Team Fortress Thread

This is a random sample of loadouts I took today every time I was killed.
Personally I think all the crying about the broken artstyle is grossly exaggerated, even now in Halloween.
As for weapon balances, even competitive is starting to allow most weapons, and most complains are really nitpicky.
Also the game never stopped being fun

Other urls found in this thread:

gamebanana.com/effects/5146
teamfortress.com/?tab=blog
archive.fo/1vGy8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

more screenshots

fuck off

TF2 is like your grampa. You know he's old, but you got to keep talking to him from time to time to stay inside an old time.

Individually each word makes sense, but I just can't quite get what all of them together is supposed to mean.

What's you're favorite hat, guys?

I meant to live like him for a moment.

Don't you know memories work? : /

It never STARTED being fun.

Guaranteed replies: the post

Christ stop fucking caring about this hot garbage.

There's a special place in hell for Valve I swear to god.

mostly because the newest update made most of the banned weapons either less powerful (like the crit-a-cola losing it's speed boost) in a comp setting or butt-fucking useless (like the reserve shooter)
if you're talking about the official comp mode, its always allowed every weapon.

(OP)
this game is fucking horseshit nowadays. stop playing it and kys for defending and shilling it, mega assfaggot

Honestly…it started being fun now with the buff to the Eternal Reward. Pair it up with the C&D or the Ringer and the L'Etranger and you got yourself a backstab machine.

I fucking hate this game anymore.

Problem with Contracts is that you have to do it repeatedly…couldn't they just do it like an objective rather than having to fill up a progress bar?

Valve thinks that people can do anything in that game that requires some iota of aim and thought more than once, which would be alright if the game didn't come to a screeching halt and become a campground or a "friendly" server where fags help each other do those objectives. I just want a semi-decent match without retarded teammates.

Aim? This is the game where folks complain about a weapon that requires aiming to be useless because they can't shoot the ground to kill enemies anymore.

Some of the contracts involve airshots and other precision aiming shit as bonus objectives. Faggots can't aim, as you and I both know, so they have to either skip these objectives or farm them on "friendlies". It's like you've not played the game at all or something.

The art's not even that good, I could shit out better. The Team Fortress community really is a shit.

This is what I hate the most, halloween related contracts are awful because they require X crit pumpkin kills, X kills while enemy is scared, X kills with exploding pumpkins, X crit pumpkins picked up, etc and for every fucking halloween map that exists you have to repeat this process.
If you're actually play matches and trying to be a part of your team, you'll never fucking complete these objectives. I've been on the same halloween contract for the last WEEK because it's a nightmare trying to strategically pick a class that will fuck up an enemy the next time a ghost appears to spook them while still trying to stay active with the objective.

To be honest I never understood why people stopped playing this, never spend a dime on it and the pub experience, the only part of the game I ever bothered playing, is the same as it was when I first started.

Well crafted user, 10/10

That one Heavy exploit was the only way to end CTF matches.

That`s the problem right there buddy

Did they finally fix gamepad support in nuTF2 after the Mercenary Park update broke it?

Damn, what is this?
2012?

Same

Kill yourself

>not using gamepads on a game that requires absolutely no precision aiming and this includes Sniper like TF2

TF2 Ludicrous Blood mod a best.
gamebanana.com/effects/5146
Only works on community servers with sv_pure 0

The contracts for the Pyro weapons are free, if that helps at all.

Why in the fuck do I have three strange Red-Shite Recorders? I need to trade this shit for something better, the RTR is so fucking bad.
It might have been better if it not only downgrades sentries, but removed sentry ammo, made teleporters delay for a bit after being sapped and repaired, and made dispensers lose their metal.

I bought a hack client just to use the override sv_pure setting and see my mods.

Yeah..have fun doing nothing but mindless grinding

RTR used to be good (downgrades faster than the Engie without a Jag can swing his wrench) but the nerf just made it useless.

Can that get you VAC b&? If not, I want to know more.

