Star Fox Games & Lore Discussion

This is a universe that desperately needs to be fleshed out because it has a lot of potential.

Where are the point defenses on this? What does it have to protect itself? EWS? Cloaking? Does is stay behind a screen of other ships?

As far as I see both the Mobile HQ and the Great Fox have these issues.

That's why they have the G-diffuser and metal legs. The only reason fighters in space wouldn't work for us is because of fuel, excessive G-forces, radiation shielding, and limited firepower. All of these things are issues they solved. The Cornerians likely had a bad run with drones/AI and refuse to use them at any cost, hence why only the Venomians employ them at all.

If any of you think I'm wrong on my assessment that's fine, but I think this series needs to be in the hands of someone who will do something with it worth a damn.

So, autism thread. Star Fox does have potential but since it’s Ninty it won’t see any fleshing out. They’ll never give it to anyone either unless Miyamoto finally drops dead.

:(

OP is a furfag.

The closest you're ever going to get is A Fox In Space.

You're not allowed to watch that

Lust Penis is canon.

Like what? It's a very standard sci-fi universe with furries. The characters are all basic archetypes. Nothing is ever fleshed out in detail, because it's all just a flimsy backdrop for shooting things. The series' one attempt at making the story a little more in depth was pretty cringeworthy.

Just to get some of the lore out of the way, there are three different iterations of Star Fox (I'll list them in order).

Fuck off user

Seriously, what is it about this universe you think has potential? Do you want to know the riveting story of what drove Andros to turn himself into a giant head? Do you want to know more about General Pepper's useless military force who rely on a small band of mercenaries to do everything for them? Would you like to know why there was a giant slot machine floating in space that one time?

Crystal ruined Assault, along with the land sections

I think your last image is corrupted. All I see is a white space.

There are tons of different directions you could go with that alone. Maybe Star Fox is the spearhead and Corneria is fighting the real battle elsewhere in the system and you never see it.

Maybe Starfox is the last thing they can call on because Corneria was at peace for so long that their ships were really only good for policing piracy and criminals.

Maybe Andross disabled most of their infrastructure before striking.

Also like said it depends on what iteration you're even talking about.

I'd flesh out Krystal with her cock if you know what I mean.

>I'd flesh out Krystal with her cock if you know what I mean.

Was that intentional user?

Okay now imagine if Fox got gender TF'd to look like that

Which game was it that introduced Fox and Falco turning into giants?

where da yiff at?

rite here

What's sucking?

this

That's gay

Zero Suit best fan art, prove me wrong

Which game was it that introduced the Zero Suit, actually?

Would you a Krystal?

Closest I can find is this.

Huh, I thought that was a Metroid game. Did the remake add in a Star Fox cameo with that being where the Zero Suit came from?

I used to fap to these images from an issue of nintendo power back in the day. Ah…brings me back.

Kornheisergreat.jpg

No, no, no, no, no…Metroid: Zero Mission introduced Samus' zero suit. Star Fox and Metroid have nothing to do with one another (Not even any cameos). The zero suit just became a meme along with female Fox McCloud around the time Smash 4 came out.

What if cuntboy Fox McCloud instead?

Oh, that works :3

You're gay

Oh i nuked my sf folder that was silly of me

Expected tbh

Even the fucking Game Theory guy asked Miyamoto himself in a interview about this, and guess what? None of the devs knew anything about the whole amputee pilots resist high g maneuvers better. They just had legs that make them stand up like people instead of animals.

Really, the first hint should have been the fact that they have G-diffusers at all, which would completely negate the need for high-G body modifications in the first place.

kNot to mention the official Nintendo Power (?) comics had them take the metal legs off as if they were boots

I'd like to see a StarFox game utilize unique character talents at some point in both vehicles and in person.

And sucks that Nintendo just made Krystal fap bait to piss off Rare because her story in the StarFox universe has potential.

Speaking of dinosaurs I was thinking about having a Sharpclaw tribe character as a new member of Star Wolf who combines dinosaur magic with technology to be a powerful warrior who almost bests Wolf in melee. Leon is the assassin who sneaks in for the kill with camo. Panther seems like a charismatic evil James Bond that's jack of all trades.

