3DS Homebrew Thread

"Still no Radiant Historia remake on FreeShop" Edition

The guide to modding a 3DS: 3ds.guide/
FreeShop (discontinued): freeshop.pw/
FreeShop fork: notabug.org/arc13/freeShop/releases
gbatemp.net/threads/release-arc13s-freeshop-fork-open-source-eshop-alternative.468436/
Titlekeys: 3ds.titlekeys.gq/

Homebrew Launcher: smealum.github.io/3ds/

Pastebin: pastebin.com/7JAD1x3U

Note: "Boot9Strapper and SigHax are optional. There is no benefit to using this form of hack until devs create custom firmware, which may take months."

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/leDa8
archive.is/YJhNR
archive.is/DHOjg
nichegamer.com/reviews/etrian-odyssey-2-untold-the-fafnir-knight-review-fafnir-ly-perfect/
3ds.titlekeys.gq/
github.com/AnalogMan151/sumoCheatMenu/releases
3dsiso.com/showthread.php?282945-Pokemon-Ultra-Sun-(EUR)-(Leak)
3DS.titlekeys.gq/downloadenc
3DS.titlekeys.gq/
3ds.guide/troubleshooting#ts_sys_down
notabug.org/Paul_GameDev/freeShop/releases
notabug.org/arc13/freeShop/releases
3ds.titlekeys.gq/downloadenc
3ds.titlekeys.gq/downloadenc/.
volafile.org/r/HF33Go
3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(dsiware)
ebay.com/itm/andoryuu3s-Ntrboot-Card-Nintendo-3DS-2DS-ntrboothax-magnetpwn-magnethax-CFW/332407381879
twitter.com/daeken/status/929249713974427649
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
citra-emu.org/wiki/dumping-system-archives-and-the-shared-fonts-from-a-3ds-console/
my.mixtape.moe/aprohe.zip
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Honestly prefer the new art.

Anons we need an updated chart, specifically made for 8/v/ so we can differentiate it because this one is full of problems and bad games.

So how do I update from emunand to modern hack standards? I never installed A9LH and the guide only has fresh install and updating from A9LH.

Subjective, and go fuck yourself. The quality level seems okay, notwithstanding the fact that it's outdated like HELL.

Oh baby sign me up.

Nigger, why create a chart in the first place if it doesn't fucking show anything of value vs going to a wikipedia "list of 3DS games"? It would just be a large chart of every 3DS game at that point.
You're a retard, this chart helps next to no one.

It's shit

A list of good undubs/fantranslations/romhacks could be useful for some, if possible with download links (or a torrent, for those willing to keep it alive).

Also, if anyone has a link for a cia version of Pokémon Nova Sun or Umbra Moon, I'd appreciate it (much better than migrating from A9LH to Bull9Shit, and both 3DSiso and 3DSchaos lack valid links).

Except the list is obviously curated in some fashion. It's not just every two-bit piece of shit. Thus, it serves as a reasonable 'recommendation' list, as well as showcasing a vast majority of titles that may or may not be the greatest smash hit, but is still of acceptable quality.

You're a sperging retard that needs to shut his stupid mouth. Are you that same reject from the vita thread a while back who insisted that their chart was shit, for much the same idiotic reasons?

Die and stay dead.

I found this in my videogames folder. Its from only a few months ago too!

Can you tell me what "fashion" its curated in then? There are over 156 games that are featured in the thumbnails and roughly 200 (didn't count fully, possibly more) in the "other" section.
This is over 350 games. How does this help anyone at all?

Much better. Thanks user, I'll take a look at this

Do we know anything about the new Radiant Historia translation? Specifically, how pozzed it may be?

It gives a screenshot, publishing info, genre info, and is divided into useful subcategories. For the format, this is the vital info that is more than enough for a potential viewer to decide whether or not he would want to play something. Going more in-depth, for instance with detailed information about every single game, is not suitable or appropriate for the singular picture one-size-fits-all approach, and thus would be rather shit. The textual portion on the bottom is pure trash though. That needs to be trimmed off and/or reworked.

Due note, as it says right there in bold at the top of the fucking picture, that it's not a recommendation list. A recommendation list is another beast entirely, with its own set of problems (such as wordyness, as that guy who makes the Wild Arms and Tales recommendation chart would be the first to tell you.) While it does have categories of "recommended" games, which is only obvious since nobody would give a shit about a list full of shitty shovelware, that is not its primary and sole purpose.

Overall, it's a good chart, barring a few shitty portions and how outdated it is. It serves as adequate recommendation, and it also compiles games that nobody would otherwise give a shit about, or even know of. All in useful subcategories.

UX has a better series list but is a mess mechanically. Best handheld SRW is Z2.2.
Kali Yuga in OG when?

Except it tells of each game's genre without separating or grouping them at all without any rhyme or reason besides
Those are incredibly broad and not very useful for narrowing things down at all.
More importantly
>it says right there at the top that its not a recommendation list
Where the fuck does it say that?

i'm in the same boat but from what i understand you simply backup the emunand and restore it in the later steps in place of the sysnand backup they ask for.
i really need to get around to updating mine soon with lady layton coming out.

Trivial issue. Cry more, you illiterate faggot.

They are useful. Whether or not something is retail or e-shop only can be indicative of general quality, pricing, avialability, etc etc, and for EOP, the fact that a game is Japan-only/import-friendly is quite a differential to make known.

Pic related. Note the lack of the word "recommendation."

The chart is good. The basis of its format is great. Due note that the superior one posted here is the exact same damn chart, but with extremely minor QoL improvements (such as a fan-translation color identifier in the Nip-game subcategory,) game selection shuffled about and/or tweaked, as well as more up-to-date.

It is not 'full of problems' at all, and the only other complaint you have is game selection, an issue of subjective taste. Which, again, is summarily dismissed by the fact it's not a fucking recommendation chart.

I'm wondering if you're the one who created this shitty chart with how much you're defending its obvious problems.

>heheh, except those ones that clearly don't say recommendation or any variation thereof, but we'll not only ignore those, but also the topic of the chart itself. gotta strawman fast!

Kill yourself, you fucking retard. Edit all you want, but you've proven yourself an unreasonable idiot. Nobodies going to give a shit about your charts as they'll surely be shit.

topkek

Alright. I didn't change much. Just got rid of some embarrassing shit that should never have been recommended.
If anyone wants to vouch for removing, adding or changing a game's position on the chart I'll try to do it.