Not as far as I can tell. Been running it with only that and the occasional ESP for MvM money for years now and never been VACed. As long as you're not using an actual aimbot or player/building targeting, the game seems to ignore you. I imagine this is because to detect elements that game within the world at real time, it needs to inject certain snippets to run. The sv_pure bypass is purely clientside, so this problem is null.

Is what you bought piratable? If so, give me a name.

I've been playing TF2 for over 8 years now and I still enjoy the hell out of this game. Personally, I think this game has aged like fine wine, for a game that's been out for 10 years.

And what would you do, go to a trade server and take a picture of the limest person you could find?

Lo-Fi Longwave

just like the game

Tyrant's Helm

Also Rate my Halloween costume

Deep Cover Operator.

Noh Mercy
Tiny Texan

Cute though i don't like the collar.

this is true even with Valve's incompetency of fixing things
too bad we're nerfing the shit out of it since its 'overpowered' :^)
I mean christ, those fucks can only manage to fix one thing and still ruining the fun for the rest. I still don't their whole goddamn philosophy of balancing, almost all their weapon balances basically amounts to 'this gun is not fun to play against, so we better nerf it to death than to actually give it a reliable counter' which is dog-fucking-shit if i could call it. Do you know why? since it implies the team in charge of """"""""balance"""""""" ran out of fucking ideas to do anything with the overused weapons, and instead of having the gall to actually make the rest of the underused weapons better (this is an easy route mind you), they did the most braindead shitter would've wanted, reduce a weapon's performance (and in hopes will make the rest of the sidegrades not shit in comparison)
What's more is that they also fucking apply this is weapons that are already shit (thanks to them of course) like the Heavy's melee or the sniper's razorback. Like why? They were already fucking fine in their own, hell they were actually underperforming but yet Valve decided to """"""""reworked""""""" them just to pander a bunch of fucking plebs who played the game.

The mercenary gibusvision set

One of the problems is that we don't have a strong content based community. The strongest voices that have Valve's ear are the competitive players that want to turn the game into a career, and by extension the leagues and tournament organizers that want to tap into the large player pool, many of whom have been shown to be either huge whales with plenty of discretionary spending, or plenty of time to grind away in the game. Most of the Youtube personalities that represent the 'public voice' of the community are run of the mill commentators and skitwriters, not the brand of autists that dig around with the best way to balance the game.

I'm seeing parallels between the balancing of TF2 and Dota 2. They're moving the game into a spectator game, cutting down on the downtime of the game and pressuring teams to be more aggressive instead of passive. Weapons and playstyles that naturally drag out the game (GRU heavies to mid, DDS snipers in stalemates, Engineers in general) have been stifled or outright nerfed into the ground. The reliability of certain niches have also been changed or nerfed (Loch, Degreaser, etc) because they negatively affect the stability of the competitive format; it took them nearly four years to accept the Ali Wee Booties into the leagues. This isn't to say their concerns are totally unjustified; games as careers and as long-standing franchises requires stability and teams of theorists to best balance a game (like how Dota 2 has 10-20 people entirely dedicated to balance and patching, compared to the 15 TOTAL developers in TF2).

It's a lot like embed-related. The changes to the game have been a reflection of successes in itself and in other games, but it does not change the fact that there's a degree of tragedy in what has come about for TF2 over the past 5 years. One of the ideas I've been working on is a sort of 'TF2 Academy' where the core aspects of the game would be communicated better to community, since the tutorials in-game are pretty poor, default settings are horribly subpar, and very little is done to teach new players how to play the game. One of the 'guides' would be to basic theorycrafting and alternate ways of playing the game; while vanilla layouts and 6's formats are so prolific, they are only like that because they cannot experiment lest stability falter. This is why pub builds eventually bleed into the competitive scene when seen for their merits. If TF2 was given similar treatments, and alternatives were encouraged and thought about, the game would continue to grow.

Also, running Gibusvision is tons of fun when there's teams of tryhards in pubs. The salt is delicious.

DDS Snipers are fucking gay unless someone is cheating on the other team though.

