Play a warrior

How did they do it, Holla Forums? What other games are like this?
Don't say Dishonored.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Spell_Effects
moddb.com/games/dark-messiah-of-might-magic/downloads/dark-messiah-might-and-magic-sdk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bretty fun until you get overpowered and don't have to dick and run around to defeat numerous enemies like in the early stages

Dark Souls 3

autism

I did

diablo 1 lel

You reveal yourself all too easily, succubus.

does this count?

You're thinking of someone else.

I don't know, maybe if you stretched it? Personally, I'd say no, it's not really different or open enough.

All of them could kick.

The problem with Dark Souls is that magic will never be balanced, it was completely unbalanced in 1&2 especially with hexes, and in 3 magic was just awful.
Honestly the magic (or arcane items to be exact) hit the sweet spot in Bloodborne for being fun and balanced to use despite being awkwardly placed in the item slots.

I'd kill for something like this to be made in CURRENT_YEAR. Hell I'd kill for a remastered version. I had so much goddamn fun playing that game when it came out and it's still a blast all these years later. Really captured a bit of lightning in a bottle with that one.

the worst pure class in the game

this or PoE

I may get some flak for this, but fuck it.
Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion

In Morrowind, warrior and mage were great but thief was shitty.
In Skyrim, warrior and thief were great but mage was shitty.
Oblivion, for all its flaws, was the only one of the three games that could boast a level playing field between all three categories.

Being a stealth character in Morrowind requires the use of illusion magic or potions, which is realistic, at the expense of non-magic stealth playthroughs.

I like the different spell effects. Morrowind was fun because you could do self limits and make spells with drawbacks. Alteration was just broken. Oblivion had Illusion be broken too.

You know what every fucking school in Morrowind was broken if you did obscene things with it

You are talking pure nonsense user. Playing a thief in MW was incredibly satisfying. I agree with you about Oblivion and Skyrim though.

It's fun as hell to kick people at first. It really adds a layer of depth which rewards positioning and situational awareness. But I always thought the meat of the combat itself (hitting each other with swords), just feels clumsy and random. And then they throw this shield at you that will stun any enemy who hits it, pretty much making you invincible. I still thought it was worth playing just for kicks.

In Oblivion I'd select major skills I wouldn't use often so I wouldn't level up like crazy, getting a ton of health sponge enemies on my ass. It's mostly a pretty lousy game except for the alchemy, magic customization and the world design because the towns and forests are comfy as fuck.

Every vocation in Dragon's Dogma is fun. The pure warrior vocation is a bit gimped compared to the rest since it has fewer skill slots (iirc, haven't played in quite a while) for some reason, but it's still a lot of fun to use.

That's why only plebs hate Morrowind. The magic was too deep and fun to not love.

Maybe I just wasn't a good thief then. Probably because I tried to use the bow, and I fucking hate the bow in Morrowind.

They really were.

Sadly I don't know of any. You might try Arx Fatalis though. You might like it as well. I did.

Anyone got the other webm? You know the one. Everyone gets kicked.

en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Spell_Effects
Just lookit all those fun effects

Even to this day, it still blows me away that Bethesda was ever capable of that level of quality.

I actually bought a set of the 3 core 2e AD&D books because they have a very distinct feeling to them, compared to 3.5 or Pathfinder

Man the even I don't know what the fuck I'm doing class was fun in Oblivion.

As if you wouldn't have the almighty kick to your disposal from the start.

Sure.

It's fun

fuck you I beat it twice

>ubisoft banned arkane from publicly releasing the sdk

The SDK was released though
countless years later fuck Ubikike
moddb.com/games/dark-messiah-of-might-magic/downloads/dark-messiah-might-and-magic-sdk

20/10 wordplay, would lel again

Nope, those are just resources for Hammer, a map editor, and copies of the game's maps and models. Admittedly that's something Valve never did with Half-Life 2 - to this day we still don't have copies of the maps for Half-Life 2 (… unless they've been leaked, which they probably have, now that I think about it), but then Half-Life 2 got an actual SDK release whereas this is all we've got for Dark Messiah.

