FIFA 18

This game was half EA's E3 conference and I didn't even realize it had been released already. Did it bomb with normalfags? Any "worst of" webms I missed?

Also why is the cover athlete calm on every box art except the Japanese and Australian ones?

Meant this as pic 2

fifa 14 was better

Normalfags care only about microtransactions apparently. Even glitches are all fake about how to bypass microtransaction coins.

do normalfags need to have their attention grabbed in a vice grip to get them to click?

What a shame.

Pro Evo has much better gameplay than this shitpile.

As an absolute soccer autist I can say that Pro Evolution Soccer (or rather Winning Eleven and older International Superstar Soccer titles) pushed the envelope for what could be achieved in sporting sims with EA outright copying mechanics one by one and abusing their absurd hold of the leagues' IP that Konami suffered heavily and ended up becoming pretty much Latin American FIFA. Though make no mistake, FIFA titles HAD been good for a while. 2012 onward has set the trend of these games being just minor changes from title to title and an increasingly bigger focus on online-microtransaction shit, roster changing and diversity. PES 6 is still to this day one of the finest soccer sims ever. FIFA is pathetically easier than PES, but PES itself has become a shadow of its former self. What FIFA did right throughout its history though is still notable, i.e. the Indoor Stadium matches, the interactive loading screens, adding increasingly lower leagues, the first player editor even before Konami's etc.

I love how they're putting J-League's logo just to spite on Konami. They practically don't even see them as competition anymore.
Also, to give credit where credit is due, EA has been tainted by their practice of releasing buggy shit, but most of the glitches you see happen just cause there's millions of players playing billions of matches. On normal play, it's rather hard to find any of the crazier ones, but the incidence is still like 1 per every 100 matches. And matches rack up fast, too.

I'm not saying PES is currently as good as it once was back with like PES6, but it's till miles ahead of FIFA on raw playing. The league IP is a non-issue since there are massive patches every year that add every league on Earth, and with other mods you can have a 1:1 representation of an actual footy broadcast (outside of PES' atrocious, repetitive commentary). There is no reason to play FIFA unless you're a normalfag lootbox faggot

That's debatable, it's been casualized then competitive-ized then re-casualized in a lot of aspects. I.E. Dribbling is piss easy in FIFA compared to PES but stats are much more mappable on FIFA players than PES. No matter how you slice them, they're both much more luck dependent than in older times, only big difference is that PES is much more technical and FIFA is off-the-shelf playable.
I fully agree and it's been my MO since the early PES series that I'd dedicate myself just to mod shit in instead of buying any extra copy, problem is that FIFA's online is just leagues better because of how they set up their system and because of the radicalized dudebro community that will hop from game to game no matter what. By contrast, ex-PES fans are very vocal of their distaste with jumping from title to title just to keep the rosters updated (but still do so, especially in Latin American countries because of their hold of those leagues).
Turns out there's plenty of them, sadly. Which is also really funny that it happens in FIFA, since the more "valuable" players with the sparkly platinum and other assorted metallic leagues adjectives end up being completely worthless if you field players with crippling overspecialized stats and with a good pre-match strategy.

Football games are the same shit since 2005

Fifa has a retarded "finesse" shot that breaks the game, you just hold RB\L1 and shoot with a hyped player with high stats and its always goal

PES has retarded animation, everyone moves like a fucking Terminator, and marking sucks ass because you cant manually strike the ball while defending

PES' animation is quality since Konami adopted the FOX engine for it.

Oh faggots will pay for sportball simulator CURRENT YEAR without a care, though I do wonder if Madden 18 will take a hit seeing as normalfags are going away from the NFL

I remember when the opposite was the case, when did it change

The guy on the left reminds me of Spede

This isn't Madden you fucking burger, Football and this franchsie is so big that the only change can be the UI and CRs hair and all the lemmings will buy it anyway.

