THE DOUBLE BARELLED SHOTGUN

This right here is the pinnacle of weapon design in video-games.
What's your favorite representation of the double-barreled shotgun Holla Forums?

hard-mode: no Doom

Other urls found in this thread:

files.catbox.moe/1kc3n0.mp4
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The olympya from the call of duty series. The original halo 1 shotgun is still the best shotgun in all of vidya history though. Most shotgun representations are shit in games.

the toz-34 from S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Over-under from NV

I always thought the Halo 1 shotgun was fairly effective but it wasn't very satisfying to use. The sound it made was meh and enemies aren't blown back by it or anything, just tending to crumple. It was pretty cool swatting jumping combat forms out of the air with it though.

I forgot about the H1 shotgun, it actually doesn't spread the second it gets out the barrel like fucking sand.

The double barrel in WAW was satisfying not for its range, but when you got a double kill both bodies essentially turned into mist thanks to the games gore.

>(((they)))

How the fuck does that last gun even work? It looks like it was made by a gothic mekboy listening to the cure

The Double Barrel Boomstick from Killing Floor 2. Not only is it arguably the best Support weapon (the AA-12 is for niggers) with a large damage output and the ability to stagger every enemy in the game, but you can use it to rocket jump ala Quake without the downside of splashing yourself. It's top notch.

the sawn off barrelled shotgun

good thing I stopped caring when they took a huge dump on KF1

Far Cry 2 had a pretty satisfying double barrel. Great firing sound, snappy and sexy reload animation, and the blood splatter it caused when used at point blank make it a favorite of mine.

Isn't that basically impractical during combat?

FC2 would have been a great game if every goddamn enemy checkpoint didn't repopulate immediately when you move 100m away from it. I don't know what the hell they were thinking with that mechanic, it ruined the game for me. It's been many years since I bothered to check but are there mods now for that game? They wouldn't release an SDK for the longest time and it pissed me off that such a simple fix couldn't be created because of their kikery.

hmm

lel show me on the doll where Tripwire touched you user

Stop derailing the thread you cuckwire fanboy.

You faggots deserve to killed painfully

Not only they didnt fix shit, they make 3 ,4 and 5 even worse.

the shotgun in metal arms is better than the one in halo. it's sad no one has fucking played that game to see how beautiful it is. it kicks halo's ass in every way yet halo ended up being the bigger success.

They doubled and tripled down as leftists always do.

Yes user, it's all one big conspiracy against you.

Stop misusing this.

/r/ ban for the derailing faggots

nah, go to politics boards if you want banhappy niggermods

Why are shotguns so damn satisfying?

epic. Holla Forums is funnily enough ran by a spic

Big boom plus less need for perfect accuracy as long as you are in range, and chambering a new round always sounds awesome.

Chucking heavy lead at things is more satisfying than zapping them with a light weight, high velocity round. Just like how hacking through a tree with an axe is more satisfying than zipping through it with a chainsaw. It speaks to our primal instincts of bashing things in with heavy objects. See also the big bore african doubleguns.

Because they fuck shit up. Buckshot shreds flesh, and slugs will fuck your shit sideways even if you manage to stop them with body armor, because physics.

Has anyone ever released as robust a map editor as Ubi did with FC2? I enjoyed making maps more than playing the actual fucking game, which I thought was thoroughly mediocre. The closest thing I can think of is Timesplitters 2 and although that had more programming options there wasn't any terrain editing.

What's your favorite shotgun, nigger? All you've done is kvetch about KF2 but I haven't seen any actual contribution to the thread thus far.

You keep posting off topic but don't even have the decency to sage. Are you new, or just retarded?

stay bum buttered faggot

Very practical. Can be affordable to high end custom made. Satisfying boom sound. I don't know why it ticks a lot of checkmarks but it does. Even with the smaller ammo capacity, shotguns in general is still good.

Tough decision but probably the one from Killing Floor. RIP good game, ruined by terrible content updates.

Definitely the one from Blacklight: Retribution. BL:R did some things wrong, but what they got right was weapon feel. Just look at this shit, it's amazing. And it counted as a SECONDARY, so you could pack something long range to go with it, too.