Fun fact "La Xana" is a part of the Celtic mythology coming from the Astyrs. Related to the Xacaras cycle.

A game coming out this November, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, has a slower paced form of combat that reminds me of Dark Messiah. Once it comes out I'll pirate it and see if it's good or not.

lel

Dishonored 2.

The game gets much harder later, what are you talking about? Seriously those things when you return back to the city will kill you in 2 hits. I forget what they were. Ghouls?

Yeah Ghouls, since the kicking is gimped you can't cheese it and have to actually act fast and be tactical and the Ghouls are just the beginning Vampires makes those thugs you fight in the beginning of the game and the Orcs look easy they're much more aggressive and have a long reach and they're also fast.

Oblivion still did it way better with castles that you could sneak into. In all the elderscrolls games thieves where basically warriors with a critical hit. Even the morang tong was more of a duelist guild than assassin one considering half your targets are waiting for you.

No the class was shit in that game. It was shit in all elder scrolls games because it's just the D&D style thief where you get bonus damage on your first hit then turn into boxers. Even then D&D let you set traps and had OP feats like death attack and hide in plain site to make up for it. The only thing Oblivion had over it was a better thieves guild and an assassins guild that had an alternate way to oneshot your target.

In Dark Messiah the Thief was good because you could oneshot everything and had environmental kills. You'll never have anything like this in a bethescuck game that isn't contextual, so Thieves will always be garbage.

Almost every single Ghoul encounter has some sort of trap you can kick them into that's always a oneshot.

They tried to do something like the traditional mage casting magic missile and its not just unbalanced but boring as fuck. Bloodborne's focus on melee helped it there since even magic was very short ranged, iirc.

In bloodborne it suffers from the same problem as most of the weapons do: being unavailable for a significant portion of the game.

I don't remember any hunter tools being easy to get to in the old hunters either, unlike new and interesting weapons.

Once you get the lightning shield and an elemental sword the game becomes easymode. Ghouls were pretty lethal and before that point, but by then you'd be the connoisseur of kicking into death.

I'm on my 3rd run and it's incredible.
Started with a pure sorcerer, fucking huge AOE spells.
The next one was a magick archer, holy fuck is that class fun with the ricochetting bolts.
And now i'm with the mystic knight, which i feel it needs a lot more slots for skills because all of them sound incredible (party weapon enchantment, elemental riposting, magick cannon that can be infused with elemental magick).

I also tried the assassin to boost up a bit of STR, and that class is fucking fantastic to go solo. Warrior to boost up DEF, and it's an okay class, gotta love jump-slashing a weapon as big as yourself.
Now i want to also try the ranger class to spam arrows and impale enemies.

I'm convinced you didn't play the harder difficulties, the HP increases makes it so that the lightning shield's stun is it's best point since the damage done by the shield and the elemental weapons don't really cut it anymore. At the hardest difficulty you're going to need to be able to decapitate your enemies on a regular basis as a warrior or you're going to be in for a very painful and drawn out ride.

Positive I played on hardest, was tough and enemies were health spongey at first, but by that point I could make short work of them without kicking shenanigans.