Plus I changed about 6 or 7 games on the list in terms of the thumbnail section. More importantly I acknowledged that this chart was much better than the one I posted earlier so you have nothing
Keep sperging out about it though, that doesn't make you look retarded; not only that but you're also incompetent as well

It must be tough being such an egomaniac. Do you honestly think removing x/y on the pokemon listing justifies your whining and sperging? Do you really think it's such an important change that everyone needs to immediately, right this second, delete their old picture and resave this "new and improved" version?

How comical.

topkek, here's your last (you) lad

Good thing the original one was posted to bypass this retard.

wew lad, your taste is absolute shit

MUH DICKKKK

Heh I havnt beat the first one cause shit was hard. Also it wished they had it where armor changes your characters gear. But its hard to keep up your armor and gear thats good cause if you die you lose gear so you forget what you lost.

As mocked as it was, in the original threads after release the general consensus was that it was a good co-op game.
As for fire, is just like any other musou game, not bad, not good, just like Hyrule Warriors.

KEK
No, it was fucking bad. Just like Federation Force. If you're so triggered by me actually paring this list down to actual GOOD games worth playing then feel free to keep the original.

wew. Good thing I never really liked the franchise, but it's just, again, another musou. Nobody cares about your chart, faggot, and the original will be posted, I'll do it myself in the future to spite on you.

topkek. Judging by the fact that I didn't get a (you) from that last bitch of an user, I'll assume that you ID hopped because there's no way someone could actually be this retarded within so short a timeframe
Here's your last (you) m8, use it wisely.

I dont have a dog in this fight but

like I said, I didn't change much of it but thanks for letting me know

>lmao only I get to make subjective calls on what should be on the chart.

And of course, you immediately jump to the last refuge of the defeated; calling samefag on the multitudes of people informing you that you're a retard.

Please leave the thread and never come back.

Theres probably a few more in the JP up coming side that I didnt check. Its better to have them in the released section rather than the up coming section.

All translations are pozzed by definition, just play it in Japanese like everyone else.

I wouldn't say it's a mess, just too easy.

You're not wrong.

Gimme a nice screencap of an in-game shot and I'll add it in

Anybody got any idea which firmware the new 2DS XL ship with?

Updated: Nips got almost everything on their list
Gonna add in SRW later

compressed version

Apparently I hate video games now, because I've deleted almost everything on the list after getting sick of it, barring a few Sega games, and Blaster Master.

Nah. That's understandable. I didn't want to delete too much out of respect for the work the creator put in, and to not ruffle too many feathers (though apparently even some obvious choices to remove triggered some autism). If I had my way I'd delete most of the trivial games, but that actually would be a matter of taste.
Plus it doesn't help that the 3DS's library is objectively worse than the DS and GBA either. What games did you end up keeping on the list user?

Angry user here again. Successfully re-hacked the 3DS and updated all my shit. Probably lost all my saves it seems. But here's a HUGE problem I still have.

WHY THE FUCK DOES FREESHOP STILL REFUSE TO DOWNLOAD SUN OR MOON?!

Do you have enough space on your memory card?

And then FreeShop started crashing every time I launched it. So I re-downloaded the CIA, deleted and reinstalled the app, went back in, and now I've got Moon downloading as a sleep mode DL. FUCK yeah!

NEVER FUCKING MIND, BECAUSE I OPENED MY FUCKING 3DS AND IT SAID THE GODDAMN MOTHER FUCKING BITCH-ASS NIGGER DOWNLOAD FUCKING FAILED!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! WHY THE FUCK IS THIS HAPPENING I JUST WANT TO GET THE GODDAMN EVENT POKÉMON WHILE I STILL CAN!!!

What did you update? I have my N3DS with CFW stuck on 11.3 because I don't want to spend 4 hours following a guide in case anything goes wrong.Is it safe to update all the way to 11.6?

If your Luna is current, it's fine. I did it last night when I was fixing my shit as mentioned in my posts just above.

So if I can't get goddamn FreeShop to work, is there any other way I can get MUH GAYMZ?

Anons you need to update that too.

Did you guys also check out the "Other info and recommendations" at the bottom? Theres a shitload of games there that I think almost isnt even worth it to update.

3DSiso or nicoblog

It's been months since I homebrewed the fuck out of my 3DS and then stopped playing it and I'm too fucking lazy to update from A9LH to B9S so I can get the latest version of Luma. What am I missing, is my 3DS going to explode the next time I connect to FreeShop?

Nicoblog doesn't have Sun and Moon and 3DSISO is nothing but ad clogged bullshit.

I'd like confirmation and details.

Then stop being a whiny faggot and figure out how to get freeshop.

I did, man, but it won't work. Either there's some bullshit buried somewhere in my card that's fucking it up, or it has some serious bugs. I did manage to get Samus Returns. But it doesn't want to install Mario Kart 7, Super Smash Bros., Animal Crossing, or Pokémon. It's almost like I'm barred from getting online enabled games. Minecraft 3DS Edition also would not install its extra data properly.

Any of you happen to have some CIA files for these games you could up for me?

You're not missing anything on A9LH.

Thanks for the answer, buddy.

Oh wait, something else happened.

Something is amiss, or I retardedly fucked up one of the steps. Worst comes to worst, I can always download a CIA of Etrian Odyssey V, but I don't particularly enjoy removing and insterting my SD card repeatedly.

You have to delete the old titlekeys link.

Could that be the issue with my FreeShop as well? How do I delete this old shit that might be holding me back from playing Pokémon and Smash?

No, either freeshop variant should work. It's the titlekeys site that is probably the issue. Make sure the .gq site is the only link in your freeshop.

It woked, you're the best, user.

I got around to updating off of Cruels freeshop and onto Paul's fork. I can't fix the 'crash on start-to-close' thing, and I'm getting abyssmal (>100KB/s) download speeds. I tried the suggested fix of uninstalling, deleting the folder contents, and reinstalling.

Getting mixed feelings from this.

No.

Yeah I don't really know what to do about those. There's too many of them.
I'm tempted to just make my own much more compact chart tbh

I heard Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon leaked on cuckchan or cucktemp, someone send me the .CIA

Sorry to bother you again but how can I make sure my Luma is current?

