Anyone who bought Future Tone? Because the game is on sale I wanna know if is...

Caleb Johnson
Caleb Johnson

Anyone who bought Future Tone? Because the game is on sale I wanna know if is worth the season pass or the bundle only is okay?

Also Miku Thread I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

projectdxxx.me/download
archive.fo/hLg07
twitter.com/cfm_miku_en
youtu.be/Kn8Vs_kKQMc

Robert Thompson
Robert Thompson

If you like Mikushit, yeah, it's not bad. The DLC packs are a ripoff though. You only get like, 12 songs for just $5 less than you pay for one of the main-game content packs which contain 100+ songs each.

You can also get it for free on the PC via PPDPC. Since it's a fan port of the arcade version, it won't be quite the same as the official Future Tone, but I think you can create and share songs rather than waiting for Sega.

projectdxxx.me/download

Ian Stewart
Ian Stewart

dat pic
is that the graphics of the game?

Liam Gutierrez
Liam Gutierrez

Its a low budget rhytm game where a ll the money is poured into music licenses, so yes.

Jackson Jackson
Jackson Jackson

Over 200 miku weebshit songs is pretty good value.

Only complaint is that it has less "structure" compared to the main Project Diva games, it's really more of an interactive jukebox. The Diva series has far more game/RPG elements and trophies, including that cute Diva Room virtual pet minigame where you can headpat the vocaloids. Only about 30 songs though, and the latest release, X, has a rather bland tracklist. Though honestly that's more due to the declining output of the Vocaloid fandom."

The season pass is bad value compared to the game packs. Only buy if you really want those particular songs.
The game also runs at a solid 60fps on console, and let's be honest, in a rhythm game response is more important than the fancy wallpaper.

Christian Lewis
Christian Lewis

Is Miku still a thing? I thought Japs stopped giving a fuck and wentbon to the next idol trend.

Liam Foster
Liam Foster

They have some good ones every now and then

Ethan Harris
Ethan Harris

Miku
Wow, is this Gaia Online?

Hunter Mitchell
Hunter Mitchell

so yes.
i dont mean it in a bad way, it looks nice and i wondered if it moved or does it stay static

Henry Watson
Henry Watson

Started declining around 2012-14, unfortunately. About the same time 2hu did, incidentally.

I'm not sure what, if anything, replaced them. The nips are scattered between a few mega franchises as I see it. [email protected], Love Live, Shipsluts, Granblue, Fate/Go, etc etc. Nothing that has the all-encompassing unifying power of the past greats.

Aiden Cox
Aiden Cox

The death knell was Crypton prostituting her to gaijin talkshows and shitty adverts.

Ryder Johnson
Ryder Johnson

It is the only reason why I haven't sold my PS4, but its the only one I've ever played. So I might have shit taste amd not realize. I just really like rythem games and DJ hero is super ded.

Gavin Anderson
Gavin Anderson

Why did anyone think that was good idea?

Carter Parker
Carter Parker

Jesus Christ, that actually would have been a better song selection than what they actually played. Never understood why, when they had a prime-time slot on a popular American show - they though "Yes, that's the song we want to introduce Miku to a whole new audience with".

Why not something that would actually appeal more to the audience? Why not Glow, or Two Breaths Walking, or Gigantic Girl? Or maybe something more iconic like The World is Mine or Tell your World?

Also, those concerts seem to be really lazily choreographed. Maybe it's just a limit of the technology, but it seems like her animations are barely related at all to the song she's playing in a lot of them and the dances she does look like they're just looping generic simple animation tests.

Logan Price
Logan Price

Did this trigger the shit out of japs or what?

Samuel Murphy
Samuel Murphy

this is now a gachi thread

Nathaniel Johnson
Nathaniel Johnson

Miku was always a corporate whore

Kayden Jenkins
Kayden Jenkins

And it keeps getting worse. Crypton's investment in foreign marketing sounds to me like the brand is failing.
archive.fo/hLg07

Mason Cruz
Mason Cruz

twitter.com/cfm_miku_en
They've already hired some Tumblr memeposter to run the (previously dead) official English Miku account.

Its been clear for a while the Jap fanbase has been stagnating - hell, that's what Sand Planet was all about: youtu.be/Kn8Vs_kKQMc

So I assume they're desperately trying to build up the western one to compensate. That explains the letterman performance, and the tie-in with Anamanaguchi.

That said, I dunno how well this will go seeing as the kernel the franchise is built on, the Vocaloid software, still doesn't support English well, and even if it did, the Tumblr fanbase is so vicious and drama filled they'll never collaborate on the same level the Japs did.

Evan Brooks
Evan Brooks

And it keeps getting worse.
Not in that chive.
Crypton's investment in foreign marketing sounds to me like the brand is failing.
Not in that chive either. Posted the wrong link?

So I assume they're desperately trying to build up the western one to compensate.
Instead of thinking 'western', think 'non-Japanese'. One of the overseas markets to Japan is China where support has been growing - along with the introduction of Chinese language vocaloids.

Jose Johnson
Jose Johnson

If it's offensive to weeaboos, imagine how bad it'll be for them. I'm sure not watching that video.

Sebastian Foster
Sebastian Foster

If Miku is declining, how come I see more and more statushit and figmas made of her as time goes by? She surpassed even Haruhi by a good margin on the "I have way too many figmas" scale. Incidentally, I also just bought all the packs that were on sale - thanks for letting me know, OP.

Gavin Richardson
Gavin Richardson

Dunno what's in the season pass, but the base game (Future Sound + Colorful Tone) is definitely worth it. I only wish that it had Kagerou Daze.

Michael Ward
Michael Ward

Is season pass worth though?

Charles Ortiz
Charles Ortiz

No, it only has a handful of stuff, like 4 songs each more or less. Just check if you really like any of the songs and see if its worth it. Personally, I bought it but mostly because I'm addicted to these Miku games, but it seems like a bad value compared to the billion of songs the other 2 DLC packs add.

Brayden Turner
Brayden Turner

tfw you will never inseminate Rin

Mason Davis
Mason Davis

Maybe if it was cheaper right now its on sale if you have PS+ but still not worth it.

Camden Sullivan
Camden Sullivan

If Miku is declining, how come I see more and more statushit and figmas made of her as time goes by?
It's because Miku isn't declining at all. There is still tons of music and fan art made every day, and her popularity is also growing outside Japan. Whether you like the new stuff being made or not is a different issue, but Miku and Vocaloid overall is still well alive.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit