Other urls found in this thread:

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Famicom_Color_Palette
firebrandx.com/nespalette.html
analogue.co/pages/super-nt/
wiki.nesdev.com/w/index.php/VRC7_audio
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

500 dollars for a fucking NES?

nigger

Yup. I did the math & even factoring in the value of it acting as a flash cart & an RGB modded system for old TVs, it's still $200 too much. just thought I would ask. Does anyone have one of these things?

You are retarded if you buy one.

install the custom firmware. you now have a master system, gamegear, game boy, nes (+its millions of expansion boards), and a ton of other 8-bit systems. FPGA accuracy allows better-than-original-hardware experience, and RGB out as well as HDMI out gives you the best of the best.

It's not $450 for one system. It's $450 for a ton of systems, 100% compatibility flash carts for each, and hdmi and rgb out. emufags are jelly

Emufag detected.

fpga isn't emulation, it's as good as original hardware or better

They tick all the autism checkboxes, even added the obscure expansion port. The FDS is actually rather cheap nowadays.
However, 500 bucks for the base system is absolutely retarded.

Emufags are laughing their ass off at you.

From a hardware perspective, it's pretty neat. It's based on a FPGA, meaning the literal hardware configuration can be changed to match most any other 8-bit system. It's not even emulation, it is actually using the literal original ISA for all these systems with exact accuracy.
Still too fucking expensive, given how cheap consumer-level FPGA setups are.

the laughter of children is music to my ears

Said the manchild as he blew 500 bucks on an android phone with a cart slot.

The audio is't accurate due to lack of lowpas filter if I remember right. If there were a way to fix that it would be perfect.

This is the really appealing part, as opposed to the previous clones or downright Android emulation boxes. If I was a richfag I would buy this device, I'm 100% sure I would be getting more enjoyment out of a NES than any modern game console.

enjoy your overhead and no analog out :^)

don't forget master system, game gear and game boy. And hey, plenty of earlier 8-bit consoles too if you're feeling curious.

Was the Neo Geo Pocket 8-bit? If he adds that as a core I'd consider it.

You are the one buying an overpriced NES Mini faggo

last I heard, due to the way the GBA/C functions it was the limit of the FPGA present in the nt mini. I imagine the NGP/C was beyond the limit there, unfortunately.

and master system, sg1000, colecovision, 2600, game gear, game boy, game boy color, gamate, supervision, game king, atari 7800, arcadia 2001, channel F, creativision, odyssey 2, adventure vision, rca studio 2 and videobrain.

Don't buy FPGAs for over 5x what their retail prices should be, kids.

How is original hardware vs emulation still even a relevant argument let alone conversation. Its hardward vs software, that makes no fucking sense.
DUDE ORANGES ARE BETTER THEN APPLES YOU FUCKING FAGGOT

starting to see where it adds up yet?

Looks lovely, can't wait to try my 300 dollars copy of Zelda II on it, emufags be jelly. I'm gonna post some closeup pictures of my 1989 CRT next, so that you can see the pixels very close.

ur not some autistic speed runner faggot are you?

You're not factoring in shipping costs or costs of a soldering iron/flix/wires/etc.

Because this is HARDWARE emulation, not SOFTWARE emulation. They literally built a brand new Nintendo out of new parts from the ground up.

It bombed for a reason.

Zelda II is like $40 tops for a less-scratched copy, faggot. If you're gonna be a sperg, at least use an accurate one like Color-A-Dinosaur.

Why does it cost 500$ to do so?

its more that its hardware engineered to simulate the entirety of the hardware of the original system.

lol casual, never even touched a SMS or peeled off its sick cellophane protection

I need a shirt that says anime pro on it.

its $450, and its not just NES RGB/HDMI.

Fine, You build me a new hardware accurate nes. See how much that costs to figure out.

I know, I just dont understand how it cost 450$ now adays to make

Not a bad price if it comes with the PVM.

Whoop-dee-doo, faggot. I don't factor in shit any hobbyist should have around at all times.

FPGA chips are expensive, and its bloated a bit by analogue being showy and gay. If anything, the FPGA used has dropped in price dramatically. It used to cost around 3000-5000.

Plus $50 EMS shipping guy.

Yeah there's Phantasy Star &…uhhhhhh…alex Kid in Shinobi World!

tbf, miyamoto himself described the first super mario as the first game he made with a blue sky. if your sky isn't blue, you're getting an inferior experience

Phantasy Star
Miracle Warrior
Golvelius
Alex Kidd
Wonder Boy in Monster World
Shinobi
Spellcaster
Kensaiden
Zillion
Cloud Master

Exactly, emuniggers are jealous of us.

