Total War

News concerning historical titles.
techraptor.net/content/an-older-total-war-game-is-going-to-receive-a-new-campaign
archive.is/WJuMk

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/iMagA>>13757838
store.steampowered.com/app/694880
totalwar.com/blog/empire-divided-power-politics-faq
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Old Testament Total War mod for Rome.

Finally, can't wait!

Excited to play through the Israel and BTFO the Assyrians and prevent the Babylonian captivity from happening.

Medeival 3 Total War when
Middle Earth Total War when
Asia Total War when
Shogun 2 Total War style enhanced multiplayer with customization and progression for Warhammer Total War when

WE WUZ ROMANZ

Thankfully, I have the retail version, so I'll be fine.

Hopefully never, unless they decide to unfuck themselves completely and make a proper game again.

Why would you want something that would clearly be inferior to the Medieval 2 mod?

You're probably right. Medieval 2 with Stainless Steel still kicking ass. But I want to give CA a chance to redeem themselves.

Because muh official

The Byzantine Empire
Denmark
Egypt
The Holy Roman Empire
Hungary
Milan
Moors
Poland
Portugal
Russia
Scotland
Sicily
The Turks

Have fun.

Why does the Bulgarian Empire just not exist for game devs?

I wouldn't be surprised if that's the goal, maybe some big ones like SS will get eventually updated but most will just fade into obscurity because the folks who did em are long gone.
Also expect them to just fuck the game up in general with retarded "balancing" and such to make it practically no fun to pad the way for a new game/dlc.

After all can't have those goys keep playing older games!

Bulgarian detected. Be careful what you wish for, lest your country be portrayed as being full of even darker shitskins

Well nobody will appreciate being portrayed as shitskins since we live close to shitskin and know their nature. If it happens forums would probably be in fucking flames.

HOLY FREAKING BASED!

Every new release I hope that they have fixed the glaring issues that I have lately with the series.
And every time I am disappointed again. Wider audience was a mistake.

W-well, at least I'd get France.

There's a Med2 mod in development that focuses on South and Eastern Europe as well as Anatolia which will have all the small nations previously ignored.
I think it's called The Great Conflicts.

Honestly, I doubt they'd ever do something like that.
However, I did notice that companies have completely stopped showing their older games on sites.
It's funny because the earliest game that CA lists is Empire, which is over 8 years old now.

They're willing to display that shame, but not anything that came before it.

Cant you change versions on steam?
atleast on paradox games you can do that, old updates are listed as betas

My money is on Shogun 2. CA likes to pretend Empire doesn't exist, Napoleon is too limited in scope. Rome 2 is too recent and a shitshow while M2 and R1, as well as the first Shogun and Medieval 1 are too old.

Its Shogun 2 or Med2.

I'm hoping it's not M2 because, as others have said, that will fuck up the mods, and I will kill those fuckers if they mess up EB2 for me.

Total War started to suck once they released the buggy DLC ridden shit show known as Rome II, Warhammer was really the nail in the coffin. If you paid for any of this or enjoyed it you should feel embarrassed.

Now I'm wondering what the expansion will be about. If it's for Shogun 2 they might do a remake of the Mongol invasion from Shogun 1, if it's Medieval 2 I have no fucking idea where they'd go with it. They can't go too far back because of Attila, nor too far into ahead because of Empire. What period are they going to cover then?

Because the ones before Empire, Rome and Medieval 2 in particular are the best in the series and can't have newer goys just buy and enjoy those.
TW-games are pretty much timeless classics for the most part.
The 1st Medieval and Shogun are quite bad looking graphically if we look at them now but Med 2 and even Rome still hold up well and it's not like the core customer-base of TW-games care much for graphics as long as they are passable.

I like them more than the more modern ones, especially the "boardgame" map aesthetic they had going, and the 2D sprites are all kind of neat. Shogun 1 also had features that subsequent games lacked. In no other TW game can you betray your ally mid battle IIRC.

I wanted to think this would be an Imjin War expansion for Shogun 2, but apparently Rome 2, Medieval 2, and even fucking Empire have more players on Steam. I liked Empire, but I didn't expect it to be on Steam's top 100 played games list, especially with the way people talk about it. Medieval 2 probably has a lot more people playing non-Steam versions, but there's no way they would go back to an older engine.

That would be pretty fucking cool. Purging gooks and chinks in the name of Glorious Nippon would be all kinds of fun, but I can't imagine them doing it in this day and age because it would make China extremely butthurt, plus they are too fucking lazy to create a whole new faction based on China. Shogun 2 would definitely benefit from allowing you to continue the campaign after you unify Japan and assault the mainland, mostly because of the possibilities in terms of unit variety.

Screenshot or you're lying.
Despite bring flawed as fuck, Empire is still worth it, but I can't believe more than a few hundred people, if that many, would be playing it.

I liked Rome 1 and Med2 graphics the most.
Everything is clearly visible at all times and your units don't look like a mangled mess when they clash.

You can blame Warscape for that and pretty much everything wrong with TW outside of AI. I wish they'd drop that fucking engine already.