Betty Boom from EYE Divine Cybermancy. In a game where nearly every weapon is fun and satisfying to use, they made the double barrel into the most useless POS imaginable. Long reload, way too little damage, and an absolutely MASSIVE spread pattern which made it useless for headshots or anything longer range than arms length.

Know how I know you aren't from here?

RS2 shotgun best shotgun

Nigger just answer the fucking question, what is your favorite vidya double barrel shotgun and why?

Stay mad faggot.

k

it ain't meme

But Doom1 shotgun is so good though. It still holds up even today. Least favorite is almost anything in borderlands 2. Non FPS I'll go with FO2's CAWS, that was alright.

The CoJ Gunslinger guns are works of art. And the shotgun isn't half bad to use either.
I recently replayed Max Payne 1 & 2, and one thing that I noticed is how damn satisfying all guns are to use. The shotgun is damn great.

oh shit nigger what the fuck are you doing

Metro 2033

That game was fun as fug. Seriously a great western soundtrack combined with fun pistol play made you feel like you were the spaghetti western.

This mod for Arma 3 adds a pretty good one, decided to test it out to see how effective it is at various ranges.
I wish there were more mods for double barreled shotguns for this game though.

Pleb. The greatest weapon is much more killy and with a lot more dakka!

ragdoll physics is one of the most fun things to happen to video games.

its so rarely done right in games. i just wanna project a metal beam of ass shredding dakka. timesplitters 2 was a pretty good minigun, you could even dual wield them and just vomit hot lead death all over everything forever. they were really accurate too for some reason, which i found kind of dissatisfying. it was like a jackhammer scalpel, instead of a fire hose of shrapnel

Keep in mind that video games are designed to have engagement distance of 50 yards or less, this is the sort of distance at which shotgun would tear ass all over the battlefield. Real battles take place at longest practical range, given that riflemen accuracy ain't worth a shit past 400 yards, this is the typical engagement range, and assault rifles are tailored to engagements at that range. Contrary to popular belief, simply putting a high magnification scope on your gun doesn't makes you into a sniper, your accuracy will still amount to dick past 400 yards. Adequate sniper material is a rare commodity, and even then they engage at 600-800 yards - not very substantial increase - and only at unsuspecting targets that don't move around a whole lot. Beyond that it's the same spray&pray as you do with assault rifle, except with a scope attached.

Over/Under >>> Side-by-side

thats fucking magestic. but i dont find it as intimidating. you know, its too heroic to make me feel threatened. theres no way that can kill me because its only interested in hurting villains.

Slavs got you covered.

You want to be threatened by your own gun? Or are you a robber that wants to be caught and held up with a threatening gun?

You have never handled a gun or a women, have you?

Do not bully the pure.

kill me

Own one illegaly, dummy.

There's nothing more satisfying than blowing up enemies in Serious Sam with the coach gun.

That thing just looks like tasteless niggerbling on a pineapple, not the modern equivalent look of an ancient legendary sword of hero mcheroson who defeated 12 dragons and the IRS.

miniguns ARE accurate in RL. More accurate than heavy machineguns and LMG's

you fucking know it

thats terrifying

Because it decimates anything in it's path.

feels weird to be admiring someone properly offing themselves with a firearm, but I've seen too many instances of half-blown-off faces not to

B-but muh gameplay balance!

Cobain took away something important from rock n' roll: it's balls
Glad the motherfucker killed himself

gunslinger was a fun game

I remember having a lot of fun with the sawed off in Mafia and the street sweeper in Godfather, but they probably don't hold up today

Devil May Cry always has a decent shotgun. Not because it's powerful, but because it's awesome from crowdcontrol.

This, though. The sleekness of the over-under design would work especially well with a scattergun design with a pistol grip, too.

Most of Holla Forums is full of minorities tbh. Anybody got pics of that meetup?

That's cuckchan though

user I….

Blood's sawed-off. But with Guns Akimbo.
BOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMeverything is dead

I just had to google that big word and it seems you misused it, as it's only used for describing beautiful people.

You mean the /hwndu/ meeting? None of the major ones were from Holla Forums. Also it was jewyork

Impact and efficiency at short-mid range were each shot very effective, long variety of ammo helps even more.
Would be nice to have a game with KS-23 or a china Lake loaded with big buck ammo.

