doomworld.com/forum/topic/97787-void-and-rainbow/
doomgod.com/wads/iwads/
mediafire.com/file/cdjyga76v6ifdse/GoldenSouls2_Demo3.pk3
dropbox.com/s/813vgo5bh9sl3qw/TouhouDoomUntitledEpisode3E.pk3?dl=1
mab.greyserv.net/f/FinalDoomer_v2.0.pk3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

SgtMarkIV is that you

Fuck off.

Neat, can't wait for Project Brutality 3.0 as well.

Nothing wrong with BD
Only the redditors who pretend like its anything near the vanilla experience.

Sweet shit. Thanks for this, OP.

PB 3.0 is already out
Or am I wrong?

Well that looks so much better than Brutal Doom.

That's because it's still Brutal Doom.

It's only the test build so far. Latest release was on the first of October.
drive.google.com/open?id=0B2WerD5rQUV-OUh3SzJKQXZVdGc

FUCK OFF MARK

He's referring to Mark the Hue, not Mark the Jew.

>(((Doomworld))) shills trying to tarnish SgtMarkIV's good name again
I hope you guys don't fall for this.

Brutal Doom is a plague on the Doom modding scene.

Thats the joke

Oh no, not this ebin ironic fucker again

Nah

You had one fucking job if you wanted my to try this shit

No link on OP, you missed your chance faggot, im Out

I'll wait for PB 3.0, thanks.

Every new update is just more of the same. The whole appeal of the mod has gotten stale and these updates aren't going to change that.

>>>/reddit/

Doom Thread, any other mods or maps that have come out recently that's worth a try?

Brutal Doom: Hell on Earth is unironically my favourite Doom wad.

Legitimate question:
Is there a decent Traditional mode?

Brutal Doom 64's Traditional mode is my favourite gameplay mod for Doom because it keeps everything as close to vanilla Doom as possible but just makes the game feel a lot better with the weapon changes and replacing hitscan with fast-moving projectiles.

user, mom said we can use your computer to play Brutal Doom!

Except that both PB or Meta are entirely better?

They are, but the basis for PB was BD
Thats not even related, plenty of mods are better than Brutal Doom.
Brutal Doom simply got journo attention for some reason and Redditors slurp Marks cock.
Mark hates these faggots however and NuDoom as well despite being a Brazilion drama producing queer that steals assets.

Hell fucking no, I hated that shit. Project Brutality is admittedly way better though.

L M A O

Honestly I mostly play vanilla in DOSBox with GUS patches while waiting for the Kex2 engine guys to get Blood going, or some updates to Doom64 EX however that would work in the new engine.

I like using Smooth Doom and Ketchup just to update it a tiny bit but still making it pure vanilla gameplay.

Not as bad as 8BDM.

(checked)
I admit, that looks fun as hell. I don't entirely get the BD hate, but then again I don't rally follow the doom community.

It's usually one of two things:
1. He used some assets without giving credit.
2. Normalfags like Brutal Doom.

also Mark is a cunt apparently

Nice picture of a has-been currently leashed to Fuckerberg.

back to neogaf kiddo

But everybody does that

Soros is a saint, going by that logic.

He used nigger in one of his mod files, so the reddit/gaf userbase of doom threw an absolute shitfit against him

Soros is a Jew. Its almost as if you don't really know what logic is?

I think there is. What you do is load up original doom (or doom 2) and load up "ketchup test" mod. The mod's only job is to add a bit more gore.

user Soros is the quintessential Talmudic (((Jew))). The only people more Jewish then Soros would be the Rothschild family. Also that lazy jpg is an affront to memetics.

Zuz. Keep sucking Mark's cock.

You don't like Chocolate Doom? I play it whenever I want to play vanilla.

doomworld.com/forum/topic/97787-void-and-rainbow/
This shit's rad as fuck.

Where do you live, on fucking Phobos?

I used to get bored of BD pretty quick, because it seemed like SgtMarkIV didn't fully grasp the idea of polishing the gameplay mechanics he puts in, but it seems that he has actually improved over time. You can tell he is learning by the little milestones, like compensating for putting more hitscan weapons in the game by not making them hitscan at all, so you can actually dodge bullets when you see former humans shoot at you. It used to be that I'd just play some BD-fork such as Project Brutality or years ago, BDSE, but it looks like this version might be a worthwhile mod for playing in its own right instead of just a source of inspiration for other modders.

He is a cunt by Reddit and ZDoom message board standards. Oh, and I think he used a couple of weapon sprites from some other mod one time without mentioning it. I hate to say this, but most of his old posts that got him banned from the larger ZDoom modding communities are rather similar to posts you'd see on these boards. I mostly consider him a pretty amusing little BR.

I'm actually having a blast playing BDv21 on Purist mode.

Not being able to switch to the Rocket Launcher is some shit, though. This better get fixed quick or I'm gonna hit a brick wall in this wad.

I think that what is happening is that he is starting to rip off more and more of PB though.

What the fuck happened to the internet.

Modders are completely autistic whiners that love to start drama over fucking nothing. BD is fun, it lets me use a shotgun with slugs, and now he added an autoshotgun, so the guy is more than okay in my book.

That's Project Brutality, faggot.

That's what I'm saying, he's adding weapon categories straight up from PB with the autoshotgun, the pistol, the SMG and the HMG.

So from a guy who hasn't played BD should I consider the hate not an argument? Cuz this shit looks insanely fun.

The only people mad about the mod are the purists so autistic they can't grasp the fact that BD is a mod and they don't need to play it. Just go and try it, it's fun as fuck.

Its not an argument, its all drama
I remember a couple of autists here who started railing on Terminus, the guy who made Demonsteele and a shitton of other too tier wads, because of some drama faggotry completely unrelated to the wads.

Mark is a cunt but a cunt with taste
Theres literally nothing wrong with BD aside from Journos pretending its just like vanilla an redditors taking it face value and flooding Doomworld.

Play Doom vanilla, enjoy the mod, use it as an entry point for other great Doom wads.

The mod itself isn't bad, aside from some balance issues. The mods that have branched from it (sperglord edition, project brutality, johnny doom) tend to be better. Now, Brutal Doom 64 has a bunch of issues, but its a separate mod.

Let's just forget it brought a bunch of retards into the modding community. Let's just forget that Mark used other modder's assets without crediting them, had to be figuratively dragged kicking and screaming into crediting them, and makes sure his name is front and center while trying to downplay everyone else involved with his mod. Let's just forget it blatantly influenced how nuDoom ended up. It's totally just purists upset that BD is different, even though the same people have no problem with mods like Russian Overkill, Demonsteele, and Meta Doom.

Perhaps, I haven't played the newer versions of PB in a while. The thing most people don't realize is that being a good creative usually just means ripping off from the right people in the right ways. Eventually you rip off so many people that your style becomes unique, based on the exact body of people that you ripped off. That's the way I think about it, anyways.

If modders are such shrinking violets they can't tell retards that want them to make their wads BD friendly to fuck off they have only themselves to blame. It's not BD's fault it's popular.

Just look at all the fucks I give about mod community drama.

What exactly were you expecting from nuDoom?

Go screech at someone who gives a shit about petty internet drama between autists with inflated egos.

I don't play Brutal Doom by constantly doing execution animations and getting free health and ammo. The bad parts of nuDoom are still that it's a Bethshit game, not that it ripped off BD.

This easter egg made me laugh. This mod isn't too bad so far, although the music is mediocre.

giving credit when you use someone else's assets just seems like common sense

As a end user I could give less of a shit. Modding communities are full of big egos and constant drama over nothing. I don't care how the sausage gets made so long as I get to eat it.

My friend, if Stalin wrote the best Doom mod in the world, I would play it with no regrets. The content of the man's character ultimately has no real bearing on the quality of the mod.

But as an end user, I do give a shit, because knowing who worked on what can point me to other mods those people worked on. It also interests me as a modder, as it helps me find resources I can use to make up for development areas I lack, such as art. The free sharing of resources, plus appropriate crediting of those resources, does nothing but good for the modding community as a whole. Mark was being a huge parasite,

Remember that the next time you end up eating a sausage full of disease.