Doesn't matter if the AI is garbage.

I didn't believe it either, but here's the current number of people playing Total War games. The second picture is the bottom of the top 100 from Steam itself.

Is warhammer 2 the exact same game as the first, only with more factions?

There is no hope for this series.

Good on Empire for still going.

I haven't played either of them, but from what I understand the two of them are set it different parts of the Warhammer world, and have completely different sets of factions. If you own both, you can play a campaign with all the factions.

Anyone who thinks this isn't just a Rome 2 expansion is building false hope. Rome 2 is the second most popular Total War game being played right now, after Warhammer 2 and before Warhammer 1. It'll probably include some sort of Legion multiplayer mode similar to Avatar Conquest. They haven't been capable of fixing basic common Medieval 2 bugs ever, so I doubt that they could update it (or anything older) if they tried. Shogun 2 is possible, I'd doubt Empire or Napoleon.

My best guess would be a Rome 2 expansion with a grand campaign that takes place either before Rome or after Christianity.

Never because everyone will shit their pants about units designed to counter each other and a shit family tree and limited strategic map and then turn around and continue playing the exact same thing I just described. It's not possible to release Medieval 3.

Shogun 2's Avatar Conquest should have been a default inclusion in all future games, and the features need to make their way to the actual campaigns. Rome 2 almost did, but the legion system was incredibly shallow and pretty poor. Warhammer's special unit feature was just a way to push more DLC without making new units.

You do know that in the rest of europe people (also known as normalfags who reads ((mainsstream media))) think you're gypsies.

The downfall was Napeoleon Total War. Rome 2 was just their attempt of going back after a miss and make gold again, which they didn't of course.

Third Age Total War already exists and is excellent. It was made by king Kong, the same guy who did stainless steel

Empire can go fuck itself along with its garbage game engine that they've never stopped using.

It was also finished buy some guy who also did the balancing for it. So it was actually finished some time ago.

Rome Total War, Rome II or Medieval II will get expansion.

Though would be better if they workshop for Rome Total war or Medieval II

There was a sequel?

*if they added

It's basically a shitty expansion pack sold as a $60 game.

Mediaval 2: African Kangdoms + mandatory realistic European diversity DLC?

It'll probably be Shogun 2. It's the oldest game that still runs on the current platform (I think), but besides that, it's still a recent enough game that they'd have a market to sell an expansion to.

I think it's bretty gud.

Congrats, you are now a certified faggot. Please show yourself into the gas chamber.

I've seen several people suggesting Pike And Shot era.

But does it matter? Does anyone trust it to be a good game? Hasn't creative assembly proven that it can't making anything other than cash drains for fanboys?

Isn't that basically what Shogun is?

It's an expansion, so long as they don't make it for Rome 2 or Empire there is little chance they can fuck it up.

You underestimate how incompetent they are.

congrats you're a certified sheep. head into the liberal herd and spout about things you've never experienced. Just pirate it retard, it fixed alot of things that plagued the total war series for awhile. Like broken charges and 1v1 animations for soldiers.

Shame they don't try to go more indepth towards something like the New world with aztecs'n conquistadors'n shit.
Kingdoms was pretty good but still quite lacking though that was probably all the hours of Stainless Steel vs basegame.

Shogun is fedual japan with guns in the later half unless you play Otomo who get guns right off the bat. Pike and Shot is like 1600-1700

I think he means in terms of gameplay.

man in the middle of an explosion saying "jesus christ".jpg

What historical scenarios does CA even have left that isn't more of the same? China, including central and south asia?

1550-1700 Europe.

Is there a Med2 mod for that period?
I always had an itch to play something like that.

I'd love a game centered on actual Bronze/Iron-age Yorop instead of the classical that is Rome.

End game Med2 is kind of like that if you figure out how to micromanage pike and musketeers.

Holy shit why didnt I think of that. Use the pikes to keep enemy models at bay and pop them with the guns. I remember the funnest game I had was when I got OP with venice and expanded east then the mongols and timurrids invaded and I had a hard time fighting them even with my entire world ending army focused on one point. Then we had a glorious bridge battle where they ended up winning because guns are shit and those organ guns with slow to reload.

Remember that it's supposed to be a campaign for one of their older titles, so it won't be too far away time or location wise not a game unto itself. So I don't expect Asia due to location, or Victorian pike and shot since the likely candidates are Attila or Rome 2. I'm putting my money on Attila with a glorified Medieval 3 remake.

There are supposed to be three in total. First one is set in the old world, second one covered Lustria, Ulthuan, and Naggarond. Tomb Kings is looking to be DLC and they stitched the two warhammer games in Mortal Empires.

Proper pike and shot would be a Pike Square with muskets mixed in. But yeah you can kind of emulate that.

If they were going for sexy why did they make the head look like that?

i think i got the trenchant insight on this one, oh prince of lies

Is it at least made of silicon or is it just static metal?

What the fuck
Are they made out of gold and fed diamonds or something?

