Man I got some pretty cool looking armor on

And that's when I knew ff12 would be better.

I never put attention to detail. I thought the arrow had managed to pierce his armor and was thinking it was retarded.
But would he really die if the arrow struck there?

I can't believe there's so many people who think this game has a barebones plot. I know the game seems almost universally loved, or at least not hated, now but back on release tons of gamefaqs-tier dipshits were whining about there being no story and how the characters sucked.

the fag deserve to die

Considering Basch is a dumbass who never bothered to learn cure and revive, sure. Doesn't explain how he sniped the guy back though, since he doesn't start with a bow license.

This shouldn't have made me chuckle. In any case FFXII was pants on head retarded despite making some good changes.

*gets curbstomped*

It really says a lot that the guy wearing a sweatshirt, corset, skinnyjeans and crocs is the most sensibly dressed person in the game.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Should I believe Ondore's lies?

I really feel like ff12 started development as vagrant story 2.0 and they just slapped the final fantasy brand on it with all the baggage, including vaan and penelo.

They kinda did with the manga since he's just a retarded punching bag for every other character rather than anything remotely like a protagonist. That never got finished though and ended on a cliffhanger with Ashe getting her arm blown off

Thats pretty much what it was, Vaan and Penelo were just thrown in because they were afraid the audience wouldn't understand the story and they wanted the fujo crowd

Seriously?

I would slap Penelo on me

I kinda like Basch's clothes, even though they make no sense.

After such a great cliffhanger I can't imagine why they would stop making it. What's the name of it?

It's just called the FFXII manga as far as I know. Also, that cliffhanger was probably done after they knew it was going to get cancelled just to end it on as sour of a note as possible.

Nigger, that's one of the best things that could have happened besides vaan being ejected into fucking space like that one marysue in eight.

It's the only real gore in the entire run. If that's not a sour note I don't know what is. It's not like we'll ever get to see just how more hardcore it would end up getting either, since it happens right when Vossler defects.

realistic armour is best armour

Silly fag. Only cute girls are immune to damage in that area!

Single piece breastplates are retarded though and were only employed by later cavalry.

when will breastplates be animated correctly instead of bending magically?

This game actually managed to do it mostly right, same with 11. There's a few instances of them fucking up though.

I love guns+armor bits there and there combination, shame it's so under-presented in vidya.
And the jrpg's that mostly portray it just do it in a retarded way like Valkyria Chronicles where everyone had armored nipple/breast-covers in addition to arm/leg-guards.

Never. They haven't even tried to do musculature right.

I liked XII a lot. I also like Vaan once he grows up a little bit. But Penelo is forever a cutie pie and that combat system was not awful, so…
Gameplay 8/10 i think gambits and licenses are fun but that's just my retarded opinion
Waifus 9/10 something for everyone even a trap
Plot 5/10 tolerable but not a strong suit whatsoever

Probably never. Most models have the entire torso as one flexible piece, so the breastplate just moves with it. Animating it correctly would mean extra work for a minor detail that most devs and publishers won't consider worthwhile, especially since the mainstream audience won't notice.

The only good FF was and still is 7.

You could just animate the torso, then slab some plates on it. I saw such animation in some games, although the armor did clip, most shoulder pads are tacked on to the model in such a way.

Or they could make the breastplate out of flexible materials and composites like a lamellar armor or something.

The plot is boring and the main character is annoying.

RABANASTRE IS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FUCKING DESERT YOU FUCKING GOOBERS, IF THEY WORE HEAVY ARMOUR THEY'D FUCKING DIE OF HEATSTROKE, WHY DO YOU THINK THE ARCADIAN OFFENSIVE TAKES PLACE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT?!!? CUS IF THEY DID IT IN THE DAYTIME THEY'D BE AT A DISADVANTAGE FOR FUCK SAKE.

You have shit taste.
Balthier is not annoying.

if Basch stayed the main character as was originally intended I feel like it would have been significantly less retarded.

