.Hack//G.U Last Recode is out tomorrow!

.Hack//G.U Last Recode is out tomorrow!

So will it do well enough to save .Hack from its "generation 3" mobage hell? or will it just sell like shit and make bamco double down on fucking Sword Art Online trash?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/OdG5F
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The whole "pseudo-online video game" genre is full of cancer now. My personal favorite was original quadrology of .hack. I find G.U. more teen friendly and edgy.

SAO.

Im scared of the localization

The funniest part about SAO is that it was written when author was a fucking underage.

game is already confirmed shit
(from the steam discussions)

Probably not even worth a pirate unless modders can go ham with the game balance under the hood, and that's coming from me, the resident .hack autist who's put quadruple digit hours in both the original quadrilogy and G.U.

That just means you are still sane.

Thats all changes for the 'games journo mode' they added. The regular mode just has a fast forward.

Source? As far as I can tell there's no difficulty select and none of these changes are optional. They did add a "cheat mode" that starts you at max level though if those above changes somehow don't make the easiest JRPG ever made easier enough for you.

You know, this game really speaks to me, it says yiffe

The 'Cheat mode' is literally described by bamco as 'give me a story mode' while normal mode just has the same kind of shit as the FFXII Zodiac Age rerelease. You pick one at new game and can't swap between.

KEMONOBROS LEAVE

Yeah, which is why it sets you to max level. The changes I listed above are applied to the game just flat out, seperate from cheat mode.

The item descriptions on amazon all list the restart as being easy modo exclusive mang.

No, anyone who spouts that shit meme needs to leave.

From the Amazon page
Nowhere does that say that stuff is ezmode exclusive, nor that there even is an easy mode.

technically that sounds like 'retry mode' is a completely separate mode.

I'm looking forward to getting it. My PS4 games list and library are getting really big lately.

It's on PC.

I want a real copy

Yiff in hell, furfag.

k

But PC doesnt have Vita remote play for the height of weeb excess.

Any reason G.U. was remastered over the original ps2 vols 1-4? Also, think they will remaster those eventually? My backlog contains them, but perhaps I should hold off until a remaster, because pressing select and menu-ing to switch weapons every encounter wasn't the best gameplay mechanic.

Still mad about that but I'll give it a go. Never did finish vol. 3 due to fighting Ovan and always getting killed.

Maybe something to do with the first tetralogy having anime episodes to watch relevant to the story as well? that could be a licensing issue.

I hope they do though, i was lucky to find a soccar mom selling them all for £1 each on gumtree for my greatest act of merchantry but the prices for them online are fucking ridiculous and everyone knows the pre R2 art style was way better.

What does that even mean?

99% of pc only gamers havent bought a physical release in ten years. Some people prefer hard media over a service that can go down at any time but not nearly enough.

My HDD full of pirated games isn't going anywhere.

Spoken like someone yet to experience a harddrive failure.

I would assume that for the most part, it's going to use the original scripts from the PS2 entries, with maybe some touch ups to the written text here and there (the originals noticeably use punctuation as text for confused/exclamatory grunts, and in Redemption there's a few lines where the subtitles get fucked and seem to accidentally call to what should be a dummied out translator's note, though the English audio has the proper dialogue). With the fact that there's essentially a part 4 being added though, that's going to require being translated (and dubbed, if they're still including English voicing) for the first time, which leaves some room for unfortunate possibilities, and not just the voice actors "phoning it in". I don't have a PS4 myself, but if I did I'd still be playing the "wait and see" with how it actually turns out before looking into picking it up myself. Even more so since I played G.U. shortly before the remaster was announced. Might be worth mentioning that there's some cases that, assuming the stick with the original English PS2 scripts where possible, can come off as being [CURRENT YEAR]ed, but were in the PS2 versions a decade prior to begin with. Namely in regards to Hiiragi and Endrance.

I would assume because it's taking them less work to do; G.U.'s gameplay holding up better and looking better visually too with the PS2 versions. Remastering IMOQ would likely just be an outright remake, if not just in combat/gameplay mechanics, than graphically as well.