1648 - Thirty Years of War or Eras: Total Conquest

You forgot

Hit points are nice, but the range doesn't make up for the upkeep. without ranged weapons you'd be able to put them to far better use as hammers or suicide chargers with their >animals may run amok.
With that charge bonus they'd be excellent for wiping out engaged heavy units/generals.

I was joking about the long range missiles and hitpoints thing since hitpoints means shit when 90% of the enemy army consists of units which throw spears and the long range doesnt matter to me since my basic archer unit are indian longbowmen and my generals bodyguard are heavily armoured longbowmen
I hate Elephants and Chariots in TW games, due to them either being made out of glass (chariots in Rome 1 or 2) or run amok (elephants in general) and their high upkeep cost and their shit value in autoresolve
Yes their charge bonus is nice, but is completely negated when only one elephant actually charges in while the rest just walk into the fight, like its with almost any unit in Medieval 2

Why do people keep assuming Chinese will get butthurt of a game that is set during a warlord -or war period in China? I have seen the same argument before just used by people saying CA won't make a total war game set in China because it will offend chinks yet ROTK by Koei is one of the most popular games in China and the Imjin war is one of great pride.
You ever seen Chinese historical dramas? One is set during the fall of the Ming dynasty were the Ming emperors hangs himself and ends with the Manchu occupying Beijing.
Chinks are known to romanticize shit out of every war period, even those that are seen as great tragedies. ie Manchu Conquest.
I would like to see an Imjin War for Shogun II too, mostly because it would be nice to see how much they fuck up designing the Korean and espesally the Ming armies despite the fact that there is a whole website designated to the Ming army.

Because Japan invading them and raping their virtual ass is not going to go down well in modern China.

Have Shit 2 and Shitillia been gold boxed yet?

Besides stuff already mentioned you have India, and Homeric bronze age with heroes and epic quests and shit

Anyone else tricked by the mortal empire hype and disappointed as fuck?

Oh I am a idiot, you said China not Chinese. Ye, CCP and their media control committee get extremely butthurt about this kind of stuff. Games like HOI and DH is popular among Chinks but its banned in the mainland because showing ebin Tibet and Manchukuo.
On the other hand Imjin War is set in Korea and of great pride to Chinese, don't know about how the CCP would react tho, probably not positive considering it would show an Imperial Dynasty do what the republics never managed, without great losses that is.

You'd find plenty in common with the folks at cuckchan.

Still no crack for it

So, what mods, besides Steel Faith, should I get for warhammer2? And after the update, how is now the mortal empires mode? Or it is stillvery flawed?

Fuck yourself, Warhammer 2 is good, for Rome 2 they released Emperor's Edition for free and even fixed all bugs and even apologized, Warhammer 1 is good.

Most old world factions play out exactly the same as the first game except you can take other races cities now (without mods).
Confederation is much harder to achieve now, and you can't make anyone a vassal (possibly a bug.)
Chaos now spawns like it does in the vortex campaign, so it starts off in your lands and only goes for you.
There's also other little bugs, but basically the mode feels too unfinished and untested, and too similar to game 1 for me to bother finishing a campaign.

Fuck yourself, Warhammer 2 is good, for Rome 2 they released Emperor's Edition for free and even fixed all bugs and even apologized, Warhammer 1 is good.

Still couldn't fix the shit heaped upon the travesty they call an engine.

They only managed to make a good game when they stripped out all the mechanisms that made prior TW games good? How the hell does this help them make another good classic TW game when warhammer is more like an action strategy game than the older titles?

Calling it now, it's going to be a Total warhammer 1 campaign.

They said older game. It's either Rome 2 or Shogun 2, and my money is on Shogun 2.

I say its either going to be Rome 2 or Attila
I don´t really care which of the games it is, I just hope its going to be something interesting

Fuck Rome 2 and Attila. In a just world they'd do justice to Medieval 2 or Shogun 2.

surprised to see some minor hate towards Napoleon, that was the last time the melee system wasn't fucked up. I'd shill for a WW1 total war in the future but I'm sure I'd get yelled at for it. Shogun 2 is great but if they do an expansion they should improve the melee system and make more use of firearms.

if its gonna be Shogun 2 DLC, Russian-Japanese War?

I guess. it seems alright. but wasn't that a minor conflict in retrospect?

I couldn't enjoy Shogun 2. The building limit takes away the choice of building up your conquests or simply training more units as soon as possible and taking more land.
My opinion might be soured by the fact that I opened the case and found a goddamn sheet of paper with a steam code on it.

It's an Irish campaign for Attila.

The Russo-Japanese War was a bigger conflict than the Boshin War and Satsuma Rebellion.

There's the Irish thing, a new main historical game, and the mystery expansion.

SHAMEFUR DISRPAY

I want a full Viking total war already.

Attila and Age of Charlesmagne were pre-Viking.

What the fuck does this even mean?

Medieval 1 has the Viking Invasion expansion.

That was archaic though.

I want an 3D expansion centering around the Viking age.

