Syndicate Reboot

I recently found that the PCGW had some essential fixes for this game and decided to give it another try after deeming it previously unplayable. After adding de-bloom and FOV mods, the game is actually pretty comfy and has reasonable, Starbreeze gunplay. All the guns sound meaty and devastating, you get some cyberpunk powers, and in general, it feels like one of the better atmospheric FPS games I've played aside from CY garbage. So people mostly shit on this game because EA ruined Syndicate by turning it into a FPS? Or are they just console-fags stuck with the unbearable problems that can't be modded out on PC?

Other urls found in this thread:

logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/1/Ad-Hominem-Abusive
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

From what I remember, that was mainly it.

I actually found the game to be pretty enjoyable, but I only played it on release and not recently, so I may be just remembering it kindly. And yeah what said.

I feel like Starbreeze in general is one of my favorite devs. Darkness 1 port to PC never ever

I remember this game having lens flare blasting on your face and being pretty mediocre and short

They used the engine from Escape from Butcher Bay in all their games, and it feels old

Nothing special about it, the World War levels were pretty shit

It makes the game into isometric squad-based action game with light economic strategy elements?

Got this game for €10 on the Xbox360 back in the day. Liked it well enough, story was surprisingly good. That's on account of the lore of the old 90s games when people still cared about writing a good background. Cliffhanger though.

The Syndicate IP deserves a full blown Deus Ex style RPG, but what can you do?

It is still a complete abomination to the Syndicate name.

But you're probably too young to recognize that.

Yes.
And no.

At first I thought that was it. Good gunfights, diversity of enemy, diversity of levels, ok story. Sure it has nothing to do with Syndicate save the background (which you know I don't see what the big deal is, sure it suck to not have a new Syndicate, but you're allowed to make different types of games in the same universe).

So i was fully enjoying myself but towards the end of the game I realize why people where calling this game shit.
You have a wallhack (which is already iffy but it's not so bad since it has limitation) BUT most weapons can actually shoot through walls…

I DISAGREE
You'd either be put in the shoes of some rebellious punk or rebellious rogue agent, either of which undermines the core principle that made Syndicate good - you ARE the evil corporation, not some goody two shoes white knight fighting muh system.
It's like suggesting first person RPG for Dungeon Keeper franchise. That will defeat the entire point.
I just want Satellite Reign that isn't half-assed shit.

I tried the original Bullfrog syndicate game, and I couldn't understand how to use the interface in a clever way. Like, the fights are clumsy, with me pressing left+right click at the same time so the characters get an IPA boost and they die.
And capturing enemy agents seems impossible.
Any good Internet help for this game?

Also, it seems that the lore explained in the end of the manual with all the corporations and such does not matter in the actual game (I got to Eastern Russia, so quite early in the game, but still).

You almost got me.
Syndicate 1 is golden and once you get it, it's really fun if simple game even today.

I kinda want an online Syndicate game where every player control a mega corporation and can fight eachother, infiltrate eachother or make alliances with eachother.

I wish there was a free roaming Syndicate game instead of doing it by missions.

Syndicate was fun for two reasons:

From that point on, it was all about going as FAST as possible, shooting as little as possible, and basically being an unstoppable kung-fu trenchcoat man.
The story is complete garbage, though.

No amount of modding is going to change the fact that its a shitty derivative FPS with dubstep soundtrack

Satellite Reign I despised it for this feature, but sounds like your jam.

Wouldn't work. Not with permanent world at least.

Can you manage your agents and have lots of soldiers? And brainwash people to make them work for you.

The only thing the open-world thing in Satellite Reign did wrong was that fuck all happened in it.
Besides finding another research here and there, there were no random events like some Yakuza types trying to mug you, random document inspections by the police or a shady dealer offering a prototype that is fake 67% of the times.
The best thing they did on that game was making a Commandos title in the future with good-looking explosives and lasers.
The assassin was my favourite, but the hacker coudl eventually control 3 giant mechs stomping around and that ended up trvializing the game. Pretty fun.
I'm still mad at the ending, holy fuck. I know it fits and couldn't end any other way but I still want someone shot for that FUCK YOU DAMNIT SHITFUCK

Sneaking around bases, killing shit and stealing crap earns XP to each agent, you spend those on skills
You got a large selection of weapons and equipment to install along with augmentations.
You only ever have 4 guys thought with predetermined roles.