I pretty much just ran with 3 spells.
>Summon for 30 seconds + 60 seconds invisibility
You kinda need to reach 50 in Illusion to kick this off but once you get these three spells, everything just kills everything else while you watch.
Early levels I just entered every dungeon I could find, and sneaked around stealing everything then running like a maniac once I was spotted. Then you go to a merchant, melt everything you stole into septimes and invest it in Illusion training. With good race/class selection you can start the game with 40 Illusion but most people will start it at 35. That means 3 levels of training (around 15k septims). Then just keep the Intelligence high for the increase magicka pool (which also increases magicka regen) and you can go invisible for 60 seconds regaining more mana in that time than you spent casting it. Essentially, you can stay permanently invisible.
Since the lower levels are spent sneaking and running (without fighting) you end up extremely week but fast as fuck.
Lastly, I'd slap Restoration so you can boost your speed to absolutely dumb levels (fortify Speed +20, Fortify Atheltics + 30).
For emergencies and when something really has to die but is alone and charm won't work, take destrcution with the Drain Health fuckery. Bonus: charm them and they'll not fight before you hit him 3 times. And you only need to cast that "Power Word: Kill" spell (100 weakness to Magicka + Drain 100 health for 1 s) at most 3 times to reach 400 HP in damage (nothing has that much HP in the game).

So:

Major problem with reflect-magick fucks. If you see one, just ran the fuck away.

Oh, one fun thing to do in the endgame:
Essentially, Invisibility ends up protecting you better than any armour, Alteration or sneak.

If you have that sort of garb you should be using it to stack copies of fortify magicka/willpower and fortify magicka/intelligence spells on yourself. That lets you cast all manner of apocalyptic spells and buffs, and it's kind of cool to chain a whole lot of stuff together. For best results also put a 1pt on-touch effect on every non-ranged spell you make since it has the shortest cast animation.

The problem with Fortify Intelligence is that it does jackshit once you get to 100 intelligence.
And the best Sigil Stones will Fortify your intelligence by 12 points which gives you 24 Majicka. Compare to the 50 points they can give you.
Usually, you can get:
There you go, 700 magicka points.
I guess you could use this on other schools of magick too, since 700 points let you do all sorts of crazy shit.

Eh, in the endgame the best you can do is to have enough sigil stones with permanent Chameleon effect to enchant your gear to cumulative 100+% Nothing will stop you at that point.

You absolutely should enchant your items with fortify magicka for the reasons you suggest, and so you can cast at least one powerful thing at any time. But with spell buffs you want combination magicka/willpower and magicka/intelligence 100pts for 120 seconds. The latter gives you an additional +300 Magicka while the former gives +100 but also boosts your regeneration speed. Both are important because of how the regen works. Basically at 100 WIL you regenerate your entire pool in about 36 secs. At 200 it's about 21. You want at least 600 for about 8 seconds.

That's boring though.

I never bothered much with Restoration or Fortifying my willpower/magicka with spells.
It always seems I expend more Magicka than what I can recover and at best I can increase my pool to fill then with potions.
Wouldn't that cost a truckload of magicka to cast in the first place?

The trick is to stun>knockdown>coup de grace. I can't remember if that was instant kill or just massive damage, but the fire sword did a lot of work there setting things on fire with that coup de grace

Even that should be castable at 700 magicka. It's showing about 634 to me from calcing it. If necessary use a short-lived one as a bootstrap to the max duration ones. The biggest hurdle is getting Restoration maxed since it levels soooo slowly.

Trainers mate. Especially when you get to end-game crap, you're drowning in money.
Just dump it on trainers.

Sort of. That only contributes 5 per level so you have to grind up other skills to level up for more. The good news though is that you can abuse the "most expensive effect" thing to change a spell's governing school. It's inefficient but if you're a living magicka battery who cares about that.

Is there something wrong with that?
Or are you too poor to pay for a proper education?

Some of us actually like playing games and not paying our way through them.

Is Path of Exile any good?

"Grinding", or as some people call it, "playing the game".

Sounds like a real shitty game.

how did they do it, Holla Forums?

In (unmodded) TES you have to grind BEFORE you play the game. If you try to play the game first you fuck up your stats.

What kind of a super retard plays unmodded TES?

Warriors knockdown and then coup de grace, mages get ice for banana peel shenanigans, rogues get instakill sneak attacks.

The same kind of retard that thinks casting heal 17,030 times is a good way to play the game

Some of us actually like casting the same spells 17,030 times and not paying our way through them.