There is a Danelaw mod focused around Ragnar Lodbrok and his sons for Attila that is breddy gud.

Gott mit uns!

That does look darn cool, thanks user.

oh well… I hope they'll expand it.

I think I played every single Total War game up to Rome 2 but never finished a single one of them. Idk, it usually feels like the balance of the game gives up in mid game. Never played a modded one btw

"A-am I one of the cool kids yet, Holla Forums?"

Taiping Rebellion when.

It's still the same shit game with the same shit engine, except that now it's all "working as intended."

rome 2 wasnt terrible
i play it because it isnt absolutely complete shit and the graphics are nice

ahem ill have you know that my first total war was napoleon ;^)

Just play Europa Barbarorum 2, lad.

There isn't a whole lot you can do modding the map. The niggers at CA hardcoded them

how can a single person be so utterly based

Jesus, that's some next level kikery.

It really should have been an expansion. But I need my Warhammer fix, being the shameless junkie that I am.

What's good/bad about it as opposed to older the older titles?

Could be in space. Could be Ancient China. Could be anachronistic. Could be a lot of things.

That mod already exists.

Got a link? Can't find it.

Link it then.

three kingdoms: total war

perfect timing too, because KOEI hasn't made a decent ROTK in over a decade. could be a shogun 2 expac.

Holy shit that triggers me. I'd get it if we were speaking of the Meiji era, but not fucking 500 years ago. At this time I'd jizz over the Chinese. I mean, it's like choosing the Germanics over the Romans, it's retarded.
Fuck are you a weeb? Or a nu/pol/fag? Why do you people obsess over this?

*also
Nope :^)

I got wawa 1 only for 12 bucks with bundle and even i feel fucking embarrased for falling for that dlc ridden shit

Wait, you paid for Warhammer?

Holy shit this is unique isn't it?

*or did you just not change the filename and I'm a fucking faggot?

Some people just wanna remove rice and you're gonna have to deal with it.

Hold up, you're telling me you paid for a cracked game?

I've been had!

But the Japs are rice.
I'd conquer them all as Spain.

Time to word that better, Remove Mainrander.

I keep buying TW crap that I don't need. Even the blood DLC.

I'm in the same boat. But I like the WaWa games so I'm not bothered by it.

I'll never buy Rome 2 or Atilla, though.

But no timestamp proof ;_;
If it is really you, is that sword carbon steel or stainless steel?

Are you really going to make me get suited up at 2 am

No, but just post a timestamp with the wall in the back or something.

Yeah, you're not missing much with Rome 2 or especially Attila. The only novelty Rome 2 has is being Creative Assembly's biggest blunder. Warhammer is solid, but I was a fan of both Total war and Warhammer coming so probably would have bought even if people told me it was shit.

I missed the fall of Wessex thanks to this tomfoolery

Don't worry user I had faith in you :^)
Sword likes nice m9

*looks

It's not my only one, but I told myself I must get more /fit/ before I invest in moreand plate armor.And maybe a shield

Not hard, is it? Just copy the average training of a knight and eat what people ate 100 years ago.

Hopefully someday, I dream of a full gothic suit

A few screenies before I go to bed

are you the brit from KC that bought a suit of armour from some chink website and realised it looked completely munted put together?

my stomach is ILL

no….

not being a hoving barbarian horde and bringing down doom on everything you step foot in…

Goddamn I want Medieval 3.

You really don't, trust me on this.

Oh shut up, Attila/Age of Charlesmagne were fucking awesome.

Niggers are not welcome here.

btw, people talking over some ancient chink game, I just found this game over the chinese setting thread
oriental empire, checked out yesterday nad its fucking beautiful, set in ancient china
4x, sort of a cross over from civ and TW, it was what I dreamed off in the previous TW thread
it takes the best elements of the genre, still lacks some depth but considering its a new dev, it has tons of potential

agree with you here, in Attila they really found the perfect balance over strategy/tactical
it was both really challenging and overwhelming mid/late game
people who neglect it are just

Then why are you here, nigger?

ToWaWa2 is still one of Steam best sellers with a very positive ratings.

We are winning, lads.

well good for them that at least they might continue to make good games,
makes me less guilty for pirating all this stuff

with regards to Twawa, the first one was extremely unbalanced due to being their first time dealing with mega damage sponge units, since the engine wasn't for something like that
but seems to have improved a whole fucking lot with the second game

this is how i automatically know you are actually a gigantic hunk of garbage. you aren't actually a person, you are a garbage bag dialed into a computer.

Double dubs of truth. The modding scene is fucked three ways to sunday because of all the hardcoded limits on basically everything.

anons, somewhat confirmed the next Total War Historical tittle will be for Rome II

Can't wait for this train wreck.

somewhat was expecting for Empire

well whatever, but isn't the fall from Rome technically what Attila portrays?

user, think positively! Ever since Rome II they've only gotten marginally better. Every new release is a chance for a better game!
It's going to suck, isn't it

Bronze age would be pretty rad.

I don't think you can actually modify the map on these new games, so whenever people try adding new factions they have to work with the province placement that's already there so it gets all messed up.