I'd recommend you be at about level 125 or so for that. Honestly, the fights with him are the only parts of G.U.'s main plot that I found myself needing to grind some for, in both Volume 2 and 3.

This is rather jarring. I hope it was because the game wasn't fully installed

sure is nice they didn't announce a release date and just threw it out there. Every website showed the end of this year, then suddenly Nov. 3.

Hopefully it doesn't get rare for a physical copy because right now I just don't have the money.

Does the game have gay?

archive.is/OdG5F
I checked and yes, you can. Anyone can be done. I will order as soon as it's available on Steam.

There are only two people you should be marrying in GU. Maybe 3 if you want the tsundere tomboy.

I was joking. Maybe. That girl in the third picture looks necromancer like hell and is blonde, the healeress (?) with flower staff also appeals to me. I think I know whom I will gravitate towards.

By the game, the way is out already I just realised, got 40%.

something that makes you mad

That design isn't in the game. It's a part of the movie and the design comes from a take on one of the more emotional parts of the game. I don't recommend watching the movie before you play the game as its more of a recap of the game with some better CG and can feel a bit rushed seeing as they are trying to fit 3 games worth of story into an hour and a half.

Would you like to try that post again?

You mean the girl who looks like Necromancer from Diablo 2 if he was a girl? Those white hand thingies even look like his bone shield stuff if my memory is right. That's not in the game? I feel as if you just fucked me straight in the ass, I wanted to romance that right fucking now.

I aciddentally put game where way was meant to be. Also nice Hitler dubs.

but why?

it's 3 games, 3x 8gb dual layer dvd, +compressed install data.

It's 3 games put together with higher quality assets and sound and more content. That's what the description says, at least. Seems okay to me.

The character is in the games but that form is exclusive to the movie.

She's still a great character though who manages to be pretty endearing and relatable which is quite a feat for a female character in vidya, be it Japanese or Western.

She'll annoy the shit out of you at first tho.

you also need to account for installers. I've never seen people who complain about storage requirements realize that they are downloading the entire game compressed, then unpacking it, and the compressed installer is deleted. You need double the actual installed size for that reason.

The originals were only about 3 gigs each, the new episode is only a few hours long and the "remaster" doesn't seem like it improves much at all. Certainly not enough for this to be bigger than 20 gigs.

then what waits to be seen is the contents of the game install.

For once this is not the result of shitty coding. It's a compilation of multi-disc games full of voice acting, and I think it has dual audio (and possibly triple audio, I remember at least one of the games had an alternate gag Japanese voice track cut in the English version to make room for the English track).

What a shame. I expected something so evil looking would either be a redeemable villain or unplayable, but her actual form doesn't look like must-marry type. I guess I've got to play to find out who's best. She reminds me of Elena from Grandia 2, so she's not that bad anyway but I wanted a female necromancer to fug

It requires to download 33.3GBs, so nope. It needs like 40GBs in description, so it accounts for that in a way. Maybe after unpacking it's way less, hard to say how the gooks programmed this.

I'll go ahead and save you time

Get over it user. .hack //GU was a crappy weebshit game anyway, and no one's gonna play it. Go jack off to your miku hatsune plush or whatever.

Yeh, play the games then watch the movie as sort of a companion to them. The movie does a few things better, a few things worse and has some neat designs, but overall it was an excuse to recount the events of the game at a higher resolution.

You might be right, I already like her, except for the retarded umbrella handles on her katanas.

Wait, none of the games included were multi-disc. Still has a lot of audio.

That's not the image I chose you kike-site.

Seems like a good idea.

There, the essential message without all that fluff.

and then all of her character development is ignored once you hit Vol. 3 because it's a rushed unfinished piece of shit
Whether Namco actually takes this opportunity to fix this shit with Vol. 4 or just goes the lazy route as always is up in the air.

All four games amount to a total of 6GB, with the rest of the space all being poorly-compressed pre-rendered video according to people who already have the game.

I really hope modderfags can fix the shitty game balance this "remaster" brings.

If I remember correctly her character fully developed in vol. 2 and there wasn't much else for them to do with her. Haseo was the same way so by vol. 3 they kind of came across as bland but it's better than in things like Naruto where they devolve over and over again.