You know what's great in RPG's?
Having lots of money.
Not just to tell the bitchboys to teach me how to set their hair on fire, but also to buy 536 swords and dump them on top of a guard to kill him from physix damage.
It's also great to have money because it means you're better than anyone else.

You would have a point if it wasn't inevitable for every TES character to have enough money to flood the economy and buy out every shop.

And that's why every TES game is a masterpiece and Todd Howard is a visionary.
A game where you end up full of money to blow on stupid shit all day is certainly a good game.
Look at Lawbreakers. Did that game have characters with a ton of money? Nope. That's why it sucked.
Now look at the Dungeon Keeper series. You literally hoard giant piles of gold in rooms. And that makes it a great game.

Loadsemone = great game.
No discussion allowed.

Any particular reason why this game never got a sequel? Kinda had an open ending.

Hell the entire IP seems dead as a Mosul mosque doornail.

Calm down, Shekelstein. If you keep kvetching about money your heart is gonna go kaput.

souls are shit no matter what you play, yes.

You have to go back

Why Goyim, I had no idea you felt this way, I'm flattered.

Yes, very. I have well over 1000 hours in it. The skill tree is incredible, the currency system is unique, the gem based abilities are cool and there's no P2W bullshit. All the MTX are purely cosmetic or luxury like extra stash tabs for hoarding junk. Give it a try, if you enjoy ARPGs I'm sure you will love it. Make sure you plan out your character beforehand though, it's very easy to wing it and come out with a gimped build when you are still learning the game mechanics. Search for a strong league starter build that looks appealing to you and go from there. Also make sure to utilize Path of Building, poe.ninja and poe.trade to the fullest extent. Those three things will go a long way in contributing to both a successful build as well as economic prosperity.

They make discuck now, which is basically dark messiah on ez mode pretending to be a stealth game.

That should get a complete noob into maps at least right?

In my opinion Arantir was one of the best antagonists in a video game. They situated his motivations and actions perfectly between the two endings of the game such that he's a well-intentioned character with questionable methods who can either be the good guy or the bad guy entirely depending on what choice the player makes at the end of the game, casting Arantir's actions over the course of the game in a different light.

If the player releases Kha-Beleth then Arantir was right all along, he was trying to save the world, and sure he's a dick-ass necromancer who killed a lot of innocent people, but it was ultimately for the greater good, and trying to stop Sareth was the right thing to do. On the other hand, if the player imprisons Kha-Beleth then Arantir was basically just getting in the way and interfering with the process of sealing away Kha-Beleth, and all the people he killed were completely unnecessary since Sareth had the means to imprison him without killing tons of innocent people. In either case, he had good intentions.

I actually felt bad about killing him, he was a fairly likeable character and I couldn't really hold a grudge against him for killing me. He thought it was the right thing to do, and if you free your dad, Arantir actually was doing the right thing.

It was by and large a failure on release. A lot of people won't remember this but Dark Messiah ran like shit on most machines. It was absolutely gorgeous at the time it came out but it pushed hardware limits too much. Pair that with Source being a piece of shit to begin with and it just ran really badly at the time. Loading times were also insane, like, it took several minutes to load a map in multiplayer. So the game ran really poorly which limited its audience at the time, and Ubisoft is basically EA Lite anyways so when the game wasn't a gigantic commercial success they abandoned it. Part of it is to blame on Source, part of it on Ubisoft.

Is it possible to play as a sneaky guy with some magic? I want to be able to mostly kill with environmentals and having a nice bag of tricks like slippery floor would be nice.
I've heard (and seen) the end part of the game where it just gets awful and want to avoid that. (The part where the ghoul things deal half your hp and take forever to kill)

I don't really even want to be "muh dubble daggers edgy mc elite rogue", just a mage's apprentice trying to go do things. Kind of like a con-man? Pic related.

play tabletop games with friends cause vidya is extremely limited compared to them

I'm not sure if I have enough nearby friends to do that. :(

That's really more pure mage in my opinion but yeah there's nothing stopping you from taking a mixture of both.