You "heard" it on the USUM thread. And your best bet is to go and watch at the sources themselves, instead of waiting for someone to give it to you.

Goddamn, at least say please you rude fucking faggot.

Very impressive.

Can you do away with the "Done by: Nintendo General" bullshit in the top right? If this is the 8ch 3DS Homebrew thread, we need to distinguish our taste from cuckchan. I didn't contribute shit except I will say right now that Kirby Blowout Blast is not on there, and that it is very fun, and that maybe DeDeDe's Drum Dash Deluxe should be granted a 2X size thumbnail because that game is the shit, but otherwise so I don't really have a say, but it is something to consider. I don't want to be lumped in with blacked /vg/.

Oh my.
BY THE POWER OF QUADS, I REQUEST PEOPLE TO SEE IF THEY CAN HELP HERE

Now we're talking. I'll add in Blowout Blast, dunno if I should up the thumbnail size for a game because that's pretty biased, but it can't hurt. We could do that for any games that get glowing recommendations for anons though, so that's not a bad idea actually.
What should I replace the text from the top with? I don't want to outright lie and say we made the chart; that is a disrespect to the original work even if I don't care for the creators one bit. What sounds good?

archive.is/leDa8
archive.is/YJhNR
Some pokemon romhacks

archive.is/DHOjg
Fan translations/uncensorships/undubs from other sites; someone from here should back them up. I'm busy with the chart

We shouldn't have to rely on a forum for this shit though; but there's a decent repository there.

Concerning the links you posted, the first one provide the direct link for downloading the romhack patch, so I'll see what I can do with that. Hiding the links behind questions and not providing direct .cia or .3ds links is stupid though, and will only grow the creator's e-peen.

As for the fantrads/undubs and those, I definitely second you - Relying on a forum (and mostly with cucktemp doing the bridge) is a bad thing and should be avoided as much as possible.

Tell me what went wrong…

The thumbnail size increase addition proves too clunky to mess around with. Too much moving around and things I'd have to do to manage for space for it. Would you mind just a change in text color and/or font?

I tried a QR code. Is this the correct setup for working FreeShop?

I had this problem a while ago. Holla Forums doesn't know how to fix it, so you won't get any responses.

Is it possible to regular DS games on my 3DS without an r4 card?

Well, I am now trying Pokémon Moon again. If the sleep mode download doesn't fail this time, then it's all good.

Only difference with mine is that I have version 3.1.7

please spoonfeed me

What was changed? And why is the "upcoming english releases" still not corrected?

I'm finally looking at this, and realizing the list isn't in any particular order. If I went over to /a/, they have lists by year, then subdivided by genre. This list isn't even in alphabetical order. It looks like there is so much here, that it almost looks like it would be easier to make a list of 3ds games NOT to play.

I think this list needs a complete rewrite.

could a kind user please provide a link to the undub patch or a prepatched cia for Etrian Odyssey V

I'm going crazy over here

You're right. Fuck it.
This is gonna be my first time making a chart so bear with me anons.
I mainly just deleted, replaced, added and moved around a few titles. Can't remember them all, but I removed Awakening, Fates, Fire Emblem Warriors, and Pokemon X/Y, and Federation Force

Okay, what genres would be best to divide this up to? Try to keep it simple and relevant to the 3DS library. I'm thinking that we should divide to Tactical RPGs and JRPGs, Action/Adventure, Platformer, Metroidvania, Shooters, Shmups, Puzzles, Sports, and Other.
Anyone have any suggestions, removals or anything like that?

Actually I won't add in the metroidvania part; adds too much clutter

Okay, so an ARPG will count as part of the action-adventure category
JRPGs will be RPGs with a turn-based system, but little to no focus on positioning of units on any sort of grids
and tactical RPGs will be grid-based, turn-based RPGs
I wouldn't delineate these so much if it weren't for there being so fucking many on the 3DS, holy shit.

Oh! I meant the thumbnail size thing as a joke, mostly, though the game is fun - I would say leave the text and formatting as is.

If we're worried about taking credit for others' work, we can say: Pirated from the SJW-ravaged anus of cuck/v/

Yes, it is possible without an r4 card.

You could use a DSTwo Card instead :^)

If you completely restructure that shit, you are the one who made it, so anything you want goes.

I vote all Kirby games at the top in a separate "God-tier" section

I figured you were joking, but I thought it wasn't a bad idea tbh.
Always good to include stylized stuff in a chart like that. Its what gives OC its soul.

Fuck. And there's plenty of other "crossover" bullshit that makes it hard to categorize these fucking things.

Here's what I got so far; still working on it. Know its barebones and not very pretty; will add the bells and whistles later as I'm just working on adding in the gaimz right now.
Please feel free to suggest more and provide feedback or edit it yourself, its not that hard

That seems to be the case. You still need a card to get any decent emulation.

Replace EO2U with EOIV and EOV.

You sure? I've seen from both anons and credible reviewers that its bretty gud
example
nichegamer.com/reviews/etrian-odyssey-2-untold-the-fafnir-knight-review-fafnir-ly-perfect/

I'll add EO IV and EOV on, but could you give some reasons/justification for outright replacing it?

That's pretty much it really. You are better off playing 2 on the DS, EOU is fine comparatively.

Gotcha, will replace

You can use TWLoader/nds-bootstrap to run Nintendo DS ROMs from the SD card on a 3DS natively (ie. on bare metal without emulation)

HOWEVER, there are caveats
Basically, the TWL FIRM on the Nintendo 3DS, which TWLoader must piggyback off of, still expects DS games in the SLOT 1 for save files, this means some games don't boot at all. A workaround is to patch TWL to think that Mario Kart DS is in SLOT-1 (MKDS is used because it was made for many different save types) all this takes is to get ANY MKDS ROM, put it on the SD card, and set it as the "Donor ROM". This will fix a lot of games, but not all of them

Also, while the game runs full speed AFTER whatever part of it is loaded into RAM, initial loading is SIGNIFICANTLY slower than bare metal. This is because DS carts expect a parallel interface, but SD cards are serial interfaces. This can potentially be fixed with a more optimized patchset, but as of right now, all loading is very slow, and this can mean small things like entering in any battle in any of the Pokemon games.

