VIDEO GAMES

STOP. POST THOUGHTS ABOUT THE VIDEO GAMES THAT YOU'RE PLAYING
Some questions to consider:

This board is dedicated to the discussion and appreciation of good video games. Let's talk about it, shall we?

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/baseline7/lisa-the-remix-mens-hair-club
soundcloud.com/jake-almond/super-karoshi-theme
soundcloud.com/jake-almond/karoshi-factory
youtube.com/watch?v=Vxi7JRJrod4&feature=youtu.be&t=1m48s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ace Combat 04
It's good but a bit too arcadey
New PC parts
No
Melee
Vehicular Combat
Twisted Metal Black
Yellow Jacket
the MOTHER vocal album
No fuck you dad get out of my room

>What are were you playing?
Hollow Knight
Really good. Love Metroid games and this one is pretty comfy. Still surprised that it wasn't drawn/written by a woman.
The next paycheck.
No, but I made this a couple of weeks ago.
Don't got a favorite
datamining and shooters of any kind
Super/Prime 3
Sub Zero because he's coolas ice and Postal Dude because he's the right kind of edge meister torn straight from the late 90's
I really liked the Brutal Legend collection, but I'm not a metalhead and I realize that this probably isn't the cream of the crop when it comes to metal.
Yes, but I mustn't get used to it.

Warframe and The Flame In the Flood
I've settled into a comfy groove with Warframe. The grinding doesn't really bother me and the constant act of filling meters and amassing resources soothes my 'tism.

Flame in the Flood is interesting for a few reasons. From the looks of it, you'd think it was a Life Is Strange Indie/Hipster wankfest, but it's actually got this really bluesy, melancholy charm to it. There's no talk of gender or sexuality.. You're just a weird looking kid with a dog, riding a ramshackle raft through a flooded world, trying to stay alive.
A bunch of PS4 exclusives are being ported over to PC, so I'm pretty hype for some of that. Monster Hunter World was the only game I was really excited for, but the more I see and read about it, the more it makes my stomach churn.

I've got no interesting answers for that crap.

The sims 2 atm
It's okay. I've only ever played the original sims and 2 a couple of times before, so I've not much to compare it
A job so I can upgrade my potato
No
Halo 2 purely for nostalgic purposes
Grand Strategy, despite being terribad
Darkest Hour
I don't know, Hitler?
Nothing comes to mind, but Sims 2 build/buy music is nice
Silly user, games are about fun xDDDD what are you some tryhard or something? :^)

The King of Dragons
It's fucking great. It's an Action-RPGs that gets the Action right.
OpenMW 1.0 so we can make Morrowind really good rather than decent.
Nope.
Player vs. Player: Kart Fighter. Co-op: See the game I'm playing right now.
FPS I suppose, though I don't play many of the ones newer than 2001.
Doom 2.
Dwarfs and Elfs.
I like the ones from the games I enjoy.
Din din?

Yakuza (PS2) emulator
Its ok so far. Still to early in the game to tell, not sure what to think about it. It didn't entirely click until i realized it was a Brawler fused with a traditional JRPG. I am very tempted to Play the Kiwami version because of the refined updated systems. also not sure if I should play Yakuza Zero first, being that I just got that game.
I guess if I had to pick something Monster Hunter: World looks promising. Yakuza Kiwami 2 might get a US release. Depending on how much I like the Yakuza Series that might be worth looking forward to as well.
not at the moment.
multiplayer died after they got rid of LAN support and couch co-op. Playing online-multiplayer is way to normal.
It deepens on the game tbh. I like most classic video game genres that would have been popular before the year 2000.
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness favorite TRPG.
Big Boss, Samus Aran, Princess Peach, Sonic the Hedgehog, Ryu Hayabusa (NES), Classic Lara Croft,
orchestrated Final Fantasy 6 or Dragon Quest music.
nanomachines

depends*

Right now I'm playing… uh… nothing, actually. I played through Luigi's mansion on Halloween, but I'm not sure what to play next. I'm torn between Sonic Colours, Super Mario Galaxy, the copy of Donkey Kong Country that my friend lent me, or starting another JRPG. I've been trying to play Riven, but the damn thing keeps crashing. I'll probably end up playing it on my G3 iMac, but I'm not sure how the disc switching will work with just the files.
N/A
Dragonball FighterZ. Even with Bamco's DLC bullshit, the game still looks like a blast.
Capcom vs. SNK 2, I guess. Can't say I've ever played it with anyone, though.
Don't have one.
Ultimate Doom for FPS.
Terry-motherfucking-Bogard.
The Chrono Trigger OST is spectacular.
No.

ok i'll bite.

Burning Rangers on the Sega Saturn
It's okay i guess, but nothing to write home about, my biggest problem is just how much trouble the saturn has trying to run the game, like it runs at the buttery smooth cinematic frame rate of 15fps, which makes doing anything in this game a chore because of how delayed everything is.
Nothing, really. A few months earlier i probably would have said sonic mania, shame they fucked it with denuvo.
Nah, can't be assed to record my saturn.
Not really.
Strategy RPGs
All of Shining Force III
Don't got a favorite.
nope

Grim Dawn is consuming all of my time but I wonder how much longer it'll keep it's hold on me. I'm level 70 and am about to start Elite difficulty now that's I've cleared every quest available.