Then there is trap positioning though on the harder difficulties it needs to be perfect because fucking up will screw you over, and of course decapitation a player centric skill all the classes will benefit from you being able to pull off.

Dungeons & Dragons: Heroes on Xbox

i didn't only mean IRL. you can always invite friends to play with you on Roll20 or something.

There is a ban on developing fun or good video games in west.

Magic isn't fun and their is no stealth, but it does have a lot of fun and viable weapons outside of that.

fug

I mean i have both tabletop simulator and a DnD dungeonmaster starter kit (friend randomly gave it to me for free)
Funny story with that. Just him was over and he became the guy who got +4 to stealth type rolls of all kinds, so long as it was on or near a wagon.
He also left his grandmother to be eaten by a hyena.

Yeah, you'll do just fine.

Are there still people on the multiplayer?

It's sad that we no longer get those Deus ex-esque games for the lack of a better term because they are their own genre in a way expect for Dishonored, but that went really pozzed really fast because I always liked them. Do you guys know any more games like that?

Because Ubisoft. It's a miracle that Dark Messiah and Heroes V came out as good as they did to begin with.

I'm gonna give the peasant playthrough a go. Rules I'm setting for myself:

But here's where I'm not entirely sure.

Allowed or no? On the one hand they're items, on the other hand you can use only one at a time and there's a couple areas on Hardcore where you'll probably need to burn a Ring of the Phoenix (the game offers five of them in total) to survive on Hardcore with no armour or sanctuary. I'm mainly thinking of the Worm here (in my experience it will get at least one hit in every time) and potentially the Paokai fights, especially the second where you're almost guaranteed to get zapped even if you try running past it.
Allowed, not allowed, or allowed for final fight but nowhere else? I'm not sure how you'd beat the bone dragon without either magic or a bow so I'd speculate it might be a good idea to collect them through the game and then use them all there. Otherwise you're in for an absurdly tedious game of "hit it in the tail a billion times with a wooden stick" because they didn't give the player a physics or stealth option for the last fight (though it feels as though there should be one what with the scaffolding you can climb up, almost as though they were going to set up some deployable trap there for players who explored it but ended up not putting anything there)
Rations of course are ok but should other potions be permitted? Dark Messiah actually throws a ton of them at you and I seldom use them but I could imagine them being useful in this playthrough. At the same time they might shit on difficulty because of how many there are.
Generally regarded as fucking useless, but you'll have a ton of spare points anyways and if potions are permitted it'll give you a few extra. In this case it actually would let you avoid a few fights that are generally not worth taking it to avoid, mostly early on.

Downloaded the demo.
Gonna try this but maybe with a couple tricks like frosty floors/telekinesis. You are a mage's apprentice, after all. Maybe you're just a terrible student and haven't learned anything else.

I mean if you can get your peasanty mitts on it, I don't see why not. Very specifically only pick up rings though if you come across them and give preference to the shiniest ones (Or the least shiniest, because you have to sell the fancy ones to feed your family). An illiterate dirty peasant might not know what a ring does but he can still put it on.
Stop joking, you can't read.
Yes. Just like rings, you might not know what it does, though in this case after you try it once, allow yourself to identify it. So if there's harmful to self potions, you have to drink one first to know it's bad. Mushrooms and things are a given, every peasant knows how to forage.
Of course. Mainly if you think there could be treasure.

Can't wait to hear the crier mention satan being bested by a peasant with a stick. Godspeed user.

