Hellsing Game

How come there has never been a Hellsing game? It's got some juicy setup that could've easily been made into some sort of spinoff story.

Also, why are there no good wallpapers to be found?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Lyons
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonard_Lyons
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I was just thinking about this yesterday actually, because I was thinking about how much I love the idea of games where you're fighting various atrocities while being a scarier monster yourself (although it works best when you're only scary when you're good at the game).

Some things are too edgy to program.

Actually I never considered Hellsing to be edgy the same way the new Sonic game is edgy, although I can't put my finger on why that is.

What kind of game would fit Hellsing the best?
Musou?
RTS?
Devil May Cry style Curhayzee-Ness?

It was so edgy that it stabbed your eyes out, and you are now blind to how edgy it is.

It’s Nazi Vampires eating babies edgy.

There are way too many musou games in this world already, we really don't need any more, even though it'd be easily adaptable into one. I personally think something like Prototype, but far less shit would lend itself best.

I suppose that's also possible. Chances are it's just that I read / watched it first as a little kid so it's one of the first "edgy" things I've experienced, which made it stick with me. Guess it's the same with stupidly mediocre retro games that just so happened to be the first of their kind you play so you look past the silliness.

Alucard is OP for every scenario with powers that aren't entirely well defined he is in and nobody wants to play as the supporting cast. It is hard to do well. Same reason Superman still hasn't had a good game.

You could easily work around this like most games do - something happens that strips Alucard of his powers, you regain them throughout the game. It both gives you a base to start with and empowers the villain that has the ability to do this. Any sort of ancient artifact used for sealing supernatural powers can be used to explain this. But eh, it's all just wishful thinking.

I said good game, user.

This isn't to say I don't want to see a Hellsing game happen specifically if they can get the people who did the soundtrack for the 13 episode Studio Gonzo run on board.

DMC rip off to the max.

You can have OP protags work just fine. I mean in bayonetta you punch the supreme deity into the sun and you basically had the ability to do that to whole game, but the game is all about styling on your enemies, so you have fun beating each one up. Also the whole stolen powers thing would work fine, especially for a vampire. You could have the church or the vampire nazis fuck with you, or just create equally strong vampires/ vampire hunters so you aren't as overpowered comparatively.

because anime is faggy

How close are either of these games?

Haven't played either of those, but

Yeah, that sounds just dandy.

It was on PS2 as well, you autist.

How can this be anything but a disaster?

You never really know.

Just have the MC be Seras with Alucard as the New Game Plus bonus character.
Have the bosses be a scale from the Valentine brothers, up to Zorin, finally ending at the Captain. Have some OC fights in between, a fight with the Card guy from South America, those two nuns that Anderson hangs out with, Yumi and Heinkle I believe we’re their names. Young Walter, the possibilities are endless.

Fuck yes. How fucking great would an FPS where you're an SS Vampire fucking up (((current year))) 10% white London and the military forces of the Catholic Church with vintage WW2 weaponry be?

Speaking of which…

The entire reason I added RTS to the list of possibilities was because I can see the game working well as a fast and loose strategy game with a focus on hero characters.
Basically, there would be three factions.
The Hellsing Organization, Led by Integra Hellsing.
Vatican Section XIII, headed by Enrico Maxwell.
And Millennium, led by Ze Major.
Each leader unit gives passive buffs but triggers and instant game over upon death.
You have the heavy hitters for each faction, being Alucard, Anderson, and the Captain respectively. All of which have a secondary mode that lets them wreak even more shit in exchange for health. (Full vamp for Alucard, Nail vine monster for Anderson, werewolf for the Captain.) beyond that, I really have nothing.

Part of the issue is that Alucard is overpowered as all fuck, and trying to intentionally make a game that can live up to that fun (beyond the first few minutes) and/or challenging is going to be an issue. Even in-universe Alucard seems readily bored with enemies, preferring to go easy on them until he can see what they're fully capable off, let them kill him a few times to see if they have any potential to actually end his existence, and then tear them to shreds.

Now, a Hellsing game with Seras, Walter, Pip, and pre-nail Anderson as playable characters could work out a lot better, and allow for different playstyles, with none of them having nearly the level of overpoweredness Alucard himself has. Which isn't to say that he can't make appearances or have his own orders from Integra, but even in-series the Last Batallion had to get him stuck on that boat (playing into how vampires can't cross running water, or whatever) so they could have time to cause a shitload of mayhem without him slaughtering them just yet.

Alucard is quite OP, you would need to play as Seras to at least have some challenge, yes, we know there are the restraints, but still.

You know what I remember the most about the Van Helsing game? That the DVD for the movie had a demo for the game that you could play if you inserted the game into an Xbox(Which I did). Really unique move on their part and I can't think of a single game to do this since.

Explain how are DMC games popular then.

goes for as well

Someone nuke this industry already

That actually sounds cool. Too bad today even a demo itself is pretty much a dead idea.

I know that feel.

just make integra be a controlling bitch that forbids him from using stuff as the reason for leveling/unlocking skills

that or set it after he kills off every single familiar so he can exist again

You dummies thinking about it wrong, if the MC is too op you just throw opier enemies at him, to tone him down will only make a worse experience

get on the line, OP.

Excellent taste my friend.