That's not the problem mate, it's that all those borders are kinda alright it's the fact that they literally just put them all in the wrong places

No, I am a Medieval autist of the Northern US

I predict user this would be Constantin the Great's Campaign or Crisis of the 3rd Century

I remember seeing some footage of that, it almost had me- up until I saw the game's combat

I think we're beyond the point that this series needs to die. It gave us some great games, but each new one is just getting worse and worse.

CHOO CHOO TRAINWRECK INBOUND
I got six dollars and fifty seven cents on it being cracked in 12hr's.

Really? Rome 2? Who the fuck this was a good idea?

back when CA was decent i always wanted a proper pike and shot game. i spent like 200 something hours modding med2 to try and fix pikes and other units so i could have pike and shot battles with artillery. i had hoped that after fall of the samurai that they might do something like a victoria total war that went from the post napoleon era and ending at ww1, but CA decided to go full retard with everything after shogun 2.

The game is fun enough.

Combat is janky on account of the battle ai being semi-retarded but slaughtering 1000's of chink peasants with horse archers is fun.

Maybe theyre trying to unfuck Rome 2 a bit more with an expansion. Don't know what the fuck they'd add though.

WELP THERE GOES MY OUNCE OF HYPE
Pic related will be better than this when it comes out.

Forthright.

The weird thing is that Attila is already the remake of that, why do it 3 times?

I guess it's just easier for CA to port assets back and sell it as something 'new'.

fite me irl, fgt

Could be about Alexander and the collapse of his empire?

what is wrong with combat?

combat seems good enough, you setup formations and orders and see them unfold
nearby stacks can join in lines to make really wide epic clusterfucks
the problem, is with it being basically a new feature in any game of the genre, that none of us know how to work it properly

?¿?¿

Isn't that just Attila?
Are they seriously making a DLC for Rome 2 to make it Attila? Dumbasses.

all the same, I would go to ren fests with you and we can destroy all the normalfags with our glorious autistic RP

Nope, its West and East Rome plus 10 more factions
archive.is/iMagA>>13757838

w e w

do you really require an entire breakdown on why rome2 and subsequent releases are shit?

So after making atilla a stand alone game instead of an expansion they are going back and making it an expansion?

No it's Crisis of Third Century, still kinda the same shit though on Rome II no less

yeah… I do.

Looks like it's a CRISIS OF THE THIRD CENTURY scenario, a period that exemplifies it's recurring issue of "SHIT WE NEED A BIG ARMY IN EVERY CORNER OF THE EMPIRE, BUT EVERYTIME AN ARMY IS BIG ENOUGH TO HANDLE THOSE THREATS THEY DECLARE THEIR LEADER THE EMPEROR." Fun time period at least.

Will they actually change it enough to be good though? Or is it just gonna be Rome 2 2?

You can't name anything beside DLC practices or nitpick autistic shit like historical realism.

Alright Anons DLC is here

store.steampowered.com/app/694880

totalwar.com/blog/empire-divided-power-politics-faq

Unless they remade the game in a brand new engine it will be shit.

Who are these people?

The fans in their mind.

HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTT

Is there a problem with your head?
The whole point of installing EB2 is to keep the old Medieval 2 engine which gives you better battles and a better campaign map, not to mention a more historically accurate experience compared to Rome 2.

If Rome 2 and Attila were genuinely better, no one would bother investing so much effort into a mod for a game that's over a decade old and no one would waste their time seriously recommending the older games other than for the sake of seeing what they are like.

I never understood why they felt the need to clutter up the unit cards. Med2 and Rome1 showed information clearly and quickly. Now they've got this huge goddamn icon that flips between states and doesn't even let you look at the bloody unit card since it's right in the middle. And what's with the health bar? Wouldn't it be more useful to show the precise number of troops you have? Who the hell designed this UI?

Pretty upsetting tbh
I'd wager the Istari are responsible for this

Did you install the 4GB ram patch?
I think that not having it causes most crashes.

worth a try
thanks user

They literally cannot be content Jews by milking the shit out of their Warhammer goybase. Now they have to do this shit now?

Fun fact, Empire killed total war.
The ONLY acceptable Total war game to play is Med 2, if you play anything else, you have objectively casual taste.
If you bought Rome 2, that sucks, but it's a mistake everybody makes.
If you bought Shogun 2 after Rome please consider suicide.

Med 2 with Stainless Steel w/ realism mod where every character has property IS THE ONLY CORRECT WAY TO PLAY THE GAME.

MED 2 IS A WHITE MANS GAME, ANYTHING ELSE IS FOR NEGROS

Should i go on?

If I could add a couple, at least from my short play of Attila
Now, there was one idea I kind of liked in Attila, in that Rome starts with some advanced tech, but loses it as the world gets fucked by barbarians and whatnot. Unfortunately, instead of this being linked to the loss of major areas or something similar, it just happens as you advance along the tech tree. So they blew that pretty hard.