Insurgency
It's really good. Pretty simple, requires some strategy. I am so happy that I bought it. Community is great, I just shitpost on mic and people join it.
nah man
TF2 and Insurgency right now
Brutal FPS (Doom, Serious Sam etc.)
I don't know, I enjoyed them all
Kaz Miller from MGS, Brutal FPS isn't focused on story but Sam himself is pretty Alpha as fuck. Also Sonic.
Some Sonic stuff cuz autism
Hell yea

does she even have a personality?

I call it the "Monster Roster Popper" genre

Was just playing a NG+ of Spyro: Ripto's Rage. Going to see about getting some guys together for Payday 2
It's bretty good. Learned that Sparx acts as a gem finder, only thought that was in Spyro 3.
Fucking nothing.
I've got a webm of bullshit "gameplay"
Killing Floor
Horror games are my jam. Shame FNaF killed it.
Horror: Dead Space
Jak from the Jak and Daxter series
Definitely the OG Payday soundtrack
Always, dad.

is there an official name for that kind of games? Not counting multiplayer modes

Just started command and conquer something, and something else, I don't remember the title for some reason.
It's good, but the fighters are too proactive on aggressive, and it eventually becomes micromanaging tags on a map. Still pretty good, but the tutorial doesn't tell you shit.
Death
I'm so lazy I don't even have a folder for it yet.
Morrowind :^)
Probably rts
Age of empires 2, or maybe mythology.
WOLOLOLO
Age of empires has one of the comfiest tracks ever.
Not really. Still learning.

does she need to have a personality?

Who gives a fuck about personality?

Wow such high skill gameplay….

Mancomb Driftstick the first
It is good, but also very bad, because reasons
I am looking forward to a time
mkv related
Mancomb Driftstick the second
Mancomb Driftstick Guzzler
Mancomb Driftstick: The six gorillion
Mancomb Driftstick
Mancomb Driftstick: The soundtrack
You win some you lose

I'm sure it's called something like "Horde Shooter" or something. But I doubt there's an official name for this specific subgenre. I mean you can count them on your hand:
Serious Sam
Doom
Painkiller
Wrack (maybe)
Hard Reset (maybe)

Dead Cells and the Antinomy of Common Flowers demo

Dead Cells is probably going to be my 2017 GOTY. The animations look awesome, the weapons are fun and satisfying to use, the movement is fluid and fun, and the roguelite style works incredibly well in combination with the random weapon modifications, allowing for interesting combos and on-the-fly power builds (and it also helps that I'm pretty sure that the RNG is seeded so that if you hold onto a weapon for a long time, there's a good chance that future weapons you find in that run will be similar, so you don't have to break your super combo if you want a damage upgrade. EG if you have a weapon with a "double damage vs enemies on fire" mod, other weapons you find will be more likely to have that mod, so if you have a firebomb and are doing big damage, you don't have to get stuck with that specific weapon forever because there's a good chance that something else with the same mod will show up)

I've been having tons of fun in the lab with AoCF. The new assist system is interesting and opens up some absolutely ridiculous shit. My current team is Mokou lead Reimu assist, and I found out recently that if you hit with a 6C poke, you can combo that into the second hit of 6C, and then combo THAT into the Reimu assist, and then combo THAT into the swap-back-to-Mokou 5C. It's only 2.4k damage, but off of a single hit of 6C that's pretty damn good. Might have to challenge some people online later and see how shit I actually am at it.

Considering buying a Switch once I find a job. Trying desperately not to spoil myself on Odyssey. Also, while Dead Cells is a knockout in terms of gameplay, it's technically early access so I'm looking forward to whatever they add to that.

Here's something from Blacklight Retribution. I should play that game again sometime. Too bad the devs abandoned it.

Actually, Blacklight Retribution. It's a close-to-dead game and has tons of flaws, but it gets so many things right that so many multiplayer FPS games get wrong that I can't help but love it.

I guess FPS? I genre hop a lot though.

Painkiller will always have a special place in my heart as a single player experience that took everything good about old FPS and made it flashy, visceral, and amazingly fun. Also UT99. There was a time when I thought I just didn't like FPS because all my FPS experience had been on a console. Then I found a copy of UT99 in a thrift store for 5 bucks. I've been hooked on PC FPS ever since.

Most of the shit I've been playing has been heavy on gameplay and light on character. But I do like Mokou. I like her design, I like her power set, I like the way she plays in the fighting games, and I like her style.

LISA, son
soundcloud.com/baseline7/lisa-the-remix-mens-hair-club

Also remember that old-ass freeware puzzle-platformer Karoshi, where your goal is to kill yourself? Did you remember that it has some really, really good music? I just wish that the guy who made it would make more funky and industrial stuff like these tracks. You look at his soundcloud page and it's nothing but ambient crap.
soundcloud.com/jake-almond/super-karoshi-theme
soundcloud.com/jake-almond/karoshi-factory

At Dead Cells? No, because I keep playing stupid. But stupid is fun so I keep doing it. At AoCF? We'll see when I take it online.

I'm doing my first proper playthrough of Morrowind. Going vanilla.
I don't understand Morrowind, but I love it.