Remember when they put a white shirt on Vaan and he looked actually okay?

pic unrelated?

Then why doesn't Rabanastre have air conditioning? What do you say to that?

Actually the best FF game despite its protagonist.

Would be cool if they decided to remake IV in the same style, but a IV remake itself is a pipe dream.

but they already did it. Did you perhaps mean VI?

The clavicle window, while believed to be foolish, was actually a tactically sound addition to some armors to distract the enemy with the beauty of one's erotic collarbones.

That's true, but it didn't really feel like a remake. Wish they would have made it in a more realistic style.

You deserve that episodic VII remake.

Haven't even beaten Revenant Wings yet because everything is in the fucking 50's while basically everyone is still below LV 40 for some reason and I have a vague grasp of XII.

Does Balthier fuck Fran?

This.

rather than realistic, something that mimics Amano's art would be nice. You'd need an engine similar to Okami's though

pretty much all the time always, yes

The sheer asymmetry with Cecil and Golbez triggers the fuck out of my autism.

How's the DS remake and The After Years, which I'm sure directly follows in its footsteps? I love the armor redesigns in it, especially Dark Knight.

Fuck yeah.

if you want to play the After Years, play the PSP FF4 collection. It has an additional chapter bridging 4 and AY

The DS remake of 4 does a lot of cool shit and twists up a few things.
Because there's voice acting (it's decent though not great), Namingway can't rename you and goes on a journey of self-discovery.
When a character leaves you they give you a goodie that lets you assign their skills to another member of your party
Edward/Gilbert is actually useful
The Tower of Babel robot isn't as cool, as it's now the guardian of the tower instead of a transformer
Palom and Porom depetrifying is still unexplained
The endgame is harder than before, with a level 99 party still having a tough time.

Vagrant story's director was directing 12 but he left halfway through development. They finished the game without him so you're not far off the mark really.
It also means this game is literally fan fiction.

That's Cecil's dark knight

shouldn't it be easier? assuming it's not some fruitcake design and covers the whole torso.

Look up Ashley Riot pls

That's obviously Batman.

He fucks Ashe too.

I never noticed it when i was a dumb kid, but after replaying it again a couple years ago you can really tell Vaan was never intended to be in the game at all. Like most of the major cut scenes he's in, he's either not there or they just show him by himself reacting to the story happening around him. Why the fuck did SE slap him onto the game so late in production? I mean Tidus worked as a blank slate protagonist because he was written into the story that way from the beginning. You can't take a fully written detailed story and slap a self insert protagonist in at the very end.

There's an interview with one of the writers floating out there somewhere that pretty much sum it up as Vaan and Penelo being re-written at the last second to be more positive and marketable characters. Vaan actually is instrumental in making Ashe not fall for the Occuria's plan but he and Penelo were still supposed to be more important. We'll probably never know the exact details though.

can confirm. first playthrough of the Zodiac version a few months ago, had to put it down. just as bad as FF XIII

Singleplayer MMO is the best kind of MMOs tbh.

w-whoa

Literally the only JRPG were I chose the English dub.

He grows on you by the end of the game.
Specifically the part where he impersonates Lhasa.

FF12 needs to be played on double speed. Made the grinding bearable.

Dude just cast aero to light up the heat lmao

Fucking terrible, might as well just replay FFIV

And the one weapon that would make total sense to dual wield, as well as being mandatory in the previous game, is now two-handed despite only using one hand in every animation. I guess they thought they game was easy enough as is.

Also literally only the JRPG were the English dub was done by actual stage actors and not just the importer's cronies and steve blum

DQ8 had theater people do the dub as well, but it's not nearly as good.

*nor

This is all I have.

Never.

Yeah, Vaan actually does help Ashe avoid falling for the Occuria ghost trick. And I like to believe the rest of the party has a silent agreement to keep him and Penelo around as disposable manpower.

I would bang that girl.