Games that are SMALLER than the 3DS' maximum available addressable RAM Will be full speed however, as they are loaded fully into RAM at boot-time by TWLoader, bypassing slow SD read speeds entirely. This included Super Mario 64 DS

HOW FUCKING FIX REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Just tried Paul's fork and it crashed on launch like a mofo.

And then I just fucking fucked F B I permanently because I closed the screen while it was doing something!! CHRIST!!

So I deleted the version of F B I that I done fucked up, went to the Homebrew Menu, opened it there, and used a QR code from 3DS Titlekeys to try to install it through F B I. Not sure why nobody mentioned it as an option, but it better fucking work.

Looks like it can't get the decrypt keys

1.) use the updated FBI
2.) update Freeshop
3.) Make sure you're getting the latest URL with the latest titlekeys 3ds.titlekeys.gq/
4.) If all else fails then try CIAngel
5.) Stop spelling "FBI" like F B I because you look retarded

why?

Pokemon Sun becomes fun when you install the NTR Cheat plugin and use it to fuck around and mess with Pokes
github.com/AnalogMan151/sumoCheatMenu/releases

If you have an old 3DS you need to install NTR Mode3 to use the plugin. Lots of cheats, Pokemon spawner, fast run, instant text, removing wild encounters entirely, walk through walls
And even still it was at least better than the unpolished turds that were X and Y

Okay, updated my Bureau. (Look, I'm paranoid about typing certain things online.)

Seems like it may work. Also installed CIAngel.

Words cannot describe this sheer level of retardation. I'm not even going to ask

He's afraid of the government scanning for keywords when Holla Forums is down the corner.

Nope. Again, what the FLYING FUCKBALLS do I have to do to fix this shit? Surely there's some kind of corrupt bullshit files sitting around in the SD card somewhere that need to be just plain obliterated.

Found this from our cousins in halfistan

3dsiso.com/showthread.php?282945-Pokemon-Ultra-Sun-(EUR)-(Leak)

Why in the fuck are you using that garbage and not FBI or Freeshop?

Also dumb question, but you DID apply A9LH with Luma, right? Because if you don't, signatures won't be patched, and if signatures aren't patched you won't be able to intall anything.
How do you people even fuck up 3DS piracy and modding, it's even easier than on the Wii.

EOU2 is enjoyable if you pirate it fully, it does have a lot of nice features that should be in the main games (Like save slots, multiple colors, and the cooking system in its U2 iteration), but I can't recommend buying it because of how crazy the DLC is. Thank goodness the Nips rebelled.

and also, if you're using freeshop the correct URL is 3DS.titlekeys.gq/downloadenc
if you use 3DS.titlekeys.gq/ you don fucked up

I modded my 2DS ages ago.
Is there anything I can do with my console that will cause it to brick/get banned?
Is going online okay? how about street pass and all that?

If you're on A9LH, probably nothing will get you bricked, and even if it does you can fix it. Bans haven't been a big thing for a while now, but even if they happen all they can do is stop you from playing online (aka the Easy Mode of Monster Hunter) so no real loss even if it happens.

I'm trying everything in a vain effort to download a slew of games that somehow got fucked up in my attempts to download them.

Most games will in fact download. But somehow I fucked up Smash, Mario Kart, Pokémon, and Animal Crossing.

My best ideas at this point are:
1. Try the actual eShop. Maybe I have the tickets and it just wants me to download them though eShop.
2. Find and delete whatever folders correspond to the fucked games within the convoluted mess that is the inner workings of a 3DS SD card. (SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO DO THIS!)

Yeah, I did this. Currently, FreeShop has gone back to crashing on launch. Would using the 3DS boost help?

If one is to play a leaked game such as this, how does one avoid getting banned? Always have wireless off while playing it?

I think that's fine. If you want more ideas, check out the other charts for the other systems, or on /a/. Also, making a written rough draft might be easier to start with. For example:

Action/Adventure:
Monster Hunter (all of them?)
Shantae
Xenoblade Chronicles
Zelda (all of them?)

This will help keep games in alphabetical order.

There should be a waifu genre.

I used the repair function on eShop and I'm still getting pic related on Minecraft. So that's fucked too, but in a different way.

As for the various games that won't install,
MOTHER FUCKER!!
The eShop doesn't work either. Any method of installation is an utter failure. So how do I clear whatever fucked up data is causing this bullshit problem.

the problem might be your sd card. have you tried using a different one? assuming this is a9lh/b9s, just backup the entire sd card, reformat it and test it with something like h2testw if you only have one card

meant for

I'm currently attempting an upgrade from rxTools to Boot9Strap. Boot9strap is installed, Luma and payloads work, but sysnand crashes, probably because I didn't nuke menuhax first. Going to write 11.x emunand to sysnand after a backup, kill menuhax, and if it works and all my shit is there (minus DSi and GBA saves, I skipped those) then other people still hesitant can do it too. I'll be doing another DS after this as well, an O2DS, hopefully with less hiccups.

Correction: 10.5 emunand. Killing menuhax wasn't necessary after the emunand->sysnand transfer. It just werks. Doing another backup now and moving on to the next DS.

>After B9S is installed, follow the Moving Emunand guide under Finalizing setup. If you don't want to keep it for some reason, I haven't tried this, but #4 will probably be enough to kill menuhax and save your sysnand: 3ds.guide/troubleshooting#ts_sys_down

I don't know, as I myself got hit by the last major banwave, but I would turn off wireless, spotpass, and delete my activity log until the game is actually out.

All right, I'll try that.

So, lets say that I have 2 3ds with homebrew, can I perform a systerm transfer?

Bump

Just read his posts. He's been shitting up the threads with his retardation for a while.

Updated chart. Tell me what you want added, changed or replaced
I'm gonna add an asterisk next to unusual cases such as EO2U, with footnotes at the bottom

None of those are good.

I'm honestly considering removing them, but I know people would screech about it

just remove them

Lookin' prettty fuckin sweet, user.

Add Crimson Shroud

Alright alright.
I heard ORAS was casualized and streamlined to the extreme on here so I can justify that one. A fucking gamestop employee told me he literally beat it all on the first day it came out.
Got any strong reasoning for Sun/Moon being removed, besides
?