Remembering that LMGs have good accuracy, too.

Why is it only 4mb? I demand a larger one.

Yeah well, most accuracy problems rise from "not having them attached to two ton tanks with room for just one", not from people producing shitty guns on purpose.

Courtney Love please leave.

That proves nothing other than the editor knows how to edit a video and a cameraman can use a camera. Over/Under is still better, not just aesthetically but also functionally. It's more accurate and recoils less.

Cucked

I found the footage on YouTube but there's no music, someone added it in for the webm it seems.

sequential

KF2 is pretty fun user. The hate it gets on this board is vastly overblown.

Here, friend. If only the quality wasn't so low.

Don't you try to use Charls against me. Charls would definitely be down to play some KF2 with me if I asked him.

Killing Floor still exists.

Well, pretty hard to believe that used to be the guys face. Absolutely Brutal/10

That's just a reupload of the webm.
Here is the real full quality video files.catbox.moe/1kc3n0.mp4

I'VE GOT SPURS

Scrake uppercuts in killing floor 1 are very distinctive.

kf2 is a shit game and the devs are absolute cancer.
t. a good goy who bought it in early access
also, charls plays competitive fps like Quake, not co-operative survival like kf.

Painkiller shotgun

How do you know what Charls plays?

he livestreams on twitch almost every weekend.

it got better after the game died so hard that TW had to pull their heads out of their asses or see their money machine crash and burn
all of the gay shit from EA is gone, game still has problems, but is a perfectly acceptable sequel to KF1
that said, I still wouldn't recommend buying it at full price because of the faggy (albiet cosmetic only) microtransactions
It was a shit game for so long that I don't blame anyone for not knowing about the changes, and Tripwire is a scummy company so I also don't fault people for boycotting the game, I'm just telling it like it is

the double barrel in KF2 definitely gets my vote for favorite shotgun, though

I want to impregnate that woman

Oh shit someone who's actually played the game instead of just going off of what they've read on Holla Forums and running with it.

I tried kf2 again over the summer, it's still shit and that's not going to change. The problem with 2 is that it's shallow.

The depth in 1 is such that there are so many pseudo-exploits and bugs that they become viable strategies and/or necessities in hell on earth. These usually require elaborate set-ups and time. 1 is a much slower-paced game, which facilitates this. 2 is faster and the zeds are constantly up in your face ALL THE TIME which does not give you any real opportunity to position yourself or strategize; you just shoot what's in front of you and if you don't you get surrounded and die, almost instantly.
In 2, the main way of dealing with sc/fp is to spam headshot until they die or stun them and spam headshot til they die - for every perk. Stuns in 2 also have a cooldown or just don't work during certain animations/rage which DID NOT happen in 1 and WILL get you killed.
Contrast this to the huge variety of stunning, flinching, uppercuts, grenade combos, melee locking… which also encourages the use of off-perk weapons. EG you need a machete/axe/katana to flinch sc as a support in order to get in close and 1 shot him with double barrel. You need a m32 as commando to deal with fp, etc. And this on top of the fact that offperk weapons cost more in 1. In 2 they're always the same price so there's the added consideration of "do i switch perk for a wave to get a cheap offperk" or "do i spend more to not switch".
Fleshpounds in 2 sometimes spawn raged. Sometimes 2 or more spawn raged. If this happens, there is nothing you can do. FPs in 2 will always be a problem until they are returned to the rage mechanics of 1. FP also used to permanently rage if it was 1 of the last 5 remaining, which is another example of terrible design decisions. (They at least got rid of this)
Aside from that, there seems to me to be a lot of confusion on the part of the devs as to how exactly they want you to play the game - camping in 1 spot or kiting the horde around behind you. In the case of the former, there are no really good spots on any map that allow camping without stuff periodically dropping on your head or appearing behind and the case of the latter the pace of the game is so fast and the zeds spawn in so fast that it's not uncommon to get wiped simply because a crowd of clots spawned ahead of you and blocked a doorway, which is annoying in itself because you aren't losing from a lack of skill, you're just losing from bad luck. Teleporting exacerbates this. It's not as bad as it was, but it's still there.

