Supernatural creatures

Ever wonder what would happen if that monsters in alot of vidya actually existed? Would we be able to combat them? Avoid them? Or would we be enslaved or killed en masse?

Also what is your favorite vidya monster and why? Mine would be the Griffin due to it's majesty and beauty, coupled with the fact of major power and speed and not to be fucked with

Just send the Chinese after them, they'll eat them to extinction

I feel like the Russians would hunt the lesser ones, then sell the meat to the Chinese

Minotaur is my favorite, but most games don't portray their low cunning well enough. My favorite thing about Minotaurs in D&D/PF is they are immune to the "Maze" spell and can't get lost in mazes. We need more RPGs with suspense segments involving Minotaurs hunting you.

Here's a very thought out and comprehensive list of steps to deal with virtually any mythological creature

1. Get gun
2. Shoot creature
3. If creature does not die, get gun with bigger bullet and repeat step 2.
4. If bullet is already max size and creature is still alive, get gun that fires multiple big bullets and repeat step 2.
5. If multiple big bullets do not work, obtain propelled explosives and repeat step 2.
6. If explosives do not work, obtain nuke. Repeat step 2.
7. If 6 does not work, then the proposer of this hypothetical situation is a misanthropic loser who just wants to jerk off to furries dominating the human race. Go back to step 1 and apply step 2 to proposer. You will most likely not need to proceed to a bigger caliber.

There's a thing between furries and fucking wraiths and vampires you cynical /k/ommando

I want cuckchan to leave.

Casual confirmed. Here's my guide to hunting manticores with no magic or guns, thanks to WHFRP campaigns.

Instructions unclear, werewolf came back to life and fucked me in the ass.
next time, add silver bullets to the list

user, monsters are about making the world more creative, not less.
I fucking hate the type of autist who only wants monsters to be real exclusively so he can live out his fantasy of killing them from the safety of his fortress.

I always wondered how those mechanics would work if you just hacked them to little pieces and kept them seperate or something. Funnily enough in the show Supernatural one guy encounters some supernatural being from asia that requires a very specific bamboo knife to kill. He solves the problem by throwing the creature into a wood chipper.

I'd like a pet dragon. Then again, I'm too lazy to even get a cat, let alone take care of a huge dragon.

I just want a game where I'm a frontiersman in North America hunting supernatural creatures.

Why does everyone in this thread sound like they are 13?

because the average poster on Holla Forums is 13?

LOL URAFAG LOL
When I was 13, I was learning C++ and making games, now I just shitpost while trying to work up the willpower to read books on math and game code architecture.

And your IQ is 20 points higher than all of ours too?

Not all of you. I'm sure 3, 4, or 5 of you guys are smarter than I am.

For me it has to be Kefka.
Intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor.
Dragons and chimeras in general

How about a girl who will love you for who you are.

I thought there was a game like that? Like something about a supernatural/psychological horror game set in a colony where it's abandoned or some shit

I found what I was talking about, I guess it's not exactly what you want but your description made me think about it

Betrayer

Well fuggg

I was thinking something like "The Hunter", except you hunt skinwalkers, wendigos and stuff with blackpowder weapons.

Fucking hell, I just want to shoot Spearchuckers and Dragons with a G36, I want to see said Spearchucker cavalry getting fucking shredded by Cobra, Arty or A10.
I want to see a single Tomahawk Missile completely destroying a gigantic fucking fortress.
I want to see Modern Soldiers fucking up and getting stupodily getting fucking gutted by said Spearchuckers.
I want to see a T90 drilling a hole into a Trex thats being ridden by humans as it eats a Recon unit that got too far in.

Why is this so hard?

Idunno, there's dino D-day, which is a shitty FPS but also with dinosaurs and Nazis. Can be occasionally hilarious.

this american/jewish obsession with nazis seems incredibly pathetic for someone looking from the outside

fuck you, reddit

Wow, D&D really just ripped off old european stories? This one about the minotaur of Crete. Not a suprise though, since it's was King Mino's bull.

of course, the whole concept of parties of adventurers was ripped off Knights Errant, Greek mercenaries, and Conquistadors with loads of sex thrown in depending on which author you got cursed with
D&D borrows from almost every possible setting

You're that fag that kept popping up in the DD threads to tell us how bad you felt about killing the thing, aren't you?