Well, we actually do a few have but its very, very overshadowed by personalities such as Muselk and his ilk. Embed related is a good example, but compared to CSGO's autists, the TF2 has really came up short in that department.
goddamnit, not this e-sports bullshit
Unfortunately though, this is too fucking true even with my utter most denial. There's a fucking streaming channel right in the fucking main menu screen for god sake's. I swear to god, if Robin was still working on this godforsaken golden goose, he would've had these retarded design decisions rescinded.
Too bad that won't be a thing anytime soon. See user, TF2's fanbase right now is split between the old blood and the new blood. The Old blood pretty much do their own thing as they always have, while most of the new blood are barely or not even learning any of the game's mechanic since the game requires next to no investment anyway. Hell, even the old blood themselves is also split between the Pubs and the Comps (fuck these guys in particular). Not to mention that the game is no longer 'in' so that what you get is just a bunch of experienced players running around with a little bit of middle ground between them and the F2P folks.
Not really no, The competitive scene (6v6 atleast) itself has a very, very divorced gameplay compared to pubs. What matters is the individual classes and their skill, not the synergy between classes it was supposed to be about.
Take for example, the Buff Banner. It is a AoE buff item that gives a 35% damage bonus to your teammates. To activate it you just need to do some damage. Here we already run into the main problems of it being viable when we place it in the comp enviroment.
1. The opportunity for the soldier to do any damage has pretty much cut to half thanks to the decreased roster
2. The decreased roster also reduces the opportunity where the team could use it to its fullest extent
3, Before the meter is charged, the buff banner is a dead weight most of the time. The passive bonuses the backpacks give out fell short compared to the Gunboats or the Shotgun.
and that's just 1 weapon
Again, Volvo decides to fuck over their own first golden goose because they're too fucking focused on making shekels money. Reminder that the Inferno update was supposed to arrive months before, and Valve just remembered it just so they could lump it with the halloween updates (thus so they could skimp on the halloween content, those lazy fucks).

It used to be okay since it just gave you a static max hp bonus, but then Volvo decided to give it a buff that made it into the most hated Sniper secondary it was yesterday.

Screenshot that I treasure every time I see it. Happy 5th anniversary btw

Like if the cunt considers herself talented.

That's tf2 tumblr to you.

Two simple reasons:

I thought TF2 was designed to run on slightly toaster-friendly settings?
I'm currently playing the game without any dedicated video card and im still getting 40-60 fps

Yeah, i fucking love dominating tryhards
too bad the truly good ones (better than me imo) have healsluts or are fucking cowards that hides behind sentry nests.

forgot pic lul

I could run the game on all low settings and get ~40 fps on average back around 2012. I try to run it now with all low settings + performance mods, I average 20 fps, and don't even ask about actually playing the game. God forbid I enter a server with more than 8 people, otherwise my framerate goes down to about 10 fps. This is on the same machine, no upgrades, nothing fucked with. I also couldn't stand the amount of bloat inserted, that I had to uninstall it completely. If I had something better than a toaster, I would probably still play it, but for now, it's physically impossible for me to derive any sort of fun from trying to play that clunky mess.
It particularly hurts on days like this, where I have a gigantic craving to play, but can't.

To my knowledge tf2 is a cpu intensive rather than a gfx card intensive game. Even with a world of optimizations, a better cpu would definitely run the game better.

I fucking hate this game. I thought I'd grown out of it by 2013 but I keep revisiting it every few months. I don't even have that much fun anymore, I'm just playing it for the sake of playing it. Nostalgia is a bitch. The Orange Box came out during my second year of high school and I played the shit out of it when it was still common for people to use voice chat and average player was post-pubescent. Now everyone is an autistic bind-spamming redditor., and I'm still playing it. It's like an abusive relationship. FUCK. sage for blogpost

What in the literal FUCK valve? You didn't even bother MAKING a halloween update and halloween mode is disabled already? I WAS STILL FINISHING CONTRACTS YOU FUCKS

Pyro's boot hat.

noob down ︻╦╤─ – – –

END MY SUFFERING

diffusing this before the thread becomes a shitpile of retards who can't be bothered to check the official blog
teamfortress.com/?tab=blog
archive archive.fo/1vGy8

see
It's a fake, silly.

