Atari

What the Hell actually happened with this company? It seems like everything involved and relating to them is tangled in some incoherent legal mess.

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=qoE19qgGGTk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They were bought by another company that uses their likeness for attention.
Nincompoop.

It'd be like if your local fuckburger went out of business and got bought buy some mexicans who turn it into an italian restaraunt and being like "dude wtf is this burger there's noodles in it"

It's just a nostalgia brand, nothing left of the ancient company.

They've been actually working on making new games from existing franchises beyond the Tycoon games, for example Atari let Jeff Minter make a new upcoming Tempest sequel. Though I can't say I have as much fate in anything else they are going to produce. I wish they'd release their grip on Blood already.

*faith

Ataribertos

They're apparently working to create a new console, specifically made for their games library and indie developers.

Atari could probably turn higher profit just selling their logo in clothing then making games.

Don't they make DBZ games now?

It'll probably be a failure even though I'd want them to succeed. There is no evidence that they've learned anything at all from their numerous mistakes over the decades

I doubt it is going to do very well.

Ouya 2.0

, here (just in case my ID got changed)

I sincerely hope it succeeds. I was somewhat uninterested untill I checked it out of random curiousity.

There's a larger amount of good indie games which go unnoticed, or get overshadowed, on the established platforms, which is a disservice to their efforts.

Having one major platform dedicated to unite indies could be beneficial to indie and amateur devs.

Your skeptisism is understandable.
You should check out the interview with the guys who are heading the project. They're aware of the Ouya aftermath.

hooktube.com/watch?v=qoE19qgGGTk

Just sounds like a linux box.

O U Y A

They are doing absolutely nothing with their IPs except for shitty Alone in the Dark and RCT games, hell, the original Blood devs do want to at least work on a proper re-release with modern features and Atari keeps rejecting them.

I wish they finally die and get competent developers to buy the IPs they own.

Time flies. I remember being excited for it since I really liked the first two, and thankfully being spared from any firsthand disappointment since I never actually bought it.

wow someone else made a thread about it

You mean spaghetti?

You must be a chink.

It's a parappa the rappa joke

First few minutes appear to be the dude giving his personal backstory instead of talking about the console. He's not even answering the questions, really.

Wow

Perhaps Atari, once again, will be the answer to our prayers of crashing the industry a second time.

NOODLES, KING OF ALL FOODS.

sounds like a shitty steamos box.

why.

The company itself no longer exists. The brand has been bounced around a couple of different companies, but there's nothing left of the company that made – I think the Jaguar was their last gasp?