Dota 2 patch Dueling Fates

dota2.com/duelingfates

Other urls found in this thread:

ytcropper.com/cropped/hd59f7c8ae3203f
dota2.gamepedia.com/September_23,_2014_Patch_(Test)
epicwar.com/maps/136161/
archive.is/qgqpJ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why should I care OP?

You'll have to point out exactly what is the most jewish with this update because nobody with self-respect knows anything about dota 2.

Some of the new talent trees are absolutely insane. Overall, it looks pretty good. RIP in piss jungle LC.

Seem pretty broken (Ugly Pixy reeks of more bullshit than furry)

Sort of better than last year's Viper and Sladar gay dragon models.

Lol, they're really trying to compete with HoTS and LoL. Did anyone tell them HoTS is tanking and LoL's playerbase is declining?

Two new heroes are literally LoL tier and they are making changes to game to turn it into a rice meta

But most stupid thing is Turbo mode which wants to steal cancerous playerbase from HotS

Rank changes are pretty bad too.

>>>/reddit/

Because Axe being an unkillable wall of HP wasn't enough apparently.

Turbo mode is just -em from WC3 Dota. Which is going to be shit, because it teaches some really bad habbits that don't apply to normal games.

Medals are purely cosmetic and if they work like they do in CSGO, they just show in what percentile bracket of MMR you're currently. is the fact you have to do placement matches every 6 months now that worries me.

Why should that worry you? Gets rid of the fags that take long ass breaks and don't belong in their MMR anymore.

That's actually a good point.

First Shelob in the new LOTR game, and now this shit.
It's like everyone suddenly hates spider characters these days.

I think Brood actually got a buff. If you look at how she's been played since TI7, it's been all manfighting, no one really plays around her invis anymore. Retaining movement buffs while under attacked makes her even more insane att manfighting in my opinion. Talents look pretty good too.

At least the other one is interesting.

You need to try her, she's actually harder to kill now unless you chain stun her to death.

Oh, and they fucked over Clinkz by making strafe end when someone shoots at him 3 times.
At least there's still the custom maps.

Hell no. The only actual nerf she got was her base movement speed. Spiders' effective HP is actually roughly the same with the MR/armor buffs, they're just more susceptible to Pure damage now(but who the fuck is gonna use a pure damage ability to clear spiders anyway).

No user, you are the faggot.

Strafe is way better now for ganking. You just can't solo siege towers as easy because the tower will cancel strafe.

Brood's "nerf" is that she no longer plays around her invisible webs but around manfighting, her spiders got a massive buff

wait a minute…

It's okay if it's an annual thread to contain e-sports faggotry and keep retards from making multiple threads after the first batch get deleted. If it's any time other than the designated retard jamboree, they can fuck right off.

Yo, there is a lot of weird jewery going on in this patch. I hate the new mkb, I need a reliable way to counter evasion. Bane is total cancer, Razor is cancer, new Viper is cancer, I am not sure if I want to play this game.

I stopped playing before 7.00 came out, and the game is beyond redemption thanks to 7.00. I'm baffled by the Techie "buffs," since they have been ruined.

yeah I stopped long before 7.00 too, but installed again in 7.04 or something like that. It really isn't dota anymore. I loved how cruel dota was to newcomers and noobs.

They added Tenacity from League (the stun reduction shit). And those 2 new "heroes" look straight out of league, and so do their kits. What a joke. Valve is so desperate for new players they have to get the LoL crowd.

Pick viper or buy a silver edge you retard.

Viper is indeed cancer, but I think you missed the other 2 most cancerous changes. Mirana and Morph. That 3 leap stack change is dumb and OP as shit, and Morph being able to copy his ally with 100% damage and all abilities is equally dumb and OP

Yes, or I could simply stop playing dota. I'll play a few matches to see if this is cancer is endurable.

didn't miss Mirana, she just happens to be a hero I can play so I don't mind her being cancer.

You forgot to mention the new Pixy, Brood, SD, Venge, Slardar, SF and his goddamn stacking nuke how is that fair. There's probably a lot more but I only had time for 1 game.

Bloodthorn. Silver edge.
Also with the way accuracy works, an MKB now reduces enemy evasion to 1/4 of it's value, so it's less of a nerf than you would thing. However this is still a pointless nerf to do.

You'll change your tune when you get a Mirana down to 50hp and she leaps 3 times, uses force, and then her ally forces her again. Quick trip halfway across the map

I mean can you feel the pain? I think it is your bones nonstop knocking on your brain. What else could it be? Fucking dead rabbits? NO! Newsflash you shitload drunken useless piece of shit. It is DOTA, obey to it you genderless degeneration.

The irony is LoL is losing players because a lot of players are fed up with the mandated meta, the shitty new heroes no one really touches, bad reworks and VUs, skins for champs who don't need more, and Riot ruining the core game with one shit idea after another. Sjw pandering also put a dent in Lol too.

Didn't they ruin Silver Edge?

Beastmaster got buffed too. Troll Warlord got some buffs too.

Also the whole randoming change is disgusting. And those 10 heroes that will be picked every week will 100% have cosmetic sales to them. Valve is trying to plunder as much sheckles from this dying game as much as possible.

Reminder this fat, balding fuck is also responsible for ruining Dota with others like Anndroid.

I'm convinced icefrog left over a year ago. You can just tell with the recent patches valve has no clue what they're doing. Not like icefrog was perfect, he was shit at balancing, but every good change in 7.07 is from removing shit like iron talon.

adding Tenacity and adding 2 new heroes that look and play right out of league is the final nail in the coffin.

Kek. I unironically love Slacks. How did he ruin dota, because he essentially gave Valve the idea for MK ult?