Brain wahs people: you can hack someone with the Hacker and then click a button to send him back for cloning. You're meant to do this often and find good clone bodies with the help of the Support guy because everytime your dudes die, their clone degenerates and you'll eventually need a new clone. Capture high ranking dudes that give lots of bonus.

Unit managamenet in SR comes nowhere near the original Syndicate. And that says a lot considering how simplistic it is.

I just hated EVERYTHING about SR so much that I never bothered finishing it. Feel free to spoil me the ending, I don't give much fuck.

Sounds like you'd love it:
Satellites fall down, kill everyone, even your dudes, your organization got duped by MOTHER.
Get it? Satellite Reign = Satelite Rain? XDD lol so randumb.

Thank god I never bothered finishing it.

Did satellite reign run like total ass for anyone else?

Yes.
They actually had to remove some graphic effects in later builds so it could run at an acceptable frame rate on 980s and the like.

It's one of those games where somehow the highest graphics settings has the same exact performance as forcing 640x480 on all low.

no
(checked)
we're probably in the same age range. I got to play shareware DOOM when it was a thing. stop making shitty non-arguments based on conjecture

yea, been trying to limit that to only when I can't find the final enemy in an area due to the FOV mod kind of shrinking everything
I haven't exploited this…yet

sounds like it was too hard for babby. I've only heard the one Skrillex dubstep track (way early on) and I'm about 75% through the game. the majority of the soundtrack is ambient sci-fi and some heavy rock. you can turn off the msuic in the Audio settings, too. but you'd know that if you actually played the game instead of just regurgitating retarded opinions on the internet

Welcome to unity and incompetent yet overambitious devs.

This is exactly the type of thinking that got the so-called "games" industry into the mess it is. What we want is a Syndicate game, not some fucking FPS or RPG with a hundred million dollar budget.

Using phrases like "IP" and "lore" is cancer and is indicative of this really awful industry mindset. I can understand a 14 year old boy thinking it would be cool to turn Syndicate into an RPG but if you're any older then you need to really stop and think hard about just how fucking stupid you're being.

Says it all really.

It was a mediocre game overall with some good sections, obviously quite compromised by being a console game. If you deliberately choose not to use the powers/skills then it's a much better game. It wasn't as bad as some people made out but I totally get why anyone wouldn't want to bother with it. Why waste time with a mediocre game? A 6/10 game might as well be 0/10. Personally I pirated it because I was interested to see what they had done and it was good enough to play to the end. Most people probably wouldn't have bothered.

I played it on the hardest difficulty, its easy as shit and the bosses are shit.
Its exactly that and Skrillex shit is all over the place for the soundtrack to be ever good, hit reg is fucking awful and theres barely anything popping up on the models, theres only hitmarkers, so killing shit feels horrible despite the meaty sounding weapons with some half decent variety.

Fuck EA for trying to make this franchise into an FPS with none of what made it great, fuck em for almost killing Starbreeze, fuck EA for everything done before and after that, fuck EA in general.

What's wrong with that guy's face, it's like the eye sockets melted and migrated south like spring birds.

I didn't even bother playing the turd because I am not in the habit of stepping on turds I can see from a mile away.

well, at least you are honest that your opinions are worthless

are you the user above's gay lover, stepping in to defend his honor? this is the easiest way to determine neither of you actually played the game.
hahaha, no. come back when you've actually played it

He has Kallmann syndrome. His olfactory bulb is completely missing and one possible side effect of that is having a fucked up skull.

Says the guy who thinks this piece of shit is worth touching

Mmmm yeah considering we live in current year a game were you play as the "bad guy" is unfeasible.

What made Syndicate good was the universe, so an RPG would be exactly what I'd like to see. It won't happen though. The industry is going into the direction of multiplayer focused games.
And there is nothing that kills my enjoyment of a game faster than other gamers.