Will do!

Thank you very much user! I try my best

Sun and Moon were atrocious right from the beginning, treating you like you have every type of retardation there is.
It ran like shit when there was more than two pokemon in battle at once, which happens a lot.
The one thing Sun/Moon did well was Lusamine and porn

Good enough for me, its removed

Doing a great job, user.
Keep it up.

Yes he is, the best handheld entry is W.

W is great, especially in series list and writing, but it's way too easy even without abusing the SP glitch.

Updated again, the last 2 sections I am much more unfamiliar with so please pile on any games or feedback you'd suggest for it
I don't know what I'm going to do for the next section, maybe Shooters/Shmups?

I've seen nothing but unadulterated hate for that game on this board.

I've seen enough people call it decent, though inferior to SMT IV in a lot of ways

Meant for

It's fucking trash. Worse than SMT4 which is already a horrible game

Definitely replace its spot on the list with PQ. I have seen nothing but mild to medium-high praise for that game, albeit infrequently. It's a mix of EO and Persona 3 and 4 done in a fun way, and it has a good soundtrack.

You could also start a rhythm game section and put DeDeDe's Drum Dash Deluxe right at the top, then start a fighting game section and put Kirby Fighters right at the top.

I'll remove it tentatively until the next SMT and 3DS thread so I can gauge opinions on it

Add Sayonara Umihara Kawase and Kid Icarus

It took development time away from a proper Etrian Odyssey game, and you have to deal with constant "I prefer Purseowner" comments whenever people talk about Etrian Odyssey now.

You could throw on the Gunvolt duology

Will do!

topkek, you sure do love Kirby user. Thing is, I wanna avoid creating an entire section if there's less than 8 good games in it, or else the thing might look bloated. I'll probably end up creating a 'miscellaneous/other' section, though that one might end up being infested with games too. How many good 3DS rhythm games even exist?

Might be able to. That one I don't hear too much about, besides some mildly negative things, like the localization being bad on 2. Can you provide any justification for that one being on the list?

Well there's Rhythm Heaven, Project Mirai and the two Taiko no Tatsujin games for starters. Also Harmoknight was okay.

I'll add it in for now though

Not him, but it's another game in the vein of Megaman Zero, by Inti Creates. It's fast, it's got good art, and the double pack finally fixed the loc.

Also, it was 1 that had the bad loc job. It had all mid mission dialogue removed, all in-between mission dialogue removed, and replaced a lot of dialogue with memes and "xe/xer" gender politics. You legit only got story at the very beginning and end of the game.

That's 6 games including Kirbyanon's. I suppose that's enough games to create a section for it.
Anyone got anything else?

I haven't personally played Gunvolt 2 so I couldn't speak to how bad its localization is, but at least the first game is a solid action platformer. I think a lot of people got attached to controversy around 8-4 and didn't bother to check out the game, but it was one of my most-played games on the platform for a while.

You don't have to add it just to placate me, but I didn't think it's more of a questionable addition than the 3D port of Cave Story.

I thought I remembered hearing about that but I wasn't sure, that's good.

Rhythm Thief is supposed to be good.

I wanna keep games in that anons would generally rate a 7/10 (to use the shitty numbered scale) or higher, preferably 8-10/10
I haven't played Cave Story; could ya tell me what's wrong with the 3D port of it?

Took them fucking long enough, but yeah. The worst part was how the Striker Pack physical edition came out with the revised script for 50 bucks, and the patch for the digital version was delayed for like 4 months.

Seriously, those of us who supported them early got shafted TWICE. I couldn't condone buying Gunvolt 2 at launch after that, so I pirated the fuck out of it. Bought it on my Switch now that it's 60fps, but the bad taste will never leave. I'll consider getting Gunvolt 3 day 1 now. for the love of god Inti please don't let that cliffhanger hang forever, the suffering must end someday

It's really ugly, I don't like the remixed OST, and there's good reason to think that it's a result of Nicalis squeezing every nickel out of the IP against Pixel's wishes. There's also a port of the original game on the eShop anyway.

I don't remember any major gameplay changes so it's probably not that big of a deal, but it really ruffled my feathers at the time.

Thank you user. I'll remove it from the chart.

updated with Rhythm section, this thing is actually coming along nicely.

Just drop SMT4/Apoc they're really really bad.
I can list off everything it does wrong if you want, but… it's bad

Go for it. It can't hurt to hear
Though I can't promise to input your suggestions/criticisms into it

input all*

There's no vit so HP is just determined by level and an arbitrarily set value same with MP. Defense actually doesn't exist meaning every fight boils down to an hp check+your resistances vs enemy damage. Apoc is worse about this but that's more because it gives you pierce towards the end of the game meaning everything just becomes a DPS race.
MP is incredibly important to every demon because it's used for every special move, meaning a lot of physical based demons just end up being useless, but not like it really matters for the next reason.
Your MC is absurdly overpowered to the point of being able to 1 shot every boss after the first 2. Apoc tried to fix this by actually damage gating bosses, but failed because you just chain the damage gates together.
The smirk system is worse in 4 than in apoc, but we're focusing on 4 here. Whenever anyone crits/hits a weakness there's a chance they'll smirk, it makes them (in 4) have a massive evade, damage, and crit chance boost, and can proc off your NPC companion who you have no choice of who you get for certain bosses. Going up against the Ice dude, too bad you get the ice weak NPC companion 20 times in a row because RNG decided you do. Smirking in apoc is slightly fixed, no longer gives a damage or evasion boost, but now adds effects to certain spells, usually pierce. In apoc it can also be forced/removed by certain spells, but bosses get multiple turns so it doesn't really see much use ever.
The story in 4 is needlessly long and boring, the entire first 4 hours of the game can be completely removed and would create a better story, which is what they basically did in Apoc… except then in apoc you kill the final boss forever with the power of friendship and DLC.
Which brings us to the horrible DLC issue. In 4 there's no way to get enough app points for certain items without the DLC. In apoc super hard is locked behind DLC. You're harassed with buying the DLC every time you boot up the game too.