Football is the fucking circus Juvenal was talking about, even more than the Colliseum, you can have the Governmment literally cucking you from your wife and kids and nobody will move a muscle, once something related to Football happens however, there are riots.

I've seen fucking working class poorfag wife beating scum not being able to feed their kids but buying tickets for the Stadium just to watch their favorite club.

Its like videogames but it spreads across many more generations and its much more mainstream and tribalistic.
In a time where most of these clubs are owned by kikes that hire only foreign players and maintain them for years due to brand and better healthcare.

Football/Soccer is a meme sport and even Getball has more sportsmanship than it.

There is nothing wrong with getball

You are the fucking lemming I'm talking about
God damn, I hope someone bombs our country

Indeed there isn't

Does anyone even give enough of a shit about Portugal to bomb it
Then again Spain was bombed and the only thing people know the Spanish for are Tapas, their soccer team and that they speak mexican

Bullshit, its the same garbage as ever

user I…

When that modern engine included new and better animations, yes it does.

Well FOX Engine is admittedly pretty good and is a shame it is wasted on an unfinished game and fucking soccer

That's not how you greentext.

FIFA pretty much always sells like hotcakes, to the point where the franchise was nominated to the video game hall of fame some years ago (It isn't in as of the time of this post). No one in gaming communities talks about it because it's a total normalfag game.

In fact, EA's monopoly on licensed sportsball games is one of the biggest reasons they're afloat. Because they're virtually exclusively marketed towards normalfags, they consistently sell despite EA's jewry, because they simply don't care. They won't even pay lip service towards caring about it.

Its the only reason they're afloat

there's still a bit of resentment towards EA getting exclusive license to the NFL amongst older fans of stuff like NFL blitz and the like.
People like us aren't conscious of it because those people don't post on gaming forums.

you're even more pathetic than celebrity-worshippers

Sure, Fifa copied PES but in turn, Fifa hasn't been a fun game to play since 2002. They completely changed the style for the worse in 2003 with "more realism" and since then it's been downhill with press X to hold the ball and win.

It's amazing how in 2002 it had features like one-touch pass through a defender (a really good feature to get by a tough defense) where you called upon your teammate, made the pass and the AI started the run past the defender while you chose which direction the ball should go with the other passer.

But again, since 2002 it's been nothing but casualised to shit. Hence why i still can drop in and play with my friends and beat them mercilessly even though i don't have owned a Fifa since 2010.

Press LB+X, or LB+A if on xbox, retard. You then press Y or triangle to make the pass.

True
lmao you remind me of something that happened with older PES titles, can't remember which one started this trend but basically they made Long Pass really overpowered if you used during counterattacks online (because the AI is smart enough to put your players offside while Pedro and Ahmed can't), so they nerfed it to the point that using Long Pass means gifting a free ball to the opponent no matter where you are unless you're next to the goal area.
In older games, sure. Even FIFA 2000 had better movement. But in later ones not so much. Celebrations are creepy as fuck still.

Fat chance. As long as they don't add a kneeling animation, simulated niggerball won't stop being normalfags' bread and circus.

Can't remember a specific date, I guess it happened around the time the PS3 rolled out. Interestingly, they keep making PES games for PS2.

The lemmings don't buy it by default, they buy it the easiest or most popular one, but they're turning a bit wiser to the whole scam. Not by much, though.
Oh, my sweet summer child. Just cause you see how Burgerland treats their own sporting franchises you shouldn't make a case that all sporting franchises are kike owned. Soccer fans are extremely wise to how much (((FIFA))) (as in the association, not the game) kikes are ruining the sport and frequently express their disdain.

Hey hey, man, I just have a thing for soccer anime babes. Not a Lusitanian. Or are you just a triggered frog?

t. Marathonegro

EXACTLY. Back in the day, you could have UFOs flying around the match, a B&W mode for playing as classic teams, complete with grainy filters, FUN goal celebrations instead of dabbing.