How do I install this shit

Yeah, most of the remixes are kind of meh at best.
Thankfully they're really easy to replace.

Yeah, you're one of those cucks that can't stop whining about this shit. I would care more if modders didn't act like petulant children every fucking second and if they didn't cultivate a personality cult where everyone has to suck their cocks. I like what they make, but I sure as fuck have no respect for them as people.

I quite like BD so your analogy is shit.

If I could mod, I would be making one, not sitting here in a Doom thread about almost nothing.

I use Doom Explorer to make things a little easier. You put in the path for your GZDoom installation, then you can add all the WAD or PK3 files you want to load on the launch screen and launch the game. That way you can set up whatever folder structure you want and prevent it from being a total mess. Otherwise it's pretty simple, you need DOOM2.WAD which is all of the official content for Doom 2, an installation of GZDoom, and the mod files, if any.

Assuming that is, you want to play all the crazy mods and not purist Doom, in which case you might be best served using a different source port.

What is "hypothetical" relating to? You wanting to be a modder or BD becoming shit down the line without me being aware of it? Because if it's about your future as a modder you worded it poorly. If it's about BD doing some damage to my soul I'm not worried about that, so your analogy is shit.

Figured it out before hand, thanks anyway. Quick, recommend me some music before I use D44M's

Reminds me of this.

The modding community was plenty retarded already. Any examples instead of being vague?

Who the fuck cares about this? It's mods made to be given away for free to anyone who downloads it. This is just modders being attention whoring faggots.

Oh no, optional cinematic kills, how horrible.

They don't have a problem with any of those because none of them are as popular as Brutal Doom. They want BDs spotlight on their shitty mod instead.

How do you steal free shit exactly?

Reminds me of this.

BD is fun, PB is even more fun. Some Doom fans are just autistic purists even though i agree some features of BD are tacky.

It's just drama. BD purists are kind of faggy but you don't really see them at all on Holla Forums. If you like a mod, you like a mod; and Doom is great and I hope you have a lot of fun playing that mod. I prefer not to get embroiled in drama but I just really like Doom and it has a very big place in my heart, even if I haven't exactly played it recently. I still have a lot more mods to try out.

If the content of the man's mod is literally the content of others does it have a bearing on the quality of the man's character?

I think people have just kept BD under a magnifying glass after Sgt Mark kind of became the Shadman of the Doom community. It's a free mod so I can't really get too upset over stolen assets. I don't play BD that much at all, or, hell, I haven't touched it in years because I usually just go for Project Brutality, but if someone enjoys it I think that's cool. I just hope they give vanilla Doom a solid playthrough and understand what makes it special instead of insisting that BD is the only way to play the game, but even then I've never really run into many of those people. Part of me feels getting upset at others over taste is kind of dumb, too, so really I guess I don't care much either way.

Holy fuck, where has this been my entire life?

Smooth Doom > BrutallyOverraredAsFuck Doom

Shut the fuck up. The entire fucking doom modding community is built on stolen assets. 99% of "custom" content in mods is stolen from other DOS games, and only when this loser does it or the content being stolen comes from a different doom game do any of the goonworld faggots cry about it.

Trump is a kike, no matter how much you pretend he's not.

he deserves to be hated. You're Holla Forums and Holla Forums is ALWAYS WRONG

What success? he makes no real money off this and he's hated. Fuck this stupid bitch. I hope he gets inoperable cancer, for being a shit human being AND making a crap buggy mod that contributed nothing.

>>>Holla Forums

What bug crawled up Holla Forums's ass recently that made them decide leaving their containment board was a good idea

November 4th flopped. :^)

Please don't call them id Software. Call them what they are: ZeniMax Media Inc.

he has a patreon though I'm pretty sure

I can't even do it without getting my ass full of demon fist, granted I play on highest possible difficulty which basically makes it impossible to survive an ambush, which is precisely the kind of situation you wind up with if you do a glorykill. I can't even really do rip'n'tear for the same reason - if you try to walk up to a monster there's a very good chance it'll bite your face off instantly, without even giving you a chance to attack.

Explain.