Attacking out of invisibility with it cannot miss and disables passive effects(which includes evasion).

That whole Mooncuck crowd is full of nu male faggots. Even (((sunsfan))) is apart of them.

Are you surprised or did you just try to be sarcastically playing the suprised one?

Life of everyone living human being got deformed into a mindless sale engine, subject to the urge of survival which also is deformed into some ass fucking weird form, reflected in everyday sociaty.
Burn it down.

He's a fat, ammpyomg meme-spamming faggot who only got far for being…an annoying faggot. Valve is catering the game to faggots like him. I won't be surprised if he's a Sjw-cuck.

Another Reminder PyrionFlax is a goon, and a cuck like Sunsfan.

I want it all to burn. Hollywood is about to catch fire with all this pedo shit, NFL ratings are tanking, SJW's are getting BTFO in the (((gaming industry))). normalfags are starting to realize what's what. Video games, movies, sports, the normalfag cannot withstand all 3 of his bread and circuses crashing and burning all at once.

teach that asian manlet whos boss

And yet somehow he wasn't the worst thing at the last TI. Because fucking Day9 had to one-up his faggotry somehow.

I don't really know what you mean. Slacks just likes lore and Techies, and Valve doesn't give a shit about lore and has destroyed Techies.
Pretty sure he's the only one in the Moonduck crew with any sort of logical sense in his brain. The others are all leftists.

day9 was just there to shill for the hearthstone crowd to get into Dota. The guy sucks corporate cock on a daily basis.

day9 is the fakest motherfucker in esports

Slacks is a fatass clown for little kids and reddit manchildren to laugh at. Which one is you?

I enjoy his stories, what can I say? At least I don't give him money on twitch (or anyone else for that matter)
Niggers out

wew lad

Now whats this?

Why do you think im a nigger?

you people will be death of innovation

Prepare your anus for Lv1 jungle WK that dies because he doesn't get his 9% proc.

thats a huge buff

inb4 Skeleton King arcana
Also
Holy shit, what?

"Oy Gevalt Kaz… I'm already a demon."

yuuo heff no armor btw ekks dee

Uhh…. No?

I'm beyond upset right now. I got out of the dota trap before the shitfest that was 7.00 dropped, but shit like this is just taking the cake. The game was already on freefall into casual territory, so why do they even feel the need to accelerate its decline even more? I haven't even bothered to read the rest of the fucking patch notes, and already I know it's going to be nothing encouraging.

Goddamnit, man. I love dota. I love what dota used to be. Why is this kike company ruining it.

Sheckles. OP's pic sums it up.

In general the game is more centered around teamfights than out farming and out maneuvering your opponents around the map. Valve is probably doing this to make it into more of a spectator "sport" than to pander to casuals.

Personally I enjoy it. Fighting in dota was always the most fun to me, but I understand wanting old dota back. I'm sure someone is working on an arcade game so people can play dota like it was before 7.00 dropped

are they based on Dota1 heroes?

Competitive dota is incredibly boring to watch now.

I hate this… I rarely pick carry, but when I used to pick carry I would pay a lot of attention to farm properly. I would always stack when farming a camp and I would also buy hotd to stack ancients on my own. And when I support I always stack too.

I hate randoming. In a sports game you also don't random your position at the beginning of a match. You play the role you can play.

she is a manfighter now with her spiders having 50% magic resist and 8 bonus armor

also are the mod games in this good? I mean on level of WC3FT ones.

Disagree. It has way more action now.

You can still outplay the enemy by farming efficiently. The problem is if your team keeps fighting without you and losing. With the jungle nerfs, it's very hard to keep pace as a carry when you have no other option than to dodge most fights because your team fed the enemy.

I bet you weren't around when Alliance ratted their way to TI champions or when the chinks were ricing for 90 minutes every game.

LMAO IT TOOK THEM FUCKING YEARS TO DO IT

YEARS

Fucking shitgame.

GAME OVER

that quote was misattributed to him

Source? Who said it? Anything of substance?

what??? erm, excuse me, you fucking noob, but at MY MMR(4.5k, motherfucker), axes buy blink >. blade mail > force.
why force? so they can get the fuck out coz once taunt ends hard carries are gonna fucking rape them if they don't get their spins.
after force you'd get a lotus orb, heart, shiva, or maybe a bkb first, but again, a decently farmed hard carry will rape axe with silver edge.

I don't know if I would get the talent, if team is shit and I'm dying a lot, maybe I'll get the 20 hp regen, if I blink well I should have double helix proccing on CD constantly anyway

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that retarded faggot was OP as fuck

African Notebook

You are one dumb motherfucker.

where did he say it?

People still play ARTS games? I thought that fad died out.

He's actually right, I couldn't find any proof the quote exists either. It's seemingly just a meme. But like any successful meme, it's no less true despite the misattribution

or get the new best item in the game that does fucking everything

fucking broken now
nerf already, jesus

>Bane
viable
actually required brain to play
got interesting blink counter

no idea what OSFrog had in mind with this changes
still garbage

>(((+100))) Armor Wukong's Command
>Cataclysm (Launched when Sun Strike is doubled tapped. Puts it on a 90 second cooldown. Creates 2 visible Sun Strikes within 175-250 range of (((each))) enemy hero)
>Tiny Agility from 9 + 0.9 to (((0 + 0)))
what the actual fuk

kewl

Dream Coil Rapid Fire (Attacks everyone once per 0.6 seconds within attack range)
WHAT COULD THIS MEAN?

