DoW Heresy

LOOK RHINOS, RHIIIINOOOOS!
Does any user feel like playing some Ultimate Apocalypse mod for DoW:Soulstorm at multiplayer?

Also Dawn of War 1&2 thread DoW 3 not welcome because its MOBA-tier shit
Chaos enhanced digits 

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/dawn-of-warhammer-40k-firestorm-over-kronus/downloads/beta-firestorm-over-kaurava-2
mediafire.com/download/4jcm30tu87eenfc/FirestormoverKronusBeta3.rar
moddb.com/mods/wrath-of-the-blood-ravens
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Shit tier. Get FoK

does Firestorm over Kaurava have good balance?
I will admit UA balance is complete fuckup

Forgot to turn off the fucking flag, goddamn

Chaos has a lot of huge "fuck your shit" abilities, but that's probably the point, for example the sorcerer has the same spell from vanila but it deals more damage, bigger morale damage and larger aoe

Other than that, as far as I know it's alright. Spess muhreens are the same but with more special snowflake units, ig requires korean micromanagement levels, tau can only fight long range, etc. The most radical change is how certain damage types wont affect certain armor types, this happened to me several times but mostly on ig:
Same applies for buildings, but that makes more sense. This only happens with lasguns and shitty bolters, and heavier weapons deal much more damage than usual

The problem with UA is that it is made to always play until late game, and late game is really hard to finish. Also, goddamn the sororitas are ugly in UA

Daily reminder he died for the Imperium

literally who

How does FoK beta 3 for SS compare to Fok 3.6 for DC? Is it better/worse/equal or what?
I approve of that

Even in his defeat he just leaves saying he'll get revenge someday. He won't.

You can just add making the orks led by some ork pretending to be Gorgutz the canon victors to the list of shit Dawn of Assfaggots 3 fucked up.

No idea, I remember playing firestorm over kronus years ago (probably a decade ago) but not any details. In theory, more developement means more quality nut it might as well be ruined with stupid decisions (vanila dark crusade to soulstorm)
All I know that the soulstorm version does for sure is:

AI rework, a bunch of pathing and combat tweaks that are in the game, but I cant really tell what they do. Once thing I noticed is that AI players dont do retarded back and forth moves when they retreat

More units, specially for necrons and chaos

Production buildings need a generator next to them to work (except hq)

I think the kronus mod had a inquisiton faction, but they have sororitas units now

found some people who datamined DOW III and found a truckload of shit

They also got reused assets from Space Marines

Worse Case Scenario Space Marine II using DOW III Engine

make the hurting stop

Don't you mean purgation of kaurava? that mod is fucking metal, i wish i had someone to play with

Well I just downloaded it and I'm up for some multiplayer

I just got it working as well, though I'm probably late to the game.

Man, this is way fucking different from SS having never played TT very seriously

nuffin had been started yet

Well I'm down for MP if you can tolerate someone whose skill level will quite literally be within the retard range. I am an unskilled turtler when it comes to RTS to begin with

Where we gonna play, steam? Some third party network?
Which version, beta3 or beta2? got both

Moddb only had alpha 1.53

and I just remembered my SS is a cracked version anyway, so it probably wouldn't werk unless 3rd party network, but I have no idea which are out there because I've never played MP DoW (other than a little of DoW2)

You are looking at outdated mod
They have Beta2 here moddb.com/mods/dawn-of-warhammer-40k-firestorm-over-kronus/downloads/beta-firestorm-over-kaurava-2
and Beta3 mediafire.com/download/4jcm30tu87eenfc/FirestormoverKronusBeta3.rar
Mediafire download is fucking slow

Good to know that it wasn't the final version, this one had some really fucky behavior. No upgrading units if they aren't standing still, no explanation why certain upgrades weren't available, etc.

I guess I'll get beta3, then? Unless they're more of a fork of each other than progressively improved/bug-fixed versions?

guys i don't have time to play purgation of kaurava with you but i will if you give me your steam or contact info or w/e and we can play maybe friday

Alright, add me Wololo9000

that footage from the old id offices always gets me
the whole industry used to be so much fucking better than what it is now and it's really depressing

Let's all agree on Beta3 then - do you have that one yet? We should try to do as much prep work as possible. See

I'm sure this thread will still be up tomorrow, but if not, let's keep it alive so we can accumulate other parties. I'll bookmark it/keep it alive in a browser tab.

Steam is linkdude64

It really is. Everyone in the industry used to be about having fun and making cool shit, now it's like going to a fucking church or something where you can't wear/say/think certain things. What a fucking waste.