At least I lived through the golden age of vidya.

Keep them bitch tears coming up OP, E.Y.E was released one year earlier with close concepts and is 10 times better than this fucking turd.

Thanks for being cancer killing video games.

I really gotta replay E.Y.E for all endings someday.

You forgot to mention that EYE has a significantly smaller budget and still managed to outshine this overproduced garbage.

They're all variations of the same unfortunately, some decisions do change some levels though.
plus you need all 3 endings for the true ending

The final levels before each endinge change though.
My favourite is the Mentor ending where you go to that map filled with the Secreta bosses.
Though as nails to finish it, but the ambient is great.

Been playing games since 1998 so by your reasoning the patient takes an extraordinary length of time to expire.

But you are welcome nevertheless.

I remember buying it when it first came out and was also unplayable because of how shit the devs were. I guess there is a lot in common with Syndicate. also, that wasn't an ad hom, you retard. it's verbal abuse and not a logical fallacy

>>>/suicide/

It wasn't just that they turned it into an FPS, it's that it's a mediocre FPS with a shitty story and bad ending.

Get the fuck out.

thank you for demonstrating you are too retarded to take seriously

oh shit, missed you being retarded, too.
GO LEARN THE DIFFERENCE, YOU MONGOLOID FAGGOT

logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/1/Ad-Hominem-Abusive

You are the problem.

Agreed. We are posting with people who have literally identical mindsets to EA and Ubisoft execs.

you've already been filtered, so I can't see what retardation you're currently spouting. but please do continue to
STAY ASSMAD

This reeks of good old fashioned butthurt.

Not an argument

kek

(You)

there are just a bunch of faggots ITT that want spoonfed on proper argument rules, but this ain't >>>/Tumblr/

How do you get so salty about someone not liking a videogame?

Because he knows the game is shit and came here seeking validation.

open wide, anons - here comes da airpwane. did you completely miss where niggerbrain committed the fallacy fallacy? OP was not saying user was wrong because he and the other user were gay lovers. he said they were wrong because the soundtrack isn't all dubstep - and then added verbal abuse. then both morons derailed because they incorrectly conflated the two concepts, acting like over-emotional Tumblrite bitches.

The problem of mankind in a nutshell.

I'd agree, shit like the chronicles of reddick was pretty good, but at the same time, they own (((overkill))) now, so i don't know.

Kind of unfair to the devs.
Got an order from EA to make a syndicate reboot shooter, they make it quite good and it everyone hates it because of its theme and the dev gets punished

that doesnt make it a better or a worse game.
It might make it more dissapointing, but not worse.

Wasn't there a tranny main character in syndicate, or am i thinking of ass creed syndicate.

Pretty sure you're thinking of asscreed.

It was unity?
That explains the lighting. What is it with that engine and that one specific type of neon lighting. I'd like to call it an overabundance bloom but I'm not entirely sure it is bloom.

nice ID. pretty much why I made the thread after finding out the Skrillex advert song was only in the first level

looking at the Steam reviews, there hasn't been a major review bomb since Starbreeze acquired Overkill. Is there something I'm missing, other than Overkill's previous jewery?

Liberal Crime Squad is pretty close. It's a text game, though with a sour concept because of 2016.

I just finished the game. Final thoughts: not bad, but not great. a 7/10 game, but I enjoyed it. The final boss was a piece of shit, but makes sense within the context of the world automated defenses ftw. I generally appreciated how the game introduced the big weapons, made you feel like a badass, and then within the next level or two, the boss would have that weapon; leading to an 'oh shit' moment. The ending, as others have mentioned, is pretty awful. I'm guessing partially because EA stuck their hands in it, as likely with hiring Skrillex for the theme remix. Since the game underperformed and likely won't get a sequel, I'll just assume "nobody fucks with this executive!" is the true ending and Kilo is just a cog in the syndicate machine. Embed related was maybe my favorite tune from the game not dubstep. actually, not a lot of dubstep overall despite other anons bitching. they must not know what techno ,in general, sounds like