The sky is suppose to be slightly purple.

Phantasy Star 1-4
Kid Chameleon
Ristar
Sonic
Chakan
Beyond Oasis
Ecco
Vector Man
Thunder Force

Those are just off the top of my head.

Enjoy your input lag, uneven screen lighting, shit contrast, and color inaccuracy, faggot.

I'll be over here playing Stalker on a 24" CRT monitor, actually able to see shit without boosting gamma.

Where do you faggots come from?

Those are Mega Drive games, user.

Look at all those master system games.

Oh shit nigga

Ys
Choplifter
Rambo
Black Belt
Outrun
Hang On

Also, so one of my local hospitals is getting a renovation or some shit. Are PVM's a meme? or should I go and try and see if I can get one?

Not original hardware enough for original hardware fags like me, not cheap enough to please emulation fags. This has a very niche market and I think a big part of the price tag is a markup to make up for that fact. Personally I'll stick with my RGB modded NES. I hope the thing can at least generate scanlines for that HDMI out.

The Jew Answer

The Actual Reason

the ntsc picture he's viewing while making the game would make it appear blue.

if they're getting rid of them, get them and release them into the wild while keeping the best for yourself

Why play a half-ass port when you can play it on the TurboDuo version?
Pretty sure there's better versions of this all over.
Objectively better versions are on the Genesis.

It's like Master System cucks actually enjoy harsh sprite limits, garbage color and shitty sound.

You sure you are replying to me, CRTbro? I love CRTs! True blacks for the win, I love black(s)

This looks better than any NES game

Get as many as you can, user. All of them. And then share the wealth with your fellow anons while netting a modest profit for yourself. Don't listen to people who accuse you of being Jewish, as long as you're not ratcheting up the price of each one.

I can get three sony models, not sure which ones. What is with the latest drool over RGB anyways?

So, my NES right in front of me looking purple, & miyamoto himself saying the sky is purple, vs. you on your 2001 era CRT that makes it look blue due to being built to a different spec than what miyamoto designed the game around in the 80's. Really dilates my imagination.

Good christ why do Master System games manage to sound more primitive than even the fucking Game Boy?

Do you think anyone on 8ch would be interested? I once hooked up an user with a grey cart of Zelda II, think he was from Seattle or something.

Some 20 or so MS games actually sounded really good.

RGB sharpens the image considerably, & PVMS/BVMs are purported to have the best color reproduction due to being built to medical/military/newscrew specs. Only people who need to see their games in the most razor sharp clarity bother with playing in RGB.

Get all of them. The drool is that it makes your /vr/ stuff look clean as hell, without resorting to shit like OP's over priced monster. Just don't buy into the SCART meme. You can just build breakout boxes for a fraction of the price.

it's been a thing people have tried to get since the late 90s for their home consoles in america, its been a thing in europe since the 80s. Retro gaming is only going to get bigger as time goes on, so you might as well get all 3, make sure they work or document any issues, clean them up, sell 2 and keep one.

I wish I had it on me, but there's an old picture of miyamoto playing SMB during the games development on a Sharp brand CRT with an identical blue sky to the picture I posted.

THIS. The goyim exist to be scalped.

Wait, so how would I mod my original nes, pc engine and snes to play on a RGB pvm? Looking at them they are composite and av

If I didn't already own a one I would. Plenty of people here would kill to get their hands on an RGB monitor.

That could have been from a prototype for all we know. Find it if you can though. Would be interesting to see.

RGB is an old video standard before component that would split up the signal like component (into Red, Green, and Blue, with a Sync signal) making the image much cleaner than component. Catch is RGB is a rare format which wasn't used in America outside of professional video editing, so this means displays that can handle it aren't common over here (in the UK they're around though as they did see a consumer release, same in Japan though they use JP21 which is RGB but wired different). RGB is the highest quality you can get out of most old consoles before you start getting in to intense mods.

Do you just perpetually lurk Holla Forums?

All SNES models aside from the mini can run RGB natively, you just need a cord for it (and possibly an adapter for your PVM or a cord wired for breakout), not sure about the PC engine, the NES you need to get some board from some aussie and wire it in to your system.

Can I do the soldering myself or do I have to ship it to him?

Some systems don't do RGB natively, but for the ones that do you just plug a scart cable into the system, & then plug that into a euro scart to BNC connector that plugs into the back of the TV. For audio you would plug the audio jacks into an adapter to feed it to external speakers.