The only thing, gameplay-wise, that 2 does better is head-hitboxes. It's also visually prettier, even if the art design is rather cartoonish and infantilized. That's it.

I tried playing it with the best of intentions and there was potential there for a while in the Beta that it could have worked out, but then they refocused on microtransactions, "free xp weekends" and weekly "kill the gimmick enemies" playing incentives. They just abruptly seemed to switch from a development focus on their game to a full-on kike mode which was just disgusting, and they've never looked back so fuck em.

According to their patch notes the "sometimes" was a bug, they are ALWAYS supposed to spawn enraged in Suicidal and Hell on Earth.

The main issue I have with 2 is that it takes itself too seriously. The British bantz was what sealed the deal for me in the first game, and it's completely absent now. Plus the french trader is nails-on-a-chalkboard obnoxious, I muted character voices just to be rid of her.

Someone please explain the appeal of grunge to me. I never got it. Why the fuck does anyone like Nirvana? The lyrics aren't interesting, the singing is mumbled mush, and the guitars are just sort of there, not doing anything special.

because Teen Spirit got a lot of radio play and that's about it. cobaine was a bitch

Why did Teen Spirit get radio play!? Every complaint I just said applies to Teen Spirit even more than most grunge!

No, tests are made from a stable platform.

Comparisons between a gattling gun, and 2 different MG's (a .50 cal and a M240) shows that a minigun is - taking into account number of shots fired and hits scored, 2x to 4x times more accurate.

That's why it's so scary of a weapon.

Normalfags.

Serious Sam & Painkiller come to mind. I mainly use the double barrel in Painkiller alongside the SMG with a flamethrower attachment.

Give me a game that has a SxS with exposed hammers.

Here's another video. Notice that in the end section, only every 5th round is a tracer round (thus, visible)

It was the 90's, the popular music scene for rock and pop was between "indie" flavors such as grunge and boybands and spice girl pop. Both can be argued to be manufactured since not every indie was an actual independent.

If you are holding the shotgun properly, you won't be fucking up your wrists. Only if you had no stock and were holding it with one hand then you would be at risk.

Where did you find this? Here's a 16MB webm from that version for

What? If you imply that such diversity doesn't exist in kf2 you are wrong, because it does, though proposes itself in a bit different forms in some cases.
Why do you have to lie, user?
Which is never something a backseat medic couldn't deal with which turns
into a positive part, since kf1 doesn't have proper kiting outside of berserk medic combo and safe sweetspot camping might be argued to be a cancer in general gameplay terms.
????
Disingenuous at it's best.
1. It is at the same rate effective as in kf1;
2. No, it's not the same for every perk:
Support - double barrel flinching;
firebug - close range knockback and groundfire;
berserk - cqc flinching/stumbling, parrying and depending on the main weapon either contributing to headshot dmg or to main hp;
demo - if we'd ignore xbow levels of broken rpg, then it's a complete inability to deal with scrakes, while having an upper hand on FPs;
medic - can't comparatively effectively contribute to the killing of large zeds outside of dmg buff stacking on the perks that can;
SS - yes, but requires clear FoV on the target and not being hit by small zeds or has an advanced option of going for stun instead;
gunslinger - requires space free of small zeds to kite;
SWAT - desperately needs zeds to be stunned, otherwise same to gunslinger;
survivalist - without rpg or c4 is even more useless than a medic that doesn't buffstack;
Commando - SWAT without stunning nades, but with more firepower options against either FPs, scrakes or trash.
Are you retarded?

Also, they've already ruined kf with a standalone release, so go fuck yourself.

You are talking out of your ass. See

The only problem is that way too many games effectively turn it into a melee weapon that costs ammo. In Doom and Quake 2 you can use it either to deal lots of damage to dangerous monsters, or hit a lot of weaker monsters at once by backing up a bit. Quake 1's iteration was quite strange because it was weaker, but fired faster, so it became more of a middle-of-the-range ammo saving weapon (because it's not like you're going to use shells for anything else).

it's a known fact that a good shotgun is important for a good fps
if an fps game has a trash shotgun, it's not very good at all, that's a fact

honestly, the best double barreled shotgun I've ever used in a video juego is probably from one of the killing floors because holy shit are they so good at murder

the sawed off shotgun from the STALKER games all have exposed hammers

Sancti Tigris

I mean user it depends on what difficulty you are also talking about, because both games have the same problem where on higher difficulty the other classes start to fall off, and in KF2's case I will admit this is to a much lesser degree as how the game stands now.