Echo Sabre Nyx is basically a mandatory build now.

sure why the fuck not

go back to sucking devils cock in hell

Ironically, this is the new thread theme
ytcropper.com/cropped/hd59f7c8ae3203f

Never read so much bullshit at once

Cloak and Dagger Doesn't Reveal
No actions take you out of invisibility, can still be revealed with true sight

Level 10: +25% XP Gain OR +10 Strength
Level 15: +25% Shadow Poison Damage OR +40 Movement Speed
Level 20: -6s Soul Catcher Cooldown OR -1.5s Shadow Poison Cooldown
Level 25: +500 Demonic Purge Damage OR +5s Disruption Banish Duration
To what end?

Ebola demon

I believe Dream Coil attacks affected target from it's center using Puck's damage values. That's my speculation.

I was going to make a huge post of all of the bullshit on this patch, but this made me give up

What the actual fuck is this patch?!

And so, pubs enter a new world of terror

Holy shit

You niggers get what you deserve for playing Dota 2 in the first place, fucking stupid niggers.

>TECHIE MINES CAN NOW MOVE

WK has two new abilities now?

TREANT PROTECTOR:
Level 15: 3s Tree Respawn Time (Means trees always respawn in 3 seconds)

I don't even

WK with aegis, refresher and roshfresher can die 5-6 times now.

All these 1k faggots in this thread is embarrassing.

Undying has reincarnate now too.

after countless botched patches by valve and a steady stream of mediocre to good balancing patches by Riot I shamefuly declare I find LoL more fun.
The end is upon us.

… for a second I thought this meant treant himself would respawn in 3 seconds, but it means trees that get cut down respawn in 3 secs.

automatically causes heroes in range to attack dreamcoiled targets every 0.6 seconds, during teamfights its actually very OP

mines stacking is back

Hellfire Blast was original name when he was Skeleton King, Mortal Strike is going back into active ability with Critical Strike being a hidden passive one

LoL is not more fun its just that Dota2 quality of both game and community will decrease much faster than anticipated over time

So they just made puck good winter wyvern?

IO is fucking strong right now, deals same damage as you, attacks as fast as you and gives you a free aghs.

get that weak shit outta here
imagine what these mines will do with CENTAUR ULT

the real question: was this thread made by cuckchanners or 9fags?

can you even comprehend the implications?
I don't

Right click Doom isn't going to become a thing but I'd want it to

I don't think stampede works on summoned units

I was just stating my opinion, yours is also reasonable.
Hope the game languishes for a while and then revives like TF2.

What?

can't ruin what was already shit, valvedrone. dota 2 and all the other ASSFAGGOTS are garbage.

The mines actually fucking move

Can't wait to spam Bane mid

Oh, a Neogaf thread.

How did they manage to make their trash game even more trash?

You aim for the LoL audience, and try to compete with a game people hate playing (HoTS).

The mines ACTUALLY move

The worst part about this is that most Techies rarely reached 25 before 7.00. I have no idea if that's the case but to wait 25 fucking levels to only reach a point for the ability to stack them makes it almost fucking worthless.

i agree

implying they aren't one and the same and the former isn't just a mask-wearing version of the latter

To icefrog's favor, he had mentioned before he wanted to get rid of em a long time ago. Dota 1 just wasn't able to do it.

What happened with Day9?
I don't follow assfaggots but I remember him being pretty good back in the day.

Day9 is a washed up faggot from SC2 who lost too many games so he decided to become an "e-sports" face for Blizzard's SC2 and Hearthstone games, Valve being the retards they are decided to hire him to host their biggest event thinking they will lure some of the blizzard drones into Dota2

He is obnoxious as fuck and doesnt know basic shit about Dota 2 so Valve hiring him is equal of hiring a random drunk guy on the street to perform a heart surgery on some loved celebrity, its gona fail hard and have insane backlash from the fans.

Ffs Joindota website even had to make a damage control thread telling people to either accept his cancerous ass or Gaben will get angry at them or something along those lines.

So that explains this article…

The only hero I even play in this shit game anymore is Chen, and every major patch has been dumping on him. Might as well will go to WC3.

Game 5 of Ti3 was the greatest competitive dota game of all time. Fact.

Go home AdmiralBulldog.

And then he'll go back to SC remaster

Name a better game.

Protip, it's not Ehome vs EG game 5 or Ad Finem vs OG game 3.

TI3 had the best story line, best teams, best players, best games, best everything. No TI even comes close.

As someone who has a 2 year old MMR from when it was first calibrated that has gotten much worse since, you're right and this was a good change. RIP in peace 4k MMR on my profile page, you will be missed.

>all the cancerous heroes getting more le wacky talents

I remember in Feb of 2014 when someone on /vg/ said Valve would remove all orb effects, each team would start with their own courier already upgraded and we would be able to buy Desolator 2…
Also it only took them 6 fucking years to implement seasonal ranked and they still did it wrong.
Theres no hope for this game.

That degenerate plays dota?

NANI?

So no one is gonna mention ogre magi now doing 2k damage with 4x

Either Icefrog left or stopped giving a fuck at all.

No that was because AdmiralBulldog wanted to stream some tournament games from within the client but got threatened with legal action and a twitch ban by the tournament organizer.

I also think it's interesting that everyone here is ignore that mid can no longer hold the entire game hostage. Importance is finally back somewhat equally between all the lanes.

Just like league of legends.

You mean midlane is now the worst lane since its advantages are gone and the other lanes advantages surpass it?
Why don't they just make every lane the same so that importance is SUPER equal?

Well, at least I escaped that hellhole sonner rather then later.
Now the boosters can sell new accounts every 6 months tough.

This, dota 2 stopped being relevant after 7.00

Not for 8/v/ apparently, as this thread has hundreds of replies and barely any sages.

Its a blatant HoN rip.