It isn't bad. The whole scene with Atoli and Haseo was handled better, the way the virus looked was better, and rage Haseo was cool. Everything else was just a rushed version of the games cutscenes that looked nicer.

Original .hack Remaster or Remake when

Disdain for casual

If you actually gave a flying fuck about preserving shit you'd invest in backups.

You know damn well there's other mediums that exist besides HDDs.

The JP versions of IMOQ had a dual audio of sorts, in that they had the standard JP dub, and then a JP gag dub. The JP gag dub was trimmed from the western release and replaced with an English dub (while retaining the JP dub and thus having dual audio). Meanwhile, for whatever reason, G.U. on the PS2 was English audio only.

The English version of Rebirth even had more audio than the JP one did, leading to the Japanese fanbase getting asspained and the subsequent English releases of Reminisce and Redemption being barred from having extra audio.

Can confirm, localization not only butchers the game, it fucks with the plot, the finesse. Holy shit, it is pure crash grab.

NamcoJP went the extra step in being petty faglords for Last Recode. They retroactively deleted the extra English VA from Vol. 1 this time around.

the problem is in Vol. 3 she acted the same as Vol. 1 just without the suicidal masochism, because they ignored all of the interactions between her and Haseo in the latter bits of Vol. 2
which makes Haseo running off to waifu her even more jarring because it comes out of nowhere as a result
Alkaid is the best girl anyway

Ignoring the money component, what does this remake collection offer that puts it above the originals?

I'll have to play it again, because I remember her just becoming more supportive but staying a little weird and annoying which is fine considering that was part of her character that she couldn't help but came to accept.

I'll go ahead and save you time

Do I have to read or click all those emails/forums in the .hack or will I not miss anything? I wouldn't mind if not for the fact you have to click on a response, leave, click on another, leave it, click on another, all that ad fucking infinitum.

If memory serves, G.U. does allow for viewing forum threads as a chain, rather than post by post.

Yes, I just didn't notice. Disregard that post, I suck dicks

What the combat is like?

It's a servicable hack n' slash with very light RPG elements. You're mostly there for the story, characters, OST, and atmosphere but the gameplay is definitely servicable.

Where are the Gundam PC ports Bamco?

Why does Haseo look like Van Darkholme mixed with a Dark Eldar anyway?

he was edgy as hell, but that whole scene where he broke into Ovan's domain was really cool. It looked like he was actually fucking up the game.

I think that's a big thing the movie did better. External forces to "the World" actually felt external. For instance, the AIDA virus in the movie actually looked "alien" when Atoli saw it for the first time. It didn't look like a glitch, or something that was using the World's assets to show itself, it was just some organism that found a way inside the game.

So has game been causalized or is that only in some alternative difficulty mode?

Casualized out the asshole, read my post near the beginning of the thread. Only alternative mode is the ability to start at max level, all the listed changes are baseline.

Well shit, my ID changed for some reason, I'm talking about

Im calling the police

Is there any reason to use the dual blades anymore?

Until vol. 2, no.

So how is it? Is the port/localization/gameplay ok?

Yeah, figured so. The only downside is the purple rengekis are hard to do because shit dies super fast, and that means I can't really get affection through normal encounters.

Graphic/FPS wise all's good for me, but the keyboard controls… Not only does it show console controller prompts no matter what you do, trap chests are super hard as the result of that, the keybindings are retarded because it refuses to use mouse properly. It automatically uses LMB as X, the other as Y (or was it A and B) but you can't operate the camera with the mouse. No, it's some retarded buttons like oijlk,m that are set for that instead. Goddamn gooks better patch it in the future, keyboard prompts + camera being operated by the mouse seem like simple enough solution and they'd make it okay.

shit only dies super fast because Last Recode is a casualized dogshit babby release

port is ok if you have a controller, localization is identical to original though nobody's said anything about the new stuff, and gameplay is

So it's just easier across the board?