Oh well. At least we have this site because some cripple in extreme pain wanted to keep true freedom alive on the internet when clearly nobody else does. Seriously, take a step back and look around. This is the last uncucked and un-coopted website left on the entire. fucking. internet. No other country has the freedom of speech protections we do.

Are the Tau a really strong race in vanilla dark crusade or am I just terrible? I was playing as Necrons and it took me forever to do their base mission in the campaign.

necrons are the most overpowered fags there are in the entire game, you just suck very hard.

Bullshit. Some have really good models.

I figured they would be an easy race due to the lore and how they were portrayed in the IG ending of winter assault. I think I did so poorly since I mostly pumped out the basic soldiers and flayed ones for their teleport ability for infantry instead of mixing in immortals and supporting them with tomb spyders to put them back together

bamp

Is the doc their primarch?

fucking flags

What's the best faction and why is it orks?

My nigga

I can't wait to see the Imperial Guard expansion pack to get those extra shekels in.
It gets even worse by the way, there were also Chaos units datamined.

it's a mixture really, alot of it is lazy reusing the same models but certain shit that totally doesn't have the modeler has a clear biases for, looks better

The Sisters of Battle has had their models updated like 3 fucking times now in every new update, it's getting ridiculous seeing models that clearly look like their from a 2005 game collide with models that look like their from a fucking Trip A game from current year.

no I get you utterly on that and it extends down to the bloody audio as well, half the mod I'm convinced is just lifted models from dow2 and various other little mods

UA is made by a russian moder that shamelessly steal assets, so the whole thing is put together with stolen assets. It's not his own effort, but the thing that looks good do because he stole them, and the ones that don't is because he can' improve them since he can't stole models or textures to improve them.

user is right, Firestorm Over Kaurava is some good shit. It's also much closer to codex than UA.

Glad I never bought that shit.

Gorgutz was stupid in general. He was practically a meme character. Where others might die, Gorgutz always returned, because he was just that good. It was dumb.

There was nothing wrong with this tbh, some of my favorite lines came from him. His temperament fits with the Ork unit's voice lines in general
He's not that good you git, even Gorgutz said so himself. He runs away from meaningless defeats so he could 'ave anuver go at 'em 'umies next time.

He also tells a brown-nosing Ork that he isn't as good as ghazghkull.

Nice digits, slaanesh community follower but you should post more straight chaos.

You dunn goofed

(Check'd)

Anything nuRelic says its false, vance's victory isthe only way for blood ravens to be defeated in kaurava and still have some marines survive, but of course, they dont give 2 shit about the lore or common sense.

Why are all the campaign mods so utter and complete shit?

bampu

Because most modders have zero sense of scale or balance and add as much sensless shit as they possibly can which rat-fucks the campaign to death.

I get that people like having their mod reference the source material but scrolling over 9+ variants of the Baneblade with shitty russian translation descriptions is not fun.

The only mod I ever found that made the Campaign tolerable for Soulstorm was corncobmans mod mostly because it didn't radically change everything about the game like most mods.

Reminder that you should spank all Eldar!

Inside DOW III Retribution Gabe

THE CHAOS GODS SHALL REVIVE THIS THREAD BACK FROM DEATH, WITNESS THE TRUE POWER OF CHAOS
check em

Don't think that could ever work.
But if you wanna play UA or FoK I'm down for it, there are 2 more anons that wanted to do FoK multiplayer.

By the Throneworld…

HERESY

You better enjoy it, becoming corrupted by the warp, molded in it. It's a gift. Gift that grants you the dark powers of dubs magic Just take a taste of it

Playing through all of the original campaigns. On Dark Crusade currently. Is DoWII this good?

yeah its good, also user take this mod, moddb.com/mods/wrath-of-the-blood-ravens

Make DOW II Campaign Better (Increase Squad Size and New Weapons and armor for your squads)

Tau plasma rifles are incapable of destroying buildings in FoK last I played it. So you need something bigger than infantry to fuck up buildings. In general, FoK Tau are much more crisis suit focused, with infantry acting as chaff and fire support.

DoW2 is a very different beast. Its an ARPG mixed with an RTT.

Funny you say that since we just had a World in Conflict gamenight

the DOWII campaign, from the base game without expansions that is, is very good indeed, they even let you carry on progress if you decide to play the Chaos Rising campaign, a nice touch you don`t see much of it lately.

The RETRIBUTION campaign is just as good but maybe a little bit streamlined since it`s the same thing to all races, everything else is pretty much the same thing

user, you do know you can modify the file to play campaign

I meant with official support, I tried that and the AI isn`t very smart with her unit composition and quantity, it`s really underwhelming in comparison to what you can actually do