Didn't they rip off the bounty rune from HoN to? Also I CLQ predicted one of puss n boots abilities, because they copied it from HoN

ASSFAGGOTS ASSFAGGOTS ASSFAGGOTS ASSFAGGOTS ASSFAGGOTS ASSFAGGOTS ASSFAGGOTS
ASSFAGGOTS ASSFAGGOTS ASSFAGGOTS sage ASSFAGGOTS ASSFAGGOTS ASSFAGGOTS ASSFAGGOTS

I really wish the range on that was greater, like, sniper ult range on throw or pa dagger. Ohh man, when I read that I was dreaming of throwing trees from a distance.

Ok now I have to agree with that one user, they want the casual audience no matter what and it is seriously affecting the game now (even though dota is known for being anything but casual friendly and it wont attract shit)

Wow, that's some major bullshit right there. What a great company.

This was Tiny's old ult. They're reusing old skills, like Razor's new change is basically his old ult as well.

You cured cancer, but can you cure super aids?

Do explain, pro gamer.

Sorry i started playing then axe released.

Design wise they are already pretty cancer. Low cooldown, always ready to fight, and not even creative spells.

Someone at Valve is a necro spammer. Necro get's buffed every patch (that said I prefer the older version before ghost shell got added) even thought he is op as fuck. He had high as fuck winrate since ages.

That shit's insane, you just hook up to troll/alch/clinkz and you fire like a machine gun. You need some cheap damage items and you become the best ganker in game. Also that free aghs upgrade is insane, just tether to lion every time he wants to ult.

Holy fuck

Ahahahahah.
+65 attack +5armor +5hp regen, dispels, interrupt (slow 100%), mute (5s).

It's like why wouldn't you take that!

Necro was nerfed this patch though

because it costs 4.5k

WHAT IS THIS SHIT

Necro is not OP unless you are a 2k shitter

nice, very impressive

A while back (3 years ago), Riot did the same thing to one guy who loved the game, and streamed tourneys when a shady company sent c&ds and threats to the guy. Riot in it's infinite wisdom decided to go with the shady company, silencing anyone told them how horrible the company was. Bulldog getting the middle finger from Valve and Gaben reminded me of that.

Soon couriers will no longer die, but instead take forever to send stuff if you or your teammates die.

I don't know if he was nerfed, now diff can't remove his shell anymore, and his tree looks better to me.

Necro has insanely high winrate in high mmr bracket. Sniper is a hero that only works in low mmr.

This change really punishes the good core players who end up in shit teams. Every once in a while I end up in a team that doesn't buy courier. No problem, I just skip one of my starting items and buy the courier myself. But now that the courier is 200 gold it is way harder for me as a mid player to buy it if my team doesn't buy one.

Because when he is picked in high MMR he is picked with heroes that have good synergy with him, Sniper only working in low mmr is bullshit as shown with VirtusPro who picked him in the Major Finals and won with him.

Have not watched any TI after 3, what went wrong with the next ones, except the chinese?

I don't watch pro games, but tournament games are different from pub games anyway. What works there does not always work in pubs. Sniper in it's current form has shit winrate in 4k and 5k, but above 50% in 2k, 3k and below 2k. Sniper is a hero who works better in lower mmr.

Sniper has shit winrate because idiots pick him against gank heavy heroes meaning they are basicly outpicking themselves and feeding Sniper to enemy team, most people who abuse Sniper in 2k bracket are smurfs anyway

THE MINES MOVE

So you are saying that Necro has a good winstreak in high mmr because people up there know how to pick, but sniper has a shit winrate up there because he gets counter picked?

How did you read that as Bulldog getting the finger? Valve just gave him the OK to restream off DotaTV as long as he didn't commercialize it, which is completely fair.

Honestly if a streamer wants to rehost a tourney with his own ads up he should just get permission. Sponsors would love more views and usually don't care where they come from.

Yea, you're right.

Someone slap this fucking retard.

>it's fun

He is right though, it's just missing a slow effect.

yes because unlike other ranged carries sniper lacks mobility and consistent damage output in early/mid game, HoN did an amazing change to their Sniper hero by changing Shrapnel to a damage ability that does the following:

Launches a blast at targeted area, initial hit does 100 damage and enemies in area take 200 damage over the following 4 seconds (50 dps at lvl 4), sight given on the area lasts for 9 seconds in total.

In Dota2 sharpnel is pure garbage and Valve tried giving it more charges which is still garbage, give Sniper HoN's version of Shrapnel and improve his turn rates and he will become a decent carry.

When going the new patch drop?

never hopefully

He is right though, it's just missing a slow effect.

Well, at least I escaped that hellhole sonner rather then later.
Now the boosters can sell new accounts every 6 months tough.

What
WK infinte lives?
Thank god, took them long enough
Good, but bad. Prevents faggots from feeding couriers to the enemy team, but I actually used a second courier sometimes.
Watch your enemies explode before your eyes!
What now, with double refresher you can have a perfect hexagonal box, and if used smart, you have 6 illusions per hero, totaling 30 fucking illusions from enemy heroes
WHAT THE FUCK
TAKE FUCKING COVER BOYS
Lion can now casually spike you from across the fucking river
PA was already a gambler, now things get more serious
Top kek
Now this ability finally has some use
Just abandon your game, because this in combination with cd reduction and another disable will lock you in place the entire game
But if Ebola demon wasn't powerful enough already
HA
Buy 6 rapiers, enjoy throwing recreational nukes at pubs
For lategame: just buy a deadalus
Thank god I don't play this game anymore. This is just too crazy to be real.

The range is to short, it's not the same as toss range.

It's Coup de Grace. He's Phantom Assassin with a 3% lower proc chance but a stun and a slow attached to it.

Deadwood from HoN took it from Dota 1 Tiny, you uneducated mongoloid.

It was Tiny's ability first.