Valve have been known to be retarded, user. This has been going on for a long while now.

That doesn't make me feel much better, considering that update was october 26th, and only ran through to november 8th.
13 days of halloween, with nothing to show for it but time vampire contracts, I had only JUST started a ghost fort contract, and the 2 bonus objectives were:
* Escape loot island 0/3
* Stun Merasmus (where you get randomly picked to have a bomb on your head) 0/30
STUN THE FUCKING WIZARD 30 TIMES, WITH ONLY A 1/32 CHANCE OF GETTING THE CHANCE
what a colossal waste of fucking time, this was no better than the fucking gargoyle update

It's time to stop using a toaster from 1998, user. Get a real computer.

Good advice. I never even considered doing that. Really thinking outside the box, user.
I'll just go magically find a job in jobland and start making money so I can buy the things I want.

LISTEN HERE YOU LITTLE SHIT IF YOU THINK BABYSITTING YOUR RETARDED TEAMMATES THAT THINK THEY CAN JUST RUSH TO A POINT WITH 3 FUCKING SENTRIES IS A PIECE OF CAKE WITHOUT A PLAN WHILE TRYING TO SURVIVE ON THE FRONT IS SOMEHOW RELATED TO YOUR GAY ASS MMO FANTASIES THEN YOU'RE FOR A TREAT
BECAUSE BOY I SURE LOVE 4 SCOUTS ON MY TEAM WHEN IT'S THE LAST PUSH/CONTROL POINT ON PUB.

Yes user has a shitputer, but people only have shitputers when they can't afford goodputers. Having a bad computer doesn't excuse bad game design.

Get a job you worthless welfare parasite. Even retail is enough.

Sometimes that can be really hard, user. no bully poor shitputer user

I will bully the shit out of him. He doesn't have a blacklist against him or anything, he's just lazy.

TF2 medic sucks dick. The person who thought the syringe gun was a good idea needs to be put in a crate.

I
CAN'T
GIT
A
JOB
FUCK OFF IF YOU HAVE THE READING COMPREHENSION OF A 5 YEAR OLD. I FUCKING HATE YOU AUTISTS

You're not even trying. You're lazy. You don't have a blacklisting from an old employer with a vengeance. You don't have a crippling disability. You're lazy and whiny.

You don't know this user's life, nigger. He could be a lazy fuck, or he could be trying the fucking hardest he can to support himself but is having difficulties. He might have an old employer with a grudge, he might have a disability, and you're a faggot.

He's given no indication of anything and this isn't fucking tumblr where you assume every whiny faggot has the best excuse in the world.

Exactly. Now that you're said that, look at your own posts :^)

>Stay inside an old timer

Get a job.

Stop baiting. He might be a fucking failure who smokes pot all day and you'd never know.

That's the Holla Forums I remember. Get a job. Your bunkmate too.

The game died for very good reasons, as did this shit thread

You reach too far. Instead of coming off as a bully, you just look like you have dysleixa and can't understand written language.
Won't even bother calling this bait, you're sticking your hand in a fish tank.

Any other engineer mains here? remove demospam

Spiral Sallet.

Alright user, I will actually help you. Get an A+ cert. Get the money for the exam however you think you can…. Once you have that, pretty sure they never expire and with it you can get an entry level IT help desk job. As long as you aren't a poo-in-loo you can probably get a job since it's always higher quality than what poo-in-loos do. Oh, make sure to learn SQL too.

There, now you have no excuse. If you're literally anywhere inside the first world, you can and will get a job because of the expansive nature of IT atm. If you're not in the first world then there shouldn't be enough (((regulation))) to keep you from getting a job.

s
a
g
e

F
A
G
G
O
T

Basically Gunslinger + Frontier Justice combo

I prefer the Jag, tbh.