I did a bit more digging and they did the sprite work on a sony cxa2025as which decodes ntsc to have that purple appear more blue. it's pretty well documented by ninten-autists.

buy pic related, install it into an appropriate din connector, enjoy RGB.

yeah, provided you have the knowhow/tools/skill

Sick sick, now I know what I am doing my next days off from the factory.

NES requires you buy mod board. Pretty simple install but you must have patience and be capable of repairing traces if you fuck one up. No big deal.

PC Engine can be RGB modded pretty easily, the video processor outputs RGB, it just needs to be amplified. There's guides.

If you have a standard SNES, it's RGB ready already. The Mini needs a very simple amplifier installed. In fact the SNES Mini has the best video, but does exhibit some graphical issues on specific games. They're minor niggles.

NES: Needs extensive modding to add an RGB board to the console
PC Engine: Needs modding
SNES: Does RGB, but the model with the best rgb signal (the smaller model 2) needs it modded back in.

I have the american block snes, the first model or JP of the pc engine and a top loader nes.

You can do it yourself. I bought it myself. Make sure you're very careful when removing the PPU. I lifted a trace when I did. Nothing I couldn't fix with a little botch wire.

To be fair the Model 2's RGB signal is not negligibly different from the Model 1 1-Chips, and the 1-Chip doesn't need to be modded to output RGB.

If the $500 NES had a SD slot to load "legal backups" it would be worth consideration. I don't have any of my old carts anymore, and I'm not paying collector/scalper prices for games older than the autistic jews selling them.

Get a flash cart or whatever?

The SNES is good to go, just build a breakout box and you're set. Top loading NES actually has a neat option for it, if you're willing to splurge, to replace the rear panel with a Multi AV Out like the SNES.

Why can't it have an SD slot? So they can sell another model six months down the line?

Of those the only one you can get rgb from right now without modding is your snes. The top loader would need an NESRGB board modded into it, & if you want to be really autistic about it, would need one of the firebrandx color palettes flashed to the system for the most accurate colors. I've never personally had an rgb modded pc engine but I've heard they don't do rGB without modding.

Well ok fine. Technically there's a 1chip model snes that does RGB, but modding it back into a Snes Model 2 would be easier than tracking one down.

It does.

This video might answer a few questions.

Fucking new-agey hippie douche. He refuses to just up and say "The other two options are too heavily saturated and looked ugly."

It says "SD card firmware updating" on their site and explicitly lists Everdrive and Powerpak compatibility, so I'm guessing it won't load ROMs out of the box.

There's a jailbroken firmware made by the guy who designed the entire FPGA bases console floating out there that allows you to load roms.

Just remember that when using CRTs, you don't need to spend the fucking $30-$60 for the SCART cables these cucks advertise. I build my breakout boxes using chink SCART cables for a buck and adapting them to RCA jacks.

You're an adult who grew up with things like shop class. Kids these days won't know what the fuck you're talking about. They don't know hold to solder. They probably wouldn't even know simple safety thing like "solder is filled with fucking lead, wash your hands after handing it".

Kids these days use emulators.

Right. fuck, most people these days didn't even grow up with CRTs. You can't hold them to your standards, since they have none.

In that case I have no further complaints, except the price. If this was $250 I'd buy one right now.

Technically the audio isn't 100% accurate, that's what's keeping me from getting one. well that & the price.

where do you buy those little cases you store the wiring in?

The NES isn't worth playing either.

I have both original hardware and I also use emulators. There is nothing wrong with using either, stop the useless argument. If you like you original hardware, good for you, you don't get a star or a metal for it.

China. Get them on ebay for like a buck each. My Genesis cable was unfortunately wired for Cync on COmposite, so I have to monkey with it, see if I can add an S-video jack to pull sync off Luma.

Go back to your emunigger thread.

I just said I have both you spic nigger, learn to read.

Sure you do.

Read the fucking thread, holy shit. Where do these cuckchan faggots come from. Get banned.

People don't get banned for wrongthink here, Paco.

They come from Neofag and and other shitholes with their sex-offender overlords fuck up too much.

Have fun with that nigger.

Why is neofag coming here now? did I miss something?

why are people still treating a dead site like a boogeyman?

Are you implying that I am from Neofag?

You mean Holla Forums?

Holla Forums is usually ignored these days even when it does something it's usually credited to 4chan who is desperate to signal that they are good little boys.

neofags? on 8ch? Never seen one, just people using it as an insult usually in place of an actual argument.

