Things that have literally never been done before

after the credits roll, taking a long time as every employee as insignificant as the intern who served coffee at the French and Belgian branches of the publisher gets a credit, a hidden passage inexplicably opens up, letting you continue the game.

pic related is what comes to mind when I think of this idea except you can't use your hookshot to escape from your prison cell when you get caught.

That sounds utterly retarded and I'm 95% sure from your post that you have autism.

If Link had never escaped he would have drowned in Gerudo pussy

Kinda happened in BG2 to me

There was a castle where you would get ambushed if you tried to escape. Inside the castle you could not rest so as you delved deeper you ran out of spells and other supplies and due to it's length autosave updated. Imagine trying to get back out when you were exhausted to only get ambushed and realise you had no save before. GG caught in a dead trap.

Nier likes to fuck you about like that.

You mean locational death cutscenes? Tons of games have them.

There was a game on the Xbox Live indie list called the pit. You press start and you hear a faint scream and all you see is a black screen that’s it.

That's hilarious.

It's hard to do right and your way is stupid, if the credits stay rolling you can use it for comedic effect by fourth wall (Donkey Kong did this) breaking but anything else is retarded. Your method doesn't even give the player a hint at what to do.

Best time I've seen a game want you to leave it running is an old man in Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne who you need to let you open a door. He tells you young people shouldn't be in such a hurry all the time and askes if you agree. If you mash through his textbox and agree he accuses you of not listening to him, and if you say no he just stops talking. You have to leave the game running for 5 minutes on the dialogue window with the answer choice box and answer yes and he let's you through.

That seems like a bad design to me

The game has a bunch of joke endings
The quest line didn't require you to eat the fish btw, it was just a reward for clearing a segment.

Why does link have sharingan

Ah okay, I thought eating the thing which kills you was the objective

AND that game is cancelled as soon as some journo faggot or tester cant

It just goes through the credits, gives you an ending (K I believe), then dumps you back at your last save, same as any other death.

Nah, the feature is removed in beta due to some journalist sucking enough dick to get on the beta testing team.

That's because it is. An unfunny joke to pad out the number of endings. You know, because fuck Drakengard and making five tight endings in which you increasingly desperate in trying to save the world only to make everything worse. Gotta make it META.

You know that a lot of retards thought Portal ended in the fire pit and didn't continue to Glados or the cake

Communism

The only thing I can think of is there's a bit in Amneisa: The Dark Descent where you get locked in a prison cell near the end of the game. If you don't solve the puzzle and escape the cell after a few minutes the Shadow finds you and kills you and it gives you the same end credits as the regular Bad Ending (since it's functionally the same outcome just without you confronting Alexander).

It's stupid and it would take 5 minutes until it's out on the internet for every idiot to look up and then to play the game they have to sit through a shitty credits-roll that nobody in the history of video games cared to look at.

Space Quest games love the 'you die from starvation because you locked yourself in a closet' endings.

Isn't this copypasta?

Well, I know in the America's Army game if you fuck around and friendly fire, the screen fades to black and you're in prison. No game over screen or anything, you just stay in prison until you quit the game.

Justine had a similar thing where you seemingly ended up in a room where the walls closed in to crush you. The game would present the entire thing as if it were a physics puzzle, but you can't actually stop the walls - they do it by themselves mere moments before you would expect the death screen to pop up.

I actually restarted that segment two or three times because I thought I was just overlooking something

I've never seen an actually good boss fight in a first-person shooter before.

Get the fuck out.