I'm a pybro, is that good enough?
Man i miss when people actually do the objective

lol

Doing the objective and trying to coordinate your team is considered tryharding. You'll have to go to comp for teamwork, buddy :^)

Pretty good. I don't usually mind spies so much as demospam. At least spy takes skill enough determination to waste your time learning engine exploits for facestabs.

You dont learn facestabs, those are pure luck.
You need to learn trickstabs like the stairstab or cornerstab to play spy.

I thought that pic was about back to the future.

Dead thread, have a bump.
Also:

I want the hack that makes sv_pure null and void in casual.

So what are those anyway? I bought the game when it came out and still played for a while after it became f2p, but those were added long after I stopped playing I guess.

Trickstabs aren't particularly difficult to pull off. They're also almost entirely desperation moves, unless you're playing against retarded pubbers. The real trick to playing spy is learning to predict what people are thinking and trying to exploit their blindspots. Knowing people will be less likely to watch for spies when making a push into the objective being a basic example.

They started doing contracts a couple years ago I think, basically you get a repetitive message telling you "Contract available" and if you activate it, you have to complete some objectives like do X so many times, there's a primary objective which is essentially moot since you'll gain points towards finishing it just playing on a valve server, then 2 secondary objectives that aren't essential towards completing the contract. The reward is pretty much only cosmetics that are cannot be traded or sold on the market.
They waste everyone's time and I'm sure the only reason they exist is to inflate the player count on valve's official servers, because now it's entirely linked to their shitty matchmaking service.

Sounds horrible. I mean unlocking shit in a single player game can be nice, but I always thought shit like this was distracting in multiplayer games. normalfags seem to gobble shit like that up though.

all in all p gud update 7/10

Didn't that wrench got nerfed to shit, besides the alien one?

sv_pure 1 is a fucking mistake.

Correction
Valve server's whitelists for modifiable files on servers was a mistake.
It's fucking retarded what isn't allowed to be replaced.

Where the fuck are the servers.
Every single fucking one is either some shitty map like higher tower, a longer 2fort, etc.
Ones that aren't are fucking trade/achievement/other non-playable mode.
The ones running good maps are 'Friendly' servers where you can't play the fucking game.
Then the one server I found running a normal map was some shitty uber upgrade mod that made everything too much of a cluster fuck.
WHY CAN'T THESE FAGGOTS MAKE GOOD SERVERS

Yeah it's quite strange. With the introduction to Casual in the horrifically shitty MyM update, all of the good community servers just fucking died for seemingly no reason.

Its been going on ever since Valve stopped using community servers as the only servers. I fucking hate it.
Used to see cool shit like maps based on old vidya, kakrio village, a pacman koth map where the point moved, a giant sandwich making table as a map, all the rats styled maps actually, convoy, mario kingdom, booster tower, so many great maps that were actually fun. Just dead now.

Quickplay pretty much killed community servers by handing over any and all players using it that had community servers enabled (Which was off by default) over to big server groups like Skial. So it slowly became the way of things to, when you wanna play vanilla, you just play a Valve server and if you want to fuck around in some gimmicky mode like VSH or trade, THATS when you ventured into community servers, so pretty much all vanilla servers died out. MyM was a pretty lateral move after that.

The real question is why arent we getting some people together to fuck with Casual servers?

Dude tell me what we can do to fuck with them and I'd be glad to.
Though I did notice, at least for a little while, sprays were enabled again. I haven't seen one in a while so they may have been turned off again.

alternatively we could just play normally and hang out

Already do that, granted I don't have the numbers advantage but people know what the mute is now I think.
Maybe just raid reddit or something. I'd be willing to bet if we found/made some servers that ran custom maps and spammed them there we could kick start something.

afterburn was radically buffed and is now the most important force in the game

so just like real life jews huh

It was all fun before the MyM came into full effect. Used to have friends to fuck around in TF2 until they went full furfag. As for current TF2 I guess it's a bit fun and at least it's not goyimwatch.

these are halloween restricted

Reminder to be careful which server you join in the browser. You may come across this fucking horseshit.