Have been playing it for a while now as it was released in Europe on the first rather than the third, and a friend of mine would not shut up on how amazing .hack was. Had not tried the series before. I find it to be laughable how seriously everyone takes PK'ing. Of course, being PK'ed by Tri-Edge sends you in a coma or reverts you to level 1 which is a thing but normal PK? Haseo is a gigantic edgelord because he got PK'd on his first day, but you lose a little gold and experience, and that's the end of it, I think. So they just ham it up with maximum teen edge for some stupid reason. It's definitely showing it's age but I do think it's enjoyable for what it is. Game's quite short though. I hope IMOQ gets the same treatment, if only to crash street value for online hoarders. G.U was never released in Europe so that's also part of the reason I wanted to try it out.

Just a heads up if you aren't liking Haseo:
he quickly leaves his edgelord nonsense behind in part 2 and never goes back to it.

That's good to know. I'm at the arena bit right now where they introduced Endrance. Is there any use for the bike? It controls like dogshit and isn't even that much faster than walking.

.Hack Quantum was alright but that was 10 years ago now. This franchise is dead.

That is not why. .hack//Roots shows nine month time period between that first day and when .hack//G.U. actually starts, and showing more of how he relates with Shino, Ovan, and Tabby, and why he should care about them. It also shows Haseo's subsequent descent into being "The Terror of Death", as well as better showing it for what it is: A coping mechanism and a means for possible answers. As he himself has no power to actually help Shino after the incident, he strives to grow strong enough to kill the one who PKed her, and since PKers would likely know information about other PKers, hunting them is a way to potentially get information. Still gets to be a rather edgy anime after the first handful of episodes, runs a bit longer than it might have needed to, and eventually runs into spoiler territory for the games, but it does provide more background on the characters. And yes, players in R:2 seem to take PVP extremely seriously, to a point it becomes humorous.

Vol 2 introduced a faster default bike speed and upgradable parts to adjust things like speed, acceleration, turning, etc. Also bike related time trials as a side quest.

Sounds like they finally made the games fun. Maybe they can patch in a special "autism" mode for the reactionary crowd.

Oh, and if you time things right, you can use the bike to get a jump on groups of enemies by ramming into them (which if memory serves also counts towards building the Book of 1000 record pertaining to the bike).

if the current year has taught me anything, it's that the things we liked are better off dead.

i need a source, you fake news!

Do you really need to ask?
As long as we're asking stupid questions how much does the $2.50 can of coke cost?

For some reason Bo doesn't respond to my messages anymore? At least Saku's still around

That was pretty good

Oh shit.
I thought this was coming out next year.
I really liked the originals and thought G.U. was good, be it a lot more anime than I like.
All 3 parts of G.U. bundled into one and has quite a big appeal to me.
Trading cards and steam achievements because I'm a whore
Probably going to buy it a week from now.

I bought it to burn something for the weekend and it's my only steam game that crashes on start up. Oh well, so much for that.

After 10 years I finally get to play this in a non-emulated environment! What's everyone's favourite box-art? Mines Part 1!

I want to get more words but apart from forums, whats a good way to unlock 'em?

If memory serves you can also learn new keywords as rewards for clearing fields.

F

Yes fellow user poster! I too am excited to buy .hack®//G.U.™ Vol.1//Rebirth™ for the PlayStation® 4! It's going to be epic for the win! I am not a paid promoter here to influence the fine posters on this Japanese Imageboard known as InfiniteChan™.com!

Where do you retards come from?

So its just ready to have its corpse raped, OPs prediction is closer to reality.

Whatever do you mean, anonymous poster 30d396? I am a genuine and enthusiastic customer of the Bandai Namco™ .hack®//G.U.™ series of video games, here to share my excitement for the re-release available for only $49.99 USD!

man thank god im on vol2 and only have vol 2 and 3 on hand.
I still need to finish it

M8, just let me enjoy something I've waited so long to play non-emulated. I'm not saying it's the best thing in the world, but damn, it's fun for what it is. I don't think anyone outside of hardcore .hackers would be buying this anyway so it's pointless trying to dissuade people.

I remember someone calling that a long time back, that if .hack ever made a return, SAOfags call it the rip off.

Quality shitposting.