Disgaea Hour of Darkness
So far it's been a decent TRPG. The cutscenes are concise and comical.
The gameplay has some neat elements and characters dying isn't a big issue which I am really thankful for because I suck at this.
I heard grinding was not necessary and so far it's true. I'm having a blast.
Dicking Flonne.
Strategy.
Medieval 2 Total War.

When the question is "Who is your favorite dick sucking lips owner?" I'd have no problem, but OP was asking about a character.

Any word on when Dead Cells is supposed to be fully released?

Overmeme is retarded in a lot of ways, but that webm sums up well so little effort someone needs to win in it.

Been trying to get into it forever, but the fucking combat system pisses me off to the point that I can't enjoy anything about it. Got any tips for making swings not phase through enemies?

Fair point, but what about her character which is almost as sparse as samus'.

Stalker, Darkwood, and elona

Stalker is goood, doing and ironman run,I'm sure something will kill me soon but its like a whole other game. Darkwood is alright, I wish death meant something instead of just waking up on the floor. Maybe thats for a reason, who knows. I finally feel like I'm hitting my stride in elona,have a good sword, ranchs, farms, a shop. Maybe I'll clear it this time.

Nothing, maybe banner lord. Open x-com apocalypse maybe. I feel like nothing is coming out.

maybe

No idea, I don't play many. Muchwarrior living legends, some multi shit with Holla Forums once in a while, thats it.
ALL OF DEM, rpg and fps.

I like them all.
eh
eh
Maybe

F.E.A.R. 1
It's really fucking fun. Every gun has a good feeling to them and I eventually got used to the slow-mo feature. I still don't know how to do the max payne jump and shoot but the hand-to-hand makes up for it.
Enjoying another 30 minutes I get to play the game.
Dunno how
Favorites are for people with a low library of games.

Your best bet is to make your character according to racial traits to get the highest weapon bonus possible initially. For example make an orc which has blunt weapon +10 as it's trait, and make blunt weapon a major skill. Should bring it up to at least 45. Then spend all your money that you earn leveling up your blunt weapon skill. You need to get one weapon skill up to 70 as quickly as possible.

Don't you compare her to Samus. Samus is actually very motherly and obedient. Perfect waifu material on paper, but an eargrinding mess in execution.

my man
You don't have a Max Payne jump n' shoot, that's only found in Max Payne. You can however crank up the difficulty and shoot grenades out of the air or go in without any weapons at all (but I would suggest the lowest difficulty for latter).
Learn to back out of the fights you can't win immediately, pop in and out of cover to soften up your targets and then pick them off one by one when their morale is down.

here's a copypaste of what the devs said in May on the forums

So if they're on schedule, the full game will be finished youtube.com/watch?v=Vxi7JRJrod4&feature=youtu.be&t=1m48s

Thanks for the tips but I'm already at the apartments level with the snipers on the roof at max difficulty. For some reason the game likes to throw a lot of medkits towards your way, wish higher difficulties could limit that.
Shame, I thought I saw a clip of someone doing the max payne jump. Must be my imagination.

>Samus is actually very motherly and obedient
This is true but she also takes it up the ass because Nintendo keeps fucking her like a suck puppet Not to mention she's the waifu of thousands of really pathetic dudes.

Might as well answer my own questions
I recently played through DMC3 again. I'm done with Witcher 3, I've been thinking about giving New Vegas another go, I've never finished the DLCs. I eventually have to get back to Cuphead and Salt and Sanctuary. I'm also interested in finishing King's Field, so have to get around to that, too.
DMC3 is great, it features one of the best combat systems ever conceived, but I hate the level design, the fixed camera perspective, and the story is pretty trash. I mostly only play it for Bloody Palace. I wish there was a boss rush mode.
Nioh on PC, Ace Combat 7 will probably be good, and Red Dead Redemption 2 will have a shitshow for a multiplayer but the single player will probably be decent.
Nah.
I don't really care about multiplayer. I'd play Perfect Dark N64 if it was remade on PC though
I try to play a bit of everything, but I probably play RPGs, platformers, and "character action games" or hack'n'slash the most.
Not really, I don't like playing favorites because you eventually get to a point where you'll play nothing but the game you've deemed as your favorite.
I like too many characters to count. It doesn't make sense to have favorite characters in my opinion, but I know someone out there disagrees.
I'll just say that I've never really appreciated DMC3's soundtrack until now. It's pretty good, but I wouldn't say it's my favorite, it's just something noteworthy from recent memory.
My dad always said that video games are a waste of time and that I should do something more practical with my life. He was probably right, but then again he spent the majority of his free time watching football, so "pot and kettle" and all that.

Invest in Agility from the get-go. Don't click like mad when fighting, make sure your stamina bar is close to full when you swing. If you're a gishy build don't be shy about leading off with a cheap touch spell or a scroll (if you have one handy). It's a diceroll system for hitting, your swings aren't phasing through enemies - they're missing. Potions of Agility and such are very handy early on, don't just pawn them.