The concepts of Adventure and Assault's gameplay has a ton of potential. I just wish they refined and improved it all instead of throwing it all in the trash to make yet another remake of the original Star Fox.

I would also love to see something akin to how Jet force Gemini handled it's playable characters.
I imagine the story would be that there is a huge war, The Star Fox team get hired as mercenaries but so does Star Wolf for the same side, since because of the war the people are desperate for anyone's help. so that could be fun for the story and is an excuse to let you play as both Teams.

I want to marry Fox! … or do I? Would a person who's capable of killing really be capable of loving?

Fuck this timeline tbh. Time for some time travel/dimension shifting. Gotta fix this.

I always thought it would be cool if they took the gameplay of Star Wars Battlefront and applied it to Star Fox.

It'd be better than nu-Battlefront. When we inevitably have a thread about Battlefake 2 when it's released alongside the mouse's new cinematic abortion this holiday season, I'll make sure to talk about how a Star Fox game could do the same thing. Maybe we can get people making Battlefront-style mods for all sorts of games. Metroid Prime Battlefront? Why not?

Assault was already kind of like that in some levels where you could freely go from vehicle to on foot, but yeah I get what your saying.
I almost want there to be an open world or maybe hub areas would be better, I just think it would be fun to explore the different worlds without it always being during a battle a little down time to look around would be nice.

and Man this only occurred to me after righting the rest of this post, but We have never really got to look around the Great Fox have we? It's such a cool ship, seems like a missed opportunity.

I guess i'm thinking of Mass Effect style worlds but with far better gameplay.

So playing as two armies
Fighting well gain access to "hero" units like the members of Star Fox. Playing as Fox McCloud on foot may give access to a moveset similar to his Smash Bros version (rapid fire blaster and reflector). Vehicles like the Arwing, Landmaster, and alt versions of them like the SF2 walker Arwing or character exclusive Command version Arwing's could also be used. Other Cornerian Army allies like Katt Monroe and Bill Grey would be there, possibly even Peppy's daughter and other Command characters.
Of course to counter that, Andross's forces "hero" units are Star Wolf and their Wolfen ships. Other "hero"s would be the Ape pilots that used the Gundam like mech's that served as the boss of Sector Y in SF64. Smaller playable versions of other famous bosses could also serve such as SF64 Sector X's Spyborg or that two headed mechanical dragon/bird Monarch Dodora from SFZ. If desperate for more villain "heroes" Pigma Dengar could possibly have a few alt versions of himself from the different SF games to serve a multiple characters to pad out the villain roster like a normal version, Aparoid version, SF Guard, robot minion using version.
Would anyone like dinosaurs characters such as Prince Tricky or General Scales you could actually fight him this time or Aparoids as "hero" units?

We have never really got to look around the Great Fox have we? It's such a cool ship, seems like a missed opportunity.
Outside of Adventures menu screen and the SFZ The Battle Begins anime short, there hasn't been.

I was also thinking about how Fox's and Falco's blasters can work for the game. To do this there has to be regenerating shields as temporary body armor. Health will still be there as well as armor to make some foot units will be a bitch to kill.

Fox's blaster is rapid fire. It deals little to no damage and has no stopping power. However blaster's rapid fire rips shields to shread. So Fox can close in for a quick melee kill. Which makes sense if Fox is a commando-type unit with a versatile weapon selection more effective at killing than his blaster pistol.

Falco's blaster does slightly more damage and can kill via headshot but isn't as effective at taking out shields. Instead Falco's blaster has enough stopping power to halt or even trip oncomming units. The reason is that Falco on the ground prefers distance as a sniper. Falco can use his wing arms to get extra height to reach vantage points to snipe away oncoming threats. And if Falco is spotted he has the means to get out of close range quickly.

If Slippy has a blaster I say it's like a shotgun. It's a close range weapon that can kill in one or two shots. It's also Slippy's only useful firearm because Slippy would be busy setting up sentry bots, hacking terminals, and setting up mines around the field.

