Vidya Music general//Shameless shilling edition

I tried I checked the catalog and saw a few threads about vidya music, but all of them have a specific theme to them so I thought i'd start up a general thread.

They got some a shitload of soundtracks available that you can download EZ. Full disclosure, this is a referral link that let's me download a new album every time somebody new clicks on it. I was gonna put this shilling part on 4chan to harvest the clicks of the brainless masses, but that site has become a fucking garbage fire. Jfc I regret even going there again.

Anyways, vidya music general, i'll start us off with a few good ones

hotpocket edit: removing referral link

Oh yeah, i use that site all the time. Now i just use youtube-dl to download soundtracks now since its faster, but i got alot from there.

I'm in it for the quality. I find that there's quality drop of varying degrees when I use youtube to mp3, so I use this instead. Your mileage may vary of course, I've just personally found this site to be of pretty consistent quality. The only real problem is needing to shill out the link whenever you want to download something new, but it's an investment i'm willing to make.

No, i use the youtube-dl program that gets the raw video file that i convert into the highest quality mp3 i can get. It works just as well as that site.

Are there any games that use real music? What I mean is songs that you can't tell they aren't from a video game. If you get a normalfag and blind fold them they would not be able to tell the difference. That's what the music I am looking for. But I am also looking for original too. Not like GTA 5 where they use real music already made. I get that music has more of setting the tone for the game and etc. But are there games that just have like real music? Hotline Miami is close but it's not original scores.

Metal gear rising
Deadly premonition
Some metal gear songs

you should at least search sites like khinsider and emuparadise first since they very often have higher quality OSTs than youtube videos

I forgot that emuparadise has osts.

You shouldn't waste time downloading mp3s at all.

I dont notice a difference between flac and mp3

yeah I'll easily find FLACs for every vidya music I like

Bump.

loser

Oh christ I wasn't ready for the nostalgia

oldschool is not real runescape

Man I would kill to be an audiophile. To have such great pleasure in something as mundane as audio would be poetic.

when your music is better than the actual game.

Do you not get euphoric when listening to music you enjoy?

Just use a proxy you dumb fuck

Hearing the difference now isn’t the reason to encode to FLAC. FLAC uses lossless compression, while MP3 is ‘lossy’. What this means is that for each year the MP3 sits on your hard drive, it will lose roughly 12kbps, assuming you have SATA – it’s about 15kbps on IDE, but only 7kbps on SCSI, due to rotational velocidensity. You don’t want to know how much worse it is on CD-ROM or other optical media.

I started collecting MP3s in about 2001, and if I try to play any of the tracks I downloaded back then, even the stuff I grabbed at 320kbps, they just sound like crap. The bass is terrible, the midrange…well don’t get me started. Some of those albums have degraded down to 32 or even 16kbps. FLAC rips from the same period still sound great, even if they weren’t stored correctly, in a cool, dry place. Seriously, stick to FLAC, you may not be able to hear the difference now, but in a year or two, you’ll be glad you did.

this is a good pasta, never went to /mu/ so it's a first for me

The Yakuza series is full of that sort of thing, though this track's the first one that came to mind.

I swear I've heard this chord progression somewhere before, but I can't place it.

David Wise a best

What are some games that have completely different variations of songs depending on the region?

The only thing I can think of is the Japanese Snake Eater theme being completely different than the western one.

that was the joke you tard

I love the F-Zero GX OST, and I think the fact that they composed 40 additional character themes that are also actually pretty decent is fantastic. Hell, 10 of them are even locked behind beating the game on expert, giving you another reason to go for it as well. However, I don't think the X soundtrack gets enough love for just how much metal they managed to pack onto a single cartridge. Forget shitty acid techno, this is the best music to race at 1000kph to.