Right, my turn.
Grim Dawn Ashes of Malmouth (just starting a new character in Crucible actually, gonna rack up some easy devotion points before dropping him into campaign)
Grim Dawn was always pretty decent, though definitely not perfect. From everything I'm hearing AoM is bretty gud so we'll see.
Not yet. I'm rusty enough that any webbum I make of my gameplay is going to be pretty boring to watch anyway.
Not really a huge fan of multiplayer, but I did really enjoy TF2 for a while before the F2P update hit. I've gone through a few MMOs in the past but never really particularly got attached to any of them except maybe DAoC.
RPGs mostly, jRPGs are ok but not great, ARPGs are sometimes pretty fun (though I'm not touching PoE), I like some FPS games once in a while, RTS or GSG is occasionally a nice break. I'm fond of Roguelikes/lites.
RPG: Depends on mood, I suppose, but Fallout New Vegas, Fallout 2, and Wizardry 8 are all strong contenders.
jRPG: Chrono Trigger or FFVI
ARPG: D2LoD before 1.10 patch, but GDAoM might dethrone it.
FPS: Some variant of gzdoom goes here I guess, or Blood.
RTS: Total Annihilation.
GSG: Been a while, Civ V BNW was playable I guess but it's not my favorite anything. I don't want to feed Paracucks by buying EU4, but I'm not sure I care enough to pirate it either.
Roguelike: Used to be NetHack, but holy shit the latest patch made me sad. Dungeons of Dredmor, I guess, or Dorf Fort.
Sim: Mechwarrior 2 Mercenaries or MechWarrior 3. Neither will run properly on my computer nowadays. Oh well.
Platformer/Metroidvania: Super Metroid.
MechWarrior 2's soundtrack or Total Annihilation's soundtrack, take your pick, both are great.
My life is just kind of slowly crumbling around me but at least I have vidya.

Newfags were a mistake

What's the point of datamining for games shit companies will never make anyways?

Oh my god shut up. OH GOD SOMEONE MIGHT KNOW ABOUT MY SHITTY TASTE IN VIDYA OH GOD OH MAN THIS IS TERRIBLE fuck off, nigger. He isn't asking for your demographic information, he wants to shoot the shit about vidya.

Currently playing Fractured Butthole
Loading times and system resource taxation are ridiculous, especially as its predecessor runs on a win98 potato. Ubisoft made a terrible choice of engine that requires dx11 and a fuckton of RAM. Wouldn't surprise me if it had 4k textures too. They completely missed the fucking point when it came to resource allocation

Storywise its fairly fun. Gay crap in your face at the beginning is a bit offputting (the Craig x Tweek thing makes sense if you've seen the episode, the art in Cartman's journal not so much) but the heroes the SP kids have put together are interesting. Captain Diabetes has an interesting twist on super strength, the sort that'd actually make for a good comic book (and for that matter he's a much better diabetic superhero than Captain Novolin)

Gurumin, Interstate 76,
Gurumin is a good cuteloliwrecksshit ARPG with a decent amount of attention to details.
Interstate 76 is like a "cinematic" game without the gameplay-less bullshit, with its atmosphere and cool stunts that make you feel like you're on a 70's action movie.
The end of humanity and kikes.
Doom II Deathmatch and BF2 Multiplayer until it got shut down. I haven't touched any MP games in a while, but i'm starting to get bored with most singleplayer games, they're too repetitive and get old fast for me.
Simulators, specially DOS era ones.
Transport Tycoon
Vibri from Vib-Ribbon, easily.
See game of favorite character
I like RTS and want to get good at them, but i always end up forgetting the hotkeys and getting tangled on playstyles. Plus i think it's really hard to find new players.

-Paladins
-Mechanically improved, completely unbalanced.
-Nothing at this point.
-Not really.
-Probably Battlefront II Classic, but is been a while.
-Action (DMC)
-DMC3SE
-Mei-Ling Zhou (Overwatch)
-MMX OST
-Nope

theHunter: Call of the Wild
It's good, nice, relaxing, and beautiful, it will get boring after the initial reaction because it's a hunting game with XP and money grind.
I want to look forward to MHW, at the same time I know what's going to happen to it, if fake news gamejournos are still struggling to learn and play it while throwing the dark souls of X label on it, then it's still MH.
Nay
Hard to say anymore
I want my fucking vehicular combats dammit
Vigilante 8 2nd Offense
My peenus weenus ofc
Embedded, please send help
I hate the Eurasian Lynx

Tekken 7. Love playing at Lili.
Pretty good, but the game crashes occasionally when I alt-tab or bring up the steam overlay. Admittedly I've never touched a Tekken, or a fighting game before but I love it.
Nothing really, just the Siege update.
Nope.
Currently it's R6: Siege.
RPG
Deus Ex for RPGs.
Big fan of Akiyama from Yakuza 4. He's a douche that really doesn't give a fuck because he's so filthy rich.
Embedded.
Made it to Vanguard but the game crashed after I got it so I got demoted for disconnecting. I got it back, but went up against a Warrior Kazumi that's really good. I'm not even mad that I got demoted from him, because I added him as a friend and we had a good conversation about how match. Seems like a cool guy, so I'm glad that I got to play against him.

I'm still enjoying Let It Die. The Metro Raids got a lot harder, but also more rewarding.

The Black Thunder boss seems to be weak to Candle Wolf brand weapons, so try using them if you ever fight him.

Alpha 2 through Fightcade, Tekken 7, New Unreal Tournament
Alpha's enjoyable but personally I find it doesn't hold a candle to Third Strike, which I hate to say just because I want to be a bigger fan of the other games in the franchise as well. The neutral game just seems to require more patience in general, I like games with higher damage I guess. I say this as a Nash main in that game, so maybe I should consider switching?
As for Tekken, yeah, I like it a ton, I'm new to it so I feel overwhelmed at times with all the characters and moves I need to learn about, but I can still play and land damaging combos with Akuma, so I also feel right at home.
As for UT, fantastic all-around. Landing well timed rocket kills feels amazing. I just wish they'd reintroduce capture-the-flag again soon.