DEATH IS MY BITCH

I uninstalled game so I don't have to deal with this cancer. There is some funny stuff though.

sheit boys, fucking turbo mode is insane. You can buy everywhere on the map, you can just buy a salve and clarity all the time, or mangoes in the middle of a battle. Wonder if you can buy a bkb, activate it and then sell it again.

Tomorrow.

l-lewd

[Citation needed]

>You could play the virgin thicc fairy

wish that girl looked a little bit more human like, her current form is to creepy for me to jerk off to.

He looks pretty shit so far though.

wait, give me a second to pull out some decent girl

Is this supposed to be get me all hot and bothered? Surely you can do better than that.

So you think that these girls are not decent?

No way fag

Sry I covered it

Worst thing about this patch. Still no region lock.

You think Peruvians are bad? Try playing on EU servers where you end up in games with arabs, africans and fucking asians. You join a game and you end up in games with people from Morocco, Singapore, Pakistan and Romania.

Why is western 2D porn always so fucking ugly?

What are you? A race traitor?

Fucking russians and turkroaches holy shit they are SO BAD.

You should see the great works of Shadman, he the savior of western porn

I can't even go through all of these talents right now, there are so many changes.

The furry is. See

The skill order is the really damning evidence. Because the E let's you ignore all armour, you only ever need one point in it for most of the game (unless the % chance scales like 10% per level or something silly like that). Likewise, damage mitigation doesn't help you win fights, it makes you survive longer, so it won't be the skill you max first. You may your Q first, your damage gapcloser skill.
It's a page right out of league.

Oh hey that's some quality ar-

DROPPED

lel

patch is out

ye man fucking russians not the horde of autistic germans ruining games or the french faggots who feed from first minute if you dont give them 2 tangos for their mid

I wish there was an actual clone not just derivative shit like LoL that emulated pre 7.00 dota
7.00 fucking ruined the game for me.

Be nice to have a moba with WASD controls instead of gookclicker, but still top down. It'd also need to be deeper and more complex like oldota. Be cool to play with height as an advantage.
I know uphills ranged gets a 25% miss chance but that's whatever. Nice detail though.

Bloodline champions would have been good for it.

How was that? All I see in reviews is community = dead

It was fun while it lasted, community got pretty cancerous and like all games with a high skill cap it died off fairly quick.

They relaunched under a new title recently, forgot the name of it

Battlerite - has a peak of 3k in the last 30 days and an average of 1400 players a day.

Holy shit those changes are cancer. They're trying to morph DotA into LoL.

Sniper can do that with assassinate on aghs. The aghs actually makes you do shit damage for an ult unless you are going rapier build though. I only did that shit once because I was in some fucking retarded game where everyone was blinks/slark/super long range abilities and my sniper would just die in an instant if I actually tried autoattacking, so I ended up afk farming aghs rapiers and a deso and then suddenly started fucking shit up with my giant ults.

Normally you never do that shit unless you feel like having a silly game where a friendly alch is building you aghs.

Basically get mkb and jav I think. I'm guessing accuracy stacks additively.

That was intentional. IceFrog always hated techies and went out of his way to take forever porting that hero and nerf it into uselessness and then rebuild it into some trash shit. Remember that Techies's ultimate used to be suicide for huge damage.

Tiny is basically echo sabre or moon shards now. If you get moon shard, treads, and armlet he's already on 170% attack speed. You can also build vlad on tiny since he has fuckhuge base attack damage, covering more armor. The lack of agi can be papered over fairly well.

Bane is cancer now. He can now attack nightmared enemies without breaking nightmare and his enfeeble now gives him that damage as a bonus with the level 10 talent.

I'd like a good one with FPS controls but it'll never happen because these games always copy League which doesn't have the one thing that makes Dota compelling: absurd and varied balance.

They've been doing that since 6.86

So removing all the micro/unit-based heroes like meepo/chen/brood/natures from the game, thus making it permanently more simple than dota.

Even before 6.86. The decline was just more subtle back then.

hmmm, sniper IO new op combo? IO gives free tether to whoever he connects to. All sniper needs to do is farm damage items and with IO hooked up to him he can ult like a motherfucker.

6.86 seemed like the critical point before the degeneracy went into total free fall. I remember I watched purges vid on the patch notes and he went "IT- ITS NOT THAT BAD GUYS! LOOK AT HOW SMALL THE SPELL AMP IS!" One thing that always sticks in my mind is how hard heroes from dota 1 get nerfed when ported, or just have their unique/strong traits gutted. Arc Warden doesn't have infinite consumables, midas nerf and cant use divine through his clone this was always gimmicky as fuck, earth spirit got sodomized, underlord's aoe root doesn't go through magic immunity.

It just shows how the game has declined and been dumbed down over the years, or the community doesn't want to adapt to anything that is actually hard to deal with. Just imagine how hard invoker or meepo would get nerfed if they got ported around now.

started long before that, The hoho-haha days were already cancer, comeback gold started it. Icefrog increased passive gold gain, you got huge amounts of gold for killing. Farming get's nerfed, randomly fighting get's buffed.

LoL is all about fighting and ignoring fighting, and that's what Dota is trying to do since years now.

Critical point isn't the starting point, it's when it goes from a steady decline to a hard steep drop.

i forgot what exact patch it was but it was done after TI4 when chinese invented the Deathball meta and completelly rekt the western teams, Icefraud released some retarded patch killing off Deathball meta and games turned into 50 minute snoozefests with random bullshit comebacks where early and mig game really didnt matter as long you had a hard carry like Sven/AM/Spectre to get one smoke kill on their carry and suddenly he is a comeback machine

And I believe that 6.86 is pass the critical point, comeback gold was in my opinion the peak. 2k for a single kill is insane, and you got that gold in a aoe.