Tetraology* :^)

This is the main thing I have a problem with. I don't much mind the rest as I recall these games were grindy as all hell back then to make up for the fact that they weren't actually that long. Though most of my experience is from IMOQ which I recently replayed with emulation, since I only vaguely recall GU. Either way, there should be an option to use the original balancing in the settings.

This. The only user I've seen using that term is the same furag trying to stir shit.

Why the hell would you want bamco to revive the hack series? They're worse than Capcom at this point and for the past decade gave any CyberConnect2 outside of naruto an extremely low budget

Wait, I never got into GU. Does marriage have unique dialogue, cutscenes, voice acting, etc? Did they add all this for the gay? If they did, are some or all the gay played for gags?

What? What exactly was cut? Image 1 related.

>Hercule Mr. Satan for ants

Why is there an r63 Kite with giant hair in what looks like a frame from an official anime adaptation? Image 2 related.

Nice shoop :^)

I only ever watched sign, how does this game relate story wise?

Is it worth getting the remaster over the original?

The gay is very definitely played for gags, ypu can even marry tri-edge, also yes there is unique dialogues, cutscenes, and voice acting for each marriage.

The MC is future sora, also lots of main characters where present in sign, although they are using different accounts.

If you don't mind the download size and an easier battle system then sure, especially since it comes with the terminal stuff and part 4.

All voice acting that plays when you highlight somebody and talk to them outside of story sequences.

To answer your second question, shitty waifubait nostalgiabait anime that bombed hard alongside //Link, which is what actually killed the franchise.

If you've only watched //SIGN, you're better off playing the originals (Infection, Mutation, Outbreak, Quarantine) and probably on emulator because physical copies cost an arm and leg. //G.U. is a sequel to those and even has its own anime (//Roots) to lead in. Like another poster said, whether you should watch //Roots before or after playing the games is up to you because it fleshes out the characters a lot but also contains some spoilers for the game and introduces characters that the game ignores completely.

Are you too lazy to emulate the original? Outside of the new content that you can just launch directly, the originals play way better because they aren't completely babbified.

cheers

The English release of Rebirth had additional voice work done for lines left unvoiced in the Japanese original. Something about the VAs having finished their work early but having already been paid for X hours, so did more work to earn their keep. The Japanese fanbase was apparently angry to hear that the western release had more voicing, so rather than Namco JP step up their game and do the equivalent line work for the Japanese versions of Volume 2 and 3, they just told Namco US that they were ONLY allowed to do voicing for lines that were voiced in the Japanese originals for those games. Anyhow, from the sound of things, that rule now applies retroactively to Rebirth in Last Recode.

.hack knows to play it as humor. Endrance himself is an odd case, being more of the "single target waifufag" than a just plain fag. Main thing being that with his object of worship having changed, he goes from being a waifufag to a husbandofag. His player's also had his head and heart fucked with some in the past during R:1, as well as the events leading up to R:2, so he's got some psychological issues stemming from that.

.hack//Sign is a prequel to IMOQ, which takes place in the same version of The World, later called Revision 1 (R:1). G.U. takes place in R:2, as does .hack//Roots (it's anime prequel), while .hack//Link is in R:X if memory serves.

Does the marriage have any impact whatsoever on the new content from vol 4 anyway, or is it never mentioned?

Is this common or is this a case of "Works on MY machine :^)"?

so in the end of the day, the best way to play it is emulation?

In fairness the extra VA is extremely minor and regardless the JP voices which don't have the negligible extra are superior in terms of better presenting the story.
Emulation is better for combat difficulty though, although as a warning if you actually care about combat difficulty look up arena battle levels since they're the best indicator of recommended level, even going a few levels over can make story fights a cakewalk, honestly it's nigh impossible without a guide to go through all the games without being over levelled a few times, not that it usually impacts too much unless you autistically grind to max from the start.

Fine for me although there's some issues with full screen with multiple monitors i've found

Cute way to say the english dub is shit.