Off the top of my head, here are their locations:

Weaponmaster in the storeroom right after getting into Menelag's place.
Arcane brilliance in the hidden spot in the chimney in the lower library.
Weaponmaster under the warehouse in one of the side rooms.
Arcane brilliance on a shelf in the ship right before the goblins.
Might in the ship by the flamegold bar after the goblins.
Ring of the phoenix 1 in the upper room on top of the ship after you clear everything and get Leanna on board.
Regeneration in the temple right before you get to the huge gate (on the right).
Ring of the phoenix 2 on a table at the top of the long stairway after the rope bridge.
Fire protection in the "hidden" cliffside room after going up the repaired elevator.
Ring of the phoenix 3 or 4 in the goblins' main area, in the little shack that houses shadowsteel daggers.
There's another ring of the phoenix whose location I can't remember but I know there are five in total as I always grab them all. For some reason I'm having a hard time remembering which of the secret locations has this one, I think it's either on one of the dead soldiers in the city near the end or together with the ring of fire protection.
Ring of the phoenix 5 in the collapsed building behind a giant barrel, near where a wizard is healing a soldier.

I think it's about time I torrent this game.

I've played a few times through on the hardest difficulty (very hard?) and never actually bothered with decapitations. If it's a skill I never learned it. Wasn't necessary when you can just knock down and burn them, and that's assuming there wasn't a spike rack in place.

Truly a masterpiece

(heil'd)
Do not use Roll20 for find a group to play RPG with. It is pretty much tumblr with most groups over there.

Sage for off-topic.

It's called immersive simulation, user, although that's really a very broad kind of categorisation that can have a lot of different definitions. Don't suppose you've played System Shock, Thief, Arx Fatalis, STALKER, Pathologic and Morrowind?

Stalker is the only good one of those tbh.

Setting is cool but gameplay is trash.
And since gameplay is the single important thing in games yeah it's bad.

those digits are telling you to git gud

The game has tiers of PvP, you go too high a level to GET 99 in a stat you'll be facing loads of dudes who do the same thing, so it's balanced in a sense, but all stats, after a certain point have lower gains at higher levels, so really you should stop at 45 in a stat and only in INT since that's the highest required stat for the Kamehameha energy beam sorcery honestly a sniping tool since it's all but worthless in PVP due to the charge up that can't be reduced enough

You actually want to cut off at around 40 for your attack stats. You pick either Strength, Dex, Faith or Intellegence. Faith and INT for Pyromancy should only be raised to meet requirements since scaling is split, then you choose which one to specialize.

On top of that you have to consider what infusions you use for your weapon, what gear to wear to boost attacks or add support effects, and each catalyst has subtle differences like increased FP use and casting speed that make the "strongest" catalysts harder to use in a fight, the Sage's Ring only counts for so much virtual DEX and honestly you can get by by using almost any weapon except for the broken straight sword if you shut the fuck up and get good.

SL 50 and SL 100 have much different metas for their pvp because of the stat issue, so on SL 50 you'll need to balance your stats for your gear and on SL 100 you need to specialize.

Honestly that's not the problem with the game, the big problem is that due to the Invader/Helper system the PVP is split up hugely and you can't even invade most of the time because playerbase is determined by who the fuck works that day, it's so split up that you can't even play it half the time, and decent matchmaking is literally DLC, since the Arena is only accessible to people who purchased the DLC.

Honestly the whole series is a fucked up mess when you get down to itsave Demon's Souls, DS1's backstab only due to poise being a metagame breaker, DS2was actually really decent in multiplayer but had horrible issues in the regular play on top of broken promises and DS3 has an OVERemphasis on single player play in regards to it's online but simulteniously dropped the fucking ball on that.

I still like it though, it's just very easy to get burned out on the series, you have to play it in short bursts.

Decapitating humanoid enemies is a matter of timing and precision with the right power attacks, it's not a random effect.

You know where I can get a playlist of music like this I can listen to while playing this game?

There are not enough games that let you kick the shit out of everything

Nice quints my friend

Dying light could have been so much better if it had a story line and believable characters. What a shame.

fun fact: xana is slang for vagina in PT-BR

I really wish they released those extra console levels for the PC.

Wait, what?