Commando on suicidal in KF1 for example is almost useless, only truly being never picked on HoE and would be a quick way to get kicked out of most servers back in the day.
Commando in KF2 just feels weak to use against larger ZED's while he contributes to damage in KF2 mostly with smaller enemies when he attacks larger ones he doesn't end up screwing his team mates out by raging them with his weak damage output on them unlike the first game, where it meant certain death.
Firebug is actually usable in KF2 unlike KF1 where he was practically useless, and in the second game it has Large AoE Crowd Control.

That's just a few examples of where KF2 was better than 1, now KF2 does have it's fair share of problems. Probably some of the mistakes TW made in the overall beta of the game that left a sour taste in everyone's mouth. Such as Hanz being bugged for an entire year as they refused to fix him for no real reason and "early access done right".
The idea that the lighting engine is the way it is to stop camping is very counter intuitive when they also put in the teleporting ZED system since it stops people from kiting. Both systems are opposing each other constantly unless it's a map that doesn't have breakable lighting or has so much open space nothing can spawn in-front of you and block your path. It's like the Dev's didn't want you doing either thing.

Another problem with the first game was Siren's their damage output was insane and sometimes you would round a corner only to have 3 of them instantly scream and kill you with nothing you could do. They made large improvements over KF1 in game balance aspects, but the inability to bait specific attacks to dodge them or counter attack made it feel awkward. A bad enemy for example in KF2 would be the Gorefiend they spam the ever living shit out of their spin attack and when playing berserker and going for a parry it's frustrating to instead lose 40 HP because there is almost no windup to the damn thing because you cant parry it. Also KF1 did not have teleportation mechanics in fact if a Zed was far enough away from the players for a specific time they would just die it's very common to win a round because of this for the last kill.
Both games have their fair share of problems.

Mad Max.
Unlock the Gut Shot ability and it's incredibly satisfying to blast War Boys in half during melee fights.

Has anyone ever made an automatic double barreled shotgun? Something that can pump out 1800 rounds of buckshot per minute.
Or how hard would it be to modify a drum mag to work with a break-in-half shotgun?

Spoiler that shit, user. This isn't /k/.

glitch in the system? yeah. level 3 scatter blaster shits on everything but chews through ammo at an alarming rate and holy shit it's satisfying to use.

Why isn't this in any video game

Why don't I own one of these

The suicidal and the HoE should be the default.
This is wrong on so many levels.
1. Commando is actually stronger now (especially with better head hitboxes).
2. He can still screw up the team since all the mechanics of enraging are still there and commando still despite 1. isn't powerful enough to just kill larger zeds effortlessly.
3. Commando wasn't lacking usefulness on either suicidal or HoE, the players who picked them were.
It was definitely the sjw influenced terms of service that left a sour taste, everything else was on the people who bought in on early access or TWI did nothin rong kf1 and ro2 were perfect.
probably exclusively, i.e. it was an intended balancing. As of right now either is viable given the right circumstances and that what makes the game stand out.
You can still do that, it's a bit different, but it's still there.
I'd agree, while his implementation was a right choice for several reasons, as an enemy he is really annoying and feels cheap. However, despite that pretty much all perks have a way of effectively dealing with him. For example, anything stronger than perk unaffected beretta can deal with him if you don't shit your pants and just shoot his head.
Yeah, looks like I've confused it, my bad.
I don't need anything more than that. More over, unlike kf2.5 to standalone transition, 1=>2 actually changed the gameplay dynamics enough to make it different. There are far more minute differences than we could talk about, but they don't make a bad game, flaws do and my valuation of kf2 quality would be - it's as good as the early kf1 was.