Relative to most english dubs it's actually pretty good, still shit though, especially the MC, he sound like a petulant whiny child in english which is where the whole "edgy MC" comes from whereas in the original he comes off as just frustrated and impatient.
It's one of the reasons i'm happy for the remaster since it includes JP voices as most are too lazy too get the undub for the original

Well fuck me. I have a goystation 4 so if it comes down to it I will still play it.

fucking why

Do have to ask; with the game having dual audio natively now, does the text for names that were changed for the English dub revert to original names if playing on Japanese audio or anything? Just asking since it strikes me that it would be annoying to hear the audio say one name while the text script says another. And did they subtitle the pre/post-arena commentary properly this time, given that from what I remember that was audio only on the PS2 (and thus understanding would likely be lost if playing the PS2 versions with the undub patches)?

I just want this sell exceptionally well so CC2 can have more money to work on another Little Tail Bronx game tbqh

>>>/reddit/

Lore question. I'm enjoying the game so far, but is it gay to marry Azure Kite ?

Only if the balls touch, haha :^).

We're not arabs, getting raped is not the same as marriage.

This is a game you play with controllers, Haseo's player felt nothing even if what was implied did happen. It's not rape, even though Haseo deserves rape.

Why would he send a marriage card to a messed-up AI with powers that aren't fully explored when he knows in this world things can pull your very mind inside the game,change your behavior and it's not really a game? Kite might feel encouraged to use his Aura-given powers to try pulling Haseo's consciousness inside the game only to data drain him from behind, getting a defenseless lvl 1 sex slave as a result. If he smartly did it before the servers close in vol4 or soon after vol3, nobody would be able to stop him from fucking Haseo for an eternity, especially since the faggot's friends mostly stopped playing. Maybe with his conscious inside Haseo'd feel it and it'd really be rape, who knows.

Unfortunately they don't, it seems the subtitles are just the English lines. It was jarring at first because the first person you meet with a different name is Zelkova, which up until that point all characters kept their Japanese name. I had forgotten some characters had a name change when crossing into English.

What's also interesting is seeing how certain lines said in Japanese are translated differently by the localization team. For example, there's a cutscene where Haseo says "Get out of my way, otherwise I'll eat you alive!" which was edgelordasfuck but also my favorite line as a kid. But after watching it in Japanese it seems that what he actually says is more like "Get out of my way or I'll kill you!"

Then there's a few changes here or there like a character says "Naruhodo" but the English subtitle is just "…", or a character is talking to someone and in the English version will say their name within the sentence while the Japanese line has no trace of them saying their name.

So far it's not a terrible localization job, but I'm still on Volume 1.

I wasn't aware of this issue in the PS2 version, but from what I've played it seems they're there. I've only encountered 1 instance so far where there was no subtitle dialogue and coincidentally it was for the Arena announcer. There's a cutscene where the protagonists are talking and you can vaguely hear the announcer in the background, but there's no translation for it. However, it's so quiet that it's not essential to the story.

He's voiced by Yuri Lowenthal who is a whiny jew.

Yeah, on the PS2 it didn't come off as feeling out of place with the vibe the games had on the whole, to the point my main complaints with it was just the written text quality (starting a line with ? or ! to indicate a reaction and then following up with actual dialogue is honestly rather lazy). But gratuitous name changes for the western release are also an issue if one's going to include dual audio (or in the case of, say, Tales of Hearts R, ONLY Japanese audio), assuming the game has voicing to begin with.

And yeah, it was particularly the arena announcer and his guest-of-the-match that I was referring to as not having any subtitles in the PS2 version, leaving them audio only. Still, even if they're not exactly important to the plot itself in a number of cases, I think it still adds something to the game having them be understandable, and the announcer himself has a running gag of his guests leaving before they ought to throughout the games, resulting in one case later on of him hamming out a "Why do all my guests up and leave?" or something after it happens one-too-many a time for his liking. You're right though, whether he and his guest are at the forefront of dialogue or not depends on if Haseo's party or the enemy group's had any lines since warping in, and once they do commentary becomes background chatter, but before/afterward, it's the sort of thing that could have still benefitted from being subbed (perhaps have regular subtitling until the competitors have any lines, and then cut to small text between parenthesis to represent lesser importance at that point, or something?), as the fact they aren't sticks out and I'm not sure why they weren't subtitled anyhow.