Hordes are fun

So all total war games are trash?

burn me faggots

In honesty, though, I'm sure the game will be bare bones then they will charge for DLCs to complete it. They should've also improved the system/mechanics on other games like Attila. It could've played like CKII.

As for me? I'm just waiting for the ancient empires mod from attila. Had to re-install/uninstall that garbage from impatience.

Nigger, what does this mean? Shogun 2 is a good game.

Though it is fucking weird they are doing another barbarian invasion game when Attila exists.

Fucking why?

They should have expanded Attila instead.

This is actually wrong btw.

Saxon/nordic shares the building tree of the frank/germanic.

It's Roman and celtic that are different.

The whole point of making EB2 is because some modders want to continue EB1 from Rome 1.

Still ton more people play Attila, and there are more Attila history mods.

It's hilarious because I would say Attila is superior to EB2 and barely anybody play EB2.

I still play med 2 vanilla.

everyone has a different taste and should play what he wants to play

We Wuz Total War Kangz?

Shogun 2 continued the many awful practices from Empire and made the series even worse.

Yes, they polished it considerably, but the base ideas present in the game are no good.

Again, people wouldn't bother making EB2 if there was no interest for it.
And Attila has more history mods than what game? Medieval 2?
Are there genuine improvements or are they simply cosmetics? Or are there more historical mods because they cannot change anything about it?
Not that this is a dick-waving contest about mods, so it doesn't matter.

Opinion.
Besides, you're comparing a mod to a developer-made game. Even so, EB2 has significantly more detail to it and doesn't have a fuckton of bullshit like RPG-style levelling of generals and agents.

Could I hear some good points about Attila? Because no one ever lists those.

Hard to say.
There's more to this than Steam statistics even though more people play Med2 than Attila.
See .

Don't forget that many players still use their physical copies and don't need Steam for updates, unlike for Attila.

No one should disagree with that.
I like Empire for the time period, even though I know that it's a poorly made game and can admit it honestly.
We are arguing for the sake of objectivity here.

Shogun 2 doesn't even play Empire, and Shogun 2 FOTS is the best gunpowder TW to date.

They were making it to continue EB1, and EB2 never did hit the notes that EB1 hits.
I mean, Attila actually tries to get to realistic (what's with all those shirt-wearing spearman all the germanic had), and it's worth playing without the mod, but some of the mods are very good, like Ancient Empires, which is basically Medieval 3.
Medieval 2 has it too, you just can't pick the trait and have to do groom them to it.
Attila is basically Rome 2 but good.

ye right….

the whole of EB2 is autism

essentially:
< the only acceptable game to play is the one I like
< but its only playable with mods
my point proven, and seek psychiatric help

What is the overall opinion on Attila Holla Forums?

Eh, play it and find out.

texture pack for rome 2 imo

What are you trying to say?

So cosmetics. I haven't played Ancient Empires, so I can't comment on that.

That's where you are wrong.
In Medieval 2 generals and agents actually behaved like people. The traits were a little random at times (endless pagan magicians in vanilla), but they gave your men a lot of personality and only did things like improve/ruin morale, give slight forced marching ability (or decrease regular speed due to disease or laziness) or improve their governorship/make them unlikeable bastards who every peasant in the city hated.

Not +50% ammo for archers and +20 missile damage.

Let me rephrase that.
What is it that makes Attila better than Medieval 2?
If you can tell me that, I'll stop posting.

It's okay, nothing to really write home about
Playing as Romans is interesting

EB2 is not as popular as EB1.
What do you mean cosmetics? EB1 has that too, because it's realism.
Attila has those too, you know, on top of the RPG mechanics.
To be frank, the technology tree already does that, and what's wrong with a general having specialized effects on his army?

Better culture system (clear cut between barbarian and roman and horse), better religion system, better family tree and political system.
Battle-wise, unit types become more distinct with more varied pros and cons, the idea of soft-counter and hard-counter become more nuanced (for example a two hand melee unit might lose to a one hand sword unit if the latter manages to hit the former with a flurry of throwing weapon before battle).

It's just a repaint of Rome 2 with all the garbage mechanics that brought to the table.

Throw yourself off a tall building.

It's cute how you pretend this isn't your first TW game. Let me clue you in, we had that shit as far back as Medieval 1.

I haven't played Rome2, but I'll for Attila too
no they're not, and least less than they were in med2
no they're not
by far one of the most balanced TW game, spearman can hold off melee on their own but won't break them,
thus needing git gud strategies, either flanking, skirmishes or high numbers
they're actually fun for a change, and every unit is able to fight and sail, though at disavantage
I wish they didn't get insta navy though, vid related
actually feasible, but of course with increased difficulty
they are the most annoying aspect of the game but really fucking useful
but then again, they were shit in med2 too

really fucking important to master, by properly managing generals/governors and making them grown, it can literally make or break your empire
you can use other culture buildings but you can't upgrade them
also city/region management is key and challenging, since you surely won't be able to build everything on a region, and upgrading a building soon as you can is often not the best course
no it doesn't, rome starts very strong and the only reason it gets fucked over is by sheer amount of enemies, literally every barb faction hate them
if you happen to cross them early game, gg mate
but everyone will wear them down and slowly take territory, its only when the huns come over that start razing cities

and this, hordes are extremely fun to play with, and really challenging

all in all, Attila is known to be the most challenging TW game to date
you faggots just need learn it

