how much money are you actually saving by doing this? And don't you like those cool green cases? I do.

how are you transferring the files?

xbox games are cheap for the most part (a few exceptions here and there) but you get better load times, more convenience, and more reliability out of a modded xbox.

Oh man, wish I saw this before I screwed everything back in. Might be worth trying tomorrow.

Wired ethernet cable.

Yeah dude you weren't fucking kidding I just checked the prices for Outrun 2006 holy fuck.

I've always ran the PC version since its always worked out of the box and auto configured to my 360/One controller no matter what machine. And I have terrible luck with with PC games so that's really notable.

Why is Madden 09 valued so highly? Why is a shitty Jurassic Park game over $100? These games are shit.

==Make sure to backup your eeprom then burn it to the disc, it makes everything a lot easier==.

that list is bullshit, dark alliance is one of the best co-op games ever

Holy shit, even used I'm sitting on about $200 with that one.

I really need to go through and inventory my collection sometime, and see how much money some of my other games are worth. I remember I talked my cousin into buying a copy back in the day because OutRun 2 was actually a fantastic fucking sequel - but I doubt he could get even $50 out of his since he treats his games like shit.

Also… my copy of Outrun for the Master System is only worth $15. Fuck.

Why play the halobox when you can play the gamecube instead?
The best exclusives and the best multiplats of the generation in a single cute little box.

Kill yourself kike.

Saw this when it aired, thanks for the memories user.

Here's them modding it again, this time on Unscrewed. It was always great how they kept saying they didn't endorse the modding since it would piss of Microsoft.

o im havin a laugh

Have another.

you'd never get away with that these days

Unscrewed was the best.

Better performance, better controllers. To me anyway. I know some swear by the cube controller but I'm not a huge fan.

I actually got a cube first, because as we know, that's the only place you will be able to play the hottest shit, Resident Evil 4, when it comes out.

Lol no. It's still using the same cheap potato parts that microsoft included. Your system will be dead within a month or 2 of proper use.

brrrt

Jesus christ this is so much fucking effort compared to Chimp. Fuck it. I'm ordering composite cables and a different model IDE. Like I said, I can just use the old one as a PS2 drive.

You prefer the Duke, or the revamped controller? I was trying the former out today to play some Mercenaries and I don't know if it's because of the right stick's cap being half-broken off, but it was kinda awkward to play with.

[citation needed]

Original Xbox, not an Xbone.

I posted this in another thread somewhere. Doublechan has too many damn threads. I upgraded to a 4k set and it doesn't have component cables.

I have adapters like these for PS2 and Wii (also plays Gamecube) and the games have never looked better. Even looks better than my old 1080p set that I gave to my parents (wish I had held onto it looking back).

But I can't find an adapter like this for the Xbox. If you have please link it. As of right now I am playing on my CRT through composite but I know these games can look better. If you know of a solution to put this on my new television please share.

Doesn't have component inputs rather, just Displayport and HDMI.

If it's component to HDMI no reason why it wouldn't work across all console otherwise

lenkeng.net/Index/detail/id/49
For really cheap
or
videogameperfection.com/products/open-source-converter/
for good but not completely unreasonable.

Nah it plugs directly into the back of the console and turns it into an HDMI port. Since all consoles have different… whatever display outputs I need one for each console but nobody has picked up the slack in the original Xbox market.

For the Open Source Scan Converter, I see the component display input, but where is the audio input? I see one of those fabled "RGB" inputs that everyone raves about, do I need to mod my system?

Oh right, those things, probably the same chinese chip inside (or a similar one in quality anyway) as the first box I linked

It's a 3.5mm stereo jack, so you'll need a small adapter for that use, nothing too bad unless you use RGB output then you need AV cable with split audio which might be somewhat hard to find for a reasonable price.

i want retarded little kids to fucking leave

I have one of those uhh… red and white audio cables to one 3.5mm adapters from when I used a console headset back in the day. As you can tell I'm new at this. Is that what I need?

pic related is what you need

Alright. Sounds good.

Thanks for all your help man!

keep in mind, some drives aren't compatible. You can find a list here (look up model numbers to determine compatibility & any possible issues) xboxdrives.x-pec.com/?p=list

Already checked it, but thanks.

Have you considered this, then?

This is the exact flash drive you can use for xbox modding:
amazon.com/Verbatim-2GB-USB-Flash-Drive/dp/B003O2S080
cheap and compatible.
high capacity IDE drives are expensive still, despite few wanting them the ones that are out there are costly because they were expensive at their time of production. This is a compatible SATA adapter which drastically opens up your size options and lightens the burden on your wallet:
amazon.com/HDE-Computer-Drive-Interface-Adapter/dp/B008X8NK0I
500GB IDE = $50-75
500GB SATA = $25

I've been meaning to update/overhaul the xbox guide, I've learned a lot but I've been spread across a dozen new fields for me that's been occupying me.

I've already got the softmod installed, had a flash drive lying around that worked. Thanks though.
But an adapter, huh? That's definitely something to consider. Thanks. If you're the user who made the original guide, thank you so much. I look forward to the updated version.

problem is I have two jobs, a girl, many different things I'm studying on my free time, and as much as I love the xbox, its not my favorite console.

Don't let me rush you, man. Take your time.

It's an annoying feeling when you only discover how good a console was years after it came out and all the games are incredibly expensive. It's happened to me with both the Hueg and the Gamecube now, though at least Dolphin exists and I already have a Wii lying around.

tbh its happening with the ps4 and vita for a lot of people too.

good news is original xbox is like $40 tops, component cables are $10, and the "mod kit" is like, $50 for everything + a new HDD? less than 100 bucks, 60 killer games, excellent multiplats and then some.

Yeah, I was looking online and the console itself was really cheap. Then I looked up Metal Wolf Chaos and it was something like £120 alone, wew. I'm guessing that's more the exception than the rule in terms of prices, though. Ninja Gaiden Black's a lot cheaper I believe.
It was the same situation when I was checking out Gamecube game prices a few nights ago and Eternal Darkness was something like £80. It's understandable given that new copies aren't being made anymore, though.

shit I can't get coin ops to load after the entire console froze
how do I fix this?
I would have used a guide online but I can't find one that has helped me out.
Any ideas on what happend?

The PS4 isn't a good console, though, and the Vita needs Henkaku & Adrenaline to turn it into a PSP that also plays Vita games in order to make it really shine.

Why does my launch day Xbox still work flawlessly then?

gamecube has the nintendo tax attached to the price tag. mediocre or extremely common games with stupidly inflated prices simply because they are on a nintendo system. No nintendo consoles have good prices for their games.

Xbox however, you could legitimately collect for it and the games that would cost you a bit more than the rest? Metal wolf chaos, steel battalion (complete) and maybe conkers at $30 or so.

libraries