You have to play on easy for 5 hp to make any difference. If you play on hard pretty much all attacks do way more than 100 hp damage except rifle bullets which only do like 40 but in packs of 3, shotgun pellets do less but come in bigger packs too, also totalling at much more than 100 hp damage if they connect.

When the hell was that added? The only thing that comes close to that is Project Brutality.

When Cuckenstein II came out, there was another thread that brought up Brutal Wolfenstein v4.5 and Spear of Destiny. So far, I'm loving replaying them with the added features.

Is it actually any good?
push off political criticism

you know, the gunplay actually looks pretty good. if the cutscenes are skippable, I was planning on giving it a pirate

I heard that in Wolf 2, you can actually play Wolf 3D in the game itself. But you get to play as Nazis or some shit

correct

Funny how a minigame is more fun to play than the actual game.

NOW that's the kind of movement and flow of gameplay I wished Wolf 3D had.

I know i know. It was all a wish.

Who's the end boss? Mecha-Stalin?

Mecha-Blazkowicz, of courseit would have been funnier if it was Mecha-Negress, tho

OOHGA BOOHGA BOOHGA IM COMING FOR YOU!

So someone made "Brutal" Half-Life. Its a big let down.

I've actually played the mod myself. Take it for what you will.

The whole mod is basically adding gore.

That's it. Oh, there's also an extra map you can play under "Training Mode."

the 'brutal' effect seems to be lost on games that started out with full 3D. also, it's arguably been a long while since I played HL1, but it doesn't look like the gore has been upped all that much from vanilla.

count me in

It was okayish, the gore looked pretty nice, although I wouldn't have thought Half-Life to be a game for a "brutal" mod.

communities are rarely worth following, especially when theyre full of proud autists. just play what looks fun and live as the wind does

nuDoom managed to be more cancerous tha BD, maybe the devs just took inspiration and went "x10" of it to make it marketable.

Led's Generic Weapons Mod/Weapons of Saturn
+
Colourful Hell
+
Droplets
BD

8bdm isn't doom. its not even trying to be. how does it have any effect on doom

Zandronum is nothing but 8BDM.

this. glory kills are in no way mandatory. someone wanna explain why its even a problem?

The only reason any doesn't like Brutal Doom is because Sgt. Mark IV told some faggot to kill himself onliine and he actually did it. If you don't even know why Brutal Doom has critics at all, you don't belong here.

From what I have gathered, NuDoom's enemies can sometimes go into a dazed state instead of dying when damaged enough to indicate that you can glory kill them. Instead of dying off when the dazed state wears off, they go back to normal as if nothing happened, meaning you have to spend more ammo to kill them. Coupled with the fact that NuDoom's level design has shit item placement and that even its basic enemies are bullet sponges on their own, you run out of ammo too soon if you attempt to do a no-glory kill run. Also doesn't help that the chainsaw is an glory kill that restores ammo.

The newfag here is you.

What if you combined the DIO mod and the brutal doom mod?

i want to titfuck miranda

The same results as combining any weapons mod with Brutal Doom monsters only.

This, pretty much.

same

They are: you either finish off enemies with that 1 melee move, or unload 50 more ammo into them while they're staggered. Eventually you will run out of ammo, forcing you to melee the monster to death, therefore activating a glory kill. Absolutely idiotic.

This, plus that kinda awful exploration aspect to it.

Woah woah woah WHAT?

Play DIO with a mod called "Ketchup" and you'll know.

Anyone have any criticisms of this mod? Not a big fan of the ammo drop menu being part of the weapon list, and you can't un-dual wield until you switch to another weapon.

anybody know how to get the core files since don't use link shorteners.com/doomiwads went down?

Anyone know a good megawad that doesn't depend entirely on cheap gimmicks to be difficult?

doomgod.com/wads/iwads/

Is that Shane Dawson?

Oh god, I have read that PhD on the social funtion of humor and it basically resumes in "please don't have fun because if not those ebul nazis will increase their power" both the one that write it and anyone that thinks that it has any scientific value is a huge faggot

Cheers mate!

Memento Mori
Memento Mori 2
Hell on Earth Starter Pack

what?

who is this faggot anyway?