Wat the fug

It's weird, the menu has deathmatch and blitz but no CTF at the moment, but I don't see it anywhere.

F-Zero for GBA and Shining Force
They're fun, but I've yet to have a more detailed analysis on either title.
Nothing
Not really
PSO
Racing
Burnout Paradise
Blaze the Cat

implying that is a bad thing. Would you rather companies continue to carter to NeoGAF and Tumblr? :^)

Nigger please, Holla Forums as a whole will never ever be satisfied. Better to try and cater to a crowd that knows what it wants.

But companies don't give people what they want anymore. They make a product, and then expect people to buy it with only market research as a way to deflect criticism.

I-IT'S NOT LIKE INFO GETS SOLD OR A-ANYTHING
Fuck off goon

they make it according to market research user. They have nothing else to go on.

Implying anyone knows what the fuck satisfies Tumblrinas and NeoFAGs. You could make the most politically correct game in the world and they'd still pick it apart as "problematic" unless you and your company were members of the SJW-anointed and comprised entirely of transgender pansexual pee oh see furfags. Holla Forums might be hard to please but they're impossible to please.

If that's true then how did games like the original doom get made? And wasn't the new coke disaster based entirely on market research?

What would a game that caters to Holla Forums even look like.
Trap protag? JRPG with giant robot dating sim? A gun that shoots smaller guns that shoot swords, with a dating sim?

I wasn't saying SJWs are pleasable either. I'm referring mainly to reddit, mostly because they're satisfied with anything. Holla Forums is impossible to please because anything that gets well received by a majority of Holla Forums will start to be met with cries of shilling or some trivial complaint that is amplified to make it seem unplayable. Holla Forums has a ton of contrarians, and even more people who are easily swayed by them. I've seen it happen too many times.

You do know that Jim literally owned a big data company right?

So fucking what. Are you buttmad that you're not getting in on that racket or something? I mean, my god, if someone's selling Holla Forums's tastes to the highest bidder, so fucking be it, we might see more decent shit come out.
Accusations of Goonery. Man, you really are a faggot, aren't you? Gargle buckshot.

If Jim wants to know what kind of vidya I play I'll fucking tell him, I don't give a damn. I don't consider it sensitive information and really could not possibly care less if he sells the fact that I like hack-and-slash and roguelikes to some suit somewhere. Of ALL THE WAYS I COULD POSSIBLY BE DATAMINED this is probably the least fucking offensive way imaginable, because I WANT the vidya industry to know that there are people out there who like good games and not shitty walking sims. Fuck sake, man.

What thread did you make that was deleted user? Holla Forums has never been hard to please. They criticize a game sure, but all I want is a good video game.

Super Mario Odyssey

Yes, very good. I think it's on the same level as 64.

Ace Combat 7
Cold Steel 3
Xenoblade 2
Earth Defense Force 5
Fist of the Dragon
Kingdom Come
Dragonball Fighterz
Bloodstained
Kirby Switch
Metroid Prime 4
BlazBlue (If Sol Badguy and Jotaro get announced)
Code Vein,
Extinction
Ys VIII fan patch
Cyberpunk
Serious Sam 4
Kojima and Itsuno's new games
There's probably a few I'm forgetting

I have this

Project M

Action games

Smash Bros is my favorite party game

Uncle Dante

Live and Learn from Sonic Adventure 2

The reaction to the commission I submitted was fucking hilarious, so I guess?

I'm buttmad that my IP is stored and the headmasters change face and dialogue according to whom are they talking, plus angry at spineless fags that would even sell their mothers for a quick piece of attention
You hide behind the anonymous name but you want us to be noticed at all costs like a true newfag
Also goon doesn't immediately mean the ol' SA/EW crew, is english even your first language you nigger?

Battle Brothers
It's pretty good (I dig turned based tactics/strategy and rpg elements), but the devs didn't include mod support which sucks
M&B Bannerlord
nyet
Darkest Hour 44-45 best ww2 fps experience of all time
Strategy (turn based and real time), FPS, RPG
AOE 2, DH, Morrowind
n/a
n/a
I wish my dad asked me this

You're horrible at this my man.

Oh come on user. Don't pretend that any thread about a new game, or even most old ones, don't get besieged by shitposters who make claims the any game is irredeemable trash. Holla Forums individually is pretty easy to please, but as a group will never be pleased.

This is no place for you

But that's not what you said. Don't move the goal posts on me now user, I can't take it.

Exactly. Aside from the Holla Forums vs /commiepol/ shitflinging, Holla Forums's can be pretty straightforward. I mean, don't expect to talk about JRPGs and shit without weebs doing an autistic screech about the localization or shit like that, but there's plenty of faggots on here that also love shit like fucking overwatch, so…

I shitpost on Holla Forums all the time, and I've never even played a video game

Use a VPN you unbearable faggot or shut up
Nigger what the fuck is this
you sure are being a gigantic attention whore right now. Do you like all those (you)s, you dirty little whore? Shut up. I like talking about my taste in vidya. I like talking about vidya. I bet you're the kind of dipshit who accuses every game thread of being shillery as well. If it were up to you Holla Forums would be a lifeless husk, a Holla Forums-like parody. Christ you're a fucking dipshit.
You're trying WAY too hard to fit in, faggot.
You're a terrible liar, even when user. Drink bleach.