Krystal's staff at melee would break shields due to it's magical nature. Krystal would also have stronger shields/barrier power to make up for her poor marksmanship. Also Krystal's staff as a side arm can shoot firebolts at enemies which while inneffective at hurting shields can set tougher and armored enemies on fire which not only drains health quickly but ignites any nearby flammable substances. Krystal can also deflect single blaster and rifle shots so long as she sees the shooter. But not rapid fire weapons nor explosives.

Continuing.

Wolf is a commando-like unit. Unlike Fox he is slower, but more durable and stronger and can use heavier weapons without much encumbrance.

Leon is an assassin. He only has two kill ranges: melee and sniper. Leon in a firefight is useless but has precision long range and stealth. Leon's backstab kills anything in one hit.

Panther is espionage. He's a scouting unit who can run at incredibly fast speeds. His equipment is made to spy on the enemy team and give that info to his. Panthro travels light but he can use pistols, assault rifles, and snipers.

General Scales is dead. Long live Scales. But that said either Scales himself or his son can fit the role of CQC saboteur. Sharpclaws are mutant dinosaurs that combine magic with technology. Naturally they have boosted shields but access to fire, cryo, and EMP weaponry that can crowd control units and vehicles. Cryo spray can freeze units in their place or even barrels of big guns to jam them. EMP fucks with radar and computers. And fire burns. If it's Scale's son he can be StarWolf's newest fourth member as a replacement technician for Andrew.

If we're using everyone in StarFox canon then Bill could be a shock trooper with spray and prays. Kat could be a spy similar to Panther. Andrew is a mechanic but also a hacker. Pigma is the demoman who loves bombs. Peppy can use pistols and heavy weapons. General Pepper could use rifles and a "battle cane" aka light saber stick.

We had that. It was called Star Fox Command.

People who want things to be more fleshed out are all faggots who just want to make their fetishes, shippings and pet theories cannon. The result is always shit.

Command was shit because they had a Deviant artist draw the endings

Cuckery isn't a word. You mean cuckoldry.

This is an imageboard, you can afford to take time and make well-written posts instead of spamming. Reported.

Oh no, oh man!!!

You should die

billy c man come on

we already went through this like a day ago

What the fuck did I miss? Thread got raided?

I user just spammed stuff like penis, shit, fuck. over and over again, until he was reported.

I never knew talking about Star Fox gameplay could trigger autism this badly.

That said, I'm sure character abilities I mentioned can be translated into Arwing features. Maybe have Arwings with different alt-forms like chicken walker too.

Thread's in auto-sage btw.

Well we were also talking about some world building/Lore so that triggered the shit out of him for some reason.

As flawed as Star Fox Command was I did like how everyone had a unique ship that was personalized to them. I thought it was bad ass how James Mccloud had an older model Arwing.

I can understand wanting to keep Star Fox like an arcade shooter. Lots of space shooters gave you options for different vehicles and pilots.

My ideal Star Fox game would be playing space mercenaries. Keep 64's controls, no tilting right stick to barrel roll shit, with maybe some motion aiming, throw in some money to buy vehicles, upgrades, and maintenance (shieldless arwings can take a bit more beating before exploding), hire other mercs as relief and dispatch missions, and build sandbox battlefields with on-rails sections while fast travel and all-range mode for when you arrive. Story is Camp Corncheese space opera like how Star Fox has always been but more day to day. Both mission accomplishes and failure will determine difficulty based on how many objectives you can clear.

Leon is an assassin. He only has two kill ranges: melee and sniper. Leon in a firefight is useless but has precision long range and stealth. Leon's backstab kills anything in one hit.
I also thought of the similar idea of Leon and his chameleon camouflage would make him play like TF spy class cloaking ability. Interestingly enough, SFA did list his role as assassin.

(checked)
So something like

And of course to counter it.
>SFZ Wolfen that can fucking transform into a fucking Zoid "Hunter" quadruped walker