Toddal Ward

furthermore, the details taken in this game are amazing
the campaign map reflects the development level of buildings in cities, they are also reflected in battle, and damage caused in battle is reflected on the city

Funny because Rome 2 doesn't play like Attila, at all.
Do it first ya hipster, Attila's political system where you build up power by placing your nephews/children into political spot is realistic and marvelous.
My first TW was Medieval 1 actually, but no, Attila adds a lot more variety and thus makes soft and hard counter more nuanced.

It plays like hot garbage. Attila just plays like garbage.

And about as engaging as breathing. It's badly implemented, simplistic and lacking any real challenge. It's just more pointless busywork that amounts to nothing, just like most of the features Attila and Rome 2 introduced to bog the player down with.

Sure it does. And I can shit out a turd that is both soft and hard.

I think you gotta play Attila first before saying it's shit.

It sounds like you haven't played it at all.

I played it, it's the same garbage as Rome 2, with just more empire "management" on top so they can pretend the game isn't complete shit.

How Attila plays like Rome 2 at all is beyond me but okay.

The same way Napoleon plays like Empire or Alexander like Rome you cocksucking troglodyte.

At least it isn't for wawa I guess.

Napoleon is like improved Empire, and Alexander is a Rome expansion, but Attila doesn't play like Rome 2.

Rome 2 focus was heavy infantry since many factions still have under-developed cavalries.

Not in Attila where the main focus is cavalries and infantries play the backdrop.

Just drink bleach and do your family a favor.

Like for example?

Mortal Empires turns are quicker than Attila on the exact same hardware.

What is your shillery for that?

Broken economy, broken diplomacy, broken trading, retarded tactical and strategic AI, pointless micromanagment to does nothing, shitty, broken political system, same blobbing bullshit as with Rome 2, physics issues, etc.

It's a newer game?

Then again, Attila has a shitton of factions. You can have roman rebels, eastern roman rebels, western roman rebels and roman separatists and western roman separatists, etc…

Those aren't example, those are buzzwords.

med 2 is near instant. Attila took a very very long time. Mortal Empires with more factions takes less time.

So game age, no
Faction number, no

Attila, shit? Ding Ding Diing. Winner, Winner, Kevin Spacey Dinner.

I'm going to filter you now.

Medieval 2 faction turn is not near instant, I have proof for that.
Mortal Empires does not have more faction than Attila.

Start to argue anytimes, because those aren't examples.

Are all the archers Lindybeige?

I just played med two on my computer for a few hours. the same one I have mortal empires on. the same one I have had Attila on.

playable factions in Mortal empires is 35, total factions over a hundred. I can't find the number.

Attila chokes.

"My Lord, one of your archers is exceedingly pasty."

Medieval 2 total war faction turn is not an instant and you are lying to me if you say that, in fact, one of the problems of Med 2 back then is late game is basically waiting for the turn to finish.

And while I haven't counted the total playable factions of Attila, they are way more than Mortal Empires due to the way the game works, one faction can double itself with separatist and triples itself with rebels.

you're a piece of soft and hard turd

you're just saying words without meaning at this point….

some turd is spazing out saying a game is shit, I'm saying its not shit, and that is shilling to you?

seriously though, enough with the circle antijerking
Attila is badly optimized but that doesn't mean the game is bad, late game get really long end turns considering, but at the same time is a big game in comparison
Mortal Empires also takes fuckton of time, I just watched what seemed like 5 minutes of load times post battle in a youtube video, so its not that much better

point is, people got upset because when Rome 2 came out it was a buggy turd,
that turd got fixed and later a new game came out with polished mechanics and it got a bad reception even before being released
Warhammer would be nothing without Rome2/Attila, and still it was buggy and unbalanced because of magical damage sponge creatures/heroes

Warhammer is shit, Rome 2 is shit, Attila is shit. CA is staffed by incompetents that can only produce trash since everyone with any talent left the studio long ago.

Is the free update going to add family trees like Atilla? Rome 2's politics screen is a fucking mess. Atilla has a much better UI and features, but the game gives so many negatives to public order that I find it a slog.

they need to revamp the dynasty tree and everything is good.

At least warhammer actually works. Playing ROME 2 or Shogun 2 the combat is blob broken. At least in warhammer the units have cohesion and you can't just run a cavalry unit through my lines without getting slaughtered. If warhammer is shit that's down to personal preference. Projectile weapons work in warhammer, there is unit cohesion, and there are millions of potential strategies and builds you can fuck around with because of the sheer amount of unit diversity(this is something alot of tw players don't like though they don't like having all these monsters and beasts running around their games) Warhammer TW is objectively better than anything rome 2 in terms of combat and it's not even a fucking contest.