I lost track of time, playing since 2012 and I have no fucking idea when what happened anymore.

this is the patch after TI4 that started the shitty comeback meta dota2.gamepedia.com/September_23,_2014_Patch_(Test)

yeah I remember that change around the fountain, but… it feels like this happened 10 years ago to me. Time goes by fast.

Yes, but a lot of those changes were small-scale gay shit. Not a fullblown gay pride parade of changes. I mean the faggotry is off the charts here.

lol. I need a link to that review.

All of which, among the many other little things, was a deliberate attempt to get away from the longer structure a typical game had back in those days. Retards like a948aa would complain about "50 minute snoozefests" all the time, so patch by patch, bit by bit, icefrog tweaked things in infinitisimal amounts until 5 patches later, miraculously, average game length had drastically shortened. My theory is that 6.86 is where Valve, sensing a sinking ship directly due to these shit decisions, decided to really screw the bolts on him in a bid to chase the e-sports children audience, LoL runoff, etc etc.

From then on, it was over. By turning the burner to high instantly, they didn't give time for the frogs to accumulate to the heat. Dota is dead. The mechanics are only going to get dumber. The structure of the game is going to remain 'fast-paced action/fight centric' horseshit forevermore. Might as well be LoL tbh famaroo.

I fail to see how Io contributes jack shit to trying to assassinate as sniper, honestly. All you get is a bit of mana. You will already have mana for repeat ulting on account of the fact that you had to build fucking aghs.

The most Io contributes is being your support bitch while you farm.

Incidentally, Io should probably spend his time making a difference supporting someone more useful while you are off farming items for your aghs rapier bullshit. A farming sniper is like a 4v5 until you get your shit. A farming sniper supported by Io is like a 3v5.

Honestly the whole idea sounded like some 1K mmr shit.

I just stopped by to say that I stopped playing since TI5 and that was quite literally the greatest choice I have ever made.

Fuck all of you.

It's one hell of a drug.

Go back to Warcraft 3 and play a better AoS. I'll recommend Arkana.

epicwar.com/maps/136161/

Shitty meme.

no thanks

yea you 2k shitter i am a "retard" for not enjoying stupid games where early and mid games dont matter and enemy team can make a comeback from a single smoke gank on your carry at 40 minutes into the game then the game drags for another 10 minutes and you lose because enemy AM/Sven/Spectre got 6 slotted due to retarded comeback gold/xp change, that sure sounds like fun huh ?

At level 15 IO gives aghs upgrade to everyone he is tethered too. Some heroes have good aghs upgrades, but can't farm it. Sniper's aghs is decent, but he wants to farm other items and he also doesn't have the slots to buy it. With IO on his team he get's a free aghs while he farms other items. Warlock has his ulti upgraded too, he can go straight refresher.

DotA 2's pathing is cancer too. I really, really fucking wish DotA 2 enabled manual movement instead of the pathing retardation where every so often my hero does some insane suicidal walk-around while I was trying to run and hide into the bushes.

Ah, that's new. I missed that. That's a bit superior to alch's ability to buy other people aghs. Still, that means Io has to spend time tethering the sniper who is going to stand outside the fight (on account of drop rapier = lose) instead of helping out someone who is in the thick of things.

In other news, Meteor Hammer buried in a parenthetical sidenote that it does 115 damage to regular enemies for 6 seconds, making it a 690 aoe damage item plus stun for 2.6k gold. I'm guessing this is a Treant item now, for invisible hammering into an ult. Or Bane if you feel like grabbing Aether Lens on top of the +150 cast range talent for a 1000 cast range meteor.

Why do they do this?

This is why people hate randomers.

Found the russian.

I am pretty sure that's an option

Play captains mode if you want to nofun tryhard.

Pangolier buff pls

They destroyed randoming outright, really. The starting gold made a huge difference but they first chipped away at the gold then did this insane shit with heroes of the day. What a load of fucking cancer.

It's worse than randoming.
At least with randoming it's out of your control, in terms of both teams.

Free mango at the start of the game and you can choose which hero you get? Lower MMR players will probably end up getting reported for not picking mango heroes too. Randoming is also less risky meaning that the bonus will be easier to attain.

Free mango and you can more easily get a first blood or harass your lane.

Dota 2 shouldnt exists in 2017, it should have died years ago. Games needs to be replaced from time to time.
Can`t believe people have fooled themselves into believing million balance patches will somehow fix anything substancial.
What you need is clean slate, a new game from ground up.

To be fair, in his release state, and even after the next two nerf patches for him, he was a beast that could dominate games from lvl 2/3 onwards, if you were semi competent wwith him.
He has just so much fucking utility that he ccould shut down almost the whole enemy team by himself.
Don't know how he's now, since I haven't played since 7.00, but iirc he's still considered one of the best hereos in high mmr.

you are left with 185 gold. what the fuck are you supposed to buy?

Spirit Breaker gets spammed now because he does everything ES does but 100x better.

a second mango and branch?

Which yordle wud u fugg

Just played a game as position 5 Dark Willow. Shit is op
Also,

You're not supposed to buy all of it. You're supposed to split the cost of courier, two wards, a smoke, and a sentry with a position 4. Other 3k shitters unfortunately in my area, because I'm bad at the game don't get that, and everyone shuffles the cost to one person.

That, or they just don't buy wards, because who needs vision amirite? End my life now. This MMR is the second circle of hell.

Yeah you are.

wow what a gay

its so fucking obvious when a piece has been done by a lib

What they do it now that that you get paired with team mates who have similar ping to you. So you usually end up with a team of Americans vs a team of shitskins

In order words, no excuses, git gud, faggot

You can do that, but you have to do that through console.

just play battlerite instead, it offers everything dota 2 has to offer without demanding half an hour of your time

There are always people that have it worse than you.