I could go on about the music being forgettable, the art styles between the new and old artwork not meshing at all. Look up the difference between the archangels, if you want to see how different the styles are. The main issue is that the combat just boils down to a DPS race that you the MC can win single handedly if you go with gun. Magic is useless because of resists being the only defense in the game, and your HP is basically set by your level

Chart idea: remove categories entirely, just list the games in a grid with a box under them with:

This frees up more space on the poster and eliminates the problem with figuring out where to put what game since you can just write "Action Adventure" "Action" "Adventure" or "Action RPG" for instance. A lot of charts in the past have done it that way as well, and I see nothing wrong with it. Then it can be organized by release date or game title, whichever the chartfag decides.

To add on to this user, Macca is a constant scarcity as your only source of it outside of sidequests is to grind relics (random items you find and sell purely for dosh), sell rareish items that don't sell for a pittance or use Fundraise app skills. Both relics and fundraise have shit payouts. There is also a store that sells unique armor sets that pretty much require the macca grind DLC to get unless you go full autismo on grinding. In Apoc difficulty apps are locked behind DLC, as you will never have enough app points to get them without the grind Dee Ell Cee.
The translation is also kind of dodgy at points for both 4 and 4A, 1 or 2 things are not translated at all, mistranslations or just shit that doesn't make sense (seriously, what the fuck is a foreign demon?)
They also fucked Neutral route as you are forced to side with chaos or law at one point and can't tell either to just fuck off. There's a hidden value that tracks your alignment and you need to be within a small certain range to get locked onto neutral ending, this wouldn't be an issue but the game forces quite a few heavy unavoidable shifts in alignments so you have to constantly flip flop answers to stay on track.
The worst offender of all its that its not just a bad SMT game, its a bad game in general.

This has nothing to do with whether or not the game is good. The game is good.

I'm just saying what everyone's thinking.

The purpose of infographs is to quickly and accurately convey information, and the signal/noise ratio is just much better with the categories format. Someone trying to find a Kirby-like game might mistakenly look at the "action/adventure" section, and then look at the platformer section, but there would be no noise whatsoever from JRPG, Rhythm, Puzzle, Sim, sections. Not to mention that in such a case, it is much easier to see which games are similar to each other when they are clearly visually grouped.

whats that?

Haven't played it, but I've only heard criticism against Zero Time Dilemma.

nice

add puyopuyo vs tetris on the puzzle games, although that was only released in japan.

i agree with this user.
ztd was a clusterfuck of disappointment, asspulls, and wasted hype. i'm still mad at how it turned out since vlr was just as good if not better than the 999.

Hadn't booted my 3DS in a while and when I did, it had the default theme instea dof my custom one. I went into CHMM to fix this, and it worked, but when I reboot it goes back to the default white theme. Themely doesn't fix it wither. Even if I just change my theme to one of the built in color themes like blue, it will go back to no theme when I reboot. any idea what causes this? All my homebrew and games seem to load and work fine.

Question, is there a way to install and play DS roms on a homebrew 3DS?

see

In short, yes to some games, but you need a DS cartridge in the slot for most of them, and loading can be slow as fuck.

Upon further research my SD might be dying. Time to backup 50gb of shit I guess.

If it's shit why are you backing it up?

It's part of the shit blizzard, Randy

Actually after running windows error checker with both options checked, the problem seems fixed.

Okay. Could you provide a bit more of an indepth justification for it being removed?

Thank you both very much for taking the time to do these write-ups anons. I personally like the game despite its flaws, and I'd give it a 7-7.5/10 when taking (most) of those into effect, at least for the parts I have played.
The combat while broken did still feel satisfying for a good while for me, and it felt both frustrating and invigorating to know that regular enemies could still pose a challenge to me for a good period of time into the game. Yeah, physical seems like its pretty bad to invest in. I was not aware of it being balanced around DLC, that honestly is probably the biggest thing dropping my opinion of the game. RNG bullshit is annoying, but I just tank through it and carry on when it happens most of the time. It was my first experience with an SMT game and the fact that it did morality from so many other kinds of games was very refreshingto me at the time with the decisions it forced me to take at times.
I also personally enjoyed what I experienced of the story, though the focus definitely felt lacking as it went on
Music wasn't great, yeah. Art styles was definitely confusing between a lot of the demons, I don't know what happened there.
I also don't remember having too many problems with Macca, but there were some when some of the stronger equipment became available.

I haven't been able to finish it since I've been away from my 3DS for a while and can't get back to it until the winter so I can't express any opinion on the endings. I'll take your words for it since you both likely have a lot more SMT experience than I do.

Anyways, ya took the time to express all of this and I can't disagree with most of what you've said. I'll remove it from the chart. Everybody has a bad game they like. Mine is SMT IV I suppose.

Careful, user. Intermittent symptoms are the tricky ones. If you don't have a backup of your SD card, as well as the individual game saves already, you're doing it wrong.

The silicon jew will not bite me.

notabug.org/Paul_GameDev/freeShop/releases
this link is more up to date than: notabug.org/arc13/freeShop/releases
in the op

Is there a list of games NOT on the freeshop?

Your first pic is to the titlekey website. This is the full link: 3ds.titlekeys.gq/downloadenc

Pissed as hell user here yet again. Formatted this bastard into the correct everything. But it better FUCKIN' WORK NOW!! I copied the shit back onto it, and it wouldn't boot. I then realized I may need to move instead of copy. But if the files are copied in the first place and I formatted away the original shit, I may have just FUCKED MYSELF!! But, I guess worst case scenario is that I simply have to repeat a few downloads. I mean, I already probably COMPLETELY FUCKED my game saves from the other 3DS, so, like… okay.

I did start playing Samus Returns, but I'm less than an hour in, so if I lose that, no huge loss.

user add Kingdom Hearts DDD to the action adventure category, that game is isnt too well known and came out in 2012 but its still fucking amazing.
Add kid icarus uprising too, its old but great too!

>>>/reddit/
>>>/4chan/

What the fuck is that cancer?

>>>/oven/

These are good, yes. I was surprised at how well DDD controlled.

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT, I WENT AND FUCKED MYSELF!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

CAN I UNFUCK THIS?!

fuck off already retard

Kill yourself reddit.

Wait, that game is on the 3DS???

I wouldn't be caught dead on Leddit, fags. Look, I've been at this fucking forever, and I'm really irritated with it.

