DBZ general

Here's hoping the new fighting game will turn out to have a good roster. It just sucks that transformations are considered their own characters. Wish it was more like the Budokai series where you can power up in the middle of battle, just like the anime.

Thanks for the bump.

You have autism.

Can't wait to play as Cell. Nothing better than a smug bugman.

Is Yamcha a meme

I really enjoyed Budokai Tenkaichi 2 and 3 as a kid, and still occasionally load up 3 in Dolphin emu to play it.

Daily reminder budokai 1 was the best game.

Jesus christ they look low-T as fuck.

They are French.

That's just depressing.

Yeah don't bother looking it up on youtube, Latino/French cosplay is pure cringe.

Stop motion is great though.

Super DBZ
Fat Buu

No it wasn't.

The new fighting game is shit, it's one of those games where you lay down your controller and take a snack while you get comboed to death.

;_;

The only thing it lacks is characters, and the sheer level of flashiness of ultimate moves like in budokai 3 (but they fucking ruined that by creating that cancerous "charge up vs your opponent" bullshit, added in rock-paper-scissors a la dragon rush, copied the budokai fighting system and just added in cancerous teleport mechanics)

Budokai 1 is great, but don't kid yourself. The gameplay really is clunky and didn't age well. When you power up it looks like your character is taking a shit.
The story and comfyness factor is good, but Budokai 3 beats it when it comes to roster and gameplay.

If you like Budokai 1, try Burst Limit. It's the spiritual successor to that, also only goes up to Cell Saga and features a limited roster.

Saiyan-fu.

Where did the saiyan girls even come from? I'm never going to watch super. Ever.

Alternate universes.

their vaginas, presumably.

I'll agree about the story mode and the non casual mechanics but
There's nothing fun about having to punch aimlessly in the air to do a ki blast. Sad that as they soothed out the combat they kept adding all the bullshit rock paper scissors QTE bullshit.

Also interesting note is the PAL version of Budokai 1 had different localization than the US version. It kept the Jap voices and used subtitles. Sadly the subs are not good, like at the end when Krillin almost stabs Vegeta; they translate "SHINU!" as "KILL YOU!"

Please refrain from posting horseshit fan charts.

Universe 6, where the Saiyans are not only alive, they're actually good people.

Parallel universe where the saiyan race is kinda pathetic.
Caulifla is just fun because she's the daughter Goku wishes he had had, instead of Gohan or Goten. She just wants to fight and grow stronger, which Goku seems more than happy to oblige.

It feels fine to me. I beat it on an emulator a few weeks ago on 'hard' (and damn, it actually was).
Its literally budokai 3's fighting engine with a few quirks split up between characters, and a different throw system; what is clunky about it? The most I could say felt "clunky" is certain character's options during combos.
This is a lame complaint, especially considering its the game that requires the least amount of charging in with how much ki you get from kicking and punching your enemy.

You should differentiate between a ki blast and a super move. Super moves do enough damage to where I think a prerequisite is frankly necessary. even if it does feel a bit awkward.
Budokai 3, while it felt pretty satisfying to just press a button and have a death move go off, it was frankly absurd and completely fucked up the balance of the game, especially against computer-controlled computers. It also creates an absurd amount of projectile spam as well; in fact its how I beat a lot of character's stories in dragon universe. I do agree its awkward though, but turning it into a one-button press is not the solution at all

well, I guess its not really a "super move", a death move is more accurate
Goddamn the terminology in these games are fucked

In B1, it is impossible to get out of a combo. This is especially troublesome in Tournament mode where if just 1 hit connects, you're done for and can easily be thrown out of the ring. The gameplay is basic and barebones. Just use Goku's KKKK cancel combo for eternity.

In B3, you can teleport or dodge attacks, it gives the meta much more depth. You have to watch your enemy's Ki meter to make sure he can't escape your combo or *teleports behind you* and kicks you out of the ring instead.

These fan charts are more canon than Super or GT.

If you're really good at combo-cancelling, yes the game unfortunately stops being balanced. That really only applies to people at the highest level of the game though, so its not that much of a problem, but it is one nonetheless.
I really don't think the teleport option was the best way to go about with "countering" it at all though, it feels like absolute fucking shit when in a regular combo they can just stop it all by pressing 'A' and getting behind you
in budokai 1 it required a lot of knowledge knowing which combos were "safe" and which combos left you more vulnerable because not all combos or attacks had nearly the same level of hit recovery
In budokai 3 that's thrown out the window when you can teleport at almost any time; the fact that they added a fatigue system and dragon rush in the same game also negates the "infinite combo" issue, when its possible for you to be stuck and unable to do ANYTHIGN while you either are guaranteed to either get locked into a QTE or a brutal teleport combo that would've done more damage than any infinite on its own in budokai 1 would've done

No, those fan charts, especially ones that cover the Android to Buu arcs, are retarded and only serve as examples as to why power levels were bullshit. The numbers get to retarded lengths, not to mention levels stopped being officially calculated after Trunks' first appearance. Levels only serve as a means to be debunked and that a person's strength can't be measured in raw numbers.