I only bring this up for clarity user since anyone playing below that is either too low level or cant handle any real challenge.
That he can but it's no where near as punishing for his team mates like it was in the first game. Zed damage is much more forgiving in this one.
I call bullshit on this in the first game since support did everything commando did just better. Between the large Ammo pool and more carrying weight for more guns Support could do the job of cleanup and have a HS in his pocket for any of the Larger Zeds. But I do agree many "Commando Mains" were fucking trash.
Dont even get me started with this dumb shit or that annoying cunt of a character they added, maybe people wouldn't have hated them for EA if they actually updated the game more than twice a year.
That's true for now when the game came out originally the first few maps were terrible for this design decision. All of them felt like they didn't know what they wanted you to do on them and in fact still kind of do, only the newer / community maps really feel like they work with the systems in place.
I cant remember the name of the community map but it's a perfect example of how not to make a level it's basically a box with 2 connecting hallways and the entire lighting for it is done from stuff you can break so if someone plays demo nobody can see anything.
Playing Zerker I have found the only way to deal with the damn things quickly and consistantly is to katana their legs, for some reason it works but it feels so awkward to do.
I'm not saying the games are bad user just that they each have their own share of problems that can be fixed if addressed. Neither of them are bad as a whole, it just feels like TW wont do shit about it unless they have to. I.E Hans

Talking about KF 2, what about its DP-12 ?

I'm going to not take the easy way out like a fag and say Payday 2, at least very early in the game's life cycle. Great accuracy and the highest damage of any weapon, it was an extremely powerful tool for clearing rooms, keeping in mind that in Payday only a single pellet must hit an enemy to deal full damage to said enemy, which makes shotguns extremely good and satisfying as fuck. I'd say Payday has, by far, the best shotguns of any non-ID FPS released in the past decade.

Ironically enough I got a Mosconi skin from the COP safe when Oyveykill went full jew, it has sentimental value to me now.

With increased spawn rates one extra scrake can make all the weather.
Except they have different roles. Commando can focus singular zeds efficiently, while support is only good in the lane game (sure it's the predominant one, but there are times where that's not the case or not the only case). Bloats, sirens, husks are all out of the supports scope, or at least should be in a non threatening situation.
I'm not saying that support lacks the firepower, quite the opposite - it's an overkill, even so that there might not be enough ammo for a single wave without any shots wasted. And even without that, support weapon ammo is expensive and doesn't even stand close to how effective commando can be.
Well, mmm, they did at least in the current year.
Sure, but again, early access and TWI development cycle.
Neither of us is arguing for anything being unacceptably bad (outside of a thing I'll address shortly). You wanted to fix my post by arguing neutral standpoint maybe thinking that I'm going overboard or that I was implying that kf1 was bad or something(i.e. you thought I was straying away from the truth). And so am I was arguing for a neutral position in terms of dynamics between those games, but I've had to lean off from the center to counterpoint retard's points. I hope we can agree that he is an idiot. Cheers.

It's good enough to overcome tier 2 drawbacks, since it's the most efficient support weapon, but it's still a tier 2 weapon (which you should probably always avoid in favor of tier 3 or 4) and it has limited uses.

I think i just read your last point incorrectly my mistake and Fair enough user, although I never felt support ammo being expensive all that much since I always had extra but I guess that's true since you would get more ammo per dollar spent on a rifle/smg.
And don't worry hes an idiot who clearly plays solo normal or something fucking stupid if that's the kind of results he gets from "every class"

It is, I feel and know that since online interaction drains out of me(unless I can guarantee it would be productive without any repercussions), so I try to learn how to be self sufficient or even self generating. Thus it isn't uncommon for me to reach 6k per match while not playing berserker (and then people bitch like I owe them something).
If I remember correctly rifle ammo averages on 0.7-2 per shot, while shotgun is around 4-5. SWAT has the most broken starting equipment of free 9mm, full armor and mp7 that is 0.5 per shot(and 1 shot per kill). Firebug is almost as self sufficient as berserker.
I also don't buy armor on suicidal and earlier late waves of HoE. Come on, that's free 300£.
Doesn't have to be, he only needs to be dismissive and trivializing. In that sense even you can't disagree that it's effective for everyone to shoot the head (and I'll prove that to you if you disagree).

The sound of the spent shells bouncing off the floor was orgasmic too.