Physical is actually the best thing to invest in for the MC because he has a large amount of MP. You can just dump into pure dex in 4 or pure dex/str in Apoc and become unstoppable. Only physical demons are useless because they have no MP

Well I created an ungodly hybrid for my MC (who uses a mix of physical and magic, and like, 8-10% gun if the bullets have an advantage type)
Apparently being a hybrid isn't really a very good option in this game. Also
This confuses me.

I backed up as well, don't worry. I should probably backup all my saves too though. I'm pretty sure my problem was a slight corruption that has now been fixed. The SD card isn't old or anything. It's also a Kingston.

Yeah I don't think it is. It should be, though.

Physical is a fantastic damage type in 4, issue is that all physical demons have next to nothing for MP, which is used for all attacks, meaning they're useless after one shot.

Why physical is so good is because the only damage determination is your raw strength stat. He already has a massive MP pool for your attacks because the devs are retarded, so you can just pump DEX with some luck if you really want to. Because multi-hit abilities have a fucked up damage formula in 4 and deal massive amounts. Apoc you have a choice of STR or DEX, multi hit abilities have been toned down, but STR has the highest damage move in the game. Basically don't use weapons ever unless they give more to your damage stat, they only influence your basic attack damage which honestly you should never be using

oh also another note, no demon ever gets the amount of raw STR/Dex your MC will have if you just pump it raw, so there's no real issues as very few enemies reflect/absorb or even resist phys

That's true, but is it worth losing out on smirks that you could be getting because most enemies and bosses don't get that applied to it either?
Extra turns seems almost vital in this game because

yup, you just kill the boss before he gets to move. Also you won't be getting smirks against bosses anyways, later on they become very crit resistant and have no weaknesses. You just need to be good with passing turns
In Apoc it's just whatever because smirks are just a free crit.

where my new pokemon at

They can't get on FreeShop until they actually get released on the eShop normally

Has the cia been leaked? Ive been looking but no success

Evening, niggers. It is I, the very angry user. I have successfully restored a good configuration to my 3DS. I will back it up ASAP. Now that the card is formatted right, hopefully I can install all games and not just some. Wish me luck.

There are usually people who upload games as soon as they come out on 3dsiso. I found it useful when looking for SMT: SJ. You should check out there if its there or not.
Btw pokemon is shit

Has anyone else experienced issues with freeshop missing games? I just updated to the fork linked in the OP, and I have it pulling titlekeys from 3ds.titlekeys.gq/downloadenc/. I have manually had it redownload the list of keys now, but it seems I am still not seeing games that are listed as being on the shop. The one I have been checking is Etrian Odyssey V. The Europe version comes up in the database, but it is nowhere to be seen on my console. There are only a few games I need to grab so I could just find them on my computer and transfer them, but I'd like to resolve this issue if anyone knows how.

read this

Nintendo has really cracked down on how early copies are being distributed apparently. As a result of the original Sun and Moon leaking like an entire month early

Pictured is the post I originally typed to go with this.

I uninstalled the old version of freeshop and everything before upgrading to the fork. The new link seems to be the only one listed in freeshops update tab as well. Is there anything else I could have done to fuck it up?

ultra moon got leaked apparently, im downloading now, will take a while to verify

The ones on 3DSiso are legit, playing it now. It's just Moon with extra shit.

cool, ill upload it to some volafile and link it here in a few hours
Maybe I'll nuzlocke to keep things interesting if its just moon again

I'm only a bit s in and the only edition thus far is mustache guys in the intro cutscene. Might Nuzlocke-light (bench til postgame, not release)

if youre doing that, at least turn off exp share

Was already going to. Will fuck around with it in between EO5 and Just Cause 2.

neat

volafile.org/r/HF33Go
Should be up in 10 mins

GO PLAY CREEPING TERROR.
It's pretty good and it's on the eshop

user with the two rxTools systems here. Just for shits and giggles, I successfully installed B9S on the rxTools 2DS with parental controls enabled and fully locked down. No access to FBI, internet browser, or homebrew launcher on EmuNAND or SysNAND. The procedure went as follows:

Hi everyone.
For my birthday, I got a New 3DS and her firmware is 11.6.0-39E.
Can I install boot9strap on it?

3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(dsiware)

Why do they ask for two devices?
Sorry but it's the first time I've got a New3DS, I had a PSP before and I don't really know where to start.
I asked for one because apparently Vita is dead.

It's because there's no one-system exploit that gives you the proper hardware access, but there is a method through System Transfer.

Forgot to mention there's no one-system exploit for your firmware yet.

So, can I downgrade my firmware?

You are not on firmware you can downgrade from yet, that's what we mean.

Shoulda got a less new one.

happy birthday :^)

If you don't want to wait for a new hax or try to trade for an older 3DS, you can do this instead:
ebay.com/itm/andoryuu3s-Ntrboot-Card-Nintendo-3DS-2DS-ntrboothax-magnetpwn-magnethax-CFW/332407381879
They may be a faggot, but I don't have the time right now to offer this kind of service myself.

I'll add those in.
Can you give some justification for why PxZ should be removed?

I don't suppose Ultra Sun was leaked as well? Pokemon Moon and Ultra Moon have thw whole "it's night during the day" shit which is really retarded

So, for now, if I want to game without pay, I should get a R4?

Hue

I'm willing to wait for a new hax but I need more infos like where can I know when it's going to be released or how it's advancing.

I followed the guide and I'm after the point of "Configuring Luma3DS". Where does "Show NAND or user string in System Settings" show anything? System settings only shows sys 9.2.0-20u.

I'm sure it did something. I see nothing indicating I've hacked my system otherwise. The next step is updating so I want to be sure I actually installed right.

Nothing I installed on my emunand is visible.

Nevermind, found out that GodMode works.

Why does the guide tell me to format my SD card after backup then restore? Is this really needed?

Don't question the guide, just follow it.

The guide is telling you how to get rid of your emunand after replacing your sysnand with your emunand. After this you will only have sysnand, and virtually nothing will be able to brick you since you can easily boot Godmode9 and fix it as long as you have a working backup. You would have to be actively trying to brick your machine to make it unsalvageable.

Can i not install the new freeshop fork throught FBI's remote install?
I'm trying to do it, but i always get the bad data problem when inserting the URL/QR code, and sockpuppet doesn't work at all. Do i need to do something with the download link or am i missing something?