How how about less investment into getting it

It's a lot easier to contest and steal too.

Is there porn of the new girl yet?

Bubb, 3k mmr and above that practically never happens unless its mass disconencts or arguments carryign over from before the game. The much more prevalent problem i someone not buying winged fast enough since they struggle on their lane.

"good" core 1k mmr players can go fuck themselves, as can anyone else at that level.

The two games feel completely different.

You'd have to be blind to think it will ever be as simplified as league.

Also does the game keep getting fucking brighter with every patch, mud golems for instance are a pain to look at and you can't make out the details. And lowering brightness doesn't help for some reason.

Replaced by what? By fucking Gigantic(pile of tumblr horseshit)?

Make a good game first, then you can point people to it. Right now dota is all we get in the genre.

I haven't played this in ages, do the items in your inventory past the initial 6 have any effect on your stats? Or is it that they're just nullified while in that part of your inventory?

The latter

They're disabled while they're in there, and remain so for several seconds when they're put into the main inventory.

pathetic

The best out of a pile of shit.

APEM used to be a thing - so it's not that new.

Yeah, they really dumped things down by replacing +2 all stats on every hero with 800 new passives and denies being more brutal than they have been in 10 years is another sign of them casualizing everything.

The 10 heroes are random for each game and you can still pick all of the heroes, I have no idea what you have to cry about there.

Not gonna happen, Blizzard wouldn't like that.

Just because something is different doesn't mean that it's automatically easier.

Pretty sure they weren't just sitting there and failing for years.

I didn't say it'd be LoL simple, just that they're moving in that direction. Also don't underestimate valve.

I have never played LoL in my life, I didn't even watch a lol match on youtube so I am not a expert on this, but isn't LoL just dota with less farming? I watched some videos that compare lol to dota and everyone says that LoL is dota with all the "painful" things removed. And in my opinion those "painful antifun" things are the fun in dota. And it looks like valve is trying to remove those to me.

When I see this much level of denial I just remember the time purge went "ITS- ITS NOT THAT BAD GUYS!" during the 6.86 patch notes

When was this added?

I played both. LoL is DotA if all the heroes did the same exact thing different ways, minus a few ults, so they're basically all played the exact same way. It's always been teamfight centered because all the lanes where basically fair 1v1s, tanky offlaners top, mages mid, sup carry bot, junglers. EVERY GAME. All the items are just stats minus a few. There is no denying all they can do is harass eachother until the jungler comes to gank. You can't towerdive early or much at all like you can in dota because you can get 2 shotted by the tower, so you always have a saftey net. They copied dota abilities but they're all neutered to shit, like theres a werewolf who has bloodseekers (20% hp gives vision passive) but he has to be right next to you. There is no cutting down trees, trees are basically walls. The only way you can hide is in bushes (that you can stick wards in and give vision inside the entire section of bushes) so juking is neutered.

It's literally dota dumbed down in every concievable way. If you tell LoL players about invo, meepo, terrorblade, etc they shit there pants.

Yeah, denies are probably more brutal than they have ever been (I heard LoL is really strong on denies, so maybe that's what you're talking about). Also noobs don't buy consumables and you're way overestimating the effect of fairy fire and raindrop. The fountains add more ways of fighting around the map to the game whereas in LoL you can't teleport towards the enemy at all (and they have been getting weaker each patch which doesn't support your casualization theory).
Them replacing the generic +2 all stats with 8 talents per hero also didn't make Dota easier to learn, but you can just hell HotS at that change.

They also have been reducing many sources of gold income during the last ~10 patches, so it's not like it's a one-way street towards wealth.

I just remember when some faggot put 25 centimeters of wood up his ass out of anger during the 6.48 patch notes.

I'm not talking about 3k shitters, and you severely underestimate fires and raindrops, which I did at first to. I didn't start buying them till CLQ (6k mmr) started bitching about them, and god damn raindrops are broken. I've survived so many times with 10 hp because of raindrops, and this isn't even combined with wand or ff's. I've even seen points in his own games where he saved himself or an enemy lived at 10 hp. Combined with boosting starting health for every hero. Yeah, you can play sloppy as fuck at any decent rating with those things and survive. It also made heroes like puck and qop game losing picks.

Fountains are saftey nets. It made it harder to punish a scattered around team. It's not like TP'ing to towers which are a 30 second walk from eachother giving you enough time to pick someone off and get out. It dumbed the game down.

Nobody gives a shit about how hard it is to learn dota except 1k shitters. This is an issue about them helping bad players who've been playing the game for years but still are shit.

They nerfed the jungle, maybe nerfed the creep lanes, but they gave each rax like 2 towers worth of gold, free fucking gold on the floor every 2 minutes, made support items cheaper, made tp scrolls go from 125 to 50gp, etc. Spread the gold from 2 prime targets across the team.

Maybe indirectly, but this was all to make supporting easier for bad players who don't manager their economy. It's clear they want supports to get big flashy items (like in LoL). Instead all they did is make roamers OP. They're taking the extremeness out of the game.

I think it comes down to this. Dota isn't much easier today, but it is more forgiving than it was ages ago. Shrines and ff and raindrops allow you to play careless.

I'm not saying that they are useless, just that they aren't "immortality for noobs" like you've been saying.
Was the game already lol when they introduced magic wands? If they introduced vanguard this patch would you cry about the game being more like LoL because now noobs don't get punished for falling asleep in the middle of a creep wave, or Wraith King because casuals can't push buttons?

Do you think the game would be less dumbed down if they removed TPs at all and instead had some "don't take damage for x seconds to portal home" innate ability? Or maybe just limit the TP to T2+ towers?