So it's an upgrade from straight-up broken to somewhat functional? Call me when they make a good game again.

So is there a DeI for Attila yet?

This should have been an Attila expansion, goddammit.

Total war franchise should just stick to fantasy

Ah yes, lindybeige master of history where cavalry as a concept is stupid.

But flaming projectiles have been a thing since Rome 1, nobody gives a shit nigger.

Is Attila worth a pirate?

A buy even.

Na CA can suck a dick.

After you play the game.

Considering the current state of their business practices I'm not inclined to give them any money at all.

They are by far one of the better devs, just wait for their completed edition.

The hard cap on the number of armies you can field ruins the game. No matter how well you're doing economically, you'll never be able to defend all your territory. This is made worse when Attila finally shows up, because he can park 6-8 full stack armies and raid your provinces to ruin while you have 12 armies total scattered around your entire empire keeping order. Even if you kill Atilla in battle, he'll just teleport to another army every time until you destroy every one of them, which is incredibly frustrating. The ice age bullshit comes around completely out of nowhere and will pretty much doom you on the first playthrough because it pidgeonholes you into using the same set of buildings for each province so they keep fed and not rebelling.

he only said that for the bronze age period, you didnt understod the main point of that video where he explained why cavalry was not so common in ancient history
yes, nobody gives a shit about why castles are just settlements encircled whit a wall instead of being in a strategic location like a hill, or why walls dont have a moat to prevent siegue towers from reaching the walls, or how the diplomacy is broken and bugged in mdieval 2, or why archers cant shoot straight when they are on the walls making walls even more useless (really the center of the town is more defendable than the walls), or why the game objetives is to conquer almost everyregion even when it doesn't make sense to hold regions so far away whit a different demographic (just use a faction score system), i could continue but my point is that the Total war games are not focused on tactics an strategy, but on making tiny men fight and watch them, that's why on medieval 2 the bests mods are fantasy where the diplomacy is preset from the start of the game (like on call of warhammer: BTET where allieances are already set from the start) or the Planet Wars mod where you have a 10000 turn limit and the setting doesnt have to make sense, so total ar is mostly about tiny men fights.

shogun 2 is a decent game but a terrible total war game, the depth of the units is so shallow its just a simulation of what a war between rocks papers and scissors would look like, not to mention thats probably when most of the shittiest DLC practices started

Why post that when you can post a real Napoleon total war youtube video?

Also, considering Medieval 2 is considered by some to be the top Total War, I think people do agree that nobody gives a shit.

Eh, say what you want but Fall of Samurai adds a lot more variety and makes it super fun.

Very worth the money.

Most things that are free are worth the money, that's not much of a compliment.

Certainly worthy compliment considering it's a strategy game in a sea of modern shooters/RPG.

Thinking of getting back into Stainless Steel once I'm done with much of my backlog.

I really like Med 2, but my only problem is I never really get a good handle on game flow. I don't know when the right time to shore up and pour money into my economy, or how to end a war in a way that doesn't involve full annexation and then getting pulled into a new war because people don't trust me.

Is there a guide on some useful things to know about Med 2/Stainless Steel?

Learn how to work with trash units and don't overspend. The Byzantines are a good starting faction for SS6.4 since they have a well rounded roster. Also dat greek fire

They're also extremely OP right at the start, so he'd be shooting himself in the foot.
Still a fantastic faction, much better than what CA did for them in vanilla.

3 trash units > 1 professional unit

There is no point in bankrupting yourself with one amazing army when you could have 2 or 3 for the same price and conquer twice as quickly.
Just make sure you always have a small core of reliable units to use as your main killers (like cavalry) or reserve infantry if things go awry and your trash starts routing.

Generally speaking, you should always try to have enough money to build something in every city, but this isn't really mandatory.
Also, Med2 vanilla diplomacy is not worth the effort trying to fix. SS fixes it somewhat, but it still suffers from some issues.

show prove or you're saying shit out of your ass
no, warhammer introduced mythical creatures and damage sponge heroes, things never done in TW before, and they were completely broken to begin with
I don't know how much they fixed for the original game, but Wawa2 seemed to have improved a whole lot in that aspect of things

I agree Attila is pretty fucking good, and they even ported to linux so its worth a buy
but they business practice is really fucked up, its a really expensive game with even more expensive DLC
and they're more focused on pumping out paid content instead of improving it,
not to mention stupid decisions like

yeah basically, TW is a rts game wher eyou play with large scale armies and formations
the campaign map only exists to support and give reason to those battles
having said that, they made a pretty good game with that formula that is interesting both on battles and on the campaign
I don't understand how people expect it to mimic what wars, its a game, eg not real life, not perfect

FYI for anyone interested, we have been discussing another game called Oriental Empires,
which can be best described as a merger between civ and tw somehow, pretty interesting

Fixed it for you, user. After seeing Empire, Rome II was inevitably gonna suck, so I left the franchise behind after Shogun II and never looked back. If you bought Rome II after Empire, you deserve to be embarassed.