I know I shouldn't reply but he's just going to keep shitposting anyway.

Anons I need two wizard like characters for my grimrock all magic team. I have the black mage from FF, and Sandro. I need two more, preferably from vidya. I am thinking of adding Jesus if I can't think of anyone else.

Hollow Knight. just getting the hunter's journal/mark and I did all achievements besides speedrunning autism ones
It's excellent. I felt like playing Super Metroid again. GOTY by far with cuphead in top 5
Kingdom hearts 3, SMT 5, Deep Strange Journey, DQ XI , Megaman X Corrupted, Metroid Prime 4 (wanna see their gameplay teaser before getting hyped up)
Fighting games in general for vs
I enjoy most co-op games for multi, from Terraria to Perfect Dark.
RPGs of any kind, platformers of any kind (2d/3d/metroidvania), run and gun/shmup, fighters. I love all genres in general. The one i like the least is racing, but mostly because of the lack of good racing games. New F-zero when?
you're getting a little too datamining here fam. I can't just have 1 favorite game. but I'll throw Chrono Trigger as example of great jrpg, along with Paper mario TTYD
good question. I don't know. I like samus (not other m). Being alone in space and being a badass with no fucks given and no one to witness your deeds or sing you praises, and not doing it for that or giving a shit about that. It resonates with me. I when I see samus getting shit done for the sake of the galaxy and not getting any praise nor wanting any, I see a true badass. Probably the same reason most people despise other m samus.
I like Marina from Mischief Makers, and Shanoa from Castlevania. Also Kirby. Kirby is great. Kirby is pure.
Holy fuck there's too many great OSTs. Cuphead comes to mind since i beat it recently.
Yes. I just wanna finish with hollow knight and move to a hat in time.

Mordenkainen from Greyhawk (it counts, ToEE was Greyhawk and Mordenkainen gets namedropped all over the place in D&D vidya)

Remake seems to be one of those games that I will never get sick of playing. Something about it never gets old despite going through it 6+ times on top of all the playthroughs on the original as well. I don't get why Zero always turns me off so much in comparison, still haven't been motivated to finish that even once.

You hold no water for your arguments, you are a willing retard and want others to go for it, you don't even know the problems of our site
I do have to say i made a lot of noise, my (you)s are irrelevant as hell tho, it doesn't even make sense in this context nigger, and now you are reflecting my insults at myself, you are the one who would like this place to be an uncontrolled hell hole like it kinda is right now by your ignorant actions
Take your badge as the newfag who pretends to talk about videogames but knows nothing about the site and indulges in its downgrading, even when i see no malicious intent, just plain ignorance. Might as well tell you to lurk more but it would be useless as the site is filling with fags like you day by day

Dead by daylight is fun since people get mad on it so easily and I love killing people.

What arguments? I'm telling you you're a stupid faggot and here you are proving it over and over and over again.
I honestly wouldn't give much of a flying fuck if the thread never got another reply, it's not my thread and it's no sweat off my back. That being said, talking video games beats the hell out of listening to you prattle on, so consider this the last (you) you will get. I'm going to filter you like I should have to begin with.
Bye.

I started Dragon Age Origins (for the first time) after finishing Baldur's Gate 2 and it feels really awkward. Dialogue and writing is really bad and the artstyle and setting is really bland. Is this the point where BioWare went to shit? Why is this game considered good?

BioWare was never really good, user.
Decent but honestly overrated
same
took third parties to make modules/campaigns that weren't steaming piles
Obsidian before Obsidian became completely cucked, and NWN2's OC is honestly pretty bad
HAHAHAHA
Origins was mediocre as fuck, everything that came after just got worse and worse

Oh, also, after BG2 certain important members of BioWare left I think (Muzyka?) so BioWare is basically a big fucking Theseus' Ship paradox with all the staff replacement that has gone on since BG2 was a thing, and we know the staffing hasn't gotten BETTER. There's that.

I've never played anything from BioWare before DA apart from Baldur's Gate and Mass Effect and I agree Mass Effect is shit. I really enjoyed Baldur's Gate though be it overrated or not.

It's considered by many to be one of the best games ever made despite being mediocre. Even if it was amazing it would still be overrated.

BG and BG2 are both decent, like I said, but they're constantly fellated as the ur-WRPGs by which all others must be measured for some goddamn reason. The Infinity Engine games (except PS:T) in general kind of suffered from uninteresting writing/worldbuilding (Forgotten Realms is honestly not that great a setting).

Frankly, I found DA:O to be more bearable than BG. I couldn't help but see BG as a worse, more restrictive version of D&D. DA didn't give that same feeling, and was much smoother in terms of gameplay.

DA:O is considered good because of lack of competition at the time of release and it was the last Bioware game that allowed for roleplaying. Lame and derivative roleplaying, yes, but you did get to kill a significant chunk of characters if they pissed you off and had several choices to resolve events. It was also the last game to mostly make it out the door before EA started fucking them into the ground.