You're talking about them casualizing the game, or are you not?

They just increased the costs of wards and smokes and I don't see how it's an inherently bad thing for support players to get some items as the game progresses. Just because something is different doesn't mean that it's automatically easier.

Or to bait people when you're low hp, also magic damage across the board increased, so you could just see the raidndrop as a counterweight to that.

By the way: Denies now give the same amount of XP (25%) to the one denying the creep as they do to the guy who gets his creep denied, you used to get 70% recently and 50% without the bonus XP for the enemy before that.

thanks Icefraud, it was very necessary to have the ability to NOT DIE AND HEAL FOR GORILLON HP

Tp should cost 250 gold so only cores can afford it, fuck teleporting and fighting, and it should be on a 5 minutes cooldown while blink dagger is in a 6 minutes cooldown with a third of the normal range

Nobody said you can't have controls via the mouse, just that your main hero would be controlled by wasd.
Could have it so you have minions which are mouse controlled but you can still control yourself at all times via wasd.

This would make sense if you could teleport to any location on your half of the field. Maybe a 3 minute cooldown on blink, same range, but don't disable it when you take damage (encourages use for escapes only).

Holy shit is this what /r/Dota is like? Game can't die off fast enough.

At least one person seems to get what I'm getting at though.

user, I think you just got here from some Pinoy DotA Faceberg group and are trying to deflect.

That change is scary and every time something new gets added you have to be against it and find some random link to some shitty game?
You shouldn't take Chi Long Qua that seriously, user. He'll whine and complain about everything because he has some rather big issues with his mood and behavior. Big enough for him to retire his entire CLQ-character and then hate himself even more because his "road to reformation" fails every time a game looks like he has more than a 10% chance of losing.

Maybe 30 minutes you retard, why give so much time between uses, remove buyback too (^:
Go play lol then, where there's a gank attempt only once every 6 minutes because jungler needs flash to engage and core ad carry rightclicker will flash to attempt to escape.
>>>/suicide/

Icefrog really fucked up by removing Iron Talon like that. Doesn't he know that he needs to force somebody to jungle every game for Dota to become a great game without anti-fun and burden of knowledge?

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Bloodseeker's Rupture. The visual indicator is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp on cause and effect relationship most of the plays will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Strygwyr’s passive, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from naix's literature, for instance. The dota 2 fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of that ultimate, to realise that they’re not just hard to learn, impossible to master gimmicks says something deep about DotA. As a consequence people who dislike Rupture truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the damage based on movement while affected by Rupture's catchphrase “Lie down, have a cookie” which itself is a cryptic reference to Joe Louis' epic phrase. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Strygwyr’s genius wit unfolds itself on their games. What fools.. how I pity them.

he should make safelane's t1 have 9999 magic resistance and armor to discourage early tower pushes in that lane
With bans for unorthodox builds.

Check my dubs you magnificent bastard.

Only if you post the screencaps of healers being toxic, nobody liking scary heroes or rapture requiring MENSA-tier IQ to comprehend

Looks like I don't have the one with rupture, take some anti-funvoker instead.

Now post people getting banned because they bought six boots

Now those are good digits!
what a shitheap of a game.

what.

Found the entire thread
archive.is/qgqpJ

lel this guy bitching about rupture. In one of my first games I got ruptured too and I had no idea what was happening to me but I looked it up and figured it out on my own.

also checked

Makes me remember how high on their own shit those fucking lol-devs were.

Penny Arcade and LoL are one of the reasons why modern gaming is trash. They both pushed this mute ban bullshit, their video has been taken down by now and the steam community forums are down so I can't find that episode right now. Anyway, Penny Arcade basically suggested that people should get automatically muted when others mute them a lot, and valve basically implemented that into dota. Fucking SJW's ruining gaming.

Fucking beautiful. I hope this patch was enough to finally push slapchop Alch back into the meta. AoE magic damage radiance Alch was hot dogshit from its initial inception.

urn 2 completely counters him though

that urn shits on a lot of heroes, hoooskar is basically useless to.

pathetic are the mouth breathers angry they can't play competitive games so they shun a whole type of experience out of sour grapes

doto isn't great but the base format is what some people want, one day you will get over yourself and accept that

In league, heroes are less unique skillwise. Everyone has a gap closer basically, and the metas are much more restrictive item wise. Everyone has a 4 min cd force staff that doesn't take up a slot. In league, mana means a lot less, which ends up with more spammable, lower impact abilities casted many times rather than large impact spells.

Items in league do a lot less than the stuff in dota. If BKB was put into league, the whole community would cry loudly until it was removed, because none of their items are that strong.

The abilities themselves are largely aimed skillshots. Playing dota is more akin to a strategy game, whereas league is more like a bullet hell. League's map is noticeably smaller. You can't deny creeps, you can't creep block, you can't stack camps, etc. Heroes in league all have a teleport back to base ability with no cooldown, and no couriers.

League is fun in short bursts, but no, it's not dota with less farming.

TL;DR League is a moba, but with much lower impact abilities, is much more focused around quickly aiming and dodging spells, and abilities in general are very neutered compared to dota.

what are wisps items

its not my webm, but certainly something OP considering his hp.

At the least, he's got a skadi, mael/mjolnir, and daedalus.

Must be something fairly unrealistic, since swashbuckle only hits 4 times.

ult is way easier to control once you get the 2 second talent which tbh he should have by default when ulting otherwise in tight spaces unless it's roshan or you get really lucky you're gonna bounce around and do nothing

You can also always cancel your ulti or perma-stun people that way

This ride never ends, does it?

I hate wr, she is a total cunt

chilling touch works with pangolier's q

I imagine orb of venom works too.