Mark made the Neofag thread a week+ cyclical, halfchan banned it, and 8ch got namedropped everywhere. It's not a coincidence that it's been worse here since Neofag blew up. It was like an open invitation for everyone Holla Forums hates to sleep over.

This site is on Alexa's Top 5000 moron.

Honestly I assumed the Model 2 is rarer, but I guess looking online people are charging more for 1-chips than Model 2s. Jews gotta jew I guess.

I think its cuz there's less work involved in finding minis. they're obvious what they are, but 1-chips you need to disassemble, they don't require work modding, etc.

weird enough, later SNES revisions have compatibility issues with some games.

It's probably aesthetics. I man MAYBE there's some weird snes accessories that only plug into the model 1, but other than that I've got no clue.

there's this which 2 games used and you need the correct bike.

and my psp can emulate all of them

Not a good one, you really should get a good one the shit 20$ ones are barely worth using.

poorly sure

yeah, plus you'll need a sucker and the good one are like $90. Good irons are similar, my Hakko one I got at a discount which normally goes for $130.

yeah I toss emulators on there to sell to suckers like you, you idiots pay for a lot of bad crap just because its got epic old games on it. come back to me when you can play a sonic 2 bonus stage lol

What?

people still buy L@@K @@@@@ PSP LOADED WITH 2000 GAMES happily

You are some sort of scalper?

nope

You know right you don't just use a psp for emulation, it's a pretty good system

Well I'm not that sort of retard, I bought a cheap PSP and then CFWd it

But that's illegal. Unless you living in russia. Then from phrase "people still buy" scratch the word "people". Enjoy vpn ban btw.

I love the PSP for its near-native PS1 support, component output, and the PSPs library.

emulation isn't something I care very much about.

Eh fair enough, I too see it as a cherry on the cake
Weren't you shilling for a $500 emulator just the other second

fpga is very different from software emulation

it's still an emulator

A HARDWARE emulator.

Which is an Emulator

its a piece of hardware designed to simulate the function of another piece of hardware of a certain kind

We are? I dunno man, the $450 that's still in my wallet sure is helping to cushion this "crushing" blow.

Enjoy your inaccurate NES games and lack of scanlines.

Still an emulator

will do

However will I cope?

You niggers do know that the NES doesn't have an internally defined color palette and will look different on every TV right?

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Famicom_Color_Palette

Of course, but you can approximate it very closely through observation. This is probably as close as is possible to what RGB out of an NES would be like if the PPU on the system didn't output nothing but composite.

firebrandx.com/nespalette.html

For the same price you can get an FPGA board that'll do SNES + special chips when SD loading.
So it's kinda meh even with the CFW, now the console the CFW guy is planning that's another story, it's aiming for the same pricepoint but this time up to the SNES and everything plausible before it, still wouldn't buy it but at-least it's not a complete ripoff.

The problem is most RGB palettes make NES games look way over saturated. Skin tones on certain characters tend to look yellow.

how much they paying you to shill this overpriced garbage? or are you doing it for free?

Go away

We should give away money to yakuza owned videogame companies like good niggers.

CIA NIGGERS I RUN THEM OVER WITH MY CAR

Is that hardware fag still here?

This is kind of and old thing now, check out their $189 FPGA SNES analogue.co/pages/super-nt/

A step towards hardware preservation, which is nice, but this won't even hook up to a tube TV. It only does HDMI. Would be best if they could reverse engineer the Nintendo Playstation & get full new homebrew releases, but that won't happen.

Hol up

This thing. You would of course need to add a disc drive to the thing. Technically you could just load up roms + .flac files on a flash card, but then there's no point in a disc drive in the first place.

Oh, yeah. HDMI only kinda sucks. And I'd guess that digital to analog video is kind of hard… But this doesn't really need to be hooked up to a CRT really, as hooking it up to a digital monitor won't introduce any lag or ugly scaler effects.

how

Are you guys fucking retarded? It's not emulation. FGPA IS actual hardware, it's just represented through logic gates that are programmable.

the VRC7 mapper chip konami used on this game, witch has a modified Yamaha YM2413 OPLL chip integrated. 6 channels, 2 operators FM. more or less equivalent of the FM chip used in the SMS

wiki.nesdev.com/w/index.php/VRC7_audio

It's a gate array pretending to be actual hardware, Emucuck.

This & Gimmick are so strange. I can;t even say "if only the nes were more popular we would have gotten more games like this" because it was popular as fuck. Really shows what the last few years of the NES were like development-wise.

NES was pretty good. I am going to retch when they start making FPGA Genesis units that sound like scratchy garbage because nothing can truly emulate a Yamaha FM Synth

aka emulation