You should have checked your divergence meter!

YOU WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO LET IT GET PAST 1%

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/MRBUU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What? What meter? What are those numbers?

From what I gather you have to read Steins;Gate to really get what is it about. Though it is safe to say it is just alternate universe gayness.

it's from a shitty VN. Basically it's just muh alternate universes, but in reality it's just massive amounts of filler with barely 10% of the text relating to the plot.
Some dumbasses really like it for whatever reason.

Oh, its not even video game related.

I see you’re a braindead troglodyte who couldn’t grasp the intricate nature of Steins;Gate. Truly you are a subhuman who must be chided for your obvious ignorance. In other words, get some fucking taste you faggot.

that cuckime is really overrated

So you're telling me there's a Rick and Morty for weebs now?

I really should play the games, how are they? I'd assume they were decent enough to warrant an anime, but I've never heard anyone talk about them.

Someone needs to post the Steins;Gate rick and morty edit.

Did R&M really reference this?

Please don't do this to me. I haven't watched it yet.
Wait, its not that Netflix original is it?

So, videogames or no?

2009 called, they said you are a fucking retard.

Nah, R&M didn't reference it as far as I know; I remember seeing edits though, probably in a lol thread.

VN's are videogames I think.

Haven't watched what? Reddit and Morty? Or S;G?
go watch S;G you faggot

I picked up Steins Gate because of all the shilling, then dropped it like a turd when all the anime tropes checked the list.

You know how games of thrones or the walking dead, are fundamentally just soap operas with a theme? Fantasy theme, horror theme but still basically the same human relationship show. Well weebsheit has the same thinly disguised variations, when in essence you're still watching super robots and sailor moon.

Mark doesn't read VNs, how would he know if they belong on Holla Forums?

top zuz

Oh wait, this is all of Holla Forums.

They don't exist

shiggy diggy jew

is fucking garbage.

He's accusing me of racism! The point stands: you can't give a typical anime some conspiracy flavour and pretend it's become all new, fresh material. Those are grown out of teen heroes and waifushit will see throuh the trick.

Like all his other shit, it only half works.

I TURNED MYSELF INTO JELLY, OKARIN!

Checked those beautiful digits, OP.

I'd motorboat the bike shorts girl's thighs. Yeah that's about all I know about this.

The meter was created in universe 0, but it was brought to the mainline Okabe in a time machine, mainline Okabe already was offset from universe 0

Wow this game has a lot of cute girls!!

I'm sorry user, "her" mom didn't eat salad when she was pregnant.

This isnt videogames

This is weebshit and cuckime

Sage

weeaboos really are this delusional

Kill yourself cuckautist.

You are really trying hard to push this meme.

I still can't get over this plot point. In a game that attempt to explain time travel trough black hole physics… this is beyond retarded. The sex of the zygote is determined as soon as a spermatozoid gets into the ovule this is grade school level biology.

Apparently, there was a study that said that diets can determine sex dating back to April 28, 2008. I don't know if this was disproven before S;G's October 15, 2009 release.
archive.is/MRBUU

It is still retarded, if the ovary is inseminated by a spermatozoid that is holding a X chromozome, the rest of the chromozomes would be completely different as well (segregation, crossing over). He would not be the same person he would turn into a potential sibling.

He's intersex and hormone balance affected his gender.

>>>/tumblr/

Intersex is a catch all term for all the mutants who have strange things happen to them with their sex development because they're mutant freaks. It is perfectly in line for him to be intersex and his mother's change in diet changes her hormones which in turn changes whatever development path his freakish mutant genes determines because of hormone exposure.

ebin post

Next you're going to say that trails of cold steel writing is good too?

Speaking of plot points that make no sense…
The LHC is the best data compression algorithm the world has ever seen.

It was a necessary deus ex machina to make the plot work. It's not hard sci-fi so I don't see the problem.

DELET THIS

Fug

He's probably genetically the same sex, but got more androgen in the mainline as a cause of the diet. Maybe he has partial androgen insensitivity.

As much as I love S;G, even I have some problems with the plot:
I don't think that's excusable to say it's a necessary deus ex machina.
>4C only exists to be an antagonist and has nothing to his character outside of being an asshole who tried to attack possibly rape and/or kill Faris for losing a game he was cheating at to begin with. Even Moeka and Nakabachi got something in spin-off material.
>It sure is convenient that FB is Mr. Braun, if FB was someone else, everyone would have been screwed.
>How did Okabe and Beta Suzuha go into a different world-line in the second attempt to save Kurisu?
The Luka thing from earlier is something I don't mind. I can suspend my disbelief for that in a VN where a time machine is made with a microwave, a cell phone, and a 42-inch CRT TV.

Also forgot:
It's possible that all of these are properly explained, but that I missed it.

Its not sci-fi if it doesn't follow actual science, that's a direct requirement.

Steins gate honestly seems like psuedo-intellectual fuel.

The direct fiber connection to SERN is a gigantic ass pull and makes no sense whatsoever, but it's fun so who cares.

The fact that they keep pilling up plotholes after plotholes around it is the real problem. At one point it gets so stupid that you start to wonder if there is not some kind of external entity beside the gang and the Rounders trying to stir the events toward a specific outcomes.