My favorite part about KF2 is how you can reload cancel by melee bashing. Since melee bashing overwrites the reload animation and firing/pressing the reload button overwrites the melee bash, you can effectively melee bash as soon as the ammo counter goes up during the reload and skip the final parts of the animation. This is extremely fun with gunslinger and pistols akimbo due to basically letting you skip half the reload time and just keep dispensing lead. I'm glad that if they're gonna let you change weapons mid-reload unlike KF1, that they gave the player another tool to min-max your damage output.
Honestly, my biggest gripes with the game is how shit the community is compared to KF1, nobody heals each other, probably because of the massive PRESS Q TO HEAL YOURSELF prompt and healing themselves between rounds wasting dosh for everyone else, the game also isn't as charming as the first, even Classic Briar sounds a bit tame and neutered and the trader is pure cancer. Overall I really like the game, especially when I found out the recoil of the boomstick and started flying around the map, along with reload cancelling demo weapons to dispense a ton of grenades all over the place.

Sorry for double post but the health scaling is busted in KF2's co-op, when the game's way way easier to solo then when you're playing with 5 others, something's not right IMO, especially compared to how hard it is to solo anything in KF1 unless you have a decently leveled perk.

I actually don't like it on gunslinger or any other perk with fast reloads, since you don't actually save that much time, but also have a chance to fail the reload.
Also, speaking of canceling actions, I hate how light melee attack cancels the strong one, one of the reasons I dislike playing berserker.
Most of the time the only thing to do in that situation is either heal others at low hp or abandon the ship (usually you need to be a forefront player for that to work more effectively). In the former case people usually start to heal in return, in the latter they die and have a chance to learn a lesson. Rarely when I give out medic guns people don't heal, but I agree, it's extremely annoying when they don't.
I'd say it is charming, but different. Like how standalone was charming but different to kf2.5.
With rpg and railgun in place it's good enough. As long as those exist it's more of a matter of cooperation and teambuilding than scaling issues. I also believe that solo is different to 1 player online server in terms of zed stats.

I geuss im just used to hogging all the kills to myself cause of the 5 tumors on my back called a team unless ones a medic.

And dear god why would anyone argue shooting something in the head in a videogame would do less damage. In a game where nothing has any armour really. The only thing in kf2 would be the firebug.(and demo i geuss even though it can headshot but why would you want to?)

I don't see the difference.

No, the point is. The guy could be playing on suicidal regularly, but he is dismissive about what he observes that he can trivialize data into "every perks duty is to shoot large zeds to the head". Obviously that's not true, but if you were to say that it's not true I would explain how that conclusion could be reasonable. And the counterpoint to that isn't that "anything else would do less damage", it's that "not shooting in the head and doing something else would be more useful as a result".
But flare revolvers and the trench gun do some pretty decent damage.
Because RPG has an insane impact damage multiplyer on scrakes?
Well, kills wouldn't do much if you can't reach higher tiers early enough. For example, how early can you get a tier 3 and 4 weapons in a long game? The right answer is with a bit of a stretch by wave 2 and 3 respectively.

You've been formally diagnosed with Retardation and Casualism. I'm sorry for your loss, but you may be able to apply to disability benefits.

Just one shitty dev vs another shitty dev making an equally shitty series. Sorry user, but it was always shit.

Dear god, it's a case of really strong Casualism. You'll definitely be able to get disability benefits. Congratulations on your loss.

Oh yeah the RPG does do that to scrakes I forgot my mistake. And yeah the flare gun and trench gun do okay damage id just prefer to have a flamethrower and the Chaulk for maximum CC and enough ammo to last the entire round and kill everything if you tap fire. Did they ever fix tap firing being better than holding down fire with those? I forget.

I think the only thing they could do is to either nerf it or buff it by allowing single shot taps. I doubt either of those solutions would be satisfactory thus the conclusion is that it's fine as it is.

user, hating Halo is a meme sorry to break it to you but he is just baiting

Yeah, I suspected as much. I don't normally talk Halo so I wasn't sure if it was a thing or not. Whateves.

I'm really not, though. Why do you think it's a meme? It's genuinely just a boring, floaty piece of shit game. The "babby's first FPS" bit may be a meme, but it's also pretty accurate seeing as the only real way to have actually enjoyed the game was if you did not yet have any standards by the time you played it.

But both are bad design.