So there was no DA>DA:O>DA2 sequence? I mean, is DA:O the very first game? it always puzzled me why having a title that makes it sound like a prequel or spin-off.

Absolutely. I'm not saying that Baldur's gate series is the pinnacle of game design or anything. For some reason (nostalgia?) the game tickles my autism in the right way.

DA:O is not based on D&D at all. BG uses 2e AD&D, which is actually not a terrible ruleset, but I think the biggest problem is the adoption of the Forgotten Realms campaign setting as the "default" for D&D vidya. Forgotten Realms is very fucking vanilla, and BG's writing was uninteresting, linear, formulaic. You were the Bhaalspawn, everything revolved around that and nothing else really mattered. So yes, it was restrictive (even your alignment and playstyle didn't really matter because Bhaalspawn). Icewind Dale's story was better and it was supposed to be the "combat" one, not the "story" one. Go figure.

Baldur's Gate one had issues with pacing too. The first few chapters you can basically do whatever the fuck you want and wander around until you return to Candlekeep and the story straps a rope on your neck and drags you trough the rest of the game.

Seems really unpolished. I've seen corpses fly through walls, got an audio desync in a cutscene, and managed to softlock it in chapter 1.
Before this I was playing FE12 which is bretty good. Interesting map design, character balance is decent. Writing is pretty much what you'd expect. It's fairly difficult, which surprised me. I like it a lot and will probably actually finish it. My main gripe there is that Tiki's dragonstones lose a use even if she doesn't actually counter. Good thing I have a lot of stones.

Dawn of War: Soulstorm; Corncobmans Fun Mod.

Makes the game tolerable, keeps the campaign intact, add new units and rebalances the game without going too far off the rails like other mods.

Nothing.

Nope, check youtube.

foreveralone.jpg

RTS

Warlords battlecry 3

Gorgutz

RA2 soviet march

Usually, sometimes the harder AI gets the better of me.

Bloodborne
Earned its spot as one of my favourites
Mordhau and for Syrian warfare to go on sale again
nah
Project Reality
Shooters, rts/rtt
Red Orchestra 2
SDM cast from Touhou
There are so many i like for now Laurence, The First Vicar is my pick
Most of the time yes

why are you so desperate to pretend you fit in here?

(pic related)

But SJWs don't know what they want.

All those things I a single game would work, provided the combat is decent

Factorio
Bad. It's autism meth.
Cleaning up all the spilled noodles in my base
Not of this game.
I don't produce enough pollution to get attention from xenos so no, I'm not winning because my defense strategy worked too well

Xenoblade X on Cemu
Yeah.
I love anime, open world, mechs and asses.
Yeah.
Because shitty fucking translation, 30 fps lock, and uncute mascot character that doesn't shut up.
Nioh for PC.
Here. I wouldn't call this good though.
PSO2.
MetroidIgavania
You want me to go through all them fucking genres or what? For Igavanias that would be SOTN.
Fou-Lu from BOF4 because I'm too hipster for Sephiroth.
Tragic Prince from SOTN.
Duh.

Playing the new Mario game in the office. Been also playing Hat in time back at home. It seems like Hat in time is a better 3D platformer than the new Mario game. Could be me though as I find Hat in time's music to be pretty damn good.

To each their own, I personally find Odyssey to be vastly superior

I liked Sunshine and Galaxy too much and found the hat possession thing in Odyssey to be boring. Oh and Nintendo is still pushing the shitty select world map again. Having a world hub in Hat in time felt so nice. I'm a bit worried as there seems to only be 40 hourglass things in HiT which looks to be a short game.

Nothing at the moment; I'm revising for exams. I've got a load order for Skyrim that I've nearly finished putting together, though, and it should be pretty neat. My Mod Organizer folder's something like 80gb in size.
Erm, I'll say something about the Skyrim load order. I think it's pretty neat. I've put a bunch of mods together to make the combat very Souls-esque, for one thing.
The Pathologic remake and the holidays
Well, there's embed related.
Supreme Commander? That's what I've been playing with the guys lately
Tough choice. Immersive simulation?
The Thief duology is pretty amazing… don't suppose Morrowind would count?
You can't make me choose just one. Drakengard. Bloodlines. Arcanum. Iji. Ace Combat. Unreal/Unreal Tournament (I'm a sucker for tracker music).
y-yeah, I think I'm pretty good for my exams

When in doubt bust out the tank. I'de expand out of that island anyway. Maybe build a big beautiful wall along the coast to the south so you can keep them out of the shoreline.

WTF? Why is that bait?

Soulstorm itself sucks I'm not claiming it doesn't. But with the right mods it's a decent game.

Fuck your formatting, I just want to vent for a second.