That one is explained.
SERN's server has the first D-Mail logged using mass surveillance, if it stays in the server for too long, SERN's agents determine that it was sent back in time and send the rounders to kill everyone. If they delete it, then SERN never knows that the time machine exists, never obtains the time machine, and never establishes their dystopian dominion over the world.

Since SERN never creates a dystopia, Suzuha never is trained by the rebellion and is never sent back in time to get the IBN 5100. Therefore Suzuha never crashes into the conference building and the presentation isn't cancelled and therefore Kurisu gets murdered, which ends the Alpha field and starts up the Beta field which leads to WWIII

How come SERN never detects the other D-mails though, shouldn't they see stuff like Faris' mail to her father, or 2025 Okabe sending the video D-mail?

Once a D-mail significant enough to change the past is sent, the entire world is rewritten to match the new past. When they're sending new D-mails to undo the old ones, the world rewrites back to a world where neither D-mails happened in the first place. Once they got back to the first one, that was the only significant D-mail they ever sent.
>2025 Okabe sending the video D-mail?
That one's special, it was sent using a special format that was custom built by Okabe and Daru specifically for the purpose of getting to Steins;Gate. It's not that far-fetched to assume it was built with security protocols to keep it from being picked up, since they knew what they were doing and had future tech.

also known as the author didn't think of that so just ignore the video mail

Pretty much, it's definitely the odd ball out. Zero didn't go into much detail as to how exactly that D-mail was created, but it would be pretty dumb to try to send it without taking into account the server which caused the events of Zero in the first place.

Now that I think about it, since Okabe went back in time and changed the past again after receiving the video D-mail, that would mean that the Zero-mail wouldn't have happened, which would mean that the server business wouldn't matter in the first place, right?

This storyline is so fucked I don't know which way is up anymore.

you're making excuses for sloppy writing, don't do that

I only just started Zero, so I don't know the details regarding the final D-mail's creation.

I think the Fiber connection was either for FB or so SERN could have better eyes on the lab.

That shouldn't be the case, remember the Kurisu D-mail saying that she died. That was sent from the Beta world-line, but made it's way to the Alpha world-line.
What was up with the D-mail that replaces the video D-mail in the Alpha world-line? It's just lines of code. And what made it so Okabe could see the video after failing the first time?

The Alpha world lines are the ones that lead to **SERN's dystopia, it's caused by that Kurisu D-mail because it's stored in SERN's servers and leads them to Okabe, when it was sent, the world reconstructed to the Alpha setup of:
D-Mail in the Server -→ Rounders sent to Lab –→ Mayuri Killed –→ SERN steals the time machine –→ SERN takes over the world —→ Okabe creates the resistance —→ Suzuha goes back in time for the IBN 5100**
The D-mail is the root cause of the events of Alpha world-lines, so it's always in the servers. The erasing thing happens when a second D-mail undoes the first, like Faris sending a D-mail to save her dad, then sending another one telling him it was all just a joke. The effects of the first were nullified so both were erased, then you end up with a previous worldline where Faris never sent any D-mails and her father never received any and died.
Since Okabe's actions after receiving the Zero-mail made it to where it was never made in the first place, the world was rewritten to Stein's;Gate, where no D-mails have ever been sent, and Kurisu's research never causes WWIII

>What was up with the D-mail that replaces the video D-mail in the Alpha world-line? It's just lines of code. And what made it so Okabe could see the video after failing the first time?
Now that was flat out bullshit. They spouted out some crap about it only "activating" after he tried to save Kurisu once. However that works.

Also, S;GZ makes way less sense than S;G.

Thank you, I've already heard that Zero isn't as good as the first one. Last one before I'm calling it a night:
What happened to S;G world-line Okabe? There should be two Okabes: Native S;G Okabe and the Okabe who saved Kurisu and went to the hospital for the stab wound.

umm you see… the timelines were… fixed after he saw the the fake blood and mistook it for a murder so that he never had to travel back in time in the first place, so the SG one never really existed but he knows about it thanks to the power of being the MC look don't put more thought into a sci-fi time travel story than the author does, you're asking for plot holes

Same thing that happens to all the native Okabes in all the world lines throughout the story. Involuntary mind obliteration and body stealing
Same thing that will happen to the current Steins;Gate Okabe in 15 years when he catches up to Zero-Okabe.

It's not as good, but I wouldn't just ignore zero. You get pretty great banter between Maho Kurisu's rival and replacement and Okabe. Daru punches the shit out of Okabe. Everything surrounding Kagari is fucking retarded, though.

Kurisu-san w-we need to urp w-we need to lower the divergence meter so we can urp s-so we can reach the proper timeline you baka.
Kurisu-chan just urp just shut up and help me move the radiometive discombobulator.

Zero reeks of a cash grab, there are some okay scenes but on average it's just a story that didn't need to exist and adds nothing to the world.

I wouldn't say that, but I will say the stuff that it does add is handled poorly. You can take it as being a cash grab, but the real cash grab that really won't do anything for the series is Steins;Gate Elite.

I'm gonna regret this.

To this date, The Prophet module series for NWN is the only story where time travelling actually makes sense and is not inherently self-contradicting.

Gook VNs are shit btw.

I don't even care about steins gate but that is some grade A cancer there.

The jelly girl is keeping me from completing Cristina's route. Moeka's msgs don't help either. It's just a spooky concept.