Hard to choose. Budokai 3 and Supersonic Warriors are probably my favorite DB fighters. They managed to balance looking like the fights from the series with being actually fun fighting games as well. As for single player games, I like Legacy of Goku 2, Buu's Fury, Advance Adventure and Attack of the Saiyans.

Legendary Super Warriors (GBC)
Advanced Adventure (GBA)
Legacy of Goku 2 (GBA)
Buu's Fury (GBA)
Attack of The Saiyans (DS)

Are without a doubt the best handheld games of the franchise. Just a shame they didn't follow up with a sequel for the DS game. AotS was a good game but 90% of it was just boring filler, they could have fitted the entire Namek/Frieza saga in there and done so much more with it.

Toriyama hired Plague of Gripes to come up with ideas for new characters.

Trunks can achieve SS2 btw
His level of SS2 is equal to Goku SS3 according to the manga, after years of training

No he can't. Super is not canon.

There's SSJ3 Gotenks, that's it.

No matter how hard you try, it will never be true.

Feels good knowing Dragon Ball ended with the Buu saga.

And yet you post fan fiction like the power level charts

That's what I hate about Toriyama's style of improvising everything, all the time. Concepts that seem interesting or add some level of depth to the story will inevitably be made obsolete in one way or another down the road. That silly nip can't world-build worth a fuck.

Well admittedly it's hard to build worlds when they keep getting blown up.

That's just called living in denial, user, something that's often considered an immature, illogical state of mind.

I wish he had sticked to Comedy. I still like OGDB or Dr Slurp more.

Toriyama doesn't write anything anymore. He just gives a few character designs and plot points to Toei and gives the current manga author Toyotaro advice/blessings for ideas.

Eating shit is called having no integrity, but you don't see me calling you a pleb.

Modern anime looks like vaseline is smeared everywhere. The animations are fucked up, the story is retarded (literally taken straight from Multiverse), new transformations look hilariously like something from Deviantart, characters get shafted (like Gohan.. again..), villains look idiotic and uninteresting, and all in all it just shows Toriyama doesn't give a fuck anymore. He's just milking the franchise down the toilet bowl.

He's the George Lucas of Japan. Just like how Star Wars got ruined by unnecesary dumb CGI edits or the horrendously bad prequels. And now the reboot, with extra diversity and politically correct SJW shit shoved in.

Call me a nostalgiafag, but I liked it when Dragon Ball looked like vid related. DB's comfy 80's round faces, or Z's sharpness. Modern digital anime is soulless cancer.

I see.

That 18 seems a bit different from the one you see in the show.

If you're going to lie at least make it convincing.

I haven't watched any dragon ball in about 5 to 7 years and the last game I played was some of Xenoverse 1, how do I prepare myself for DBZF so I know whats going on.

And here we have a man of shit taste. Nice reddit spacing too. Also, most of DBZ had shit animation to begin with, so it's not like Super is breaking new ground there.

Are you 12?

How did Bulma became so smart? He was literally a dumb bitch for the entire series and suddenly she's a scientist that builds time machines and shit.

Budokai 2 but that's not really based on anything objective, just the one I happened to play at the right time to have a lot of fond memories of it

Are you new?

It's best not to think about it. Dragonball is a franchise for 10 year olds after all.

She's the daughter of a genius inventor, she had to pick something up.

Why do fags that don't even read the manga or watch the show come to these threads? She invents the dragon radar, a watch that can shrink the user, makes a radio/drone out of scraps and fixes the radar plenty of times. All before the events of Z where she repairs and translate Raditz scouter, repairs a Namek spaceship, invents a time machine in the future and makes Gohan his retarded costume watch. She was always portrayed as pretty faced engineer with the personality of a garbage disposal.

The prequels are shit by the way. The only thing holding them up is having teen Natalie in TPM, a few scenes in RotS and expanding the universe so we can have more fun vidya.

Like a lot of DBZ?
The story went retarded as soon as Goku was revealed to be an alien.
SSJ3 is twice as bad as the new transformations.
They're no worse than some of DBZ's
He never gave much of a fuck to begin with. DB started as a gag manga.

I stopped watching Super. It has too many problems for me to stay interested. But I'm not an autist who refuses to believe anything I don't like is canon. I also don't put DBZ on a pedestal like it didn't have its fair share of problems.

The prequels were shit. They understood nothing of why the original trilogy was good and did stupid things with things from the original trilogy.

Is the dlc for XV2 worth it? I've only got the base game.

Play the base game first and then ask yourself if you want to pay for more Super content.

I'm definitely enjoying the base game, but I had no idea if the dlc was up to par with it or not.

The entire franchise hinged on Bulma's genius. Holy shit, did you faggots watch any db other than super?

Hey, Super is breaking ground on how many retcons it can fit into a series

please help

Prepare how? How to play? Keep up with the story?

Well if I remember right, FighterZ is going to have its own story, so you don't need to worry about catching up with the current anime or anything. Some characters just got stronker. Karrotcake and Verginia can turn blue now and Freezer turns golden. That's about it.

Also maybe just play some other fighting game in the meantime to get a 'feel' for them.

Thanks Doc.

Xenoverse
Frieza

Going to play the shit out of Fighter Z. Cannot wait for it. Will probably be the best DBZ game ever made. I do hope they don't take up too many slots with transformations and Goku clones.

bump