It should really be pretty simple to extract them.

now in superior quality

Probably because Ubisoft's creativity well ran dry by then. It was already showing signs of depletion in Heroes V where they did the demon invasion stuff twice in a row, then in Heroes VI and VII they again doubled down on that shit despite going back in time. With a Dark Messiah sequel, your only options would be to re-do the demon invasion storyline AGAIN or else just have Sareth and Leanna/Xana live happily ever after because without demons, what else is there? Necromancers have already been done. I guess they could retcon the Dark Elves into being some sort of crazy Armageddon cult so you fight them, but that's not really a "holy shit, the world is ending, save us, oh almighty hero!" kind of urgent plot. And frankly, as much as people shit on DM's story, it's really not that bad. In fact, among typical fantasy games, it's probably one of the better ones.

Dark Messiah was kind of a one-hit wonder. It needed that perfect combination of pre-cucked Arkane, a Ubisoft still open to exploring new ideas with a new IP and the Source Engine back when it was the hot new thing with physics that you could exploit the fuck out of for shits and giggles. I don't really see any engine around that's new enough to allow you to recreate and expand on the kind of insane crap you could pull off in Dark Messiah.

Problem with Dying Light's kick is that only the dropkick was worth a damn. A normal kick was the equivalent of giving an enemy a very light push.

Surprised no one's done it yet to be honest.

What's the music? It sounds really familiar, but I just can't place it.

Also, I forgot how cheesily hilarious the Black Guards sound. It really adds to the 80's fantasy B-movie feel of the game.

That being said, if I was making a sequel, the first thing I would do is add a slide function, make critical strikes and jump attacks available from the get-go, add a combo system, so you could follow up a power strike with a 1-2-3 slice-stab-and-dice combination and experiment with implementing a physics-based grappling system.

Well, if you just so happen to come across it when rooting around or rummaging for gold… or food for your starving peasant gut…. and you see a ring… It's all rather a formality but think of it that you don't need to pick up every ring but maybe think of 3 or 4 you really want and go from there.

It was cool for the first hour or so, but Jesus Christ they needed to remove the amount of kick traps in the game

I mean reduce.

I liked the story in Dark Messiah.

It was pre current year. You could be the bad guy, women were attractive and it wasn't trying to be the next Game of Thrones.

Just a simple fantasy story.

Played the demo, magic is gay and I stopped using it because it takes so long to get out, recharge, and everything. I just wanted to slip people.
Tried again with a balance of misc and melee skills and that worked great.

These. Dark Messiah and Dragon's Dogma are my goalposts for how good a game's combat is. The hitstun and variety of attacks in DD and the environment and trap-setting in DM are the basis for how I feel every action game's combat should be designed: give the big hits a satisfying crunch, give the player so many fun options that they're never disappointed, make the battlefield a combatant to take into consideration, and when the player has control over when the fight is initiated, give them the ability to set traps and control the field.

Ultimately, Dragon's Dogma 2, if it ever happens, needs to do three things: add multiplayer, get rid of stat growth being tied to the class you were when you leveled, and add more trap-like options for battlefield control.

I fucking love dark souls 3.

>So, you agree that For Honor has great combat? Because it has all of those things and the combat is actually really good. I like it, though it's too bad about the ubishit part.
Oh, some characters do have traps like bear traps and the like. There's also plenty of bombs. I hate how such a good concept gets passed over because the company managing it is such ass. True to ubi's nature, it had a shit launch and has been slowly but steadily improving since then. I really think they could avoid all the PR problems but not launching so early.
I played around with bitrate and quality settings for a good while to try to get good quality in webm or mp4 but couldn't get it, therefore embed.

And do ignore all the greentext, that would be failing to proofread my post when codemonkey automatically grabs my post from clipboard and appends greentext markers to the front of everything THANKS. Sage for double post

I really liked For Honor during the time in beta I've managed to play it. It was unstable as hell though, and considering that it was shipping a couple of days later there was no way I was going to buy it.
It's dead now right?