Im at 20 something chapter if im not mistaken and i haven't seen anything resembling a "ammo/health pinata. Explain please."

BTSX Ep.1 usually doesn't pull any dirty tricks, it's all just really good architecture.
Could also recommend Scythe 1 and Moonblood.
Play them on vanilla or with a better weapons mod, brutal doom isn't really designed for anything above TNT Evilution-levels of difficulty.

Not any more.

No.

Faggle? He's a yuge part of the doomworld community, very long time member, made some (shitty, barely used) source port like EDGE or something.

Again, the newfag here is you.

nudoom was fucked from inception bud
aren't cinematic kills in BD optional anyway? you can just lay into them with the fists

Cinematic kills are practically optional in Brutal Doom; you can even switch them on and off on the fly by reloading while having your fists active. Although, Brutal Doom does offer another similar mechanic called cruelty bonuses, which reward you with health by shooting monsters in a specific way. It's not as intrusive as cinematic kills due to how monster deaths work in Brutal Doom, so it's usually unnoticed in actual gameplay, especially when you unload a chaingun to a hoard of zombies and demons and you find yourself with more health than before.

Drag and drop doesn't let you order wads, or setup the actual starting scripts that CMD can for certain settings like starting on X map with Y difficulty setting as Z playerclass in a different IWAD than the ones listed by ZDoom Like for example, Freedoom or Harmony while recording an .imp demo of your playthrough attempt. While everything is organized on different directories and drives which can't interface well with a drag&drop approach.

That said, both drag&drop and pure CMD are retarded, use a frontend that allows command-line inputs like ZDL instead you faggots.

But does it have glory kills?

BD system is less intrusive overall and didnt have the retard ammo piñatas to refill the all weapons, at least BD kept the drops and drop chance like vanilla while just adding the the new ones to the table for specific demons.
nuDOOM is all about style and no substance and no chance to mod it, but at least theres some wads to simulate a unfucked nuDOOM on Doom.

Haven't found any yet. All of the nuDoom mods that I know have the glory kill shit.

Daily reminder that Doomworld forums are socjus cancer and have an ongoing jihad against Brutal Doom because it's made by pollacks.

Yes, but only if you kill monsters with your bare fists.

and with the berserker pack

>>>/out/

You mean Brutalized Doom.

brutal doom is for babies
play a REAL doom mod

That reminds me. When is the next update for Final Doomer going to come out?

The first half-life has a little feature where a scientist's face has a 10% chance to fly directly into your face when their head explodes. At any distance.
Low poly also adds a surreal quality and avoids the uncanny valley while allowing you to use your imagination to figure out what the fuck you're looking at, at all times. High definition stuff doesn't have those perks.

Half Life is full of those tiny unnoticeable details. Speaking of which, has there ever been a Doom wad that replicates video related?

Did that fucking kike even test this shit before he uploaded it? This is fucking elementary level shit, Mark, you fucking nigger.

Even Call of duty is more hardcore than old Doom

Were you using the releasd version of Zandronum 3.0?

He's using 3.0 judging by the banner at the top

Hell that looks like a normal level in Soldier of Fortune.

Brutal Doom Sperglord Edition

Project Brutality Mutators

Project Brutality

Brutal Doom

This is an official ranking and placement is non-negotiable.

holy fuck, this place is getting more shit by the day

too bad MarphitimusBlackimus is serverly autistic

Third demo's here:
mediafire.com/file/cdjyga76v6ifdse/GoldenSouls2_Demo3.pk3

Stop being homophobic. Homosexuality is the only thing that holds Doom Cummunity together.

What?

No one fears you faggots; we hate you. Learn the difference you nigger.

Oy Vey I forgot to take my schlomo pills today.
So which one are you in ZDiscord?

Spencer please leave.

Who?

Shitty OP tbh

quality

by not crediting the original works, using them without permission, or straight up saying "I made this." when you didn't.

h-heheh… y-yeah

Dicky Spencer, the alt-right CIA plant.

Doesn't matter, not necessary. They made it for free to share for everyone. Not theft.

No permission needed for free mods, not theft.

He did in fact make Brutal Doom, it's a factual statement. Also that would just be him lying instead of stealing.