No fucking shit, Sherlock.
You just butchered the mythology, though, so you should probably kill yourself.

And what the fuck are you smoking? D&D was based around shit like Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser, John Carter of Mars, Conan the Barbarian, and the other pulp fantasy novels which were floating around in the decades prior to its release.

It's pretty common in older systems that monsters are immune to weapons of below a certain quality. Unless that gun is firing Magic Bullets +1, you aren't going to do shit against certain monsters.

No, I like them because they look cool and also make awesome tapestry and heraldry. The one in DD needed to be killed because it threatened both humans and livestock iirc.

I guess if some fag wanted to fantasize that he could drive it off in some D&D fagltop that's his business but imo the thing was already guilty and dangerous and likely to come back again, the first griffin in Witcher 3 had this same problem, but due to other causes iirc

Personally I think any kind of dragon or reptilian creature is as cool as fuck and always manage to give me a hard-on.

Any monster big enough to pose a threat to humankind would be killed off sooner rather than later. If prehistoric bow-shooting spear chucking hunga bungas can drive mammoths, thunderbirds, sabretooths, etc. to extinction primarily by EATING them and their prey then modern humans have nothing to worry about.

unless it's some shit from x-com

lobstermen ain't nothin' to fuck with

It'd be a good question as to whether humanity could've surpassed the monsters with the use of our brains or whether the monsters had killed us all off already.

And even more interesting to ponder as to whether we'd be even more technologically progressed by now if we had monsters or moreā€¦ backwards as monsters would no doubt tickle our autism to develop better things to kill them but on the other hand could just be that we'd be on medieval ages at most because no time to develop electricity, guns or such with all these monsters around.

all night, every night

Yes, all the ones from medieval-era games would be exterminated very quick and easily if not domesticated. Same thing goes for all the ones in games that have guns, as guns in vidya are always peashooter pieces of shit compared to real life. When a single IRL bullet can do what a full 30-round magazine does in a lot of games, I don't think we'd have much trouble.

woa man spoiler this shit this is a SFW board my dude

we didn't actually make these things extinct, though

They ran out of shit to eat cause of Humans. I think humans would have probably driven these large animals into extiction because humans work in packs and have tools, while these large animals dont. More or less anything below of a real fire breathing dragon where it becomes like a fantasty. Then again is there really enough food for these monsters to exist? Since these mythical creatures kill very easy and alot there has to be a crap ton of livestock and they probably have low population, so they would have to be killed off. I think if the planet was bigger so there was more land coverage then there could be more land for livestock prey animals to exist to allow these killer creatures grow into a large population. I dont know though, most animals tend to go extinct and those that dont are smaller than a large dog are the ones that exist for a long time.

Does any fantasy setting has real life weapons? They hunt these monsters with weapons which are outdated for hundreds of years. We have weapons which can vaporize entire cities. We have weapons which can poison entire continents. If monster can regenerate after than we will use it as infinite food source. For god sake, we have predator drones. If monsters would be a real problem army will deal with them. If not, we just use them for sport. We were stronger than most animals during fucking stone age.

Humans already the scarriest predator on earth and out technology designed to fight with ourselves. Ever heard of MAD or arms race? Or weapons can already fucking destroy whole fucking Earth many times. There is no such thing as ceiling to destructive potential. Right now we can kill a thread bigger than whole Earth.

Doesn't work on Angels, Devils or Gods.

If not why jewish god was afraid of fucking iron chariots?

A planet to have more land by simply being larger would fuck over anything that tries to fly.

What you want is a higher oxygen atmosphere, a slightly hotter climate.

Ideally you'd want landmass more distributed among the planet's waters, but to get that you'd have to have a lot more tectonic plates, which would result in more mountains and less plains ore migratory routes for land animals. The planet would have to have way less water, without become too dry.

I don't see many of those walking around either.

Really makes you think.

But what if the monsters a actually monstergirls?
And lewd ones?

*are