I was just playing the Maps of Chaos wadfile for Doom 2. It's a "reimagined" version of all of the original Doom 2 maps. This interests me because frankly, a large portion of the vanilla Doom 2 maps are either weak, incoherent as fuck, or both.
It was going all right until I got to the dreaded MAP10, Refueling Base. This map is infamous because it is the shittiest map in all of the official classic Doom maps, although Fortress of Mystery is a close second. It's a boring series of wide-open rooms filled with monsters and almost totally flat terrain. It's a tedious slog through giant crowds of monsters, most of which don't give you ammo. This map is notorious for eating up all of your ammo.
To top it all off, it suffers from a flaw in the faux-3D engine. Monsters normally start off idle and only start moving around and trying to hunt you when you fire your weapon "near" them. I put scare quotes around near because it's not actually based on a radius, it's based on whether there is an unbroken path between you and the monster. For the monster to not hear your gunfire, there has to be a door that seals completely, or no path at all between you and the monster; the sound goes around all corners. Normally this is not a problem at all because the level designers account for this and strategically place doors in the map. Additionally, many monsters will be behind cages or stuck on high platforms so they can't just all roam the map and try to kill you when you're doing something else.
MAP08 has no such luxuries. The terrain is almost totally flat. Every inch of the level is traversable by monsters. And to top it all off, the severe lack of doors results in monsters being able to hear you from across the map. Well… it can't be that bad, right? It's not like once you clear a room of monsters you have to worry about more monsters sneaking up on you from behind.
WRONG, FUCK FACE.
id's level designers, seemingly unaware of the consequences when they built the test map and were still coming to grips with the technical aspects of their levels, added monster closets which open up in rooms you've already cleared when you enter other rooms. Which means that when you shoot your gun somewhere on the other side of the level, they'll notice you. And guess what? They can actually get to you too.
You may have noticed I've only described problems with the vanilla MAP10. So what exactly did this community level designer due to deserve my ire? Well, for one thing, he didn't add a SINGLE FUCKING DOOR. For another, he added MORE FUCKING MONSTER CLOSETS WHICH OPEN UP BEHIND YOU. What a tedious fucking level.

Whoops, meant MAP10, obviously. Too enraged.

Shadow of war

So-so. It's above mediocre, in the sense that combat is a bit too easy, but then amps way harder once you're dealing with shield orcs or worse yet, the nearly invincible shield captains. They run around with a metal shield and it's a pain in the ass. The story is absolute garbage. In Shadow of Mordor, the first act is alright for lore raping fanfic, everything after it is garbage. In shadow of war, they somehow took the series to new lows.

Mount and blade: Banner lords

Nope, want me to record some?

Hmmm….
If talking PvP, PubG, Dirtybomb,
PvE, I can't think of anything recently that i would call favorite, so StarCraft 1.

Management simulator

Management simulator > City builders > Tropico 3 (Tropico 1 is also great, Tropic 2 is a X-com 1/2 like reskin, Tropico 4 is jewish DLC ridden garbage, Tropico 5, haven't played)

Shit… erm… hmmm… Vyse from skies of arcaida.

Touhou 11 i believe. Never seen this specific game but i like the music from it.

Video related

It's pretty easy. Just research your character build. Use UESP to figure out what attributes actually do. If you make a swordsman, you need to start out with pretty high Agility, or you won't hit anything.
My agility is in the 60s right now, and I never miss. It's not that hard.

Whatever happened to that meme? I remember some guys on /sp/ used to love posting that one

Hatred
none of your bussiness you nosy bastard
The Room 2
gameplay is not important
multiplayer?
the soulsliek genre :^)
Cuphead
Mugman
Postal OST
ask mom

That's edgy as fuck, son.

In the last week I have played Arcanum, and RimWorld.

I really love Arcanum. Despite being unpolished, it gives me the freedom in an RPG that I've always wanted, plus the tech/magic dichotomy is really nice.

RimWorld is way better than that fucking Gnomoria game. I just can't get into DF, and I don't really want to play something too complicated, so I guess RimWorld is for me. It was a good suggestion from some guy in those Kenshi threads.

Kenshi is fine too, but it just runs too hot on this toaster.

Bannerlord
Pillars of Eternity 2
Kenshi release
RimWorld release
some other toaster-friendly games I guess
That Swat game
That Animal Crossing mobile game

Me and my nieces and nephew have been playing Terraria. It's a really accessible game, fun alternative to Minecraft.

RPG, FPS, some strategy games

Arcanum
Victoria 2
Etrian Odyssey 2
Vagrant Story

Drakengard 3
Not really, i was expecting something more like the first, or at least something like the first nier, but its just a generic hack n slash
no
Ace of spades 0.74
WRPG
VTMB
Hitler
Bloodborne (specially father gascoigne and ludwig) and nier soundtracks are god tier
no, im sorry

BMS
It's good, im bad at it
Me getting good at it
I don't play multiplayer games
My favorite genre is riddim games because i have mega autism
My favorite vidya music is probably some IIDX song i dunno
I'm winning against myself most of the time

probably for the better

For Honor

Meh… fun at times, repetitive already.

To the heatdeath of the universe or any game that made me feel so good like Dragon's Dogma did.

No

Hm… to be honest it's been a while since I played online and enjoyed it.

Beat'em Ups, RPGs, autist simulators and games with fun character creation.

I guess my favourite games of all times are Dragon's Dogma and Jade Cocoon. There are more games, but I can't remember them.

Any I create.

Uff… there are so many I can't really choose one.

Yeah, sometimes, but I think I'll soon go play Metal Gear 5 as it was free in PSN.

They bleed pixels
Yeah, its pretty fun but I keep accidentally putting down saves and attacks are wonky. I got plenty of buttons, don't know why they didn't use more.
The last level
Not that I know of
Tf2
Adventure
Mario and Luigi: Bowser's inside story
Bowser, King Dedede
Lord Crump's Theme
I've been on the same escalator segment for 40 minutes.