I liked how certain moves lead to guaranteed combos (like Orochi's run slash into light attack). And just the basics of footsies could carry you far, even against gold players.

It's actually not dead AFAIK on PC, not sure about consoles. It can be barren sometimes, and especially during 9-5 when people are at work, but the main modes like dominion, duel, and events you can get matches.
Connectivity has improved a LOT, and they've said they want dedicated servers in the upcoming season 4 (the next season).
Pic related is the steam charts, and it ONLY takes into account the people who are launching it through steam as opposed to directly though Uplay. IT'S STILL FUNNY BECAUSE IT'S STILL BETTER THAN LAWCUCKERS

Thank you anons

I went into Dark Messiah expecting a garbage story, took the "apprentice my dear boy, you must do this simple task. uh oh, things didn't go as planned, btw your dad is the demon lord and the necromancers were the good guys, thanks for killing them, you evil fuck"

it all blew me away honestly

you ever play offworld trading company? you defeat your opponents by buying them.

fuck this guy, and all his friends too.

It was the poison and tedium more than anything. I just hid in the rafters and either shot their heads off or got adrenaline kills after long enough.
IT WAS BORING

Funny how in all the cases you were the biggest jackass. You either betray your nice dad who trusted you and actually cared for you or doom the world.

Half the fun of the endgame is going from being so weak against ghouls you have to pretend the floor is lava to being so sneaky you can garrote a skeleton.

Without the ability to stab them when they're knocked down, they're basically invulnerable, since they aren't as susceptible to physics damage and generally don't show up in areas with traps/cliffs to explot.

Still fun as fuck to run through the game without using a single weapon or spell. You can get a pretty good distance when throwing those midsize crates, eventually I was doming black guards from 20-30 feet away.

Spicy dubs have been checked. Posting some hot sauce.

Yeah, my character is a mix between melee and tank/rogue? I got melee combat three, archery 2… And all of the HP upgrades in misc INCLUDING regeneration. I also got stealth 1, and one magic spell: telekinesis. (Usually I only use that for lifting statue bits.)
My main method of combat is the kick, and jump attacks.
What's funny is that because I wear a ring of regeneration and have the regeneration trait, I can almost indefinitely maintain the Xana form. And without it, goblins can't event scratch me while I'm in maille.

Sorcerer or nothing

And exactly what would that add to the game?

The ability to play with friends and to communicate with them so we can strategize. And leave the pawns as optional replacements for people who want to play the game alone.

The lewds for this game is surprisingly non-existent

i only got about 3 hours in, maybe its ust because id didnt stick with it longer but the skill tree seemed like it was just huge with little ass bonuses all over it lie "+1% attack speed" and shit. also the gem skill system makes me think the classes wont feel very different aside from the small bonuses skill tree. maybe i rushed to judgement tho idk.

front kicks are pushes IRL, you are basically shoving someone with the ball of your foot. you could probably make someone stumble backwards and fall onto thier butt but you arent going to send someone flying, unless you are super strong and they are very light.

or maybe just play final fantasy 7 + 10 instead and enjoy the skill system without western hands fuckin it up

If he were nice, he wouldn't destroy your toys while you watch, including the one he gave you to play with.

Yes. When a game allows me to out-regen dedicated glass cannons, I've found a real gem.

Oh, no, you're absolutely right… but when you collect 'all of the +1% X, it can get out of hand… like being able to stand in front of kitava, unmoving, and beat his face in without needing flasks.

You basically just rush through the whole sequence because the Zombies are just not fun to deal with, the spiders are spooky because of their "instant 1HP" attacks.

I don't usually mind the spiders AS MUCH because you can avoid being poisoned by using a shield. the opposite is true with poison clouds in a line that hit instantly.
Also hard to rush on a first run not knowing where everything is. Next time I'd know everywhere to go.

I rushed it fine blind, only one part gave me trouble because I was looking for secrets.

I did find the infinite quiver though, that was fun.

Reminder that the club is the strongest weapon.

my nigga