Prey's Acid Sprayer was fucking cool. The entire arsenal was pretty great, actually.

frog is shit

nice buzzword

I want to get enough gains to one day use one of these in as if it was a regular old shotgun.
Will I make it?

Simple, reliable, versatile. The thinking man's gun. At least it would be if more devs would get their shit together and add in additional ammo types and do things properly. Instead, save for a few rare exceptions, we just get shot that vanishes 5 feet away and maybe slugs if were lucky. I just wanna be able to load in dragon's breath, grenade, semen, or tazer rounds as the situation requires.

If I had to choose between that and an endless stream of niggers trying to kill me even though I just slaughtered the entire checkpoint 5 minutes ago then yes, I'd pick emptiness. However I am sure that they could have found a happy medium and had perhaps partial respawning at random intervals instead of the lazy horse shit they shipped the game with, and I'm certain that if they hadn't been stingy cunts about it and let the community mod the damn game it may very well have developed a dedicated following and perhaps there would be a good deal of people still playing it even in CY+2. There were many positive aspects about FC2 that blew me away at the time of release, especially the attention to detail of the weaponry, the fire effects and the combat in general. The setting was lush and atmospheric, the sound quality was great, and the vehicles felt solid. As I stated before, the game was ruined for me by the fact that I never felt a sense of progress against the homicidal niggers.

wut? multiple perks for shotguns that are not just do 10% more damage enemy types that are lightly armored in the late game multiple anti dt loads. FUCKING EMP slugs. for murdering bots. dragon breath rounds. fuck you can kill caesar with rounds loaded with his own fucking coins. actually buys into the varied rounds meme that floats around shotguns. but no "all guns need to do x DPS at y level to all enemies"

You wanna fuck off? I asked a question, not expressed disinfo. Besides that I wouldn't be surprised in the least if half of pool was full of blacks.

Wow don't even know how I fucked that up.

You are going to have to explain how exactly its a meme, because it sounds as stupid to me as saying drill bits are a meme.

Looking at this post again, I realized that someone will mention the 3-4 prototypes. Doesn't count. Mass production or similar shotgun when?

when liberals stop with banning stupid fun shit like suppressors and sawed off guns. the thing that goes up HIGH CAPACITY MURDER MAGAZINES, full retard, burst,
BUMP STOCKS
or any other infringement on the second amendment that ironically enough has the phrase "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" in it.
yes i support the private ownership of nuclear weapons by american citizens.

They're good at blowing heads off.

Disgusting.

how is this double barreled?

It's nice but not double barreled.

They would be an interesting concept if anyone knew about the bloody things.

they looked at "OL TIMEY SHOTGUNS" and thought that the hammers had firing pins attached to them.

its fucking Africa.
thats just hyper realistic atmosphere

Holy shit that's so fucking cool, I just finished the campaign but i realize now i've been playing like a bitch the entire game.

If you've ever played guitar you would be pretty impressed with what cobaine managed to do with his set of like 10 different power chords.

Funny how back during the early console days I viewed bungie as the devil now looking back it's not so bad.

What if it had… MORE Barrels

because chicks like it
only girls unironically like nirvana

because it gets rid of crack heads, meth heads and people high on angel dust

.357 and 10mm wont do that

original fallout was AC (armor class) + DT + DR
Armor class is how likely will an entity evade an attack with minimum of 1/20 a la table top
DT is how many damage points the entity ignores
DR is the percentage of damage knocked off after

damage was determined by a random number generator followed by the adjusted hit damage after taking into account the 3 variables, as such weak weapons can often not do any damage at all

Bethesda and their fuckery dumped everthing and created an armor system where its only DR,

obsidian brought it back, but due to them working near bethesda employees, the fucking morons put DR before DT, so any attack is slivered away by DR FIRST, then ignored by DT, not only that, they coded shotguns as each pellet being an attack (despite the fact its fucking hitscan anyhow) so now a shotgun blast is 7 attacks of 10 HP that get cut down by 25 DR right off the bat, so its really 8 attacks of 7 HP but now the entity has 15 DT, so it ignores it anyhow
instead of it being (70 - 15)*.75

I think you meant to reply to

All of this. Long-barreled one actually has some fucking range, and lets you shoot both at once if wanted.