It's really small, can't you just put it in the SD card manually? Also, uninstall the original Freeshop first.

My sd adapter is bust, and i need to do it as soon as possible.

bump

Is there homebrew that lets you add play coins?

walk you fat sack of shit
no idea

Pretty sure JK save manager lets you modify play coins but walking is also good.

JK lets you do it, it's in one of the bottom menus.

So can you hack the switch? Thinking about getting one.

Im interersted in that too, I just typed in Switch CFW on google and found a reddit post that said this.

twitter.com/daeken/status/929249713974427649

I have no idea what any of that means but apparently switch CFW is getting closer by the day! I recommend buying a switch with its firmware as low as possible.

If you buy one how do you update to the proper firmware? Also what are the common problems and solution like dock sratching or the joy sticks scratching etc.

Right now, updating is bad. I think they have their hack working on 3.0.0. But mario needs 3.0.1 to run, clever Nintendo. In essence, don't update your switch, and then have nothing to play on it.

It's too early for CFW right now. Maybe a homebrew launcher in a few months. Hacking a switch seems to be going considerably faster than the 3ds. Nintendo is probably shitting their pants.

Dock scratching is a rarity. Mostly first run, it should be fixed now. If you are paranoid, slap a screen protector on it. I read some guys put felt tape on the scratchy parts of the dock.

using b9s to run emunand was a mistake, anyone got a way to dump this shit or at least just a download? I want to see how bad 3ds games look at a not-shit res.

Why are you still using emunand?

I installed a9lh to use emunand
I installed b9s to use emunand
If it ain't broke I ain't breaking it.

Confirmed for overwhelming newfag either lying out his ass or making shit up to cover his shit taste.

It has already been months. Is it worth updating to boot9strapper already?
Luma3ds has been using it for the last couple releases…

No. check it out:
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases

Last version for al9h is 7.0.5. Nothing new with the newer releases.

THERE IS STILL LITERALLY ZERO REASON TO SWITCH TO B9S

I'll assume this is just a meme, then:

Useful for screenshots.

Meh, who cares, then.
I guess i'll wait a couple more months to change, then.

Is there a solution to not being able to type in Japanese if you're bypassing region lock and the game uses the 3DS keyboard?

Yeah, there's a cia that replaces the keyboard's useless "phone" section with the hiragana/katakana symbols. Google it.

Name so I can search for it? Is it reversible?

Just search 'japanese keyboard 3ds' or something, that's how I found it.

What's a fun weeb game that let's me romance some waifus?

Just went through all the steps to mod my 3ds without any problems or questions, did the Luma update, and now my system is asking to start an update like the usual 3DS auto update prompt. Just making sure this isn't a trap that's about to undo all my work.

Fire Emblem Awakening, though the "fun" part is pretty sketchy. You'll probably have fun for the first 1/3rd of the game and the rest of any fun that comes out of it is the waifu parts.

Rune Factory 4

If you're getting an auto-update then you didn't follow the guide, since it specifically tells you to update.

Is there any reason not to make the switch, though? My Luma3DS is still on 6.6.1, so if I've got to update it anyway why not just go all the way?

7th Dragon Code VFD lets you romance all the waifus.

I guess the line of thought is that something better might be in the works, so they just wait until it comes out.
Also, why bother, if you dont need to?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I've heard claims that B9S in it's current state takes longer to boot as well, but I haven't updated my machine so I can't say.

I must have done something right. I can load and install CIAs without any issue. HAHA TIME FOR PIRACY

Is there a way to transfer files remotely from 3DS -> PC? The SD card slot in the N3DS is in such an inconvenient spot.

In the system settings there's an option to do wireless transfer through the Network option in Windows

Cool, thanks

slightly updated, what section should be next anons?
I can't think of many fighting games, shmups, shooters, or beat-em-ups on the 3DS, let's see if we can get at least 7-8 for each of them, if not they're going into the "miscellaneous" category?

The gameplay becomes repetitive within a single play of the demo.

nobody has these files? I scoured 3dsiso but couldn't find them. Do I need to look harder?

What files does it need and why?

I really liked Hyrule Warriors Legends, as well as all of the Picross games. Something interesting to add would be a best of list of homebrew games, like the indie zelda games. Zelda Oni, I think? The multiplayer snake game.

Maybe the halo game. I don't have anyone to play with, but I imagine it's super fun to play with others.

citra-emu.org/wiki/dumping-system-archives-and-the-shared-fonts-from-a-3ds-console/
It needs these specific files because the devs are moralfags, and the dumping tool crashes my 3ds for some reason. I blame the homebrew launcher and emunand not playing nice but for all I know the program doesn't work anymore.

I strongly believe that an in-game screenshot with the game name underneath is much better. Gameplay trumps coverart, especially when I can find the cover literally anywhere else.

If I'd known it added screenshots I'd have done it much much sooner.

Doesn't B9S fix the need to have a deliberately corrupted boot0 partition? boot0 and boot1 are the same but 1 is a fallback if something goes wrong with boot0 (full brick if both are).

It is possible for the devs to still be moralfags but it is equally possible that they don't provide those files because Nintendo are overzealous fucktards when it comes to "defending" their copyright even in cases where copyright isn't the defense they should use and while emulation is extremely protected specific system files are probably not.

Providing them could get the project shutdown because Nintendo has lots of money and time to bleed out any would be defenders of the law.

it wouldn't matter if the dumping program to acquire said files actually worked. I didn't even know b9s had custom crash screens.

If you wanna type up the names and find in-game screenshots for all the games (some of which are quite rare to find literally anything on) be my guest
The chart can be edited by anyone, font is arial, standard white color.

Nah I'd just rather use the "shitty" chart.

Same.

Try this. my.mixtape.moe/aprohe.zip

Thanks user.

Any good place for GBA Virtual Console injects? Honestly can't believe Nintendo didn't just put those games on the eshop since they don't depend on emulation. Such a wasted oppurtunity all because of "muh ambassadorrrrs."

3dsiso has a dedicated section for it, you can probably find what you're looking for with little lurking.

Isn't Xenoblade Chronicles a JRPG? Single player MMO style rather than action adventure oriented?

Action RPGs that are not turn-based count more towards action games

Otherwise I'd count Zelda as a JRPG*