If actual theft did occur, why did no one think to sue him or get the police involved?

That's not theft, it's just being a bit of an asshole.
That's also not theft, that's just being a very large asshole. There's also-legally, the concept of a transformative work so if what you mean to say is that Mark didn't "make" Brutal Doom you're even wrong on that. He is an asshole though.

No he's probably using GZDoom ver. 3 something.

I got that error too. That's why I stopped playing BD altogether.

Fuck off. I had a wad play out with no textures because I didn't load the required texture pack before the wad.

So click on the required texture pack, then the wad, then whatever other bullshit, and drag from the required texture mod pack first.
Not hard, faggot.

Bumping with a Touhou Doom wad
dropbox.com/s/813vgo5bh9sl3qw/TouhouDoomUntitledEpisode3E.pk3?dl=1

It's not rocket science to make a simple .bat either. Do you have brain damage?

Also Sperglord Edition could have been good but there is a lot of shit that turns me off. Your guns for example deal some kind of AoE damage over time so it's very common to have an enemy head exploding some time after you shot him in the chest or leg, and then have the guy on his side die too. Monsters also seem to die randomly without any action on your part. Playing Hellbound there were various instances where the monsters spawned dead already.

He's posting an image of a commie so yeah he has brain damage.

Not to mention your guns are very powerful and feel very nice but the enemies power doesn't scale with them. Even on Man and a Half where they dish 50% more damage the mod is very very easy.

heh

Doomworld socjus shill REEEEEEE

Okay, one is obviously Arnold, second is die hard guy, but who's the third supposed to be?

He works at RWS he he he

MUH CREDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT
t. doom modders that steal all their custom resources from other DOS games and realm667 pack

It should be out next week last I heard.

Also, I'm playing Doom on Linux, and don't know a good wad manager for it. Any suggestions?

bump

Speaking of Doom mods, has anyone tried Skulldash?

bump
will sperglord edition ever be updated?

Probably not, unfortunately.

It's really fun stuff. Playing it upped my doom IQ by five points.

So, since this is the only Doom thread I see… I've been wanting to play Doom on my Android phone because there's not a lot fun to do with this. What should I use to rip and tear on the go?

Kill yourself
I heard that Doom Touch or D-Touch is able to emulate the GZDoom, PrBoom, and Chocolate Doom source ports on Android, so use that if you are interested.

I'll look into it, thanks.

check'd!

First time I saw anyone complain about Brutal Doom at all was because Sgt. Mark IV told some faggot to kill himself and the fag actually did it. I didn't see it for myself though. There was also buzz about him using pictures of actual gore for the gibs in Brutal Doom. Sounds like a bunch of posers who shouldn't be playing Doom vanilla or not.

Since this is the designated Doom thread, does anyone have some cool new .wads for me to try out? Also, is it possible to combine .wads? I want to play as moonman/ben garrison/hitler on fan made maps this time.

Hey look Final Doomer updated
mab.greyserv.net/f/FinalDoomer_v2.0.pk3

of courshe

Yes, easily.
All you need to do is load up both the mods and the maps into the engine at the same time.
Hold ctrl, click both, and drag onto the .exe. Or use a launcher.

bump

SgtMarkIV, is that you

(((Doomworld)))

is this the new unregistered hypercam 2 meme?

Did you use the right version of GZDoom? BDSE uses GZDoom 1.8.02. One time I forget to change it back to that and my shotgun turned into the cerebral bore. It stops being amusing after the 10th time you see a zombie die from a single pellet causing DOT.

There was a "fixed actors" file that the guy posted outside of the main post so I didn't see that one. It seemed to fix it even though I'm using GZDoom 3.3. Unfortunately it also added dodging that can't be toggled off.
I'm always dying from accidentaly dodging behind a wall and blowing my own head off with the rocket launcher now

True subhuman being

SHIT OP
ABSOLUTELY REPORTED
FUCK YOUR MEMEWAD

Brutal Doom is pretty gr8 tbh

You sound mad, (((Doomworld))) shill

Stop bumping your own thread, SgtMkIV.

This is the only Doom thread on the catalog, faggot.