Vampire Hunter D was superior in every way that matters. Hellsing a shit and you know you can't prove otherwise.

wasnt the whole deal of that unit to kill alucard? and didnt give a fuck about hitler or the nazis.

Watch the gungrave animu based on the gungrave game. It's pretty great until it skips to the future.
Gungrave plays like a kind of onrails TPS. I'd recommend the sequel, Gungrave Overdose.
Van Helsing played kind of like a DMC1 ripoff. If memory served it also had the same sound effects.
Neither are really close to being a hellsing vidya I guess.

How was D: bloodlust such amazing eyecandy?
There's something about it that looks so damned good.

Yeah, give it a bayoneta like combat system. Maybe give it some action-RPG elements to level up/specialize in different fighting styles/weapons.

I'd play a game about being Alexander.

Dante is pretty damn powerful, but the character generally doesn't sit there and take hits. Plus, the general thing with him is having a good time doing what he does, and essentially encouraging players to put in the extra effort to make fights look easy. Alucard just sits there and takes whatever they have to dish out and then releases whatever seal and goes apeshit on the enemy of the week.

An RTS or RTT might work better, but again, Alucard is ridiculous compared to everything else in the setting. He works better as a multi phase boss fight than a protagonist.

Vampire Hunter D already had it's shot.

Yeah nah, fuck off.

Did you skip all the cut scenes in all the games?
He does exactly what Alucard does.
Really between devil triggers and crazy weapons like Nevan or Pandora DMC is the closest we can get to proper Hellsing game, it's just a level or two less edgy.

Nigger, him getting impaled in 3 was supposed to be a humbling thing. He fought someone on his fucking level and got his ass beat. Even beyond that, its once per game, and not every fucking fight.

I think DMC being less edgy than anything ever is quite debatable

Why did they even bother retooling the game exactly? Not enough of a budget? I mean the author still worked on it.

How would it even work? I mean, playing as Alucard is out of the question because he is a living cheat, but another character, a young vampire like Seras between the end of the manga and the epilogue could work.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Lyons

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonard_Lyons

Imagine

I mean, it would be partly retarded, but it would make the game fun enough. Probably just limit his power or play Seras.

The HD version was better.

I want to devour her soul and make her my eternal slave.

Rip a cute.

Seriously?

You disgrace your dubs
>>>Holla Forums

Yes, seriously, because Alucard is pretty much unkillable and can just summon an army if things get too dicey, on top of all the other reality breaking powers he has. Read the manga or watch the anime, the overarching plot is basically the bad guys wracking their heads trying to find a way to kill him.

Devil may cry sucks, they would probably make some trash like that though

It needs to be cuh-razy.

Are you even trying?

What the fuck, 2D is best D

come on kiddo, its trash

Not even the reboot is that braindead

Everything is easily adaptable into one. The games are generic shit.
You better cut out that open world/city shit.

You can fuck right off.

Can anyone name games that do over powered MC right?

is this nigga being cereal?

No, he's serial.

Its called Bayonetta

People here want a literal Hellsing game, not a spiritual one.

Bayonetta is too upbeat and light hearted.

With how much the major loves war do you honestly think that if he had succeeded in killing Alucard he wouldn’t have gone full steam towards Israel at some point.

Demifiend would just punch his lives out until he dies.
And if Alucard tries to swarm the kid, he would just summon SOME FUCKING GOD to clear the crowd out.
Alucard is little bitch tbh.

I'm not going to argue powerlevels, my point is that Alucard makes for a terrible video game protagonist because there is basically nothing in the setting that can actually kill him. The best they could come up with is flood him with so many bodies that he wouldn't notice them slipping in some pozz into his bloodstream, and even that failed.

My melanin-enriched brethren. That's the curse of people with taste such as ours.

And my point that your point about
Makes no sense.
SMT, DMC, DBZ and shitton of other series have characters far stronger than Alucard and still have great games in them.
Fucking Castlevania AOS protagonist is literally Dracula with the same "more souls = more power" gimmick, except his souls are demons and eldritch horrors as opposed to Alucard's dudes with sticks and a couple of angry hellhounds.
And guess what, it's one of the best Castlevanias out there.

And with those powerful characters come antagonists that can match them, which is clearly not the case with Alucard, since it's basically established the only limiter is his own boredom and whatever magic Hellsign put on him, though it's implied he could easily remove that if he wished.

You seem quite stupid. The issue isn't that Alucard is powerful, it's that there is nothing else in the setting that can kill him, and the fact his gimmick is basically having practically infinite lives. How are you supposed to structure a game around a character that does not have a fail state? You're better off using someone else from the cast or just creating a new character from scratch, at which point you might as well just not bother with the Hellsign license since it's extremely generic outside of Alucard.

Fuck punching nazis, at least baby eating nazi vampires are entertaining.

Nothing can kill Dante in-universe.
Nothing can kill half of DBZ dudes in-universe.
Nothing can kill demi-fiend in-universe.
Nothing can kill mega man X in-universe.
Nothing can kill Dracula in-universe, only some magic whip ban him for a while and even then he resurrects as a trap.
If you die in those games you just fucking reload.
If you think that you can't slap life bar on Alucard and call it a failstate and just reload when you die, you're fucking retarded and should stop posting anytime.

Hellsing is edge done right.